[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 104607-fox-1454b.jpg (99 KB, 1200x630)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
What's the worst ending to any TV show?
>>
Dexter because they figured out how to do it twice.
>>
>>198534323
That dexter follow up show was really beating a dead horse. What a useless shitshow.
>>
Sopranos by a mile. SoA close second.
>>
>>198534323
Just watch the first season and pretend it's a mini-series.
>>
File: 1532123327659.webm (2.85 MB, 1920x1080)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>198534208
>in b4 someone says LOST

The final season overall is a bit of a slog at times, but the actual finale episode itself is one of the best finales ever made.
>>
>>198534208
Game of Thrones
>>
>>198534208
honestly it might be this one because its so easy to end a show like himym. its almost as if they went out of their way to fuck it up
>>
>>198535990
Lost is one of the worst "make it up as we go along" shows and has probably THE worst ending of all time.

I resent everyone who thinks that shit was good. But at the same time, I also laugh at the idiots wasting their time with it by rewatching that shit because they think its good.
>>
>>198535884
first 4 seasons are good. imo they blew their load with having doakes vs dexter as the 2nd season. should have saved it for the final
>>
>>198536050
Are you the autist who shits up every /LOST/ thread?

>has probably THE worst ending of all time.

Only way it's possible to unironically hold this opinion is if you genuinely thought the ending meant that they were dead the whole time.
>>
i don't even know what's the ending of Lost. I tried to finish 6th season bunch of times and i could never do it it. It's so insanely bad. First three seasons are 10/10. 4th is 9/10. 5th is 7/10. 6 is unwatchable crap 2/10
>>
>>198536216
Lmao. I've never been in a single lost thread but I'll sleep well tonight knowing that there's at least one guy shitting up every circlejerk you idiots try to start kek
Nice reddit spacing by the way.
>>
File: 1431017749935.jpg (20 KB, 485x499)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>198536331
There are some nuggets of greatness in season 6. You just need to hold your nose past some of the goofy crap like the temple arc and Sayid becoming a zombie.

I consider Ab Aeterno (season 6, episode 9) and the finale to be 10/10 elite-tier episodes of the show. There are a few other solid episodes in season 6.

I think season 6 as a whole is a lot better on rewatch (when you know exactly what the flash sideways are supposed to be and how they relate to the main story) and also when you are much more focused on the characters rather than the on island plot and trying to make sense of every mystery. It has some of the best character stuff in the entire show, especially Jack's arc.
>>
>>198534208
Ghost Whisperer
>>
>>198536331
>It's so insanely bad
So is the ending.
>>
>>198536379
I don't believe you, but maybe all autists type the same.

So what is so bad about's LOST's ending that would make it the worst ending of all time. I can totally get not liking the ending, but worst of all time??? That's insane. In no fucking universe is it worse than GoT's ending.
>>
>>198534208
Lost
The cape
How i met your mother
The walking dead
>>
>>198536576
What's wrong with the ending?
>>
>>198534208
LOST

GoT

/thread
>>
>>198536612
>Lost is your first answer

OK, this is b8
>>
>>198536216
Are you the autist who shits up every bad ending thread because someone said Lost?
>>
>>
>>198534208
GoT is probably the definitive answer
I can't even think of another huge hitting franchise losing all cultural relevance overnight like GoT did.
>>
>>198535855
Holy filtered
>>
>>198534208
Does Star Wars count? I know, film series, but episode 9 was ... something else in terms of endings. And unlike for LOST, it was Abrams staying on to ruin what he started for once. That has to account for something, right?
>>
>>198536740
>>
>>198536740
Ozark?
Who the fuck watched fucking Ozark to the end anyway?
I lost interest halfway into the first season, and the only reason I even got that far was because of the "Trust me, bro, it becomes just like Breaking Bad" shitposting campaign.
>>
File: 1365114641493.gif (2.04 MB, 324x219)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
>>198536825
Yet another clickbait article that reads like it was half-written by an intern media studies student and half-written by AI that didn't even understand the ending of LOST and referenced the whole "they were dead the whole time" bullshit as if it were an open question and not thoroughly disproved at this point including by an *actual fucking main character* in a line of dialogue in the finale which was included specifically so that the audience wouldn't think they were dead the whole time.

Also, the idea that the LOST finale is more hated than GoT's finale is just so provably untrue. Go look at IMDB ratings for a start.
>>
>>198536825
GoT is more about a final season shitting the bed than a final episode, really.
But by that logic, Lost didn't just lose it at the last episode either. It had nowhere to go from the very start, so that's kinda the whole series being shit.
When we really seriously look at something doing a 180 from the penultimate to the last episode, that has to be How I Met Your Mother, which just states "everything we've been bulding up over the last 20 episodes goes to shit, flashforward to restore the status quo of the first two seasons, flushing anything that came after down the drain".
>>
File: 1638747921732.jpg (76 KB, 1129x698)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>198537008
>It had nowhere to go from the very start, so that's kinda the whole series being shit.

LOL what does this even mean? LOST had nowhere to go from the start? I mean literally, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
Are all Lost fans this insufferable?
>>
>>198537309
We have a chip on our shoulder cause so many retards misunderstood the finale or didn't even watch it but heard from a friend that they were dead the whole time and that the whole show is pointless. It's really irritating.
>>
>>198537184
>LOL what does this even mean?
It's pure JJ Abrams "Mystery Box (TM)" bullshittery.
There is no substance to any of its mysteries.
There was no plan where to take it. There were no themes, no meaning, no gravitas to anything, because everything was just random shit serving mysteries without resolutions.
>>
>>198537411
>they were dead the whole time
Would actually have been better than whatever that ending was actually supposed to imply.
>>
File: cristin.jpg (556 KB, 3704x2778)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>198534208
>Ted and his weird-ass cheekbones ends up with a literal 11/10

Yeah, it was bullshit.
>>
Pirates of Dark Water
>>
LOST.
Hands down LOST.

GoT at least didn't have a mystery going for it, it just ended terribly. But LOST was 6 seasons of building up to this one episode that was SO incredibly bad, the show is still regarded as unwatchable to this day.
>>
>>198537411
>so many retards misunderstood the finale or didn't even watch it but heard from a friend that they were dead the whole time and that the whole show is pointless. It's really irritating.
They're not technically dead, but since the entire point of the show ended up being that this specific group of people were just destined to die and go to multicultural heaven together it amounts to the same thing. And yes It was really irritating.

>>198537518
>There were no themes, no meaning, no gravitas to anything, because everything was just random shit serving mysteries without resolutions.
Yep, the mysteries and prophecies went nowhere, and while the character backstories were generally well done in the end they were also pointless since what shaped these people didn't end up meaning anything in their actions/fate on the island.
>>
>>198534208
the show that filtered millions

The first episode was literally setting up his love and arc with Robin
>>
File: 1713136810111157.jpg (42 KB, 698x609)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>198537518
>JJ Abrams
Barely had anything to do with the show outside of directing the pilot and a few general ideas for season 1.

>There is no substance to any of its mysteries.
Wrong.

>There was no plan where to take it.
Not how 99% of tv shows are made. No one knew LOST would be such a hit. Why would they have more than a season planned out in advance?

>There were no themes
Wrong.

>no meaning
Wrong.

>no gravitas to anything
Wrong and I can only assume you still think they were dead the whole time if you believe this.

>because everything was just random shit serving mysteries
wrong

>without resolutions
Almost every mystery introduced has an answer which can at least be inferred if it isn't already spelt out clearly to the viewer.

Confirmed for having not actually watched the show.
>>
>>198537620
Could have used a lot more Milioti as she is great. In the very brief scenes we see her interacting with the gang the whole last wedding weekend season could have featured her interacting with the gand and in in present and flash-forward scenes building up to meeting ted. Not wait until the second to last episode, followed by literally the worst final episode I have ever seen.
>>
>>198537620
Early life
>>
File: 1489260004605.png (149 KB, 505x431)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>198537750

You are thinking of Game of Thrones. LOST is regarded as one of the all time great shows and great final seasons. You need to rewatch Kino you are not ready for this board.
>>
Succession is a good recent example.
>>
File: 1713906537276.jpg (775 KB, 1920x1080)
775 KB
775 KB JPG
>>198534208
They shat the bed hard, with the awful wigs and dean's death, their only excuse was having to film the last episodes mid pandemic and the only redeemable thing was pissing off every shiper and fujo so much, they collectively ignore the last episodes
>>
>>198537783
>They're not technically dead
>technically

They're not dead, for fuck sake.

>it amounts to the same thing

LMAO. Jesus Christ. No it doesn't. Every character lived their own lives. Some characters escaped the island and lived totally full lives for many years after the finale. This is explained clearly by Christian in the episode itself. JESUS, how is this so difficult to understand for some people? This has to be bait.
>>
>that one reddit spacing lost fanboy having a melty in the thread at everyone saying lost
the memes write themselves
>>
>>198537823
>Barely had anything to do with the show outside of directing the pilot and a few general ideas for season 1.
He literally gave a TED talk, explaining in excruciating detail (well, as much detail as you can expect from a pompous hack like him) how he made Lost, and his Mystery Box (TM) design philosophy. In which he very much confurms what I wrote and proves you
>Wrong.

Look it up on Youchube.
>>
>>198535990
Biggest fucking waste-of-time series ever. Fuck LOST, and fuck Damon Lindelof.
>>
File: 1681202880802309.gif (1.82 MB, 300x277)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB GIF
>>198537823
Its funny how your only argument is accusing people of thinking they were dead the whole time, despite nobody in this thread thinking they were dead the whole time.
>>
>>198537750
>>198537783
>>198537568
>>198537518
>>198537309
>>198536825
>>198536216

All the above posts are the same person. I refuse to believe there are this many people who are so stupid. Has to be the same autist. He even writes the same.
>>
File: lgjvs21ynv021.jpg (41 KB, 832x563)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>198536540
Some say you`re a ghost whisperer. Well if you truly are a ghost whisperer, then you'll let me talk to my dead wife!
>>
>>198537941
>Every character lived their own lives. Some characters escaped the island and lived totally full lives for many years after the finale.
Okay. So what? What's the point?
Had they gone with some "Dead all along and in purgatory" bullshit, that would at least have provided some post-hoc rationalization and forcefully inserted some meaning into the whole pointless excercise that was Lost. But instead they let it peter out with ... they lived until they eventually died.
>>
>>198534208
HIMYM, Dexter and the Netflix reboot of Arrested Development by far. Chuck is up there.

Mad Men is the best ending in television history by far.
>>
File: IMG_2760.jpg (537 KB, 1000x1479)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>198534208
I wouldn’t say the show was good but the ending was so bad people literally pretended there was a secret 4th episode because they couldn’t believe how absolutely shit the final episode was
>>
>>198538015
Hilarious because we know the only person ITT defending that shitty ending is actually you, just you and only you.
>>
>>198537994
I've literally asked about 10 different people ITT (even though I suspect it is 1 autist who is shitting up the thread) to tell me why they think the ending is so bad and no one has given me a serious answer.
>>
>>198538015
you just quoted your own post retard
>>
>>198536890
I thought the earlier ones were worth slogging through.
But the entire last season is so bad. Every character acts only to resolve plot points and nothing like their actual characters. The final scene isn't awful, but it in itself felt like an episode ender, not the entire series.
>>
>>198537893
>t. Never seen an italian-american
>>
File: 1366986943507.jpg (39 KB, 634x584)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>198538040
Your argument seems to be that the entire show is pointless because every character dies eventually, even though we all die eventually so I guess that makes life itself pointless, and every other tv show pointless.
>>
>>198538062
you've lost the argument the moment you started pretending that the ending of lost isnt universally regarded as one of the worst of all time, and somehow pretend that its news to you that needs to be explained.

how about you read 14 years of articles and comments on why its bad before trying the "give me a reason!" argument you schizo, which btw, people have given you. but autistic as you are, you simply go with the "does not count" defense.
>>
>>198538174
>Your argument seems to be that the entire show is pointless because every character dies eventually
No, moron. The argument is that it's pointless because between episode 1 and the characters dying, not a single thematically meaningful thing happens. They're just stuck on an island, and eventually, some of them aren't. That's ... plot, I guess? Not a particularly interesting plot, but, hey, plot! But well, plot is ALL it ever is.
>>
>>198538174
>lostfags think this is a compelling argument
You need to go back to your forced shit show general buddy. Because obviously you're too cucked to realize that people don't wanna invest in 6 season of a TV show, only to end in utter pointlessness.
>>
>>198537927
Supernatural died many years before it ended, nobody was still watching and thought that it was still good. There's a lot of long running shows like this.
At least the real ending (Season 5) was perfect.
>>
>>198538260
>>198538265
Confirmed for never having watched the show. And if you did watch it, you have absolutely no soul or sense of empathy.
>>
I never watched the ending. Can you both explain it to me and I'll decide who's right?
>>
File: ffffffffff.jpg (46 KB, 480x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>198534208
The last season wasn't a great setup already, but the finale of HIMYM was literally the most catastrophic derailment I've ever seen. It retroactively tanked the show's rewatch value somehow. It undid the comfy of the show in a single episode. They must have lost millions in syndication re-airings on basic cable.
>>
Dexter is painful simply because of how obvious to everyone what the ending would have and should have been. It was on at the same time as Breaking Bad, and followed a lot of similarities to that show.

The endgame to a show like Dexter from the start is that everyone has to find out, and either he gets caught or goes out in a blaze of glory (see: walter white). He is a serial killer who works for a police department - from the jump the end game HAS to be the department finds out and we get a man hunt. It's absolutely incredible how the writers pussy footed around this. The reactions of his friends, family, etc. all finding out would've been raw kino

As someone earlier said, Doakes season should've been a glimpse of what that finale could've been. S1 was great, S2 was bold and literally had no idea how the writers would get him out of it, S3 was sign of the mediocrity to come, and S4 was lightning in a bottle with Lithgow. Everything after that sucked
>>
>>198538341
>you have absolutely no soul or sense of empathy
Watch JJ Abram's TED talk about Lost and afterwards tell me what kind of "soul" Lost had.
>>
File: 1568725091981.png (198 KB, 693x598)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>198538383
the whole show sucked from the beginning dumbass redditor
>>
>>198538355
>the ending
Which one? Many endings have been brought up in here.
The one in the OP is basically: They meet, they fall in love, flash forward to when she dies, he goes back to a girl that he'd gotten over years ago.
>>
I actually think the worst ending to any TV show was House of Cards
Nobody cared about House of Cards at this point so no one cared about the finale, which causes it to not even get mentioned in these threads. And I get that.

But House of Card's finale was truly one of the worst hours of television I've ever watched. Staggeringly bad.
>>
>>198537620
she looks like the tourette's streamer
>>
File: 1695619633542153.jpg (106 KB, 600x457)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>
>>198538481
Sorry, I was talking to the LOST guys.
>>
I don't know if it counts as an 'ending' since it was unplanned but GLOW got unceremoniously cancelled as part of Netflix's mass-culling of shows during covid, and Season 3 has a downer ending which was clearly a setup so that Season 4 could resolve everything, but because of the cancellation the show just fucking ends abruptly with almost everyone getting the shittest possible ending.
>>
>>198538156
Oh yeah Joshua Radnor a very italian name and surname combination. I'm not even gonna link the wiki page. But made me reply /10, good bait.
>>
>>198538598
Kek, I love shit like that. Like Alf where they thought they were getting a movie, so the series ends with Alf getting taken away to be dissected by the FBI.
>>
>>198538437
So you didn't actually watch the show.
>>
Sopranos, only because I hate Journey and “Don’t Stop Believin’”. Utter dogshit band and song.
>>
>>198538626
haha that's great
>>
>>198538556
Yeah, good luck with that. That one's just an incoherent mess. They escape (well, some of them do), and then you're shown them all meeting up in a church being all serene and happy. Make of that what you will.
(Maybe the one Lost fanboy in here will give you his particular interpretation if you ask him nicely.)
>>
Dinosaurs, where everyone fucking dies at the end
>>
>>198538498
House Of Cards died when they killed off Kate Mara's character and that one alcoholic senator, and then failed to make up for it with new characters.
Last episode I saw was the one with the bad Putin impersonator and literal actual Pussy Riot.
>>
>>198538651
So you didn't actually watch the TED talk where Abrams, full of pride, admits that Lost has no point or meaning.
>>
>>198538355
Lost was about people who were lost in their lives and 'found' themselves on the island they crash landed on. In the finale, they met up with each other after death and after resolving the issues they weren't able to during their lives, then moved on to whatever comes next.
>>
File: finale of LOST.png (471 KB, 620x420)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>198538556
I'm not going to spoil it exactly, but if you're someone who has never seen the show before, the general controversy around the ending is to do with the whole idea that the characters were dead the whole time and that they died in the initial plane crash and the whole show was a form of purgatory. This is completely false and has been widely debunked by both fans who know what they're talking about and the creators, crew and cast of the show themselves, and there is even a line of dialogue that exists in the finale for the sole reason of making sure people didn't believe that theory.

Unfortunately, LOST is not like GoT which kept building viewers from season to season. LOST started very hot with huge ratings for season 1 and 2 but a bunch of people gave up on the show around season 3 and then returned just for the finale thinking that it would explain the whole show. However, the finale makes really almost no sense unless you've been watching the whole show closely, especially the final season. Those casual viewers didn't understand the finale and actually came away with a totally false idea of what the finale was supposed to mean and were very vocal about spreading it and this is how LOST came to be regarded as having such a terrible finale.

For more, watch this video, though it will contain spoilers and probably won't make a whole lot of sense unless you know a few things already about the show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsHPV6dIjsM
>>
>>198536740
Sopranos' ending doesn't suck if you know it's coming. It probably does if you don't, because you think there's something wrong with the system or that can't be the last episode.
>>
>>198538977
>after resolving the issues they weren't able to during their lives
?
>>
>>198539006
For example, one character had issues with his father that he never resolved, so in the afterlife he created a scenario where he was a father (Wasn't one in his lifetime) so he could understand how his own father felt so he could let go.
>>
>>198538962
Abrams has almost nothing to do with Lost.

You're talking like the whole show is his entire vision put to screen. It's a Lindelof show through and through... and frankly, that's a good thing.
>>
>>198538921
Yeah, pretty much everyone stopped watching long before the finale, which I get, the show becomes pretty bad and I don't even know why I finished it. I'm one of the few that even saw the finale which is why it's underrated in it's awfulness
Because despite the show being pretty bad at this point, especially the final season, the finale was stand-out bad. I remember being in actual physical pain watching it.
>>
>>198538598
It should never have had a Season 3. The story had a great conclusion for Season 2 and the characters had nothing to do after that except have forced conflict and give arbitrary storylines to minor characters.
>>
File: Come home white man.png (172 KB, 400x400)
172 KB
172 KB PNG
>>198539053
>For example, one character had issues with his father that he never resolved, so in the afterlife he created a scenario where he was a father (Wasn't one in his lifetime) so he could understand how his own father felt so he could let go.

One of the best parts of season 6, yet assholes ITT would have you believe that it's all meaningless.
>>
>>198537620
>literal 11/10
She's a discount Jennifer Love Hewitt at best. Who is an actual 10/10.
>>198536540
>>
>>198539066
Lindelof is a hack and his fans are worse than rian johnson dickriders.
>>
>>198537941
>They're not dead, for fuck sake.
You're really hung up on this point, no one in this thread thinks they were dead the whole time. It's just that when the whole point of the show ends up being "they all died and went to Heaven together the end." that it becomes one of the worst endings ever. It retroactively makes all the mysteries and character work feel pointless.

>Some characters escaped the island and lived totally full lives for many years after the finale
Right so what was the point of the island at all? The producers just used the mysteries to keep everyone watching and then even though they had two years warning to try and actually write an interesting and satisfying ending literally said nope and just came up with Heaven buddies. Fucking Heaven buddies! All the mysteries and prophecies and the special child all meant nothing, the statue the smoke monster all of it was just killing time until Heaven. Then they went online and said if you actually expected answers to the mysteries in their mystery show that was your fault because they never intended to resolve any of it. The clearest way I can explain it is that the ending of Lost was so disconnected from the narrative of the show up to that point, that you could change everything about the show itself and not affect the ending at all. If they're all just destined to spend the afterlife together the previous seasons could have been all of them working in the army or as firefighters or anything else with backstories and life drama. It's earned it's reputation as one of the worst endings of all time.
>>
>>198538058
everything past the second season was unwatchable. even with that the second season finale was pretty shit especially in retrospect. hound of the baskervilles was the last good episode of that show
>>
>>198539066
>Abrams has almost nothing to do with Lost.
PLEASE just watch the fucking TED talk already.
>>
File: Peter TV.jpg (208 KB, 1047x782)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>How I Met Your Mother
Why is the voice of the guy from the future Bob Saget? The guy on the show's already an adult, so it's not like he's gonna grow into Bob Saget. Doesn't make sense.
>>
File: worst_tv_show.png (49 KB, 1026x412)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>
>>198539367
>it's not like he's gonna grow into Bob Saget.
You'd be surprised how many people grow into Bob Saget as they get older.
>>
>>198536533
You sound absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>198539297
>It retroactively makes all the mysteries and character work feel pointless.

Fucking how? I just don't get it. Like I just can't understand your perspective and makes me think you really just don't get the concept of the flash sideways at all. It's not a happy place where all previous season's worth of character work gets undone and everyone gets a blank slate and start afresh and moves on into heaven. It sounds like you think that's what it is.
>>
>>198539357
So that's a yes, then. You didn't watch LOST. I bet you've not even watched The Leftovers either? Kek, what a fucking pleb.
>>
>>198538982
>>198538977
That sounds pretty neat and pretty satisfying if you've been following these characters for years. On the surface, it sounds a lot like the ending to The Good Place, and I mean that as a high compliment.
>>
>>198539477
Go on person who hasn't even watched season 6. Please tell me why I sound ridiculous.
>>
>>198539618
>So that's a yes, then.
A yes to you not having watched Abrams proudly tell how he was the guy who set up Lost to go nowhere? Indeed.
>>
>>198538048
Chuck had a terrible final season, but I wouldn't say the ending was horrible
>>
>>198538277
I kept watching for the fun episodes that didn't take themselves seriously and were not connected to the overall arc.
>>
A lot of shows have shit endings

Seinfeld, scrubs, ATLA, ATLOK, scooby doo mystery inc, Malcolm in the middle, venture bros, samurai Jack, primal, gravity falls, Arkham knight, etc…
I could keep going but I’ve run out of shows to name.
>>
>>198534323
Dexter died with Doakes. Literally and figuratively, cause goddamn was that death scene terrible. Everybody hates how Dexter went out, but Doakes got it worse. Fuck that stupid bitch.
>>
>>198536789
I’m so happy it did. Was honestly sick to death of faggot shilling it at every get together.
>>
>>198539477
You sound like a faggot
>>
>>198539865
Korra's ending isn't that bad, at least not especially worse than the rest of book 4.
>>
>>198536740
Eh, I think The Sopranos has a great ending once you've spent some time with it, although it is shocking at first. People still debate it nearly 20 years later.
>>
>>198539865
Seinfeld's ending gets way too much hate. If the show aired today, people would love it.
>>
>>198539986
All they had to do is get the group out on a technicality at the last minute!
>>
>>198538982
The general controversy was that they marketed the show as "look at these cool mysteries, watch to find out what they mean" then bailed out with no coherent plan for the mysteries and claimed it had been a character study all along despite 99% of the characters being flat and retarded
>>
File: 1693596527669361.jpg (36 KB, 636x464)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>198534208
>build and build and build the mother up to be perfect
>manage to complete the impossible task of actually creating and casting a character that fits the mould and is incredibly likeable to boot
>kill her off and break up another couple youve spent like 6 seasons developing when its been made clear in like 35 previous episodes that your mc and that person dont work together
what were they fucking thinking
yeah its just a stupid sitcom but ive literally never seen a bigger case of self-sabotage, even the dexter ending isnt nearly as bad
>>
>>198539967
It was a lesbian reveal cop out ending because the show was losing viewership and because they couldn’t figure out how to deal with the vines destroying the city.
>>
>>198539583
>It sounds like you think that's what it is.
No, lol I actually thought the flash sideways was going to redeem the entire narrative. When everyone was preemptively saying that the Lost writers weren't going to resolve anything two years out from the finale I was defending it. My argument was that even if they didn't have a fully thought out narrative at the time with two years they would be able to map out and create a satisfying ending from the complicated mystery within mysteries narrative they had created. So when the flash sideways narrative started I thought here we go this alternate reality is somehow going to be the key to all the mysteries and explain why these characters are important to the overall plot. Would they have to work together with alternate versions of themselves from another timeline? Was the island some sort of multiverse anchor between realities? Would they merge with these new alternates and the lessons they learned on the island would somehow inform these new characters to take action relevant to the overall mysterious plot? And nope, it was all just more filler because like I said they're all just Heaven Buddies and everything else was just killing time until the disconnected resolution. Which retroactively makes all the mysteries and character work feel pointless.
>>
>>198539986
Personally I just thought for an episode about bringing back old characters, they skipped quite a lot of them. Didn’t feel as grand as it should have to me at least.
>>
>>198539621
The problem is that nobody watched Lost for the characters. They watched for the mysteries.
It would be like following baseball all season then the world series was them doing macramé and singing and you got yelled at for complaining because "it's about the PLAYERS not some stupid bat and ball stuff"
>>
>>198539865
>scrubs
Scrubs' ending wasn't bad. The spinoff-season they tacked onto it was. Kinda. Because they didn't have the guts to let the spinoff stand on its own and instead sold it as a continuation of something that it was not.
>Malcolm in the middle
Unspectacular, but far from bad.
>>
>>198539888
SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>198539986
It was sort of an unwinnable situation. People had astronomical expectations for Seinfeld's finale, and it was the biggest show on TV at the time. I think it's a solid episode, but it couldn't meet people's unrealistic expectations.
>>
Lost has a very bad finale but it was a very bad show by that point and I enjoyed just having some semblance of closure. It's a series you watch once and never again.

For me some really bad endings were:

Xfiles - both in the original run and the reboot. Absolutely the blueprint for Lost in that it becomes increasingly obvious that there was never any plan cohering all these loose threads so the show just has to make something up which doesn't explain shit in the last episode

The Haunting of Hill House. A show I really disliked but which is quite popular. It seems everyone agrees at least the ending sucks. For me the show was melodramatic and too much like a typical soap opera. Which would be fine but why did it have to use the novel by Shirley jackson, one of the most cynical and black pilled horror authors of all time, to pull a cheesy "family is all that matters, love yourself and others will love you" tacky ass message. Jackson would roll in her grave

Sherlock, the benedict cumberbatch one. Another show a lot of people like apart from me but where everyone agrees the ending is garbage. Almost admirable in its contempt for its own audience and disinterest in anything close to a plot or satisfying resolve.

And for my final pick.... Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Show had been weak for a few seasons but the ending being a lame clipshow of different cameos by celebrities feels so cheap and tacky to me, really corny self referential holyweird shit
>>
>>198537927
Jensen didn't really like the ending either and desu they should have just ended it with the episode before it, where Jack became God.
>>
>>198540238
>blueprint for Lost in that it becomes increasingly obvious that there was never any plan cohering all these loose threads
X-Files was always mainly an episodic "case of the week" type of series. The overarching plot about aliens abducting Mulder's sister that spiralled into some elite conspiracy bullshit really only ever was there to justify it being a single series and giving the characters a semblance of continuity.
You cannot say the same for Lost, which was not episodic in that sense (other than having character backstory episodes early on) and always put the mystery at the center of everything.
>>
>>198538341
i dont think ive ever loved a show this much and i probably never will again, i feel genuine sadness for people who either didnt enjoy it or wont give it a chance.
>>
File: doctor who ending.jpg (7 KB, 300x168)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
not a bad ending, but a bad missed opportunity for a great ending would be doctor who

>the doctor keeps refusing to regenerate and eventually after sacrificing himself to the cybermen so everyone can escape, he has one last encounter with the first version of himself
>has to inspire himself on how to be the doctor and also gets a nice humbling
>he gets to save the universe one last time, by setting the doctor (1st) on his journey
>the doctors shake hands and the 1st doctor says 'good luck, doctor', which is what he himself needs to hear
>the 12th doctor says 'goodbye, doctor', which is what he himself needs to hear
>the 12th doctor goes to his tardis, sets co-ordinates for trenzalore, and dies in flight

the only possible left over plot thread from the entire 60 years of the show in this circumstance is 'The Curator' in the 50th anniversary, and this is very easily explained away (and much better than him being an unknown future doctor) is that The Curator is actually the human carnation of the 4th doctors face, much like the roman guy is the human incarnation of the 12th doctors face

even if people arent 100% satisfied by all that (and having bill suddenly become an omnipotent entity is still retarded) but with very little changes and just deciding to end the show on a high rather than turning it into a weapon for women and gays and immigrants is obviously the better future
>>
>>198540040
ive never watched the show but that ending makes me want to watch it, i want to get a semblance of how bad the whiplash was for the fans
>>
>>198540160
The finale season, non-spinoff, was unwatchable
The behind the scenes reason for it was ‘we had been working with the cast for so long, we wanted to keep them employed’

The boom mic operator was doing a fine job but a TV show isn’t a job program, really VERY low quality final season
>>
File: 1705368767346364.png (2.44 MB, 1920x1080)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
>>198540238
>It's a series you watch once and never again.

Total horseshit. It's infinitely rewatchable. Worth watching again just for the music and the scenery if nothing else.
>>
File: 1576029404377.jpg (606 KB, 1917x1080)
606 KB
606 KB JPG
>>198540416
Same.
>>
>>198535990
LOST is actual unfiltered KINO from beginning to end on a rewatch.

The way they made shit up just makes it more interesting to watch instead of carefully laying a plan. Which is a BORING way to make a tv show.
>>
>>198540754
>>198540790
please give it a rest, no one in the entire thread has agreed with you
>>
>>198536586
because they tried to do "what was really LOST were the friends we made along the way" instead of something resembling a resolution. treating every plotline as its own isolated "show," and all connections between them as random. It was lazy and insulting.
>>
>>198536789
>I can't even think of another huge hitting franchise losing all cultural relevance overnight like GoT did.

Lost did it first
>>
>>198538058
>>198539298
the entire show is completely unwatchable
>>
>>198537927
The show ended in season 5 where satan tells Dean no matter what he does he'll always end up here. Which is a fine ending, since in revelations everything goes to shit and God eventually gets off his ass and saves everyone.
>>
>>198538058
>Moriarty isnt pretending to be gay to gross out sherlock
>Hes just that over the top and gay
>Could easily kill sherlock and Watson's
>leaves
>Beats sherlock
>kills himself
>Watson wife is a secret agent
>Dies
>Long lost sister planned the entire thing from the start to torment sherlock

The show was always bad and you should feel bad or liking it. The very first episode is an asspull where sherlock tells us the killer is the taxi driver and he still gets caught by the taxi driver becasue part of his plan was getting caught darkknight style bullshit.
>>
>>198534208
Better Call Saul. No way jimmy found redemption in one episode, after half a season of being a complete douchebag
>>
>>198541044
Except most people stop watching LOST during season 3. It wasn't the biggest show on tv like GoT was during its final season.
>>
>>198538982
Your "refutation" to "dead the whole time" is "the afterlife isn't real, so they couldn't have been dead the whole time." As "the line" is just mealymouthed bullshit amounting to "yes everything was real and mattered"
>>
>>198534208
I hated the ending to the Spiderman animated series I watched because it wasn't an ending. Madam Web takes Peter to find MJ who got thrown to a different dimension or something and the episode ends with them going through a portal and that's it. There is no following episode.
>>
File: 1713892811094198.gif (581 KB, 245x250)
581 KB
581 KB GIF
>>198541349
>>
>>198538383
I never even made it close to the last season and never bothered to look into it any further but I’ve heard so many times that the finale is just complete trash without actually knowing any details whatsoever. What went so wrong?
>>
>>198540416
>>198540790
you've decided to ignore reality and live in a fantasy world where lost's ending was anything but shit. everyone else feels sorry for you. You're like a battered wife or prostitute who tells himself his pimp actually loves him.
>>
File: 1697197727859109.jpg (96 KB, 873x1024)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
It was never the end of Lost that was so bad, it was the entire fucking show that was so bad. Fucking kys if you enjoyed even one fucking episode of that trash [fgt].
>>
>>198541430
You think
>they can't have been dead the whole time, died in the crash, etc
because one character says
>everything that happened was real and mattered
in the last episode. Thus, you believe they couldn't have died in the crash, because the afterlife isn't real.
>>
File: LOST imdb scores.png (189 KB, 720x1348)
189 KB
189 KB PNG
>>198541639
Check imdb ratings in comparison to GoT
>>
>>198541700
nta but to add to this, its fairly intuitive that if someone says 'everything that happened was real and mattered' its because it explicetly isnt real
an example would be that if you had a dream about actively deciding to push someone off a cliff and doing it, you could say 'i actually did make that choice, it was real'. if you actually pushed someone off a cliff IRL you wouldnt need to say that
>>
Better Call Saul. I'm flabbergasted no one has mentioned it yet.
>>
>>198541740
>imdb
had been corrupted/useless for years before lost ended, and jj abrams literally invented internet marketing/astroturf.
>>
>>198541780
im not flabbergasted that phoneposting retards can't read the thread and see that BCS was infact mentioned already
>>
File: Jackface.png (428 KB, 853x480)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>198541660
Fuck off, zoomer
>>
File: trans rights.gif (1.29 MB, 480x337)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>>198541740
>its not bad, look at the ratings
>>ignores more than a decade worth of reviews and even admissions from the writers themselves that the ending is dogshit
>>
>>198541319
This. The final season had its up’s and downs but I went in with zero real expectations and just gave it an objective, fair shot and I was still disappointed. My gf was a lot more invested in the show at that point than I was because I was a bit burnt out on it but she was watching it all for the first time in the months leading up to the final season airing and when we watched that finale together she was genuinely pissed off. Taking the plea deal and doing the tiniest amount of time possible was the most Saul Goodman/Jimmy McGill thing that could happen and I refuse to believe he’d throw that insane deal away and go to prison for the rest of his life just because Rhea Seahorns character gave him a look of disappointment in the courtroom and he felt all guilty or some shit. God that was so fucking gay now I’m getting annoyed thinking about it
>>
>>198541781
Make a post right now on one of the GoT subreddits and on the LOST subreddit asking what the sub's general opinion of the finale of each respective show is. I guaran-damn-tee you that LOST's subreddit has a far more favorable view of its finale. Anyone who is a fan of both shows already knows this. It barely even needs spelt out. GoT fans are SEETHing at D&D as well as George R.R. Martin for not finishing the book. LOST fans widely regard the finale episode as one of the best episodes of the entire show.
>>
>>198541810
>zoomer
I'm a middle aged man you retarded twat.
>>
>>198535884
this is the move. kino story
>>
>>198541358
They met the syndication requirement of 65 episodes. No reason to continue on with it.
>>
>>198541887
No thanks. You can go hang out on Reddit all you want though, feel free
>>
>>198541887
Go back.
>>
>>198541844
>ignores more than a decade worth of reviews

Contemporaneous reviews of the finale by critics were mixed to positive at the time and have only gotten more positive as the years have passed. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
desu i dropped better call saul when the lawyer shit took a backseat and we fell back into mexican gang war shit. chuck/howard/saul/kim are so much more interesting compared to tuco, nacho and even mike, and the gang shit is just retreading old ground whereas full time lawyer kino is quite underpresented in TV these days

>>198541887
>use reddit
having 2 digit IQ is literally a prerequisite to use that site, which explains your schizo rambling this thread. i recommend you stay there where as you admit yourself you will find people of a similar level of intelligence who will agree with you
>>
>>198541887
Go back.
>>
File: 1695518134692654.webm (2.97 MB, 720x404)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>the jig is up m8 here are your choices
>you can either get a symbolic slap on the wrist and spend like 6 months in a country club and be on your way
>or you could rot in hardcore prison for the rest of your life but some woman (singular) won't be "disappointed" in you
Hmmmmm
>>
>>198541957
>deny reality
once again you are just flat out ignoring anything that disagrees with you, which includes literally googling 'worst tv endings of all time' and LOST appearing on every single list
>>
File: Laughing whores.jpg (51 KB, 624x632)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>198541905
That's even worse!!!
>>
>>198538058
This show was shit past season 2 when Benedict became super famous and they suddenly didn't want Sherlock to have the tism anymore, he's literally a different character in season 3 and 4 and suddenly is fully capable at relating to normal people, unless it's for a gag in which case he reverts back to his intended personality
>>
File: 1657191592391.png (3.21 MB, 2048x2305)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>you have to be as retarded as a redditor to enjoy the lost ending
NOW it all makes sense
>>
>>198541887
>the "people" who refused to admit they got conned praise their con artist

no shit. also go back.
>>
>>198541846
The writers knew how retarded the ending was as well, which is why he gets two poorly written and extremely far-fetched flashbacks to establish why his decision is plausible.

It's so fucking stupid, I'm still pissed about it. In the flashbacks, why would Saul bring up the time machine hypothetical if his own thoughts on the thought experiment are so fucking mundane? It makes no fucking sense.
>>
File: 1408553653096 (1).jpg (43 KB, 500x294)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>198541948
>>198541949
>>198541965
>>198541990
Stop to think for a moment, retards. Where the fuck else would I go to access hardcore LOST fans? Do you know of some other fan site that is as active as the LOST subreddit?
>>
File: 1700217770004374.jpg (62 KB, 302x302)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>198538982
Ah yes...the art of "Shaggy Dog" storytelling, where you tune in week after week and season after season, waiting to get a good look at that shaggy dog at long last. And at the end, the dog wasn't that shaggy and to tell the truth, the telling of the fucking story sucked, too. But you wanted to see the dog so badly, piecing together every scrap of detail about this amazingly shaggy dog...

X-Files was the pioneer of this shit...the black goo, the alien mercenary, the bees, the super soldier, Scully's babby. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>198542092
>>198541998
>>198541965
stop watching at perfect day. they were forced to do the "crime doesn't pay" ending.
>>
>>198542043
Literally 90% of those articles are Buzzfeed trash written by AI and even the ones I have read by actual journalists are fucking terrible and you can tell they never understood the show.
>>
>>198542114
you go to reddit to find a safe echochamber where no dissenting opinion is allowed
>>
>>198542114
Why on earth would I want to talk to turbo sperg Lost fans for fucks sake, it’s bad enough that you’re here
>>
>>198542114
you realise that having 5 or so people of 100+ IQ telling you that you're wrong is infinitely more valuable than 1000 people with diagnosed mental illnesses agreeing with you, right?
>>
>>198542131
Confirmed for not actually watching the show.
>>
>>198542152
ok and all the positive comments about lost are written by you, an autistic manchild redditor
i'll take the AI which at the very least has some form of intelligence
>>
>>198542175
>>198542177
Didn't answer my question. I want to talk to both knowledgeable LOST and GoT fans. People who have actually watched the show several times and who consider themselves fans of the show, not just casual viewers who watched it once back in the day. Where is the best place to access such people?
>>
>>198542152
If by "understand the show" you mean "it was always a character study of these flat/inane retards," then you have to take issue with abrams and lindelof, who insisted the entire time the show would have a resolution, that they had a plan, that it would all come together, etc. As they actively hindered people's ability to "understand" the worst, most boring aspects of the show, were the actual focus.
>>
>>198542140
What is this the 90s? Where was their anti-gun and drugs r bad episode too?
>>
>>198542231
We all already told you that we in fact don’t so why don’t you go there instead please and stop sullying this thread with your autistic psychobabble
>>
>>198542231
you want to talk to people who validate what you already think, in a place where contradiction of the popular narrative is punished/banned.

this is in line with how you feel reality itself is antagonizing you.
>>
>>198542231
>I want to talk to both knowledgeable LOST and GoT fans.
you have been this entire time you fucking faggot, this website is called 4chan and this board is solely for TV, hope that isnt too confusing for you
>>
>>198542188
yeah you're right, because what actually happens is even worse: they flat out have the characters explain all the major mysteries of the show, so that dumb shits like you feel satisfied.
>>
File: 1712703596724618.jpg (53 KB, 348x348)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>198542270
Still not answering my question, kek.
>>
>the entire thread is now just some Lost stan screeching
It's been 15 years dude god damn.
>>
>>198542231
>enters the thread saying that 1 schizo has a crusade against lost's ending
>>its actually him who is on the autistic crusade for the opposite reason
my fucking sides
>>
>>198542310
Because NOBODY CARES stop spamming about Reddit please
>>
>>198542310
Except your question has been answered a few times. You go back and you stay there.
>>
>>198542316
>stan
you can also go back with him
>>
File: 1635501168546.jpg (94 KB, 599x555)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>198542188
Guess I knew the dog wasn't that shaggy in the first place. Like the shaggy dire wolf in Game of Thrones.
>>
The rebooted BSG. Get to Earth, Starbuck is a literal ghost, let's destroy all our technology up to and including medicine, and hey, it may or may not all happen again because shit can by cyclical...or not.
>>
>>198541887
>muh redditors like it
Kek.
>>
File: IMG_0618.jpg (465 KB, 1296x729)
465 KB
465 KB JPG
I wasn’t as upset with the LOST, GoT, and Sopranos endings since we got some sort of closure. Even if it wasn’t what we wanted for those beloved characters.
Succession was some fucking bullshit though.
>These characters you’ve been following for 40 episodes learned nothing and will continue to be miserable. You only win by sucking up to those in power. Marriages are transactional for billionaires. What a black pill.
>>
>>198542505
i'd marry someone i couldn't care less about if it meant becoming a billionaire. easy choice.
>>
>>198542337
Where do I go, other than Reddit?
>>
>>198542114
>Where the fuck else would I go to access hardcore LOST fans?
Right. Where else would you find people with standards (and self respect) so low they still consider themselves Lost fans after all this time, if not on fucking /r/eddit?
>>
>>198542545
off the roof, faggot
>>
>>198542505
Would it help you be less filtered if you understood that Logan Roy was a mean old son of a bitch and the show's villain and not some wise old man?
>>
>>198542544
That’s every marriage in the show. Nobody loves their wife or husband. Your spouse is just another status symbol. Like a car or watch. Also the MC’s kids aren’t even his but the show just glosses over it.
>>
>>198539297
>Right so what was the point of the island at all?
Every single person on the island lived a miserable life back home. The island was there to help them heal and become better people. Even a child could have figured that one out. Are you that atheist crybaby who always whines about lost having religious overtones? lol
Man of science
Man of faith
Good
Evil
Etc etc
It was all there from the very first season
>>
File: 1695630753232257.png (837 KB, 752x717)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
the first and only time i watched lost was years after it aired and it was pure kino. everyone who is into tv shows should watch it.
got's ending was shit but the show was garbage for at least 3 seasons before then, so it doesn't matter.
the worst ending for a show was rome because it could have been the greatest kino of all time but the budget reasons or whatever happened there meant the entire second season was twisted into misfortune.
>>
>>198542612
>lived a miserable life back home. The island was there to help them heal
So you're arguing they weren't miserable on the island?
>>
>>198542612
>It was all there from the very first season
this thread is about endings though
>>
>>198542545
the reason all the people who are still fans of lost hide on reddit is because they need the protection echo chambers provide.
>>
>>198542612
>It was all there from the very first season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpjVgF5JDq8
>>
>>198539583
He isn't saying its a blank slate, he's saying that the ultimate ending (meeting in the afterlife) is inconsequential to the rest of the story, and that the characters could have developed in any direction and still had that ending "fit". Making it a bad ending, since what they did in the show didn't affect it at all.
>>
>>198542612
>randomly starts crying about atheism
>>
>>198542505
Succession's ending was mediocre overall. I would have needed ophthalmic surgery for severe eyerolling trauma if they suddenly all resolved their differences and worked happily together in the very last episode. It's a weird one to judge because the 'ending' is really stretched out in each episode's themes for more than half the last season. This is probably a shit take, but sometimes I really think writers for drama shows need to be in the dark about the show finishing until the last 1 or 2 episodes because that's more often how endings irl work.
>>
>>198540948
I agree with him
>>
>>198542725
>>198542505
succession was mediocre/bad from the start. like >>198542594 mentions, the best character in the show is supposed to be the "villain."
>>
>>198542754
man, its a good thing they removed the unique poster counter, now no one can tell when you samefag.
>>
File: goku.jpg (175 KB, 703x792)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>198542754
I (left) spotted with him (right)
>>
>>198534208
Miraculous Ladybug, no contest. I don't think I've ever seen such a basic premise fumbled so badly.
>>
>>198542605
>the MC’s kids aren’t even his but the show just glosses over it.
Where exactly did you get that idea
>>
>>198542764
>the best character in the show is supposed to be the "villain."
Uhhh yes? That's worked for some of the most widely acclaimed narratives across all forms of media preceding even written language itself. So how is that aspect a bad thing?
>>
>>198542782
why did they do that anyway? I dont get it
>>
>>198542672
Bingo. Now can we all just agree to stop replying to the Lost faggot and move on
>>
>>198538858
NTA, I watched the entire run of Lost when it originally aired but TV wasn't really a priority in my household so I must have missed like 1/4 of the show just having to do stuff in the house or not being available when it was on. I enjoyed it every time it was on and didn't really care about the plot stuff beyond being able to follow discussions about the show at school.

If these anons >>198540416 >>198540790 are still here, I'd like to hear what they think the ending/show was about. Most of the seasons blend together in my memory of it past season 2 and I don't think I'll ever do a re-watch as it's way too long, so whatever I get will be how I remember the show for a few years.

Claire's actress still looks good in 2024, just checked
>>
>>198542908
i didnt say it was a bad thing you faggot im saying if you didnt realise that then that might explain your sourness to the ending, holy fuck calm down princess
>>
>>198542694
It's a fucking epilogue to the rest of the story so obviously it's inconsequential to what happened before. Jesus Christ, how is this so hard to understand?
>>
i want the lost haters to explain what a good ending is and give an example
>>
>>198542908
>>198542966
i'm saying its a bad thing, because he's also the closest thing to a functional human being in the show.
>>
>>198542927
they introduced the delay on new ips posting to combat ban evasion, which meant shills needed to cycle ip addresses to samefag. so they removed the unique poster counter.
>>
>>198542998
>the villain is the only rational human being
im saying thats a good thing and i'd never even heard this succession american slop we're talking about
>>
File: primal-44.png (675 KB, 1400x700)
675 KB
675 KB PNG
Genndy cannot write a finale to save his life
>>
>>198542971
>the rest of the story
there wasn't a story, that's the issue. just a bunch of post-modernist drivel.
>>
>>198542990
They want every mystery explained in a powerpoint presentation-style with nothing left open to interpretation or anything spiritual or religious. Just basic murder mystery of the week-slop.
>>
>>198543046
i didn't say that.
>>
>>198543122
who?
>>
>>198536026
if they just made it a thats-how-i-finally-met-her the year long build up didnt make any sense. the way they did was clever
i liked it honestly
>>
>>198542990
>>198543114
stop talking to yourself.
>>
>>198537783
>multicultural heaven
You knew it was heaven because there were no niggers
>>
File: 1708538787498809.png (7 KB, 335x106)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>198543194
kill yourself nigger
>>
The Lost samefag has ruined this thread, I’m out
>>
File: norm laugh.gif (2.13 MB, 640x358)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB GIF
>>198543114
>accidently reveal that your favourite show has no ending and not even enough content for a shitty powerpoint
woopsie!
>>
>>198543218
ok u first
>>
>>198543114
No, people want anything prominently featured to matter in the end. Chekov's gun.

Any "interpretation" of lost, other than it was a bunch of shit they made up as they went, is pure pareidolia
>>
>>198538498
what was the ending like?
>>
File: 1676578354934155.jpg (56 KB, 640x650)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
Why do you do this? For attention? First week on 4chan? Replying to a post and implying the opposite of what they literally wrote out in clear language or accusing people of being certain responsible for other baitposts they didn't make is some fucked up shit. Many people here were genuinely discussing their opinions on show finales and yet you had to come in here in bad faith and hust shit all up and down the thread for multiple shows. Shame on you.
>>
>>198543433
>thread gets off to a decent start
>actual discussion takes place
>some random faggot wanders in and derails everything samefagging over and over despite being told by numerous people to stop and that nobody cares
>thread is kill because everyone who wanted to have a real conversation leaves in disgust
Many such cases
>>
File: 1713290926213738.jpg (100 KB, 500x496)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>198543433
>>198543508
First time on 4chan, kiddo?
>>
>>198543569
>redditor calling anyone a newfag
go back
>>
>>198543433
>>198543508
fuck off faggot
>>
>>198538611
Nigger I am clearly talking about Milotti
>>
File: 1709548686330910.png (648 KB, 830x704)
648 KB
648 KB PNG
>>198541319
>half a season
you mean 40 years
that ending truely was 0/10
>>
>>198543569
>>198543593
Hello newfriends, isn’t it so cool to be edgy and talk mad shit on everyone aha lol
>>
File: 1696371868505938.png (54 KB, 686x687)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>198543590
I've been browsing the chon since 2006. I may look and speak like a redditor, but I'm probably old enough to be your actual father.
>>
>>198543508
>>198543433
to be fair, lost objectively has the worst conclusion of all time. its not only insulting, it invalidates the rest of the series. so without the lost-redditor, the thread would've been over quickly.
>>
>>198543657
you never stop being a newfag. you could stop being a redditor, but you clearly like being able to control discourse.
>>
>>198543657
>posting wojaks while pretending to be an oldfag
if you have a humiliation fetish this entire thread starts to make sense
>>
File: 1709926203084385.jpg (285 KB, 754x754)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
>>198543690
>>198543718
Ya seethe?
>>
>>198543668
Not necessarily. Better Call Saul really had one of the worst conclusions I’ve ever seen in relation to the build up. I mean by the time Lost ended it had already all but petered out already in my opinion so in terms of sheer disappointment it could be worse.
>>
>>198543751
you've seethed for hours straight and threatened to go to reddit where everyone agrees with you, we are in the epilogue now, you can cope as hard as you like because even people entering the thread NOW will know its cope
>>
>>198543764
at least there's a reason for better call saul's ending. crime can't pay. which means you can just stop watching and ignore it completely, as they were forced to end it that way.

no one forced lindelof/abrams to shit the bed so hard. no one forced them to trot around with their shit eating grins, trying to convince people their time wasn't wasted. they had a two year warning on cancellation and they decided to just fuck the dog and pretend otherwise.
>>
>>198538413
Season two was what it was because the books the show were based upon did Doakes dirty as fuck as far as a fate worse than death (he basically gets Johnny Got His Gunned minus the facial disfgurement/blinding, right before he could bring Dexter down for his crimes) and only appears in a later book to be trapped in an "I have no mouth but must scream" hell of knowing Dexter's a murderer but being unable to tell anyone and Dexter taunting him by staging a fake-out where he gets everyone smelling something rotten and it turning out to be some diapers.

Killing Doakes and framing him after death was a lot less horrific but IIRC, the writers didn't know Doakes was THAT popular until Showtime told them about it when they saw how Doakes died and ordered the change to the season two finale (originally Dexter lets his crazy british ex get away with murdering Doakes but Showtime demanded they film an epilogue where Dexter avenges him).

But the chief issue with Dexter is that in the books, Dexter DOESN'T get his comeuppance and keeps becoming more and more of a marty stu. And while the original show runner wanted Dexter to die in the end, Showtime didn't want their hit show to end and more to the point, like the original book series writer, came to believe the hype that Dexter was like Vic Mackey: a valiant anti-hero who should be lauded.

Which is funny, as the Shield ending would have been the better ending for Dexter. Dexter gets away with EVERYTHING, but Debbie, his kids, his police coworkers, and the entire world know he's a murderer and that the only reason he's not in jail is some BS technicality (IE the hurricane from the final episode destroyed the building containing all of the evidence linking Dexter to the crimes so charges are dropped). Dexter is banished from Florida and has to go into hiding working as a lumberjack to avoid the notoriety and families of his murder victims/Doakes' family, who want him dead.
>>
File: 1709974104971930.png (381 KB, 1087x615)
381 KB
381 KB PNG
>>198543875
>crime can't pay
but he found a way to get out of it
then just threw it away
>>
>>198538498
House of Cards has the advantage at least, where you can skip the final Kevin Spacy-free season and consider the season six finale to be the real ending. Which works way better IMHO:

>>Frank gets exposed and confesses everything
>>Resigns as President, knowing this means his wife Claire is the new President and can pardon him, meaning he's never going to be brought to justice
>>Claire decides to be a cunt and refuses to announce she's making her first act pardoning her husband
>>Frank stews at being betrayed and vows revenge and leaves the impending war to the death between himself and Claire to the viewers imagination.
>>
>>198543965
He "threw it away" because taking the easy way out once again would have proven Chuck right
>>
>>198539888
Doakes dying like he did was a mercy. The books do Doakes even worse.
>>
>>198543965
>then just threw it away
because crime can't pay. its a top-down edict in western mass media. the writers were basically telling you how stupid the ending they're being forced to write.
>>
>>198543965
This. The character who was shown to be this huge con artist somehow gets away with the crime of a century with little more than a slap on the wrist (what was it like two years or something for all the shit he was involved in?) and going against EVERYTHING we’ve learned about the character up to this point he decides “no I’d rather spend the rest of my life in prison because I did bad things whoops daisy”
There is literally no reason for what he did and it’s probably the most out of character direction they could have possibly gone, it’s like they were trying to make it not make any sense on purpose
>>
File: 1691548113679675.png (970 KB, 1481x829)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>>198544015
this is fucking moronic he could learn and still not rot his whole life away in jail kek
>i will never be free again but at least my dead asshole brother wasnt proven right
>>
>>198540238
X-Files works if if you stop at the end of the first revival series: the Aliens FINALLY fucking arrive, the virus is deployed, and Mulder and Scully are straight up MURDERED by an energy weapon blast.
>>
>>198544027
>they were trying to make it not make any sense on purpose

because they were forced to end it that way

seriously, there is not a single example of "crime pays" in western mass media. Its a propaganda edict.
>>
File: 1695532285344759.png (2.17 MB, 1920x1080)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>198544020
yeah okay nvm, that does make sense. picrel
>>
>>198534208
Can this really be considered a bad ending when the show was never good?
>>
File: 1698643834935381.jpg (263 KB, 900x1700)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>198544027
pissed me off when i watched it
also i miss /bcs/
>>
>>198544065
people will never admit that sitcoms are all shit.
>>
File: 1683530220052230.png (457 KB, 1911x682)
457 KB
457 KB PNG
>>198544095
i like seinfeld
>>
>>198544133
nah, you got stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: 1699490844480121.jpg (38 KB, 500x652)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>198544169
its comfy
>>
>>198540585
It's made WORSE in that they filmed the finale's flash forward ending plus all of the stuff with the future kids that aired over the show's run during season one in secret so that they wouldn't have to have the kids grow old as the show progressed and look awkward if they filmed them in real time.

They also did this, while going up and down that Robin wasn't the endgame for the main character, to the point that the only reason WHY the series even got picked up by CBS was due to the pilot explicitly stating that Robin wasn't the mother.

They ALWAYS intended a bait and switch with the mother and Robin but lucked out in that everyone (the main lead, Robin's actress, Sagat, and the kid actors) who knew about this and filmed the endgame long before the show actually ended, opted to keep the ending a secret even though they had to know it was fucking stupid and would kill the show's legacy and longevity.
>>
>>198544015
>i'm going to never step outside a jailcell until I'm in a body bag to own the chuds
>>
>>198544181
is what you say about things you know are bad, but enjoy anyway.
>>
File: 1694637239500965.png (1.46 MB, 1464x1080)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
>>198544232
maybe thats true
i guess they are shit like drugs and slop is shit. yet funny and comfy
>>
>>198544189
>lucked out
its called a non-disclosure agreement baked into their acting contract, which if they violated, would mean they forfeited all earnings.
>>
The last season of BSG destroyed the entire series. I cannot forgive them for ruining my favorite show.
>>
>>198539477
No, he's spot on. While season 6 is the weakest overall, it sure had its share of kino, like the mentioned Ab Aeterno and the finale. It really is more enjoyable on a rewatch.
>>
>>198544332
people can tell you're samefagging.
>>
>>198542505
>>198542725

There have been rumors that Succession got canceled prematurely due to HBO being skinflints, which is also why they killed off Cox's character in season four like they did (a desperate bid to lower the show's budget). That the fourth season was supposed to end with the election fallout and the looming vote to authorize the selling of the company to the Swede guy and they had to drop all of the election fall-out and rewrite the last couple of episodes to instead be about the buy-out and come up with some sort of ending at the last minute.
>>
>>198544361
take your fucking meds
>>
>>198544313
To be fair, the strike of 08 was a blessing in disguise since it led to a happy ending

>>Baltar was supposed to go full death cult and kill everyone, human and Cylon and after killing him and his followers, the remaining crew and Cylons were going to finally find Earth and discover it's a lifeless planet where everyone died in a nuclear war and even though the radiation has finally died down, there is no vegetation or animal life to live off of and Baltar destroyed most of the remaining food supplies in the fleet so even if they all settle down and try and salvage the planet, there is a good chance everyone will eventually starve to death.
>>
>>198537620
I will always be mad about the Robin thing.
>>
>>198544469
That sounds retarded. At very least retarded idea at any point would had been to have the fleet find Earth (our Earth) and begin settling it successfully until the Younger Dryas (12000 bce) floods them out, bottlenecks their population and destroys all traces of their past. Would at least made a little more sense.
>>
>>198544015
>haha yes im still a slave to chuck's emotions i didnt learn anything!!!
nice ending
>>
File: cow tools 2.png (755 KB, 1291x1601)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
>>198544181
>>
>>198544953
hence why the actual ending was that "perfect day" montage.
>>
>>198534208
raise the red lantern
>>
>>198542505
I'm just glad it ended at all before it went to shit like Peep Show. Also Tom won, which was based
>>
>>198535855
>Sopranos by a mile.
Literally one of the best and most talked about endings.
>>
>>198545120
>peep show
holy fuck they milked this cow dry which is even more eggregious considering david mitchel is on every single panel show in existence, they definitely dont need the money
>>
>>198545120
it started shit and ended at the same level.
>>
>>198534208
LOST, lmao
>Perfunctory answers in the Unfinished Character Arc Dimension
It's a miracle that some characters survive the shitshow
>>
>>198535990
I cried like a little bitch during the Lost finale I don't understand the hate for it
>>
>>198538383
>They must have lost millions in syndication re-airings on basic cable.
Yep, it hurt them a lot in that front. I remember how popular the show was at the time and now nobody even mentioned it anymore except for how the ending ruined the whole thing.
>>
I still refuse to watch the ending, what an asspull
>>
>>198536612
The Cape's ending was okay. I mean not great because they obviously intended to do more with the series, but his old partner redeeming himself in death was cool.
>>
>>198545165
They have Kompromat.

He's not allowed to quit.
>>
I didn't read the thread but GoT and Lost are obvious contenders, however they were shit as a whole before the finale so it didn't come as a surprise. Better Call Saul on the other hand had an insidiously bad ending in that on the surface it's a well written, bittersweet ending pondering on lessons learnt and the crazy things that happened, but if you think about it more it makes no sense for the character of Jimmy McGill or his mask Saul Goodman to do what he did. What should've been his penultimate con was instead a a forced morality lesson on the viewer. It's the worst ending out of every show I've seen, and I've seen many. The finale of a downhill show is bad? It's whatever, you forget about it - BCS finale on the other hand is like if you got sucked off by a cute girl in a dimly lit frat party, and after you bust, the girl speaks to you in a deep male voice. It leaves you feeling weird, uneasy, and kinda pissed off. You liked it, but on a deep, primordial level you know you were taken advantage of.
>>
File: samefag.png (198 KB, 400x372)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
>>198544361
Well, you got me there. I just had to defend myself three hours later.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>One final episode to hang out together with the trio
>Separate the trio and don't have them interact throughout the majority of the episode
>>
>>198534208
Something In The Rain
(two problematic people who find -oh no! it's a super-duper happy ending!! cuz kdrama producers ruin shows like this all the fucking time >:( I fucking raged.)

or

Because This Is My First Life
(last episode was a complete betrayal of character personalities and ethical framework)
>>
>>198537620
>literal 11/10
jesus get some standards
>>
>>198542505
it actually ended with the s3 finale, i don't remember a thing about the 4th season.
overall, it was kind of nothing.

I remember Billions
I remember Humans
I remember Breaking Bad
I remember The Sopranos, too.

Succession ...uh, there was some banter and humorous bad manners, I guess. some nice sweaters?
>>
>>198543068
This ending was fine, it was just rushed. Samurai Jack was retarded though.
>>
>>198536789
My main critique of this statement is that GoT had been shit for several seasons, not just the ending. It started going downhill in season 5, season 6 was mostly badly written with a few good moments, and seasons 7 and 8 were complete garbage basically the whole way through (albeit with high production values).
>>
File: stop retard.gif (998 KB, 500x267)
998 KB
998 KB GIF
>>198546567
you type like a massive faggot
>>
>>198542131
>X-Files was the pioneer of this shit...the black goo, the alien mercenary, the bees, the super soldier, Scully's babby. Jesus Christ.
this 100% - hinting that Cancer Man (and others) were at the ceentre of a massive intricate amazing decades-long world-changing conspiracy and... meh... whatever ...yeah, i dunno ...let's just let that kind of peter out and fade away ...whatever ...lol)
>>
>>198546929
You type like ለረጅም ጊዜ ብቸኝነት ይሰማሃል.
>>
>>198546980
THIS USER HAS AN ANIME PROFILE PICTURE, PLEASE IGNORE THEIR POSTS
>>
>>198542800
tldr? From what I've seen it just looks like a coomer kids show
>>
>>198537620
>a literal 11/10
maybe you live in Clevland or Warsaw, but she's a 7 at best in Vancouver
>>
>>198544046
> he could learn and still not rot his whole life away in jail kek
not trying to slip away again and face the consequences is literally the whole point.
>>
>>198540416
As a 37 white male who watches documentaries, comedies, and otherwise loved series like "Lonely Planet/Globe Trekker," "Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting," "Antiques Roadshow," or "Monty Python's Flying Circus," I read your post and thought, "nah, Lost doesn't look entertaining to me."

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.