[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240423_071230.jpg (454 KB, 1080x1625)
454 KB
454 KB JPG
waltbros...
>>
>>198518060
>smokes in front of a baby
>>
Gee, and they call us contrarians.
>>
>>198518074
Correction
>smokes while pregnant
>>
>>198518060
Anna Gunn had a big change after her career fell off
>>
>>198518060
10 years later and I still dislike skyler

Most of the guys coming up to her and apologizing are former edgelords geeks that are trying to weasel their way into the new woke geek culture
>>
>>198518060
I never understood the Skylar hate. Idk how anyone could see Walt as the good guy. I was hoping he would get killed more and more as the show went on.
>>
>>198518060
The whole show is a bit retarded on a rewatch. It's amazing what you could get away with releasing it one episode a week back then, with a cliffhanger every ep. I actually thought she was more of a cunt the second time around.
>>
>>198518111
>cliffhanger every ep
Yeah the show is bizarre on rewatch. Every episode is instantly handwaving the previous cliffhanger then 40 minutes of setting up the new cliffhanger
Also checked
>>
>>198518111
the cliffhanger thing was really only season 5 and 6
>>
>>198518144
>Every episode is instantly handwaving the previous cliffhanger
Like? can you even name a few?
>>
>>198518060
Skyler is a retarded character. Putting your baby in danger and fucking other men to "get back at Walt" is even worse than anything he ever did. Same with her giving money stash to Ted without telling Walt.

Now Kim, Kim is a MUCH better character. Almost feels like Vince's response to people shitting on Skyler.
>>
>>198518060
that poor woman who didn't have to work a day in her life and fucked TED!
>>
>>198518109
she ntr'd walt

ntr = cringe
>>
>>198518225
Kim never emotes and none of her motivations make sense
I feel like I'm taking crazypills over Kim Wexler
>>
>>198518060
Are those people in the same room as us, Anna?
>>
just watched the entire series with my girlfriend. she fucking hated Skylar. I hate Skylar too but recognize she's essentially a trapped woman given that she decides not to report Walt.

really everything would have just gone better for her and the kids if she reported Walt as soon as she know.
>>
File: 1701710413117719.gif (913 KB, 263x333)
913 KB
913 KB GIF
>>198518060
how do midwits not get that the whole point of BB and BCS is that we see the world through the main characters' eyes, and they are assholes
so we get "villains" like Skyler and Chuck who are, like Skyler, actually reacting in a completely understandable way to a self-sabotaging asshole like White, who it turns out is not just dying from cancer and about to leave her widowed with a disabled kid (and another on the way) but secretly spending his remaining time being a murdering drug dealer.
Or like Chuck, who while a dick and crazy, is absolutely completely clear-eyed about Jimmy with a bar license being like a chimp with a machine gun, and the whole show is about Jimmy getting destroying everyone's lives and his own, and getting a bunch of people murdered for exactly the reasons Chuck lays out in the beginning.
>>
>>198518359
Rhea Seehorn's performance is natural, not dramatic, which is actually genius on her part because Odenkirk is honestly not a very good dramatic actor. Kim's motivations for scheming with Jimmy is nothing more than because it is fun. She pretty much becomes a villain at the end of the series when she ruins Howard's life and continues to enable Jimmy's behavior. She is still very likable and I love her and want to suck on her feet but her character most certainly reached villain status by the end of the Jimmy storyline.
>>
>>198518359
Kim has multiple emotional breakdowns especially during the final season, wtf do you mean she didn't "emote"?

Also, they make it clear that she wants to maintain her relationship with Jimmy because of her affection towards him and how he reminds her of her mother who was also a con. She wants this while also wanting to be an honorable lawyer that helps the less fortunate. Please pay attention to the show if you watch it again.
>>
>>198518458
100%. He absolutely corrupts Kim, who'd made something of herself despite her shit upbringing, and ruins her life, after nearly getting her killed a bunch. He gets Chuck and Howard killed, plus a bunch of other people, and in the end, after basically getting away with it, he gets caught because he just can't resist running heists and scams, even as a federal fugitive. Chuck is right, he can't be anything other than Slippin' Jimmy
>>
Skylar makes sense when you consider her as the woman Walt only chose to feel better about himself and Gretchen was his real love only for it to backfire
>>
fuck skyler this is now gonna be a Kim thread.
>>
File: walt jr fresh prince.png (58 KB, 248x186)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>198518592
There really should have been an episode more clearly explaining that Walt dumped Gretchen after they were engaged, solely because he was intimidated by how wealthy her family was and the idea of constantly living in her shadow. This was told in an interview, but not presented in the show. It would have really helped to add context to Walt's flaws as a man. He could have been the ceo of gray matter and become a multimillionaire/billionaire, instead he became a chemistry teacher because of his pride. He started dealing meth because of his pride making him refuse money from Gretchen/Elliott and anyone else for that matter. He killed Gus out of pride.

Walter White's fundamental character flaws are all related to pride and ego. He knows he's smart and is profoundly ashamed of his underachievement in life, if only he had been less prideful and egotistical, he probably would have attained the success he believed he deserved.
>>
>>198518548
Chuck tried to ruin Jimmy's career and reputation, he was entirely justified pushing back against him. In the end Chuck proved Jimmy right, he really was just as unstable and crazy as Jimmy said he was, so he wasn't even lying in court, just proving a point. What they did to Howard was fucked up, but again, it's not like he and Kim drove Howard off a cliff, he just happened to be there at the wrong place at the wrong time.
>>
>>198518681
it was implied that gretchen chose elliot over walt and he gentleman'd his way out of gray matter but then regretted it over time.
>>
>>198518111
it didnt hold up at all
watching it is extremely painful now
>>
>>198518681
>He killed Gus out of pride.
Walt had zero problems working with Gus and with just being his employee prior to Jesse fucked everything up by killing those 2 street dealers that worked for Gus. Everything that lead to the ultimate confrontation with Gus was directly Jesse's fault.
>>
>>198518536
Yes Kim's iconic black and white crying scene that made up for entire series worth of anemic performances and secured her the Emmy
>>
>>198518423
back when it was airing my girlfriend (now wife) refused to watch it because she hated skylar so much
>>
>>198518681
>his was told in an interview, but not presented in the show
I think it was, there was this whole flashback scene where he ragequits the startup and demands to be bought out because Gretchen chooses the other guy
Which is when we realize he's such a bitter loser over it that he's a genius level chemical engineer who refuses to even work in his own industry and took this shit teaching job because he's still hurt feelings'd over it

>>198518692
>Chuck tried to ruin Jimmy's career and reputation
Chuck consistently and then desperately tried to stop Jimmy from getting a law license, because he was the only one who knew him well enough to understand what Jimmy with a law license would mean. Jimmy then deliberately destroyed Chuck through forging the Mesa Verde documents to make him look incompetent and ratting him out to the insurers, costing him his life
They destroyed Howard's reputation, framing him and literally drugging him to make him look like a coked up addict so his client would fire him. And then, because Jimmy was doing jobs for a drug dealing sociopath for some easy money, Howard got murdered.
This whole time he was ruining Kim's life and career, who'd managed to bust her ass up from the trailer park to a practicing young lawyer on the partner track at a prestigious firm. She nearly gets killed a bunch of times and ends up some zombie office worker.
That doesn't even count all the death and destruction he enables as Walter White's scummy lawyer. And then in the end, having got away with it all and just needing to keep his head down, he gets himself caught again because he cannot stop himself from stealing and scamming, even when there's nothing to gain and everything to lose
he's the protagonist but he's actually the villain of the story
>>
>>198518060
She's still an ugly bitch.
>>
>>198518758
almost everything bad in the show can be attributed, one way or another, to Jesse
hell, he probably gave walter cancer by fucking around in chemistry class
>>
File: walter white dr wiley.png (1.17 MB, 1600x1104)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>198518821
the worst was when Skylar told Walt she didn't file the divorce papers my girlfriend perked up like "Now I like her!" and then looked at me with the crazy eyes as if she really would make me sign divorce papers and then not file them for the sole purpose of driving me mad.
>>
>>198518864
kek that would be a hilarious flashback
>YO MR WHITE WHAT DOES CARACONEGIOUS MEAN? IS THAT LIKE, A COCKROACH?
>It means causes cancer Jesse, now put it away
>Oh ok …OOOPS
>*trips and the chemical splashes all over walter*
>>
>>198518901
lmao
>>
>>198518060
>they come up up me and say "the second time i watched it when i could skip your scenes was so much better"
>>
>>198518109
Because a woman has to be a bitch when she’s critical of a man you want to win because he’s the hero protagonist. It doesn’t matter to some people her actions are understandable and reasonable.
>>
>>198518762
>entire series worth of anemic performances
Maybe if you ignore the many scenes throughout the series where she's obviously "emoting", as you described. Her confrontation with Howard in his office and her breaking up with Jimmy comes to mind.
>>
>>198518423
why do so many people call her "skylar" while her name is "skyler"? is it a pronunciation thing?
>>
>>198518074
secondhand smoke having negative effects on health is a myth
>>
>>198518962
ok
>>
>>198518832
Yeah Jimmy and Kim really were irredeemable scumbags. You can make excuses for how Jimmy drove Chuck to suicide as a self fulfilling prophecy by Chuck but they ruined Howard's life and ultimately got him murdered purely for the thrill of it, ultimately vindicating Chuck completely. They were genuinely rotten people.
>>
>>198518912
i really want AI bullshit to get to the point where Plex/Jellyfin can just automatically skip based on instructions
>skip every scene where Skylar speaks
>>
>>198518962
Whatever helps you cope smokey
>>
File: cume.jpg (47 KB, 621x610)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>198518942
>>
>>198518864
>almost everything bad in the show can be attributed, one way or another, to Jesse
jesse didn't make walt ragequit his billion dollar startup because the girl he liked liked the other guy, then demand to be bought out for pennies, then be so mad over it that he refuses to get any of the infinitely high-paying jobs he's qualified for, and instead be a part-time high school teacher who can't afford to support the family he's created
walter is a colossal stupid asshole and always has been, long before he met jesse
that's also hammered home when mike yells at him at the end. walt could've kept his head down, cooked for gus, and made more money than he could count, and everyone would've been fine. but walt as always needed to be the big man, so his incompetent attempt to take over fucks everything up and gets everyone killed. (walt then shoots mike over the list of names, and then realizes he could just get the list from someone else, a microcosm of everything he's ever done)
>>
>>198518962
the only thing that's a myth here is your intelligence.
>>
>>198519012
>t. irl jesse
>>
File: hank.jpg (42 KB, 500x510)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>
>>198518991
>They were genuinely rotten people.
Yeah, and since Jimmy's the protagonist we all cheer as he steadily corrupts Kim into a sociopath like himself (and her mom). She'd escaped that, made something of herself and was trying to help people, and he just ruins her. Vince Gilligan is really good at writing villains like heroes
>>
>>198519029
nah, an irl Jesse wouldn't have used the word 'microcosm" properly.
also, what's with this humiliation ritual of waiting for a whole minute to post?
>>
>>198519021
>american lung association
get a clue, those guys are just trying to upsell you on new lungs
>>
>>198518942
No, it's because she is a hypocrite and a bad person. She and her sister are your everyday horrible people that by comparison shouldn't look that bad because everyone else is so much worse. But the thing is that everyone watching the show knows a Skylar or Mary type of person and way fewer people know ruthless cartel members or drug dealers. So it's much easier to hate Skylar because you know there are millions of Skylar's in the world all around you.
>>
>>198519029
kek
my favorite thing about the show is how you slowly realize walter white is a horrible shitty little man who ruined his own life over getting turned down for a date, and all the people you initially see as villains and tormentors are actually normal people, seen from the perspective of a horrible shitty little man
>>
>>198519021
>>198519070
>yfw you find out the delta for lifetime probability of lung cancer between a pack a day smoker and a non-smoker
it's like 13%
>>
>>198518976
>>198519006
>>198519021
it's true the results show negative health effects but the results are not statistically significant

>Previous cancer studies have had mixed results, the researchers said, although the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention still calculate secondhand smoke is responsible for 46,000 heart disease deaths and 3,400 deaths from cancer a year. The problem is many studies showing the strongest association between secondhand smoke and cancer were case-control studies that can suffer from "recall bias," or the tendency of people with a disease that can be blamed on a past exposure t0 be more likely to recall it.

I don't even smoke cigs myself
>>
>>198518991
if they were genuinely rotten people they wouldn't have cared about Howard's death, but it was clearly something that effected both of them deeply and it rattled them to their core. Kim in particular became ridden with guilt and did a complete 180 with her life choices.
>>
>>198519046
Actually I felt sorry for Howard at that point in the show even though I was entertained by their hi-jinx. I think Vince corrected a lot of the flaws with Breaking Bad in BCS. It's a similar story told more subtlety with more relatable characters. Kim was a clear improvement over Skylar because she gets down in the mud with our protagonist instead of acting sanctimonious all the time and dragging the action to a halt while benefiting from his crimes and doing nothing to stop it.
>>
>>198519058
>t. irl jesse
>>
>>198519071
But somehow you find no issue cheering Walter who’s way worse person.
>>
File: kim_ass.webm (913 KB, 620x980)
913 KB
913 KB WEBM
>tfw no Kim gf
>>
>>198518109
Skyler opposes Walt
Even if she was objectively the voice of reason during his ego trip, you shouldn't be surprised that a character is disliked when they literally are the opposite of what the protagonist is
>>
If they wanted us to like Skylar, they should have cast someone with a huge pair of tits and a fat ass
>>
>>198519254
>he doesn't remember peak MILF Skyler in season 3 and 4
>>
>>198519119
>Actually I felt sorry for Howard at that point in the show even though I was entertained by their hi-jinx
it's the wildest thing because what they do is absolute evil, villain behavior, but it's from their POV so we're all cheering. but holy shit, they planted drugs on an innocent man, spread rumors about him, stole his car, in order to frame him for chasing hookers (when his marriage was already on the rocks) and then finally dosed him to make him look like a strung out addict in front of a huge client
same with forging the Mesa Verde documents and the breaking and entering to plant it, frame Chuck and ruin his reputation. a string of felonies in order to destroy a family member who's in the way - holy shit, if this was the villain in a story people would say it was cartoonish evil and over the top

Skyler I think is having a totally reasonable reaction for a pregnant woman with a disabled son and this asshole husband who could be making a ton of money as the genius chemical engineer that he is, but he's so mad about the other woman in his past that he refuses to get a job in his actual industry and is working two menial jobs that don't bring in enough to pay the bills. Then he gets incurable cancer, refuses the offer of a blank check for treatment from the billionaires because he's still mad so he'll take his chances, and then it turns out has a secret life he's hiding from her, of being a murdering drug dealer. How would she sleep?
>>
>>198519221
>>198518109
Vince Gilligan is the master of writing villains like heroes
>>
>>198519259
they didn't make her have an ample bosom with always visible cleavage and nipples poking through the shirt, so she doesn't qualify as a milf, but more your friend's mom who is easy
>>
>>198519302
... Ok, you may be right
>>
>>198519302
fair
>>
>>198518225
Kim exists solely to fill episode time
>>
>>198519302
i need a milf so bad bros
>>
>>198518060
>the conscience of the show
>paralyzes a man and then visits him to threaten him
>>
>>198518946
The average amerimutt golem is not smart enough to type in its native language, same reason why you see things like “could of”
>>
>>198519100
Is it okay if Tyrone rapes you just a little
>>
>>198519554
man Skyler has a disabled kid she has to look after, and another on the way, and she's married to an underachiving genius-level loser who refuses to get a job matched to his incredible skill set because he's mad about this other woman turning him down years ago, and he still refuses to get over it or her. Great. So he chooses to work shit jobs while she takes care of the disabled son and they all live in poverty as a result. Then she finds out he's Stage 4 with a 50% chance of being alive in a couple of years, leaving her alone and broke with at least one child to take care of, and that when his billionaire friends offered to blank check the best cancer treatment in the world, he told them to fuck off because she's still mad at how the girl he wanted, wanted the other guy. Then it turns out he also has a secret life he's been concealing from her, and then she finds out the secret is that he's a murdering drug dealer despite being about the least competent criminal imaginable.
>>
>>198519696
The only reason why Walt ended up with Skyler was because of his character flaws. That's the whole point. Skyler is the very personification of the underachieving, nagging lower middle class mediocrity he himself chose. They deserved each other.
>>
>>198519817
So the point is if you're prideful you will end up with a butter face?
>>
>>198519817
Yeah. But again we also see Skyler that way because that's how Walt sees her.
She might just be exhausted after years being married to a man who's keeping her poor by refusing to get a real job, because he's still mad about the woman he clearly wanted.

>>198519887
A good thing to remember for life is that you won't just be punished for your sins, but by your sins. A lot of bad life circumstances we find ourselves in are just the hangover from doing something shitty earlier in life
>>
>>198519953
But the only reason why a woman like Skyler could marry a highly gifted prodigy like Walt is BECAUSE he was such a lazy underachiever. If Walt was the CEO of a multi billion $ biotech company like what he was supposed to be, Skyler would never in a million years even have had a chance with him. He's a highschool teacher and she's a secretary or something who has been on an indefinite vacation since she got pregnant. It's not like she was the bread winner or something, Walt was still the provider with his shitty highschool teacher job.
>>
>>198520029
>But the only reason why a woman like Skyler could marry a highly gifted prodigy like Walt is BECAUSE he was such a lazy underachiever.
Yep. And don't forget a horrible asshole who keeps ruining his life over his galaxy-sized ego. He couldn't handle gretchen going for the other guy so he ragequit a billion dollar company. And he couldn't handle being Gus' employee when he was the big genius, so he destroyed everything including himself
>It's not like she was the bread winner or something, Walt was still the provider with his shitty highschool teacher job.
To be fair having a disabled kid means one parent is staying home
>>
>>198518060
Skyler was written to be annoying and for the audience to dislike her. the plot follows walt and gang. When Skyler is shown, she has no dreams, no ambitions, no goals, no friends, no life. Her only dialogue and purpose is to stop the show from existing and to redomesticate walt. Yeah she is "sympathetic," but her she is not entertaining, and her sole task is to end what makes the show entertaining. If she's not complaining, she's cheating or smoking while pregnant.

Now, the audience is supposed to realize walt is a monster after a certain point of the show. After that then you are to better sympathize with Skyler. You are supposed to feel her pain when she is morally corrupted in a vain attempt of keeping "normalcy." Other than that, this is just normal generational reverse contrarianism. Happens all the time when people "reevaluate" media. Breaking bad ended over a decade ago. Better Call Saul is written better insofar as they have women in the show who have a meaning to their character that is more than "be a passive aggressive anchor at all times with no other purpose."
>>
>>198518060
I thought she was an insufferable bitch first time.

Felt a lot more sympathetic to her on a rewatch. She's very much morally gray and is a terrible person overall, but I get her now that I'm older. Vince has this talent of getting the best out of the actors and just plain writing good complex characters.
>>
>>198518060
Cope
Yo
>>
>>198518359
She's a serious person with an earnest, job oriented life that gets dragged into Jimmy's chicanery. That's the point
>>
>>198518109
skylar is ugly
>>
>>198518074
Walts fault for being a lowly beta male who couldn't provide anymore because of his inferior genetic stock that gave him cancer and produced the retarded son.
>>
>>198518060
Lol at the cope
Skyler is the most evil person on BB, more evil than Tuco and even Gus.
>>
>>198519045
let that sink in
>>
>>198518109
uptight cunt that freaks out about weed and I don't even like weed. That alone tells you about her high moral bullshit that's frustrating.
>>
Marie is the closest thing to likeable in the family. Everyone else is awful. Why people need their well acted characters to also be liked is beyond me.
>>
>>198523005
It's sorta like the kid that played joff in GOT. Genuinely hated but well down characters ruin careers.
>>
>>198519100
Shut up, meta analysis show they are a risk factor and it is statistically significant

>Conclusion: The findings suggest that SHS exposure is associated with the risk of COPD, especially for individuals with a long time exposed
>>
>>198518109
you realize that her being bad doesn't mean Walt is good, they can both be shitty people
>>
>>198518750
4u
>>
>>198518109
I'd say they both deserved each other..perfect match
>>
>>198518060
i tried to watch it with sympathy for her and all it did was draw more attention to her stupid decisions
>>
File: file.png (531 KB, 455x611)
531 KB
531 KB PNG
>>198519012
Imagine picking this over prime Cranston
>>
>>198518060
it's all in your head anna, no one likes skyler
>>
I get where the character is coming from but I have a visceral reaction to grown adults who think 'the silent treatment' is an appropriate way to handle any sort of argument, so the moment they establish that it's her thing there was never any chance that I was going to side with her.
>>
>>198518074
Walter poisoned a kid.
>>198518225
All consequences of Walter destroying his family.
>>198518109
Ego.
>>198519221
>nooooooooo she wanted her husband to stop selling illegal drugs
>>
>>198523870
>her stupid decisions
Anon, Walter literally refused a great paying job with healthcare due to his ego and went to sell illegal drugs. But somehow nobody hates him.
>>
>>198524181
>nooooooooo she wanted her husband to stop selling illegal drugs
Are you a burger? Walt is a shitty person yet the audience cheers for him because he's the main protagonist and in one way or the other, he feels reletable to us
Did you watch Breaking Bad with the hope that he'd get caught in the 2nd episode already?
>>
>>198518168
mexican assasins in walts house
Also breaking bad is shity soap opera for milenial boomers
>>
>>198524288
>shity
>milenial
>>
>>198524230
At first I was sympathetic to Walter, but he became worse and worse as the show went on.
I didn't care when he died.
>>
>>198518060
>fucks Ted
>If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.
Sorry. I don't make the rules.
>>
>>198524321
Walter commited murder, theft and almost killed a child.
>>
>>198524317
Ok.
>>
>>198524230
>yet the audience cheers for him because he's the main protagonist
Reddit moment
>>
>>198524353
did he fuck ted though?
>>
>>198524217
because he has some form of honorable reasoning behind it.
skyler gave ted a bunch of money to wave away a problem she walked into for no fucking reason
>>
People don't cheer for Walt by the end, they just understand where he's coming from

Skylar was part of the problem in making him feel mediocre and lesser and doesn't have many redeeming qualities so it's an easy mark
>>
>>198524405
Yes
>>
>>198524353
>murder
Questionable. I can't think of any innocent he killed in cold blood. Everyone was "in the game"
>theft
Fair. He should be made to pay restitution.
>Anyone who steals must certainly make restitution, but if they have nothing, they must be sold to pay for their theft.
>almost killed a child.
Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. This charge is dismissed.
>>
>>198524405
No, but according to the bible murderers should be also punished with death.
>>
File: IMG_8646.jpg (583 KB, 1052x1402)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>198518109
You can be in the right and still be an asshole.
You can be in the wrong and be charming.

Apparently this confuses and enrages people who like to use the phrase “media literacy”. They seem to think that you first do a philosophical analysis to find out who the good and bad people are and then you like media proportionally to how it agrees with your politics.
>>
>>198518060
Skyler's like AJ, she may not have done anything wrong but she still sucks.
>>
>>198518060
How did it take people multiple viewings to realize that Walter was a piece of shit?
>>
>>198524433
>because he has some form of honorable reasoning behind it.
No, it was because he was butthurt about his ex-friend being more successful than him.
>>198524448
Walter was "in the game" purely due to choice (ego). He was part of the circle of violence and destruction caused by drugs. Why? Because it made him feel better.
>>198524445
>waaaaaa my wife is the cause of my mediocrity, I will now sell illegal drugs :(((((
>>198524454
>You can be in the right and still be an asshole.
>You can be in the wrong and be charming
Yes, if you're a low IQ redditor who suffers from emotional diarrhea.
>>
>>198524647
Denying that someone can be right and an asshole, while attempting to call that being a redditor, is a transparent self report.
You really don’t belong here fuckwad.
>>
File: jurassic brap.jpg (133 KB, 647x1024)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>198524321
>husband treats his wife like shit
>wife cheats on him as revenge
Karma is a thing
>>
>>198518962
My friends dog got lung cancer because she smoked everyday in the house.
>>
>>198524688
It may have been partially Walt's fault that Skylar cheated on him but that doesn't absolve Skylar of her actions. I think its heavily implied she had issues with this before the drug dealing started though. If my wife was singing Happy Birthday Mr. President to her boss I'd be pissed.
>>
>>198518060
>media literacy is not dyin-ACK!
>>
>>198518109

Yeah, not sure how people view Skyler in a bad light, it's not like she's also an egotist who caused her son's medical condition by smoking like a chimney.
>>
>>198524754
>not sure how people view Skyler in a bad light
She fucked Ted.
>>
>>198518109
She was just an uninteresting character at the end of the day. In the same way that we enjoy certain characters in sitcoms that would be unbearable to actually live with, in real life, yeah no shit she’d be sympathetic, and 100% in the right, but as a character in a work of fiction, she’s little more than a hamfisted, patronizing sounding board to show the audience what a terrible man Walt is.

They halfheartedly allow her to be seduced by the drug money for a while but in every other way she’s just the intelligent, logical, strong, sassy woman character with very few flaws, who outsmarts the Nobel prize winning scientist at every turn and is better than him in every way that isn’t the actual chemistry.

Take Carmella from the Sopranos, on which Skyler was heavily based. She was a much more interesting character. Can you guess why?
>>
>>198521571
She smoked while pregnant with walter jr as well.
>>
>>198524217
The entire show stopped being a more or less grounded story about a flawed man who loves his family but is pushed to his limits by the rigmarole of life and existentialist dread; culpable, yes, but still sympathetic and went full on Saturday morning cartoon by the beginning of season 3, with the mute Mexicans, general dumbing down of the plotlines and bigger reliance on cliffhanger and other cheap television tropes.

They just kind of gave up on Walter being a nuanced character, and made him a bumbling idiot villain we’re meant to root against.
>>
>>198524688
Incorrect, karma is a construct created by faggots who can't handle the fundamentally uncaring nature of reality and need their comfy blankie.

Cheating is wrong. Cheating is still wrong if you were cheated on first, or if your spouse is a big ol' meanie, or if they don't do the chores you tell them to do, or if they weren't "meeting your emotional needs", or for whatever other bullshit excuse women make up so they can feel like the good guy when they act like a whore. If someone cheats on you, you leave them; that's the morally justifiable course of action. One partner cheating doesn't justify the other responding in kind any more than one partner abusing the other - physically or otherwise - doesn't justify the "victim" resorting to murder to "free themselves" when they could have just walked out the fucking door if they weren't so weak/motivated by money.

Simps should be boiled alive in the bathwater of lepers.
>>
>>198523975
Look at this nerd's ears
>>
>>198524592
How is Skyler like Angry Joe?
>>
>>198518060
>"...You were the conscience of the show..."
>"Oh my God, that poor woman"

kek.

>Treats Marie like garbage.
>Smokes while pregnant.
>Fucks Ted.
>Steals drug money and forces Ted to take it.
>Paralyzes Ted.
>Doubles down and threatens Ted in the hospital after she’s paralyzed him for life.
>Starts money laundering after Walt and Saul told her not to be involved.
>Steals Bogdan’s car wash in an extortion scheme just because she was offended over a petty argument.
>Orders Walt to murder Jesse.

>"...You were the conscience of the show..."

lmao.
>>
>>198524433
>because he has some form of honorable reasoning behind it.
the whole point of the show is we realize walt's a huge asshole as well as an idiot who's good at one thing. how did you miss that
they even have mike yell that in his face, and then walt kills him by being a huge asshole and then realizes he's been an idiot
>>
>>198518421
learn proper english and phraseology, you useless nigger

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.