[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/v/ - Video Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the best gamepad for PC?
>>
My dickinballs hahahaha xD
>>
Dualshock 2
Xbox One controller if you're too lazy to set up and are ok with a low quality product
>>
My penis and nuts and butthole
>>
File: 8BitDoNSW07.jpg (24 KB, 500x428)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>681311714
>>
Unfortunately it depends on the game. Xbox can't into d-pads but they have flawless game compatibility.
>>
>>681311714
dualsense and it's not even close
and when you're playing a game that supports it it's like a day and night difference
>>
>>681312237
I mean if I'm emulating a game that really needs a D-Pad I'm more likely to just map the controls to my keyboard and play like that.
>>
Xbox Series controller with PC adapter for full compatibility
>>
>>681312709
Lol
>>
>>681312714
>Xbox Series controller
Isn't it the exact same controller as the Xbox One's?
>>
>>
I'm thinking of buying the Hyperkin Xenon but it's 70 leafbucks
>>
>>681312902
Yes, and that's a good thing. Only the dpad is improved. If you have a One controller there is no need for upgrade but if you don't then just buy the newer one
>>
>>681312902
The center buttons are placed differently (with an added share button that takes screenshots in Winders) and the controller feels heavier in a good way. It also has a USB-C port if you play wired like a man. There's a guy who claims the port wears out easily, but I haven't had an issue with either of mine in over a year and a half of use (and I unplug one regularly and wirelessly use it with my Shield in the living room).
>>
File: pa.221849.3-3171539425.jpg (77 KB, 1000x1000)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>681311714
360 controller will always be the king
>>
>>681313037
kys it's small and has shitty ergonomics
>>
>>681314292
360 + ps3 triggers and it will be peak
>>
>>681314458
you're fat
>>
>>681314632
no, and many people complained of it being small and the back being unergonomic when using triggers
>>
>>681314807
let alone that i did not mention about the abomination of DPad
>>
File: 1539349393.gif (2.8 MB, 480x270)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB GIF
>>681311714
If you use Steam then it's the Dualsense or the Dualsense Edge if you like to splurge. If you don't then it's any Xbox Series controller. Both have USB-C, both have nice QoL inputs like the screenshot/mic mute button, etc. But the reason the Dualsense is better if you use Steam is because it has nearly as many possible inputs as the Steam Deck, so you can rebind buttons (like the touchpad) to keyboard/mouse functions with Steam input to play games with no native controller support whereas it would be a far more uncomfortable with the Xbox controller because the Xbox controller has very few buttons on it in comparison and almost every game with no native support will have to use the joysticks for mouse input and mode shifts, which just feels really bad. Steam also handles the controller support for Sony controllers by emulating xinput, so you're getting no real drop in compatibility by using a Sony controller. That being said, this is all specific to Steam, so if you're not using it, just buy an Xbox controller and it will work OOTB with most games. You can use workarounds like DS4Windows with a Dualsense, but you're missing out on all the added benefits of a Dualsense on PC due to DS4Windows being quite barebones in comparison to Steam input.

Additionally, Dualsense support on Linux seems to be much better if you use it since it has its own kernel module and drivers made by Sony. On Windows, there's a lot more support for the Xbox controller due to the Xbox accessories app.

So it all depends on your OS/launcher, I think it most cases the Dualsense will be the better option because who the fuck doesn't use Steam in 2024? Steam input can even be used with non-steam games. The Xbox controller only has value if you buy all your games on Epic/GOG or pirate and want to completely avoid Steam for some reason.
>>
>>681314545
What the fuck? That should be an illegal opinion.
>>
I have plenty of gamepads, including OPs, the xbox one controller, this >>681312193 (and the previous version) and some others
DS5 might have a shit battery and a non-fully precise d-pad but I consider it the best.
>>
File: disgusted italians.jpg (120 KB, 674x672)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>681314545
>ps3 triggers
>>
>>681315058
>Additionally, Dualsense support on Linux seems to be much better if you use it since it has its own kernel module and drivers made by Sony.
I've been using linux for a good while, let me deboonk that shit. Fuck no. It isn't really all that better. In fact I would say it might be a little worse. You have to exclude games from using stuff like easyeffects (really nice tool) to get shit like haptic feedback to work. Generally games on steam and outside steam recognize the Dualsense no problem, that's usually the case. However it only works reliably wired. Everytime I restart my PC I have to pair my Dualsense again for it to work through bluetooth.
And if you intend to use the touchpad as a button, you have to manually disable its default behavior of acting as a generic touchpad, otherwise you're bound to have games that think you're using the mouse and keyboard so they disable the touchpad button input. Overall, not impressed.
Also Windows has DS4Windows. It's a pretty neat tool if you have very specific games where you want custom bindings. Something I haven't managed to find on Linux at all, only with Steam input as a replacement.
I really don't see the advantage on this native support. I still use linux for many other reasons, but I can't exactly lie to people and tell them that the dualsense is amazingly supported there.
>>
What is the ideal Game controller, for the gamer who hates steam, hates valve, hates Gabe Newell, hates the steam deck and hates PC gaming?
>>
>>681311714
either dualsense or switch pro controller for gyro compatibility. The former if the game is dpad heavy
>>
>>681311714
For 2D stuff: 8BitDo M30.
For 3D stuff: any cheap Chinese one with hall effect sticks and triggers. I have a Machenike G5 Pro, I mostly like it a lot, but the battery is TINY, like 5 hours. Not a huge problem and it charges quickly, but some would find that irritating.
>>
The best controller will be the ps4 controller with Marius Heier's hall effect analog sticks whenever he decides to finally release them.
>>
Are hall effect sticks really that good?
>>
>>681318183
No they just dont have a physical sensor that can wear out over time
>>
>>681311714
Dualshock 2
>>
>>681312193
i have this, new sn30 with the hall effect sticks and a super famicom controller. the dpads on all three are the best ever crafted.
>>
>>681316892
>For 3D stuff: any cheap Chinese one with hall effect sticks and triggers.
This. Its all you need really
>>
>>681313037
I don't need more
>>
>>681316532
>Everytime I restart my PC I have to pair my Dualsense again for it to work through bluetooth.
What distro? Dualsense works perfectly on my Deck with SteamOS and on my laptop with Ubuntu. It remembers and auto connects to the Dualsense when I hold PS button, it also automatically emulates xinput without Steam or any third party software (which it doesn't on Windows as I've tried it on my Windows PC). Additionally, Windows occasionally just stops pairing to the Dualsense and you will need to reset it before it starts working again.
>you have to manually disable its default behavior of acting as a generic touchpad, otherwise you're bound to have games that think you're using the mouse and keyboard so they disable the touchpad button input
Which doesn't matter in the slightest because you cannot use controller touchpads with xinput, which accounts for majority of games with controller support. Majority of games that support dualsense, driver or not, ONLY support it through wired dinput.
>DS4Windows
>It's a pretty neat tool if you have very specific games where you want custom bindings
It's shit. Having to make custom profiles that you have to switch through via mouse and keyboard OR some dogshit hotkey that doesn't even work or save half the time so you're just spamming buttons like an idiot before you realize "oops this shit doesn't work!" is retarded. And I have a couch setup so having to go into the desktop and use the shittiest interface ever is not what I'd call ideal. It's bloat and bad bloat at that, the hidhide driver this shit uses just outright stops the dualsense from being found naturally by games. Even games with native support like RE4R stop working with the dualsense as soon as you install that garbage.

Dualsense on Windows just flat out doesn't work. Even if you're having skill issues with the driver, it's better than nothing. Who the hell isn't using Steam on Linux anyway? You need Proton to play Windows games.
>>
>>681318183
i think both are good, depending on the game. halls are either all or nothing detection, unlike roller sticks. analog drift doesnt happen with good halls though so pick your poison.
>>
>>681311714
Any Xbox controller if you value your time and ergonomics
>>
>>681318752
I had this happen on Mint, CachyOS and openSUSE TW. I can't find a way to fix that behavior.
>Which doesn't matter in the slightest because you cannot use controller touchpads with xinput.
It matters on the increasing number of games that do support the dualsense and its features. I'm playing lost judgment for instance on Steam, it detects I'm using a sony controller, but the moment I touch the touchpad it's keyboard time, so I can't use it to open up the map. Besides, it's better to have native support with the proper prompts than -always- emulate xinput with its limitations.
>Majority of games that support dualsense, driver or not, ONLY support it through wired dinput.
That's extra features. They won't support haptic feedback or adaptive triggers for instance, but they will still support basic vibration and all other inputs. They will still support being able to use the touchpad as a button. This is true on Windows and I did test this as well on linux (with for instance, FFVIIR outside steam) and it was working through bluetooth "fine", just with shitty vibration.

>It's shit. Having to make custom profiles that you have to switch through via mouse and keyboard OR some dogshit hotkey that doesn't even work or save half the time so you're just spamming buttons like an idiot before you realize "oops this shit doesn't work!" is retarded.
Sounds very much like a you problem. Being able to have extra inputs on games outside of steam is nice, as well as being able to set different polling rate settings easily. Most other features you can use through Steam Input, but it's pretty versatile when you know what you're doing.
>>681318752
>the hidhide driver this shit uses just outright stops the dualsense from being found naturally by games.
Not my experience with games outside steam that support it. As long as the program is closed, the native support is back. It really sounds like you have something fucked up in your setup other than ds4windows.
>>
File: 1687480232712001.png (506 KB, 1800x1013)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
>>681313037
For me it's the silver one.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (152 KB, 1585x1513)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>681311714
Xbox Series controller, or the Switch Pro controller if you want gyro, but the triggers on that one are just cheap plastic buttons, not proper analogue triggers.

People who say Dualshock are Snoys clowning on you OP.
>>
File: download.png (735 KB, 668x707)
735 KB
735 KB PNG
did anyone else have these goofy ass demon controllers for the ps2? I had this one as a kid and it was so fucking kino
>>
>>681318962
how feasible is it to just replace the regular sticks on any given controller with hall effect ones? assuming the contacts are in the same locations, it should just be a matter of desoldering the old ones and soldering the hall effect sticks in place. but seeing how no one is really talking about that and everyone just wants the big companies to start making their pads with hall effect sticks from the factory, i assume its not that simple
>>
>>681312489
>dualsense and it's not even close
>and when you're playing a game that supports it it's like a day and night difference

This, I am not even memeing when I say the Dualsense is like the only legitmately great thing about the PS5, the actual console is collecting dust but I use the controller on my PC constantly. When HD rumble is used properly it's orgasmic, and gyro aim is a nice bonus as well.

The only downsides is that it's kind of expensive and it needs to be USB-C wired to work (natively at least), but the latter might be a blessing in disguise because it drains quickly as fuck.
>>
>>681322103
If you know how to solder its simple but you also have to calibrate them with software. Ive done it with ps4 controllers and Im pretty good at it now and I know the dualsense has software to calibrate it as well.
>>
File: 4894894949.jpg (48 KB, 507x522)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>681321573
>>
>>681311714
original wired 360, or a switch pro
>>
File: 1268238348.jpg (17 KB, 480x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>681320550
>I had this happen on Mint, CachyOS and openSUSE TW
Maybe try not using meme distros? Maybe you're not properly loading the module or using old kernels.
>it detects I'm using a sony controller, but the moment I touch the touchpad it's keyboard time, so I can't use it to open up the map
I really doubt this is happening. The game should be able to detect the changes between input devices, every game does this between every controller and keyboard. So even if you tap for example, K on a keyboard, the moment you tap O the prompts should return to DS. You must've not turned off Steam Input.
>Besides, it's better to have native support with the proper prompts than -always- emulate xinput with its limitations.
You can have both, and Steam allows both. Most of the games I play, take RE4R, the latest Call of Duty or Persona 3 to be examples of this, show the proper prompts and simultaneously support dualsense with Steam input. You don't even need to bind the buttons to anything even if Steam input is enabled. There are a ton of new games and ports that allow you to switch prompts via settings. It's a game-specific problem and most devs don't bother.
>That's extra features. They won't support haptic feedback or adaptive triggers for instance, but they will still support basic vibration and all other inputs.
Rainbow Six Siege doesn't support wireless DS at all, only wired.
>Being able to have extra inputs on games outside of steam is nice
Steam Settings > enable Steam Input for desktop > close
>As long as the program is closed, the native support is back
Do you seriously not know what a driver is? Hidhide exists in the background regardless of DS4W.
>It really sounds like you have something fucked up in your setup
Yup, installing Windows.
>>
>>681323023
>>
File: 1470364026_Goku SSJ3.gif (3.1 MB, 848x480)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB GIF
>>681323307
stop it Gohan
>>
>>681320989
>People who say Dualshock are Snoys clowning on you OP.
I wasn't going to take that advice anyway because I don't like the Dualshock / Dualsense stick layout.
>>
>>681323307
>Maybe try not using meme distros? Maybe you're not properly loading the module or using old kernels.
What is old about 6.9.4? Judging by your attitude it doesn't seem like it would matter which, anything would be a "meme distro" including debian/fedora/arch/nixos.
>I really doubt this is happening.
You don't seem to get it. The moment I press on the touchpad, it registers I'm using it as a normal touchpad, not as the controller button, so it switches to kb+mouse which does disable controller input. It goes back to controller input after pressing any other button, not the touchpad which does have a bound function ingame. This does not happen on Windows on the same game under the same circumstances because over there it doesn't try to emulate a touchpad by default. This does have a solution, to disable this touchpad emulation, but touchpad emulation with DS4/DS5 is the default on linux broadly speaking.
>Rainbow Six Siege doesn't support wireless DS at all, only wired.
That is still not the majority.
>Steam Settings > enable Steam Input for desktop > close
Still not enough features.
>Do you seriously not know what a driver is? Hidhide exists in the background regardless of DS4W.
Point is DS4W is not hijacking the controller functioning as it's supposed to when the program is not being used. If you're not able to use steam input or the native support that some games have outside of steam for the ds4 in the same way you would without DS4W installed, there really is something in your setup that I did not have the misfortune to have just like apparently your dualsense always connects through bluetooth on linux perfectly. I'll concede that maybe it's the adaptor not having good linux compatibility in any case.
>>
>>681320989
>sex controller's left analog went to shit after a few months
sucks, the shell is great but the build quality is horrendous.
>>
>>681322103
>on any given controller
pretty much impossible for (you). on specific controllers that have aftermarket sticks available, relatively easy, but modern controllers are annoying to disassemble.
>>
>>681311714
8bitdo 2c, $30, hall effect sticks, 20 hours battery life. i have the previous C without hall effect sticks and I prefer using it over my xbox series or dualsense controllers.
>>
>>681326384
Yeah, if you got a soldering kit it would be wise to fix it yourself. Parts are like 6 bucks and they have full tutorials on yt. Xbox series x are made great for repairs.
>>
>>681326384
The sensor is exactly the same as sony and nintendo
>>
File: scrot.png (367 KB, 1558x1797)
367 KB
367 KB PNG
>>681325126
>What is old about 6.9.4?
Current stable is 6.9.7.
>anything would be a "meme distro" including debian/fedora/arch/nixos.
All of the ones you mentioned previously are meme distros, but these ones aren't. Mint itself is notorious for having problems caused from being downstream from Ubuntu, as well as the devs own insistence on using outdated software (their whole DE is based on gnome2 from over a decade ago lmao). OpenSUSE is just dogshit and people who want to use a corpo distro use Fedora.
>so it switches to kb+mouse which does disable controller input.
It shouldn't do this, you fucked up something in your setup. Every game on the market right now has on-the-fly input detection.
>It goes back to controller input after pressing any other button, not the touchpad which does have a bound function ingame
>the game is using two inputs at the exact same time
Yeah, you're definitely using Steam input bucko. Try disabling it in the settings.
>That is still not the majority.
The majority of games don't support DS, wired or not. But about half or more of the games that do only support it wired, kek.
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Controller:DualSense
>Still not enough features.
What features are missing?
>Point is DS4W is not hijacking the controller functioning as it's supposed to when the program is not being used
HidHide is a prerequisite of DS4W, nobody is installing HidHide for any other reason. It's even hosted on the main site.
>If you're not able to use steam input or the native support that some games have outside of steam for the ds4 in the same way you would without DS4W installed
Taken from the horses' mouth.
>HidHide is a filter driver than can "hide" Gamepads/joysticks devices, ensuring Windows and other applications stop detecting it as a game controller and allowing only chosen applications to see them
The problem is that HidHide hides the controller from plenty of software that actually supports it.
>>
>>681327469
>just buy parts and solder it up every 2 months and it's great
>>
>>681328152
>Just be useless and unable to fix things
>>
>>681320939
OceanGate fucked up by following the wireless hype train.
>>
Is it really worth it to upgrade from a Xbox Series X Controller to an Elite 2 Core controller? Or is the Elite 2 Core just shit?
>>
>>681327525
that doesn't make it any better
>error, image resolution is too large
https://files.catbox.moe/ysgdls.webm
>>
>>681328152
Are you using it as a dildo? How are you breaking it that often?
>>
>>681326384
I have had mine for 3 years now and still going strong. I have no idea what the fuck you do with your controller to wear it down so quickly.
Or maybe you're just unlucky.
Or perhaps I'm just lucky.
Either way, the Xbox Sex controller is the best controller I ever had in my experience, next to the Gamecube controller, but using a Gamecube controller for anything other than Gamecube games is highly autistic and not something I recommend.
>>
>>681328280
I prefer to buy things that don't break after 2 months actually.

>>681328584
elite is even worse in terms of build quality than the basic controller.
>>
>>681328804
see >>681328671
>>
>>681328815
Elite is the same there's nothing about it that's more prone to breaking. I repaired multiple elite 2 and regular xbox controllers.
>>
>>681312902
The series controller has some different texturing and the build is a bit different still. I think the 360 and series controllers are the two best they’ve made
>>
>>681328584
My friend says the elite controller is mostly just gonna be for stuff like shooters where you want to map something to the paddles for an advantage. For casual play the price is probably too high to justify it
>>
>>681314292
Not with that D-pad.
>>
>>681312902
It's smaller. Preferring the Series means you have baby manlet hands.
>>
>>681318423
Aren't dpad diagonals fucked on 8bitdo
>>
why is 8shitdo the only one doing both 2.4GHz and a charging dock? is everyone else retarded?
>>
>>681313037
OOOO its mine! I beat Elden ring DLC with it! Awesome thing. Cheapest on the market.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>681323368
sovl...
>>
>>681334110
These have to be pretty rare, right? I feel like I've only ever seen maybe one irl
>>
File: 1687034999712023.jpg (96 KB, 755x755)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>681311714
Xbox controllers feel the best, but I also have a ps4 controller if I want gyro aim for shit like monhun.
Why the fuck won't microsoft add gyro when everyone else has it now?
>>
>>681313037
If you have an older F310, you are probably set for life. If you have one made in the past 5 or 6 years though it is a real gamble if you get one of lasting quality.
>>
>>681334327
>50,000 of these PS2 controllers were manufactured and distributed in 2005. This is Number 8,439. No two chainsaw blades have the same blood splatter pattern thus each controller is literally one of a kind.
Pretty cool.
>>
>>681332102
Flydigi was more interested in selling the dock separately at scam pricing instead of including it with their controllers
>>
>>681334776
That's extremely cool. I know there was also a gamecube version manufactured, I assume there were only around 50k of those as well?
>>
File: 1687355388308160.jpg (91 KB, 1200x1200)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>681311714
Best out there, and its been depth tested to 3 miles.
>>
>>681314292
Microsoft should stop being retarded and give me this with Gyro
>>
so what's the best cheap ones?
>>
>>681338217
see
>>681318439
>>
>>681320989
I fucking love this bad boy the triggers work great even when emulating shit like mario sunshine
>>
>>681338463
>>681318439
>buy shitbitdoodoo
>sticks fucking melt down despite barely using it and keeping it in a closet for a few months

never again chink fucktards

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.