[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Based.
>>
In all fairness what else was he supposed to do? He was a king in possession of a "traitor" at least to his and everyone else's knowledge
>>
>wants to put fags to death
/OurKing/
>>
>>198499564
Send him to the night's watch, they mention that in the next season
>>
>>198499564
His prisoner was too politically valuable to execute on a whim. Banishment to the Wall would've avoided war with the North when they already had Renly and Stannis to worry about.
>>
>>198499564
Keep him in house arrest along with his daughters, that way he can sacrifice the northern army against Stannis.
>>
>>198499662
That's not what I mean, I know he had other options but I mean as KING you can't be perceived to lose face like that, if you show mercy to enemies of the crown who plan to kill or overthrow you it's an open invitation for attack, you are seen as weak and you're living in a world full of jackals waiting for any opportunity or reason to strike
>>
>>198499511
it was brilliant. kill ned out of turn, robb chimps out and comes south of the Twins, tywin roose and frey set the wedding trap. joffrey was a genius and delivered that war on a silver platter
>>
>>198499754

Nobody actually wanted Ned to be executed, not even Littlefinger IIRC, it was a petty execution decided by a little psychopath. They later comment on how retarded he is for starting the war and I wish it was more acknowledged by everyone. Him being king was bad for everyone involved and realistically he would get assassinated sooner than he was.

>>198499814
Except Robb was actually winning his battles and he would probably push Lannisters' shit much more had he not decided to marry that foreign girl. He would not have been betrayed if he married the Frey one.
>>
>Yes, let's kill our most valuable hostage and start a giant war instead of ransoming him or sending him to the Nights Watch because the king is a retard.
Tywin would have never let that shit happen. He was way too soft on Cersei.
>>
>>198499564
show him mercy, send him home. cement an alliance with the starks, prevent a war
>>
>>198499878
Tywin would've had Ned drawn and quartered
>>
>>198499863
in the books, it's revealed that tywin and the westerling/spicers set up jeyne to seduce robb. tywin played robb like a fiddle the whole time, jaime was the only loose end and catelyn blew that lead
>>
>>198499511
Plain evil characters are boring, there's no logic to their actions, they have no depth and nobody roots for them outside of people who don't care and other psychopaths
>>
>>198499946
Nope. Tywin was furious with Cersei and Joffrey when he finally got to King's Landing. Why fight a prolonged, bloody war when you just schmooze and politic. That's Tywin's brand.
>>
>>198500224
Tywin was a cuck who died in his own shit lmao
>>
File: joffrey 27fe561053ce3ac7.jpg (103 KB, 1080x1080)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>198499511
What is it with Joffrey and heads?
>>
>>198500224
it's true he would have kept him alive givin the choice, but as soon as he figured out how to beat robb it didn't matter and tywin just played his hand perfectly and got the same result. after robb dies, ned isn't nearly as valuable
>>
>>198500091
That's why I don't care for LOTR tbqh
>>
>>198500224
He absolutely would've made an example of Ned like he did the Reynes
>>
>>198499511
>character is evil because.... he's evil
>>
>>198499511
joffrey could have been a good kid with decent parenting, but his mom is the most retarded whore in westeros and his dad kind of forgot he existed at all
>>
File: 235.png (812 KB, 1347x758)
812 KB
812 KB PNG
>>198500224
>>
>>198500417
The Reynes were a literally who pissant house. The Starks are the wardens of the North. It's laughable to compare them. And again this ignoring that Tywin calls Cersei a dumb cunt multiple times for letting her drooling incest baby go full retard.
>>
I was in the restroom taking ass-dumpies when this show came on. It seemed lame as fuck. Does it get better?
>>
>>198499511
>wants a nationalized army which is an unheard concept in the age of medieval kings
>worries about Dany to the point of sending assassins after her
He was too smart for his own good. The King Westeros needed and that old hag doomed everyone to become subject of a cripple in the end.
>>
>>198500490
>joffrey could have been a good kid with decent parenting
I always felt like he could have been more like his mom if he had a proper tywin as a dad. Still a retard but slightly more competent.
>>
File: tywin_WsAIDWdA.jpg (369 KB, 1920x1072)
369 KB
369 KB JPG
>>198500651
yes
>>
>>198500534
>show only scene
I sleep.
>>
File: lisdjf98w432jkndkuh.jpg (58 KB, 1280x713)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>198500728
>wherever sneed's go
>>
>>198499564
keep him as a hostage retard
>>
>>198499511
Ser Llyn, bring me his cock
>>
>>198500728
>>198500830
The show failed to capture what happened to Tywin's corpse after he died. Apparently, he shat himself and stunk the place so bad it reeked for weeks.
>>
>>198499754
But you are already in a very weak political position with both of your uncles likely coming for you. It's a bad time to create another front and enemy.
Sometimes you do have to lose face to not lose your head.
>>
>>198500534
he admits it was a bad idea later, especially after Jaime gets captured
>>
>>198500631
He had Robb killed rather than have him captured because his plan was always to exterminate the Starks in a very public way.

> ignoring that Tywin calls Cersei a dumb cunt multiple times for letting her drooling incest baby go full retard.
the mistake is thinking this gives any insight into Tywin's actual plan and not Tywin simply asserting himself over Cersei. We know what he does to the people that opposes him: he wipes them out, that's his mo. Not cuck shit like the Wall and ransoms.
>>
>>198500902
And the idea was that Oberyn poisoned him
>>
>>198500997
How so?
>>
>>198501052
oberyn had dinner with tywin a bunch of times before and during tyrion's trial, he poisoned him with widow's blood which is a slow acting poison that shuts down bowels, that's why he shit so much during his death
>>
>>198501120
Damn. So if Tyrion hadn't shot him with a crosswbow he would've shat himself to death?
>>
King Joffrey was unironically a good king who did nothing wrong and the kingdom, and the show, suffered greatly after he died.
>>
>>198501158
he would have not shit until he died of his toxins. tyrion killing him and making him shit is a play on how tywin assigned tyrion to make sure all the septic pipes were flowing back in casterly rock, they have the scene where he tells varys that in the show too
>>
>>198499564
>In all fairness what else was he supposed to do?
t. joffrey's ghost from the afterlife

killing ned there was quite possibly the dumbest possible course of action
>turns the entire north (1/2 of the country) against the south and makes them want to secede
>destroys political bargaining chip
>tells all the other lords that surrendering or bargains will never work so it's best to fight to the death against the crown
>>
>>198500830
>Afraid of a dead mem-*ACK*
>>
>>198501203
That poison sounds awful, even for GoT. Based Oberyn.
>>
>>198499511
I met him in Burger King and he couldn't have been any nicer.
>>
>>198499564
Send him to the wall and keep his daughter and men as hostages.
>>
>>198501340
I got on a plane with him and he said the N word to a PoC. Not exactly a nice guy from my experience.
>>
>>198501320
doran and oberyn had been plotting lannister's doom for 15 years since elia's death so it's kind of silly to not think oberyn would try to kill tywin as soon as he could. the real plot was that tywin would die and oberyn would be accused, then he could trial by combat and still fight the mountain and kill him too. the purple wedding was another shitshow that changed everyone's plans
>>
>>198500534
He was talking about Robb in this scene. Ned was already dead.
>>
>>198501199
Joffrey had one moment that shown a hint that he could have been an okay ruler under correct guidance, during the siege of King's Landing, he wanted to stay with the troops instinctively, but shitty parenting kicked in, and all it took for him to go hide was a call from Cersei. He also took interest in council meetings once, but Tywin ruined that for him. King Robert sucked as a parent too. So whatever flaws Joffrey may had, his sorroundings made it worse, and whichever good impulses he may had, his surroundings suffocated. He went over the top sometimes, it was usually due to drinking. Killing hookers was lashing out over Cersei being shiity, and making fun of midgets is normal. As to killing Ned, it was a hard call, but can Joffrey really believe any promise Ned made under torture, especially that he would have held a grudge forever over his personal troops being slain?
>>
>>198501499
No. He was talking about Ned. He was scolding Jaime for not killing him because of his "honor". Ned was very much alive.
>>
>>198501242
you say this like joffrey and tywin didn't clean sweep the war of 5 kings
>ned dead
>robb trapped and killed
>the other two retards assassinated by their own brothers
>stannie the jannie banished to the wall
>>
>>198499662
That would've been retarded. Ned would've just joined forces with Stannis. Joffrey did nothing that no other medieval king would'nt have done under the circumstances.
>>
>>198502012
>Ned would've just joined forces with Stannis
I don't believe he would
>>
>>198501989
first off joffrey did not sweep anything, the first battle he ever took part it in he went to hide behind his mother's skirts while his midget uncle had to lead the charge to save the capital lol
second, the way the lannisters won was kind of phyrric because it ensured no one would ever break bread with them properly again. when you murder your political rivals on a diplomatic non-violent event you're forever ensuring nobody in the future will ever consider your word to mean anything nor will they ever stop seeing you as enemies
>>
Why didn’t they just have him survive rather than replace him with his brother?
>>
>>198502234
they would just blame that on the Frey's though and no one liked them anyway
>>
>>198502234
>hide behind his mother's skirts
he just went back into the castle while tywin and mace cleaned up the front. was he supposed to just die there? the battle was basically won by then.
then he wisely followed tywin's command and betrothed himself to maegary, basically ending the war of 5 kings and sealing up alliance with highgarden. joffrey never made a bad play the whole war.
>>
>>198501199
>King Joffrey was unironically a good king who did nothing wrong and the kingdom

No. Everyone including Tywin wanted the little shit dead because Joffrey was retarded and unpredictable. The actor was phenomenal though so yes, it was detrimental to the show that he was removed.
>>
>>198501908
>As to killing Ned, it was a hard call, but can Joffrey really believe any promise Ned made under torture, especially that he would have held a grudge forever over his personal troops being slain?

It really wasn't, Ned already proved that he always followed honor and codes even if it would get him killed. Sending him to castle Black would've been a completely safe play. People also forget that castle Black is full of people that Ned and Robert condemend there after the war against the Targaryens. Ned would have a rough time surviving when 90% of the watch wants him dead.
>>
>>198499863
Robb already lost the second he let his emotional mother set Jamie free.
>>
>>198500091
joffrey was fucking hilarious man, i laughed every time he was on screen, just having fun with being a king
now ramsay, i agree
>>
File: F9ShwJpWAAANAfW.jpg (180 KB, 1200x675)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
Based King Joff btfo'ing HOTD fags
>>
File: 1558025455903.jpg (274 KB, 1277x1920)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>198499863
>Nobody actually wanted Ned to be executed, not even Littlefinger IIRC
No, Littlefinger was planning to kill Ned to escalate the war. Why do you think there was a Faceless Man in the Night's Watch caravan? Someone wanted him dead, someone knew he'd be there weeks in advance and the only one who benefits would be either Varys or Littlefinger. Varys was trying to keep Ned alive so it's likely that Littlefinger hired "Jaqen".
>>198500997
Oberyn poisoning Tywin is too crackpot. Tywin's corpse stunk because he was an awful person, like the opposite of an incorruptible saint.
>>
File: AEGON_III.jpg (80 KB, 500x700)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Literally me
>>
>>198500916
You mean when the Lannisters and the Starks were at full blown war and it wasn't a situation where the patriarch and oldest daughter were being held hostage in King's Landing where the Lannisters had every advantage imaginable? And again, the Reynes were a bunch of chumps. It's not that hard to wipe out a minor house if you're a Lannister or a Tyrell when you command vast wealth a large standing armies.
>>
>>198500323
I mean it would have been better to not have a war.
>>
>>198503245
>Varys was trying to keep Ned alive so it's likely that Littlefinger hired "Jaqen".
I think the idea that they both had different plans to kill Ned and LF's merely went off first is more elegant.
but this is GRRM we're talking about so he may have no fucking idea why Jaqen was in the caravan.
>>
>>198503816
The war started when Ned wrote to Stannis.
>>
>>198502012
Ned was too much of an honor faggot to do that. He would have supported Alliser against Jon.
VOW
>>
>>198503110
for me its him pointing at the camera in this shot and laughing at all the showfags who just got spoiled
>>
>>198503916
Varys not wanting the war to escalate is a bit weird when you consider that it would benefit Aegon/Dany for there to be war. He even discusses it with Illyrio.
>>
>>198499511
he wants head from a man? fucking gay
>>
>>198504039
exactly. the more sympathetic and less sympathetic schemers BOTH being evil is more subversive, which is GRRM's style. it was only D&D who thought that, being gay-coded, Varys needed be turned into a selfless servant of the realm or whatever happened there.
>>
>>198500651
It's the only tv show that I've ever actually liked. Tywin is the best character. Watch the first 4 seasons. Season 5 is shit and the series just gets dumber and shittier from there.
>>
File: 1685924053551359.jpg (305 KB, 630x565)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
In retrospect, were these guys even in the wrong?
They only wanted 4 seasons but got trapped with retarded, nonsensical GRRM dot points and a timeline.
A lot of the terrible end is actually the canon advice given to them. Why else would George be so miserable about the response? The showrunners were forced to rush to a terrible conclusion, it's no wonder that they wanted any way out they could find.

Their new show is unfiltered cancer though
>>
>>198504118
His MO is bringing Targaryen rule back, they only offset that when he decided to betray Dany for no reason
>>
File: 1707103980507166.jpg (34 KB, 498x474)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Game of thrones/Asoiaf went to shit because fatso killed off every cool character and left us with dog shit ones or randomly introduced characters. Ned's stark death was enough to show that fatso's universe was not like other fantasy worlds, where the good and noble don't always win. However, he went too far with killing Robb and Oberyn and wrote himself into a corner. Instead of more Tywin, Tyrion, both-hands Jaime, Robb, Oberyn, Jon time, we get Cersei, Sansa, Arya, Brienne, Margery, and zombie dogshit character the Mountain.

The story should have been 4/5 books, with Robb and Tywin calling a truce for book 3, then things escalating again at the end of the story. Oberyn should have killed the Mountain and conflicting erupting between Dorne and the Lannisters as a result. It would have been kino for all these conflicts built up over the series to come to a head in the final book.

The le good guy dies subverted your expectations ruined the series
>>
>>198502012
Faggot unfamiliar with the material. Ned would have sat on the wall unless his family was threatened, that was literally the only thing that ever made him forsake honor as shown with Jon and again with the false confession.
>>
>>198504313
>They only wanted 4 seasons
Well that's pretty stupid on their part isn't it
>>
>>198504313
They should've quit the show and found a replacement instead of rushing it. It was pure ego and their additions were contributing to the show's decline long before GRRM left.
>>
>>198504313
Then they should’ve passed it off to someone else.
>>
>>198504313
first of all D&D are hacks and that's clearly visible from the fact that all the good parts IN the show are direct adaptations from the novels while all the shitty parts were written for the show specifically
and then there is the fact that they were offered more episodes for the final season in order to flesh things out and they declined because they were so eager to dump GoT in order to go ahead and do Star Wars
>>
>>198504230
>1-4 Kino of the highest order
>5 Still very good but cracks starting to show
>6 Dip in the quality badly
>7-8 absolute dogshit
>>
>>198500651
You sound like a mouthbreather, probably better to give it a miss
>>
>>198504675
Season 5 has sand snakes which is arguably the low point of the show
>>
>>198504834
Yeah but it also has the Hardhome episode which is fucking awesome.
>>
>>198504882
how tf were the walkers that near the wall in season 5 but didn't cause any real problems until season 8?
>>
File: IMG_6497.jpg (39 KB, 316x316)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>198500091
I like em.
>>
>>198499564
Listen to his advisors and keep the peace. Instead he blew up the realm because, as it turns out, giving a child unchecked power is a terrible idea.
>>
File: 507.jpg (20 KB, 306x306)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>198504359
>The le good guy dies subverted your expectations ruined the series

This is why I never really bothered with this series. There's a reason why people like heroic stories the most, storytelling is not so much about realism as it is about raw appeal. Oberyn killing the Mountain would be a much more appealing outcome from the storytelling perspective, his death was a ragebait more than anything else. Who the fuck zombie Mountain appealed to? We lost a good character for the sake of a shit one that doesn't do anything anyway.

Also, shit like Jon Snow being betrayed, he has to resurrect him now or else his character is completely wasted, all of this shit's retarded
>>
>>198505114
he gets resurrected and is literally the same person. His death changes literally nothing
>>
>>198505161
Does he get resurrected in the books? If so, is it the same thing as it was in the show?
>>
>>198504925
That's a question for another time ;)
>>
>>198505114
You know if I saw this 5 years ago I would probably disagree but now I have to say you have a point.
>>
>>198503245
I look exactly like Jaqen
>>
>>198505216
He hasn't been resurrected in the books yet. But in the books, coming back from death takes a toll and definitely changes you, so he will come back but he won't be the same one way or another.
>>
>>198503916
>>198503245
I may not remember exactly but there is a mention of a ship in King's Landing shortly before Ned's death and it is tied to varys somehow. And so it's possible that Verys wanted to do with Ned what he lated did with Tyrion and send him to Danny. It would also make sense if she is the child that Ned promised to protect and why he oppose Robert so much when he wanted to send assassins after her.
When it comes to the faceless the fact that he appears in Oldtown in the 4th book and is infiltrating maesters suggest and is interested in the candles might suggest that he is trying to find bloodraven.
>>
>>198500651
>ass-dumpies
>>
>>198505161
>literally the same person

Much to the annoyance of Kit Harrington who constantly pushed for Jon to be different and more darker after his resurrection but nope, D&D wanted him to remain as Ned Stark Jr.

And as a bonus for questioning their writing decisions, D&D decided to insert height and small cock jokes into the script at Kits expense.
>>
>>198505417
It's a shame a show with such budget and overall talented cast was wasted so much, in a meritocratic world Dumb and Dumber would never get a job after something like this again
>>
>>198499564
completely fuck everyone for the next several decades with a really shitty war
>>
Did the books ever explain how Varys knows every fucking detail of everyone's business? It's been so long since I read them.
>>
>>198506205
He has a network of spies
>>
>>198506205
He pays kids to collect info being his ears, he also knows the secret passages so he can get around the keep
>>
>>198506205
He's gay coded. Gays are really smart.
>>
File: 1713795525371937.jpg (427 KB, 1618x3264)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>198504313
Yes.
>>
>>198506205
He probably knows the Red Keep's secret passages better than anyone and has children using them to eavesdrop. Outside he has a larger spy network. It's just a way for characters to get accurate information when information would otherwise be unreliable.
>>
>>198505469
Dude I’ve never seen a show waste a cast more than this one.

Before S5 when it was announced that Alexander Siddig was going to play Doran Martell I remember being so hyped. Then S5 happened… and then he gets killed immediately in S6.
>>
>>198502380
They did blame it on the Frey's and everyone immediately saw through it. Tywin's brutal strategies were effective in the short term, but they created huge problems for his family in the long run.
>>
>>198503245
There's nothing crackpot about it. Oberyn only died because he was trying so hard to get Tywin to admit the truth so he could kill him. He wanted Tywin dead any way that he could. Pycell even mentions that specific poisob was stolen from his stores but blames it on Tyrion. The stench was inhuman and also lingered for an unreasonable time. It was not natural. GRRM put all the clues there for you to figure out.
>>
>>198506828
it sucks that the show didn't really talk about how bad tywins plans were in the long term
>>
>>198506961
They removed the whole North Remembers arc as well as based fatty Manderly
>>
>>198504675
Season 5 is easily the worst. Nothing happens until Hardhome and it's got two of the worst subplots in the show - Dorne and Arya scrubbing floors. Season 6 was a big improvement, and by season 7 most of the characters are gathered, so you no longer have to deal with all the shitty subplots. Season 8 is seriously overhated.
>>
File: joff.jpg (68 KB, 1200x675)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>198499511
KWAB
>>
>>198507213
Surprised jew&jew didn't include Renly laughing his ass off and escorting himself out
>>
>>198504039
>>198504326
Varys wanted peace because Aegon and the golden company werent ready to invade. The show version of Varys makes no sense because they cut aegon from the show, they honestly expect us to believe he worked for targaryen restoration when he allowed Dany to be sold to Aquaman (which makes no sense, as she couldve been married to a great family like the tyrell's or hell even the greyjoys.) Varys never intended to help Dany
>>
>>198499928
>AKA My favourite British PM was Chamberlain
>>
>>198499969
none of this is true. You have schizophrenic delusions
>>
>>198503245
tywin was 100% poisoned, retard
>>
>>198500651
did yer mummy wipe yer ass, too, fagot?
>>
File: 1697186753031047.png (444 KB, 1312x1464)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
>>198506961
>>198507081
Removing it was the biggest crime of the show.
>>
File: 1467571350660.jpg (76 KB, 347x510)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
They had to kill him or Ned would've told everyone the fucking obvious
>>
File: 1713762032373975.jpg (592 KB, 1788x798)
592 KB
592 KB JPG
>>
>>198499754
>That's not what I mean, I know he had other options but I mean as KING you can't be perceived to lose face like that
He could of taken Bloomfield, and the paving union
>>
>>198503965
kek
>>
>>198504675
Season 5 was absolute ass, dude. Season 6 was the only decent season of that show after season 4. Everything else was absolute garbage.
>>
>>198499928
I unironically believe that, had the little shit show ned mercy, ned would had been bounded to obey him due his honorfagotrism.
But again, Ned is the only character in the entire franchise that would do this.
>>
>>198501989
>baby throws up
>parents clean it up
>"SEE FAGGOT, IT WASN'T WRONG THAT THE BABY THROW UP, IT WAS CLEANED UP SO EVERYTHING WAS GOOD
>>
>>198501952
Well, we can argue that Ned dying on a fight he started by refusing to be arrested by the royal guard is better than an execution
>>
What was the exact moment the show went to shit?
>>
>>198512063
First major retarded red flag was Jon snow going back to crasters keep to kill the mutineers while mance's army was approaching
>>
File: 124yt95i58lz.jpg (29 KB, 480x445)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>198512063
Robb Starks nurse wife comes to mind. Making Robb a major main character was also a strange decision considering he isn't even a POV character in the books
>>
>>198502181
the whole reason he got captured was because he was loyal to stannis and littlefinger pretended to be too
>>
>>198512521
The first red flag was cutting most of Dany's Undying visions
>exact moment
When Jaime didn't tell Tyrion about Tysha.
>tyrion doesn't become a bitter imp
>delays jaime's turn against cersei
>>
>>198505114
Faggots who haven't read the books need to stop commenting on the series. They miss the point every time.
>>
>>198503245
Martin said he didn't put much thought on why Jaqen was in jail.
How the fuck Baelish could have hired a Faceless Men?
Why would he hired an expensive hitman when Joffrey listen to him?
>>
>>198506205
Spy network + secret tunnels like others have been saying. He probably also is tapping Illyrio as a resource, since he probably has his own spy network throughout Essos. Explains how Illyrio would know about Dany or the death of Khal Drogo before anyone else.
>>
>>198512653
This meme is a good summary of the books, but there's additional context that gets left out. When Robb takes his injury, its right after the Sack of Winterfell when Theon fakes the deaths of Bran and Rickon, so in addition to being drugged and injured, Robb is also under extreme emotional distress at the death of his brother's, and would be vulnerable to Jeyne's affections. That's not even getting into the conspiracy theories that Jayne's grandmother was using love potions on Robb, either to gain a king as a grandson in law, or to win Tywin's favor by sabotaging Robb's alliances (Tyrion notes that it's strange that his father doesn't exact any retribution on the Westerlings, despite their betrayal of the Lannisters by marrying Robb).
>>
>>198509349
>no consequence for the red wedding in the north
>no consequence for blowing the sept in the south
D&d, uh, kinda forgot about good story writing
>>
>>198512758
>Danys undying images
She had an aneurysm, I don't like her story but I cut her storyline some slack since she still went through with the role

>When Jaime didn't tell Tyrion about Tysha.
Big time, but that was after my example. D&d were afraid of showing Tyrion turn into a spiteful villain which would've punctuated his trial speech
>>
>>198513799
>but that was after my example
Excuse me >>198512758 was for >>198512063
>>
File: You_Make_Baby_Cry.gif (366 KB, 384x288)
366 KB
366 KB GIF
The books are never getting finished, are they?
>>
File: 1557111108261.jpg (4 KB, 250x174)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>198515710
George started asoiaf too late, this is the best you're getting
>>
>>198499754
t. Littlefinger
>>
Who handled the bastard issue better, Ned or Vaemond?
>>
>>198513667
D&D also forgot the High Septon's condemnation of Joffrey executing Ned in a holy place
>>
>>198516620
>peasants are practically in rebellion with the high sparrow
>cersei blows up great sept, the queen and high sparrow
>"hail queen cersei :D"
>>
>>198503245
>Tywin's corpse stunk because he was an awful person
Yes that's the thematic reason. Ned died because his ways didn't serve him well in the short term as a thematic level, but on a literal level he died because Joffrey is a little shit who felt like it.
>>198513243
>How the fuck Baelish could have hired a Faceless Men?
When they're discussing options to kill Daenerys his only objection to using them is that they're really expensive
>Why would he hired an expensive hitman when Joffrey listen to him?
He's already stupidly rich from various insider trading and embezzlement schemes
>>
>>198499662
yor a bastid...
>>
>>198499564
>what else was he supposed to do
Fuck his hot mom
>>
>>198509349
Or removing Griff & Young Griff plotline. That plotline alone affects so many characters arcs.
>>
its weird how people try to say GoT is forgotten because the ending but there are on average 2-4 GoT threads a week here

really makes one ponder
>>
>>198519377
Weirdos remember
>>
>>198504675
1 was good, 2 and 3 were acceptable, show is unwatchable beyond that
>>
File: fookinlegend.jpg (8 KB, 184x184)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>198512653
I started reading books only after S3, so I didn't know at first there was something wrong with her. But when I read them and realized Robb's wife in books is completely different character than in show who doesn't die at the red wedding because she is not there and might or might not be pregnant with Robb's child, I couldn't help but wonder why the fuck did they change that.

Craster's Keep was first red flag I noticed after reading the books.
>>
>>198519625
What was the point of the Craster's Keep subplot? Was it just to have a mid boss or was it because they cut Bran's eating habits?
>>
>>198512063
Right here
>>
>>198512063
There were red flags before this but the point of no return for me was the entire Dorne plot in season 5. Everything about it was just awful but killing off Doran because of bad poosy girl power for no reason was the height of absurdity.
>>
>>198519873
What are you on about, these scenes were great
Unless you
>>
>>198519873
>What are you on about, these scenes were great
>Unless you
>>
>>198520156
Are u dumb?
Tywin is completely out of character, he is not man who bothers with low people, they are just number on the ledgser for him.
Arya is sequence skipping her character levelling.
Entire retoconing of Boltons controlling the castle removes subtlety of Starks-Boltons relationship. (Arya reaches her allies saved! but not really).
>>
>>198502012
Ned would have gone to the wall, but when Joffrey got poisoned the issue would come up again and Stannis would bring Ned back from the wall
>>
>>198506205
he ran the medieval KGB
>>
>>198500651
Season 1-4 was the last great tv series of the cable era. Wouldn't recommend watching past that.
>>
>>198520537
Ned would've turned Stannis down like Jon did. Even in situation where Bran and Rickon are presumed dead and Robb is dead, I don't see Ned breaking his Night's Watch vows
>>
>>198499511
>Ill, in pain
Is this the dumbest fucking name for a character ever? The audacity of Fatfuck Taxpolicy
>>
>>198499511
I don't understand how or why Joffery sent the assassin to kill Bran. It just doesn't make sense no matter how I look at it
>>
>>198501120
>letting a guy you took everything from get so close he poisons you
Was Tywin retarded or did Fatass shat the bed?
>>
File: 1665853665344296.jpg (77 KB, 736x515)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>198520789
It is explained Joffrey sent the assassin to kill Bran, after he heard drunken Bobby B saying it would be kinder to put the kid out of his misery. He did it to get his "father's" approval, something he desperately craved for.
>>
>>198520789
Well one, he's a psychopath. He also thought it would impress his father (Tyrion or littlefinger says this though, so I dunno)
>>
>>198501199
>le ebin contrarian take
>>
>>198506292
>yet another full blown edgelord but this one has magic
>>
>>198521158
edgelords are fun
>>
>>198519279
There's also Quentyn Martell, who's death at the hand of one of Daenerys Targaryen's dragons would push the Martells to side with Young Griff against Daenerys.
>>
>>198521354
Don't let Preston see this post
>>
File: 1664256935248.gif (1.1 MB, 500x599)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB GIF
>>198521354
>Quentyn
>dead
>>
>>198521635
He died 3 days after getting burnt alive by Rhaegal. Sets up Dorne siding with Young Griff instead of Daenerys. Am I missing a joke?
>>
>>198520467
>Tywin is completely out of character, he is not man who bothers with low people, they are just number on the ledgser for him.
He knows from the get-go that she's a noble by her speech and mannerisms, he's humoured by her pretending to be a peasant.
>>
>>198521685
There are some fans who unironically think Quentyn survived his injuries and is secretly recovering.
>>
File: 1704920535043358.jpg (23 KB, 300x337)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>198499511
>BUT THEY HAVE THE SOFT HEARTS OF WOMEN
how did he get away with it?
>>
>>198499511
Based on what?
>>
>>198499511
I want to have sex with Joffrey. And Tommen. At the same time.
>>
>>198499511
Rewatching this series and that Season 1 was by far the best. Also the decline actually started before Season 5/6. The amount of dumb shit intruding jumped alarmingly in Season 4.

Gods, I miss the old /got/ threads. Sad to think there'll never be a tv phenomena like Game of Thrones in its prime ever again.
>>
>>198504313
>The showrunners were forced to rush to a terrible conclusion
No it isn't, HBO and GRRM wanted more seasons but these faggots wanted to do Star Wars
>>
>>198521158
He's the antichrist
>>
File: 1682659338406637.jpg (250 KB, 870x578)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>Rewatching this series and that Season 1 was by far the best. Also the decline actually started before Season 5/6. The amount of dumb shit intruding jumped alarmingly in Season 4.

>Gods, I miss the old /got/ threads. Sad to think there'll never be a tv phenomena like Game of Thrones in its prime ever again.
>>
>>198499511
got was reddit before reddit
>>
>>198499511
sex with cersei
>>
>>198524792
wat
>>
>>198525967
it's true
>>
Any characters that were better portrayed in the show than in the books?
>>
>>198503429
He just wanted to play videogames
>>
File: download.jpg (51 KB, 499x499)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>198499511
They say Stannis never smiles.I'll give him a red smile...from ear to ear.
>>
>>198527961
That's nice of him
>>
>>198499946
Tywin wasnt a retard, he would absolutely keep ned alive and try to negotiate alliance at the same time.
>>
>>198499511
Joffrey was just a walmart version of Maegor.
>>198505417
Kit's Jon sucked long before he died.
>>
>>198499564
T. Littlefinger
>>
File: tierlist.png (1.54 MB, 1140x737)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
new tier list just dropped
>>
>>198504313
>They only wanted 4 seasons but got trapped
Why didn't they pass the show to someone else?
>>
>>198528959
Ego
>>
>>198512063
I felt something was very wrong when they dropped Ramsay marrying fake arya and instead married him to Sansa who at this point is wanted for kingslaying.
>>
>>198528959
Same reason people lie about their skillsets on their resume. I'd rather be employed and unqualified then qualified and unemployed.
>>
>>198528588
is this based at the performance or the role they play?
>>
File: c.png (100 KB, 635x460)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
>>
>>198499564
Killing Ned was right. He should have just married Sansa to Tommen, instead of Tirion. That way if the Tyrells wanted him dead, they couldn't have married Margeary off to the next king in line, and he'd have secured his reign.
>>
>>198499511
I hate images like this that take a completely forgettable bargain bin line of dialogue and treat it like it's a life changing quote.
>>
File: 1696391301119975.jpg (171 KB, 1024x1024)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>David and Dan really insisted on seeing the baby's penis
https://youtu.be/GDKwkuA-59M
5:03
>>
>>198499700
The Wall sounds too risky of a deal. It's true that they get stripped of their position but he would be still sending to a place more accessible to the Starks than the Crown itself. Keeping Ned alive would likely bring the rest of the Starks clan to Stannis' side.
>>
>>198529741
aka tumblr pics
>>
>>198512653
>large ass
it wasn't large
>>
>>198530059
it was huge
>>
>>198519377
Only remembered for how shit it turned into.
>>
>>198504313
They clearly were untalented nepobabies but I do have to say that finishing the story wasn’t on them. I think it was implicitly understood that GRRM would at least complete the next book for the them to adapt
All in all the show probably shouldn’t have happened until the story was completed
>>
>>198508120
What was Varys actually waiting for? Did he really have some convoluted strategy to have Aegon rescue Daenerys from the Dothraki or what
None of Varys or Illyrio’s plans make any sense
>>
>>198530015
Don't talk to me or my dragon ever again!
>>
>>198530015
YASSSSSS
>>
File: jonsnow.gif (3.17 MB, 540x304)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB GIF
what is this rubble made of?
>>
>>198532187
Plot Armor anon

Stronger than Valyrian Steel or the Wall it self.
>>
>>198532187
I dunno, but Harren Hoare should've built his castle from that
>>
>>198499511
>show cersei is le sympathetic mother who dislikes joffrey's sadism
>book cersei is a psycho boymom who abuses tommen because he's not like joffrey
>>
>>198532187
Jon Snow's will is stronger than dragon fire.
>>
>>198503245
There's reason to believe that Illyrio hired Jaqen to kill Bloodraven with all of the Blackfyre gold Arya found at the House of Black and White, but it begs the question of how the fuck do they know Bloodraven's still alive?
>>
File: Cersei.png (1.66 MB, 1920x1080)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
>>198534038
Book versions are always better
>>
>>198521685
>Am I missing a joke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF7dbXuGTJY
>>
>>198534038
Both are shit. GoT has no good female characters.
>>
File: Barbrey Dustin.jpg (48 KB, 600x844)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>198535252
Shut the FUCK up you dirty Grey Rat.
>>
>>198532636
>>198532187
>>198532738

look, that little bitch of a half dead dragon wasnt anywhere close to the size of balerion and its weak flame is like your weak jizz
>>
>>198534038
>Cersei has an affair with a woman (who is totally taking advantage of her) because "it's what Robert would do"

what in the everliving fuck did George mean by this one?
>>
>>198521354
>>198521685

its not like dany had him burned. the retard went into a dragons lair and got himself torched
>>
>>198532187
>can destroy the wall
>can’t destroy small rubble

lol. The writers just did not give a fuck anymore did they?
>>
>>198502363
Margery's grandmother rightfully saw Joffrey as a monster and knew damn well that once married, he'd make Margery's life a living hell and abuse her/beat her/hurt her every way he can and break her mentally. Tommen was more controllable, which is why Cersei went insane and unleashed the Faith Militant upon Kings Landing and why her tricking Tommen into thinking they'd kill Margery if he tried to rescue her, backfired as the head of the FM then got into Tommen's head to control him instead.
>>
>>198503110
>tfw only half a season of margaery manipulating joffrey kino
>>
>>198532187
A good question, for another time.
>>
>>198535652
Honestly I think the show did a good job dealing with an adolescent Tommen as opposed to book Tommen being 8 right now.
>>
>>198504675
It's
>1 > 2 = 3 >> 4 >>>>> 6 > 5 > 7 >>> 8
>>
File: sdg.png (679 KB, 711x448)
679 KB
679 KB PNG
>>198535397
>look, that little bitch of a half dead dragon wasnt anywhere close to the size of balerion and its weak flame is like your weak jizz
>>
>>198535450
Season 8 is an exercise in not giving a fuck.
>>
"This was the best day of my life"
*wipes dick on the drapery*
>>
>>198502801

The real sticking point for sending Ned to the Night's Watch would be, then what do you do about Arya and Sansa? Especially since Arya was MIA?

The retainers/guards, you could chalk up to being "acceptable casualties" in so far as they knew their lives were expendable. But Sansa and Arya are (to use a mob term) made men; nobility and daughters as well. And even though they had Sansa under lock and key, Arya escaped.

So long as Arya was presumed dead and Sansa a hostage, Cat and Robb would never abide by Ned demanding they take the L. Ned would no longer be head of the family if he took the black and Robb would not be bound to abide by his orders to abandon Sansa to a life as a hostage and not avenge Arya (which would further alienate Ned from John too given how close he was to Arya).
>>
>>198505004
If GoT was actually mor elite reality there would have been a Regency council set up immediately to rule in his stead.
>>
>>198535980
Jory still finds Arya and takes her with him though, that isn't predicated on Ned's death. The question is whether or not the Mountain's Men are still there to interrupt them on their way to the North or not.

I think if Ned agreed to the Wall, and Tywin would still push the trading of Jaime for Sansa.
>>
>>198513180
The books aren't that great either.
Gurm just used to write for tv and knew a lot of producers he could endlessly pitch to.
>>
>>198535923
the wall is 80% ice
>>
>>198536210
ice is just hardened water anyway
>>
>>198536246
rock is just hardened magma
>>
>>198536079
They actually address that: Robert wanted there to be a regent (Ned) to rule until Joffrey came to age, which was Littlefinger's Plan A. When it became apparent that Ned was going to put Stannis on the throne no matter what, Littlefinger and Cersei went with Plan B: make Joffrey king in spite of his age (which is IIRC 13 in the book but around 17-19 in the TV show).
>>
>>198517378
>He's already stupidly rich from various insider trading and embezzlement schemes
And he would spent all his money for that? Influencing Joffrey to execute Eddard cost nothing.
>[Did Littlefinger influence Joffrey to try and kill Bran?]
>Well, Littlefinger did have a certain hidden influence over Joff... but he was not at Winterfell, and that needs to be remembered.
>https://www.westeros.org/citadel/ssm/entry/2997
>>
>>198532183
that's a terrible quote omg
>>
>>198537489
>Hard at work at Quote Images Inc
>Chaos is a ladder monologue
>"Some are given a chance but they refuse."
>My work here is done

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.