[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dirty retard.jpg (51 KB, 980x471)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>walks into a cafe knowing there will be armed robbers in there
>has the drop on them
>doesn't shoot them with the element of surprise
>just stands in the doorway like a retard until they notice him
>wastes precious time talking about his coffee
>slowly reaches for his gun while telling everything he is reaching for his gun
>still somehow wins

Boomers are fucking wild, this whole scene was retarded.
>>
>>198581540
why were all the robbers black?
>>
File: deathwish.webm (2.87 MB, 1280x720)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>198581566
It was a different time.
>>
>>198581540
Boomer nostalgia is a wild thing. This whole film is filled with stupid shit.
>>
>>198581572
im glad that my dad was an older boomer when i was born. the racism just comes naturally to me
>>
>>198581599
My mom is more racist than my dad, especially about Jews. My Dad loves Israel but my mom (correctly) thinks they are snakes.
>>
>>198581599
My dad was hyper anti-racism and anti-nationalism. He was starting to change his mind towards the end, lel. It's easy to be liberal when there is opulence and you live amongst your own.
>>
Zoomers have no fucking imagination do they?
>>
>>198581946
>imagination do they?
Having a STEM degree makes plotholes 100x more annoying because unlike boomer highschool drop outs, intellect/critical thinking is paramount here.
>>
>>198582024
Kek.
>>
>>198581943
Ironically Dirty Harry was a reaction to the results of the same Commie policies and shit we're living through today but it was a result of the 60's hippie shit.
ie. At some point people want the cops to start cracking the skulls of Commies and other criminals.

Where was it set? San Francisco. No coincidence.
>>
>>198581540
Yeah, I didn't like how this scene played out. Sure he can be the unflappable tough guy, but he needed to be quicker on the draw in that scene at least for the criminals to not appear totolly stupid.

They already knew he was a cop somehow, so they should have been shooting him the second they saw him, and every subsequent word after it just got more ridiculous.
>>
>>198582024
Your generation actually believes men can be women, the vax scene, and you need Communism to solve muh Global Warming horseshit. So much for your STEM degrees.
>>
>>198583152

It was actually a vigilante film. Harry throws away his badge in the end because he realizes the liberal system is pathetic and can't enforce order because of it's own biases.

They retconn this in Dirty Harry 2 by keeping him on the force and have him defend the system against criminal killing cops. This is because after the initial release of the original film, it was derided as a fascist film.
>>
>>198583479
It is fascist though. It isn't subtle
>>
>>198583455

YOU TELL EM JOE

HOWS THE MOPAR BUILD GOING

I JUST TUNED MY CARB ON THE 'STANG AND ITS RUNNING SMOOTH

GOD BLESS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
>>
>>198583479
The point is that audiences were sick of niggers and other criminals getting away with shit, rampant crime, and Kike lawyers and liberal legal system not punishing them and letting them go, so they wanted to watch a cop give them what they fucking deserved. Actual justice.

That's why the political pendulum eventually swings the other way IRL, and why it will again.

The culture of the time is baked into the entertainment in a number of ways.
>>
>>198583488

It's cartoon fascism, a leftist's idea of what fascism is, like anything John Millius wrote.

Authoritarianism isn't automatically fascism.
>>
>>198583479
>>198583539
Correct. This is back before Rudy Giuliani saved NYC from libtard governance

Back then films such as Escape from New York and Warriors predicted a complete collapse of the city
>>
File: sudden impact dvd.webm (3.72 MB, 1080x720)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB WEBM
>>198581943
You are less likely to be racist if you are never around black people. you will have naive views about them
The most racist white people are the ones who have to deal with them on a daily basis because they live in a multi-racial society

racial diversity doesn't create racial tolerance as liberals like to pretend
>>
>>198583539

Right wing liberals always cuck. Even if you go to the furthest right you can go, with a catholic dictatorship in the form of Franco in Spain, they always cuck out because capitalism is their weak spot and high finance is full of liberal jews that want to influence society.

Simple as.
>>
>>198583599
>Back then films such as Escape from New York and Warriors predicted a complete collapse of the city
Good thing that didn't happen and New York is not a literal polluted cesspool filled with nothing but scum
>>
>>198583735
It's happening again, of course, but it's much safer than it was
>>
>>198583657
>>198583683
Rape revenge stories were more another artifact of the era. Very popular at the time. Now they kill your dog and you go shoot every motherfucker at close range with gun fu.

>>198583735
>>198583742
n00bs never know their history, they think shit was always the way it was the second they were born, that's why we're doomed to repeat it.

Same reason they never ask about what a Global Warming and sea level graph was doing for decades or centuries before what they're given, or even know about all the other 'muh totally settled science' end of the world predictions going back to day dot.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.