[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1126.jpg (177 KB, 2136x1169)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
Is the most beautiful movie ever made.
>>
>>198531372
No, but it was a great practice movie to get everything perfect for Isle of Dogs
>>
>>198531372
I met a girl with a tattoo of fantastic Mr Fox once. Is that a red flag?
>>
>>198531372
If by this you mean crap, boring and unfunny.
Then yes!
>>
>Enjoying the films of Wes Anderson.
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
File: IMG_1127.jpg (111 KB, 735x599)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>198531459
You're disloyal.
>>
>>198531432
Only if she doesn't regret it. ALL tattoos are red flags. Although I am a hypocrite and doesn't exclude someone from being dated. It's just a huge red flag.
>>
>>198531372
My buddy and I went to see this and there was 2 older couples sitting together like 6 rows on front of us. Just them and us. We were laughing so hard at this movie and they kept looking back at us angrily. When whack bat happened I was pissing my pants and these fucking people got up and left and when they walked by us said "so rude"? I was like what's your fucking problem this movie is hilarious. My buddy was astonished. Wtf was their problem? Didn't hear them laugh once and every time.e we laughed they would look back at us all pissed off. Great movie.
>>
>Fantastix Mr. Fox is the most beautiful movie ever made

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJKrjF56_GE
>>
File: IMG_1120.jpg (110 KB, 900x900)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>
Why isn't this his main bag? It's so much better than the live action.
>>
>>198532681
This movie lost money sadly.
>>
>Isle of Dogs
>I love dogs
>>
>>198533170
It's Dogs of Isle, or "Dogs are Vile". The translator got the words wrong.
>>
Foxes >>>> dogs. A shame Wes' return to stop motion was mangy mutts that walk on 4 legs.
>>
File: 009.jpg (37 KB, 670x670)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>198533233
>>
File: IMG_9686.jpg (533 KB, 828x818)
533 KB
533 KB JPG
Everything about the movie looks like it’s set in the late 70s or 80s except Badger has an iMac
>>
>>198531406
I enjoy both, but Isle of Dogs has some weird narrative imbalances, such as the 'pack' basically disappearing from the story the minute that they get separated. I know it's so that Chief can bond with the boy and learn to be a true dog, but the execution feels unsatisfying.
Fantastic Mr Fox is excellent from the very first scene. It's damn near perfect.
>>
>>198533170
Nigga I know a fuckin werewolf when I see one
>>
>>198531406
The difference being that Isle of Dogs is an irredeemable piece of shit.
>>
>>198533758
I only saw it once in theaters. It can't be as disappointing as I remember, can it?
>>
Whoever Ash lost his virginity to was so lucky.
>>
File: 23423523425234.jpg (49 KB, 851x479)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Best Wes movie, every performance was great, nice aesthetics, pitch perfect soundtrack. There's nothing to hate. After this movie he hit some magic with Grand Budapeste Hotel but nothing else came close to this one.
>>
>>198533491
Lol I never noticed that
>>
File: 1701132003190375.jpg (44 KB, 624x336)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
I wish Kristofferson Silverfox was my boyfriend
>>
>>198535355
Wes was crazy for this.
>>
File: IMG_0986.gif (390 KB, 400x213)
390 KB
390 KB GIF
It's unbelievable the gesticulation on some of the close ups. I respect the absolute fuck out of stop motion animators for making Ash look so alive and in pain in this scene. What were the size of the models IRL I wonder?
>>
>>198533170
Story behind this pic?
>>
>>198535901
They probably had different sizes depending on the shot. I know they used real fur for the models
>>
>>198531406
how could anyone like isle of dogs? only time i ever saw a movie and felt like I wasn't even watching a cinematic work
>>
>>198531459
Rushmoore is a very fun movie for any bro, the other best one Life Aquatic and then Royal Tenenbaums are definitely over the top full of themself reddit movies but theyre still good
>>
>>198534416
There’s zero chance he lost it to a girl.
>>
File: 0*At-thXpdhFhmP33V.jpg (48 KB, 428x642)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>198535901
>>
>>198537301
That's so cool. I hope he's proud of himself.
>>
>>198531372
>That one line that implies his wife was a slut back in the day

What did Wes Anderson mean by this? Is he a cuck?
>>
>>198537377
No it implied Foxy is not a blackpill incel who dumps a girl for having seen other guys.
>>
>>198534034
It's actually better on subsequent viewings. It evens out the tone a bit.
>>
>>198537566
>Other guys
She literally was the town slut lmfao, who marries the town slut
>>
Fantastic Mr. Fox was my fall asleep to movie for the longest time.
>>
>>198531459
Moonrise Kingdom is a very comfy movie. Also I appreciated the boy scouts segments since I was in it as a kid.
>>
>>198537377
mr. fox going full cope mode is funny though
>>
>>198537722
Checked and true kek
>>
I can't find the scene on YouTube you guys are talking about does anyone have it?
>>
>>198537377
Was she really the town tart?
>>
>>198537842
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Gi0mJDukDjY&t=1m20s
>>
>>198537842
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T34v34yARQ
>>
>>198537907
>>198537910
Ok that is a lot more devastating than I remembered it lol. Fox does sound upset
>>
>>198531459
His only good films were Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and Royal Tenenbaums, which were all co-written by Owen Wilson, who was able to keep Wes's scripts in check.
Then his entire style started to get annoying.
>>
>>198537969
He lists the insult as one of the 'sins' against him when he finally speaks to Bean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phbhtSVp9yY
>>
>>198531459
>all the earnest replies to this post
98% of modern /tv/ truly came here after 2016, they can't even spot really old rhetorical memes.

Though, on topic, this movie is unironically my favorite movie. It really is a darn shame that Isle of Dogs was so sterile and had plot and pacing issues. I also heavily disliked the (mixed) 'American girl's in the plot; had it solely just been Japanese humans in it, I would have probably liked it marginally more.

However, Mr Fox has much more charm, and let's Clooney's voice acting charisma ooze much better on screen, having the animators make his character chew the scenery much better.

Too bad we didn't get Mr Fox as his 2nd animation, after all the trial/error/labor learned after the first rodeo (you can find 'less rough edges' in Isle of Dogs, from a technical standpoint).

Also glad we got the Dahl story before he got 'canceled' posthumously.
>>
File: 2101rat.jpg (254 KB, 1260x1436)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>198531372
More than half the anons on 4chan will die just as pointless a death as Rat.
>>
>>198538412
Still got to fuck Mr. Fox's wife kek
>>
Wes Anderson pictures are lame and unfunny Reddit movies. I genuinely don't understand the appeal
>>
>>198538572
Unironically give me your 5 or 10 favorite movies and that might show something as to why
>>
>>198531372
>>
>>198538476
Kek
The rat was based
Mr. Fox is a cuck
>>
>>198538601
Hey retard, this isn't /v/. No one cares about literal who Twitter roleplaying opinions. Your post was dogshit, even worse than some shill from /biz/ or an underage ESL on /x/.
Never post again.
>>
>>198538728
>this amount of vitriolic seethe
>from somebody who loves wed anderson film
Holy kek. it's a pretty funny post. Aren't you late for tea and crumpets or something?
>>
>>198538590
Blade Runner
Children of men
Sunset Boulevard
Jin Roh
Aguirre, the wrath of god
>>
>>198538728
Do you need a hug?
>>
>>198538791
I'm guessing his movies feel "twee" to you due to the often slice of life scale of them
>>
>>198539291
>>
>>198531372
>Is the most beautiful movie ever made

No, with no malice I say that is objectively false. Absolutely not across the movies, definitely not across the anomated movies and arguably not among modern animated stuff.
>>
>>198537714
I hate moonrise kingdom... primarily I hate that stupid boy. Most cuntish unlikeable child actor I've ever had the displeasure of watching in a movie.
>>
>>198531372
i watched it alot with my ex.
It reminds me too much of her. Never show movies you like to women anons.
>>
>>198538356
>responding to turd world shitters
I seriously hope you don't do this again
>>
>>198531406
>that godawful voice acting from the entire Hollyjew cast
>that cutie blonde character who is underused and turns out to be a boring white savior/love interest for the jap boy
>that retarded twist about the jap boy (who's literally called Atari XD) being the mayor's cousin
>that retarded political plot that goes nowhere
>that unexplained use of cheap traditional animation for the monitors
>that weak-as-hell reveal that Spots was still alive by the end, making the only way to conclude this movie on a powerful note totally bogus
>that pointless Yoko Ono cameo
>these shitty try-hard references to Ozu and Kurosawa
may i continue?
>>198531459
only his first four films (he peaked with Life Aquatic), and maybe Fantastic Mr Fox who looks/sounds great but has some of the worst takes possible how to manage a midlife crisis
rest of his filmo is reddit.
darjeeling limited and moonrise kingdom are overrated as hell
grand budapest deserves the acclaim only for the set design (writing is Diablo-Cody tier, i hated the Ralph Fiennes character)
isle of dogs is bruh
french dispatch is the isle of dogs + grand budapest combined
when the roadrunner appeared in asteroid city i felt like the movie gave me the finger
>>
>>198533170
What breed of dog is that? Black long haired German Shepherd?
>>
>>198537621
Girls that have abusive fathers often throw themselves at men because they ultimately don’t believe they have value and have to trade sex for love. Of course this never works out and so they view themselves as having even less value, and in turn feel they have to put out more.

It’s a fucked cycle. Dipshits here like to act like a woman’s upbringing is her fault, yet they shit on women if they aren’t at home raising kids because kids need a stable home to become well adjusted adults. It’s all just double standard bullshit.

My wife has opened up to me recently about things from her past that she is very ashamed of. She’s an amazing woman with a shitbag alcoholic of a father and an abusive/permissive mother. She supports me like no other woman has. I dont give a fuck about her past but I do want to kill her shit parents.

People make mistakes when young. That’s why age should bring maturity. Yeah it’s a serious post.

No I won’t be back to read the @s.
>>
>>198540223
>Anon admits his wife is a slut to prove a point
KEK
>>
>>198540127
Are you me? My exact sentiments. I still love his stuff, but I'm more of a realist and I know after Mr. Fox he started huffing his own farts way too hard, with Darjeeling it definitely shows. After that, I really started to not enjoy his later works. Grand Budapest was the last straw, I disliked Moonrise, Isle was sterile/like you said, and French Connection I turned off after 15 minutes. Didn't even care to check out Asteroid.

As someone else mentioned earlier, he has a case of George Lucas syndrome. He needed another Owen Wilson to ground his writing after Mr. Fox, but sadly by then he's surrounded by yes men and actors who don't mind an easy 'artsy' paycheck who have been in his past works.
>>
>>198533170
You just know...
>>
For me, Wes is like the anti-Coen Bros.
The Coens are two suburbanite jews who are deeply fascinated by and enamored with Americana and they suffuse their films with that love.
Wes is a Texan who seems to crave everything which is not americana, he craves some sort of erudite european old world-ness which just comes across as phony. It's like he desperately wants white Americans to identify with a culture divorced from his likely more modest and deeply deeply American upbringing. He's no different than the white teenagers who obsessed over Gogol Bordello and LARPed as bohemians as a subtle act of defiance.

I don't hate Wes's movies, I quite enjoy a few of them, but it seems his detractors' cries of "pretentiousness" are very much warranted.
>>
>>198540606
These are genuinely my favorite directors. I got to take a class about the Coens' filmography (my favorite is Inside Llewyn Davis) and every time I watch a Wes Anderson movie it imprints into my brain.
>>
>>198540985
I really had a lot of fun watching Rushmore and Grand Budapest but plot wise they don't really stick with me. There's like a collection of ideas in both I can sort of remember but I'd be hard pressed to connect them, let alone recreate them in order so as to comprehend their relevance to one another
>>
>>198541107
For what it's worth, I think Fox and Tenenbaums are very American movies (as in movies that express spiritual truths about sections of Americana). And I've never lived in NYC but I've read several people in the industry call Tenenbaums it a quintessential New York movie.
He is definitely not a plot-first director, he is interested in colorful characters going through shit around colorful backgrounds.
>>
>>198541389
>He is definitely not a plot-first director, he is interested in colorful characters going through shit around colorful backgrounds.
Which is fine. I quite enjoy what he does THAT SAID it makes it really easy to just tap out. I'm interested in the stories the coens want to tell. I'm sometimes interested in Wes's quirks, and sometimes I am not. He completely lives and dies by his style. His detractors get shit on but they are entitled to their opinions, and not in the wrong for primarily criticizing his style.
>>
>>198540127
>>198540300
Opinions on Henry sugar? I thought it was good and part of it is just that it's a small dose of Wes instead of a full film. I also really like the old Tales of the Unexpected series which is very similar in scope.
>>
>>198542029
Not either of those anons but I thought it fit his style really well without being overbearing. The other shorts weren't nearly as good and I'm not sure why they were made
>>
>>198537301
They’re wearing the same exact outfit kek

>>198531372
This isn’t even in Wes Anderson’s top 3.
>>
>>198540127
>Uh, I don't like that a main character was named 'Atari'
>I didn't understand the politics?
You really shouldn't be allowed to share your opinions online.
>>
>>198540223
7/10
>>
>>198540223
>Anon asks "who marries the town slut"
>this guys replies "i do"
>Goes out of his way to justify himself
I lol'd
I like the part when he admits his wife was a turbo slut, that the wife "opened up recently", as in, he didn't knew full well that she was a whore (most likely because he never told him), and now he buys into the "it was my dad's fault that every guy around me got to pump and dump me"
cuckmaxxing here lol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.