[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: check mate.png (750 KB, 1268x1360)
750 KB
750 KB PNG
Recommend me some good old "atheistic" movies
>protip: you can't
>>
>>198578444
gaytheists btfo
>>
How many locked up coke dealers want to murder him anyway?
>>
>>198578570
Why? He did his 'time'. 2 years wasn't that much but still
>>
>>198578619
Because he sold them out for this small term
>>
>>198578444
EEUUUUGGHHHH?!
>>
File: ricky2.jpg (32 KB, 540x718)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>198578444
Ricky Gervais specials
>>
File: the face of an atheist.jpg (256 KB, 434x605)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>198579453
Jesus Christ
>>
>>198579394
Wasn't it like 35 years ago? What coke dealers still exist from then other than some El chapo type guys?
>>
>>198578444
oh, the drug dealing snitch is an idiot, quelle surprise!
>>
File: 16813838255278202.jpg (77 KB, 728x802)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>198579950
>quelle
>t.
>>
>>198578444
>you can't be an atheist because ... because... you just can't!
>>
>>198578444
Absolutely stupid and dishonest argument.
By his logic all fictitious characters exist.
>>
>>198578444
>Everything else I don't believe in is now real too
Way to open pandoras box there, tool guy.
>>
File: 1714025010797.jpg (19 KB, 240x240)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
What kind of man is an atheist?
>>
>>198580032
>he doesn't know
>>
>>198580011
are you being stupid on purpose?
>>
>>198580057
The free thinking kind.
>>
>>198580057
A miserable little pile of secrets!
>>
>>198578444
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real.
>>
File: 1676456913228396.jpg (48 KB, 334x412)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>are you being stupid on purpose?
>>
>>198580140
Our Science, who art infallible
hallowed be thy name
thy progressive tolerant equitable democracy come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in marvel
give us this day our daily boosters
and educate us on our privilege
as we forgive blacks who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from bigotry
for thine is the progressive tolerant equitable democracy
The Science and the right side of history
for ever and ever
Black Lives Matter
>>
>>198580054
>>198580032
>things i don't believe in - don't exist

the logic of an atheist
>>
>>198578444
>>protip: you can't
there has to be a good atheist movie for you not to believe in
>>
>>198580239
every god you don't believe in also exists
enjoy being reincarnated as a cockroach
>>
File: 23999 - SoyBooru.jpg (1.19 MB, 3031x3166)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>198580239
>strawman
The logic of a mudslime or a christcuck
>>
>>198578444
I'm a christfag and usually I like it when fedoratheists get btfo but this is a terrible argument
>>
File: images (85).jpg (38 KB, 426x721)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
"He's got a point" general thread?
>>
>>198580765
Not very Christian of you.
>>
>>198580367
enjoy oblivion
>>
>>198581279
oblivion will pass instantaneously and without perception, and then I will be reborn
death is an illusion
>>
>>198581288
>>198580367
SAAAAAAR
>>
>>198581339
>nooo when I die I'll go to paradise and it'll all be finally worth it
>everything I've suffered for in this life... surely I will be rewarded for all my sacrifices!
holy cope
>>
>>198578444
Don't care if this is illogical, it's not the foundations of anyone's belief, I enjoy the proud solidity of his faith, he doesn't even need to use reason. Yes, it's stupid, but it's coming from a sincere place that cannot make me angry at the stupidity.
>>
>>198580377
>that image
>not a strawman of thousands of years of religion, culture and theology
And it goes beyond Christianity too, dumbass. The idea that le god is just watching our suffering like bad police officers has to be one of the worst attempts at atheist memeing I've ever seen.
>>
>>198581421
Yes, nobility is rewarded. All noble souls understand and submit themselves to this, without any literal harem-tier imagination such as you have.
>>
>>198581621
>>198581621
if god is better than uvdale police officers then why didn't he help?
>>
>>198580830
I hate this argument. Laws of physics and biology are the same in these worlds as ours, meaning a fat guy will still lose weight if he stops eating, you can't fire arrows around corners, a 5'2 woman can't overpower a 7'2 man. People give birth to clouds because magic exists, dragins fly aroumd because mythical creatures exist, but the world apart is still governed by our physical laws. It's so fucking lazy to say 'whoa, hang on. We've got an immortal zombie army and a smoke demon but your problem is that people are getting from one end of the world to the other too quickly?' It is so fucking lazy
>>
>>198581421
>I'll drink cow piss and swim in feces so i will be reborn as Brahmin
holy kek
>>
>>198581632
>without any literal harem-tier imagination such as you have
>...and in the next life I will have my own harem of 72 virgins, and I will live forever and eat fresh fruit from trees, and I will have a pony, and I will have...
>>
File: 1706442239138238.jpg (39 KB, 899x599)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>198578444
how did teens go from edgily being atheistic to edgily being pro-religion?
like what's up with that?
>>
>>198582201
they grew up
>>
>>198581682
Yes that's the point, it's not Islam you moron. All noble religion and metaphysics emphasise the selflessness of the striving.
>>
>>198578444
"ziiing gotcha".
>>
>>198582201
It's just the pendulum of contrarianism. Teens are always repelled by what they perceive as "mainstream", so they try to be against what the older generation liked. Boomers were religious faggots so Gen X started turning more atheist faggots. Now Millenials are mostly atheist faggots so zoomers turn into religious faggots again.
>>
File: wrong-donald-trump.gif (279 KB, 220x227)
279 KB
279 KB GIF
>>198582371
>Now Millenials are mostly atheist faggots
>>
>>198582201
it's just bait
>>
>>198581650
Because it goes to the foundation of the world and one specific event is a ridiculous case for or against the existence of God. Now you may think the presence of evil is a refutal of God as he is conceived by almost all religions, but neither Christians or any of the members of other religions think the presence of evil is a refutal of God, and, if they're educated in their traditions and have a devout heart, they can easily explain the presence of evil.

Cope all you like, this is a matter of fact and if you have such a serious problem with religion then you should debate theology and metaphysics.
>>
>>198580367
better than a human, honestly. especially if this thread is anything to go by.
>>
>>198581651
Why do you think a fantasy world is governed by laws of physics and biology? Kind of a silly assumption.
>but the world apart is still governed by our physical laws
Is that ever spelled out? Or do you just try to deduce that from the limited field of view that you have into this fantasy world? Maybe fire burns the way it does because the god of fire ordered it to. Maybe a guy is fat because his great granddad was cursed by a fat demon, so now all his off spring will always be fat.
I never read anything written by Martin, so correct me if I am wrong on any of this random bullshit, but real world physics do not apply to fantasy worlds unless specifically stated to do so. We can assume things work somewhat similarly, but the underlying mechanics will usually be unknowable.
>>
>>198580830
that's considered fat? clearly not by americans.
>>
File: 1712206317976075.jpg (9 KB, 177x180)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>198580239
Do you believe in the Lares?
Guess they exist now.
>>
>>198582201
contrarians. that's all. gotta go against the grain in all cases.
>>
>>198582371
The difference is that religion at least offers something 'positive'. Retarded teens may have just as superficial an understanding of it as atheism, but it's still a positive morality and culture completely contrary to atheism. They can at least be inspired by something genuine, despite the superficiality of its expression, whereas that's just not the case with the pseudo-religion of neoliberal scientism.
>>
>god exists
>prove it
>uhmmmmmm
>god doesn't exist
>prove it
>uhmmmmmm

It's a useless conversation. Nobody knows what the afterlife looks like, or if there even is one. Whoever says they know are charlatans or brainwashed zealots for an ideology.
>>
>>198582455
There are absolutely no positives to be found in larping as a tradcath on twitter.
None whatsoever.
>>
>>198582430
>but real world physics do not apply to fantasy worlds unless specifically stated to do so

not really. the opposite should be true. otherwise it's just hacky writing. it's impossible for an audience to get a foothold and figure out what's going on. being fantasy is not a free pass to do whatever you want with no explanations for anything.
>>
File: dolichene dickhead.jpg (1.72 MB, 3264x2448)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>mfw anon manifests Bel of the Palmyrenes into reality with his foolish acts of unbelief
What have you done?
>>
>>198580765
All he's saying is
>It's weird when people define themselves in opposition to something they claim does not exist
Even to an atheist, God necessarily has existence, except it is as "That thing which I don't think is real"
To an atheist, God exists in the same way that ghosts do, i.e., a fiction
Thus in their opposition they reify him
They should ignore him like all the other things that aren't real, and indeed this is what most atheists in history have done
"Atheists" that one knows about are by definition cranks
>>
>>198582371
i don't think the pendulum will swing back much in return. "Atheism" also got blown out because it had such a vile, obnoxious stereotype of a fat white neckbeard attached to it, which was easy pickings for virtually every group imaginable

there's no compatible angle to shit on for the religious counterpart. trad catholic larpers aren't nearly as ubiquitous and bound to just a portion of twitter, and redditors are too afraid to attack christianity as a whole when they're gently reminded it's the brownest, most diverse religion in the world.
>>
>>198582476
>it's impossible for an audience to get a foothold and figure out what's going on
It's very easy if things are generally similar. What's under the hood will barely ever matter for any story. You are too absorbed by youtube-essay-fueled ideas of what "good writing" is to understand how stories work.
>>
>>198582531
Yeah bro, every time a parent tells their kid Santa Claus isn't actually real their opposition only reifyies him to the kid. There must be a gas leak in your house because you're talking nonsense, man.
>>
>this fucking thread
>>
I don't believe Tim Allen is a faggot.
>>
>>198582531
While you are correct, the thing is that the concept of god permeates the culture in which most self-defined atheists live. Just like a vegan would probably not define himself as such in a culture where no one eats animal products, all identity only exists in reaction to the surrounding culture - be it positive or negative identity.
>>
>>198582535
>there's no compatible angle to shit on for the religious counterpart
There is, once they become overbearing. Being overbearing is literally the most important aspect for contrarians to start hating something.
>>
>>198580765
>this is a terrible argument
Yeah.
Its intellectually dishonest and a semantics game. Obviously people who say that they don't believe in God mean they don't believe God exists not that he exists but they don't believe in him like how you believe in a friend or a family member (believe in their ability trust worthness etc)
>>
>>198582474
True, but if they at least read a Gospel they're likely going to, or there's a chance they will, be moved by something in it.
>>
>>198582439
This is the british regular size
>>
>>198579453
Christchuds, are you not offended!? Are you not offended!?
>>
>>198578444
You're all retarded. Bergman's Silence of God trilogy
>>
>>198578444
>Recommend me some good old "atheistic" movies
Dune.
>>
>>198582371
That would be a really nice argument if people who convert typically reverted back to atheism. But this usually does not happen, at most they spend years window shopping this or that special snowflake religion instead of just being Catholic like God intended.
>>
File: sam-hyde-what.gif (3.58 MB, 179x320)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB GIF
>>198583743
>God Emperor
>the chosen one
>allusions to islam and hebrewism
>>
>>198583821
> like God intended.
*Orthodox
>>
>>198582463
>Whoever says they know are charlatans or brainwashed zealots for an ideology.
They could simply be mistaken. There are countless accounts of NDE, obviously these are not all in agreement, there are plenty of contradictory testimonies. But the choice here isn't between liars or blind zealots, people can simply be mistaken or what have you.
>>
>>198583853
The Dune universe makes absolutely no positive statements on God. And both Paul and his son Leto were the products of long eugenic processes to awaken a special kind of human being. The God Emperor may be called such, but he's just a mortal at the end of the day, regardless of his personal greatness.
>>
>>198583864
I give the Orthodox a pass. But Catholicism is Catholicism.
>>
>>198578444
people say that you can't prove that god exists but they can't prove that science exists
>>
>>198583821
The contrarianism pendulum is a generational thing, not an individual thing. People base their personality around what their parent generation dislikes. Very few people spent their lifes swinging from one extreme to the other. They settle into one corner in their formative years and largely stay there,
>>
>>198581651
he knows that but its just projection because he was offended at someone calling him fat
>>
>>198584021
Not sure what you mean by that. At most, I can see this as an age related thing, since as people grow older, they become more spiritually inclined as they (hopefully) grow in wisdom. Historically, we can find plenty of generations that flirt with secularism, but generally never outright atheism until very recently with maybe Sartre, excluding of course the usually dilettante and degenerate elites whose personal comfort indisposes them to the metaphysical. This contrarian hypothesis that has become so popular as of late simply does not gel with reality.
>>
>>198580207
this is a wrong fallacy. I know no one that calls himself non religious that thinks of science as a god
>>
>>198584104
Though it is a caricature, people who don't believe in God tend to build their churches elsewhere. But they all have churches, be it science or politics or race or family or material possessions or what have you.
>>
>>198584084
>This contrarian hypothesis that has become so popular as of late simply does not gel with reality.
For religion it's a liberal modernism thing, as in most of western history religion wasn't really a lifestyle choice. But the son rebelling against the father is a tale as old as time. Obviously the surrounding culture plays into this aswell, and as culture tends to change over time by a various amount of factors the "intensity" (for lack of a better term) of this contrarianism pendulum may not be consistent.
>>
>>198584178
that's really stretching the definition lol
>>
>>198584178
That wittles the idea of god down to the most reductive of remnant. Yes, almost everyone believes in something. No, not everyone has memorized a pledge for the sake of expressing their belief, and not every type of belief is the same as devote worship.
To think that the bond a scientist has with science is the same that a Christian has with God, is an insult to Christianity.
>>
>>198584277
Even Christian commentators observe rather frustratingly that religion is downstream from culture. And culturally, we've been braving the great unknown of mass internet communication and technological development. So one can't exactly find any kind of "contrarianism pendulum" trend by just hyper focusing on recent history. It's just another internet insult to me, even if I have my fair share of criticisms towards the "aesthetically religious" (which indeed is based on contrarianism and expectation to at least some degree, and I'd say significantly so), I think it's undeniable that we've observed a surge when it comes to actual religious sincerity which cannot be explained away by silly hypotheses like "contrarianism pendulums".
>>
>>198584178
>be it science or politics or race or family or material possessions or what have you
So real things?
>>
>>198584282
How so?

>>198584359
>No, not everyone has memorized a pledge for the sake of expressing their belief, and not every type of belief is the same as devote worship.
It is not something that you observe through formality but rather through praxis. And it's typically identifiable through the question "what is the most important thing in your life". What isn't the priority is usually sacrificed in plenty of ways.

>>198584379
>So real things?
I would say God is real and to claim otherwise is silly. By definition, God would be the realest thing that there is, the fullness of being. And depending on your professed religious belief, there you will find not only antiquity but also immutability. It's not like wealth, politics, power, etc. are not real, but they are definitely much less real than God, and when God ceases to be a priority that is when you usually see societies collapsing, a very well known historical cycle.
>>
American "christians" are weird.
If jesus came down to earth tomorrow they'd castigate him as a "libshit" They seem to think that the more hateful you become and the further you step from the teachings of christ, as written in the bible, the better "christian" you are.

Weird.

>Love God.
>Love your neighbor as yourself.
>Forgive others who have wronged you.
>Love your enemies.
>Ask God for forgiveness of your sins.
>Jesus is the Messiah and was given the authority to forgive others.
>Repentance of sins is essential.
>Don’t be hypocritical.
>Don’t judge others.
>The Kingdom of God is near. It’s not the rich and powerful—but the weak and poor—who will inherit this kingdom.

These are the teachings of christ.
>>
>>198584444
>It is not something that you observe through formality but rather through praxis. And it's typically identifiable through the question "what is the most important thing in your life". What isn't the priority is usually sacrificed in plenty of ways.
I see. Anyway. No, not everyone has memorized a pledge for the sake of expressing their belief, and not every type of belief is the same as devote worship
>>
>>198584543
I've already said that it's not about reciting a Creed.
>>
>>198584575
Yes, so it's bad parody.
>>
>>198582624
well, he must be a faggot for you not to believe in it
>>
File: 1694564461270879.png (236 KB, 665x965)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>198584603
>>
>>198578570
He put in his work. Word came down from the beast that God is watching over Tim Allen
>>
>>198584444
>By definition, God would be the realest thing that there is, the fullness of being.
You just described the concept of "world", you just decided to give it a consciousness. If I define a thing to mean literally everything, of course that thing would be "real". All that means though is that I came up with a word to sum up my ideas.
>when God ceases to be a priority that is when you usually see societies collapsing, a very well known historical cycle.
That is a pretty reductive view on history, but I'll leave you with it.
>>
>>198584648
The thing we were talking about. You know, the post that started this conversation. Where Anon wrote a shitty atheist creed.
>>
>>198580057
The logical man
>>
>>198584654
>You just described the concept of "world", you just decided to give it a consciousness.
The Creator is not creation (now with a brain). And you can't solve everything through empiricism, much less define it only through empirical observations. Plenty of things that are absolutely real exist only as ideas or concepts.
>That is a pretty reductive view on history, but I'll leave you with it.
It is. But as a generality, it is true, though I will agree with you that nuance is important.
>>
>>198584721
>Plenty of things that are absolutely real exist only as ideas or concepts.
do you think god is literally real or just an idea?
>>
>>198584178
Christians believe in the infallible, unquestionable word of God. Atheists believe in science and facts, which are neither of those things. Facts and theories aren't set in stone and can be proven wrong and this happens all the time and atheists have no trouble accepting the new truth. With religion, there is only one eternal and unchanging truth, which you aren't allowed to question or alter.
>>
>>198584721
>And you can't solve everything through empiricism, much less define it only through empirical observations.
I didn't claim that. I'm just saying that your argument is entirely semantic.
If I define A to mean xyz, I did not prove the existence of xyz, I just put an A-shaped label on the idea of xyz.
>>
>>198580140
free thinkers are agnostic or have created their own spirituality, not atheist bitches
>>
larpagans lost lmao
>>
My love and affection for the work of Tim Allen continues to grow. I wish he did more 'serious' films or even just had cameo roles in dramatic movies.
>>
>>198582531
it took this long for someone to understand what a bunch of brainlets we have here
>>
>>198584517
Religions are malleable things, hard as some may try to enforce an orthodoxy. It's not surprising than American Christianity would be reworked to reinforce the values of American power structures. In the same way Egyptian mythology was adapted to suit the pharaohs.
That's why I think polytheism is better suited to humanity than monotheism. Polytheism is more immediately adaptable while monotheism has to tie itself into knots to come up with numerous not-gods.
>>
>>198580377
>God must be held on the same moral standards as human because....because we just have to okay???
Atheists really are bred from inferiority complex
>>
>>198584871
that's still an incredibly dumb statement
>>
>>198582531
>this is what most atheists in history have done
you mean things like genocide, tyranny and cultural regression?
>>
The Santa Clause is a great movie
Christmas with the kranks is not
Big Trouble is fucking hilarious
Galaxy Quest is fucking hilarious
And my personal favorite
Richer or Poorer with the incomparable Kirstie Alley
Television and film discussion take your religious or lack there of soap boxing to his and hume
>>
>>198584517
It's kind of funny that I'm a hardcore atheist but I live by most of these values more than the average christian does.
>>
>>198578444
Modern atheism is is just jewish secularism under another name
>>
>>198582531
The problem is that religion does not exist in a void, it influences society. A lot of the recent opposition to religion in the US was born out of evangelical Christian's support for dumb bullshit like "intelligent design" at the expense of actual science. If religion was benign you wouldn't have so many people vocally in opposition to it.
Also Tim Allen is absolutely not saying that, he's just a dumbass with a coke-ruined brain.
>>
>>198584935
larpatheist moment
>>
>>198584909
If God isn't moral then why should he be a source of morals?
>>
>>198582583
If you were filling out a form and under Religious Beliefs you wrote "Anti-Santa-ist", an impartial observer would rightly conclude that you were the opposite of someone who didn't care about or believe in Santa Claus: he would be realer to you than to anybody else
>>198582652
True, but one could find many other things, widely accepted, that one might reasonably disbelieve without making a big thing about it. Also, all cultures have some kind of belief in some kind of god or gods.
>>198584871
I was surprised myself
>>198584916
Speaking of brainlets
>>
>>198584760
>do you think god is literally real or just an idea?
This is a false dichotomy. The number zero is just an idea, but it is also real. I obviously do not think God is just an idea, but He is accessible through rational means, both inductive and deductive, like how the Ancient Greeks managed to find monotheism.

>>198584821
>I didn't claim that. I'm just saying that your argument is entirely semantic.
Look, we all have definitions. This is not "semantic". Otherwise, I could very well just call your argument semantic and leave at that. You might reject my definition, but one was given.
>>
time bandits. it was all a dream
>>
>Kike gods are le hecking based!
I hate the christcuck larpers on this board so much.
>>
>>198584983
>True, but one could find many other things, widely accepted, that one might reasonably disbelieve without making a big thing about it.
And if that disbelief is frequent enough, there will be a name invented for that disbelief. Doesn't mean everyone who then uses that name to refer to themselves, shapes their entire personality around that name. Using a word to refer to a concept is not the same as "making a big thing about it".
>>
>>198584975
Nah it's true bro. Just ignore all the jesus and god stuff in that list (ok thats half) and thats the shit I believe in and live by
>>
>>198584995
wtf you're not even a christian lmao
>>
>>198585068
Huh?
>>
>>198584995
>You might reject my definition, but one was given.
I do not say your definition is false, I'm saying having a definition of something does not make that something true or false. It just means having a definition. Then refering to that definition as proof of anything is a semantic argument. If you haven't read Kant, you really should.
>"A means xyz, if xyz was not A then why does A mean xyz?"
This is not a logical argument. This is semantics.
>>
>>198584721
Ideas and concepts that are real have real-world implementations. You can say "there are 0 apples in this crate". God does not work like that.
Also pretty much all religions always claim that their deities or supernatural events have existed on some level in the real world. The God of the Bible caused a global flood and turned a woman into salt. That's not abstract on any level. The fact that he has to be reduced to an abstraction is a result of the lack of evidence of his existence, it's retreating from the real world. The people who first believed these religions didn't think like that, they literally believed that their gods existed on the physical plane and worshiping them had practical value. There are many who still think like that.
>>
>>198584983
This is ridiculous. So if I'm an anti-fascist or an ani-communist, that means I actually secretly believe in fascism/communism? Bullshit. Just because you care about opposing something, doesn't mean you believe in it or that it is real. Yes the BELIEF IN GOD is real, and you can aggressively oppose the BELIEF IN GOD, but that means you oppose the BELIEF and not the non existant GOD.
>>
>>198585037
i can relate because I'm religious yet more intelligent, rational and open-minded than the average atheist
>>
>>198585121
>God does not work like that.
This obviously isn't true. Not only because God is logically and practically useful as an unmoved mover, it is also important for things like natural law and an understanding of objective morality. It extremely silly to claim otherwise.
>>
>>198584517
the most important teaching of christianity is not to be jewish the whole point of jesus's message is to extend what jews believe belongs to them to everyone it is paradoxically a spiritual communism and they killed him and martyred him for preaching it. christianity is anti jewish simple as
>>
>>198585112
>If you haven't read Kant, you really should.
I don't like ze Germans.
>>"A means xyz, if xyz was not A then why does A mean xyz?"
>This is not a logical argument.
Okay, but I'm not sure where I've done that.
>>
>>198584953
correct and communism is christian secularism
>>
>>198585210
kants work is short and very important eat your vegetables
>>
>>198585121
Not that guy, and neither am I Christian, but one of the interesting things about Christianity as a religion is how not-worldly it became. In 1 Kings 19 it's specifically stated how God is not in natural phenomena, for example. But since the bible is first and foremost a historical work with a plethora of different authors, it's a bit of a messy patchwork. The newer stuff usually overwrites the older stuff, and most (non crazy) Christians tend to see the stories in the old testament as myths rather than historic accounts. The story of genesis or Noah or Job is not a story of something that really happened, it is just something that informs the reader's world view.
>>
>>198584980
I'm having a hard time making any sense of this post.
>>
>>198585168
How is an "unmoved mover" practically useful? And why does it have to be called God and given a religious connotation/baggage? You're not even talking about something strictly "real", you're just making a typical god-of-the-gaps apologetics argument. There's no hard proof that the universe had to have an "unmoved mover".
That stuff about natural law and objective morality is just gibberish. You are not a bright person, don't call others "silly".
>>
>>198585247
>The story of genesis or Noah or Job is not a story of something that really happened
breh
>>
>>198585249
It doesn't make any sense, that's the point.
>>
>>198584980
>>198585249
kek

>i tried too
>>
>>198585210
>I don't like ze Germans.
If you are an intellectual Christian there is no way around German Idealism, sorry. You should atleast be familiar with the most important ones.

>Okay, but I'm not sure where I've done that.
You said "god has [these qualities] and since [these qualities] exist in the world that means god is real".
>>
>>198585145
The average atheist is still an average human, which means they're fucking stupid and haven't actually thought about what it truly means to be atheist or religious and they haven't ever truly questioned their own beliefs. I think I'm better than the average atheist as well. But then a lot of atheists aren't real atheists, they are just fags who were just not raised to be religious and then stopped there, they then never really questioned their reality. A true atheist can't possibly be converted to a religion since religion is incompatible with the deeply logical worldview of a true atheist, yet atheists still convert all the time so obviously a lot of us aren't true atheists.
>>
>>198585272
Yeah, American nutcases tend to be creationists. But creationists are the laughingstock of not only atheists, but also of most Christians around the world.
>>
>>198585250
>How is an "unmoved mover" practically useful?
Because it stops your brain from falling to the trap of infinite regressions and ultimately stating that men can get pregnant. It's observed rationality.
>And why does it have to be called God and given a religious connotation/baggage?
It has to be called God. This is, however, a theistic framework and not necessarily religious or denominational, although obviously plenty of religions use it.
>You're not even talking about something strictly "real", you're just making a typical god-of-the-gaps apologetics argument.
Calm down, Descartes. You're saying "god-of-the-gaps" but I'm not sure you understand what that means. Because this isn't it.
>There's no hard proof that the universe had to have an "unmoved mover".
According to who? What is the most logical competing hypothesis then? That the universal is eternal? So why doesn't the universe display the maximal qualities of being?
>That stuff about natural law and objective morality is just gibberish.
What?
>>
>>198585247
>and most (non crazy) Christians tend to see the stories in the old testament as myths rather than historic accounts
They HAVE to do that because they exist in the modern world and have access to knowledge that those of yesteryear did not. It's mental compartmentalization and cherrypicking. This part of the Bible which is clearly absurd is a "metaphor", this other part which I find useful is literal.
And it's important to state that the primary reason some atheists are vocal about religion is because so many believe that it's literal. The way apologetics try to water it down to some abstract concept is purely a rhetorical conceit and does not reflect the real world.
>>
>>198585329
>the maximal qualities of being?
Because these qualities are man-made inventions.
>>
>>198585312
the vast majority of christians actually believe in god and the bible, how is this at all controversial
>>
>>198580057
The kind that films themselves shoving bananas up their asses.
>>
>>198585329
Actual gibberish.
>>
>>198585297
one of the few high iq posts in here
>>
>>198584963
None of the fedora-tippers queefing about intelligent design could actually articulate the flaws with the theory of evolution, which is why they preferred to debate young earth creationists and other irrelevants instead
>>
>>198585346
>This part of the Bible which is clearly absurd is a "metaphor"
Most non-creationists don't even say that. They say it is a story. Not every story is a metaphor.

>>198585360
Believing in the bible is not the same as taking the bible as literal historic account.
>>
>>198578444
>>
File: toad.jpg (11 KB, 251x242)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>198585329
>you have to believe God is real because trannies
just say that ahead of time instead of pretending to be a serious person
>>
>>198585346
How long before people just reject all literalism of the scriptures and just teach Jesus' message as a non-supernatural ethical framework? Because I could get down with being a "christian" in that sense.
>>
File: 1712119308864302.gif (2.57 MB, 211x374)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB GIF
>>198584975
How precisely does one go about pretending not to believe?
Prima facie it would appear that you got a little too booty blasted at being called a tradlarper and that this abject gibberish is the ever so tragic result of said rectal distress.
>>
>>198585290
>If you are an intellectual Christian there is no way around German Idealism, sorry.
I've tried to read Kant but I just can't stand the autism. I have a monkey brain, my teacher is Socrates.
>>198585290
>You said "god has [these qualities] and since [these qualities] exist in the world that means god is real".
St. Thomas Aquinas is known for Absolute Divine Simplicity. God is slave to His nature. God isn't everything, but He expresses His own properties to the highest possible level, to the point where there should be zero potential. Creation should express many aspects of the divine, but should also express things that are antithetical to God, namely time or death or disease or what have you. Certain properties of God are known only through the Imago Dei, including moral properties like discerning evil. So if we are able to identify in nature stuff like the Imago Dei, it should logically follow that this is maximally expressed in God.
>>
>>198578444
>convicted druglord talking about god

I hope people like him and every "religious" mexican cartel member have a special place in hell
>>
>>198585028
Nonsense. Disbelief in things that are believed in by zero people are disbelieved by 100% of the time, and almost all of them have no name.
Suppose I invent a concept; nobody believes in it, because they've never heard of it. I tell one person and no one else. This chap doesn't believe it. He publicises his disbelief, and nobody else believes it either; nevertheless, the concept is now made more real than it otherwise would have been. It is brought into existence to a greater degree: where there was nothing, there is now something, even if that something is "this thing we don't believe".
>>
>>198585429
Prima facie it would appear you are assmad
>>
>>198585123
You aren't understanding the point being made, probably due to low IQ.
>>
>>198585398
Young-earth creationists are the influential ones, dumbass. They weren't "irrelevant" they were driving public policy in much of the US for decades. No one cares about your abstract sophistry, they care that kids are getting taught that The Flintstones was a documentary.
>>
>>198585360
God.
You capitalize all mentions of the abrahamic God.
>>
>>198585448
Okay. My point still stands: having a name for a disbelief is not the same as "making a big deal about it".
>>
>>198585451
>t. still reeling from being called a tradlarper
Lol. Back to Twitter with you, Gomez, 13.
>>
>>198585411
Literalism is and always will be a very specifically American thing. That doesn't mean that the Bible doesn't record certain aspects of Sacred History, but it isn't a rigorous historical record. It is about man's relationship with God and ultimately about His plan of salvation.
>>
>>198585250
>There's no hard proof that the universe had to have an "unmoved mover".
Well, look'ee here, looks like we got ourselves a science denier
>>198585329
>the trap of infinite regressions
I never quite understood why infinity is a problem re: the unmoved mover thing. Why is it rejected?
>and ultimately stating that men can get pregnant
I know you're being flippant, but why does this follow?
>>
>>198585411
>just teach Jesus' message as a non-supernatural ethical framework?
I'm sorry, but let's be honest here, that Yeshua fellow wasn't that deep or interesting either. He had some vague "be generally a nice person and worship god" idea and that's about it. Mark made him sound like a bit of a loser, even.
>>
>>198585471
>Young-earth creationists are the influential ones, dumbass.
No, they aren't.
>They weren't "irrelevant" they were driving public policy in much of the US for decades.
No, they weren't.
>No one cares about your abstract sophistry, they care that kids are getting taught that The Flintstones was a documentary.
No child was ever taught that the Flintstones was a documentary.
You were propagandised by the Daily Show in 2003 and have not wised up since. Evangelical Christians had some influence at the time but they were not "driving public policy" and almost none of them were young earth creationists.
>>
>>198585522
Clinging to the literal truth of the supernatural elements is just as silly as trying to take the bible as some kind of infallible historical document, but you're halfway there.
>>
File: 1700364697946682.jpg (53 KB, 635x1024)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
The Christian bible hold the distinction of being the only Abrahamitic holy book that doesn't make the claim of being a revealed text.
Every last word inside it can be rationalized away.
>>
>>198585565
zoom zoom
>>
>>198585533
>He had some vague "be generally a nice person and worship god" idea and that's about it. Mark made him sound like a bit of a loser, even.
He seems to have taken some elements of eastern philosophy and married them to the traditional hebrew religious framework. I kind of like the theory that the actual historical yeshua spent years in the orient and then returned to israel even if it's probably bullshit.
>>
>>198585498
To name something is to make a bigger deal out of it than to ignore it completely, which is what one does with almost everything that one doesn't believe in.
And debating the matter in public, reading long books on the subject, and wearing an A for Atheist t-shirt, is to make a bigger deal out of something, than to merely name it. Tim Allen was 100% right.
>>
>>198580015
>base your entire identity around telling others what they aren't allowed to believe
>Why are you attacking me?
>>
>>198585438
>God is slave to His nature. God isn't everything, but He expresses His own properties to the highest possible level, to the point where there should be zero potential. Creation should express many aspects of the divine, but should also express things that are antithetical to God, namely time or death or disease or what have you. Certain properties of God are known only through the Imago Dei, including moral properties like discerning evil. So if we are able to identify in nature stuff like the Imago Dei, it should logically follow that this is maximally expressed in God.
Well if you define god as such, feel free to believe that. I'm perfectly fine just naming these things "ideas", "the absolute", "morality". You are free to call all of these god, but it will not magically make them god. You are caught in your semantic circle again.

>can't into Kant
loser
>>
>>198585573
I am 45 years old
>>
>>198585524
>I never quite understood why infinity is a problem re: the unmoved mover thing. Why is it rejected?
Because everything has a beginning. It might not necessarily have an end, like hydrogen atoms, but it will have a beginning.
>I know you're being flippant, but why does this follow?
Apologies for the flippancy. It does not logically follow. The crude point I was trying to make is that in the absence of concrete rational processes (which ideally should lead to God), then everything is permitted. If the universe does not behave as the mind dictates it should, then everything is permitted. The point isn't exactly the universe here, but rather how we should all be contemplating the divine and let it dictate our moral action.
>>
>>198580057
A materialistic man.
Always the worst kind.
>>
>>198585610
>To name something is to make a bigger deal out of it than to ignore it completely, which is what one does with almost everything that one doesn't believe in.
this is accurate, and it's also why "secular/non-religious" is the fastest growing religious designation in the united states and the actual threat to christian hegemony in the west.
>>
>>198585633
>then everything is permitted.
>then everything is permitted.
Sorry, I changed glasses some time ago and I'm having headaches.
>>
>>198585633
Why would hydrogen atoms not have an end?
>>
>>198585668
Dunno. But they don't seem to have one. They've been the same since the Big Bang.
>>
>>198585690
>They've been the same since the Big Bang.
No they haven't. What the fuck are you talking about? Do you not know what the cosmic microwave background is?
>>
File: 1688001836270009.png (3.78 MB, 1292x8757)
3.78 MB
3.78 MB PNG
>>198585566
Not sure what you mean. God is God. And Christ conquered death itself. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>198582430
>Maybe a guy is fat because his great granddad was cursed by a fat demon, so now all his off spring will always be fat.

Fine that would be an explaination.
"He just doesn't lose weight" isn't.

The point of a fantasy world is inherent consistency alternate to ours, not a total disregardment of logic. If you want women innyour fantasy to be as strong as men you should establish where they differ to ours.
>>
>>198585633
>everything has a beginning.
That's just an assertion.
>Apologies for the flippancy.
I wasn't upset, I just meant that I wasn't asking specifically how irrationality ends up at troonery - I take that point - but how infinity ends up at troonery
>>
>>198585714
I'm not a physicist, but I don't understand what you're trying to say. What is the expiration date of an hydrogen atom?
>>
>>198585646
Indeed. One of the things that pushed me away from considering myself an atheist was the discovery of cringe Dawkins/Hitchens type for whom it was a positive rather than negative belief
>>
>>198585715
>Make of that what you will.
I sure will
>>
>>198585608
No he didn't. Confucius had a lot of norms and rules about how to live life, nothing of this was in Jesus' teaching. He wasn't telling his disciples to meditate or orient their furniture the right way.
He had absolutely no fucking idea of Eastern philosophy. He just spewed some basic moral stuff, with child-like superficiality.
Part of the success of his later doctrine, really. Said nothing meaningful, so people can attribute everything they want.
>>
>>198579453
>>198579555
Ricky Gervais' hardcore atheist stance is bizarre. It's like he forgot he's English. Nobody in England gives a single shit if you're an atheist. Most "religious" people here are cultural Christians/Muslims/whatever; they just celebrate the holidays and ignore all the rules.
>>
>>198585763
how would you say jesus' teachings differ from the hebrew law that preceded them?
>>
>>198585794
He had, according to Mark at least, a lukewarm opposition to strict adherence, I guess.
>>
>>198582574
>You are too absorbed by youtube-essay-fueled ideas of what "good writing" is to understand how stories work.

Well GRRM (acclaimed writer) wrote that Sam lost weight in the books, and D&D (known hacks) wrote that he didn't.

Gee, I wonder what is good writing and what isn't.
>>
>>198580057
Usually intelligent and based enough not to cave to peer pressure like a woman.
Christcucks are pretty funny to me, they all love the idea of freedom and self-determination but they also bow to a bunch of pedophile faggots because they wear robes and tell their mommies that they talk to god.
>The government isn't controlling you and telling you how to live, it is... LE GOD!
>>
>>198585789
Atheism is the normgroid position in England and has been for longer than anywhere else. Gervais is a reactionary and doesn't know it; also a Christian, and doesn't know it.
It's the equivalent of "they took er jerb" tier antics
>>
File: 4245316455.jpg (59 KB, 549x558)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>198580207
>on earth as it is in marvel
>>
>>198585516
>noo! I'm not a larpagan atheist you mutt!
lol too easy
>>
>>198585861
You ever read the sermon on the mount?
>>
>>198585738
After the big bang, when the protons that now form the cores of hydrogen atoms had settled, they were not strong enough to catch the still highly energized unbound electrons, so the universe was entirey opague due to all the shit flying around. After a few hundred thousand years, everything had cooled down enough (due to expansion of space) that electrons could be caught, and since the universe stopped being opague as a result photons were free to move through space unhindered. That's what we call the cosmic microwave background, since the photons "unleashed" in that timeframe are still observable as a kind of static background radiation that is everywhere and comes seemingly from everywhere.
Atleast according to our current models. The CMB radiation is an observable fact though.

>What is the expiration date of an hydrogen atom?
Whenever the electron is taking away from the proton. Alternatively, once the proton decays. The point is, hydrogen atoms do have an end, they are not eternal.
According to our current models anyway.
>>
>>198582463
There is no afterlife. You, as a living, cognizant entity, are sustained by the biological process that creates and maintains your sentience. When you die, that process stops and so does your consciousness. You don't experience anything after you die because your body is dead and slowly decaying.
If I'm wrong, all the god fags need to do is prove to me that human sentience can exist outside of the biological limitation of our bodies. Good luck!
>>
>>198585123
i think you are trying to make a valid point here and that is that atheists feel the need to define themselves in opposition to theists because of the prevalence of theism and their fear of its implications just as with an ideology like communism or fascism; they cant just ignore it because it effects them so its a false equivalency with being anti santa clause etc.
>>
>>198586056
>After the big bang
My apologies, brother, but that is a bit pedantic. That was what I meant. They've been the same since their formation.
>>
>>198582238
>>198582201
>>198582371
>>198582412
>>198582453
>teens are now edgy religious
Based on what? Posts on pol? Are you people so out of touch with irl that you think zoomers are all going to church on Sunday wearing suits?
>muh pendulum
There is no pendulum. Nobody except a few people on pol and Twitter are acting like edgy religious people to be contrarians and even so they are probably just larping
https://psmag.com/ideas/gen-z-is-the-least-religious-generation-heres-why-that-could-be-a-good-thing
>>
>>198586023
"Turn the other cheek" was hardly a novel concept even back then, anon.
Not that any Christian follows that teaching, of course.
>>
>>198584444
>I would say God is real and to claim otherwise is silly.
He's not though. And you know this. You hide your larp behind flowery language but ultimately it's plain to see. Any discussion on this is pointless as you will defend your larp to the bitter end as you consider it the final defence against despair. You, and the 99% of religious people who aren't genuinely schizophrenic, need firmer grounding as people.
>>
>>198586093
there are still cognizant beings after you die cognizance never dies only "you"
>>
>>198586093
>If I'm wrong, all the god fags need to do is prove to me that human sentience can exist outside of the biological limitation of our bodies. Good luck!
Out of body experiences when people die on the operating table and then come back to life prove this.
>>
>>198586193
Prove it. You can't. I could just as easily say that our sentience comes from moon beams. .
>>
>>198578444
>this is the best argument christcucks can bring to the table
It's like arguing with children
>>
>>198582463
>There is an invisible monster under your bed that eat your toes at night if you don't give me 5$
>prove it
>uhmmmmmmmmmm
>I don't think that monster exists
>prove it

This is what you idiots sound like. The default assumption is always that something doesn't exist until it is proven to exist. Atheists are right by default.
>>
>>198586196
How many times does that happen? How many times it doesn't? How many of the people saying that were believers before it happened?
>>
>>198586196
>It was real in my mind
I'm talking about actual proof, not the larping of children and brainlets.
>>
>>198586178
As St. Thomas once said, "to the believer, no explanation is necessary; to the unbeliever, no explanation is sufficient". It's the kind of thing that when you know, you know, regardless of how much I find the arguments for God to be compelling.
>>
>>198586093
a sustained image in the afterlife sustained memories all that bullshit that is complete nonsense reincarnation gets it close but still tries to incorporate the idea of passing on consciousness "between lives". if you can "die" you were never really alive
>>
>>198586155
What kind of answer is that? I asked you if you read it.
>>
>>198586220
Now to be fair whatshisface is neither the sharpest knife in the drawer nor speaking for any christian other than himself.
>>
>>198586258
Yes.
>>
>>198586216
you are a solipsist then and not capable of discussing much at all
>>
>>198586106
Then you were pretty unclear. And many of them haven't been the same, anyway. Helium is a thing, just like every other chemical element that is heavier than hydrogen. All of these consist of something that was once hydrogen and now isn't.
I mean, I know this isn't really relevant to your original argument. I just like being an autist about this stuff.
>>
>>198586302
>Then you were pretty unclear.
That is fair criticism. I accept that.
>>
>>198580057
Someone post the guy taking a banana up the ass, can't find shit on google
>>
>>198586391
Why would you want to see that?
>>
>>198586288
Nice way of saying you have no proofs.
Concession, accepted.
>>
>>198586272
What do you think Jesus meant by "fulfillment of the law"?
>>
>>198586473
Well, to be fair: there are literally no proofs of anything. Mereological nihilism is literally the only tenable philosophical position. And that's pretty fucking shitty.
>>
File: 1584279868594.jpg (102 KB, 633x623)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>198586463
where do you think you are
>>
>>198586556
The truth being depressing has never been a good argument that it isn't the truth.
>>
against my better judgement ill provide a genuine answer. Read Job.

Few written works have ever encapsulated the age old discussion of God, and why does God let bad things happen to good people, which is almost assuredly the basis in rationale of atheism. Athiests were given their mouth piece at the early onset of the internet and failed to delivery any meaningful comment on theology or convert any abrahamic followers. And once you learn that almost all nefarious actions by Jews and Israel is to rebuild their temple, you will begin to understand where you are at in the war of theology.

Movies:
Planet of the Apes- surely you can entertain this scenario when you believe jewish darwinism over Abrahams calling

Contact- Movies for psuedo intellectuals and a closeted lesbian lead with a fundamentalists christian terrorist. Right up a jews ally

What film you should watch to shut the fuck up about this discussion?
A sunset Limited
>>
>>198586540
Well, he was essentially saying that he was replacing the priestly laws for his own.
But not too much.
>>
>>198586605
Yeah, but it also sucks.
>>
>>198586613
>why does God let bad things happen to good people, which is almost assuredly the basis in rationale of atheism
sometimes I seriously underestimate how retarded christians can be
>>
>>198585615
christians and muslims base their whole identity around saving souls and converting people and raising their children from the moment they are conscious to believe some made up jew religion. Your statement sums up christianity or islam more than atheism.
>>
>>198586613
>why does God let bad things happen to good people, which is almost assuredly the basis in rationale of atheism.
No. No, it's not. The root of Atheism is simple lack of evidence.
Maybe it would be the basis of anti-theism, as in looking for reasons to dislike religions, but an atheist has the same lack of evidence for a just god than we have for an arbitrary sadistic one.
>>
>>198586613
>which is almost assuredly the basis in rationale of atheism
Nah, it isn't. Atleast not for every atheist. I can absolutely accept many responses for the problem of theodicy as valid, within the framework of belief. But I don't believe in god because I see no proof for his existence. I agree that god is useful for a moral framework. I just don't think he exists.
>>
>>198585715
jewish drivel, every word from an abrahamic is a desperate lie to convince people into brainwashing
>>
>>198586669
That'd be a good argument if people didn't apostatised or converted all the time, regardless of one's backgrounds. Your entire insinuation is that atheism is an enlightened state of being, when the fruits of atheism have all be shown to be rotten.
>>
>>198582535
>there's no compatible angle to shit on for the religious counterpart
Have you ever watched news? There's always a scandal, or at least skellies in the closet.
>>
>>198586724
You sound angry.
I'm not here to convince anyone. Old God saves. You, however, seem very keen on convincing everyone that what I believe in is false, despite your only case against my beliefs being childish insults.
>>
>>198586737
vast majority are not converts though, most are born into it, more-so for christianity, I do not consider Atheism an enlightened state, I'm an Anglo-Saxon Pagan but I respect atheist over jew demons or christcucks, mudshits, or poojeeter hindus they are less cringe
>>
>>198586737
there's nothing inherently enlightening or virtuous about the truth, it's just the truth. it doesn't require any improvement to your life or downstream benefits to remain the truth.
>>
Bloody hell is god real or not?
>>
>>198586802
>there's nothing inherently enlightening or virtuous about the truth
There is though. Being truthful is virtuous, seeking the truth is virtue. Atheism is an abnormal belief that results in degenerate and decadent societies.
>>
>>198586837
>Being truthful is virtuous
Truth is, it isn't. The donkey bites its own tail.
>>
File: christian paul.jpg (204 KB, 614x851)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>198586791
you tried to imply that jesus is real for conquering death by resurrection, just had to call that out as a Jew shill, anyone on this site shilling for communism or christianity is a jew in Tel Aviv getting paid by the post
>>
>>198586800
>I'm an Anglo-Saxon Pagan
Oh boy, here we go. It's like I can hear the pimples on your face growing.
>>
>>198586865
>you tried to imply that jesus is real for conquering death by resurrection
That's a fact of history. Good luck spending the rest of your life deboonking the Shroud of Turin.
>>
>>198580830
Sam was addicted to Sneed oil
>>
>>198586837
>Atheism is an abnormal belief
atheism is literally the default belief of every person born into this world until they are exposed to religion
>>
>>198586837
>Atheism is an abnormal belief that results in degenerate and decadent societies
>>
>>198586837
christianity evolves itself into Atheism because it is a fale religion and god, look at modern society, we gave control to Christianity over the last thousand years and look at how western society is full of shitskins, jews, and race traitors. There was never a single Jew that ever lived on the Island of Britain until after 1066 when the Christians conquered
>>
>>198584178
Well said
>>
>>198586791
>I'm not here to convince anyone.
Shouldn't you be? If you genuinely believe that unbelievers will go to hell, then shouldn't you be spending every waking moment trying to save people from that? You failing to do so shows how much of an evil person you are.
>>
>>198586688
Atheists dont exist, you are just anti theists, there is only a difference in the nomenclature. Do you understand how paradoxical it sounds to me to tangentially admit Gods existence just to disbelieve it? There is admittance of Gods possible existence, just not believed bc there is no hard evidence. I suppose the most defeating argument for atheists is the inability to successful discern morality existing. And you must understand, blatantly believing in Christ is the same as purely rejecting.

You would be well suited to read about Julian the Apostate (athiest) who brokered a deal between Jews and the new followers of Christ, to attempt to rebuild the temple and see what that outcome was.
>>
>>198586887
Shroud of Turin is a proven debunked source though, thank you for giving the worst answer possible = I win, Carbon Testing revealed its from 1290 ce
>>
>>198586912
patently false, only jewish demoralization will remove you from the. creator. The default status is an awareness of energy and karma.
>>
>>198586949
>Julian the Apostate (athiest)
Julian the apostate was a Pagan, you historically illiterate moron. He wanted to bring back the old gods of Rome.
>>
>>198580207
>the faggots prayer
>>
>>198586618
Not really no, he was talking about his death.
>>
>>198586975
all you have to do to disprove the Lord Jesus Christ and the word of God is to rebuild the jewish temple for a third time. So go do it and disprove God. I have a funny feeling every single shit skin and kosher soldier will die in attempts to see it happen though
>>
>>198586949
lol lmao

You'll get some replies for sure, nice work.
>>
>>198585463
Well elaborate on that, just saying "lol ur wrong and dumb lol" isn't an argument
>>
>>198586669
It's kinda telling you mention children in a way that insinuates your logic trumps the authority of the parents.
>>
>>198587000
athiest and pagans are the same damn thing in this conversation, but ignore every single jew perishing in flames in your post. You are an atheist but a racial jew for sure
>>
>>198586949
>Atheists dont exist, you are just anti theists, there is only a difference in the nomenclature.
There's literally atheistic religions.

>There is admittance of Gods possible existence, just not believed bc there is no hard evidence.
That's true of everything.

>I suppose the most defeating argument for atheists is the inability to successful discern morality existing.
We're social animals. It's part of our survival strategy. For that, we developed empathy.

>And you must understand, blatantly believing in Christ is the same as purely rejecting.
Are you a schizo, anon? That's schizo reasoning.
>>
>>198586949
there is a real god, its just not the abrahamic one
>>
>>198587017
Explain.
>>
>>198587056
it does, if you abuse your children into racial and religious submission you deserve death, if you feed your kids fastfood every day = same punishment. You are poisoning their mind & body
>>
>>198587057
>but ignore every single jew perishing in flames in your post.

?????

Surely you must realize that random statements like this make you look like a schizophrenic person, right?
>>
>>198587064
not one of these addresses the reasoning that atheists are ill equipped at discussing morality without the existence of God. And yes, unquestionable obedience in faith is how you get fundamentalists. You have very little to persuade anyone when the crux of your theology is randomness in existence. So all of these random ocurences just happened to land on socially aware and adept animals. Right
>>
>>198586975
You think carbon testing can narrow the age of organic material down to a span of within 10 years?
>>
>>198587130
you clearly have no idea what happened when the jews lobbied Julian to rebuild their temple. And why the christians had no problem letting them try
>>
>>198587057
I consider any christian to be subhuman and not white. atheist and christians have more in common with each other than Pagans. christians and atheist encourage everyone to have their belief system and seek to be universal/global ideologies filled with nonwhites to the brim, vs Pagans who have an ethnic religion who do not care to convert random people
>>
>>198587140
>You have very little to persuade anyone when the crux of your theology is randomness in existence.
It's not a theology, it's just, well, facts as far as we can tell.
A theology should involve a god figure, by definition.
>So all of these random ocurences just happened to land on socially aware and adept animals.
Sorry, what random occurences?
>>
>>198586737
>Your entire insinuation is that atheism is an enlightened state of being
Nobody is saying this you retarded faggot, it's simply the default state until some rabbi bites your dick off.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (147 KB, 1280x1600)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>198586656
>you
>>
>>198587150
it narrows it enough to be 1000yrs younger than the era of Christ, christians historically have a history of forgery especially in the medieval era to prove their ponzi scheme, which back then was charging a tithing tax and various paid forgiveness schemes
>>
>>198587090
have to disagree, it is very compelling the story of Abraham. It is well connected and fits almost perfectly with more we learn of ancient sumeria etc. And also for athiests, even if youre right, it doesnt matter, the people in power are Abrahamic followers of revelations. Youd be best to understand the theology, even if you dont prescribe to it
>>
>>198587234
>Youd be best to understand the theology, even if you dont prescribe to it

Atheists are more likely to have read the bible than christians. That's usually why they become atheists in the first place, because they realize how retarded it is.
>>
>>198587234
Sumer existed before the Jews or Abraham, none of it fits together and Yahweh was originally a polytheistic god within the Canaanite pantheon, Jews just chose Yahweh to worship because they were influenced by Zoroastrianism. The People in Power are Jews and I refuse to learn that nonsense. Abrahamic religions are for the global cursed majority
>>
>>198587094
Jesus death is the fulfillment if the old testament law, he discribes people as unable to get salvation unless they are more righteous than the most righteous people imaginable and even transgressions of mind and heart as a definite cause for damnation.

He offers an alternative, a life of an idealistic struggle against the own sinfulness. Salvation ultimately comes down to grace and intent, not deeds.
>>
>>198587273
>That's usually why they become atheists in the first place,
Funny, what made me believe in God was watching atheists do mean and evil shit everywhere.
>>
>>198587185
How did the planet arise? The running accepted theory is Randomness in atom collision friend. Its not a creator based ideology.

>>198587273
probably the lowest effort post Ive seen in some time. Thought i was on /pol/ for a moment

>>198587299
There are not jews ignoramous. Jews have a covenant with moses, that jesus filled. They are talmudic jews, run by their rabbis, who follow Baal, Moloch, Saturn etc. You arent even worth educating on the progression of Enlil and Enki to where we are now
>>
>>198587119
Great, thanks for clearing up any misconcption I might have had about talking to a sane person.
>>
>>198586220
The best argument a Christian can have is that he doesn't need to prove that god is real because his faith in him is enough. Religion is about belief and faith, it is on a completely different playing field than the logic that supports the atheist worldview. This is why you cannot convert someone or prove the existance of God with logic, and why a true atheist will never be converted to a religion. This doesn't mean religious people are inherently silly and illogical people, like I said before faith and logic are different playing fields that don't overlap, so you can have both in your life and still be a reasonable and respectable person.
>>
>>198587339
newfag namefag = lurk 2yrs then post
>>
>>198587354
>The running accepted theory is Randomness in atom collision friend.
When does the Bible claim to be a science text book?
>God created everything
Oh cool, so next it will talk about atoms and genetics? No? I guess it never claimed to be a science textbook then you retard.
>>
>>198587354
Baal, Moloch, and so forth were all worshipped well before jesus, and alongside yahweh. The Jews of today are the Jews of the Biblical eras = all demonic and evil as can be
>>
>>198587397
Namefaging is not a thing faggot. Tripfagging is. You will never understand because you think you know everything.
>>
>>198587354
The planet? You mean Earth?
The current scientific explanation is big explosion, energy condensing into matter, graviational forces making some of that matter round, really.
I'm not really sure what you mean with atom collision.
>>
>>198587368
faith is an abscence of logic, you cannot have absolute faith in something unproven just because you believe its true, that would be very delusional.
>>
>>198587438
it is though, we dont want to see you break anonymity in an anonymous discussion.
>>
>>198584651
Based.
How high up the chain of command is God?
>>
>>198587368
this is a long winded way of saying when you emotionally conclude your position you can not logically be explained out of it. None of which is exclusive to atheism or religion friend. You can emotionally or logically come to conclude either

>>198587428
not worshiped with, worshipped in contrast, and the jewish tribes were broken never to be linked again bc of it

>>198587412
you have a non white demeanor about you and this is where your yous end. Reread the post moron. Your world was either created by a God or it occurred at random. There is no middle ground. And yes the bible is a better science text book then almost all of what academia provides.
>>
>>198578444
HEY MR CANDYMAN
>>
>>198587441
no the prevalent theory in big bang is that atoms collided in a slush pool of cell slop that lead to life
>>
>>198587507
Almost near the top.

>>198587464
>you cannot have absolute faith in something unproven just because you believe its true
I believe that is wrong.
>>
>>198587509
worshipped alongside because there was a time in history where they yahweh was not the only god of a religion, he's a stolen concept from other mesopatamian people's such as the Canaanites, he was a demon the same as baal, only difference is baal has a larger cock in his depictions, guess yahweh was the more submissive one
>>
>>198587495
Oh? I guess that means you know who I am and where I live then? No? Guess that makes you a fucking retard.
>>
>>198587531
What?
I don't think you understand what the big bang is. Or aminoacids, for that matter.
>>
>>198587562
forgot to delete "they" was responding to someone else in another thread
>>
>>198587585
you are calling yourself "newfag", I'm just assuming you landed here last week for summer break
>>
>>198587509
>bible is a better science text book then almost all of what academia provides.
Say one thing scientific about the Bible.
>>
>>198587585
because it is attention seeking behavior and not well appreciated here
>>
>>198587611
I guess that means I am still effectively anonymous and you are a shill bot.
>>
>>198587587
He is very blatantly trolling you, Anon.

>>198587562
I will never understand the idea of "stealing a concept". I mean, I know you are just poking fun at some ancient desert faggots but how do you "steal a concept"? The concept is still there, at best you pirated it.
>>
>>198587617
Everything written there is... true
>>
>>198587652
>He is very blatantly trolling you, Anon.
I don't know. Real life schizos do exist.
>>
>>198587562
theres a lot to unpack there, but its a helluva read if anyone wants to that route. Yahweh and his priests whoops each dieties ass though.

>>198587587
no im not well versed on it, nor does it change the underlying point, that either a creator is responsbile for existence or it occured at random. Personally the best non creator theory ive seen is fire inside water, like a volcano inside the ocean constantly burning that just had chemical reactions leading to life. I just dont see how atheists find that explanation more believable than a creator. Both require some semblance of faith. EIther in your own ability to reason (vanity) or in your admittance of ignorance (grace). I know which i choose
>>
>>198586865
Lol jews were against Christ
>>
>>198587633
That is tripfagging. Stop projecting.
>>
>>198587655
False and irrelevant. What part of it is scientific?
>>
>>198587716
Genesis, for a start
>>
>>198587617
let their be light, is not only a biblical verse, its certainly the first step in creation.

>>198587673
theres no troll, you believe jewish and wasp scientists over the word of god
>>
>>198587729
>>198587731
>Light exists
>Scientific
You are fucking retards.
>>
>>198587683
>nor does it change the underlying point, that either a creator is responsbile for existence or it occured at random.
Well, a creator just existing because would be also random. Way more random, really.
> Personally the best non creator theory ive seen is fire inside water, like a volcano inside the ocean constantly burning that just had chemical reactions leading to life.
What? I mean, sure, I guess heat does cause chemical reactions. So do a million other things.
The current scientific conception is pretty much molecular chains being able to replicate and different formations being slightly better than others until it starts becoming protozoa.
>>
>>198585615
>base your entire identity around telling others what they aren't allowed to believe
Making things up to validate your perpetual seething again, huh?
I just don’t believe in your god, I don’t care about you or what you do.
>>
>>198587758
would you accept the bible giving the process of quarantine of the sick thousands of years before science in UK did it for the plague? Or are you hellbent on moving the goal posts

Or perhaps the dietary methods to avoid gastrolienal issues or parasites?
>>
>>198585962
Everybody serves somebody. Who do you serve?
>>
>>198584909
Christians derive morality from their god and creator. You’re really going to argue that said creator shouldn’t have the same morals that he bestowed on us. Creatures he created in his own image? Christian cope is next level cope.
>>
>>198587758
>atheist doesn't believe in light
lol!
>>
>>198584178
>you love your family??
>heh, I guess atheism is just another religion
>>
>>198587832
>would you accept the bible giving the process of quarantine of the sick thousands of years before science in UK did it for the plague?
I mean, isolating the sick was hardly new by then.
But the Bible doesn't do a great job of it, does it? The Rabbis who wrote it talk about isolating the lepers... which, you know, not the worst idea, Hansen's disease can indeed be transmitted through touch, even if it's not super contagious.
But the Bible should have been warning people not to drink from bacteria-ridden water instead. Much more useful to avoid leprosy.
I mean, of course God must have known what bacteria was before microscopes were invented. Wonder why he decided to keep that tidbit to himself.
>>
>>198584983
>If you were filling out a form and under Religious Beliefs you wrote "Anti-Santa-ist"
Other is spot on about the gas leak. You’re really dumb.
Under Religious Beliefs, an atheist would put “none”. If they’re stupid and put “atheist”, they’re basically conveying the same statement as “none”.
>>
>>198587885
are you positing the creator feels lust and want? The error of athiesism is always the same. Hubris. Your embracing of vanity has blinded you to the fact you are here arguing that you can begin to understand think how God acts.

>>198587958
you must understand friend, when you respond to a poster who says "Im a christian" with "Im an athiest" it is you who has elevated athiesm to a status of religion.
>>
christians are so fucking dumb
>>
>>198588008
you have been given answers that directly prove your statement false, yet here you are spinning still. You were wrong friend. Take the L and move on
>>
>>198588052
I did? Man. Must have missed them. Care to repeat them again?
>>
>>198585477
no you dont lol, that shit doesn't deserve any respect
>>
>>198588035
anyone who isn't a religious moron can understand god is limited by the human imagination because he is a construct of it
>>
At least Bible and religion teaches really good and healthy things unlike nihilism/atheism that teaches... well absolutely nothing except that you can do anything dude lmao you can do drugs, and don't procreate, cut off your penis who cares ids freedam!

...well i'll stay with the bible thanks
>>
>>198585202
Jesus thought of himself as Jewish and early christians thought of themselves as Jewish for the first 150 years or so, dummy.
>>
>>198588163
I believe there is some relation between religion and penis cutting actually
>>
>>198588163
>BUT WHAT ABOUT TRANNIES
>>
>>198588163
Religion teaches you to obey the priests and give them your valuables. It's a con.
>>
>>198588079
no problem faggot, from Job and earths position in space. Job 26:7

>>198588172
this is disingenous posting. And rabbis were priests too during that same time. There was a divide among jews who held the covenant of moses and then the rabbis who said they had the true commandments and it split the jews. Todays Jews are talmudic jews and christians are the aforementioned moses jews.
>>
>>198588205
being conned by a religous person worshiping mammon literally proves the word of jesus friend
>>
So how does being a "christian" /pol/cel actually work? Do you spend the week spreading hate, vitriol and half-truths online before praying for forgiveness at church on Sunday (you do go to church dont you?).
Maybe you just like to peruse the bible during refractory times in between jacking-off over troon, loli and shota porn?

Very Weird. Very difficult to take seriously
>>
>>198588035
>are you positing the creator feels lust and want?
I wasn’t, but sure.
>>
>>198588209
>26:7
"He streteches out the North over empty space"? I'm sorry, I have no idea what point you're trying to make?
>>
>>198588035
>just shut up and stop sharing your opinion unless it’s to validate by beliefs
>>
>>198588189
for talmudic jews adam was a tranny. And their messiah can not return until their goy cattle are androgynous sheep. Get the picture yet?

>>198588279
He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
You are a disingenuous faggot ffs
>>
>>198588300
>He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
>You are a disingenuous faggot ffs

No. Sorry, still don't see your point.

Are you having a different argument in another thread?
>>
>>198588163
>Michelle Obama neighbourhood library

Well i guess Obama's rumors being gay is actually true
>>
>>198588295
you missed the point, you retort needs to be "Im not" otherwise you effectively are raising Athiesm to an option of religous choices.

>>198588263
its almost like chan posters arent one person, filled with anonymous shitposters who have no outlet in public. Dont for a second think it isnt non white people pretending to be nazi's majority of the time for lulz

not even a veteran in troll posting either. begone. Sucks to be wrong online, i get it, no amount of coy posting will cover its all archived
>>
>>198588386
>not even a veteran in troll posting either. begone. Sucks to be wrong online, i get it, no amount of coy posting will cover its all archived
Like, for real, you're having an episode, right?
>>
File: y.jpg (60 KB, 780x560)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>198578444
>“Modern science is based on the principle: ‘Give us one free miracle and we’ll explain the rest.’ The one free miracle is the appearance of all the mass and energy in the universe and all the laws that govern it in a single instant from nothing.”
>>
I'm pretty sure that manipulating the teachings of christ to suit your own, hateful agenda is an example of vanity at best.
>>
>>198588472
youre really just proving the only true Church is the Catholic Church but thats entirely new can of worms. But yes evangelicals and wasps have contributed a fair share of exploitation. Same as wealthy athiests and stand up comedy
>>
>>198588521
Everything after the council nicea is bunkum.
>>
>>198588521
>>198588472
alos why the bible tells you its a false messiah as the antichrist, so again another W for the Bible and another L for gotcha posting >>198588556
id say vatican II but im not in disagreement. I blame Martin Luther for the pozzed world more than jews. Fucking germans
>>
>>198587196
I don't believe that not wanting to know God isn't a natural instinct of any human being, brother. Respectfully.
>>
This fucking thread lol
Basically is what is he saying is:
If there was no God there would be no atheists
People being atheists only because there are theists
It's all the same thing
This is simple
>>
>le pedo priests
same energy as
>le trannies

those disputes will never end because both sides are the same thing
>>
>>198584801
>Christians believe in the infallible, unquestionable word of God.
Why wouldn't we? God is a Father. When you were a child, did you ever demanded your father to drive the car? You knew that your father was in control. Your Father is in control. Our Father who made all the universe and loves so much He wills the salvation of all men in His eternal friendship. Is there even a name for such supreme kind of love?

1 Corinthians 13

Christianity is the highest form of spiritual beauty in the world. And I believe it describes reality. Science doesn't disproves Christianity. It is more correct to say that Christianity proves science.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.