[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do MOST people in japan really wear masks MOST of the time? That's kinda lame, I like looking at people's faces
>>
>low effort polfag thread
yeah - unlike Americans; they understand basic hygiene practices and being considerate to others
Was a thing long before covid and will continue being a thing.
>>
File: 1707546026559693.png (264 KB, 474x540)
264 KB
264 KB PNG
>>
>>2653952
no. some in japan wear masks some of the time, usually when they are ill
unrelated note, i miss the counter that showed how many people were posting in a thread. what happened to that?
>>
>>2653954
>>Was a thing long before covid and will continue being a thing.
Not to the extent you're thinking:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyXEWMcryU
>>
VERY lame. Women in China have started wearing mask that cover the upper half of their face too, with only a cut out for the Eyes, so it's only getting worse.

I wish East Asians were thinkers, they have the potential to be interesting people
>>
>>2653952
Lots of asian women adopted perma-masking as a way to avoid unwanted attention from men and to maintain their privacy in public. Especially young attractive women who don't want to get made up to go out, or who are doing something they might be shamed for.
>>
>>2653993
What are your qualifications?
>>
I've seen beautiful women perma masking in Thailand, Philippines, Taiwan since covid. I dated a chick who perma-masked everywhere in public unless we were together, because she hated the attention she got, especially from ugly men.

Apparently she was dealing with men hitting on her every day, since she lived in a place near lots of transiet tourists. That stopped once she wore a mask and it was way less stress.
>>
They should all wear Burqas. Stop half assing it.
>>
>>2653954
How's the weather in Tel Aviv?
>>
>>2653954
weak bait
>>
>>2653952
>Do MOST people in japan really wear masks MOST of the time?
Yes, if you are for some reason stuck in years 2021-2022.
I hope you can escape it and join us in 2024, when that doesn't happen anymore. Before and after covid maybe like 5% people wear masks.
>>
>>2653952
its a shinobi (ninja) culture, you can see it represented in a lot of the media / art that comes out of the country. think about how popular naruto and shows like that were here and now multiply that by 100, that's Japan
>>
>>2654444
it's not bait. masks have always been a thing in Japan. hay fever is a bastard, and sick people wear masks so they don't spread germs. this is the country where blowing your nose in public is as bad as taking a shit on the kitchen floor.
>>
>>2655827
But in china spitting phlegm Into someone path as they're walking (even indoors) is considered equal to scratching your Head.

Every time I think about how different but seemingly similar these two sets of people are it blows my mind, if you were born yesterday you'd think they were the same ethnicity but it's like black and white, it's genuinely fascinating. I wish there was a book of how ethnicities developed (or didn't)
>>
>>2653993
In Vietnam it's the same thing. Shame as it's always the super hot ones wearing it however if it helps them avoid being harassed I can't blame them
>>
By now, current scientific research has demonstrated 1) masks of any kind do not do anything for coronavirus, 2) it only harms the wearer to serious degrees of severity including brain damage, 3) junk science that say masks did anything at all are being reminded at journals because they were only editor-reviewed during the meme flu scam (i.e. other researchers dont review your article, the editor just likes it and it was the (((current thing)))

The only time you would use one is for your own benefit and not anything else, such as living in a polluted city (hence why many shitholes in Asia are like this) for your own defense against particulate matter. In Japan, people do it as pretense in a sort of sick and fake "I care about something" sort of way.
>>
>>2655887
>headlines
If you think the news is in the business of telling you what is going on in the world, you haven't learned anything from the past 4 years. only what is useful to the ruling class is reported, and actual scientific facts are considered "misinformation" when it doesn't fit the narrative. If you want to keep it up more power to your, it's your brain to damage.

For comparison, even in the Japanese media the hold has broken and you can actually see TV news stories of "vaccine" victims who became seriously ill and are now suing their government for coercion into an experimental medical procedure. The same story is spun by the (((NYT))) as too difficult to determine the source of vaccine injury so it must be fake
>>
>>2653952
>That's kinda lame, I like looking at people's faces

you arent missing much, they all look the same though
>>
File: grumpy-baby.jpg (10 KB, 295x409)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>2655887
SPOON FEED MEEEE!

(TV Remote control in Hand)
>>
>>2655885
>(((current thing)))
Your opinion is invalid.

>>2655893
>(((NYT)))
Your opinion is invalid.
>>
>>2656155
How's the rocket situation in Tel Aviv?
>>
>>2653952
Japanese always wore masks when they were sick and left the home.
Their work culture basically compelled everyone to work unless they were bed ridden. So as a courtesy, you wear a mask so you don't cough on everything and everyone around you.
>>
>>2656195
Better than being at a dance party.
>>
>>2656234
>Japanese always wore masks when they were sick and left the home.
No they didn't Japanese are incredibly healthy people they have a low obesity rate
>>
>>2653954
This but unironically
>>
>>2653990
I wish amerimutts would stop being snowflakes over the dumbest fucking shit.
>>
>>2655853
Helps that they had their cultural revolution 100 years before China's.
>>
>>2655885
>2) it only harms the wearer to serious degrees of severity including brain damage
Now this is some top retarded shit
>>
Is there a new wave of covid propaganda in Asia these days? I thought these people gave up and pretended they had nothing to do with this two years ago
>>
>>2653952
I was there late October-early November of last year and not that many people wearing masks. There were still a few but I attribute it to part of their culture prior to Covid. I agree with that first reply, that they wear mask if they are sick to prevent spreading anything to others.
>>
>>2653952
i hear they're russophobic too op be careful
>>
>>2655893
>and actual scientific facts are considered "misinformation" when it doesn't fit the narrative
i bet you're a flat earther too
>>
>stopping the spread of disease? what are you, some fucking commie?
>>
>>2653952
Yup. Used to live there a few decades ago and masks were only common certain times of the year, but after covid they’re everywhere…
>>
>>2656261
>snowflakes
this insult did a number on you people so much back in 2015 you
use it a decade later. lmao
>>
File: Frustration.jpg (73 KB, 500x500)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>2656261
wish all you want, faggot

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.