[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Marlon Brando.jpg (85 KB, 736x1124)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>Marlon Brando was paid $1 million in advance. He threatened to quit and keep the advance. Francis Ford Coppola told his agent that he didn't care, and if they couldn't get Brando, they would try Jack Nicholson, Robert Redford, or Al Pacino. Brando eventually turned up late, drunk, and about 88 pounds (40 kg.) overweight. He admitted he hadn't read the script or "Heart of Darkness". He read Coppola's script, and refused to do it. After several days of arguments over single lines of dialogue, Coppola agreed to an ad-lib style script, with Brando filmed mostly in shadows. Apocalypse Now (1979)
>>
>>198516220
I can't imagine it being better any other way.
>>
Art through adversity
>>
File: Colonel Kurtz.jpg (9 KB, 497x622)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>198516297
What completely boggles my mind is how he literally walked into that movie clearly not giving a flying fucking shit about anything. Not the material, not the demands of the scenes, not his weight, not the script, not Francis and the shit show he went through to get this movie made; nothing. And he does a scene of him just rambling inane bullshit off the top of his head to the barest minimal effort of putting himself into the shoes of the character for the book he didn't even read. His delivery could have been talking about his meal he had at the hotel he was staying at; and yet he made it work.
Its a testament to his confidence in his abilities and Coppola's skills as a filmmaker. Literally a tour de force for both respective art forms.
>>
>1979
kek its 2024 grandpa no one watches those stone age documentaries
>>
File: Apocalypse Now.jpg (66 KB, 380x750)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>198516471
Go back to watching Skibiddy Toilet, faggot.
>>
>>198516528
Apocalypse Now wishes it could hit these numbers
>>
>>198516220
>>198516436
There are conflicting reports, some of which claim he was a huge fan of the book already. Others say he refused to wear pants on set. Net result: Based
>>
what a fat worthless fuck that guy was
>>
>>198516220
he honestly doesn't even look fat. I get kurtz is supposed to be emaciated, but it's not like he's orson welles huge or something.
>>
>>198516528
Skibby dibby is kino you bitch
>>
File: cop.png (324 KB, 772x434)
324 KB
324 KB PNG
>>198516220
>Jack Nicholson
Are you still an assassin? Swear on your mother's grave!
>>
>>198517027
>>198516619
And you're MKUltra victims.
>>
File: file.png (670 KB, 610x458)
670 KB
670 KB PNG
I can't even remember all of the insane shit he did on Island of Dr Moreau there was so much of it.

>helps Richard Stanley get the thing made by, seemingly, making the studio rep leave the room during their meeting by turning the heat way up
>naturally shows up super late to the shoot, both on the schedule and then on each day
>earpiece the whole way through because fuck if he's learning his lines
>his child recently an heroed and Richard Stanley had been booted from his own film by the time he arrived, so he has nothing but contempt for the film. And this is contempt from Brando, who was already a total piss taker by default
>will randomly change his own costume before takes. Everyone is so tired by this point they don't even argue. He shows up with an ice bucket on his head to one scene, they let him away with it, fuck it
>The world's smallest man is on set as a nameless character, is himself also a shit. Brando thinks he looks funny so he basically writes him into a more prominent role in the film, and turns him in his sidekick (this is what Mini Me and Mephisto from South Park are referencing). Enables this little bastards behaviour who now has the Brando card to get away with shit like humping the legs of female crew
>>
I don't think anyone has the right to act the way brando did. His skill wasn't even that high.
It's fitting that the mumbling fat fuck ate himself to death in his mansion, alone.
>>
>In 1976, he told a French journalist, "Homosexuality is so much in fashion, it no longer makes news. Like a large number of men, I, too, have had homosexual experiences, and I am not ashamed.
>During the 1947 production of A Streetcar Named Desire, Brando became enamored with fellow cast member Sandy Campbell, who played the minor role of the young collector. Brando had asked Campbell to have an affair with him and was often seen standing in the wings with Campbell and holding his hand. According to Truman Capote, both Campbell and Brando confessed to having been in a sexual relationship. "I asked Marlon, and he admitted it. He said he went to bed with lots of other men, too, but that he didn't consider himself a homosexual. He said they were all so attracted to him. 'I just thought that I was doing them a favor,' he said.
>In February 2024, actor Billy Dee Williams said Brando had propositioned him, which he rejected, while the two were at Brando's home during a party.
>>
>>198518682
what a throat goat
>>
>>198518682
What a faggot.
>>
>>198516220
Brando was incredibly lazy and stupid and he ruined the movie
>>
Marlom Brando is a fascinating personality. One of the greatest American actors, but he clearly and unapologetically hated acting.
>>
>>198518682
>I just thought that I was doing them a favor
lmao
>>
>>198518415
Val Kilmer claimed in a Q&A I saw that the idea of the little guy following someone around was HIS idea and supposed to follow HIS character until Brando saw the runt and wanted it to be his familiar
>>
>>198516619
You're retarded if you think Apocalypse Now hasn't been watched more than the combined number of views of those Gmod video's even as it's 4 hours long
>>
>>198518682
>Sandy Campbell
>male
Damn, his parents set him up for buttblasting from the start
>>
>>198516220
>>198516436
As a bonus, it only heightens the feeling that he's some insane cult leader. The guy comes off as completely unhinged and has lost touch with reality.
>>
>>198518415
The idea of the little familliar guy is hilarious. Just this insane doctor guy who for whatever reason just has this thiny best friend around.
>>
>>198518415
>On the Island of Dr. Moreau, Brando was fed his lines through an earpiece which suffered interference from police radios causing him to yell "There's a robbery at Woolworth's!

This makes me laugh out loud everytime
>>
>>198516220
This movie is shit
Brandos role is shit abd makes no sense
>>
>>198520191
nah (You) are
>>
>>198516220
someone explain the context on this pic, was brando the epstein of the 1900s
>>
>>198520695
2 minutes of solid laughing. Thank you
>>
>>198516436
I think Coppola exaggerated some or a lot of Brando's alleged antics. The production was already a disaster in many other ways, so Coppola could have been fishing for more excuses in case it was a critical or box office failure, perhaps because he was a histrionic Italian faggot.
>>
>>198516220
>about 88 pounds (40 kg.) overweight
88lbs overweight is the new normal
>>
>>198516220
Look at all those personal bussy bitches clammoring for his big ugly bastard cock
>>
>>198516220
He looks pretty badass as a baldie
>>
>>198516220
that pic makes him look like a pedophile rapist in a shota manga
>>
>>198516436
this is mostly just autocreation and bullshit
>>
This movie encapsulates the notion that as long as promote something as great, sooner or later people will fall for it and believe your bullshit. This movie isn't good. It's barely even a good adaption of the novel.
>>
>>198521842
>as long as promote something as great, sooner or later people will fall for it
>This movie isn't good
Apocalypse Now was lauded as great when it released, it's not some new opinion formed decades after release. I think it's excellent but perhaps a little overrated, maybe it does not resonate well with the current generation.
>>
>>198518415
val kilmer mogged his acting in that one
>>
>>198516220
What a complete fucking faggot. He's not even a good actor.
>>
>>198520159
>causing him to yell "There's a robbery at Woolworth's!
I really hope this actually happened.
>>
>>198521842
Delusional.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WslT-174s-A

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.