[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713643377706277.png (2.03 MB, 1200x1259)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB PNG
Vagabonds, bums, penny-pinchers, hobo roleplayers, poors, et al.
Discuss tips, travels, experiences etc. on minimizing travel expenses, both domestic and abroad.
I'll start off with some stuff I've picked up on my travels

>people at hostels often leave food and drinks unattended
>very easy to take and leave if you're not coming back
>walked into a hostel in madrid at 2am and just slept on a chair
>woke up at 7am when people were in the lounge doing stuff but nobody said a word

for the US specifically I don't really have much besides the whiter the neighborhood the easier it is to shoplift (if you just take food even if you get caught nothing will happen)
>>
>>2654536
Based thread.
>reset MAC address to get past internet wifi restrictions
>learn how to pack into carry on and 1 bag properly
>buy a lunchbox, head to supermarket, and make packed lunches
>use Wikivoyage to get advice on cheap ways to airports
>in UK, travel on trains after midnight when barriers are open
>do lots of hiking. you'll want to eat and booze less.
>>
In some countries where the trains don't have gates you can usually do one of the following:
>riding the first few stops for free by pretending to be on the wrong train when the ticket inspector comes by and getting off a the next stop "to catch the right train"
>riding the last few stops for free by buying a ticket for a shorter distance and actively seeking out the ticket inspector at the beginning of the trip
>ride on sold-out trains with no ticket or a ticket for a later train and not speaking the local language or English

Never pay for a toilet in a city, head to the nearest upscale mall instead and use theirs.
Office buildings usually have a shower room in the basement somewhere, sneaking in while dressed in workout clothes and a duffel bag is easier than you think.
>>
No need to buy water at airports, bring an empty bottle and fill it up after the checkpoint.
If your flight is overbooked (i.e. the airline does not sell any more tickets for the flight) and you aren't in a rush, ask the gate agent about volunteering for a later flight: You can get cash, vouchers and even hotel stays for just waiting.
You can ask for seconds on long-distance flights with meal service, if they have leftover trays, they'll bring them to you after the main service.
>>
>>2654600
Buy duty free at airport and ask for a bag (non alcoholic so they don't seal it). Then put some of your luggage in there to max out your '''personal item'''.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.