[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Midnight Mass is, quite simply, the finest television show ever produced. If you have an IQ above 110, you owe it to yourself to watch
>>
>Catholics worship LE DEMON!
Slop
>>
>>198518486
You see that I added the addendum that you need an IQ of at least 110 to actually grasp the show. If you're sincere interpretation of the show is that simple and vapid, guess which side of the fence you fall on
>>
>>198518349
>In a world where no one has heard of vampires...
>>
Flanagan is the second worst horror director currently working after Jordan Peele
>>
>>198518349
midwit bait op
>>
>>198518349
I've never had my iq tested before but I assume it's at least 110 because i'm really perceptive. All of the streamers I watch miss items in games that I find really easily.
>>
>>198518349
>horror
>the finest television show ever produced
Pick one.
>>
>>198518349
It’s not even Flanagan’s best show retard
>>
>>198520283
If you watch streamers you have an absolute maximum of 90 IQ.
>>
>>198518349
It was carried by the preist and had a shit ending. Its amazing how a single good actor can drag a show out of the mud. That being said I still enjoyed it because I'm not a completely joyless jaded faggot who needs to criticise everything.
>>
>>198520328
the singing was good
>>
Outcast s1 seems better
>>
File: file.png (616 KB, 500x751)
616 KB
616 KB PNG
>>198518349
>MIKE! We blew the CGI budget again and we're only 5 minutes into the episode! What the fuck are we going to do?!
>Pad it. Pad it with monologues. Pad it all to hell.
>>
>>198520328
Have there been studies on this?
>>
>>198520434
It's abundantly obvious.
>>
>>198520445
It's not obvious to me.
>>
>>198520295
It isn't horror
>>
>>198520665
Yes, it is. There will be no further discussion on this matter.
>>
>>198518349
I liked the first half. When the supernatural shit was introduced, I dropped it.
>>
>>198518349

But people don't talk like that in real life!!!!!>! Everything must be REAL - especially vampire zombie demon shows.
>>
>>198518486
It's from Israel, they do worship everything from there.
>>
>>198520509
Yeah, I know.
>>
>>198520842
Because I told you.
>>
>>198520727
yea when they started with the bible and church I closed it down too
>>
>>198518349
Why did the vampires burn their shelters? Why didn't they even try to dig before the sunrise?
>>
>>198520870
What year is it?
>>
>>198520920
>Why did the vampires burn their shelters?
to weed out the remaining townfolk. they left 1 building for them to hide from the sun in, but the muslim guy burned it
>Why didn't they even try to dig before the sunrise?
repentance
>>
>>198518349
lol
>>
>>198520992
jej
>>
It was actually bizarre to fedora tip so hard in a show about a fucking flying immortal vampire

>God isn't real
>this thing is though
>>
>>198518349
agreed. completely blind sided by this one
>>
>>198518349
>Basically Stephen King
>Highbrow
lmao no
>>
>>198520254
Contrarian faggot
>>
File: 1683315891540503.jpg (158 KB, 898x621)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>Midnight Mass is, quite simply, the finest television show ever produced. If you have an IQ above 110, you owe it to yourself to watch
>>
>>198520870
>Nooo, not my hecking christianity!!!
>>
>>198521398
>>198521457
sub 110 IQ's detected
>>
>>198518486
If this was you conclusion you're literally too dumb for the show. Stick to True Detective, retard
>>
I liked it fine but lets not pretend it's some deep show. The scene with the guy from friday night lights and the directors wife talking about what they think happens after you die is about as generic as possible yet is presented as basically the crux of the entire show in a way.

>dude we turn into space dust and become one with the universe lmaooo
>dude we actually go to heaven and its warm and nice and shit lmaooo

What is profound about this? What is smart about this scene? Heard the exact same things a million times. Rest of the show has the exact same vibe too.
>>
>>198518349
Never watched it. Is it about celebrating Christmas ?
>>
>>198518349
The writing and monologues aren’t amazing. But god damn the vibes are immaculate.

The small island town, the aesthetic, the horror, it’s just great.
>>
>>198518349
More like midnight monologue because thats how characters talk at each other
>>
>>198522079
yeah and its kino
>>
>>198521864
A cool premise ruined with terrible execution. You will want to kys when you hear them monologue a conversation
>>
>>198518530
>If you're sincere interpretation
>you're
What's your IQ?
>>
How come none of them realised it was a vampire?
Sure, I can excuse the old priest since he probably had dementia at this point and the vampire probably enthralled him or something, but the rest of them?
>trust me bro, the fact that sunlight sets me on fire is completely normal and good, according to the bible
>trust me bro, that thing is an angel. It even drinks blood and gas wings without feathers!
>trust me bro, it's normal that drinking this angel's blood will turn you into a bloodthirsty monster
>>
>>198522154
the kid walked again
>>
>>198522154
maybe its one of those shows where vampires dont exist as a concept in-universe or something lol
>>
>>198522119
heh, you've fallen for my ruse. typical sub 110 IQ behaviour
>>
>>198521802
They work well because they feel genuine, what some random normie might really think of death.
If it tried to be too clever, it would feel like the writers jerking off in your face.
>>
>>198518349
>Sheriff, there's a vampire out there killing people
>YEAH WHAT ABOUT 9/11 AND MUSLIM PERSECUTION HUH?
>>
>>198522177
That's just retarded and you know it. It's a lazy excuse at best.

>>198522175
The guy still turns into a vampire.
>>
I have an IQ of 138 and I only watch shooty shows. Pew pew. Soldiers and cops and stuff.
>>
>>198522154
Because they wanted to believe.
They were all surrounded by death in a dying community and were desperate to find a way to cheat it.
>>
>>198522218
they didnt know that
>>
>>198522154
Isn't it a demon or fallen angel and not a vampire? If it was a vampire how did it even survive for however the fuck long locked in a cave underground with presumably nothing to feed on?
>>
>>198522177
Nah there was a poster for a vampire movie in the hit and runs room
>>
>>198522191
Then why do people like OP and RLM act like it had anything worthwhile to say? Maybe OP is actually the low IQ one lol
>>
>>198522258
seething sub 110 IQ that cant into kino lel. us 110+ IQ chads get it, you dont, simple as
>>
>>198522234
It was still retarded.

>>198522236
A couple of them learned about it but chose to ignore it for whatever reason.

>>198522244
Vampires can do that (probably).
>>
>>198522276
Not an argument
>>
>>198522323
i dont need one
>>
>>198522328
Just gonna assume you're baiting/shitposting and not actually this stupid for my own sanity
>>
>>198518349
Igby Rigney and Louis Oliver and Rahul Abburi and Zach Gilford are relentlessly handsome. Especially Igby Rigney.
>>
>>198522367
>i dont get it
>but YOURE the stupid one
damn must suck to be such a kinolet
>>
>>198522258
It doesn't have to be some high IQ philosophizing to be worthwhile.
The monologues show you that both found a way to accept death (which is why they didn't fall for the vampire stuff) in a relatable way that allows you to understand the characters really well.
>>
>>198522417
Guess you are just that stupid
>>198522420
I think the scene needed a better writer. It does work on an emotional/character level as you said but it just felt too generic, too hollow to actually get anything more out of it than that. Like this scene the show almost gets there for me in a lot of ways but given the importance of monologues and dialogue in the show it misses that last oomph to really hit the way it could have. Though, I suppose "it's not transcendental" is kind of a high bar to be setting for something like this and a bit unfair.
>>
>>198522501
guess you are just a seething kinolet sub 110 IQ
>>
>>198522553
Just repeating buzzwords over and over and over again. You know your brain is capable of creating original thought, it's not just a playback device that can only repeat what other people say and think. Well maybe not your brain.
>>
>>198522420
The guy did give in though, he decided he was too much of an alcoholic to resist drinking blood, so he killed himself. It almost seemed like a new writer came in and wrote him out of the show. His choice is even more pathetic when his parents are turned into vampires at the end, but they're just like "Nah let's stay human" as if it wasn't even difficult to resist drinking blood.
>>
>>198522781
He saw it as the only way to escape and warn director wife.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.jpg (6 KB, 412x100)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Bravo Flanagan!
>>
It was very enjoyable, tasteful dark show.
>>
>>198518349
Boring, could have been done as a 2 hour movie
>>
>>198522244
Havnt you seen other vampire flicks? Without blood they just get emaciated and chill in a coffin until someone gives them blood, then they start regenerating and coming to life.
>>
The idea of their "Angel" just being a smelly cave-vampire who likes the attention is pretty kino. It's his best show, though Hillhouse was good barring the gay ending. Midnight Club was unfinished.
>>
>>198525632
This thing was pretty different from the typical mummified vamp in a coffin you're talking about. Pretty spry. At least the Charles Dance vamp in Dracula Uprising or whatever that was called survived eating rodents and shit.
Not much of that in sealed cave in the desert.
>>
>>198518349
its....quite good.
>>
>ISLAM GOOD
>CHRISTIANITY BAD
>MEN BAD
>WOMEN GOOD
>PWD GOOD
>WHITE PEOPLE BAD
>BROWN PEOPLE GOOD
>COMMUNISM GOOD
>CAPITALISM BAD
>POOR PEOPLE GOOD
>RICH PEOPLE BAD
>SCIENCE GOOD
>RELIGION BAD

Where was the horror in this show?
>>
>>198518349
Shut if off before the end of the first episode. Came to learn it was some retarded vampire bullshit. Will never finish it.
>>
>>198518349
It entirely falls apart in the last two episodes. Turning into a very generic anti-Christian/anti catholic vampire flick with the most basic bitch roastie you can imagine as protagonist. Prewitt's acting is top notch though. Really awesome. Shame they had to shit all over his character.
>>
>>198525788
The real horror is CIS wypipo in America who follow Jesus, chud.
>>
>>198525680
>The idea of their "Angel" just being a smelly cave-vampire who likes the attention is pretty kino
It's pretty overdone and unbelievable though. Christcucks think videos of monitor lizards are showing evil demons. You think they'd really worship a cartoonishly Satanic looking bloodsucker for no reason....
inb4 edgy answer
>>
Did white people really throw a man into an insane asylum (where he was later beaten to death) because he kept asking surgeons to wash their hands?

That was the most jaw dropping scene for me. Dropping history that makes you mad.
>>
File: 1000011863.jpg (1.7 MB, 3600x2400)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
Why did he endanger her life by taking her out so far into the ocean knowing what would happen ? Powerful scene but yea never understood it
>>
File: 180521.jpg (96 KB, 1200x675)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>198518486
Dude, have you seen the Vatican in the last decades? It's not even hidden at this point.
>>
>>198526020
i guess so no one would see what happens to him.
>>
>>198525996
>Did white people really throw a man into an insane asylum (where he was later beaten to death) because he kept asking surgeons to wash their hands?
When did that happen? I forgot about that scene
>>198526020
Well it's done for dramatic effect in a movie obviously. But then what would you have him do? Controlling his urges and an heroing himself on a spot where he could not flee seems like the best thing he could do.
>>
>>198525996

The medical industry fucks it up time and time again and yet we're told to blindly trust and accept their take on nascent ideas and things
>>
>>198525859
Wait, is CIS an acronym?
>>
>>198525996
Yeah, up until post WWII, the medical industry was seen as a joke. Bottom of the barrel quacks that had no fucking idea what they were doing. There's a reason that the job was usually shared by the town barber in old west towns.
>>
>>198518349
Jay from RLM ruined the show for me.

They were talking about the show at one point on another topic, and Mike said something about "it should be like blabla" and Jay went "this is exactly what happens in Midnight Mass. He tells her he's a vampire, she doesnt believe him, so he rows her out on a boat and when the sun rises, he just bursts into flames. Its great."

And besides the spoilers, I thought wow, that IS a good ending reveal. Emphasis on reveal because he made it sounds as if the entire show is played straight and only at the very end it actually reveals the supernatural. Which would've been pretty damn good desu.

But instead I was disappointed with generic monster schlock. But I actually like generic monster schlock so Jay ruined it for me, since I was only disappointed due to having a different expectation.
>>
>>198525728
Yeah but the old man found it in a cave. I dont think he said it was walking around doin its thing
>>
The ending was stupid
Surely there were better places to hide from the sun LOL
>>
Wait, is this really vampires? This show was on my list, but that just killed all my interest.
>>
>>198526326
It starts out as character driven, intimate theatre and turns into: Christianity = le bad and le corrupt, Islam and science are le good, generic vampire flick after the first half. The director is some reddit Atheist, so who is really surprised.
>>
>>198520254
You mean third, after Peele and Ari Aster.
Flanagan at least has some semi-decent projects in his resume, namely Oculus, Dr Sleep and Hill House.
>>
File: file_UweBoll2.jpg (57 KB, 902x461)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>198520318
It's definitely his most cerebral. Sorry you're too much of a brainlet to understand the subtext. Better stick to Marvel Avengers bullshit dirt so you don't hurt yourself.
>>
A vampire pretending to be an angel in a town full of idiots? Must be a pretty high IQ vampire…
>>
>>198526116
>what would you have him do? Controlling his urges and an heroing himself on a spot where he could not flee seems like the best thing he could do.
Hold off on his suicide by sunrise until he's helped the rest of them stop the vampire cult
>>
>>198527049
He had an increasingly hard time to resist the urge to prey on someone. Did you miss that?
>>
>>198520234
Vampire movies take place in worlds where nobody's ever heard of a vampire.
Zombie movies take place in worlds where nobody's ever heard of zombies.
Alien invasion movies take place in worlds where there's never been an alien invasion story.
Movies are better when the characters can react honestly to situations, not snark at them in a genre-savvy way.
>>
>>198528586
>Movies are better when the characters can react honestly to situations, not snark at them in a genre-savvy way.
I like it when media acts the way normal people, ie (you), me and anyone else watching would act
>oh looks like we're up against vampires etc., lets try all the shit that our folklore and all the stories we've ever heard of tell us work against them
Same for zombies. Sick of
>hurr lets waste countless hours and bullets until the protag realizes shooting them in the head works
If the thing coming towards ANYONE today looks like an ambulatory corpse you bet the first responders are going to shoot it in the face.
The walking dead's "no you see in THIS universe there's never been living dead stories ever!!" shit is lazy as fuck, and is like how fiction writers today and filmakers alike keep setting everything pre-smartphone, pre computer 1970's safezone where they can avoid the creativity necessary to a contemporary setting.
>>
Wait, I just thought.
What the fuck was the vampires plan?
>turn the entire town into vampires using his own blood
Then he has no food.
WTF
Was he just there for 1 night of feasting.
Seems fucking retarded
>>
>>198528586
>Movies are better when the characters can react honestly to situations
I disagree. It's incredibly frustrating when it's too obvious. There's a line where it becomes just like watching someone struggle to solve a riddle you already know the answer to and just becomes annoying. And either way, you need to take into account that the audience sure as shit knows what's happening. You need to find another way to keep them engaged other than working out the very, very obvious solution.
>>
>>198529544
incorrect, he was going to convert everyone and storm the mainland with boats. Then he would have a cult to cover up his activity and prey on the people
>>
>>198518349
>wypipo bad
>>
The parallels between vampires and angels was pretty neat.
>>
File: 1713169641046496.png (36 KB, 629x504)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>198518349
>fifteen minute monologues where the director's bogged wife says a bunch of shit a real woman has never even given a passing thought to much less heavily contemplated
>obligatory dyke doctor in a gay interracial relationship, make sure we get a shot of them holding hands and a line of dialogue about it so we can hit that quota
>most interesting character sits around and does nothing offscreen for the entire finale
now this is highbrow entertainment for smarties like us
>>
>>198529740
ohhhh yeahhh, they had the boats all ready.
So he was looking to make a coven or whatever.
>>
>>198529544
>>198529740
>>198530077
I don't really think the vampire had any plans, he was animalistic. Prewitt and his bitch did the scheming.
>>
Flanagan was so desperate to prove that he's a hack
>>
>>198526091
>look as this photoshopped picture of BERGOGLIO with a fag flag behind him
>heh, what are you going to do now catholikek???
Boring.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.