[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1.png (490 KB, 388x564)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
What do you think? Is it woke?
>>
>>198592630
>>198592652
You two deserve each other. I now pronounce you husband and wife.
>>
>>198592684
I'm trans btw
>>
A masterclass in masterpiece making.
>>
File: 1712827299866121.webm (3.99 MB, 2040x850)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>198592630
In some ways, yes
>end of show is white man bad
>gabitalism evil
>trannies in BoS lol
In some ways no
>ghoul is unapologetically masculine and kino
>vault girl isn't mary sue, gets her ass beat and fails constantly
In some ways, just bad writing
>cold fusion lady is leader of the remaining NCR but attacks the vault with raiders
Overall, enjoyable. Definitely not a masterpiece.
>>
File: zed453.png (187 KB, 871x383)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>198592630
>Is it woke?
Yes.
Watch Synth's review. He explains in full detail why it's current year goyslop that shits on the pre-Bethesda lore.
https://youtu.be/tAoX9YHJydE
>>
>>198592630nigger fuckin
>>
is there are non-whites it is woke. pretty easy litmus
>>
>>198595026
That's not a tranny that's a based tomboy you fucking freak
>>
>>198595026
>vault girl isn't mary sue
The show literally starts with how great and amazing at everything she is.
>>
>>198596220
Confirmed trans actor, tard
>>198596323
And then she spends several episodes getting her shit kicked in for her naivete
>>
>>198596557
Only to be conveniently saved by plot reasons. Any other character without plot armor would be murdered instantly. Mary Sue.
>>
>>198596638
Being saved by plot armor is all over the show, certainly, but plot armor isn't mary sue. Mary sues don't need to be saved by external contrivance because they're Just Such Badass Girlbosses. Which is not the case here.
You guys need to get your tropes straight.
>>
>>198594901
i need that rage pic
>>
>>198596557
It's the most jarring combo of her being weak and stupid then doing amazing whacky shit to survive. That whole fight with her 'husband' sets the schizo tone of unable to make a choice. The writers knew people would bitch about mary sueing but still had to shove in tons of girlboss stuff.
>>
File: christ gook.png (713 KB, 1239x735)
713 KB
713 KB PNG
I watched the first episode of this then Shogun after. What fucking whiplash from total fucking shit to absolute kino.
>>
>>198597096
>It's the most jarring combo of her being weak and stupid then doing amazing whacky shit to survive.
Which certainly falls under bad writing and contrivance, but is distinctly different than things like Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, etc. Lucy actually has a character growth arc, whereas Hollywood has elsewhere decided women should just be awesome and infallible from the first scene. Is Lucy's growth arc flawed? Sure. At least it's there.
>>
File: sleep.jpg (59 KB, 900x518)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>198597202
>you see this glass of water has LESS dog shit mixed in
>>
>>198592630
>non-binary character
I think there's a CHANCE.
>>
>>198597276
Unironically yes.
>>
>>198597390
Being devil's advocate over something like that is unbecoming. But you're still wrong in she has zero personal growth since she girl bosses right away. As I said. They fail in what a proper character arc is. You can taste the lack of coordination in the writer's room or anyone giving a fuck about continuity.
>>
>>198597574
>Being devil's advocate over something like that is unbecoming
Your analogy is apt in ways that work against you. In real life, all water has some fecal PPM, even the water you drank today. Everyone, including you, accepts that shit is a sliding scale where we negotiate on degrees of acceptability. And therefore changes in degree between shows matters.
>she girl bosses right away
Being a girlboss means you have to actually succeed right away and not get cut down. She doesn't. Look, I think the show has big flaws. But the armchair critic analyses here are really all over the place.
>>
>>198594901
>female protagonist
one of the 3 protagonists are female, the other is a perpetually middle aged white man, and a childish black man who couldn't get laid even if he tried
>old white man bad
there's also an old black lesbian woman who's even more bad than the old white man
>capitalism bad
it's the theme of the setting since 1997
>pronoun tranny
background character that no one remembers until they pop up again in the final episode, and let's not forget about the other straight white men the show presents as good people, like norm who goes out of his way to find out the truth about the vault, or thaddeus
this image is grasping at the thinnest of straws just so it will fit the narrative that it is "woke" and therefore bad for no other reason
>>
>>198598108
>old black lesbian woman
Nta, which one was this? Betty?
>>
File: file.png (614 KB, 1200x675)
614 KB
614 KB PNG
>>198598154
Lee moldaver, the cult leader that the cowboy ghoul meets before the nukes fell and who attacks vault 33 in the first episode with a bunch of raiders pretending to be from vault 32
she's also married to maclachlan's character
>>
>>198598108
>all this cope
>>
>>198598468
>she's also married to maclachlan's character
I think you have your characters confused, hank was married to rose, not moldaver
>>
>>198597150
They're both shit. Grow some tastebuds you McGoyslop slurping poseur.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDb9b9OGwcI
>>
File: 1714082817211274.png (182 KB, 1322x777)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
I thought the show was lore-breaking garbage.

NIGGER
>>
File: 1714021045691118.webm (656 KB, 1280x720)
656 KB
656 KB WEBM
>tfw amazon tourists in my wasteland
>>
>>198598108
>>there's also an old black lesbian woman who's even more bad than the old white man
She's the good guy though.
>>
>>198598800
she's a "end justifies the means" kind of character.
everything she did she did because she wanted to be the one in power, she took control over the NCR and turned it into a cult, worshiping her as its messiah leader.
she's not a good guy
>>
>>198598108
>there's also an old black lesbian woman who's even more bad than the old white man
she's portrayed as right in the show, did you even watch the show you are promoting?
>it's the theme of the setting since 1997
lmfao, NO. they even TELL YOU the them of the games OUT LOUD: WAR. NEVER. CHANGES.
>>
>>198598468
They may have implied a secondary lesbian relationship, but that's not in evidence. Further, Moldaver is revealed to be "the good guy" at the end, with no explanation of why she wants to turn on cold fusion other than "I'm the good guy, that's what good guys do." She's an example of the shows rough patches.
A much better black villain was Howard's wife at Vault-Tek
>>
>>198598108
>background character that no one remembers until they pop up again in the final episode
>they
>he uses her (((right))) prounoun
Redditor defending his reddit show lmao
>>
>>198599035
she's probably a red herring. when she is speaking at the meeting you can see a guy in shadow looking down at her speaking as if dictating what she is saying.
>>
Gonna have to assume that this NIGGER thread is advertising and/or begging courtesy Amazon itself.
>>
>>198598931
>lmfao, NO
Nta, over the top evil crony capitalism has been present as a primary theme since FO1 between robco, vault-tec, repconn, medtec, west-tec, etc.
>>
>>198592630
not really, but everything is woke if you're enough of a drooling retard.
>>
>>198598931
retard, a thing can have multiple themes, war is one of them, anti-capitalism is another
>>
>>198599089
crony-capitalism was FEATURED, anon, it was NEVER the theme. Fallout is not about war being a business or a racket, it's about war being fundamental to human conflict and existence. even after an apocalypse, people are fighting over the same old problems because it's the same old humanity, that's why the Master wants to evolve humanity into mutants, not because of muh capitalism stupid.
>>
>>198599142
>Fallout is not about war being a business or a racket
the vaults are literally presented as the result of the predatory nature of capitalism
>>
wokekino
>>
File: 1713981117185244.jpg (99 KB, 674x780)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
When did the Brotherhood develop and manufacture a lightweight version of the T60 suit with an integrated thruster system that is capable of sustained flight?

Why did the corporations conspire to kill their customers?

Why would House cooperate in nuking Ametica when he spent every waking hour trying to defend Vegas?

How come Enclave turrets cant hit slow-moving targets?

How is it that Shady Sands "fall" in 2277 when it was still active in 2281 when Fallout New Vegas begins?

Why did Todd feel the need to retcon the retcons?
>>
>>198599207
ok? the theme is still "war never changes" anon.
>>
>>198592630
Yes but a decent enough show. Lucy is cute. Maximus is the worst character obviously and can completely be removed without having 0 impact.
>>
>>198599142
I never said it was the only theme. It is a prominent theme among others.
>>
>>198599283
it's really not but go off queen
>>
>>198599229
>How is it that Shady Sands "fall" in 2277
Where is this date derived from?>>198599292
>>
>>198599229
isn't that the question of the day
>>
>>198592630
It's wokay.
>>
>>198595026
This is one of the shows that would have been perfectly average acceptable entertainment ten years ago. If you got rid of the le woke stuff, it wouldn’t be a good show but it would be enjoyable and forgettable
>>
>>198599292
Nicr of you to go from injecting words not written to
>nuh uh
I get it, show bad, but maybe be more coherent in saying it.
>>
>>198592630
I don't care but I'm sure it's garbage
>>
>>198599335
ok, here is me being coherent: fallout is not about "the predatory nature of capitalism" you communist subhuman. my culture is not your costume.
>>
>>198599333
Checked
>>
>>198599351
>one theme among many
>the claim is clearly fallout is about predatory capitalism
Anon quit being a literal nonce
>>
>>198592630
It's not bad but it's not good either. They should have gotten someone else to direct it since many of the scenes are pants on head retarded.
> Is it woke?
Yes.
>>
It's bizarre to me that Amazon made a pro communism show. The communist actor was the one that was right about Vault Tech, and the communist woman who was set up to be the villain was actually the hero who wanted to provide free energy to everyone. The show basically felt like it was pro communism.
>>
>>198599380
ok I'll be a metaphorical nonce instead. you said and I quote: "the vaults are literally presented as the result of the predatory nature of capitalism."
the vaults, the things that preserved humanity by protecting their residents from nuclear apocalypse... are predatory. and if you bring up the experiments don't forget that the GOVERNMENT were the ones who insisted on the experiments. commies have NO AMMUNITION when it comes to this series, you are an outsider.
>>
Worth noting that one of the showrunners with writing credits on 3 episodes was a script writer for Captain Marvell
>>
>>198599481
>you said and I quote: "the vaults are literally presented as the result of the predatory nature of capitalism."
Not me, retard, learn how to follow post chains and infer different anons.
I'm
>>198599380
>>198599335
>>198599283
>>198599089
>>
>>198592630
It's made fr retards. Thin patchwork of ideas and plot points, stitched together heavily threadbare, not holding up to even the most superficial of inspections.
Didn't get past the second episode, it just annoyed me. As if someone shouting at me: "Look how stupid you are you shit eating consumer. Now pay me for the shit like a good boy. Retard!"

Nope, not watching more of it.
>>
>>198599558
how am I retarded for responding to a linear reply chain? maybe don't insert yourself into the conversation if it's not YOUR point faggot?
>>
>>198592630
>White girl with a nigger

Yes its woke. Im so sick of Americans.
>>
>win movie of the year
>win tv series of the year
NOLANCHADS RISE UP
OUR TIME IS NOW
>>
The Ghoul was the best character, fuck the brotha of steel and vaultie. It should have been about him only.
>>
>>198599592
It isn't a linear reply chain you absolute moron lol. Your quote came from a branch (>>198599207) that isn't mine (>>198599283). You're such a nigger retard that there's no hope for your analysis because you can't even analyze your way through understanding a thread lol.
>>
>>198599667
>blustering coping communist
suck the seedy logs of shit straight from my asshole
>>
>>198599735
Apt, because seedy logs of shit are the only thing you can produce lol. I'm sorry you're such an obvious irredeemable retard, anon.
>>
>>198599760
I'm doing my best here, the predatory nature of capitalism be oppressin me n shit
>>
>>198592630
It’s okay, I liked it for a fallout show as a fallout fan it’s good. There too much “This person knows this person and this person knows this person”

For woke shit it depends your tolerance for woke shit or understand why woke shit is bad
>female protagonist; but she is a fish out of water
>black male character; but he is apart of the brotherhood, fascist style cult
>non-binary girl(she looks like a woman); barely in the show
>interracial relationships, one of them have a evil black lady in it
>impiled lesbian, very implied

It depends you tolerance, non-binary people and random lesbians annoy me, but it’s the the main part of the show so it did stop me from enjoying it.
>>
This show had some seriously terrible action scenes and the characters dont know how to act like their life is in danger. Guy gets a finger bitten clean off and then slices the girls finger clean off and neither of them act like anything happened. Every scene with the girl sucks because of her omnipresent plot armor and terrible decision-making. The brother and the ghoul on the other hand act with a lot of agency and hold my attention when they are on screen. Otherwise every character in the show made me lament that we were getting sidetracked instead of following the ghoul and the brother.
Theres not a single other person in vault 33 i liked, it reminded me of being in one of those obnoxiously sensitive college dorms or internships i had a few years ago
>>
>>198600103
>maximus
>agency
Lol. Ghoul I agree with, but Maximus could be deleted from the series with basically no consequences
>>
>>198600133
I mean the big nose goblin thats lucys brother.
>>
>>198592630
>video game is about a WW3 scenario between 1950s retrofuturistic America and Communist China
Considering hollyweird always cucks out to their CCP masters, how did they handle this? Switch it to Soviet Russia instead?
>>
>>198600176
Ah literal brother, carry on
>>
>>198600184
They just didn't mention sides in the great war, outside of generic communism vs the US. There was one CCP satellite in one scene.
>>
>>198594901
>old white man bad
The Ghoul is a good guy and he's an old white man though...
>>
>>198600252
Let me guess, they never say shit about commie chinks, but the show is loaded with "lol look how fucking stupid America is!"
>>
>>198600285
It's never stated who threw the nukes first or exactly why, but it's implied that it was the fault of communist sympathizers infiltrated into our society.
>>
>>198600332
The show heavily implies vault tec is planning to preemptively drop bombs (it's low point), but facts in the games and the show itself suggest that likely isn't what happened.
>>
>>198600380
There's a couple scenes where Vault Tec CEO's talk about how profitable the "end of the world is" but that's a marketing gimmick. They want everyone to think that the end of the world is on the horizon so they can keep making money. I don't think the show-writers are literally so stupid as to think that a corporation, even of the likes of Vault Tec, would actively try to implement a nuclear catastrophe, that would vaporize themselves, and their shareholders.
>>
I'm only two episodes into this show but the episode 2 gave me vibes enough to break my 4chan hiatus specific to come here to ask if the show ships Lucy and Maximus so I know whether or not to drop the show now or when I find out if that's the angle they're going with.
>>
>>198600252
it said cccp aka USSR
>>
>>198600450
>I don't think the show-writers are literally so stupid as to think that a corporation, even of the likes of Vault Tec, would actively try to implement a nuclear catastrophe, that would vaporize themselves, and their shareholders.
I am compelled to accept thst they are, because they made the existence of that plan canon, with all of the secondary details present and ready implying it's on like Donkey Kong.
However, the show also implies that their plan gets preempted, the nukes fall before they're actually ready.
>>
>>198600588
Do you really have to ask?
>>
>>198600664
Damn, one too many C's
>>
File: 1696754083547.png (182 KB, 404x266)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>198592630
CFNM
>>
>>198592630
Whatever it is, it’s gross and it sucks.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.