[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I haven't seen such quality in a long time. Of course, a lot of it stems from the fact that Fallout lore is just that good. But truth be told I have never seen a better adaptation of a video game EVER. And OK I know Netflix's Witcher is supposed to be based off the books not the games, but still, Fallout knocks it out of the park, all of it. The characters, the music, the atmosphere, the brutality combined with lightness. I think they captured the Fallout feel perfectly. Some were nervous before release that it's gonna be too much of a comedy but it isn't it's just the right mixture. And it's not woke at all, the jogger is both stupid AND evil. Find me an evil jogger character in modern media right now. There is none, except for Fallout. The jogger literally treacherously gypsies his way thru the Brotherhood of Steel into a power armor. Yes the non-binary character was uber cringe but it's just an irrelevant episodic role for that ESG money. The jogger literally puts a razor in the enbies boot and you can hear the enbie screaming lol

And of course the lead actress is very beautiful, but not only that, has very good acting and seems like an intelligent girl (such good acting requires intelligence I think). Rare in a world of Billy Eilishes and Sydney Sweeneys and Zendayas. Anyhow, it fits, you usually play Fallout as a female character. God this show is good, I especially liked when the cowboy actor was called a pinko for being in a mixed marriage and saying the situation is rough right before the bombs fall. I love Fallout lore so much and this show does it PERFECT justice.
My only complaint is the greenery, although it's not too widespread, there's a lot of sandy wasteland, but seriously, in Fallout an oasis such as Filly is a really extraordinary thing maintained either by some cultists or as a glitch of G.E.C.K, meanwhile here it's just a normal oasis, normal thing, with people casually living. I guess they needed some greenery so that normies don't get bored
>>
>>198576465
based and correct
>>
OP here
In fact, I dare even say this kino might save kinematography, along with Andor
>>
>>198576465
>meanwhile here it's just a normal oasis, normal thing, with people casually living. I guess they needed some greenery so that normies don't get bored
It's just refusal to film anywhere other than Georgia. Would've been cool to see a Fallout set where they actually film it
>>
>>198576465
tried too hard
>>
>>198576465
My daughter is two years old. Already im showing her black media, when she gets older I will show her roots and movies about the sins of our forefathers. It is my dream, that when she's 16, she will have a black boyfriend, and I can hear him loudly fucking my sweet girl in her room. My dream is to intrude on them with watermelon refreshers, give one to each of them, and fist bump her boyfriend while his erect BBC is still inside my daughter, as I shuffle out of the room for them to proceed and I can listen proudly in the other room.
>>
>>198576585
They filmed it in Georgia and not in California? Huh. When did filmmakers stop making stuff in the Hollywood 90 something mile zone?
>>
>>198576634
Thank you for this English translation of the Polish national anthem
>>
THANK YOU OP FOR BEING A BRAVE AND POWERFUL WARRIOR, WILLING TO STAND WITH THE DOWNTRODDEN AND OPPRESSED MEGALOCORPS. YOUR UNWAVERING DETERMINATION AND STEADFASTNESS EVEN AGAINST ALL ODDS WITH SHOWS AS BAD AS FALLOUT BEING RELEASED FOR YOUR CAUSE, ARE A TRUE TESTAMENT TO THE SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR CAUSE. YOU JUST PULLED THE WOKE SWORD FROM THE WOKE STONE. GOOD NIGHT.
>>
>>198576650
I believe the desert scenes were filmed in Namibia or some insane shit like that. Season 2 will be filmed(mostly) in Los Angeles.
>>198576690
Mindbroken little chudster lol
>>
>>198576664
???
>>
>>198576705
cool it with the ethnic slurs, russian
>>
>>198576705
THANK YOU FOR BLESSING ME WITH YOUR (YOU), BRAVE NARNIAN OF LIGHT.
>>
>>198576690
I know it may sound cringe but I think Bezos is the best of all corpos, he's down to earth and focuses on delivering products and sticking to reality, not hype and fake economy like Elon or legacy idlers like Netflix. And so I can see he allows more freedom for his producers than e.g. Netflix does. When you're at the top, you gotta play the game, everyone has to, but what I can see is that in Fallout they gamed the game, inserted an ESG character as needed but made her completely irrelevant and also humiliated the character lol, I think if more producers follow this path going forward we'll see good stuff like in the old times with the ESG characters being treated like they treated mandatory commie bullshit/censorship in Eastern Bloc filmmaking, basically making a mockery of it, letting it go and focusing on the good shit
At the heart of the diversity ESG bullshit in media seems the idea about turning median products from "American" or "European" to "global" to make it so that the entire globe relates to it... globohomo you could say. Well, there's a way to do that without breaking the quality as Fallout shows, just make the wretches of the world "identify" with irrelevant episodic characters with almost no screen time, all tick marks scored, and make the rest how you normally would

Fallout is essentially, for the first time, a humiliation ritual for them, not for us
>>
>>198576903
SUCH A FASTIDIOUS DISPLAY OF SUPPORT FOR AN AMERICAN CONGLOMERATE. YOUR SACRIFICE FOR AN AMERICAN COMPANY THAT FOR ONCE FOCUSES ON "DELIVERING PRODUCTS" AND "STICKING TO REALITY" SHALL NOT GO UNNOTICED.
>>
Would anyone watch a fan edit of this as a 2 part film,
Or possibly 3 parts and snippets of the vault tec cartoons are spliced in, to space the scenes out.
>>
>>198576465
The music isn't really something that took 'capturing'. It's just music from 'The Ink Spots' and Johnny Cash.
>>
>>198577044
When I played Fallout 3 I didn't have the radio on. Only in Fallout 4 and even then I mostly listened to the classical music radio. Let's Go Sunning is such a pleasant song
>>
It's anti-white, leftist propaganda.
>>
>>198577115
best part? anti white leftist propaganda made by a company owned by a white male who is one of the richest people in the world. he really knows how to serve the wokest of slop
>>
>>198577044
He means the actual show tunes composed by Bear Creeky or whoever, dumbass.
>>
>all this out of control shilling

goddamn guys. no one watched it.
>>
>>198577455
the saddest cope
>>
>>198577322
>>198577115
How is it anti-white?
>>
>>198576827
who are you quoting?
>>
>>198577103
Check out the red rocket radio bop mod for f4. Much better play list than anything in the vanilla game imo
>>
>>198577617
for me i knew it was anti white when all the amazon marketers kept trying to convince the "chuds" that the bad guy in fallout is their "representation" since he's white.
>>
File: battle.jpg (2.81 MB, 2848x2136)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>198576465
It's complete dogshit. It is nonsense. In order to like this show you have to be someone who can turn their brain off and has zero interest in compelling or interesting ideas. That's fine, that's most people, but it's a shame because Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas are all some of the most memorable and iconic video games ever created specifically because of how effective their worldbuilding is and how much thought went into creating a unique atmosphere and setting, and this show exists specifically to take a shit all over it

>have literally the entire country to pick from for a setting
>have a multi century timeline where you can set different events
>set your ESG slop TV show in the same setting as the acclaimed Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas
>retcon 90% of the interesting worldbuilding
>the Master, the antagonist of the first game, was based near the Boneyard in LA. His whole thing was kidnapping people from nearby vaults and settlements to turn them into supermutants. Untouched vaults in Santa Montica long after the Master makes literally no sense, they would have been one of the first groups of people he kidnapped. If not him, then the Enclave, who were doing the same thing in FO2
>The Boneyard no longer exists
>Shady Sands replaces where the Boneyard was. This completely shits all over what made Shady Sands interesting, which is that it was built literally from the ground up in the middle of nowhere by post apocalyptic survivors, marking the first real civilization with a unique culture untouched by the prewar
>Vault Tec nukes Shady Sands even though Shady Sands was founded by Vault Dwellers(???)
>Vault Tec started the war or at least wants to launch the nukes personally because... capitalism? Wtf??
>Vault Dwelllers are "privileged"? They're identified with rich capitalists? Most of the vaults were horrific experiments and most of their subjects were kidnapped or captured by the time of the TV show
>>
>>198577708
Have sex, seriously
>>
File: hendricks.png (334 KB, 518x793)
334 KB
334 KB PNG
>>198577708
>Shady Sands was nuked prior to New Vegas? obviously makes no sense whatsoever
>BUT IT WAS AFTER - cope, they retconned the video game and didn't even care to see if it would fit on the timeline
>Why is the NCR nonexistent? They were a multistate country that had multiple major cities. Why would the nuking of a single city cause them to completely disappear?
>Uhhh characters from the prewar can just magically appear in the post war without being ghouls because we're lazy. Remember FO4 cryo pods?? (Mr. House literally had to invest all of his resources and intelligence to create a single custom preservation pod that would keep him alive after the war and it turns him into an immobile husk)
>Mr. House implies he doesn't think the nukes are going to happen when one of the main indicators of his intelligence in the game is that he was able to predict approximately when the nukes would fall thus allowing him to prepare for it
>New Vegas is also completely destroyed and desolate

The entire show is lazy as fuck. It is lazy, retard bethesda worldbuilding to justify why they only have to spend petty cash on making everything look like junk trash like in their lazy video games. Creating an interesting Fallout TV show that actually introduced the cool elements of the video game would require way more thought, way more dedication to set design and production in creating meaningfully unique civilizations at scale.

>>198577745
Not an argument. I'm a writer. I enjoy worldbuilding. The original Fallout games are legendary because of how well designed they are and how thoughtfully their worlds were created. This TV show is a testament to the mass dumbing down of all society, a cheap, unintelligent hack job made by corporate retards for an audience of literally borderline retarded slop eaters who don't like to think. This is a fact, and if this makes you mad enough to reply, it means you have the investment necessary to see that I am right.
>>
File: BB1kXmYs.img.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
Ridiculously good. The introduction of New Vegas has me nervous, though. They will likely fuck it up in the second season.
>>
>>198577851
fallout tv series wasn't about the lore, the fans or the games. it was just another property with a built in audience to receive another hot stream of woke diarrhea straight in the face
>>
>>198577851
So why don't you make your own fallout mr writer? Oh wait, you won't. You'll just write walls of text that nobody will ever read.
>>
>>198576508
You are retarded you faggot with no taste normie fuck
>>
>>198576465
the jogger didnt put the razor in the trannies boot retard, the tranny did
>>
>>198576465
kek pretty funny
>>
File: 1709693040997897.webm (3.44 MB, 1080x1080)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB WEBM
>>198577904
You read enough to seethe and reply. Why even bother discussing anything? Go drink your retard diarrhea and permanently shut your brain off. You have nothing interesting to add or to say which is why you will never create anything. I normally don't invest so much energy in shitting on things, but Fallout is near and dear to my heart. It was the first video game I ever played as a kid and it quite literally served as the sole catalyst for getting me into writing, worldbuilding, etc. To see it fall so hard and be dumbed down for an audience of shit eaters is terribly disheartening.
>>
>>198577872
How can a girl be so fucking cute? Ok maybe not in that exact shot, but I really liked her in her wedding dress
>>
>>198576827
this post is extremely jewish
>>
>>198577955
So cute it hurts. Didn't like her before the show, fell in love
>>
>>198577926
How the fuck does it make sense for the tranny to hurt itself with the razor blade?
And then they have a conversation where the tranny asks the jogger if he really did it.
You're just spouting nig cope to defend the first jogger character in media in like a decade or perhaps even decades where it's made out to be the villain
>>
>>198577989
Hit a little too close to home, chuddie?
>>
>>198578034
>>198577955
Go have sex. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you post this shit about every FOTM female actress that catches your eye because you have zero interaction with women IRL.

>>198578043
the tranny did do it to themselves. I regrettably forced myself to watch all of this shit. It sucks. It is full of plot holes not just when comparing to the games' lore but within the context of the show itself

>nice white dad is actually an evil le capitalist villain!
>his wife was actually a lesbian who he was hecking raping... luckily the mutt lesbian who has dozens of people slaughtered by drug addict raiders is actually the hero and saves her :)
>remember, capitalism is bad! Capitalism obviously leads to wanting to destroy the civilization that supports the concept of capitalism
>this literal retardslop brought to you by Amazon, gigacorp inc.
>>
>>198578034
You're not picking the best shots of her that made me fall in love with her
>>
>>198578101
You strike me as the kind of guy who's never worked a real day in his life, and so doesn't understand the capitalism/state agreement to rape every paycheck you receive.
>>
>>198578101
>the tranny did do it to themselves
Proof? Literally that makes no sense. Like the scene where the tranny asks the jogger if he did it makes 0 sense. If they were such close friends and the tranny did it out of friendship, she would've told him
>>
>>198578135
Let's not get into my political positions. Capitalism and communism in modern terms are both just smokescreen descriptions of Jewish Zionism in slightly different forms, but the point is that corporations will feed into retarded delusions of what capitalism is/promote retarded critique of it so that people never actually understand how the world works. This should be evident when you're watching a "critique of capitalism" done by a fucking megacorporation, but again, the main audience is uh... let's just say, not from the top of the gene pool.
>>
>>198578191
> Capitalism and communism in modern terms are both just smokescreen descriptions of Jewish Zionism in slightly different forms

Tell me you don't want to be accountable for your failures again. Jesus, get a grip and be a man.
>>
File: 1711482205577207.jpg (61 KB, 770x600)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>198578239
I live a life most people on here would accuse me of lying about thanks to understanding the world much more intuitively than the average person. I can tell you live a life that is rather depressing and sad, which is why you are attempting to project like you have a grasp on anything reading into the comments of a stranger on the internet. Of course, I'm still wasting my time here, so maybe that's the last step on my journey. Wishing you the best.
>>
>>198578284
Well, I always know someone has an "understanding [of] the world much more intuitively than the average person" when they offer no argument and run away like a pussy.

Die in obscurity, faggot.
>>
File: 1000007186.gif (2.68 MB, 498x498)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB GIF
>>198576465
Nigger stamp?
>>
>>198578284
Lmao @ this anon
>>
>>198578284
Jesus. This is easily one of the most incelish things I've ever read, and I'm a former r/aznidentity janitor.
>>
>>198576465
Obvious Bait
>>
>>198578507
No. I'm unironic
>>
File: IMG_2457.jpg (307 KB, 1170x782)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
I watched 2 episodes and haven’t come back. Based
>>
>>198578723
You can't base yourself, fuckwit.
>>
>>198578736
I just did.
>>
It’s probably the best show of the last 2-3 years.
>>
The show is actually so good, its quite unbelievable. Acting is great, cinematography is amazing, CGI is great, sets and production design are amazing. I hope there's a season 2 with as big if not bigger budget.
>>
>>198578747
based.
>>
>>198578747
Based
>>
File: IMG_0210.png (63 KB, 400x533)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>198576465
How long will the jannigers allow this?
>>
>>198578723
The first two episodes are the worst. I almost git filtered too but episode 3 and 4 are kino I promise.
>>
Was this shot on film? It looks so good in HDR
>>
>>198577940
I wanna put her on toast... everything but her face.
>>
This show is fucking awesome. Is the last of us this good? May have to watch that
>>
So the other brother hood of steel guy, the fat one, he got fev right? Not ghoul juice?
Also what does Hank expect to find in New vegas if it's destroyed and vault 21 is donezo?
>>
the show fucking sucks, just call it fallout 5 the jogger and the white woman
>>
>>198576465
>0 nigstamps
shill thread
>>
>>198579535
The Last of Us is far more serious and arguably better than this even tho I give the Fallout tv has incredibly high marks.
>>
>>198576465
N1GGER
>>
This is the first episodic show I’ve watched since True Detective S2. Production is insane. >>198579116
Yes, it was shot on 35mm. I was asking myself the same thing. Gorgeous.
>>
File: 1713974881954003.png (239 KB, 600x900)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>198576465
Best videogame adaptation ever. Bethesda bros, we won.
>>
>>198581542
Lol this show just makes fallout 4 look even worse than it is
>>
It'd be nice if it concludes with a legit Fallout 5.
>>
>>198576465
>My only complaint is the greenery, although it's not too widespread, there's a lot of sandy wasteland, but seriously, in Fallout an oasis such as Filly is a really extraordinary thing maintained either by some cultists or as a glitch of G.E.C.K, meanwhile here it's just a normal oasis, normal thing, with people casually living. I guess they needed some greenery so that normies don't get bored
It's been 219 fucking years since the bombs fell. No plants and garbage everywhere is just Bethesda's pure retardation (though they finally stepped away from that in 76).
>>
As good as season 1 is, they could've made this a feature length with a bigger budget and it would've killed.
>>
>>198583308
Nah.
>>
>>198578135
>the capitalism/state agreement to rape every paycheck you receive.
Tell me you don't want to be accountable for your failures again. Jesus, get a grip and be a man.
>>
>>198577617
they made walton goggins character not insanely racist
>>
Mods do your jobs against shills
>>
>>198583185
Fallout 1 was a bleak wasteland with no greenery. But no one who watched this show or likes the Bethesda abortions has played it.
>>
>>198583477
Fallout 1 took place eighty years after the war.
>>
>>198576465

Bruh I liked it too

But not that much

Are you ok ?
>>
Show was so good we've had mentally ill seethers making multiple threads a day trying to convince people it was bad since it released.
>>
>>198577872

I wonder if Todd's mad and wants to use the show to rewrite new Vegas

Because there is no way they can move forward without interfering with the new Vegas game now
>>
>>198576465
Reddit: the post. Reddit the show.
>>
I thought zoomers taste was bad in 2020 but damn you niggers keep liking worse and worse shit and calling it great. Dune part two was worse than 10 star wars flicks.
>>
I like it and think it understands the Fall Out themes well, right down to difficult and weird choices that might appear in the game. They didnt nerf anything to the point of it being some abstract interpretation of what it should be.

Main character is a good metaphor for the coming of age hero's journey but done for a woman whose pretty clueless at first instead of boring girl boss. The themes of order and chaos, morality and sin, are well done, also touching on what we can sacrifice for order.

Their was some weird direction like when Maximus gets credit for killing a ghoul, when it looks like its already been dead for 20 years. Also Maximus smashing a decapitated head up was pointless and didnt provoke much reaction from Lucy or even ruin what was meant to be some romantic self sacrifice scene.
>>
File: fallout-bakersfield.jpg (90 KB, 1140x570)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>198577044
imagine if the show actually used music from the first 2 games
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZctTNwrjHA
>>
>>198576465
>no nigstamp requirement
shill thread.

Join the real one here:
>>198553501
>>198553501
>>198553501
>>198553501
>>198553501
>>
>>198583929
I mean, with showrunner blowing up all the lore established in Fallout 1 and 2 and then admitting they don't really care about the Fallout setting and they will continue to change it according to their whims, I'm not very hopeful for New Vegas. I guess Todd didn't push for the showrunners wrecking the Fallout lore, but he won't oppose it, because so far, they are not retconning *his* games and that's the only thing he cares about.
>>
>>198583929
heres my prediction
>House ending is canon
>New Vegas is deserted because House somehow couldnt prepare for the tunnelers/Siera Madre Cloud/ Divide Bombs you name it
>The courier is never mentioned, at most you see a corpse wearing NCR ranger armor and a pip boy
>House is still operating the lucky 38 but has gone insane and will be part of the mcguffin of season 2
>Legion still doesnt get even a refference
>>
>>198583900

Ya what is that about

I mean I was expecting woke stuff but the show doesn't really fall into that category

I understand the trans brotherhood of steel person

But the show didn't make them invincible or sympathetic and there was no major focus on them

The its getting to the point where anti woke ppl would call the movie predator woke

And alien woke

Look how they turned on Critical drinker
He made valid points and they freaked out

It did have parts of "the message"

But it didn't beat the viewer over the head with it like other media does
>>
>>198583980
>and think it understands the Fall Out themes well
It fucking doesn't, at all.
>>
>>198584029
or
>new vegas is just not canon
>the city itself is just another shanty town ruled by raiders
>mr house died 200 years ago, and instead we get an AI pretending to be house
>legion are just a bunch of junkies
>final episode is about taking over the place from the raiders and then shutting down the AI and re-naming the place New Vegas Republic
>>
>>198583987
Makes me want to try the game.
>>
File: fallout-aaron-moten-1.jpg (73 KB, 1400x700)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>198576465
>Incredibly low INT
>bad at school
>borderline evil, in part because he's too stupid to understand right from wrong
>prone to bouts of violence and theft even when completely unnecessary and counterproductive

uhhhhh was there an attempt at diversity casting that turned out inadvertently based and redpilled?
>>
>>198584014

I really hope Todd isn't that immature

Unfortunately I've only played fallout 3 and up

And most of my friends that watch on show night together haven't even played any of the games

Also I'm very fuzzy on the lore so to me some things could be explained with mental gymnastics

>>198584029

The legion have to be the big bads of season 2 and at the end they kill a show only sub boss

If the person they beat is Graham I'll forgive it
>>
>>198584031
you can tell they were dumbasses hanging off the ass of someone like critcal drinker in the first place, that dude got filtered by Avatar ages ago
>>
>>198584120
he's just poorly bootleg Finn from star wars; a comedy relief moron
just that writers are so lame that they even failed at that
>>
>>198584149
Grifter loved your slop too.
>>
>>198584122
>I really hope Todd isn't that immature
I mean, Todd's reaction when the showrunners informed him that they are blowing up Shady Sands was something along the lines of:
>wow, that's a really dumb idea that's going to piss off a lot of OG fans - go for it!
>>
>>198584122
The thing is that neither Fallout 4 or 76 added nothing new to the fallout lore, and those are todd's games.

The only options here for the future are Fallout 2 or Fallout NV and he totally despises them
>>
>>198584149

I kinda like drinker , he notices messed up stuff but he just points it out he doesn't let it get to him

>>198584171

It sounds like Todd just wants money maybe after starfield bombed

Microsoft is planning on firing him and he knows it

I do plan on playing og games eventually too
>>
>>198584169
It should have been obvious from my post, but I don't care about what someone that gets filtered by Avatar thinks.
>>
>>198584192
Fallout 4 added the Institute and the Minutemen.
...that's the absolute top of Bethesda's creativity. But hey, at least they didn't cheaply rehash the plot of Fallout 1 and 2 again, minus the cleverness, as they did with FO3.
>>
>>198584192

Who was in charge of fallout 3 then ?

I remember Todd saying it wasn't oblivion with guns

But If Todd didn't make it

that would explain why it feels darker and more chaotic but in a good way
>>
>>198577115
I too, hated dune 2
>>
>>198584262
If was Todd, with Emil as the lead writer.
And I have a soft spot for FO3. The writing and worldbuilding is so bad, that it's almost endearing, like reading some edgy 12-year-old's fanfic.
>>
>>198584242
>the Institute
they just copy-pasted that from blade runner
>the Minutemen
a literal raider-tier faction made of retards bostonians
Without the legion/enclave they got nothing except BoS and... vault-tec
>>
File: 1713893123710838.png (56 KB, 674x780)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>198576494
>>198576465
This amazon tranny shill thread is hilarious
That Amazon Pharmacy Estrogen is some good stuff
>>
>>198584333
...that's the joke. This is Bethesda's Fallout at it's highest.
>>
>>198576465
T. Jeff Bezos, his wife, and his wife's boyfriend
>>
>>198584262
>that would explain why it feels darker and more chaotic but in a good way
It was almost like a parody
>hey lone wanderer.. wanna nuke megaton? I'll give you a free room in our apartment + bad karma!
>>
>>198584329

I've actually always preferred fallout 3 to new Vegas

The level design for me goes a long way

The storyline in video games has always been just a means to an end so I never payed to much attention to it

Also I hated how orange and flat new Vegas was

Story was leagues better tho
>>
File: OIG3 (94).jpg (168 KB, 1024x1024)
168 KB
168 KB JPG
>>198584341
>>
>>198584361

I like games that let me be evil what's wrong with that

Any other game would force me to save megaton
>>
>>198576827
Pictured: Israeli settler seething and crying when he hears the news that Hamas Freedom Fighters have righteously prevailed over their occupiers by raping and killing his entire family.
>>
>>198576465
everyone wants to shit on this so bad but I think it did what it set out to do. make some entertainment for normies that mostly likely never played the games before. Folks at work talking about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread. to me that looks like a hit. don't remember another show that everyone couldn't shut up about at this level since GOT. Amazon's Fallout succeeded where the Netflix 3 Body Problem failed - it got folks talking about shows IRL again not just on flyfishing forums. #1 show on Amazon Prime.
>>
>>198584407
You can be an evil bastard in Fallout and Fallout 2, you can join the slavers and hunt tribals, kill kids and rape if you want it, of course there would be consequences for that
>>
>>198584443

Will non gamers even understand some things

I keep telling my friends to play the games before we continue watching

And None of them do

Even the guy hosting has only played the phone game

Without the games I don't see how normies understand any of this
>>
>>198584443
> Folks at work talking about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread
Your co-workers are just retarded millennials, exaggerating is just a normal millennials trait
>did you see that fall out show? best show eva!
>did you see that shogun show? like GoT but in japan! best show eva!
>did you see the new season of House of Dragons!! GoT IS BACK BABY!!
>>
>>198584443
Its not that good. Fallout the game series was never good to begin with.
>>
>>198584469

I'll play these eventually I said

I do own them just haven't gotten around to playing them
>>
File: maxresdefault (53).jpg (82 KB, 1280x720)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>198576465
Cringe and wrong
Fallout is Marvel Slop rebranded under another name
One of the show runners, creator and writers of this show is a nepo baby feminist that helped write the script for Captain Marvel
>>
>>198584236
I don't care what someone who likes Amazon nerdslop #2 thinks
>>
>>198584242
Minutemen have the potential to become the NCR of the east
but i fully expect them to still be a small vigilante group in Fallout 5 because Todd just hates progress
>>
Why are you ppl so angry and aggressive ?
>>
>>198576465
Amazon trans sisters
Rejoice
>>
>>198584507
What do you think they would struggle with? All complexity, conflict and mystery of the setting are is simplified into the personal drama and conspiracies of a handful of characters. If anything it is slightly less comprehensible if you know the games.
>>
>>198584229
>starfield bombed
it got panned but it still made 3 bil profit. Todd's not going anywhere
>>
File: 1ee.png (300 KB, 929x1175)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>198576465
>Of course, a lot of it stems from the fact that Fallout lore is just that good

Yeah, the Obsidian one.
Shithesda = niggers.
>>
>>198585040
Source? It was on gaypass, no way they made that much.
>>
>>198584507
>Without the games I don't see how normies understand any of this
what's there to understand?
are there easter eggs hidden throughout the episodes?
are there references made or inside jokes that they won't get?
it's just mindless entertainment..
you don't have to have played every game just to enjoy it
>>
File: 1713614591039088.webm (3.76 MB, 1400x600)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB WEBM
>>198585072
>what's there to understand?
>are there easter eggs hidden throughout the episodes?
>are there references made or inside jokes that they won't get?
>it's just mindless entertainment..
>you don't have to have played every game just to enjoy it
>>
>>198585125
This is not a game easter egg. This is just bad writing and Hollywood's lack of knowledge.
>>
>>198585125
>this is the shit that's being shilled so hard right now
I wonder what sort of audience is this turd aimed at
>>
>>198585072

Like how would they know what psycho and jet are
>>
>>198585059
:^) just mocking fanboys
>>
>>198583900
>convince people it was bad
You know what convinced me it was bad? Watching it.
>>
>>198584341
>if I draw the pretty woman as ugly instead that'll really make them mad!

why are you such an insufferable faggot loser? tell me
>>
File: 1714048891854339.jpg (16 KB, 451x421)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>198578386
We aren't doing the Niiger-thing here, this is the tranny shill thread.
>>
Finished episode 4 and it's watchable but I'm not really impressed, does it get kino later?
>>
>>198586320
No.
>>
>>198576465
stick to your general, shill >>198553501
>>
>>198586320

The first part is the strongest unfortunately

The drop isn't dramatic but its wanting

Like they get side tracked then they rush back to the main story

It's not terrible but it could have been better
>>
>>198586320
>watchable
What do you mean by this?
>>
File: videoframe_180077.png (2.38 MB, 2560x1066)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
OH N-
>>
File: videoframe_180342.png (2.23 MB, 2560x1066)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB PNG
>>198587510
>>
>>198585018
Like when Maximus and Thaddeus are looking for the scientist. They find his headless corpse and Maximus is immediately like "the body is worthless, we have to find the head". As a show only watcher you might just think "oh I guess in this world its common for people to inject information in their head". But since that is not a thing in the games an old fan will wonder why Maximus would think a rotting severed head is useful, instead of just assuming that it is the work of crazy raiders.
>>
>>198576465
Shecklestein
>>
File: 1525543937175.jpg (143 KB, 900x1200)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
Just finished watching it, it was okay. Can I get a QRD on the major gripes that the lore autists have with it?
>>
File: 1476548756328.jpg (134 KB, 500x880)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>198577708
>Untouched vaults in Santa Montica long after the Master makes literally no sense
The Master would've been killed/suicided like 100 years before the show takes place. Also the protagonist from Fallout 1 is literally from an untouched vault in California that the Master doesn't know about unless you tell him.
>>
>>198577708
1 hour of the show is a fun adventure with the ghoul with lucy and max, the other 7 hours is the Halo series with fallout wallpaper
>>
>>198584780
cared enough to quote me multiple times
>>
>>198576465
they captured the aesthetics very well, but the plot writing - particularly during the flashbacks - is pure fucking ass
>>
what were you guys doing when they said the line?
i was sitting in bed edging
"war never changes"
"oh whoa"
>>
File: 1711587549843321.jpg (140 KB, 1920x800)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>198590041
I stood up and clapped.
>>
brace yourselves

the mental illness containment thread just got deleted, the seething haters are on the loose
>>
Kino when the fallout 3 theme plays
>>
File: fallout tv hack.jpg (105 KB, 2400x1080)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
I legitimately grinned at this scene
>>
File: 1713979310054090.png (124 KB, 321x341)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>198590787
>>
>>198590833
I look like this
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if Quentin Tarantino ghost directed half the episodes
>>
>>198576465
I mean it's fine for what it is, but what it is isn't very good. You just like being pandered to despite the other pandering they did.
>>
>>198576903
>turns out this was not a satirical post
>>
>>198576465
They should make a videogame based on the show, I'd play the heck out of it
>>
>>198576465
I watched Fallout and didn't expect much as a big fan of new vegas but I was pleasantly surprised. As far as video game adaptations go its up there with the last of us. I was mad at first about shady sands but I have read that all the games are still canon. Its worth a watch for sure.
>>
>>198591478
So you heard Todd giving his damage control statement and just ignored all the blatant bullshit?
>>
>>198591478
>>198591519
The fact that a random ass lore city (which is literally only shown in the games when it's a village) getting blown up is one of the biggest complaints for the show is really telling that poltards are grasping for straws
>>
File: 1712372165261996.jpg (21 KB, 480x337)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>198591919
If you haven't played the games then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>198591919
>The fact that a random ass lore city
It’s the capital of the most developed faction in the setting
>which is literally only shown in the games when it's a village
Shills once again proving they know shit about the games https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/New_California_Republic_(town)
>getting blown up is one of the biggest complaints for the show
I have plenty, this is just the one that is the current issue.
>>
>>198591992
>Shills once again proving they know shit about the games
May I see an ingame screenshot of this "town"?
>>
>>198588257
Ghoulification being a magical cure-all for injury and the tradeoff being you have to vape radioactive piss to stay sane
Shady Sands looking like a pre-war ruin
Shady Sands getting nuked at all (Todd was sick of hearing about the civilised west coast being compared to his bombed-out shitholes in the east)
Brotherhood's insular and selfish nature (they ease up a lot in F1's good ending) has been twisted into a kind of religious fanaticism
Vault-Tec starting the war and auctioning off the vaults
House working with anyone when he was all-in on his mega keikaku to sleep through the war and then revive Vegas as a bastion of civilisation
Environment is dead as shit, when 50 years prior there was already a lot of greenery returning to the land

Basically it's more wanking over the rubble and the war, rather than focusing on how people try to thrive after the fact. There's plenty of silly shit they can still add if they wanted, like talking animals and psychics.
>>
>>198592268
You forgot Shady Sands magically moving to fucking LA.
>>
>>198592268
>Vault-Tec starting the war and auctioning off the vaults
imagine still defending this piece of shit show after pulling this
>we want le capitalism is le bad audience!
fuck off and die todd
>>
>>198591919
NCR going from the biggest military force in the west coast to a bunch of hobos dressed in rags is hardly something people can't just ignore
>>
>>198592238
Can you not click on a wiki link? And you want to say I’m grasping at straws.
>>
>>198592414
Sorry kiddo but I trust a fan made wiki less than I trust lore expert Emil.
>>
>>198592391
i really enjoyed the two desert rangers apropos of nothing, especially the part where it was just two snivelling scavengers in cosplay
>>
>>198592632
I accept your concession.
>>
>>198592632
>I don’t trust something that shows all the sources for its information because it’s made by fans
You’re really just digging yourself deeper here, but to put this to rest here’s a word from Tandi
>Was Shady Sands; Most folks call it NCR now. New California Republic - pretty impressive name, huh?
>>
>>198588257
Ahh another slop slurper that didn't play the games.
>>
It is actually good. People just got filtered because it didn't exposition dump in the first season.
>>
>>198576465
do not miss your dilution
>>
Why the fuck did the black guy switch heads. I thought their whole plan was they get the head to the BoS so the BoS could help get her dad? Did I miss something?
>>
>>198593194
It's okay. Very watchable, in that "switch off your brain, monkey see, monkey clap" kind of way.
I cope by thinking of 3/4/76/TV as its own wacky bubble universe with a naive spin.
>>
>>198593194
Having world building isn’t an exposition dump.
>>
>>198593414
>3/4/76/TV as its own wacky bubble universe
the shitesda universe, where everything stays forever
>>
>>198576903
Former Amazonian here, softwarefag.
This post isn't wholly wrong. Per Bezos's design, when the great sweatshop is working at its best, then the absolute worst instincts in corporate culture are all pointed inward, working for the best interests of the customers at the expense of the employees and their comforts or opinions. That's actually useful, "good" corporate culture. Build what the customers actually value.
Unfortunately, Amazon is rarely that these days. RoP is the glaring recent example, but so is their reliability target drops for AWS services and the proliferation of sponsored products and chinkshit in their retail search.
>>
>>198576634

Moshe, your fascination with black dick needs to stop. Shit in your freeze and suck on that when you feel the need for BBC, it looks and probably tastes the same as the real thing. Niggerkikefaggot.
>>
>>198593414
bad take, FO2 is way wackier than anything in 3/4/76/TV
>>
there are people who unironically think this is better than Shogun.
>>
>>198576726

how newru
>>
>>198593884
It's mired in pop culture shit which I can take or leave, but even the silliest stuff outside of that actually has something to say and is balled up in the whole living after the end of the world thing.
What Bethesda does is take the silly stuff and just make it about the silly stuff, there's no takeaway, and nobody is trying to live. People continue to live in squalor under the assumption that if a brahmin over the hill farts into the wind, a raider will sneeze and a radroach will eat them in their sleep.
>>
>>198593897
>shogun aka. women power fantasy modern televizion
yawn
>>
>>198593948
you deffo didn't play FO2 and just watched a youtube video of the game if that's your take, how tf u gonna justify a talking scorpion or a rat as a "takeaway"
>>
>>198594011
>muh talking deathclaws
I can't wait for India to implode in a shit-tsunami under the bloated weight of its own lower caste.
>>
>>198593414
It is only cope of you let it hurt you. Otherwise it is just wise to keep the universes separate in your mind.
>>
>>198594066
I wasn't even talking about the intelligent deathclaws, but at least now we know you're just repeating eceleb talking points.
>>
>>198594130
I don't care about your youtuber obsession or any excuses as to why you lack the development to register, much less consider, the inherent tragedy of essentially uplifting a species just to undo it. Your own intelligence is barely above that of a goat.
>>
>>198594243
Calm yourself down and be civil, you're simply losing this argument, no need to get all flustered.

Either way, explain what you mean by "talking deathclaws", we are not talking about intelligent deathclaws, we were talking about the talking scorpion and molerat. They are a different thing. You should know this if, as you claimed, you did not watch a youtube video of the game.
>>
>>198578034

Bitch looks retarded, legitimately Downy.
t. haven't seen the show, but probably will because Goggins.
>>
>>198578723

Based on what?
>>
>>198576508
Andor hater false flag post

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.