[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tv/ - Television & Film

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1200x675.jpg (192 KB, 1200x675)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>CRIME. DOESN'T. PAY.
>oh btw here's that check for your cameo in the movie i made about your life which also boosted your name nationally and gave you marketing opportunities lol
>>
>>198626457
its true
>>
The moral wasn't that crime doesn't pay
The moral was that crime DOES pay because Americans are fucked up and they idolise criminals. Jordan Belfort is just another modern Jesse James.
>>
>>198626601
So Scorsese's point is to contribute to that?
>>
>Fed is riding the subway
>Leo's character is on yachts and driving fancy cars
How did you get CRIME DOESN'T PAY from this film?
>>
>>198626650
Yeah. The FBI agent is the real hero of the story and yet the story ends with him getting no recognition, riding the same sweaty subway train home, with a flicker of regret on his face as he realises he maybe should've taken Jordan's bribe. Meanwhile Jordan gets a short sentence at a cushy low security prison, then gets to make even more money when he's released marketing his story and his "legendary" sales skills to schmucks. The final shot of the movie is a lingering shot of a medicore looking crowd. They're hanging on his every word, meanwhile Scorsese is hanging up a mirror to the audience taken in by the lie of Jordan Belfort.
>>
>>198626457
The guys out of the joint and a literal mutli millionaire again
>>
>>198626801
Jordan lost his family though
>>
so when can we expect a movie about madoff or epstein
>>
>>198626819
Is he still rich? His youtube videos barely get over 10k views.
>>
>>198626801
So Scorsese wants to point out how Americans are idiotic for glorifiying people like Belfort yet at the same time promoting him, making Scorsese a part of the problem
>>
>>198626601
He's nowhere near as cool as Jesse James. At least the James gang had the common courtesy to stick a gun in your face when they robbed you.
>>
>>198627006
Might've gone into real estate
>>
>>198626457
thing is all of wall street is a scam he literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>198626601
Crime always pay in democracies.
Think of ex-Nazis literally becoming millionaires off merch and book sales.
>>
>>198627484
based retard
>>
So now that the glorification has settled, is Marty a hack?
>>
>>198629265
yes
>>
>>198627081
Not really, no.
>>
>>198626457
that’s cameos paying OP, not crime
God you’re retarded lol
>>
>>198626457
Does anyone know what the subway scene was supposed to represent at the end of the movie? Was the fed supposed to “sell” out? (Also do the fags who work for the FBI or any 3 letter agency genuinely think they’re making the world a better place? Lol)
>>
>>198626853
Did he though? I’m sure he’s still in contact with his family.
>>
>>198627081
Brain dead confirmed. No media literacy.
>>
>>198629556
How did Scorsese not promote Belfort? Belfort's name became nationally known after the film and allowed Belfort to captialize on that and make money.
>>
>>198626457
The nigga this movie is based on is Jewish with rich parents btw
>>
>>198629655
How is it wrong?
>>
>>198629688
I thought he was self made?
>>
>>198626457
>CRIME. DOESN'T. PAY.
who was he quoting?
>>
>>198629710
The movie DID glorify him, that's all most people took away from it
>>
>>198629718
Yeah this jewish propaganda movie would have you believe that
>>
>>198629734
So what the fuck are you even saying, that means my point is correct
>>
>>198629734
cite one study that shows that’s what people took away from the movie
>>
>>198629787
My dumbass friend never shuts the fuck up about how cool this guy is and has rewatched the movie like 10 times
>>
File: IMG_3923.jpg (92 KB, 1170x1400)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>198629655
>>
File: 1683988445505045.png (131 KB, 1831x421)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
Pic related is a joke since it inverts on the media literacy abused "trope" if I can call that, it's more like a dumb internet mind-virus like inb4.
But as teenager watching this movie I got the exact same impression.
It's obviously an inversion and a joke based on this cliche ofc.
>>
>>198626801
jEws gonna kikel
>>
>>198626457
this movie was paid for by crime thoughever
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1Malaysia_Development_Berhad_scandal
>>
>>198627081
Holy shit dude what an original thought, someone give this guy gold already.
>>
>>198626457
Scorcese is a hack more news at 12. Also why do boomers love criminal immigrants so much as long as they are Irish or Italian?
>>
>>198630005
I hate him for tipping the fedora but is he truly a hack?
>>
The movie is amoral because ultimately money is an amoral valuation system that, since it is necessary to function and prosper in our civilization, can also make people who worship money and make it their driving force in life as amoral as the money. While viscerally thrilling to observe on-screen, they as people are reprehensible monsters. One guy fucked and married his first cousin and had kids with her. They were taping cash on bodies to smuggle across borders. Fucking prostitutes in front of and with each other as a group activity. Money has no values other than being money. It can be used for good or evil. The people that make it their sole goal in life may become as amoral as the thing they worship, and as shallow and material-based as money itself is. Money will buy you whatever you want. Women, drugs, upscale life, power over people. But it can't make you a person with values and empathy. In fact, that would fly in the face of the hard-nosed reality of the financial world. Money represents potential commodity for other commodities. You will tend to view your own life as transactional-based, as your value system is how much is this for that. And that gets you a lot. But it's hollow. And weird and hedonistic at a certain point. For if you look into the abyss, yada yada.
>>
>>198626650
I highly, highly doubt the film has contributed to Belfort's wealth in any meaningful way.

He was already rich and infamous in the world of money. What does a movie add to that.
>>
File: 1469242727553.jpg (38 KB, 600x375)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>198630361
>what impact does have massive positive PR have anyway?
>>
>>198626782
>Fed is riding the subway
And gets depressed when he sees a family of African Americans
>>
>>198629950
It's not supposed to be a groundbreaking thought faggot
>>
>>198630434
he was already giving seminars and the film made him out to be a complete monster

I honestly doubt it impacted his day to day and/or increased his wealth significantly
>>
>>198630158
This anon gets it.
I got to the same conclusion but with Margin Call.
>>
File: IMG_9018.jpg (275 KB, 1164x1612)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>198629616
You sound a bit low iq so i’m gonna explain it. I’m a doctor myself and the world absolutely does not reward the good guys. Despite concentrating all my efforts on helping my fellow humans at work, the CEO of the fast food company and the guy kicking a ball make more money than me, while the male model fucks hotter chicks than me. All i get is the genuine thank (you)s from my patients and knowing i did the right thing, the world at large doesn’t care much. Same with governmebt officials who take these criminals down. The world doesn’t reward you with glory, you only get what is described in this poem.
>>
>>198630158
>Money has no values
>other than being money.

This is hard to swallow and not so clear cut to be honest.
God seems to give people money in exact measure as they need it not more or less.
But then to some intellectually honest and independent analysis of money you also come to the conclusion that it's at large generated ex nihilo so its not inherently a zero sum game or anything magical, it's a human free will bound affair.
>>
>>198626801
/thread
>>
>>198630813
What the fuck are you talking about? God gives money to people based on their needs? Holy shit, dude. God and money do not belong in the same realms
Way to miss the point completely.
>>
>>198630158
Yeah, but it looks like they had fun. Maybe if they re-edited the film with horror music instead of dad rock the film would come across as a condemnation instead a celebration.
>>
>>198630890
Ah forgot that your god is satan.
>>
>>198626457
crime pays billions.

To be a drug lord would be awesome.
>>
>>198626801
No, it shows that he is still a free and honest man. Maybe he has a fantasy of easy money but at the end of the day he is an honest man whose life has deeper value, and the only hero in the story.
>>
libtards are insufferable, their brain rat makes you want them isolated and sent off to Madagascar
>>
>>198627081

It was a fun movie anon.
>>
>>198630894
Do you really think that would be effective? "Wow look at these guys having an all out bacchanal at the office... it doesn't look fun though, due to the horror music."
>>
>>198630894
I mean, put Gregorian chants over some scenes and it comes across like an absurd Hell.
>>
>>198630903
>already getting this aggressive

Lmao religious people are always malicious persons who don’t like other people and want to force them to live like they want to and just hide under the moral pretense of their religion. God gives people as much as they need? Rich people need a house with six pools and three yachts? While the poor people don’t need money for treatments?
>>
>>198630966
I mean, does it even look that fun in general? Fucking a prostitute on a desk in front of your co-workers huddled around? Shaving an obviously upset woman's hair off because you gave her money? A guy openly jacking off to a woman at a party? These people are disgusting.
>>
>>198630903
Easy, buddy. You seem to have taken a turn into Crazy Town. We're trying to talk about the film The Wolf of Wall Street in this thread.
>>
>>198631079
all you said is that woman will do anything for money. which is pretty awesome.
>>
>>198631079
Anon said it looked like they had fun, I'm simply stating that changing the music wouldn't have any effect on that.

If you can't decide for your own that it looks horrific what good will changing the music do? It would be more overt, that's for sure, and a hell of a lot less interesting as a result

Scorsese is truly transgressive with WoWS
>>
>>198631233
This guy gets it.
>>
>>198626650
he's trying to show the audience how retarded and full of shit they are but the audience is too retarded
Much like with its companion piece, inglorious bastards
I hate those two movies like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>198631037
>In this moment I am euphoric because of my own fallacies and lack of coherence
>>
>>198631233
He does make your shitty use of free will work towards Good just like He does with the demons.
>>
>>198626457
>applying a "message" to a film and getting it completely wrong
lol
>>
>>198629265
Yes he keeps recycling de niro and di caprio there's no bigger sign of hackery
>>
How come irreligious people committed more atrocities in 20th century than in the entire human history combined and multiplied a few times and all in the name of their naive physicalist ideologies?
>>
>>198631375
Yeah, which is why you should follow the Lord's way. It makes you a better person. There is a good and bad energy in the world that you are susceptible to based on the decisions you make. So why don't you join in for the big win and know that Christ is Lord.
>>
>>198627053
Before the Jews it was original immigrants the Brits and the francs. Faggots like you conveniently forget about the JP Morgans, Astors, Rockefellers, Harriman. America conveniently forgot about the robber barons most of whom were non-jewish. You're just jelly the jews stole the thunder from the anglos. What is it that Americans like to think of themselves as again? Assfucked temporarily embarrassed millionaires?
>>
>>198631786
What are you, some shill agitator? This thread isn't about that. We are discussing the Martin Scorsese film The Wolf of Wall Street.
>>
Scucksese while promoting Killers Of The Flower Moon said that he regrets making Wolf Of Wall Street, he knows that he got scammed by Belfort. KWAB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szAkDLWp-M
>>
>>198629838
Ha, sounds like me
>>
>>198626457
Sigma males idolize a guy who ratted out his friends to save his own skin.
>>
>>198631670
Being an annoying schizo won't make encourage people to become christians. It just makes people hate you.
>>
>>198630813
>God seems to give people money
Jesus would smack you around the teeth for saying shit like this.
>>
>>198632166
I'm not the schizo. I was replying to the schizo with a gentle message of love and acceptance.
>>
>>198630926
What was he charged with that put him in jail?
>>
>>198631929
It is relevant to the discussion fuckface because the post I replied to implied that only da joos ever did anything wrong to the american public in the similar vein of Jordan Belfort when in reality it was always a class warfare between the haves and the have nots. Earlier it was the anglos, robber barons, then the Jews, next it's gonna be the asians. Faggot chuds like to blame everyone.
>>
>>198626801
The problem is that the movie almost never depicts this lifestyle as undesirable. It has such a maximalist and humorous directorial style that everyone who watches it just wants be like Jordan. It comes off as glorification, proven by the fact that he gives Jordan a cameo in the movie. It’s contrary to his other crime movies where he makes it very clear that these people are fucked up and have real consequences for their actions even if someone like Henry Hill desires that life.

And this is not even mentioning the fact that this movie was illegally financed by international fugitive Jho Low. Scorsese went too far with the degeneracy in this one
>>
>>198633172
>I'm a lazy fuck.
Jordan Ross Belfort (/ˈbɛlfərt/; born July 9, 1962) is an American former stockbroker, financial criminal, and businessman who pleaded guilty to fraud and related crimes in connection with stock-market manipulation and running a boiler room as part of a penny-stock scam in 1999.[4] Belfort spent 22 months in prison as part of an agreement under which, becoming an informant for the FBI and wearing a wire, he gave testimony against numerous partners and subordinates in his fraud scheme.
>>
>>198631929
Would love to see an athletic black man gripping you by your throat and snapping your pencil neck in half.
>>
>>198633609
Lighten up, Francis.
>>
>>198626457
He exposed himself a fraud with this movie
>>
>>198634113
>t. failed film school chud
>>
>>198634266
>I’m a heckin catholic and make movies about people struggling with sin
>Oh never mind I’m gonna make a movie about a Jew having the time of his life being a degenerate and then make him famous so he can pay off his debt after ruining lives
>>
>>198632010
Nowhere in this does he say he regrets making it
>>
>>198626601
Don't that pen look dusty

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.