[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jerry.jpg (174 KB, 1200x1499)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/jerry-seinfeld-movie-business-over-disorientation-1235978006/

>Asked to elaborate on a more serious note, Seinfeld continued: “Film doesn’t occupy the pinnacle in the social, cultural hierarchy that it did for most of our lives. When a movie came out, if it was good, we all went to see it. We all discussed it. We quoted lines and scenes we liked. Now we’re walking through a fire hose of water, just trying to see.”

>So what, if anything, has replaced film? “Depression? Malaise? I would say confusion. Disorientation replaced the movie business,” he answered. “Everyone I know in show business, every day, is going, ‘What’s going on? How do you do this? What are we supposed to do now?'”

Is Jerry right here?
>>
most based man alive tbqh
>>
File: dee.jpg (46 KB, 468x895)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>Now we’re walking through a fire hose of water, just trying to see
what?
>>
Yes, he knows the jewish demoralization into goy population went too far and they don't know how to backpedal without making their golems mad as they are doing with Israel bombing Gaza.
>>
>>198509985
He’s saying that blockbusters and media in general come so fast and are marketed so hard that it all just becomes an indistinguishable wave of noise. Nothing has the room to be a cultural moment.
>>
>>198510037
Do Jews want goy to live with clarity & purpose? Confusion is necessary to break them down until they beg for micromanaging directives from helicopter "ruling class".
>>
>>198510077
Yeah and it's an old man yelling at clouds moment. Movies will not have the same cultural impact they had during his lifetime the same way his generation had no culturally significant radio shows
>>
He does make a good point about the deal with peanuts.
>>
>>198509827
I've been saying for years that Hollywood is dying. The last Oscars seemed like a desperate plea for a return to normality, with most of the awards being a celebration of Barbie and Oppenheimer because those films made a lot of money. But a few "Event" films making a lot is not a sign of a heathy Hollywood, but a dying one.

>>198509985
>>198510077
Too much of everything. He's also including social media, and streaming as well. It's all just this big noise of everything. Nothing stands out, and criticlaly there's no shared culture around media anymore. Everyone has their own media
>>
>>198510232
They need golems to control the goy cattle, and that was supposed to be the left. Now the left is angry at the jews because of Gaza. The demoralized right don't want nothing from jews anymore and the left is agry at jews, they have both sides against their interest now. China and Iran are winning the game and they know it.
>>
>>198509985
There's such an overwhelming amount of content coming out at all times to win over subscribers to streaming shit, or just people making YouTube content, that people don't really pause to enjoy anything. I'd argue that more platforms for creators is a better thing, but it does dilute everything.
>>
>>198509827
great quote
>>
>>198510505
Hollywood simply cannot attract the Zoomer generation. They've already been replaced by Tiktok, Twitch and Youtube. The whole celebrity culture shit that dominated the U.S for decades is coming to an end simply because they can't produce as many celebrities as they used to.
Notice they're heavily relying on Gen X stars to prop things up (Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Brad Pitt)
>>
>>198509949
Too bad he's never been funny.
>>
>>198510621
A little bit of this is the streaming Wars which seems to be coming to an end. D+, Paramount Plus, Peacock, etc are total failures and the ones who came before like Netflix seem to have weathered the storm.

Disney end up losing billions at the box office and D+ when they could have MADE billions in deals with Netflix.

With the end of the streaming wars, there's going to be less content and we'll likely return to some kind of more sane pacing of new media.
>>
I predicted celebrities wouldn't be worshipped like they were in the 90's, the more they were exposed in social-media the bigger retards they appeared, the allure was all gone Jerry, the winkle.
>>
>>198510702
>Hollywood simply cannot attract the Zoomer generation.

Wait, you mean adding more women, queers, and shitskins to film and TV isn't working?
>>
all my niggas out here on the block finna went and sawed that muhfukkin dune my nigga, so what the fuck it is nigga, we finna engage culturally or not my nigga
>>
>>198510895
not for anyone born before 1985
late millenials and zoomers love all of that, they just watch them on social media
>>
>>198509827
maybe people would care more about movies if they weren't all dogshit
>>
>>198509827
He’s 100% right.
>>
Mao said capitalism can't produce quality, only quantity, but quantity got an advantage above quality.
I think the problem with Hollywood is a version of this quote.
Studios are investing millions of dollars and spending months producing something, but are competing against teenagers making Tiktoks with cellphones using filters and youtubers/twitch streamers with their 4-hour long videos of just talking.
Recently I was reading an interview of a famous businessman from my country and he explained why he bought a publishing house years ago. According to him, the book business isn't big, but permanent and profitable enough if don't go around doing crazy shit.
I think Hollywood will soon understand there is always a place for movies and shows, but this model with every studio betting on two or four $150 million budget movies every year isn't sustainable.
>>
>>198510974
Dune only made 600 Million, not nearly enough for Hollywood's wants and needs
>>
>>198509827
he's right but what he's saying is common knowledge
>>
>>198509985
He is out of touch and doesnt realize most people are consooming youtube and tiktok rather than the shit hollywood is churning out
>>
It’s just crazy to me that there can be so much content coming out and NONE of it is good.
They even fall short of mediocre. What the fuck is happening?
>>
>>198511427
China is the definition of low quality garbage.
>>
File: 1712437487199390.webm (1.95 MB, 570x496)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB WEBM
>>198509827
It's not a question whether he is right or wrong.

It is question of whether everyone on the planet is intimately aware of his opinion on it and if they're not, to inform them of his brilliance
>>
>>198510573
That's because there's a very specific type in those top positions and they've been there for more than 100 years, who still entertains various delusions of their play societies requiring order, decency, or ethics to function
>>
>>198511520
It's like the segment in Ballad of Buster Scruggs where the businessman decides to kill off the talented artist instead of carrying him around everywhere, because he thinks he can make more money with mass-appeal cheap trash
A metaphor for Hollywood
>>
>>198509827
Well Jerry, shitposting on here, making fun of you mentally ill kikes, and getting a white family started replaced film for me personally
>>
>>198511556
That is the whole basis of the argument. Producing cheap shit and fast as fuck will beat quality.
>>
File: 16037967719169.jpg (25 KB, 660x365)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Let's go for the zoomer marke-ACK
>>
>>198511427
>Mao said capitalism can't produce quality, only quantity, but quantity got an advantage above quality.
He said while cannibalizing his own country to produce endless amounts of worthless pig iron
>>
>>198510433
Stern, Limbaugh, Opie and Anthony

Fuckin retard
>>
100% Correct.
Just look at the dumpster fire that is the oscars. I bet you most people don't even know the name of the movies that won best picture.

People have replaced movies with CONTENT.
>>
>>198510433
>it's an old man yelling at clouds moment
If that's genuinely how you choose to interpret his point then you're a serious lost cause.
>>
>>198510505
>zoomers are media le illiterate
GB2R
>>
>>198511427
But thats not really true for all industries.
There is a market for everything both low and high quality products, automobiles, constructions, phones...

There is no fucking way that people can buy a good car or a smartphone for the right price but you can't do the same for a good movie. There are things distorting the free market right now...
>>
Anime took over the west. That was the real culture war and we lost. No teen or young adult is gonna pay to go see Unfrosted, but they'd pay to watch their favourite shounen broadcast in a cinema hall.
>>
>>198514507
Sure for now while it’s trendy. Alphies and the generation behind them will be into different stuff. Maybe it’s niche international content that hasn’t been mined yet, maybe it’s still user generated content, AI slop, or maybe it’s something else like a return to traditional Hollywood musicals to be different — but what is clear is the theatrical film business is never coming back. 2 years from now there will be half the amount of theaters that currently exist. At best
>>
>>198509827
>“Audiences are now flocking to stand-up because it’s something you can’t fake,” he added.
what kind of cope is this? I'm sure his shows are doing fine, but didn't standup comedy die in like the mid-2000's? who are these hot new standup comedians?
>>
>>198509827
>So what, if anything, has replaced film?
Identity politics.
>>
>>198509827
Based
>>
You’ll be able to make movies in your head using an apparatus that uses AI to augment and record your own imagination. I’m gonna make Newman the Penguin and Jerry the Batman lol.
“Hello… Penguin”
(audience laughs)
“Hello… Batman”
(audience laughs)
>>
>>198509827
>“Everyone I know in show business, every day, is going, ‘What’s going on? How do you do this? What are we supposed to do now?'”
Maybe you shouldn't have replaced white people. Enjoy your midwit population of browns who can't tell the difference between a phillips head and a flat head.
>>
>>198509827
Weird because Seinfeld's standups are all literal garbage
>>
>>198509827
This, coming from a man who's never done anything worth watching

He's not wrong tho
>>
Media feels timeless now because it's all consumed in the same platforms. A new movie or album is in direct competition with literally everything that came before it to get your attention in a way that wasn't the same in the past
>>
>>198509827
How are the breads and circuses getting so bad? They should be better than ever due to the fucking awful state of the world yet they can't even serve as a distraction anymore.
Everything is just shit.
>>
>>198509827
Just spoke with a friend in Hollywood.
Very successful.

Says the place is a mess: white directors, actors, writers, etc can't get work.
Their own agencies don't give a fuck and don't even try to help.

Black peer told him:
>"It's our turn now!"

Isn't it supposed to be everyone's turn?
Isn't that what equality is?

People are expecting a "quality crisis" aka competency crisis: shows will get made, cost money, be bad, not make money ---the question is:
can Hollywood survive without whites?
>>
>>198512972
I don't, and I have watched 120+ movies so far this year.
>>
>>198515724
Best ones so far?
>>
>>198515491
Good point, there's really no reason to watch anything new.
>>
he's pretty much right. in the 1980s, about 100 movies came out in u.s theaters. in 2016, it was like 750 films. its just so much more likely that 2 people in the 1980's both saw the same movie and can talk about it, and if they watched 2 movies per week, they would be able to talk about ALL the movies that came out that year. today, youd have to watch 2 movies per day just to have a chance of always having seen a movie someone else has
>>
>>198515507
Competency crisis.
>>
File: Vidya vs Hollywood.jpg (123 KB, 1198x1198)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
Vidya and social media reign supreme now.
>>
>>198515817
You're forgetting that maybe 10% of those 750 are actually worth seeing
>>
>>198515900
and? same shit in the 1980s. I just looked at the box office and theres like, 5-8 movies on there id say is worth watching, so 5-8% of them. 10% of 750 implies there would be 75 good movies coming out this year.
>>
>>198515781
>>
>>198509827
What is Jerry's funniest joke?
>>
>>198515997
You just acted like 1980s man was going to the cinemas twice a week to "keep up with" movies yet 2016 man can't even manage 75 a year?
>>
Good. Good, good, good, good, good. I hope everyone in Hollywood dies. I hope Hollywood dies. I hope everyone who makes movies dies. I hope everyone on this board dies painlessly. But mostly, I hope I die - tonight. Fuck this.
>>
Always hated Seinfeld.
>>
>>198515662
>friend in hollywood
>very successful
Fuck off kike
>>
>>198516113
>what's the deal with X
Guy would be nothing without Larry
>>
>>198510895
It's not hurting either. Everyone alive in the West today has been trained to adore those things to some degree, and the training gets better and better as time goes on. Go woke go broke is nonsense, woke is our society now. Waiting and hoping for the next nigger filled shitshow to fail is the wrong way to fight it.
>>
File: its over cobson.png (66 KB, 775x1068)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
It really is fucking over isn't it? The end of an era...
>>
File: 1689915220168124.jpg (15 KB, 550x502)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
And to think I wanted to become a filmmaker...
>>
>>198515997
>same shit in the 1980s.
Surely you don't really believe that? I can think of more great, timeless films released in any year of the 1980s than in the entire last decade (and that's being generous)
>>198516113
>what's the deal with black people?
oh wait...
>>
It's the same with music, back in the day you couldn't escape seeing or hearing Britney or MJ without having to escape from society as well. Taylor Swift is the closest thing to that but it's a USA/Anglosphere thing, not a worldwide phenomena. Zoomers can go all their lives hearing the same songs from completely obscure artists and never venture out of a genre, music is now almost a niche thing.

With movies there's a huge barrier of entry into the business, so the industry can't become atomized like that, instead they have to try to cater to everyone, thereby catering to no one, or worse, to themselves. They ran out of (good) original ideas so they rely on adapting IPs from other mediums and making sequels, in doing so they almost killed the movie star.

To be fair the industry faces severe competition from other media like video games, I mean, look at 4chan, /tv/ pales in comparison to the video game boards. Their industry has a significantly lower barriers of entry making it more competitive and decentralized around the world, however, much like music, it panders to several niches.
>>
>>198516121
going twice a week means seeing 104 movies. ergo...every single movie that came out that year in us cinemas. that would cost just a little over a thousand bucks, inflation accounted for. to see "all the movies" today would be about 8 thousand dollars. and youd have to go twice per day.

im not sure how to make the comparison more clear. one is "all the movies", and 75 would be "10% of the movies".
>>
>>198516459
>10% of 750 implies there would be 75 good movies coming out this year.
what do you think the "implies" part means. it means i dont think that theres 75 good movies coming out this year, im saying that his hilariously high guess was more applicable to the 1980s.
>>
>>198516113
Dating a 17 year old with huge tits and making George seethe in jealousy.
>>
>>198509827
Yes.
>>
>>198509827
The internet (especially having it in your palm) has made movies obsolete.
>>
I feel like the slop movie he made invalidates his point.
>>
>>198515021
Stand up is definitely dead.
>>
>>198509827
>jewish man talks about how his jewish friends ask him how to deal with how their greed has killed their industry. by letting venture capital gain a bigger foothold
kek
>>
It's more about how Hollywood and the Entertainment industry no longer control the distribution of entertainment because of the internet. Now people have a choice in what they want to spend their time watching. Some Japanese anime can explode and become one of the biggest shows in the world, some independent youtubers can create videos that 10s of millions of people watch, people can waste hours scrolling through short form videos, or even just decide to play some video game online. The idea that people have to wait around for Hollywood to release a movie so viewers can then get a new cultural touchstone is dead.
>>
>>198516113
him telling everyone to stop laughing at Kramer trying to apologize on letterman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwBoVZh1ruQ
>>
>>198516113
>I think the thing I admire most about the Chinese is that they're hanging in there with the chopsticks. Because if you think about it, you know, they've seen the fork by now. I'm sure they've seen the spoon. They're going, "Yeah, they're okay. We're gonna stay with the sticks.". I mean, I don't know how they missed it. Thousands of years ago, Chinese farmer gets up has his breakfast with the chopsticks goes out and works all day in the field with a shovel. Hello? Shovel? Not going out there plowing 40 acres with a couple of pool cues.
>>
>>198509827
He's coming from the perspective of just releasing a movie in current year, no one heard about because the talk shows he went on no one watched, and no one cares about a fun middle of the road bs romp, a movie about pop tarts. He thought we were still in 1999 and he was wrong, and now learnt his lesson.
>>
>>198517363
This is moderately funny to read, but Seinfeld's delivery would kill it.
>>
File: Elon.jpg (79 KB, 824x811)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I'd rather watch a black guy react to a rugby highlights video, or dogs and baby videos or people walking around a town in my country videos than watch the latest movie because I know that'll be woke garbage.
>>
>>198516256
nope.
sorry fella
>>
>>
>>198509827
he should have adapted The Chunnel
>>
>>198509985
There's a massive oversupply of film/tv/streaming that quality is going down and nothing can actually be a masterpiece anymore. People have to settle for merely "good" or a "decent sequel". The fire hose is a clunky metaphor, but he's trying to say you have to wade through a lot of slop to find anything interesting.
>>
>>198517875
Yea same here. I always tell myself I'll get on Amazon or Hbomax and watch some movie or show after work but 90% of the time I just end up on YT watching some dude cooking weird hamburgers or some guy touring mansions or idk a bunch of videos explaining rap beefs.
>>
>>198510702
I think people really don't appreciate how much breadth the youtube shit really has too. Like I thought I picked up a general knowledge of youtube ecelebs via osmosis and then while searching for something with youtube's god awful search I'll come across some random guy I've never even heard of who gets millions of views per video. I can't even guess how many of people like that are around and my "demographic" or whatever will just never really intersect with them, but clearly there are a lot of people who do. This kind of fragmentation or isolation of "communities" is interesting to think about.
>>
>>198509827
>“Audiences are now flocking to stand-up because it’s something you can’t fake,” he added. “It’s like platform diving. You could say you’re a platform diver, but in two seconds we can see if you are or you aren’t. That’s what people like about stand-up. They can trust it. Everything else is fake.”
>>
>>198510974
The only movie in like 10+ years that I've heard people IRL actually talking about how they saw it and you HAVE to go see it is Top Gun 2.
>>
>>198515507
The current political fad among the elites dictated that "everything is political" which means that even the breads and circuses have to fall in line.
>>
>>198509827
the only based jew
>>
File: writers.jpg (341 KB, 928x1279)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
>>198510895
>>198516319
Forced diversity doesn't actually work. It was propped up for years with infinite institutional funding thanks to very low interest rates. Interest rates are no longer historically low and companies are now trimming fat. That means much less funding to prop up ideologically-driven, unprofitable garbage.
>>
>jewish brainwashing is becoming obsolete

based zoomers
>>
>>198519076
You mean Adam Sandler?
>>
>>198509827
Nah nigga it's the ESG shit and everyone's tired of seeing nepotism and jew propaganda fuck off
>>
>>198509827
Generally, yes. There's an overly stimulated population walking around outside these days and a great portion of it is spent looking at screens, data coming in and out that the amount of time spent inbetween those electronic bursts isn't enough to be well grounded that you can really "see".

He made his show in the late 80s/90s and the flow of information was obviously slower in those days. Now, you get hit with so many things at once pining for your attention and for it to be a buzz that it can carry itself indefinitely (Marvel, Star Wars, etc...)
>>
>>198510505
>Nothing stands out, and criticlaly there's no shared culture around media anymore.

Except for Fallout, Dune, Last of Us, Shogun, Marvel movies, etc. It’s just that there’s far shorter window for discussion when it comes out. The other major difference is that there is now so much media platforms and content that nobody’s able to watch the same shit in significant quantities most of the time because you can watch whatever you want whenever you want.

Back in the day you had handful of tv big stations and shows everyone ended up watching because you had to rely primarily on whatever was airing when you turned on the TV. If you wanted to watch a movie you either had watch it on TV, go to the movie theatre or rent whatever shit your local store had. Occasionally you might buy a VHS/DVD of something popular because you missed it on theatrical release.

The internet also builds bubbles thanks to personalised algorithms that recommend very specific things.

That’s all it is. Monoculture isn’t a thing because there’s more access and outlets compared to the few that used to exist.
>>
>>198509827
>“Everyone I know in show business, every day, is going, ‘What’s going on? How do you do this? What are we supposed to do now?'”
The Future is Female!
>>
What's the deal with airplane movies?
>>
>>198520192
>Except for Fallout, Dune, Last of Us, Shogun, Marvel movies, etc.

But other than that the bottom has fallen out of the US Box office. it's literally dying and getting smaller each year. It won't die over night, but a small handful of "Event" films making some money doesn't equate to a healthy box office. Marvel films have also literally died, with them not making anything anymore.

>The internet also builds bubbles thanks to personalised algorithms that recommend very specific things.

Oh yay, AI algorthms recommending and driving the culture. Horray for mindlset souless shit.

>That’s all it is. Monoculture isn’t a thing because there’s more access and outlets compared to the few that used to exist.

No, it just keeps fracturing and it doesn't make shit better, it makes it worse.
>>
>>198520305
Yes it is changing again because the past decade and a half was all about studios chasing MCU billion dollar box office blockbuster tent pole model and it naturally had a definite lifespan before audiences got bored and you couldn’t make easy money on it anymore.

It’s no different from sand and sandals epics etc dying in the 60s after being very successful for a time. Or how westerners were a solid moneymaker once but now primarily is a niche low budget market.

The biggest issue is that distribution and how you made money has changed and Hollywood has to figure out an entirely new way to do it, and for quite a while now studios are run by people just chasing quarterly profits and guaranteed hits and they don’t care about quality or art. They want big money making wins and rely heavily on excel spreadsheets and algorithms determining what are supposedly safe bets.
>>
>>198520506
>nothing's changing bro it's all the same!

Except moving theaters will be extinct in 10 years. THAT is a massive shift in the model of film making.

>Yes it is changing again because the past decade and a half was all about studios chasing MCU billion dollar box office blockbuster tent pole model and it naturally had a definite lifespan before audiences got bored and you couldn’t make easy money on it anymore.

If they put out a good X-Men, Spiderman, Batman film, they would make at least 700 million dollars. MCU and Star Wars was handed to clueless idiot women informed by cynical feminist theories where they thought thy could do better. Total lack of confidence in the competency of film makers is on emajor reason. Everything feels like a gender studies lecture now.
>>
>>198509827
Hollywood self-destructed because it made itself seem too predictable and lecturing and audiences now see its output as boring if not repulsive
>>
>>198520787
I say it's half and half. Half idiots making pure shit that is shockingly incompetent. The Diversity Hires want to make gender studies twitter posts in film format, but they're also not trained in what makes good writing and film making, so they also suck at that.

The other half is social media and the internet eating into them. In their hubris they always treated social media and youtube as a means to promote themselves and it worked for a time, but they never saw them as the competition. Instead, they should NEVER have put any of their content on youtube, and instead created their own systems.

Each year online content gets bigger, and legacy media gets smaller and NO ONE HAS ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS.
>>
>>198509827
Exhibit A, his latest shitty movie
>>
Have they tried making good movies again?
>>
>>198520904
>Have they tried making good movies again?

it's literally not possible. The lower, middle, and half of the upper management of big studios are filled with true believer twitter addicts. They are the ones who actually hire everyone to make films and make the films themselves. that's why everything is terrible.
>>
>>198520787
Didn't help the fact that the alternative media is growing, from social media to video games. Maybe the didacticism shit would work in the 90s when Hollywood was at its peak exposure-wise with no other alternatives but now, there is a lot of resistance or at least people dropping out the stuff outright in search for other things.
>>
>>198520968
the jews at the top could clear them out and fix the mess if they wanted to
>>
>>198520858
>>198520978
There is a massive competence crisis in Hollywood with diversity hires totally disconnected from the basics of interesting moviemaking
>>
>>198520994
I'd like to see them try, no expectations though.
>>
>>198518557
Where does this unwarranted self importance of stand up comedians come from?
They're ALL like this, like it's some incredible artform they're engaged in when they're just chatting shit on stage
>>
>>198509827
HE'S JEWISH

ALERT THE GESTAPO
WE'VE GOT A JEWISH GUY LOOSE

HE'S PUTTING POISON IN THE WELL AGAIN SEIZE HIM
>>
>>198520994
>>198521075
how? These women wrote most of the policies and petitioned for them for a reason. They can sue for wrongful termination. They can stall. they can cry bigotry. And even if you cleared house, the diversity mandates you would just replace them with equally incompetent idiots.
>>
>>198515895
>mobile
That’s just gambling and dopamine addiction simulators. Nothing in common with videogames at all
>>
You know people here don’t watch anything when they start whining about diversity hires ruining Hollywood.
>>
>>198521289
Retarded non-argument
>>
File: 02039429049242.png (288 KB, 590x323)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
In terms of sheer money I think it's video games that has replaced film. But he's right that it's fallen incredibly short of where it used to be up until what, 2010s?

>>198518494
I like the anthropology of it, the theorizing and thinking about the fragmentation/isolation of the media sphere. You'll see it even more/even worse with AI, even if it falls short of the "Anyone can make their own movies". Few things in life are all good or all bad, like with the internet or the democratization of media. I can right now find some autist whose interest in a topic allows me to get a deep dive pseudo-documentary into any number of subjects which would never have even gotten a wiff of a documentary back in the day.

>>198520783
I'd not say extinct but they will become exceedingly rare and specialized, you'll see a drop of something like 90% go out of business.

>>198520506
The reliance on algorithms and excel spreadsheets betrays a fundamental lack of the artistry of being able to feel and intuit the market. It turns out the algorithm is not an all knowing god and has severe limits. Some slimy piece of shit like Weinstein was able to read the currents, though I suspect even he (or any old hands) would not be able to adapt with the rapid change we have.

That said, the weakness of the algorithm is Pic related. Not the shitty book just the concept of it
>>
>>198521312
Face it. He blew you the fuck out.
>>
>>198521438
Another retarded non-argument
>>
>>198510433
You say that like something replaced movies.
>>
>>198521434
I believe even video games have stagnated in some areas atm. The console market is in an existential crisis right about now and major video game publishers and console manufacturers such as Sony and Microsoft are struggling to make people buy games and play in their consoles.
>>
>>198509827
No Bee Movie 2
Opinion discarded
>>
>jew makes slop with his jew friends for millions of dollars and is shocked to find he’s not being worshipped like he would be in the 90s
Theres a lack of actually good filmmakers but movies arent dead, Jews are just being forced to confront the fact that they arent super special chosen people and a decentralized media space kills their slop.
>>
accelerate
>>
>>198509985
mucho agua, ay yi yi!
>>
Youtube took over. I spend every night watching or listening to Youtube videos. I can't bring myself to watch some trash modern media. Why bother when I can pick a video about any topic that interests me on Youtube?
>>
>>198520994
Jews are paralyzed because they have spent the last 60 years KNOWING they were right for being secular liberal faggots and now they have to confront the fact that everything their community embraced for decades is a tumor that needs to be removed. They wont act, a white goy needs to lead the way.
>>
>>198521817
>Youtube took over. I spend every night watching or listening to Youtube videos. I can't bring myself to watch some trash modern media. Why bother when I can pick a video about any topic that interests me on Youtube?

I've been doing that but then I realized... what am I watching? Why?What is this? Am I learning anything? There's gold on Youtube but the system doesn't reward gold it promotes endless cheap content where content creators are treated like slaves. The ideal content on youtube is so information free it's basically just trash media.

So people went form watching tv for 8 hours a day to... watching 8 hours of youtube. It's objectively a step down.
>>
>>198521855
>It's objectively a step down.
From the outside, it might look like it but for those viewers, they can choose whatever content they want and the platform will provide that to them and then some. With that perspective, even TV is more restricted in comparison.
>>
>>198521162
this but fr
>>
>>198510037
>they are doing with Israel bombing Gaza.

That doesn't make me mad at all, Mohammed.
>>
>>198513112
Hollywood doesn't produce good movies. Those come from Europe and Japan
>>
>>198521855
Yeah I sure do miss all that learning from shit ass Hollywood movies and corporate television. At least with Youtube you can search up any topic you want. Some of it may not be educational but if you're watching it I would assume you're at least being entertained no? If you want to learn you aren't looking very hard because if that's what you're after there's plenty of options online, Youtube or otherwise.
>>
>>198512935
>Stern, Limbaugh, Opie and Anthony

Literally who.
>>
>>198516329
Gem
>>
File: 10b.gif (669 KB, 288x136)
669 KB
669 KB GIF
>>198511427
>Mao said
Mao was a braindead manlet that sucked dick of German bougeo hobo and all socialist art ended in furnaces and landfills after the antileftist revolutions and the fall of Basedvet Union.
China itself produced fuckall of worth or quality, it was all Hong Kong and only until commies ruined it again.
>>
>>198509827
He's actually making it? I saw Jerry Seinfeld live at Ceasar's Palace in Vegas in probably 2009, he said he wanted to make a Pop Tarts movie but decided not to when he realized the only thing he found funny about them was that 'Pop Tarts are never stale, because they were never fresh'. Later an audience member called him a pedophile during the Q+A session at the end, and was escorted out immediately by security.
>>
>>198522128
How does a Pop Tarts non-joke make someone get so heated that they call you a pedo?
>>
>>198522207
The two events were unrelated
>>
>>198521289
>watching anything made after 2010 at the very latest
Why would they?
>>
>>198522060
>it was all Hong Kong and only until commies ruined it again
I'm still salty about that.
>>
>>198510702
Sure because influencer is totally not the exact same thing as a celebrity.
>>
>>198522392
ugh it's totally different you just don't get it
>>
>>198522128
>Later an audience member called him a pedophile during the Q+A session at the end, and was escorted out immediately by security.

I mean, he boned a legal aged 16 year old woman when he was almost 40. That's legal, and not pedophilia. Unless he wants to say that New York state had legal pedophilia?
>>
>>198511427
The problem is we’re in “late stage capitalism” where everything has been bought up by a bigger fish and they have no pride as film makers anymore, they’re just meant to be IP farms there to give the fat masses all the goyslop they want. They don’t have a willingness to take risks and they fucking LOATH the average American. Hell they can’t simply make movies for men and movies for women anymore, every fucking movie has to have the WIDEST possible audience rendering them completely unsellsable to anyone
>>
>>198522429
Also studios have joked and referenced the pairing in their shows, most notably the pairing of Maureen Ponderosa and Dennis Reynolds, who were paired specifically because they resembled Jerry and Shoshanna
>>
File: 1705241452254261.jpg (37 KB, 600x450)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>198522489
>The problem is we’re in “late stage capitalism”

meaningless socialist term. They made it fucking 2 centuries ago and have said we're in "late stage capitalism" during Marx's time! They thought the Great Depression was the final end of capitalism.

Capitalism DOESN'T EVEN EXIST! It's a marxist terminology.

>Hi I'm a marxist. I campaign against capitalism.
>Hi I'm a marxist. I campaign against THE ECONOMY

The two sentences above are the same sentence.

You want to know what Adam Smith championed? You won't see the word "Capitalism" at all in the Wealth of Nations. His school of economic theory is called the clasical school of economics. The American or Nationalist school is the competitor theory.

Bringing this back to media: advertizers do NOT care. They're making hand over fist on social media and youtube. Hollywood and studios don't realize that they're not needed anymore at all. They don't care if the ads are played on a smartphone or laptop, or between a television sitcom. That's "market forces" baby.
>>
>>198522577
No it means that the system has grown bloated by itself and there is no healthy competition that makes capitalism thrive since the old industries have BOUGHT the system anon. Ever my system grows old and corrupt, what makes capitalism better than most is it took longer to do so AND it used to allow collapses of industries in order to give smaller competitors a chance to rise. Right now the 2008 crash being PREVENTED by bail outs hurt the system because the same assholes that broke the system were rewarded for doing so
>>
>>198522627
Some other anon in the other thread a few days ago described the current period rather aptly: the looting age. It's when the old elites just don't care about long-term perspective anymore now that they're on their way out from old age or other things and now they're merely looking to cash out from the system while the getting's good.
>>
>>198515895
People that use vidya as a word make me want to commit fucking genocide
>>
>>198522429
I imagine the audience member was just trying to fuck with a celebrity rather than protect women or the law
>>
>>198522794
Yeah it’s really weird, I didn’t think that the old would WILLINGLY fuck over the young so thoroughly, but here we are
>>
>>198521855
>. The ideal content on youtube is so information free it's basically just trash media.
Maybe if you stay on Trending and Recommended. There's plenty of chudcore kino on yt
>>
File: 1ee.png (300 KB, 929x1175)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>198522489

Nah, the real problem is that we live in "Normal Stage Leftism" where every single person involved in the creative process is some braindead leftard cocksucker who tries to insert their mental illness everywhere instead of giving people what they want.
Also they cannot create, only corrupt and tear down and their morality is completely inversed in comparison to normal people.
>>
>>198511162
Corpo-punk is crystallizing, these giant conglomerates that used to sway productions and sneak in messaging are the very self congratulatory subjects of their own movie productions
>>
>>198522489
sure. and cancer is "late-stage health"

capitalism died when tax dollars were used to bail out a dying business
>>
>>198522577
You're not wrong. But it might help to view Marxism as a calibration tool. It indentifies potentially hazardous trends (division of labor creates alienation; fetishized commodities expendable work force) with in the economy that could be a detriment to society and culture (ie social science). A motor shouldn't run rich or lean. It should run at optimal conditions. Economists like Veblen are helpful in this regard. Theories like conspicuous consumption and Veblen goods are beneficial in trying to understand how the world economies are potentially failing.
>>
>>198511517
He had show exclusively available via streaming since fucking 2012. I'm sure he's out of touch in a lot of areas as no one that old can be 100% connected with young people, but he at least knows that people watch shows on the internet now and was arguably ahead of the curve on that front.
>>
>>198524031
And how is that going to help me buy even the smallest shittiest place to live? Give me fucking money.
>>
Come on Jerry, say what you know you want to say

>we forcibly pushed out all of the capable, qualified men who had earned their right to be there and replaced them with women and fags who don't know how to do anything
>>
>>198523401
>capitalism died when [words]
and yet there continues to be capitalism
>>
>>198524530
I'm glad they're letting you use the internet Harvey.
>>
>>198524590
Kek
>>
>>198510433
Moviecuck cope
>>
>>198509827
I don't listen to Jews that work with Amy Schumer.
>>
>>198509827
people only saw movies based on who was in it back in the old days, people didn't necessarily care if it was good or not

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.