[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: RebelMoon.jpg (231 KB, 1200x675)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
Why is everything cool and creative dead nowadays? In every field from music to film, it’s all so dead and lifeless now..
It didn’t always used to be like this. Take someone from the 60s to watch an 80s block buster like terminator and thier minds would have been blown, take someome from the 80s to watch Lotr or the Matrix and again it was a creative leap.

It was only in the last 20 years that everything becamse so dull and creativity died.
>>
death of physical media
>>
blame easy-pleased con-zoomers justifying remake culture
>>
File: chud physical media.jpg (562 KB, 2200x1200)
562 KB
562 KB JPG
>>198589085
>I'm fighting in le culture war!!!
>>
>>198589434
It’s objectively true that the revenue produced from DVD releases, essentially acting as a second box office, made studios less risk adverse and led to more mid-budget experimental films. I don’t know what esoteric online political shit you’re referencing.
>>
everything is run by corporate suits who are too concerned with turning a buck to take any actual creative risks. filmmakers' artistic freedoms are basically eliminated these days and studios have much more creative control of the slop that comes out.
>>
>>198589052
Show someone from 00s Zack Snyder's Justice League and their minds will be blown. The problem is you faggots who hates on Snyder because you're nostalgia blind millennials who can't appreciate the fact that cinema evolved.
>>
>>198589705
300 and Watchmen are cooler Snyder flicks
>>
>>198589705
Rebel Moon is evolved cinema? It's the most derivative slop ever
>>
>>198589705
>Zack Snyder's Justice League
>OOhhh is that in black and white?
>I-is that 4:3 aspect ratio?
>OH MY GOD THIS IS ART!
>>
>>198589758
You just say that because they came out when you were younger. Snyder is still getting better and better, his Rebel Moon director's cut will be a masterpiece.
>>198589766
So is The Matrix, but people remember it for the style just like they will Snyder's work.
>>
File: 1701365164790097.jpg (496 KB, 828x818)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
>>198589052
Because nowadays pretty much all filmmakers are only inspired by other movies, or other media. When all they attempt to do is copy what has come before, they can only create inferior end results.
>>
File: 1712951391221508.jpg (542 KB, 3089x4096)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>198589705
Based Snyderkino enjoyer.
>>
>>198589793
>NOOOO MOVIES MUST TAKE UP MY WHOLE SCREEN AND BE IN COLOR AHHHH NOOOOO DON'T TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT ALSO WHY IS THERE NOTHING NEW!!!!!
>>
>>198590476
There's an endless fuckload of movies in 4:3 and black and white. Nothing different or new about it.
>>
>>198589705
shabaram dungang saar znack sneed cinema auteur slow motion likevuram Vurma thri.
>>
>>198590564
Yeah, old movies. But nobody tries to bring that look back to modern day except Snyder.
>>
>>198589699
>everything is run by corporate suits who are too concerned with turning a buck
You're on drugs if that's what you think they're doing.
>>
>>198590747
>But nobody tries to bring that look back to modern day except Snyder.
Watch more movies, Sanjay.
>>
>>198591225
Why not enlighten me and share one of these movies?
>>
File: midget.jpg (332 KB, 750x751)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>198589052
nothing is filmed on a cool set anymore. its a set with a gay screen in the back or whatever. No soul. No blood was spilled. A guy didn't blow is rotator cuff lovingly crafting a beautiful set and it shows.

i tried watching some of this, and while some of it looked cool...it just has this sterile feeling. someone tried to make it look dusty and grungy but its not convincing. i havent slept in 30 hours
>>
>>198589705
I haven't seen a single thread of this movie that was about discussing it.
At this point Snyder defenders do it only because it is a sunken cost fallacy.
>>
>>198591549
https://youtu.be/nnSXIBstUfk?si=n6Bn_qumkC3Z4KzS
>>
File: 1711024058290357.jpg (53 KB, 632x483)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>198589052
>website infested with zoomers, the mentally ill and pedophilic who literally only watch capeshit and cry about comic book movies
>complains that everything is "lifeless"
>some poor anon makes genuine attempt to talk about /film/
>t. "I didn't see it"
>t. "but woke woke woke"
>t. "I don't even watch movies"
>t. "some faggot YouTuber said it was bad and he's fat and talks about movies like me!"
>>
>>198589705
HIS MOMMY NAMED MARTHA??! WOAH, ME MOMMY MARTHA! WOAH SPEAR OF LONGITTUTUSUS
>>
>>198591405
The Lighthouse
Bait
Cold War
Dear Comrades
Servants
The Tragedy of Macbeth

There you go, zoomie.
>>
>>198591883
Only 1 of those movies is set in modern day but at least you listed one.
>>
>>198591657
Lmao Hack Snyder is not /film/ lol
>>
>>198592201
>Only 1 of those movies is set in modern day
Literally doesn't matter. What matters is the period the movies where made in, not when their stories are set.
>>
>>198592436
But the fact that Zack Snyder's Justice League is set in modern day yet is presented the way an older film would be is the point. The black and white cut of the film creates an intentional dissonance between the modern setting and old look, which forces the audience to consider the time in which the film is really set and how this is just a retelling of the legends of old reworked for modern audiences in the form of pop heroes.
>>
>>198589699
Rebel Moon is total freedom given to the artist and it’s possibly the worst movie in half a decade
>>
>>198592668
>which forces the audience to consider the time in which the film is really set
Not really.
>>
>>198589052
because everything has already been done and people already watched all kinds of stories
>>
>>198589766
>muh derivative
Almost every sci-fi kino is. Give another reason why rebel moon is bad.
>>
>>198589052
>Why is everything cool and creative dead nowadays?
Because being creative is very hard, and cost a lot of money, why bother making good CGI when you can just outsource it to India and get it done faster and cheaper? Why bother making news IPs when you can just re-make and then re-make the re-makes?
>>
>>198589052
True answer: the boomers turned their back on all that came before them, even as they still swam in the cultural waters they’d been left behind. They just thought that culture was how things are everywhere so there was no need to preserved it. So as they purged education of the canon because racism or whatever, they also purged it of theory and examples of how to do art good, and the kids brought up in its hollowed-out corpse are now at the helm and having to reinvent lots of wheels - assuming they’re even aiming to make art, not propaganda
>>
Political correctness and studios not willing to allow artists to take creative risks are the most likely explanations.
>>
File: 1702067523242256.gif (344 KB, 125x123)
344 KB
344 KB GIF
>>198592668
What sort of genuine brainlet associates atavistic myths with black and white cinema?
>>
>>198589705
>Justice League
how can people still defend that after it literally killed the DCEU is beyond any explanation.

and rebel moon got mogged hard by Dune
>>
>>198592735
Maybe not consciously but nevertheless it extrapolates the thematic elements of the story.
>>
>>198592343
That is not what he meant you dumb fucking retard
>>
>>198592343
ESL?
>>
>>198592720
It's almost like adversity in art's creation and collaboration allows for art to be explored and reworked or something who would have thunk? It's almost as if monolithic visions aren't themselves invaluable?
>>
File: 1712525463263091.jpg (92 KB, 500x375)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>198592775
1. There's no actual main character
2. The dialogue is so fucking poorly written it's laughable that an adult wrote it
3. The color grading is disgusting, the levels are completely off and even the larger outdoor sets seem like reverse day for night because Snyder is either colorblind or retarded and can't light a scene like a human being.
4. Nothing about the conflict within the logic of the plot makes any sense when they galavant all over space at FTL to recruit their band of misfits when the Empire can just nuke the planet from orbit but they too, seem so colossally retarded to even care about this planet in the first place.
5. The plot is (by design) disjointed because we know for a fact entire scenes were cut on purpose to resell this movie when the "meme edition" comes out on Max, so any goodwill Snyder would have had at this point goes out the window because these aren't even finished.

Do I keep going on? You tell me.
>>
>>198593910
>when the Empire can just nuke the planet from orbit but they too, seem so colossally retarded to even care about this planet in the first place.
You can outright see, how Snyder got annoyed by the plot restrains, he himself wrote.
>We can't nuke the village, because of all the grain
>actually the grain doesn't matter. We only need Kora alive
>actually it is best when Admiral Hitler kills her after all
He KNEW he need some form of logic, why the Empire can't just eradicate them from orbit, but he cared less and less about it, because Snyder is a 60 years old teenager who just wants cool fights and spoiler: those fights were garbage
>>
>>198594443
>spoiler: those fights were garbage
saddest part of the whole situation.
if AT LEAST the action was great, I could excuse all the rest.
but it's not even a good action movie.
>>
>>198594443
It literally makes no sense. It's so fucking stupid, why not just bomb parts of the outskirts of the planet until they give her up and then threaten to nuke? Does the ship not have radar? How is she able to escape in the first place?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.