[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Without using memes or nitpicks, name 3 flaws about this movie.
>>
Thanos' plan is retarded and makes no sense.
Doctor Strange not using the time stone to freeze time or turn Thanos into a baby or undo Starlord's fuck up
>oh but that wouldn't have worked because.....because it just wouldn't have okay!
"Are you Thor? God of hammers?" 5 seconds later "Aaah I need hammer macguffin to stop Thanos and keep me out of the way for most of the movie!"
>>
>A fifth Avengers film and a sixth, Avengers: Secret Wars, are scheduled for release in 2026 and 2027, respectively.
why dont they just stop
>>
>>198563910
>stopping the slop train while there's still money to be squeezed out of it
>>
>>198563910
They will once X-Men flops and people finally stop caring about the MCU.
>>
>>198563757
Tedious, protracted, mean-spirited.
>>
>>198563757
I genuinely can't. This might actually be the best movie ever made. It was an event we'll never experience the like of again. I'm dead fucking serious.
>>
Bad action scenes
Bad cgi
Bad sound
Kind of important essential things for a blockbuster these days
>>
>>198563757
>nerf Vision off screen because he’s too powerful
>nerf Thor off screen because he’s too powerful
>nerf the Avengers team cohesion off screen because they are too powerful
>>
>>198563982
>Scotland, the place where Vision and the Scarlet Witch were found, seemed like a ghost country
Yeah, because they cleared the streets when they were shooting that scene. Normally that area is thronging with tourists.
>>
>>198563757
Cortrived plot
Wakanda fight makes no sense for either side
Irreversibly nerfed Hulk

That being said it's the best MCU movie besides Iron Man 1.
>>
>>198563757
Feels incomplete, of course, but still it's a weird ending
Bad cgi
Big cast, so many of the characters receive little attention. So they feel pointless
>>
I read a thread the other day about Loki having the Tesseract and not using it to escape or try to save the other Asgardians, that and maybe Hulk jobbing out and getting heemed at the start.
>>
>>198563757
This might be the worst fucking movie I've ever seen. Definitely the worst I've seen in a theater. Just CGI action figures slamming into each other for 3 hours, exhausting and headache inducing. There wasn't even a story or character arcs just "we have to fight purple guy before he gets all the macguffins". Miserable experience.
>>
Iron Man 3 mogs this movie
>>
>>198564174
I don't know what they did in New York, probably the same.
>>
>>198563864
>Are you Thor? God of hammers?" 5 seconds later "Aaah I need hammer macguffin to stop Thanos and keep me out of the way for most of the movie!"
Ragnarok was a shit movie so I don't blame the Russos for overlooking this
>>
>>198563793
fpbp
/thread
etc
>>
>>198564128
they could have still put in some background extras
>>
>>198565064
Then they would have to pay them.
>>
>>198563757
>3 fuckin hours
>Ending everyone knew about because of public contracts
>It had captain marvel in it
>>
>>198563864
>"Are you Thor? God of hammers?" 5 seconds later "Aaah I need hammer macguffin to stop Thanos and keep me out of the way for most of the movie!"
Thor clearly needed an upgrade. He is strong but he is not Thanos x Power Stone strong.
>>
>>198565320
>It had captain marvel in it
Wasn't that the sequel? I don't remember that dyke in Infinity War
>>
>>198565475
She wasn't in IW, she had a post credits scene set after IW at the end of her own movie.
>>
>>198563757
The same as any other Marvelslop movie, even if it is one of the more enjoyable ones compared to the rest of them relatively speaking. CGI and action overload. The action set pieces themselves are bland (especially the entire Wakanda battle). Strange things about the setup of certain scenes (the opening comes to mind) and blatant plot induced stupidity (Loki, Hulk, Starlord, etc.). Thanos having holes in the logic of his plan despite it being good on paper. A lot of time spent on side characters in a somewhat frantic fashion yet also none at all.

>>198564159
That thread was earlier today (we created it). Also, I should point out that Hulk jobbing as hard as he did (or at least in the way he did) feels somewhat out of character to me after watching the 2008 Hulk movie out of curiosity lately.
>>
>>198563757
starlord chimping out and fucking up a perfectly good plan is contrived and cringy as hell, also from a writer's perspective

but it's fine because it's ''all according to keikaku''
>>
>>198565572
>starlord chimping out and fucking up a perfectly good plan is contrived and cringy as hell, also from a writer's perspective
he was a hothead in every Guardians movie, this was in character.
>>
>>198565608
neh
>>
>>198564161
There literally are both story and arcs, though. You have the Avengers repeatedly tricking to stick to their guns about not trading lives even as things get worse and worse for them, and that bites them. You have Strange going from hating Tony to working with him, you have Thor tending into broken depression but using revenge to pull himself out of it, you have most characters go from acting like they can’t lose to anyone to being traumatized by Thanos
It’s just as reductive to say popular spectacle movies have nothing going on inside as it is when some zoomer says they never watch old movies cause nothing happens
>>
>>198563864
>Doctor Strange not using the time stone to freeze time or turn Thanos into a baby or undo Starlord's fuck up
This is maybe the only thing that feels like a genuine plot hole to me. The time stone should be absolutely OP and place Strange pretty much completely out of danger of anything Thanos could do. What prevented him from just timelooping him until he gave up like he did to Dormamu?
>>
>>198564867
>>198563864
Ragnajoke was indeed a shitshow but it still makes sense that you'd want a new weapon when gearing up for war as opposed to going in empty handed. A force multiplier is still a force multiplier. Even the mighty Odin has Gungir.
>>
File: 1676997124618789.jpg (89 KB, 468x468)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>The Avengers' time travel logic makes no sense
>The Avengers' time travel motivation is selfish and destructive
>Jackie Chan
>>
File: The Skeetman.jpg (60 KB, 635x635)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>Thor is the God of Thunder, Mjolnir is merely a conduit for Thor's inherent power
>Steve Rogers can also channel lightning with Mjolnir
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>198565744
You can contrive ways of thinking that Thanos could fight back using the other stones, but definitely should have been in the movie. Its best parts were the over the top parts like the moon being thrown or the 45 seconds where Thanos and Strange went at it anyway, so them just going crazy with Reality Stone vs Time Stone would have been good in its own right
>>
>>198566168
>Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.
>>
>>198566387
This was retconned in Ragnarok.
>>
>>198563864
>can't think of any flaws
Why post anything then?
>>
>>198564136
Can you even try to explain yourself? No you can't because you made fucking shit up and don't have anything to say.
>>
>>198564140
Who feels pointless?
>>
>>198564116
Vision was weakened by taking crit damage from Corvus Glave's sneak attack
Thor was busted the entire movie, the problem was making him a joke in Endgame
Literally the plot of Civil War
>>
>>198566760
This makes less sense to me when considering you literally have Hela, the previous owner of Mjolnir in that same movie where the hammer is still shown to have intrinsic power.
>>
>>198566760
No it wasn't. Why are you lying?
>>198566168
>merely a conduit
It literally gives you Thor's power if you're worthy to use it. Doesn't mean that Thor needs it to use his power because it's HIS power.
>>
It makes logical strategic sense for Thanos to strike at this point, but I don't like how he wins simply because the heroes are all fucking nerfed - Strange won't use the Time Stone, Hulk refuses to come out, Cap doesn't have his shield, Groot isn't an adult, Iron Man is isolated with a bunch of strangers, Wong just peaces out, Vision is suddenly not one of the most powerful Avengers... just because, Wanda needs to babysit Vision, Thor is off on an errand, there is no more Asgard, etc. Imagine how much more shocking it would be, and how much greater a threat Thanos would be, if the Avengers were all united and brought their A-game to Thanos' invasion and they still lost?

The Infinity Stones were severely underutilized, considering their potential. There's no moment where Thanos uses the Time Stone to rapidly age the Avengers, where he uses the Mind Stone to make the Avengers forget what they're fighting for (or tries to enslave them), where he uses the Reality Stone to go all Mysterio-except-not-illusions on the Avengers... The Infinity Stones are six god-rocks that can basically do anything and Thanos just uses them to fire a bunch of lasers and then the Blip. Boring shit.
>>
>>198567047
Not that anon, but Captain Marvel, certainly. They hype her up as the anti-Thanos savior and then she's in the three hour movie for two minutes. Most people assumed she was going to be one of the main heroes in the movie trying to undo what Thanos did.
>>
>>198566083
Infinity War doesn't have time travel, retard.
>>
>>198563757
>Mark Ruffalo's floating head inside the hulkbuster suit
>Girlboss scene
>Not letting Samuel L Jackson say motherfucker
>>
>>198563757
- conveniently nerf all the powerful characters because they could solo thanos single-handedly
- as with the above point, make every character stupid so that thanos could win (honestly could write paragrahs on these two points)
- so many characters that it doesn't feel like an avengers film

still a good film and one of the mcu's best
>>
>>198571223
They weirdly alluded to the fact that it might have actually been hers first and Odin just handed it down to Thor later, but they never really get into it.
>>
>>198563757
I honestly liked the marvel movies, exactly up to and including infinity war. After endgame I realised the francise was totally soulless. They should've just stopped there.
>ant man and THE WASP
>spider man movie number sixteen
>fucking morbius kek
>etc etc
the fact they're even still making movies is stupefying to me. I saw guardians 3 high out of pure boredom last year and that's honestly the one thing that saved it.

It occurs to me I haven't heard anyone discuss these movies IRL in months. Sure, references to batman and generic marvel superheroes get talked talked about since they're mainstream pop culture, but the actual movies themselves? Not a fucking peep. I've honestly heard more about fucking AVATAR 2 at this stage. Rest in piss.
>>
>>198570044
She was not in the movie you lying idiot.
>>
>>198571973
The marketing, you dumb fuck. No one's talking about in-movie dialogue.
>>
>>198563757
Chimps, roasties, and faggots.

No, op, these are not memes or nitpicks. These are facts.
>>
>>198572035
Everybody is because the whole point of the thread is about the movie. Die now.
>>
>>198563757
Thanos's motivation legitimately doesn't make sense and should have been explained better
>i'll kill half the universe to prevent some theoretical starvation that might happen
>and then I'll just sit back and not do anything when this inevitable overpopulation happens again
>>
>>198572274
>I won't even give myself the chance to realize this is something I'll need to do repeatedly, or allow someone who believes I'm in the right to do for me, as I'm going to destroy the Infinity Stones forever.
>>
>>198572056
>faggots
There were no fucking faggots in this movie.
>>
>>198571168
>Girlboss scene
That was Endgame, and it was actually the Russo's clever foreshadowing on Marvel replacing a lot of their male heroes with shittier female ones
>>
>>198572274
Dude this isn't a flaw or a complaint. Did this hinder your enjoyment of the film? No. He's not even supposed to make sense anyway but that's besides the point. Don't say things that aren't flaws.
>>198572451
Learn media literacy. Why do you think he said "the work will always be done" and "I am inevitable"? If the universe ever somehow made the same mistake again which they won't because they have been punished massively for it, somebody else will just inevitably do it again, but this time before it gets so bad that you would need the stones for it.
>>
>>198572658
>the work will always be done
Because he destroyed the Infinity Stones, so the Avengers couldn't just take them and un-Blip. "The half of the universe I killed will always be dead and you can't undo it because I destroyed the Stones."
>>
>>198572891
Then why do you think he said "I am inevitable" even after he already did the thing?
>>
>>198568802

I find it funny OP won't reply to this one.

Because he knows his shit arguments will be destroyed.
>>
>>198572658
>If the universe ever somehow made the same mistake again ... somebody else will just inevitably do it again
Wasn't Thanos' whole thing "I'm the only one who knows this is happening, the only one smart enough to know how to fix it, and the only one strong enough to do it?" The character as we see him in Infinity War is not going to leave it up to chance that "Yeah, someone else will probably get it next time."
>>
>>198572658
>Dude this isn't a flaw or a complaint
If I'm complaining about it then by definition it's a complaint
>Did this hinder your enjoyment of the film?
Yes
>He's not even supposed to make sense anyway
Explain
>>
i tried to watch this because of the massive hype around it and had to turn it off well before it ended
There's so much crap on the screen at any point that it's impossible to take it seriously and the 'humor' is beyond retarded. "hey guys we're making a superhero movie with high stakes, have a dogshit joke every 30 seconds"
People who like this crap are medicated retards. Fuck this movie
>>
>>198573307
No one else WAS doing it in infinite war when it needed to be done. Clearly he believed he had made an impact in endgame. You can't blame him because literally everybody in the universe watched half of the people they know turn to dust in front of their eyes and it's common knowledge why this had to happen.
>>
>>198573394
>Explain
He's the bad guy. And he's called the MAD Titan. And he has a history of being unreasonable like when he said that Gamora was his favorite daughter right in front of Nebula. And also the fact that he has wiped out half the population on dozens of planets and places already but still makes them lose another half when he snaps.
>>
Quips
Quips
Quips
>>
>>198575302
You guys are thinking of a different movie. Getting people's names wrong isn't a qu1p. The only two "funny" things in this movie that I rememebr were the one time spider-man roasted starlord which wasn't a qu1p it was a statement of a fact, and the time the other guardians were comparing starlord to Thor which also wasn't a qu1p.
>>
File: dy7uexglb9o41.jpg (438 KB, 2215x4000)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
LOL! QUIPPY DWARF MAN PLAY QUIPPY GIANT MAN LOL!
>>
>>198575395
Ok little buddy
>>
>>198575182
There's a really good chance that the only thing roughly 95% of the universe knew was "Holy shit everybody just turned to ash what the fuck." Maybe some heroes and organizations in the know would be aware of Thanos' motives, but surely not every single person ever.
>>
>>198575461
I forgot about this one >>198575455

If there are any more, I forgot about them.
>>
>>198575223
>He's the bad guy. And he's called the MAD Titan
Mad has two different definitions so it's ambiguous which one they are referring to, also whoever named him that was probably mad too, so it's just conjecture
>And he has a history of being unreasonable like when he said that Gamora was his favorite daughter right in front of Nebula
Rude, but not crazy
>And also the fact that he has wiped out half the population on dozens of planets and places already but still makes them lose another half when he snaps
This isn't confirmed and even if it was, Spock would have said that is perfectly logical sacrifice, "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"
>>
>>198576037
So you think they were trying to portray him as completely reasonable? Even when Thor cut his fucking head off as punishment for what he did, you still think we were supposed to side with Thanos's character? Were we supposed to think that Thor is an unreasonable asshole and all the Avengers are nuts?
>>
>>198563757
The flaws make even more kino
>>
>>198563757
-For some reason the Wakanda group doesn't put together any plan for how to handle Thanos if he shows up there. Instead they just throw themselves at him and get beaten one by one. They knew he had the Space Stone and could show up there at any time.
Whereas the Titan group came up with a plan and almost beat him.
-Titan environment looks completely fake, not grounded in any way, like something from a Star Wars prequel
-The dialogue between Shuri and Banner, trying to demonstrate how much smarter she is, is horrible cringe and makes no sense if you stop and think about it
>>
>>198563793
>too much fun
Good movies are supposed to be serious and boring.
>>
>>198577259
>-The dialogue between Shuri and Banner, trying to demonstrate how much smarter she is, is horrible cringe and makes no sense if you stop and think about it
Bitch is literally mocking him for creating true perfect sentient autonomous AI.
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 299x168)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>198578111
>>
>>198577693
That and the retarded line
>"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?"
If his synapses can't work collectively, how would Vision be able to... um... think anything? Thinking, no matter what the thought is, requires a lot of neurons and synapses working at the same time.
You're sort of talking about the entire point of how a brain works, and you're saying Vision can't do that? What??
>>
>>198576881
> So you think they were trying to portray him as completely reasonable?
No, he was supposed to be appear reasonable to an extent, but the writers were too lazy to make his plan make sense
>>
>>198579709
It was reasonable to an extent. But (you) are complaining about it not being 100% logically perfect or whatever. So when you say "extent" how far do you actually mean? I think it was meant to be like 30% reasonable.
>>
>>198563757
CGI is inconsistent, Thanos looks amazing but then you get the shot of Banner's head in Hulkbuster and Stark suiting up looks very iffy.
>>
>>198579815
If you're going to risk your life to execute a stupid plan that doesn't make any sense then you're 0% reasonable
>>
>>198563757
Iron Man and Captain America were the only things really driving this franchise forward. You can do without one of them, but get rid of both, and its literally over.
>>
File: 1598626453657.jpg (186 KB, 576x400)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>198571168
>Not letting Samuel L Jackson say motherfucker
But did they let Iron man call him a nigger?
>>
File: 1598452321658.jpg (52 KB, 1182x754)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>198572274
Why didn't he target India, Africa and Israel as the source of all these problems? That to me, is the most enormous plot hole of all
>>
File: 1352699459631.jpg (46 KB, 329x485)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>198563757
I'll pick simply one.
Imagine how much out of touch you need to be as a director, to self indulge "acting" in a completely pointless dialogue scene, about the hardships of surviving Thanos snap. With a civilian Captain America attending some AA group like a weak minded bitch.
>>
>>198572274
Thanos was never a good villain. In the comics, he's doing it because he's serving Satan or some dumb shit like that.
>>
>>198579901
But it does make sense. Like I said, 30%. You can't just say it's zero for no reason. Why would you do that? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>198580010
It wasn't over for Spider-man, his movies were excellent. It is over for him now though since he's a faggot and he's into bestiality.
>>
>>198577339
Who are you quoting?
>>
File: 1526857310693.jpg (74 KB, 1000x563)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>198580076
oh no, it's much better anon. in the comics, Thanos motivation is his love for Death. Death the Marvel character, Death as opposed to Eternity.
Thanos kills half the universe to seduce Death. In the comics. A love story you see.
>>
>>198580106
Spiderman's movies were watched because people were interested to see what kinda Stark remnants are gonna be pulled in this time around. No one watched Spidey's nu-flicks for Spidey, they watched them for Iron Man.
>>
>>198580167
Yeah I remember it being something dumb, just not exactly sure how dumb. It really would've been better if they had made Civil War their huge Avengers thing, instead of relegating it to a Captain America movie.
>>
>>198580199
Well that couldn't be anymore obvious of a lie. He's fucking Spider-man. And nobody cared about like what's left of tony's company or whatever. Please talk about things that are true from now on.
>>
>>198563757
This is my favorite marvel movie
I haven't seen it in like 4 years so excuse me if I sound retarded.
That being said, it still suffers from a few flaws
>Dialogue, quips, jokes, were all badly written.
The lines I liked from the movie were incidentally the ones improvvised by the cast. I've read comic books for decades, I don't really think comic-speak translates well to screen. I think you need to make the rest of the presentation more comic book and less serious if you're going to write dialogue in comic book style, (see: spiderman 2)
>CGI
I thought looked pretty good, just overused
>Plot holes.
So fucking many. >>198563864 Is right about unwise unuse of the time stone. Why didn't Thanos collect the stones himself from the beginning of the MCU, all of his stone collecting cronies failed while using them/failed to obey him. Thanos was able to collect them all himself in like what, a week?
If you have 20 apple trees, and 200 people, and still not enough apples, people will starve.
If you have 20 apple trees, and 100 people, people will thrive and reproduce until their population caps out riiiiight about at 200 I'm thinking. Should only take a generation, maybe two, so, a population can double in ~100 years.
Let's get retarded and say the snap killed half the apple trees too.
You have 100 apple trees and 100 people and still, not enough apples.
What was the fucking plan?
>>
>>198580314
*10 apple trees and 100 people, I am: Retardo.
>>
>>198580314
>plotholes
That's not a flaw. No one cares about plotholes because it doesn't hinder your enjoyment of the film. I mean come on man, think about what the movie is actually about. It's never going to be realistic.
>>
>>198580167
That's a better motivation than "I will depopulate the universe until the repopulate it again."
>>
>>198580199
>this is what producers genuinely believe
>>
>>198580359
Plot holes are an indication of a blunder in writing. You can blunder in chess and win, but not against a damn good opponent.
Making a damn good movie requires tight precision in presentation, it requires blowing away the mind of the viewer without making them second guess and assume correctly that the movie failed in some way, even a small way.
It's a good movie, just as a casual chess match between friends is enjoyable. Read the first line of my initial post.
>>
>>198580364
This, Thanos destroyed his only 1/2Death tool just so he could roll Sisyphus's boulder up a notch, then he went home.
>>
File: 1608269124731.jpg (127 KB, 704x810)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>198580082
>But it does make sense
Not an argument
>You can't just say it's zero for no reason
And you can't pick arbitrarily pick 30%, guess we're at an impasse
>>
>>198580887
You fucking admitted before that it made some sense, dude.
I picked thirty because it felt like it made 30% sense. There's no other reason to pick anything.
>>
>>198580908
Something something 18 to post on this site
>>
>>198580908
>You fucking admitted before that it made some sense
No I said Thanos was supposed to appear logical but his plan has huge glaring holes that don't make any sense
>>
>>198580984
>BUT ANON, YOO CANT RECOGNIZE SLOP! ITS SUPPOSED TO BE DAHKING FUN! DO YOU EVEN KNO WHAT YUR WATCHINGUH?
>>
>>198580984
If you thought it was made to appear logical, then you must have thought it made at least some sense. There's no other way for you to believe such a thing.
>>
>>198563757
>3 flaws
1. Robert
2. Downey
3. Junior
>>
>>198563793
>Too many jokes
triggered autistic snowflake
>Too much cgi
boomer ludite redneck
>Too many characters
mentally-slow low-iq literal-retard
>>
>>198580929
I don't understand why you have to be 18 to post on a blue board.
>>
>>198581500
Alright it was 30% reasonable and Thanos has the planning skills of a toddler, you win
>>
>>198580222
>>198580451
Literally no one watches Tom Holland Spiderman as Spiderman, he's Iron Boy Jr.
>>
>>198580929
>>198581634
It's not a rule. It's just a childish response they use when they don't have a good counter-argument.
>>
>>198581654
I like Iron Boy Jr more than Spider-Man, he's got cool gadgets and doesn't afraid of anything
>>
>>198581654
>>198581684
Tom Holland and Ty Simpkins are relentlessly handsome.
>>
>>198581525
jokes aside this guy is really the only thing that can save the mcu now

all they need to do is make Iron man 4 with RDJ and watch as millions of zoom zooms and thirdies flock the cinemas
>>
>>198581684
Your post is exactly my point. People watch Holland Spiderman to get a hint of the old Iron Man films, which really drove the MCU.
>>
>>198563974
anon, people stopped caring about the mcu like 2-3 years ago, they sure as hell don't care about it now, even the normies have long since moved on, even if you still had the original avangers everyone has grown tired of it and considers end game to be the end (which they aren't wrong, nobody gives a fuck about kang)

it's fitting that it died along with stan lee, seriously did anyone give two shits about the loki show outside of fujos?
>>
>>198581640
Thank you.
>>198581654
Dude. This is clearly bait. I mean what the fuck were the entire fucking movies about? What was the sic movie long arc about? Come the fuck on. First of all he has literlly never needed iron man. We see that when we first meet him, and his entire first movie is about it. Then look at him in no way home. He never even mentions Tony or thinks about him. He defeated Doctor Strange easily all on his own and he did it by only using stuff tony never had, mainly his powers but also his webshooters which were indeed invented by peter parker. Even before the movie really starts he loses what tony had left for him, Edith. And Edith is never ever brought up again as Peter never needs it. Then at the end he sacrifices his entire life including his connections to Tonys company just to do the right thing. So what are you bitching about? That Tony had an impact on Peter's upbringing? Everyone does. You don't bitch about Uncle Ben or Aunt May or anyone else in his life, so why Tony? I'll tell you why. You're just mad it's a different superhero and you can't think for yourself so you repeat whatever you're told to and never actually watched the movies. And don't try to deny it, I know you weren't the faggot who came up with the name iron boy jr.
>>
>>198581757
>even if you still had the original avangers
The only reason people watched back then and would watch again is Iron Man & Cap. Literally no one else matters. No one else had good or even passable movies.
>Loki show
Maybe if it was actually a show about Loki, and not Tom Hiddleston starring in FemLoki and the Time Traveler's Husband.
>>
>>198581813
Bait? I'm not saying its a bad thing at all. If anything, its a sign that if they want people to watch the MCU - they need Cap and Tony, or at least Tony. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. Nobody ever cared about Thor or Black Widow or the guy with the arrows or whatever.
>>
>>198563757
1. I haven't watched it
2. I don't want to watch it
3. Your challenge involving this movie needs three criteria
>>
>>198581709
Fuck you, RDJ, you cancer scum queer faggot.
>>
>>198581873
hate the game not the player bro
not my fault zoomers love that shit
>>
>>198581722
You don't have a point, you're fucking lying. It is 100% entirely about Peter Parker. So much so that they never got to do any of the shit they wanted to with MJ and Flash. If you watched the movie, you would know that. The only one iron man plays a part in is the first one, and he is dismissive of peter and doesn't want to talk to him so he hardly even appears in the film. and the only reason peter wants to talk to him is to prove that he can be an avenger. But in the end he learns a lesson about that shit. Yes Tony did come up with the phrase "friendly neighborhood spider-man" but it doesn't matter who said those exact fucking words first. What matters is that peter decided that for himself, after those words initially meant nothing to him. It also doesn't matter that Aunt May was the first one we hear say the responsibility line, because we know for a fucking fact that Peter always knew about it even before we first meet him. But certain "people" like YOU claim he didn't learn that until the end. She jsut tries to reinforce it when he's at his lowest and wants to ignore it. And this isn't even a media literacy thing, it's a pay fucking attention thing.
>>
>>198566981
How is "the story is inconsistent with the rules and powers setup in the prior movies" not a flaw?
Doctor Dunce used the time stone to loop Dormamu into giving up. We see this happen one time, it's never used or mentioned again, instead Strange fucks with time for everyone everywhere.

Like, what constitutes a valid criticism for any given movie in your mind?
>>
File: 1659916891870523.png (212 KB, 500x500)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>198581709
that would come off as incredibly desperate, they won't do it

ah who the fuck am I kidding? disney is going to cave to that idea sooner or later when captain America 4 flops without Steve, hell supposedly they don't even have a script for that movie if the rumors are true it's gonna make the eternals look like golden era cinema in comparison.
>>
>>198581816
>Iron Man
No, you moron. People watched for the Chris Trinity: Evans, Hemsworth, Pratt. Nobody cared for Iron Man.
>>
>>198581901
You're talking way too much about Spiderman, someone completely irrelevant. Iron Man is the draw. Spiderman is just the way people cope with not having Iron Man around, because they do put a lot of Iron Man stuff in the Spiderflicks.
>>
>>198581835
STOP FUCKIG LYING AND BAITING AND ACTUALLY RESPOND TO WHAT THE FUCK I SAID YOU QUEER!
It's literal fucking proof! Fuck you don't need fucking proof to know that people like to watch spider-man movies you damn moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>198581918
That's the thing, people never gave a shit about a black guy in Captain America's suit, nor about Ironheart. They care about Steve Rogers and Tony Stark. Even without their suits, they'd draw millions. Sorry, just saying it the way it is.
>>
>>198581835
People loved Cap and Thor not Tony.
>>
>>198581927
OH WOW NOBODY WATCHES SPIDER-MAN MOVIES FOR FUCKING SPIDER-MAN? THAT'S TOTALLY FUCKING BELEIVABLE EVEN THOUGH IT'S THE MOST FUCKING POPULAR MOVIE FRANCHISE IN FUCKING HISTORY AND IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN LONG BEFORE IRON MAN WAS EVEN A FUCKING THING AND IRON MAN HAS ONLY EVER APPEARED IN ONE AND ONLY EVER MATTERED IN ANOTHER.
>>
>>198581954
Steve Rogers. Yes.
Tony Stark. No.
>>
>>198581958
>Thor
too much one-dimentional comedy relief character, yeah they did him dirty just like Hulk
>>
>>198581967
Yeah, because Amazing Spiderman 2 really put a lot of butts into seats, lol.
>>
>>198581927
Spiderman is not cope. Spiderman is kino.
>>
>>198581967
It depends
Sam Rami's Spiderman? Yes
MCU's iron boy jr spiderman? No thanks
>>
>>198581673
It's Global rule #2
Not that that's ever stopped anyone
>>
>>198581954
he should of stayed as falcon honestly, seriously who the fuck thought that series ending was a good idea?

also it's incredibly racist "oh sorry black person you can be your own hero have this hand me down because you can't have your own identity"
>>
>>198565064
>they could have still put in some background extras

Not a good idea while this video is more truthful than any of you will ever know about Scotland....

https://youtu.be/_ECGKcl4s-k?si=FvLnUL1R98hjiN_U

!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>198582016
>global
But I don't get the logic of not allowing kids on boards like the cartoons board. Same with the old-enough-to-vote-but-not-to-drink thing.
>>
>>198581984
Was that not one of the highest grossing ones ever? Stop being a faggot you idiot. And people liked that movie too.
>>198582007
Stop being a liar for NO REASON.
>>
File: Candlejack.jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>198582172
Something something 18 to post on this site
Captcha:
>>
>>198582261
Who's Candleja
>>
>>198582286
Retard it's spelt candlej
>>
>>198563757
niggers
niggers
niggers
>>
>>198581574
>[tropes]
[The type people who find them appealing]

Well done
>>
>>198565460
But I was told in fantasies logic doesn’t apply (eg. black dwarves etc)
Why can't you troons keep your narrative consistent?
>>
>>198583632
snowflake redneck literal-retard detected
>>
>>198581958
>>198581975
>The highest grossing Iron Man movie was Iron Man 3, which made $1,215,392,272 at the box office
>The highest grossing Captain America movie was Captain America movie was Captain America: Civil War, which made $1,151,899,586 at the box office
>The highest grossing Thor movie was Thor: Ragnarok movie, which made $850,482,778 at the box office
Captain America's most movie movie had Iron Man in it and was still less successful than Iron Man's most successful movie, meanwhile Thor's most successful movie doesn't come close. Iron Man has always been the most popular of the of the big three Avengers.
>>
>>198563757
>Thanos’s motivation is weak. Why not double resources? Why not completely reshape society to make a post-scarcity galactic civilization? How are species not going to either die out completely after losing half or recover after awhile and recreate the problem?
>”we don’t trade lives” but we’ll sacrifice a bunch of Wakandans and risk losing this conflict and thus half of humanity to save one being
>why does one have to snap to activate the gauntlet? Individual stones can apparent be used with thought or simple movements but a snap has to be done to make a wish?
>sure the reality stone alone would have been enough to do anything he wanted? Or the time stone, he could have gone back and saved his own people and tried various solutions to the problem of dwindling galactic resources?
>Peter quill damns the galaxy with an emotional reaction when they’re seconds away from victory. Just lazy storytelling.
>cgi overload, thanos looks alright but the action looks worse than a mid 2000s video game
>Loki has the tesseract but doesn’t use it when his fleet is attacked and makes the dumbest possible attack on Thanos when he’s captured
I’m sure there’s more but anyway a lot of plot issues and just doesn’t look that impressive
>>
>>198582185
that anon is a retafd lol
>>
>>198565744
>This is maybe the only thing that feels like a genuine plot hole to me.
Strange used the time stone before the fight on Thanos and concluded that even Thanos wins everytime except once. I assume in all the times he does win Strange uses the time stone to try and stop him. That's why he gives the time stone to Thanos, because giving him the stone eventually leads to the one outcome the Avengers do win.
>>
>>198585047
It would've helped to show how Thanos defeats Strange even while using the time stone's powers, because it's hard to imagine how.
>>
>>198563757
Tranny goyslop faggotry.

You're welcome.
>>
>>198585047
>concluded that even Thanos wins everytime except once.
And Strange 2 showed this was wrong, as he went to a universe where they defeated Thanos in a different way.
So why did Strange stop at 65 thousand timelines or whatever the number was?
I suppose he stopped when he found any successful attempt, and didnt bother seeing if there were other ways.
OR he didnt like the solution that led to him dying, so he lied and said he only found one way.
>>
>>198585047
finally someone payed attention
>>198585176
but yes, that is undeniable
>>198586544
I understand that it is not that Dr Strange has reviewed each universe and its timelines, but rather the timelines of their own universe and its ramifications based on the actions/strategies they could take from that exact moment onwards, hence the finite number of possible results.
>>
>>198563757
Infinity War is kino, Endgame is garbage.
>>
>>198563757
Just watched it for the first time two night ago. The over acting, the overly histrionic attitude of every character, everything’s exaggerated as if it were written and directed by mentally ill neurotics. I imagine a bunch of obese estrogen poisoned redditors crying at multiple points during this melodramatic trash. So glad I never gave these disgusting kikes any money.
>>
>>198587549
Marvel ends there for me. Just like Star Wars ends at least twenty year ago, more like 40.
>>
>>198563757
>Without using memes or nitpicks, name 3 flaws about this movie.
1. The Girl Power Scene.
2. They killed off Black Widow, Iron Man and retired Captain America instead of just recasting them.
3. They didn't follow their own time travel rules (big example: what Cap did at the end of the movie)
>>
>>198588618
This thread is about Infinity War, not Endgame
>>
>>198587482
>but rather the timelines of their own universe
Each universe is its own timeline. This was confirmed in Infinity War and in the Loki series.
Branching timelines ARE branching universes.
>>
>>198563757
I can't, it was kino
>>
>>198564140
>bad cgi
you people are all on full copage mode lol
>>
>>198590939
Infinity War has -mostly- good CGI but there are indeed some parts that stand out as glaringly bad, such as Proxima Midnight.
It's weird that something like this makes the final cut in such a massively hyped movie of such importance to the studio, with a $400 million budget
>>
>>198584849
They should've ran more with the "perfectly balanced" concept. Instead of it being about finite resources it should've been something spiritual, like balancing the karma or energy in the universe or some shit
>>
>>198563757
Hulk pussy
>>
>>198563757
Peter Quill suddenly messing everything up for now reason after all his previous development. I hate how they ruined Thor's arc previously too, but I actually enjoyed him in this, but then what he does to cope ruins him again
>>
>>198584849
The one I can't shake, that gets me mad when I think about it is Doctor Strange & the Time Stone. That fucker KNEW the time stone was going to end up turned to atoms & he STILL did not destroy it before Thanos got it. He saw the fucking future. His ego wouldn't let him let Stark be right or something? Instead he let everything play out to the point Tony ends up killing himself when all he had to do was destroy the time stone. It didn't really bother me until I watched MoM & saw what a fucking hypocrite he was with Wanda, then it made me realize that fucker was always a jerkoff. And I liked him too before MoM.
>>
>>198593748
>all he had to do was destroy the time stone
There is no rationale to think he didnt explore that possibility, and came to the conclusion it does not work.
What IS rational to think is that his narcissism didnt have him explore the idea of him becoming ruthless/evil to defeat Thanos, which is how the other universe dealt with the threat.
>>
The final fight scene hinges on the team trying to get the gauntlet back into the quantum realm, but they have no red juice to make the journey and are just trying to throw the glove into the quantum realm void without a plan.
This is to serve as dramatic tension for the fight scene and not just hide the glove off the battlefield. It also serves to get it to Thanos without being some horrible blunder.
Ironically this uses the stupid female characters for the height of the battle.

The team could have went to a point in time to collect more particles for more attempts. Then replaced them in time with replica batches. They didn't discover the consequences of time travel until Bruce had a chat with Sorcerer Supreme.
More fake plot tension.

If we're just talking about Infinity War, Strange has a portal spell and doesn't need them to pilot the craft back to Earth. They went ahead with their plan despite finding out Thor was alive. They chose to fight Thanos because of the desperate situation without Thor, then find out he's alive, and they do nothing with this news.
The cuts to other scenes obfuscate these details to hide them from the plot.

1 Nitpick bonus: Endgame: There's no way banner in the Ironman mega suit would have burrowed under Thanos' hovel without being heard.
>>
Steve doesn't use the hammer in Infinity War.
>>
Nitpick: Red Skull says Gamora, daughter of Thanos, but she's adopted. In Endgame, he knows the names of Natasha's real parents that she didn't even know existed.
>>
>>198563757
Guardians who were closely related to thanks weren't dealt well. Especially Drax who wanted revenge. Peter Quill wasn't treated like a badass leader.
Hulk change happened offscreen and didn't get to show full potential in final war. There were rumours that captain Marvel stole hulk's headbutt sequence against thanos.

Nick fury should have came with helicarrier and released flarken into battle.
>>
>>198595376
>Especially Drax who wanted revenge
The lack of Drax focus in the final fight in Endgame still pisses me off to this day. Not saying he should've been the one to kill Thanos or anything, but he definitely should've been one of the heroes rushing Thanos, like Steve and Thor.
>>
>>198563757
>Tom Holland
>Peter Parker
>Spider-Man
>>
>>198563757
No trans representation
Not enough POCs
Too many white male heroes
>>
>>198597013
Sorcerer Supreme
Every hero has a black friend. Every hero.
They've all been replaced with blacks and/or women.
>>
>>198596706
>but he definitely should've been one of the heroes rushing Thanos
They shafted him so they could have that convoluted girlpower sequence

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.