[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Explain .jpg (182 KB, 1080x1322)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
How is it possible to make something which is so good so bad.
The finale season has the best action scenes and war recreations in the modern decade of tv media and still it was boring.
Maisie Willaims carried the entire episode by herself to cover up the fact they had no dialog written
And she made the killing of the Witch King look plausible despite the bad set up.
What the hell happened!?
>>
>>198591079
It was never good. You're just a nostalgiafag millennial.
>>
The production scale of game of thrones does end up really impressive but it's frustrating since you've got all these talented people who are probably giving it their all and it's all still just bad because the writers didn't care anymore.
>>
>>198591079
Because fighting gets boring after a while. Just look at the war in Ukraine. It was exciting at first and people were worried that it would get worse, but then it kinda got stale so they introduced a Hamas-Israel sideshow. But even that got boring after they killed another 100 children or so. And soon pretty soon we'll get the 2nd American Civil war because people don't like genocide, even if it is the jews doing it this time.
>>
>>198591340
>only 100 children
If I had a cent for every weeping Palestinian child I saw on social media I'd be able to buy this website.
>>
>>198591248
Season 1 was epic
>>
>>198591079
It ended on season 4. People were saying that the series would get a remake, especially after house of dragon success.
>>
>>198591079
People who don't watch GoT are obnoxious faggots who go out of their way to tell you about their opinion, is that the joke, OP?
>>
>>198591420
No
How the heck did you get that from that
>>
It's GRR Martin's fault, he decided to just not finish the story. And turns out he was right to do so, he's suffered no consequences and they still hand him bags of cash to adapt more unwanted slop instead of finishing the actual story people care about. Hopefully at least on his deathbed hell realize his magnum opus will forever be unfinished and that Tolkien won.
>>
>>198591458
He's walking up to another man in a urinal, just to tell him he doesn't watch Game Of Thrones, assuming the dude cares.
>>
>>198591546
No.
Game of Thrones is so bad he has to and tell this guy.
lol you clearly don't get humor very well
>>
>>198591570
He has to what?
>>
>>198591595
The game of thornes tv show is so bad that when he walked into a toilet and he saw a guy, he decided he needed to go the entire way to the end, even thought it was a long way, to let that guy know it was bad and do not to watch it.
i hope that helps you
>>
>>198591661
Hmm. I think my explanation is funnier.
>>
>>198591382
Nope
>>
>>198591248
first four seasons were good, name a better fantasy show at that budget level
>>
>>198591382
I'm with you f a m
>>
>>198591079
because GRRM stopped writing the books, and everything the show wrote on its own sucked
>>
>>198591079
>How is it possible to make something which is so good so bad.
david and dan simply ran out of material to adapt

i dont understand people who shit on them, they did a fine job making first 4 seasons, not their fault the book(s) wasnt(werent) ready
>>
>>198594085
They had books to adapt. You can call them shit or whatever, but don't act like they "ran out of books" when they skipped 2 of them.
>>
>>198594402
>but don't act like they "ran out of books" when they skipped 2 of them
the two unreleased books? what?
>>
>>198594446
Feast and Dance
>>
>>198594085
Books suck and so does the tv show. You just have bad taste is all.
>>
>>198594469
they didnt skip those books. they did cut out a bunch of characters and combine storylines together, I mean it was bad. but I wouldnt say the books were "skipped"
>>
>>198591248
What drives people to say things like this?
>"Ugh, thing everyone liked was never good, it's just muh nostalgia."
While this does often happen, saying so is corpo slop cope. Corpos are less capable of delivering coherent stories, well filmed content, written material and functional products than they used to be. To even imply otherwise is corporate dick sucking. Sometimes it is just blind nostalgia, but those are the rare and distant exception rather than the norm. Most of the time, there is a difference. Modern shit just sucks and everyone who implies or even suggests at a, however distant, remote possibility, factually, and without room for debate or discussion, is a tranny. People who tell you 'you're just nostalgia' literally are dilating as they type those words. They want to bury the glorious past that was when they were mocked so you don't think about how great it would be if we mocked them again, or better, how great it could be if we did more than merely mock them.

tl;dr: Past good, modern bad, anyone who disagrees is a tranny.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.