[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: firefly-cast-004.jpg (92 KB, 720x576)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
/tv/ fags still know about/like Firefly, right?
......right?
>>
>>198520472
Firefly was campy/cringe/low budget but at least we got Serenity out of it. It's crazy how it's a solid standalone film, I didn't know about Firefly til 10+ years after watching Serenity and enjoying it.
>>
I tried rewatching it a couple years ago and couldn't get through it. I'd forgotten just how Whedony it was. I found it unbearable.
>>
File: ':3.jpg (145 KB, 1680x1050)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
it was kino
>>
>>198520472
Of course, there's nothing more to discuss that hasn't already been said a thousand times over.
>>
>>198520584
That's really odd I didn't think Serenity was a thing at all outside of Firefly fans. The production value is definitely better but I think the campy/low budget is part of the charm, same as Buffy. Even though the CGI parts are cheesy sometimes they still do a great job of selling the setting, IMO.
>>198520601
That's fair, you don't like the guy you don't like the guy. I didn't enjoy much else he did besides Buffy (Angel to a lesser extent) and Firefly, but those will forever be classics to me.
>>
>>198520472
Fuck: summer while the whore watches
Marry: the mechanic
Kill: the negress
>>
File: (You).jpg (41 KB, 1125x572)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>198520800
>>
>>198520472
>le heckin western scifi loved by fat nerds and single mothers in their 30s on facebook
>where's muh season 2
Very average show ruined by the "forced love" of the cocksuckers mentioned above.
>>
>2002

TAKE ME BACK AHHHHHHH
>>
>>198520885
You now realise that half of this site was not alive in 2002.
>>
It was fun. Part of my rotation of movies and shows I repeat watch like Deadwood, Rome, Generation Kill ect.
>>
>>198520472
Why did Fox have to be complete faggots and air the show out of order?
>>
>>198520472
I haven't watched it in nearly a decade.
>>
>>198520698
Not that anon, but Serenity is really fucking good. You don't need to have watched the show thanks to how well it sets up the plot and the premise in the intro. Because of how high the stakes are there's far less room for whedonisms to crop up and due of the tight runtime it can't meander off, so we get Mal and River's character development front and center for the whole film.
It had a villain that required little backstory and since it was Firefly's last hoorah, it doesn't hold back its punches and makes him dangerous as fuck too.
I still dont know how the fuck Whedon pulled it off, but he did.
>>
>>198521027
intentionally trying to get the show thrown off air for something more normie friendly to get more advertiser $ or just idiocy at every level, either way it's the fans that lost out.
Fox had a history of doing this though. Fucking with time slots week to week etc.
>>
The thing is, once you notice Morena Bacarin's obvious Adam's Apple, its hard to not see it again, and becomes distracting.
>>
File: 1687638106762951.webm (981 KB, 1280x720)
981 KB
981 KB WEBM
reminder: this is the closest we ever got
>>
>>198521027
Probably had no faith in the program and just wanted Whedon to stop wasting money on some "not-star trek" show that cost them a shitload of money because they had to make expensive sets while also shooting on locations that weren't in the TMZ.

Complete guess of course.
>>
>>198520472
i rewatched it a few months ago and loved it, but there was really no reason to make it sci-fi when 99% of the plots would fit a purely western setting just fine. they either should have played up the scifi or made a straight western
>>
>>198520584
Same

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.