[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just remembered this series, and remembered how popular it was back in the 2010-2011 era. Is it worth watching? I remember chicks going crazy over it.
>>
>>198575336
first two seasons are great then it gets progressively worse, suffering the Dexter disease of background characters getting more focus than they should have
>>
It's really juvenile too.
It uses blood & Tits as how like Voyager used technobabble.
>>
>>198575405
Third season is redeemed by the villain.

1 > 2 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 4 > 7
>>
>>198575471
you're right, forgot about russel, great character
>>
Vampires shout their ages like how DBZ characters boast about their powerlevels.
>>
Literally gallons of coom just for Sookie.
>>
>>198575336
Like all HBO series, its good for about 4-5 seasons and then drops off a fucking cliff, this show is no exception. Its really fuckin good for 3 seasons, gets kinda weird, then drops off a cliff at the end.
>>
>>198575559
This made me laugh
>>
>>198575453
Its HBO, they know what works. Game of Thrones ' popularity was pretty much just nudity and gore until people realized there was actual good writing happening. (then Clarke stopped being nude cuz she grew an ego)
>>
>>198575336
Its amazing how unsexy they managed to make the cute girls of this show. Sookie was about as sexy as a broomhandle, her black friend was too angry, the redhead was too stupid and ended up with the fuckin 40iq guy. Lmao this show sucked.
>>
>The Iraq vet with severe PSTD is the best character.
>>
>>198575640
Why does it drop off a cliff?
>>
>>198576343
without spoilers, characters get really fucking stupid for no reason, whole story arcs never get finalized, i mean, basic HBO shit really
>>
>>198576343
a character gets her head blown off, then comes back as a vampire because shes popular, show is stupid
>>
Memeber them dropping the Hillbilly Werepanther storyline?
>>
>>198575471
Holy shit True Blood got 7 seasons? Who the fuck was watching this literally nigger faggot series?
>>
>>198576425
Not as much as i remember the fairies being evil goblins or someshit that never gets talked about again
>>
>>198575336
I remember enjoying the first season a lot and thinking that the next two seasons were a disappointment but I was a dumb teenager back when I watched it. It's probably all garbage.
>>
>>198576425
>jason getting a train ran on him by all the teens of the werepanthers

Yea uh, sounds really awful there.
>>
>>198576425
The show teasing Jason being a panther just to jebait all the viewers was pretty fucking stupid (but so is jason being a werepanther in the books)
>>
>>198576396
How was she popular? I don’t believe that. She was the angry insufferable sheboon that was a total retard. No way.
>>
Terra gets mad 28 times per-episode.
>>
>>198576506
Bro I dunno but they brought her ass back for some reason, cuz she sure as fuck didnt do a damn thing in the show after she vamped up
>>
>>198575336
Humans who were bigoted against vampires are all white conservatives we’re supposed to hate but the bloodsuckers were all psycho monsters anyways but because most of them were LGBTQ types HBO wanted you to sympathize with them. But by later series it got even more obvious.
>>
>>198576586
Well she became a lesbian which is not surprising for the show.
>>
>>198576563
desu her life is turboshit AND vampires stole her persecuted minority status
i'd be mad too
>>
>>198576633
Its almost like being a conservative is fucking stupid or something huh?
>>
>>198575519
Honestly a top tier vampire archetype. Believably hammy.

>>198576426
I imagine it was relatively cheap to produce. They paced the decline well. Each season had strong hooks for the next one. Seven was irreconcilable trash, but it was gonna be the last one and the sunk cost fallacy kicked in.
>>
>>198575336
>is this show for women worth watching?
Jesus christ op...
>>
>>198576838
Well there's not much else that's more stupid than supporting Biden in current year, so you tell me.
>>
>>198575336
I'm just glad these two met and got married thanks to show existing.
>>
>>198575336
yes, its worth watching. its /comfy/core and /coom/core. pretty funny too, sometimes. gets worse in the later seasons, but still watchable.
just don't go in expecting the sopranos/the wire/breaking bad/etc levels of quality.
>>
>>198577416
That’s like a lot of series like Fargo where the leads get together.
>>
>>198576838
Uhhh are you retarded? I just wrote that they tried to make Southern Christian Conservatives the villains but considering the faggot vampires were the actual monsters then what you wrote was completely invalid. No they were right to distrust the vampires because the series always showed them as evil. But of course your tranny brain had to take the globohomo non thinking discourse and type like a fucking AI tardbot as expected.
>>
>>198575336
Absolutely, it's pure schlock but that's part of the charm and fun of it.
>>
>>198575336
There was a lot of non consensual sex in this. Every episode someone was vampire charmed mind controlled into doing something. Kinda crazy a series sold to women had a lot of rape scenes.
>>
>>198578184
One of the biggest sexual fantasies for women is having sex against their will.
>>
>>198576343
Power creep
>>
>>198579211
Not a real thing.
>>
I forget how far back the archives go, I know oval had it, but we had weekly true blood threads when it was airing.

2007-2009 /tv/ was the best time to be on 4chan. We had LOST, True Blood, tons of great shows airing still after the writers strike that fucked everything sideways. I really do miss those years bros.

Getting old sucks. I really wish I was a vampire. I definitely wouldn't be a bitch like Bill and whatshisface in the later seasons that was basically vampire Jesus, all sad he lived for thousands of years. I'd relish it. None of that Ann Rice Interview with the Vampire weepy shit.
>>
>>198579847
wtf was Eric’s makers name? God he was such a mopey cunt.
>>
>>198575559
>Im over 3000 years old
Yeah they do
>>
>>198575471
Wait this shit went on for SEVEN seasons? I remember watching maybe 3.
>>
>>198575583
Same. I think Ive blown more loads to this show than anything else due to it coming out when I was a teenager
>>
>>198579875
Yeah I'm totally blanking on his name too, that's who I was referencing, he was a sappy little emo cunt.
>>
>>198576396
Sounds like an average CW show to me.
>>
>>198576343
Short answer
>Faeries
Long answer
>The lore gets too convoluted which ruins the appeal of a show about essentially out world but vampires are real
>With every kind of supernatural creature existing (and I mean real obscure ones) it becomes impossible to believe the supernatural is secret at all
>Then every character begins to have absurd things happen to them or do really stupid shit they would never do, or both
>Finally the show seems to deliberately set up arcs that might be interesting at the end of the season only to aggressively kill them and return to the stale status quo
Also the show really relies on good villains, and it just kinda runs out of them
>>
>>198576498
Were anythings are just fucking stupid when Sam just makes them all seem like the retarded cousin version of his powers. Maybe if they all were Alcide levels of strong they would be interesting, but Alcide was just a super buff guy who happened to be a werewolf. Regardless, Jason actually had a mostly decent arc in the show and Im glad he wasn’t raped into a furry.
>>
>>198576633
I am not sure what they were going for with that. I thought they had moved past all that when they brought Lilith into the picture, but then the big bad is just Sarah Newlin and the governor of Louisiana? How does Louisiana get a bioweapon more powerful than Vampire God?
>>
>>198579931
Godric
>>
>>198579847
I miss Terminator The Sarah Conner Chronicles threads and Glauposting like you wouldn’t believe.
>>
>>198575471
Seven seasons, only first two actually good, third hard carried by kino villain, yup it's Dexter but Vampires

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.