[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Seinfeld says it's over
https://variety.com/2024/film/news/jerry-seinfeld-movie-business-over-disorientation-1235978006/amp/
>>
Weird about the Seinfeld final, I've never find that to be problematic, it's comedy it's not "serious", and there was the flashback "wink" to the first episode, nothing wrong with that, it was just perfect, every main characters in the same place.

Anyway is on point about stand up, it's still untouched, like the old world
>>
>>198527484
>“It was totally new to me. I thought I had done some cool stuff, but it was nothing like the way these people work,” Seinfeld said. “They’re so dead serious! They don’t have any idea that the movie business is over. They have no idea.”

>Asked to elaborate on a more serious note, Seinfeld continued: “Film doesn’t occupy the pinnacle in the social, cultural hierarchy that it did for most of our lives. When a movie came out, if it was good, we all went to see it. We all discussed it. We quoted lines and scenes we liked. Now we’re walking through a fire hose of water, just trying to see.”
brutal
>>
>>198527484
it amazes me how you skinny fat weebs put jews on a pedestal like this.
You were clearly raised by white faggots that sucked the dick of any zionist that helped them forget the grindhouse society their ancestors created for them

you people are literal retards or JEWS yourself
>>
>>198527890
Kys
>>
He's right the movie business is a shell of its former self
>>
>>198527899
Hollyweird in shambles
>>
>>198527484
Death to the lugenpresse. We will not live in a global communist state.
>>
Thanks. I almost forgot whenever I want to know about the state of film as an artform I always consult Jerry Seinfeld
>>
>>198527994
He's speaking more as a film goer than a filmmaker and he's right.
>>
>>198527484
Old man yells at cloud
>>
>>198527484
>get carried by Larry David
>make shitty bee movie
>be an arrogant cunt the rest of your life
Why is he an authority on anything
>>
>jew cries that jewish media no longer has enough impact on gentiles
Oh no
>>
It's ironic cause Seinfeld is an overrated meme but this lil nigga is totally right
>>
>>198527994
he's trashing the zoomer crew of his Pop Tarts movie for taking it seriously and he's right.
>>
He's saying something that's taken place years ago. Films been fucked since 2010. Someone will likely reply with "wud aboot Mad Max" but that's my point, it's a rare good one in a sea of failure.

Another factor is society has changed. We no long have the luxury of introspection/existential issues cause life is too horrible to care about petty issues. And the issues that affect us Hollywood won't dare touch, they're even a part of the problem.
>>
>>198528091
Jerry is one of the least Jewish Jews out there. He's definitely an outsider unlike Seth Rogen or Sarah Silverman.
>>
>>198528260
Him and Larry jewed all the Seinfeld co-stars out of any residuals. He also an ardent Zionist.
>>
>>198528208
"Hollywood" only existed for 93 years from Birth of a Nation to the 08 writer's strike. The strike itself wasn't a significant event but it cleared away the last holdouts. Hollywood was mortally wounded by the millennium and 9/11 because America ceased to be the center of the earth, people stopped looking to california jews for guidance.
>>
>>198528319
He's never been anti-white though. If the kikes would give up subversion I would happily let them take all of Israel back cause I don't give a shit about that land.
>>
>>198528260
Lol, the absolute state of circumcised golems
>>
>>198527484
This is smart of him to say. First of all because he's right, second of all because now there's a childish part of me that wants to watch his new movie with the bias of "this one will be different, this one will be like how movies were back then"
>>
>>198528468
it looks twice as humiliating as Bee Movie
>>
Seinfeld has achieved perception like we could never even imagine. He's a Jew who amassed a gigantic Jewish fortune off of being Jewish. He can see into all possible futures like Paul Atreides now. He has tapped into ancient knowledge that allows him to see into the future, bridging space and time.

If Seinfeld says it's over, then it's over. We all knew it already, anyway.
>>
Jerry Seinfeld was literally never funny. He was a mediocre stand up comedian until Larry David made him a billionaire
>>
>>198528576
I found this interview kind of funny. Maybe I'm conditioned by so many laugh tracks to imagine Seinfeld dealing with a bunch of overserious NPCs and smile.
>>
>>198528576
Name 1 funny ""comedian"".
>>
>>198527899
He's right about the current state of the business, but wrong that it won't bounce back. All it will take is one radical talented auteur to break in and change everything again, just like it happens every 20 years or so when people proclaim that the sky is falling in Hollywood. There is a huge groundswell of pissed off resentment for how the industry/country has been going the last decade or so, and out of that will emerge an artist that fully taps into that anger, writes something great and convinces someone to let them shoot it on celluloid. This new zeitgeist work will reveal everything else for the trite slop that it is, and kick off another cinematic revolution of imitators.
>>
>>198530084
I'm not so sure anon. It will be different from how it was.
>>
>>198528800
my best friends nick mullen and adam friedland
>>
Damage control for his failed pop tart movie.
>>
>>198527484
He’s right but has motivated reasoning. He’s a hasbeen whose entire career was carried by Larry David. Any original idea he has is shit.
>>
>>198530557
There was a public screening of it in Hollywood and I saw a scene in passing - I understand it's a corny kids movie but the "jokes" were god awful, no one in the courtyard was laughing and Seinfeld's voice over sounded like he treated the entire process like a bad joke.
>>
>>198527484
He is correct on the state of the industry, but this is motivated reasoning on his part as this is him attempting to save face for his shitty poptart movie that everyone knows is going to be shit.
>>
>>198528208
Life isn't horrible, don't exaggerate. Yeah it's noticeably declined since the 90's/2000's, but it's still not anywhere near "horrible" considering all of human history, or even just the recent one
>>
>>198528401
honestly this, I don't give a shit about Zionism as long as Jews can stop trying to subvert Whites. Problem is, they can't help themselves and Jerry is an extreme outlier in that regard

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.