[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714052228484913.jpg (108 KB, 1024x683)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
Any movies with Buddhist, Shinto, Hindu, or other orientalist themes? Preferably something to watch while high on magic mushrooms or on LSD, so as to get lost in a fantastical ancient East and imagine oneself as a part of it
>>
Why did Bodhidharma go to the East
>>
>>198608664
>>
>>198608664
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring
>>
>>198608696
Don't know. Maybe the Princes of India drove him and his ilk out. He followed merchant caravans on the Silk Road given they'd be guarded from bandits, and they just happened to take him Eastwards; towards where the sun rose.
>>
The Wailing. Easy to find now. Older stuff is too esoteric if you're just tripping
>>
>>198608970
Answer: to get to the other side
>>
>>198608751
McDonald's Buddhism
>>
>>198608696
*Left for the East
gigakino

>>198609082
kek. Kinda true.
>>
Running on Karma. Andy Lau plays a former monk turned bodybuilder with the power to see people's karma. He befriends a policewoman and help her catch a killer but is dismayed at the fact that she is fated to die. It's a Buddhist parable about karma that builds to a very touching ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ttjuNyEiQ
>>
File: GKod0ZjXQAAi5U1.jpg (607 KB, 1153x2048)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
>>198609018
>Older stuff is too esoteric
Honestly, I prefer the older stuff. I feel like the newer stuff is much too...anachronistic. Its like the medieval fantasy media these days which all fare a fighting woman in pants or never have spears and shields. Just doesn't seem right.
>pic related is what I want my medieval fantasy King and Knights to look like
>>
>>198609019
I am truly enlightened now
>>
>>198608664
enter the void
holy mountain
to end all wars
all loosely related to what you asked tho. and I guess the tv series kung fu
>>
The Horse Thief has Buddhist themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSjjOQUtHY
I thought it was very good
>>
Why didnt you bump my thread on /his/, OP?
>>
Monkey Magic though it's a Japanese TV show from the 70s.
It's basically a monster of the week show based on "Journey to the West" which partially intends to educate children with buddhist wisdoms.
>>
>>198608664
There's a video called Codex Pajeet going around you might be interested in.
>>
>>198610408
>asian show/movie with a magic monkey
>based on journey to the west
Redundant much
>>
>>198608664
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDnO9LoMems
>>
>>198608664
why do pagan deities always look like edgy animals?
>>
>>198610442
I don't want to be tripping balls as a reincarnation of a dung eater
>>
>>198611800
They either look like that or they're perfectly sculpted men and women

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.