[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When did you give up? I'm half way through S8 and it's boring as hell. Does it get better?
>>
>>198532684
Whenever it was the tigemtnhr attacked negan
>>
why keep asking ffs it's 2024
beth death was the actual last straw
>>
>wanted to see Negan kill Glen
>stuck it out through the shitty boring filler that was season 3 - 6
>Negan finally appears
>cliffhanger ending
>so mad I just stopped watching entirely

From what clips I've seen since then Jeffrey Dean Morgan was maybe the only good actor on that whole show. Couldn't possibly make me ever care again though.
>>
episode 2
>>
>>198532684
it never really recovers after rick leaves
the whisper stuff is watchable but it really drags until the end
last season is serviceable as way of ending it but thats about it
towl is really overrated too
the writing is awful, people just liked it because rick was back
dead city is unwatchable trash
daryl series is mostly trash and completely optional
the last season of fear was actually decent by the end
but you have to sit through the worst seasons of the entire franchise (fear 4-5 and 7) to get there
>>
Think season 3 I gave up
>>
>>198532684
>Does it get better?
No, but if you made it to season 8, you should have such a tolerance for TWDshit that you might as well continue.
Ironically the spin-off shows are even worse. Dead City is total trash, I dropped Tales of the Walking Dead 20 minutes into the first episode, same for the Rick/Michonne spinoff.
Fear felt watchable for a bit, but I dropped that and it's clear that it also degenerated.
>>
>>198532684
>When did you give up?

After the first season with Negan, as I knew they'd NEVER kill this character off but by then, I was already hate watching the show, as the writing was so bad with the characters continually doing the stupidest most unrealistic shit just to get themselves into ridiculously contrived trouble.
>>
>>198532684
It peaked at season one man and it’s downhill all the way from there.
>>
File: 1698329377017965.jpg (225 KB, 970x545)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>198533316
And even he was a mediocre Negan. Andrew Lincoln is a similarly (if not more) talented actor and was a better Rick but that's basically it. TWD has always been a legitimately bad show with obvious frugality and a piss poor adaptation of the source material. The creators of the show are so utterly incompetent that copying literal scenes/characters/storylines from the comic gave them mighty trouble, and those were responsible for at very least 95% of the good content anyway. Darabont had a different concept than Kirkman and his herd of yes-men but he forgot more about film-making than the rest of the crew every knew about it. Reading his leaked e-mails should be mandatory for anybody who ever wanted to be involved with the industry.

As for your question, I agree with >>198533797:
>No, but if you made it to season 8, you should have such a tolerance for TWDshit that you might as well continue.

>>198533797
>Ironically the spin-off shows are even worse.
Have you seen anything from Daryl's own spin-off? That's the only one that seems tolerable and at least somewhat interesting.
>>
>>198532684
I think I actually quit about halfway through S8 lol. I was watching it live though so waiting a week between each episode could have had something to do with it.
>>
>>198534080
>Have you seen anything from Daryl's own spin-off?
I watched the Paris outbreak scene on youtube and that looked interesting, but I have not given it a shot, I think the shit to good ratio will probably be bad. Maybe someday.
I have given the franchise so much of my time (as someone who was reading the comics before the series was even announced), I'm not sure it deserves more.
>>
File: 1000005725.jpg (23 KB, 337x404)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>198532684
Show lost any chance of being good the second they got rid of the Guy behind season 1 IMO.
There were still some interesting parts,
Season 3 and 4 were at least half decentish?
And Negan had a handful of interesting moments as a villan?
Otherwise the rest of the show was complete trash for me after S1 ended.
>>
Somewhere in the Negan season. It wasn’t super boring or anything but I just stopped. And then too much time has passed.

If I had infinite time I’d probably watch it all
>>
>>198532684
Around the time they killed Carl. I came back for the recent series with Rick but even that turned out to be shit
>>
>>198532684
>When did you give up?
in the middle of a pilot episode
>>
S2E2
>>
>>198533654
fear the walking mid
>>
s4, i mostly enjoyed S2 for Shane and was barely hanging on in 3 cause of the governor, I heard rick gets better later on but the show was a drag
>>
>>198532684
S9 is arguably the third best season of the show. The Whisper's are neat villains and Rick's send off is genuine kino. It also goes back to a more episodic, "how do we survive this novel apocalypse problem" that made the early seasons feel much more grounded.

I would say it's worth a watch. After that skip everything in S10 until Negan starts doing shit. Don't fucking bother with S11.
>>
File: rickroof.jpg (40 KB, 600x338)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
what did he mean by this?
>>
i didn't get much further than alexandria.
>>
>>198535637
This really took me off guard lol. He didn't have to say that
>>
>>198532684
i was young when i picked it up ,used to watch season 1 back in '11 when i was 13 so it wasnt hard to get impressed plus older seasons had a special soul with died with season 6 if i remember
thats where i dropped it
>>
This show died when they introduced Negan as the main villain, every fuckin scene is just strokin this dudes ego, character makes no sense someone like that wouldve gotten betrayed or shanked in 30seconds he wouldve never amassed that many unquestioning slaves with out revolt or retaliation
>>
Like halfway through season 2 when it was originally airing, they were in a prison i believe
>>
>>198534080
Are there two different comics? I read some and it was literally for children and was no longer surprised the show was shit.
>>
>>198533951
>doing the stupidest most unrealistic shit just to get themselves into ridiculously contrived trouble.
Exactly.
>>
>>198534080
>That photo
>"Ah yes the past. Back when I was just a kid at the ripe age of 65"
>>
>>198534181
Same here, almost to the T (I only started reading the comics during S01). I wanted the content to be at least decent so badly but they only dug deeper in the grave. If it wasn't for the comics I wouldn't have lasted longer than S02. Even to this day TWD is the only show I've ever hate-watched. So much content, so little quality. It's indeed almost unreasonable to care about it given the required time investment.
>>
>>198536152
Yeah there was that sinister guy in the prison and Rick fucking buried a machete into his head as soon as he detected that he was a threat

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.