[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Idaho has some of the best hiking and most beautiful scenery in the US. But because there's no fed run national parks tourists skip it lol. Literally some of the best scenery and hikes and drives in the intermountain West but because it's the onl western state with no fed parks even all the easy baby trails are secluded and empty
>>
>>2653088
People don't skip Idaho it's literally full of Californians now. Houses are expensive and people make like $9 an hour here
>>
>>2653088
God the south is so souless
>>
>>2653149
This. California literally destroyed the state
>inb4 it's just Biose
yeah because ID has soooo much other infrastructure...
>>
>>2653178
>Iowa #1
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2653393
shits kinda boring but the quality of life here is great. I live in a metro of 225k but the suburb I am in is 97% white. You make good money
here compared to the cost of living as well.

Also... your moms a ho
>>
>>2653149
Yup. Because faggots like OP couldn’t keep their mouths shut the state got ruined
>>
>>2653178
I recently got Rocky Mountain fever from a tick I one of the red states. Nearly died.
>>
>>2653088
I drove through Idaho once. I only stopped at culvers. Wasn’t sure where to explore in the state. Everyone inside the restaurant was complaining about how expensive things were and they couldn’t pay their bills. It was weird. I really wanted to buy some local potatoes, but didn’t see any farmers selling near the side of the road.
>>
>>2653088

Is it just me or is Idaho "dry" compared to Montana and Wyoming? Every time I drive through there, I'm like, why is it so dry here? This place is shit.
>>
>>2653483
Idaho has a very high mormon population (second only to Utah) so things are incredibly boring. Or did you mean the weather? It's in the rain shadow of the Cascades.
>>
File: nebraska.jpg (640 KB, 2538x1149)
640 KB
640 KB JPG
Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota all top 10 eh? I'm going to go ahead and disagree strongly.
>>
>>2653472
>>2653149
>>2653291
Turns out saying "we're full" to a bunch of 13 years olds on 4chan doesn't do anything
>>
>>2653502

Oh yeah, well that would explain it. I think I'll take a pass on Idaho then, sounds like a shithole. WHy would anyone go there when Montana exists? Or even Wyoming?
>>
>>2653589
Lots of corn enthusiasts on the judge panel, I hear
>>
>>2653149
Ha, my Californian buddy is moving there this week. He makes deep into the 6 figs and works remote, he's gonna pump those prices up even higher.
>>
>>2653088
>>2653754
What are things like in South Idaho, particularly the Southeast? I've heard that a lot of hardcore Mormons end up moving to Idaho because Utah has become too liberal for them, is there any truth to this? My dad grew up in Coeur d'Alene and it feels like a whole different state, basically an extension of Eastern Warshington and Montana.
>>2653483
Lot of it's desert, remember it borders on Nevada and the Badlands of Oregon
Also the Mormon population skews them to being the most Republican state in the whole country, even with all the Californians moving in
>>
>>2653785

What happened to all the Neo-Nazis? It wasn't that long ago that Idaho was christened Nuremberg II. Have they been wiped out by the Californians?
>>
>>2653393
Drove through there from Montana when I moved to Maine. I actually kind of liked Iowa, still have that American dream sort of feel. Not much for scenery but as far as a place to live with not much riff raff it probably is a kino option.
>>2653088
Panhandle Idaho is fantastic, CdA metro is fucked in prices right now though, but it is the best part of the state. As far as nice rural areas go, anywhere north of Boise is great but underserved. One of the hottest IG spots for SLUTS to go to to take pictures is Gold Bug Hot Springs. Even after moving to Maine I still find roasties with that in their profiles. Problem with Idaho is that most actual Idahoans are fucking broke as shit retards with no idea how the rest of the country works. My old roommate lives in Sandpoint in a new build subdivision, he said ALL of the people who bought on his dead end street are Californians.

To me it's not worth living there to make a fraction of the pay to spend out the ass on Mountain Tax
>>
>>2653799
Still exist.
>old boss at a restaurant in MT goes on a drive from Seattle back to Missoula
>takes the scenic route through northern Idaho off of 90
>stops to get lunch in some dive bar
>walks in
>place goes quiet
>him and his friend walk up to bar
>bartender says nothing, just points to a sign
>"no minorities"
>he gtfos from there
>>
>>2653839
Lol wtf what race was he? How long ago?
>>
File: IMG_4645.jpg (1021 KB, 3024x3940)
1021 KB
1021 KB JPG
>>2653838
I was in Cascade Iowa on the way to Wisconsin close to 3 years ago. Their little towns certainly are cute
>>
>>2653178
imagine how nice Utah would be if it weren't infested with embarrassing cultists
>>
>>2653905
How does that look cute? It's literally 90% roads and a couple featureless brick buildings? Is asphalt your idea of beauty?
>>
>>2654184
From what I saw it looked nice. But I’m also from a soulless Texas suburb so take of that what you will. Certainly felt safer there than here
>>
>>2653838
>Problem with Idaho is that most actual Idahoans are fucking broke as shit retards with no idea how the rest of the country works.

Yeah this is the heart of the matter, like most places in the US, Idaho would be S tier if it wasn't for the ... Idahoans. The average person you meet here is actually heads and shoulders above the average person you might meet in Des Moines (and let's not even talk bring up how refreshing it is to not bump into People of Culture that often), but that's the issue, they're just average, most of Idaho's promising/ambitious youth flee to go see the rest of the world.

And the Californians moving in aren't any better. They're either boomers/almost boomers (45 y/o+) cashing in on their million $+ CA real estate and doing a heckin' early retire-eeno in a suburb of Boise/CdA, or they're someone slightly younger who couldn't hack it in CA, saw the writing on the wall, and moved out to ID. This wouldn't be half-bad if both sub-populations of Californians weren't so fucking ENTITLED about every single aspect of their lives.

The mormons are cool and legit but unfortunately upon meeting you they'll ask you two or three questions to figure out exactly where you stand in the church and then you'll find out that since you're not LDS there is always going to be a ceiling to your friendship.

t. carpetbagger who works for tHe TeCh CoMpAnY in Boise, making plans to bounce.
>>
>>2653785
I've been to South Idaho like once and it's generally the same as any other northwestern state in weather and people. It's a western state with a growing population so there's plenty to do in the cities and it's probably getting fairly liberal and expensive.

The panhandle is cool, I've been to Lewiston and Cottonwood both plenty times pretty small area my family is from, but CDA is fairly large, fun, lots to do there, and North Idaho in general is like a southern state that broke off and floated north so be ready for big trucks, cowboy boots, country music, and right-wing politics.
>>
>>2653838
>Drove through there from Montana when I moved to Maine. I actually kind of liked Iowa, still have that American dream sort of feel. Not much for scenery but as far as a place to live with not much riff raff it probably is a kino option.
>>2653905
this was my impression as well fwiw, passed through on a motorcycle trip several years ago staying off the interstate. I wouldn't travel there, and I like having mountains on the horizon too much to seriously consider living there, but otherwise it seems like a pretty solidly nice place to live.
>>
>>2654455

>Yeah this is the heart of the matter, like most places in the US, Idaho would be S tier if it wasn't for the ... Idahoans. The average person you meet here is actually heads and shoulders above the average person you might meet in Des Moines

That statement is true for all of the locals in the PNW. The average locals in this armpit of the country, are lazy as they are stupid. I'm originally from the Northeast, but I've unfortunately lived in the area for over 20 years. By NE standards I'm an underachieving slacker of average intelligence. But by PNW standards, I'm a hard worker and often considered to be one of the smartest guys in the room.
>>
>>2653088
I think if you wanna drink natural beauty as FAST as possible in the USA; driving/riding through Arkansas is pretty great. The dogwood trees and all the hills and outside of Little Rock it's very white and friendly.
I think if you wanna enjoy natural beauty and chill hard as fuck checkout Nashville *Indiana*. Cute place to operate out of. People underestimate how nice the States can be when you rent a car.
>>
>>2654674

>The panhandle is cool, I've been to Lewiston and Cottonwood both plenty times pretty small area my family is from, but CDA is fairly large, fun, lots to do there, and North Idaho in general is like a southern state that broke off and floated north so be ready for big trucks, cowboy boots, country music, and right-wing politics.

True for the entirety of the PNW. I always tell people that the PNW is like the Deep South, but without the good food or hospitality.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.