[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1693665506602906.jpg (25 KB, 691x352)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
are most people this stupid?
>>
Yes that is one of the central themes of the film is that a certain amount of stupidity and naivety is allowed in American society because of this implicit trust we have in strangers
>>
>>198613429
Most crackers are these days
They're like dodo birds, they just don't expect anyone to harm them, makes it easy to beat their asses.
>>
>>198613429
Yes if you see footage of terror attacks most people just stand around like lemmings and let themselves get shot/stabbed and have very little awareness of danger.

Our society has insulated people from routine mortal danger so they don’t know how to react.
>>
>>198613429
i didn't know what a cattle gun was before this film so yeah i probably would have died too if a guy driving a police car just quickly popped me with one of those
>>
>>198613429
Yes, in hustle bustle city shitholes. This fucking cocksucker would get wented by first 90 years old lady in Texas.
The movie is a comedy.
>>
>>198613429
I remember I was watching this with my dad and this is the scene that got him to stop watching the movie because of how violent it was
>>
>>198613429
nigga were you not paying attention from 2020 to 2022? yes they are, incredibly
>>
>>198613429
if you start running in one direction, people will follow you without speaking
>>
>>198613429
>patrol car stops you
>civilian clothes
>no badge
>obvious foreigner
>haircut like the biggest faggot in existence
>rednecks aren't drawing their guns immediately

This movie was a fantasy of retarded libtard.
>>
Yes. If you’ve ever spent any time out in the sticks, you’d know that rural Boomer hicks are totally oblivious and completely disconnected from reality.

It’s kind of amazing, really.
>>
>>198613429
He was American, so probably even dumber
>>
>>198613859
Your shithole doesn't even qualify for UN food drops.
>>
>>198613663
>>haircut like the biggest faggot in existence
What's wrong with this haircut?
>>
no, it's called a high trust society, it's almost incomprehensible today but there are societies where you can trust your fellow man that much
>>
>>198613934
lmfao >>198613859 literally btfo
>>
>>198614096
>high trust society
No self respecting huwhite man would let a wetback get in their personal space>>198614096
like that.
>>
>>198614135
that's kinda the point, it's a man raised to trust his fellow man in a small homogeneous community meeting the definition of rootless and untrustworthy slowly encroaching every land, he stood no chance
>>
>>198613500
not really they stood still because they were paid actor by feds and every shooting footage glows
>>
>>198613429
only southern hillbillies (Trump supporters)
>>
>>198613949
Looks like a haircut you would only ever have if you were giving yourself a haircut with a bathroom mirror
>>
>>198613663
>>rednecks
He was from Dallas
>>
>>198614406
>Dallas
S A L L A D
Crackheads and debutantes
>>
>>198613949
Just get a haircut anon, you don't need the whole board to shit in your open mouth.
>>
WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? EUTHANIZE ME? MAN YOU DONT HAVE THE GUTS FRIEND
>>
The movie was written by jews who have no concept of armed citizens.
>>
>>198614561
It was written about Texas in the 80s.
Most people weren't completely mindbroken by RvB politics, they just weren't as paranoid and vitriolic towards their fellow man as we are today.
Most people didn't even lock their doors.
>>
>>198614380
Why didn't he just shave it all?
>>
>>198614380
My hair naturally grows into something like this if I don't have a haircut in some 2-3 months or so.
>>
>>198613429
SQUEEZE IT THEN NIGGA
>>
>>198613949
nothing. if you like berries and cream
>>
>>198614267
Yeah every single video is staged by the glowies, nothing is ever real. Take your meds schizo
>>
>>198614561
Cormac McCarthy
>>
There is a good line from the girl with the dragon tattoo.

>Why don't people trust their instincts? They sense something is wrong, someone is walking too close behind them... You knew something was wrong but you came back into the house. Did I force you, did I drag you in? No. All I had to do was offer you a drink. It's hard to believe that the fear of offending can be stronger than the fear of pain.

Basically people are afraid to be seen as weird or rude. It happens in real life too in low stakes situations.

>supervisor is jealous (literally) that I have some vacation time left
>she tells me I can't use it in june, she can't allow it
>I just say I cleared it with the bosses
>she tells me to undo it, it is rude to take vacation during june because it is the busy season
>I say I could check it with the bosses again
>calls me rude and difficult

Basically she is the type of person to take a ton of vacation days and doesn't like people who save them up because it is rude to use them all at once. She hoped I would just give up because that would be polite.
>>
>>198615050
My mother is deathly afraid of returning or exchanging a faulty fresh purchase which she is absolutely legally entitled to do. She thinks that it's catastrophically impolite and mortifying to "cause a drama" like that, even when there is no drama to cause. There's been a couple occasions where, after a huge scandal caused by this, I had to almost literally drag her to that store and basically do the return myself "on her behalf", while she stood there endlessly apologizing to the staff for her son's awful rudeness, which I exhibited absolutely zero of. Even the employees were quite shocked and tried to assure her that everything is fine. And since it was technically her who was doing the returns (I had the initiative obviously, but it's her purchase, her card, etc), they could have very easily seen that she's an extreme pushover and told her "sorry maam, we can't do this" and that would be the end of it, she wouldn't even think of complaining to their higherups and making a scene.
>>
>>198615385
People are like that because they were raised like that. Personally I was afraid of being seen as "difficult" so I did everything I could to make life easier to people around me. You could say it is a nice thing but it wasn't. It just made people expect a certain behavior from me and I would become rude if I didn't do it. I would take extra assignments from my coworkers. At the restaurants I would either stack all our plates or actually carry my plate to the register if it's near their sink. You acustom people to it and they became shocked if you don't do it once and you become the rudest person ever.
>>
>>198614516
Did not expect to see a random ass OrpheusFTW reference today
>>
>>198615714
it's a beautiful day, yay
>>
Isn’t that also the theme of Silence of the Lambs except that it’s barely touched on and No Country for Old Men does it much better? (though SotL is still a great movie for other reasons)
>>
>>198613478
Ok shitskin

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.