[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7400.jpg (21 KB, 426x180)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Does anyone have a decent explanation for this part of matrix revolutions?

>smith turns Neo into another smith
>smith asks anxiously “is it over?”
>Neo-Smith smiles and nods
>then the machines use their direct plug in to destroy all smith code

So was this Neo-smith aware of this, or did he think he’d won and just didn’t say anything for some reason?

Or was he a special smith. The same way the Oracle-Smith was special and the “main” one. Was this new Neo-Smith special and could see what was gonna happen and was fine with it or something?
>>
>>198579400

HOW IS THAT IMPORTANT?
>>
>>198579400
I wouldn't put too much thought into this tranny bullshit.
>>
machines are plugged into real neo, smith overwrites real neo, machines isolate smith code and purge it
>>
You gotta cut your dick off to reach the level of enlightenment needed to understand the Matrix sequels.
>>
>>198579541
Yeah but why was the final new smith acting weird

Oracle smith was laughing it up

Neo smith just said nothing and barely responded
>>
Bane
>>
>>198579400
Literally no former Neo was plugged in mainframe of Matrix. Keanu had visions to go Machine city and trusted his instincts.
>>
>>198579558
>why was the final new smith acting weird
because it was being controlled by the ex machina
>>
>>198579400
The oracle created virus smith trough neo when he revived himself and went inside smith

When smith took over the entire matrix and took over neo, it was the last part of the oracle plan to have neo take over the matrix

Neo is part of the matrix and keeping the machines in check
>>
everything that has a beginning has an end
>>
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 130x149)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
lana wachowski explains it comedically at the end of the matrix: path of neo video game"

" ...Neo stands on the verge of Satori;

Ready to resolve the paradox of choice and choiceless-ness, of free will versus fate;

But that can only be achieved through an act of surrender:

Which occurs after he's abandoned the perspectival nature of truth;

Accepting the totality of present-consciousness;

Which ultimately allows an evolutionary transition;

Transcending the Cartesian Dilemma through the emergence of de-limited spirit;

Which then provides the world with a choice of a third path, the path of Neo, the path of peace..."
>>
>>198579400
This website has it nailed I believe
https://www.matrixresolutions.com/
Essentially the matrix movies are about the war between the people running the matrix, NOT Neo/the one etc. Each iteration of the matrix is about controlling the humans, and The One is an inevitable glitch magnet that mathematically has to happen, he "collects" each glitch in the matrix (kind of a Jesus dies for your sins thing) like if you happened to see Trinity jump over 3 rooftops, that's a glitch. In this iteration, Neo did stuff differently than the other Ones. He goes and makes a deal with the robots, which is he will take in Smith and both will die if the humans can be free. (Smith was a total corruption of the program because each program has a job, and his job was to kill Neo, which he did do, but then Neo is still alive? So Smith didn't have to end and also didn't know what else to do.) So he just started devouring the Matrix and would eventually get himself into the machine world (like he hacked that guy in Zion) which would destroy them, too. That site made me personally appreciate what they made more, I used to think the first movie was the only good one, but they're all very well constructed if you see the entire picture.
>>
>>198581004
>Needing a website to help you understand movies made for teenagers
Embarrassing. I understood everything on first watch.
>>
>>198579400
Neo was a trojan horse and smith took the bait
>>
>>198581087
>>Needing a website to help you understand movies made for teenagers
I didn't need it, I had just completely dismissed the last 2 as CGI cash grabs, so I barely paid any serious attention to them. That site also includes the cartoon and the games which I never saw/played. But I now respect that they had a pretty detailed vision and they pulled that off.
>>
>>198581004
i still have to wonder how it was possible for these trannies to make this masterpiece trilogy but then never make anything decent ever again
even george lucas did better
>>
>>198579400
Oh here is another retard thread "hurr why is Matrix?"

>>198581004
>>198580389
>lana wachowski
lol
Fuck off with you sophisticated tranny bullshit
Trannychowski didn't even wright the original fucking script
It's just another movie about Christ but in cyberpunk aestheics
Neo is a space Jesus, Smith is legion, God is the machine face

Man, they even took the same names\words as in Testmanets
Grow the fuck up
>>
>>198581004

Ok but I thought neo and Smith are 2 sides of an equation that can cancel each other out. In the final big neo vs smith city battle neo realizes that he has to die (be consumed by smith )so that both of them cancel each other out. Why the fuck does Neo then still lives after getting consumed by Smith?
>>
>>198581471
Yeah, that's all obvious. I'm saying more that I admire how the world was built and operated. The programs had specific jobs but remnants of past Matrices had the power to let them continue to function "off grid" so now there's an entire underworld going on. Also how the entire thing isn't about
>space jesus
Its about Gods fighting, Neo is just a toy. Its about how the Oracle stole control of the Matrix from the Merovingian and also Architect, and all 3 had very different ways of doing that and there's a coherent logic in it all. And in the shitty 4th movie that control gets stolen again by Doogie Howser. As humans we're watching the human drama. But the machines have "morals" and drives that are different than ours. So again, these movies aren't about humans at all. Which maybe feeds into
>I cut muh balls off
but whatever.
>>
>>198581610
>Why the fuck does Neo then still lives after getting consumed by Smith?
If I understood correctly, it is now a NEW Matrix, and the machines allowed him to live because each time there has to be a new One to start to find the outliers and "contain" them. Something like that. He's already done it like 5 times by the time that we as viewers start watching.
>>
>>198581610
>Ok but I thought neo and Smith are 2 sides of an equation that can cancel each other out
Also I think that its Neo who is the important one, each time his abilities or whatever are to balance out mathematical aberrarions/glitches (which, interesting, some of those glitches are because there are remnant of past Matrices existing in each new Matrix, like Merovingian having supernatural bodyguards, they're from the older versions). As these build there is no choice but for him to go back to the programming center so they can "examine" him, and then try to make him better. Smith is just a way to make that inevitable return happen. Something like that.
>>
>>198580389
This is correct
>>198581471
>doesn't understand Gnosticism and almost certainly didn't get Reloaded
>>
I love that feel In films or games where you realise that what you’re seeing is a tiny piece of the puzzle
I.E when you realise there have been 5 Neo’s before this one or when you realise in mass effect that this is just another cycle that has happened billions of times before
Both reloaded and Revolution are highly underrated
In fact from the chateau fight all the way through the highway chase is a pretty amazing 20 minutes of film in reloaded
>>
>>198582073
>In fact from the chateau fight all the way through the highway chase is a pretty amazing 20 minutes of film in reloaded
Visually yes. But look at the plot details, like when the cops see Trinity and the Keymaker - WE think that Trinity is the one they want (because of the previous movie, etc.) and that the cops will go after her. But they go after the Keymaker. Why? Because he is a phantom program from an older Matrix, and their job is to eliminate those old programs. Its all about stabilizing the Matrix, while allowing Neo/Trinity/Morpheus to finish their programs (which inevitable will destabilize the Matrix). So they go after Keymaker, not Trinity, because he's an aberrant remnant of an old version of the matrix, and they say that. I was too dumb or distracted to catch that stuff before. But it feeds into all that stuff about the train station, and the girl, and the "Specials" in the Oracle's apartment. Its an entire other series of movies if you see it. Neo etc. is a feint.
>>
>>198581953
If your masonic shit ties into mass-castration, it deserves to burn.
>>
>>198582203
You let everyone tell you what's inside a book because you're too lazy to pick one up
>>
>>198582233
>you let everyone tell you what's inside a book
Like you're doing now.
>>
>>198581471
You are absolutely a year away from transitioning.
>>
>>198582253
It's obvious if you knew what you were talking about
But you don't
Because you only regurgitate things from social media posts by salesmen
>>
And don't forget how each of the Gods manipulate Neo. Oracle is putting things in his head by speaking but also feeding him directions in her "candy and cookies". Architect manipulates Neo by what he tells him, even by what he admits. Merovingian has him perform tasks that are designed to strike at the Oracle and buoy his underworld power. Neo etc al are puppets.
>>
>>198579558
Double free'd the smith pointers, causing Undefined Behavior.
>>
>>198582197
True, they do drop a lot of hints to previous events that we are then not given much more context with
Take Seraph walking into the club in Revolutions
They all call him “Wingless”
We know the first version of the matrix was supposed to be heaven with angels, but it broke due to programs and humans not being compatible, we can assume Seraph was again one program who helped to destabilise and lost his wings
>>
>>198579400
it doesnt mean anything, two retarded trannies wrote this shit and it never made any sense
>>
>>198581610
>>198581693
>>198581897
Because the Matrix was made to be flawed to be more appetizing to humans, it eventually causes compounding glitches until it crashes everything killing the plugged in humans. The One(s) eventually emerge as part of the flawed programming; and The One(s) returning to the source reboots the system. Things like killing off Zion and choosing new people to start a new one were added in to the function as systems of control, but strictly aren't necessary for the well being of the Matrix. In this iteration, the bugs/glitches result in Smith disobeying deletion and becoming like a virus. With Deus Ex Machina, Neo ends up defeating Smith by getting the deletion program funneled through him after he gets absorbed (at least this is what happens if you count things like any of the various media like Matrix Online's intended ending, Matrix Resurrections, or even the board game). Since he's not fully returned to the source, a full reset doesn't happen, but a 6.5 update occurs as represented by the lack of the green filter; bugs are seemingly no longer an issue, damage by Smith is repaired, and blue pills get their memories of Smith wiped. Machines haul off Neo's body, but in most media, keep him for their own purposes (unknown in the original plans for Matrix Online that the Wachowskis approved of - but is implied to be resurrected in a woman's body; to be used for a program to get free of humans controlling the Machines in the revised plans of Matrix Online after the game got handed off; and to be used as a source of energy in Resurrections).
>>
>>198582761
Yeah, mostly all of this.
I wonder though, if like a normal simulation, if each of these versions are only lasting for a few minutes or something.
Like, not only is the series telling you that humanity will never be free. But also that all these hundreds of years (maybe for each simulation) are only mere minutes of computation. A slap in the face to humanity.
But also, how are these major programs evolving to compete against each other, such that they can destabilize the program and then be the new "God"?
>>
>>198582550
"It never made any sense"
>>
>>198582550
Second one had some cool fights and a badass chase though.
>>
>>198582761
>Because the Matrix was made to be flawed to be more appetizing to humans
can you explain why they couldn't just be kept in a permanent medically induced coma. its not that difficult the technology to permanently keep people in that state is readily available even today
>>
>>198583659
I also wonder this. It seems extremely silly. A lot of the Matrix seems much more silly than deep. But I could be wrong.
>>
>>198583659
>can you explain why they couldn't just be kept in a permanent medically induced coma.
>>198583701
But aren't they already? There's this talk of their brain activity being electrically generative, but just sticking their legs with pokers over and over would do that too. But while they're "plugged in", they're basically in comas physically. But they also talk about also using fusion power, so its all weird. I'm not saying its "deep", I'm saying the logic behind it all is pretty well thought out and implemented.
>>
>>198583906
No, their brains are active. We clearly mean a vegetative coma. I didn't remember the machines saying anything about having cold fusion already, that's crazy. I'm just not the type to care about the half the details being good when half the details are bad. I was just hoping the bad parts were my own misunderstanding. I don't think I need to rewatch these again.
>>
>>198581656
>how the Oracle stole control of the Matrix from the Merovingian and also Architect, and all 3 had very different ways of doing that
okay but why are they all doing this? just following the default plan means they'll just live comfy...so why change it? Why temper and interrupt others?
>>
>>198584138
I think it’s implied (I’m making this up here) that the brain activity from being active in the matrix generates more power
>>
>>198584196
I think that's why its actually interesting, these are the better questions, and if you watch the movies with these machinations implied, the movies change completely. I said above there is an entire different movie series going on. For whatever reason, the machines are turning on each other every other matrix cycle or so, but why? Its not like they have "democracy" and new programs are voted in. But new dominant competing upper programs are being created for some reason. ??
>>198584138
>I didn't remember the machines saying anything about having cold fusion already,
Morpheus says something like "that (human brain power), with a mixture of fusion, was all the power they'd need".
>>
Seraph was a wasted character. I was intrigued by him challenging Neo and theories that he was a previous iteration of The One, from an old version of the matrix. Then he just jobs to Smith like he's fucking nobody. Fucking lame.
>>
>>198584957
He kinda jobs to everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F55hvUEpNE
>>
>>198584566
odd then that they'd even need their bodies since the brain can be kept active with just a constant blood supply. the whole human body (ie, lungs, heart) is essentially just there for doing that. and the machines would never have to worry about zion terrorist organizations if everyone was literally just a brain in a jar generating mega amounts of electricity apparently with just their unhappy thoughts.
so to be clear, in this world the most efficient way to make electricity is with unhappy thoughts. got it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.