[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vg/ - Video Game Generals

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713855292855787.jpg (509 KB, 3672x2160)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
High Tier Emotes Edition

>Previous
>>484688303

>WHAT IS HELLDIVERS 2?
HELLDIVERS 2 is a 2024 co-op, squad-based, PvE 3rd person shooter that sees players battling to win an interstellar struggle to rid the galaxy of the rising alien threats. You are a Helldiver, a member of Super Earth's most elite fighting force. You and your squad choose to wage war on a number of contested planets, completing various objective-based missions within a procedurally generated area of operations. Each successful mission contributes to the complete liberation of that world, and ultimately, total strategic victory in the game's ever-evolving galactic campaign that doesn't really work, much like defending against this thread's subject.

HELLDIVERS 2 (/hg/) is available on Steam and PS5:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/553850/HELLDIVERS_2/
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/helldivers-2/

>WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST HELLDIVERS GAME?
Released in 2015, the original HELLDIVERS is the origin of the setting and basic gameplay formula of HELLDIVERS 2. The most major difference being that HELLDIVERS is a top-down, twin-stick shooter, neither of which are two words. You can expect similar gameplay between it and its sequel here in /hg/.

HELLDIVERS is available on Steam, PS3, PS4, PS5, and PS Vita:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/394510/HELLDIVERS_Dive_Harder_Edition/
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/helldivers/

>WIKI
https://helldivers.wiki.gg/wiki/Helldivers_Wiki

>GENERAL GUIDE
https://helldiverstrainingmanual.com/

>CURRENT WAR STATUS
https://helldiverscompanion.com/
https://helldivers.io/

>EQUIPMENT REFERENCE
https://divers.gg/

>FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE
https://invadersfromplanet.space/helldivers-2/

>NEWS
July 4th patch https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4246413199434585562?l

CURRENT WARBOND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbb5ngK36x4
>>
File: b0d.gif (111 KB, 403x360)
111 KB
111 KB GIF
>>
REMINDER

Collect the fucking samples... seriously

The new ship modules ain't free, boys
>>
second for anime helldivers mods
>>
I'm tired of running auto everytime, is the riot shield worth the reqs?
>>
Does the arc thrower not arc often or something? Been slinging bolts at groups of baddies and it hardly ever arcs to another.
>>
>>484794871
In the "Known issues" list
>>
The scorcher in HD2 is lame compared to HD1. Why do they make everything gay and retarded?
>>
>>484794796
I tried it once, I absolutely hated it because it's such a shitty terrible playstyle. You're basically staring through a narrow eye slit trying to headshot Heavy Devastators using nothing but the laser pointer of your pistol. And then get juggled by the Rocket Devastators and Rocket Raiders who ignore your shield because you can't kill enemies fast enough for them to not just swarm you.

As bad a rap as the Shield Generator Backpack gets, at least it protects you against more than just laser guns and lets you play actively.
>>
>>484794323
i want to make stalkers my bitch, i want them to see me and know the rest of their life is now countable in seconds not days or years, i want generations of stalkers to fear me. whats the best loadout for this?
>>
File: 1717704380281610.webm (1.72 MB, 456x552)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB WEBM
The patrol changes will never be fixed because they were intentional changes since the beginning
>>
>>484795801
Punisher or Dominator.
>>
>>484794796
Yes. Do not aim in first person though, That shit is unusable. With proper positioning and prioritizing the right targets almost nothing can kill you so you can play way more bold than you should be
Well i have no idea if the shield still has that atrocious collision bug though.
>>
>>484795801
Anything with a bunch of stagger but not a limiting magazine. So Punisher shotgun, Dominator, Punisher Plasma. If you're meming, HMG can evaporate them before they can even get close enough to do anything.
>>
I unironically think the Breaker is an amazing weapon for bots and I don't understand why it isn't more talked about
It has good range, power, ammo and fire rate and makes short work of troopers, commissars and ever berserkers
A problem I was having with the bots was getting overwhelmed by a mix of melee and ranged and the breaker was a much better solution than most of the recommended primaries
>>
>>484796351
I just feel limited by an SMG at higher difficulties vs bots. But it is a nice combo with medium fortified
>>
Could someone share BT hitboxes please?
>>
>>484796661
Limited?
>>
>>484796351
The collision bug was fixed a few weeks back.

>>484796623
Simple, because it doesn't kill Devastators.
>>
>>484796853
It kills devs just fine. Aim for the legs or midriff.
>>
>>484796853
>because it doesn't kill Devastators.
That's why I bring the autocannon
It's the fucking Dim Mak of dev killing
Also, it does, you just need to be close
>>
For me, it's the AMR.
>>
For me it's the Scythe
>>
>>484796798
I find myself wishing I had a primary like the Dominator, even though laughing off rockets to the face is nice.
>>
>>484797112
>less ammo per mag
>can't destroy bot fabs, closing bug holes
>takes longer to kill factory striders and gunships
>visibly slower muzzle velocity than the autocannon
Why? It's literally just a shittier autocannon
>>
>>484797737
But it looks fucking cool
>>
>>484795821

/hdg/, how should patrols and alerts actually work in this game? I'm confused on how they used to work before being fucked, or if they never actually worked correctly and should be functioning differently to begin with.
>>
>>484797737
You can run a shield
>>
>teammate runs off alone
>dies
>ion storm prevents reinforce
>spams space bar to demand reinforce
>tell him can't bro ion storm
>ragequits
Why are you idiots this retarded
>>
>>484797737
free backpack so I can bring a supply pack and spam stun grenades and have infinite stims (I am not addicted, I can stop any time I want!)
>>
>>484797737
every support weapon in the game that doesnt handle bt chargers is a shittier autocannon
>>
File: biletitan_stickbug.gif (161 KB, 400x202)
161 KB
161 KB GIF
Stealth in this game is frustrating
>enemies have vision cones of variable size depending on if they are alerted or not. Scout armor reduces this detection range
ok
>running makes noise. Walking makes less. Crouching/crawling is silent. Avoiding making noise within range of enemies prevents them from noticing you outside of their line of sight. Scout armor reduces this.
This makes sense too
>different weapons have audible reports of different volumes. Enemies beyond the sound range of your weapon aren't alerted to your presence
Still looking good
>explosions and stratagem pods landing makes noise that might attract the attention of nearby enemies
Still fine
>Shooting within a few meters of an enemy, even if you are beyond the audible report range of your weapon or the attack was a mere fumbled throwing knife, immediately informs the enemy of your precise location and he telepathically broadcasts it to every enemy in the base via the hivemind link. THEY KNOW. THEY ARE ALREADY HERE. BOT DROP DETECTED. YOU ARE WITHIN RANGE OF ENEMY ARTILLERY
fuck you
>>
>>484795801
Rover laser pointer, HMG/PPlasma
>>
>>484798314
guns are loud m8
>>
>>484798314
Doesn't dropping smoke on yourself cheese this?

I haven't tried yet, but I thought that if you dropped smoke on yourself, mortars couldn't target you.
>>
>>484798141
Every support weapon in the game is inferior to the flamethrower and the autocannon and the spear, which does it's own thing
>>
>>484798326
>pplasma on bugs
are you trying to ruin this nigga’s game?
>>
>>484798314
The thing I hate even more is that stray shots from enemies that go in the direction of previously aggroed enemies (that are now out of range and are in "searching for you" mode) will immediately aggro them and cause them to open up on you from across the goddamned map. That wave of Devastators that you spent the last minute evading through some woods and breaking line of sight with? Suddenly they know exactly where you are now, and you're under fire from two directions at once.
>>
File: 1718572563137001.gif (3.56 MB, 498x560)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB GIF
>>484797821
>change patrols scalling for teams of 1-3 players
>whoops they're getting the same amount of patrols as 4 players lobbies
>fuck off for an entire month without an emergency revert hotfix
>heeey guys we finally reverted the change!
>we also tweaked patrols a little bit to make the map slightly less empty ;)
>even more patrols than before
>basically double the amount, now also affecting 4 players lobbies
>>
>>484798314
Strategems also magically reveal your location to the enemy even if you threw and moved
More than once I saw a patrol follow my direction because they stumbled upon an ongoing 380 barrage and instantly knew where I was
>>
>>484798435
The crossbow and the throwing knife aren't. At least not at the origin point of the shooter.

Also, most of the sidearms are surprisingly quiet. You can fire them 40m away from the enemy and they won't hear you shoot. I think 35m or 25m is the threshold where trooper bots first react to the noise of a senator firing. But if a bullet lands near them the entire outpost knows your location.

Also, I'm not positive about this, but I think your detected status is tethered to teammates within 75 meters or so. So if some retard on the other side of the hill aggros a bot, all of his friends know where you are too.
>>
>best part of the game is the gunfights
>game actively disincentivises engagement
why is the game like this? I keep flipping back to bugs because stealth, ranged striking bases and running away from bot drops has just become too essential. bots is just fucking boring if you play to actually complete it, only defense missions are fun and randos are too fucking stupid to do those.
>>
>>484798763
Swedish games are always like this
They make unique and engaging game with chinks that need to be ironed out, that's when you find out they have no idea how yo idea and basically stumbled upon a successful formula by accident
>>
>>484798314
i've been complaining about psychic enemies since day1
>>
>>484798571
I might need to experiment with smokes some more. It's just a pain because nothing about the mechanics are explained in game. I don't think there's a good singular comprehensive guide about the details of stealth either. Youtubers all just make a billion things with whatever the latest esoteric trick that they learned is. Bushes apparently also fuck with enemy LOS too.
>>
>>484798314
Your last point is particularly annoying for me as well because the bots clearly rely on manual signaling to avoid jammers otherwise why would they not simply silently broadcast the need for help instead of firing off a flare? And it also makes no sense for the bugs because if you look at insects like ants, if you alert/panic one of them they still need to get to the next ant in order for the panic pheromone/message to be "sent."
>>
>>484799245
Because the community is retarded and actually wants that
>>
>>484799309
> if you alert/panic one of them they still need to get to the next ant in order for the panic pheromone/message to be "sent."
anon, they smell the pheremones
>>
>>484799245
I don't really agree. You're encouraged to avoid aggroing patrols, but the biggest fucking clusterfuck missions that I've ever been on are ones where teammates actively run the fuck away from reinforcements with a "not my problem" attitude and then eventually we get cornered by 7 bot drops worth of reinforcements finally pinning us down.

Meanwhile the teams were everyone just calls in an airstrike/airburst/gatling strike to spawncamp each dropship run smooth as silk. Avoid the unnecessary fights but clean up your mess when you make one.
>>
>commissar readying a flare
>snap over to him and fire a shot
>it hits the invisible corpse of one of the trash bots that clearly slumped out of the way on my screen
>flare goes off
nothing makes me seethe harder than the this. everything that isnt a superheavy or a tank should just become intangible if it dies. It would save some of the fucking obscene resource usage of this game and make it slightly more playable. All enemy corpses are jank and fuck up the gameplay but this would be a step in the right direction
>>
>>484795801
>>484798326
>>484796532
>>484796052
ty for suggestions, best non weapon strats to bring? i want every part of my loadout to bring pain.

>>484798608
don't worry i caught that too
>>
>>484800270
just bring stun grenades so that you can shut them down when they get into point blank range. Red and green stratagems don't really help much against stalkers. Things like eagle airstrike/orbital precision strike can close their stalker holes if you're otherwise out of grenades or other explosives.
>>
>>484800270
Stun Grenades render them completely helpless. Shield Generator Backpack cockblocks their initial assault if they manage to get close enough to hit you.
>>
>>484799245
Not my experience. Contesting the bot drop right there is how you stop it snowballing into a giga wave that calls in even more drops.
>>
>>484800224
>everything that isnt a superheavy or a tank should just become intangible if it dies
Alternatively I'd accept them all being solid if the enemy also had to suffer instead of just phasing through them, the starship troopers game sucks nuts but even they got persistent corpses working for both sides.
>>
>Get shot into the icey ground by a rocket
>Pushed underneath the ice and drown
Is there just a layer of water underneath the entire terrain
>>
>>484800465
>>484800502
awesome, thanks. i was definitely curious if stun would go off fast enough for those shitheads, so that's perfect.
>>
>>484798608
...i always use it on bugs tho? fantastic for breaches and staggers mediums
>>
>>484800771
Yep. Every single "THE FUCKING INSUFFERABLE SWEDES FUCKED WITH THE SPAWNS HOLY SHIT THERE ARE 10 BILE TITANS AND 100 DEVASTATORS ON THE SCREEN" screenshot all started with players who made the decision to run away instead of killing the enemies as they spawned.
>>
>destroying both mandibles on warriors, hive guards, and brood commanders just instantly kills them
>>
>>484797517
Have you tried bringing Senator as secondary?
>>
>>484801000
i firmly believe everything is usable across the board, but it's mostly that using plasma on bugs is like using the fire weapons on bots - it works but not -as- well as other options
>>
>>484801273
I have not, actually.
>>
>>484800771
That's the exact opposite of what I experience
Fighting patrols and drops leads to more patrols and then more drops and maybe more patrols
>>
>>484799650
Yes, but its not instantaneous. Have you never as a child panicked one end of an ant trail and watched the panic slowly spread?
>>
>>484800771
It used to be that way, now running away is the best option. They sloppified bots to play exactly like bugs
>>
>>484801128
It's a bit of suck, but you can usually manage it by dumping eagles and orbitals, and then calling in a resupply, and then be back at 100% for the next objective.
>>
>>484801576
Give it a try. That medium pen helps to cover the lower pen of SMGs.
Oh also if you aren't aware you can blow up the rocket devastator rocket pods. It is an easier target than the head in a hurry. They seem to get staggered a lot if you hit them there too.
>>
Is AC/AC Sentry/500kg/Gatling a good loadout for bots? Or is double AC too memey?
>>
>>484801128
>try fighting enemies instead of running away
>a patrol spawns out of thing air behind me forcing me to retreat and dig in somewhere else
>try fighting enemies instead of running away
>a patrol spawns out of thing air behind me forcing me to retreat and dig in somewhere else
>try fighting enemies instead of
>>
>>484801186
>magdumping my dominator into them instantly kills them
>>
>>484802201
Swap 500kg for 380mm
>>
>>484801302
>>484801000
from my experience, the plasma punisher is not a good fit for bugs. The splash damage makes it suicide to use when things like hunters or stalkers get too close, and if you want splash damage so badly just bring a grenade launcher. The scorcher has the same problem, but its managable so long as the mob isnt directly in your face. It's ammo economy is terrible, and its breakpoints against mediums arent very good, but its got excellent hip fire performace and for some reason it can get rump kills against chargers faster than any other primary.
Purifier is trash, its the worst of both.
>>
>>484802201
eagle airstrike gets more value against bots than 500kg.
>>
>>484802201
Double AC is fine, but I don't see why you'd bring a 500kg over an OPS or just the airstrike, the AC rapes every heavy the bots can you thow at you
>>
>>484802463
the point is you can now kill them with light pen weapons as well, and be much more ammo efficient
>>
>>484802201
I'd lose the sentry and take the OPS
>>
>any armor that gives you two more grenades
>impact grenades
>plasma punisher
>grenade launcher
>grenade pistol
>mortar
>ems mortar
>supply backpack
Look at me, mother. I'm the grenademan now.
>>
>>484802660
Use the grenade momma armor for optimal grenade man performance
>>
>>484802535
>>484802526
500kg would be for striders and tanks.

The alternative I was thinking of was OPS and Eagle Airstrike.
>>
>>484802492
ye i run pplasma with rover and flex support slot, they tend not to get close
>>
>>484802779
>grenade momma armor
?????
>>
>>484802795
Eagle airstrike inflicts more damage to factory striders than 500kg. The things are big enough to eat multiple airstrike bombs which pushes the damage well above what the singular 500kg inflicts.

That said you're better off just defanging the chin guns with the AC and then either poking the thing's eyeball out with the AC or getting underneath for the belly kill.
>>
>>484803420
Guerrilla gorilla armor looks like a big grenade with 4 grenades (babies) on its chest
>>
>>484803578
Ha, that's great theming. Go full EOD.
>>
File: 1491444483297.gif (669 KB, 480x480)
669 KB
669 KB GIF
i have done nothing but shoot down gunships with my LC in this mission
FOR 6 MINUTES STRAIGHT.
I LITERALLY HAVE A FUCKING SUPPLY PACK JUST TO KEEP REPLACING THE HEAT SINKS FOR MORE DPS THIS IS FUCKING
CAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>484804098
Don't dive into planets with patrol gunships
>>
>>484804098
Next time get HMG emplacements
>>
>>484803849
Ye
>>
>>484804260
>>484804168
AHH MY TEAMMATE JUST FUCKING AIRSTRIKED ME AS I'M DESPERATLY TRYING TO SHOOT DOWN THE 46TH FUCKING GUNSHIP I QUIT
I HATE SWEDEN I HATE SWEDEN I HATE SWEDEN I HATE SWEDEN I HATE SWEDEN
>>
Is the personal bubble shield still good vs bots?
>>
>>484804712
It's ok. It catches some rockets that would have normally missed you but otherwise it works.
>>
>>484805017
I'm trying to figure out if I like LC/AMR+Bubble shield more than AC/Spear
>>
>>484805245
If you're scouting, sure
Otherwise probably not
>>
>>484805245
just get the supply pack
its way more effective health and stamina on demand, plus more stuns
>>
>>484804575
Gunship patrols are the dumbest shit in a game full of unnecessarily dumb shit
>>
>>484804712
It's alright.
>>
File: 1215752126275.jpg (244 KB, 473x295)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
The last 3 games and teams I've been stuck infinitely loading the pod. Thanks for the patch Sweden appreciate the welcome addition of more performance dips.
>>
>>484806017
> insanely low FPS
> more bugs than ever before
> d9 bots just feels gay and cheap
> still only 1 warbond unlocked from grinding after 110 hours (bought second warbond with $$)

And yet the gameplay loop is still just barely compelling enough to keep me around. For now.
>>
>>484806017
>>484806271
Works on my machine :)
>>
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242047090455/76561198062707855
>>
>>484806271
>still only 1 warbond unlocked from grinding after 110 hours (bought second warbond with $$)
Literally how? I bought all of them with free SC in 220 hours, and i never farmed them (well maybe i farmed like 150 or so but i'm not autistic enough to do more)
Do you just ignore every POI?
>>
>>484802660
We got ourselves a Demoman
>>
>>484806374
don't join my lobby podlicker
>>
>>484806623
Idk. I might have spent like 400 once in the store but that's about it. I got this game rather late so maybe they nerfed SC farming by the time I started
>>
File: 1716483524221115.png (360 KB, 850x936)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
3/4 BOTS 9
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242041024646/76561198065475540
>>
>>484807704
Man, I wish mechs were good
>>
>>484794706
They ain't free but they sure are shit filler """content"""
>>
File: flutey.png (1.15 MB, 996x922)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
another victory for the White side of history
>>
File: %pn_2024-07-05_10-28-54.jpg (1.48 MB, 2561x1440)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
This visibility is honestly unacceptable.
>>
>it's another bot mission where the host for some fucking reason despite being 65+ just fucks off to an already cleared (aka no samples) place on the other side of the map while wearing heavy armor to.......?????????? and then after five minutes slowly comes meandering back
>was clearly playing the mission up until that point but now suddenly lost every single brain cell
>all the while there are three gunship fabricators in addition to patrols and dropships
>see this weird kind of behavior more and more
What in the fuck is going on now? Why are so many mid-high to high level hosts acting like fucking tards? I get that this is a diff 7 personnel extraction and not a 9 but holy shit, it's not a diff 1 either. Another gun to fire at the bots and more stratagems to throw would have been nice.
>>
File: 1720124232111707.jpg (153 KB, 900x758)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>two sets of double gunship towers within spitting distance of each other at extract
>hellbomb called down between one of the sets
>inexplicably only destroys one tower but it marks the objective as complete
>can no longer call down hellbombs for the remaining three towers
Is this new??
>>
>>484808934
Don't worry, the bots can see just fine. Working as intended.
>>
>>484808934
>Play at night
>Complain it's dark
>>
>>484808934
Don't worry they fixed the visibility on the enemy side too! (It didn't do anything)
>>
File: brbrrtbrtbtrbtrbtrbtrb.png (116 KB, 298x281)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>484808934
>put in fog, darkness and inclement weather
>you can bring helmets with infrared, NVGs, or special HUDs before these missions as a countermeasure
>actually nvm lol scrapped before release
>leave the effects in and claim that enemies have trouble seeing in it too
>this is only true if they haven't detected anyone already and if even one bot has already aggro'd someone they melt you from the mist
>>
>>484809676
For gameplay purposes, we need to be able to wear infrared, shoot flares, there should be a certain level of low level illumination to create contrasts. This is just unnacceptable, I quit the mission instead of trying to finish it because of >>484809518
>>484809916
>>
>>484808934
I've only seen a difference in enemy visibility during blizzards and sandstorms. For some reason, any other visual effect and they just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>484802547
Light pen everything blows though
>>
File: %pn_2024-07-05_10-30-39.jpg (1.93 MB, 2561x1440)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
>>484808934
fixed it :)
>>
>>484810131
Shooting flares should blind (genuinely, not Arrowhead "blind") the bots for a few seconds. They aren't shut down like with a stun grenade or an EMS strike, so they can still shoot, but they should shoot wildly and possibly kill their compatriots.
>>
>>484809973
>weather effects get added for the first time
>cant see shit
>bots cant see shit
>sandstorm on some shitty desert rock, me and three other divers form a little conga line and crouch through between multiple massive bot groups on our way to the main objective
>swedes see people having fun with the weather system instead of getting sand/snow in their ass while getting shot by 7 heavy devastators
>change weather so its still fucking impossible to see in but now bots aren't literally blind like (you) are so if any see you its a death sentence
>>
File: conga-conga.webm (3.03 MB, 1024x576)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB WEBM
>>484810595
>conga line
>just finished making this webm
Is this the synchronicity stuff that /x/ was talking about?
I'm gonna go with no, since my conga line is made of bots instead of divers.
>>
>>484809973
>>484810595
>Missile and lasers flying from the gloom with no discernable origin point
>Teammates getting picked off one by one
They made a horror game but it's just aggravating instead of scary.
>>
>>484800983
Stuns can be cooked. Depending on the situation it might not go off before they can lick you, but it at least locks them down so they can't do more.

>>484802201
Sentries are generally not super useful against bots since a Rocket Devastator can just blow it up nearly instantly by looking at it. Mortars are more handy so long as you can keep Berserkers and sword Troopers at bay.

>>484804098
This is why the Spear is GOAT, also learn how to stay out of the path of patrols and just let them pass.

>>484810441
Before that they need to actually properly implement the "accuracy goes to shit when shot at" protocol.
>>
File: close-call.webm (3.46 MB, 1280x720)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB WEBM
>>
>>484811272
Rocket sentries have been good for me and don't die immediately.
>>
I just want to get into ONE fucking bot game where I have TEN SECONDS to call in my support weapon before all hell breaks loose. ONE FUCKING GAME, fucking NIGGER faggot game. Fucking hell I hate this stupid fucking game now.
>>
>>484811664
Do you have the decreased explosive damage upgrade? I think that has made a big difference.
>>
>>484810412
based, I did the same thing
>>
File: EAT-this.webm (3.4 MB, 1280x720)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB WEBM
>>
>>484812219
Yes. I only started using the rocket sentry after I got that upgrade, but regardless it lasts for me a while and doesn't explode right away even on 7-9s. So take that for what you will. Given that it's got a good range, I just give it some height and distance and let it go ham on incoming patrols.
>>
File: %pn_2024-07-05_11-10-48.png (1.38 MB, 2561x1440)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
And with that, I've finally unlocked everything in the game save from the new ship module upgrades. I have no need for medals now until a new bond releases. Feels bad.
>>
>>484812437
Same, I didn't bother bringing anything but the odd mortar with bots, but now I've been bringing the AC sentry, and it's done a pretty good job. I like the way it can anchor your firing line against a bot drop.
>>
>>484812768
I like the AC sentry too, but my anecdotal experience has been that it kills the odd hulk way faster and (maybe???) has more ammo.
>>
>>484812446
You're going to be passively stocking up while farming samples anyway. It's kind of nice to be able to unlock 40% of a War Bond the moment it drops.
>>
>>484812973
Yeah, I saved up to 250 for VC but at that point I still has cosmetic, non-gameplay items to unlock that I passed up. It really is nice to dump all those medals at once for a new bond, but now I have literally nothing to buy in the meantime. At least I have a sample sink, now.
>>
File: 1691923481290446.jpg (219 KB, 1310x1846)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
Has anyone actually taken the instant support weapon drops? Is it worth it for us fellow EATchads, to instakill behemoths/chargers?
>>
>>484814072
It's still 3-4 seconds to arrive, and 6-7 with the strategem call-in malus on certain bot missions. It just removes that time before it sends it, not the travel time between the super destroyer and the ground. Get 10% reload first, then 5% global cooldown, and then that probably.
>>
>>484814262
>Get 10% reload first, then 5% global cooldown, and then that probably.
NTA but this is what I'm doing.
>>
>>484800953
yes, it acts as a kill barrier if you fall through the map
>>
File: 1718644790904318.jpg (146 KB, 850x850)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>484814262
10% eagle CD first, then 5% global, then 10% reload, but I get what you mean.
>>
>>484796853
>fixed
>try it on a mission
>Eat rocket sentry backblast and get ragdolled
>After a slight delay more than half of my health dies for no reason
>Explosive goes off to my right
>Go flying
>Suddenly mid air i collide with something
LET ME PLAY WITH MY SHIELD YOU FUCKING SWEDES
>>
>>484801000
>staggers
you're playing bugs you dont want to stagger them you want them to die
>>
>>484814961
From what I understand the eagle extra CD only works if you send her back while there's still some charges left, so if you don't run double eagles it's pretty worthless
>>
File: 1710667689604906.webm (2.73 MB, 853x480)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB WEBM
How many samples total does it take to get all the new tier 5 upgrades? It's got to be like ~1500 commons/rares and ~150 supers.
>>
>>484815109
This is retarded. You definitely want to stagger bugs
>>
>>484815057
>give ballistic shields collision with grenades, something literally fucking no one ever complained about
>now it collides with the player
>now it collides with the ground
>the physics system has a stroke and falls apart if you get ragdolled with a ballistic shield and you can phase through the map/terrain/entire buildings
>you can just fucking die mid-air from bouncing off of your own ballistic shield as it clips into you
>it still collides with the mechs and will constantly make you slide forward in one
>will get vehicles officially added before ballistic shield is fixed and it will have an interaction with those guaranteed
>>
>>484815197
>so if you don't run double eagles it's pretty worthless
Disagree. It probably comes into play 75+% of the time, at least with bots.
>>
>>484815571
They cost way too much for the minor upgrades they give. These are by far the weakest of the ship module rollouts
>>
>>484815796
to be fair, the sentry calldown time reductions have been broken since the start of the game, those are arguably still the worst
>>
>>484802201
switch sentry for OPS, switch 500 for eagle air.
500 doesnt do a whole lot on bots
>>
>>484815953
I meant in the "groups" of them released together. Not single modules
>>
>>484815629
no you dont, you stagger a brood commander and it leaps 10 meters to the side and it's not even stopping for more than a second. bugs are slow anyways besides hunters which struggle to die to the ppunish and you can't even shoot them point blank cause you'll kill yourself. I've had was more problems with close bugs using the ppunish just bring something that kills them.
>>
If I'm running Spear against bots, are the Dominator and Scorcher the obvious primaries to run? Or should I bring a chaff clearer like the Sickle?
>>
I can't wait for the "cache of still-functional weaponry" in the MO to be anti-tank mines instead of the commando. Imagine the salt.
>>
>>484815109
i ove staggering stalkers
i will continue to stagger stalkers
shrimple as
>>
>>484816275
At least bring the verdict or senator if your primary is also going to be anti-heavy units. Or you can bring the plasma punisher which can also work as an anti-chaff grenade launcher.
>>
>start game
>join game through quickmatch
>play game
>next mission has infinite loading screen
>forcequit the game and it gives me a crash message
>validate files
>1 file is missing and has been redownloaded
>start game
>join game through quickmatch
>infinite loading screen
>forcequit
>revalidate
>1 file is missing and has been redownloaded
How do files get deleted just because I run the game? All I did was load into the super destroyer.
>>
>>484816469
I use autocannon for stalkers
>>
>>484816653
How do you think you arrived in space at the super destroyer? Had to burn some files for fuel, sweaty.
>>
>Resupply strat becomes player specific with each one getting their own
>it only has 1 ammo box
Do you take the deal? I would.
>>
File: 1712494572448249.jpg (59 KB, 500x500)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
YES, I will use the Dominator against bugs.
YES, I will 2hk hive guards, 4hk stalkers, and destroy all bile/nursing spewers.
YES, I will drop gas, napalm, and gatling on the bug breach.
YES, I will hit 600+ kills by the end of the match without using the incendiary crutcher.
>>
File: clouds.jpg (360 KB, 1911x838)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>signs C-01 permit to hold hands and look out the window together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrWa6U7ilVM
>>
>>484816997
>YES, I will use the Dominator against bugs.
Is this supposed to be controversial or something? Dominator is the only primary that can actually compete on the same level as the incel cuckbreaker.
>>
>>484816923
No. Sometimes I need more than one box.
>>
>>484816997
The Dominator might actually be okay against bugs with the handling armor
>>
>>484816889
Yeah, like 100 years ago (at most) when I was frozen after Helldiver training and sent into space. Is there a backlog of file deletion quotas to make up for on all the popsicles in the holding bay?
>>
>>484817016
Was waiting for this.
>>
>>484816923
I would in an instant. More pods for crushing chargers.
>>
>>484816541
>Or you can bring the plasma punisher which can also work as an anti-chaff grenade launcher.
I hadn't thought of that, I haven't actually played around with it, although I have it unlocked.
>>
JARpill me on killing scout striders. What am I aiming at? I can kill them sometimes shooting the hip but it feels like a crapshoot whether the shot will bounce or not so I just end up whipping out the AC for them instead most of the time.
>>
File: arc jumper.jpg (22 KB, 542x276)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
REMINDER
>you can aim EATs at the beginning of your jump
>grenades can be aimed throughout most of your jump
>>
>>484816275
both are good. scorcher is a bit better because the dominator handles like shit. ppunish is best primary for bots it staggers devs and kills mini striders like its nothing
>>
>>484817540
the balls.
>>
File: superearth.jpg (270 KB, 1904x1080)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>484817232
you know where we'll be
>>
>>484817540
crotch shots shouldn't bounce
>>
>>484816923
Was about to say yes but there is so many little things that it mess with that i can't say so
>>
>>484817457
Punisher notes for you:
>pros
- AOE is good for clustered bots
- Can somewhat reliably kill most chaff in a single shot
- 8 rounds per mag, about 8 mags (I think)
- Grenade launcher style projectile means you can shoot quite a ways before gravity falloff and can hit over walls
- Will always stagger striders and devastators and berserkers
- Can hurt tanks and hulks reliably if you hit them on their vents if you have nothing else to use

>cons
- Devs can take up to 5 shots to kill, maybe 7 if the bolt isn't hitting the right area
- AOE means you cannot use it at extreme short range, gonna zap yourself
>>
>>484817675
I wasn't really using the Spear because of the bugs, but now that it mostly works, it's made bot missions so much smoother.

I've been playing with the Adjudicator a lot on both fronts, and it seems a bit lacking for bots. Maybe I need to get good.
>>
File: 1717994184814352.gif (1.07 MB, 281x281)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB GIF
I've been knocked through the floor by bots at least 5 times in a single mission. Thankfully I was able to free myself everytime by throwing a grenade and ragdolling out of the floor
>>
>>484810937
there is a goofy ass bug that has all roaming marauders congregate in the exact center of the map every mission. ive seen as many as 40-50 at a single time all huddled together. running into that in a night mission is a strange sight
>>
>>484807704
gg
havent had fun like in a while boys
>>
>>484818271
Feels like something you'd run into with a robot army. Kinda cool and eerie.
>>
File: ProD9HelldiveFrags.webm (2.29 MB, 854x480)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB WEBM
So, this is the power of the Spear?
SPEARgods, I kneeeeeel
>>
>>484818271
I had something similar like this happen to me yesterday, except it was upon extract. Timer unfortunately ran out, was the last survivor. During the mission all of the bots congregated into a single mass on the map and then this insane death army just marched right towards extract. It was unironically something like 100 bots, possibly more. They all parked right on top of where Pelican-1 would land and by that point I had no stims, virtually no ammo, and obviously no stratagems. Freaking crazy, man. A shame too, since I was carrying the super rares as well.
>>
>>484819398
Sounds mildly kino tbqh.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (659 KB, 2414x930)
659 KB
659 KB JPG
what is this influx of people who obviously don't play bots
>>
>>484811272
>Spear
nigga you aint shooting down 15 gunships with your 3 rockets
>>
>>484820774
Those last stand moments are always fun regardless, yes, but it was just SO many shield devastators and berserkers parked right on top of the evac point and I think I audibly said something like "oh come the fuck on now."
>>
>>484820820
>2x Eagle 110s
Nigga wat.
>>
>>484816275
Plasma Punisher is my favorite, because it not only one-shots chaff and has AOE, but also staggers anything smaller than a Hulk with that same shot. Sure, it takes at least three shots to kill a Devastator when you only have 8 shots per mag, but it's a small price to pay when said Devastator is stunlocked and can't shoot back at you until you have to reload.
>>
>>484820820
All of those look fine except for the airburst guy.
>>
>>484817968
where will you be
>>
How do the barrages fit into loadouts vs other good stuff you could take?

Why do people usually pick 380mm, over 120mm or Walking?
>>
>>484820820
>Gee Admiral, how come eagle-1 lets you have TWO rocket pods?
>>
>>484818067
Throw in
>explosive can't destroy fabricators/bug holes
as part of the con list.

>playing around with the Xbow since a "quiet" weapon that can destroy fabricators sounds neat
>it feels so god damned fucking anemic compared to the plasma punisher
>>
File: 1707822727925466.jpg (212 KB, 850x1048)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
Someone host bots, NOW.
>>
>>484821186
I've been enjoying them lately. I don't know if they're optimal, but when bots start dropping multiple tanks, they're so fast at taking them out.
>>
>>484821186
This implies that 4 EAT is possible.
>>
>>484821346
380mm barrage is just bigger boolets and more spread (the TK champion), 120mm is actually more useful for calling in on a group. As for the walking barrage, I still haven't really figured what that one is good for.
>>
>>484821346
the only reason you want a barrage is because there is a fuck load of heavies in a clustered area
120s don't do anything to heavies
Orbital is way too inaccurate, thus the 380
>>
>>484821573
i would but you posted weebshit soooo
>>
>>484821530
Ah shit, yes, I knew I was forgetting something in my con list but I couldn't put my finger on it. Thanks for reminding me. Yeah, it can't blow up spawners unfortunately.
>>
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242069976662/76561198010165757
D9 bots, we're liberating Meissa.
1/4
>>
>>484821591
oh SHIT
>>
>>484821839
2/4
>>
>>484821591
I'd take 4 mechs instead.
>>
>>484816923
No, because I don't want some shitter stealing my ammo box while I'm looking the other direction. The current system is less ripe for abuse.

>>484819148
You don't know love until you've headshot a Bile Titan from 150 meters away while it has no fucking clue where you even are.

>>484821346
380 is good for clearing big bot outposts, and I've yet to have it fail against Command Bunkers. I use it over 120mm because they have the exact same cooldown, and if I'm going to be waiting three and a half minutes between uses you damn well better believe I'm going to pick the one with bigger explosions.
>>
>>484809153
Anything that isn't D9 is going to end up with extra retarded hosts.
>>
So is stealth actually usable on 9 now that bushes etc actually conceal you?
>>
>>484822557
No
>>
>>484821646
You can call it closer to your position and not TK. However, some of shots will be wasted since enemies are often approaching you.

Like the name suggests, it's nice to chuck in a big base and follow behind. You don't have to wait for 5 flares to go up like 380mm.
>>
>>484822701
Ok thank you sir
To be honest I don't know if I could go back to using anything but my 150 armor Servo Assist set
>Tom Brady arm
>Being able to survive some absurd ragdolls+hits that would gib anything else, ie; Arc Thrower zap
just 2 gud
>>
Should I unlock Polar Patriots, Steeled Veterans, or Viper Commandos?
>>
>>484821346
They are an answer to a deathballing that only really happens in eradication missions. You're generally going to be better off with gatling barrage normally and it's even up every minute anyways.
>>
>>484823559
Steeled Veterans 100%
>>
File: imagine.png (27 KB, 142x176)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
>>484821591
>>
>>484820820
>airburst guy was in fact using the shield pack with backpack weapons
>recoilless guy was firing rockets into the side of a fac strider
i am confused
>>
>>484823559
>poopy patriots
>vipiss comandoodoo
Steeled veterans.
>>
>two guys with super private title
>they're in the 110s
>>
>>484820774
Bot evac is routinely kinomatic.
>>
>>484824538
>recoilless guy was firing rockets into the side of a fac strider
that's the best spot to put them if you can't shoot the face for whatever reason since it breaches the side armor like a bile titan and lets you unload regular gunfire into it.
>>
>still no official info on next warbond
It's not happening this month at all is it.
>we need le more time!
>more time for less shit
I hate swiggers so much it's unreal.
>>
>>484821839
Apologies dude, had to run. Real life BS occurred. Hope the rest of your levels went smoothly.
>>
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242069976662/76561198010165757
JOIN FOR FUN!!!!!!
D9 BOTS!!!!
One couldn't make it to the end.
>>
>>484824725
That's what I was leaning towards. I wanted to get the Blitzer, Sickle, Stun Grenades, and Grenade Pistol first.
>>
Can you do "Gone in 360 Seconds" above extreme shitter difficulty yet?
>>
>>484825135
fair, i just usually prioritize the guns on it so it can't fight back, then the belly is absolutely free
>>
>>484825135
Wait, what? Does the side armor ever give a visual indication that its been busted?
>>
>>484825616
nigga fulll
>>
So if taking Meissa cuts off Wasat does that mean we win or the defense automatically or does the planet HP drop more?
>>
File: traffic_glare.jpg (1.07 MB, 8668x5767)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>484827358
Yes but you might not notice it amidst the fog.
>>
>>484827592
we "win" automatically but AH has to go in and change the planet's status, it's not automatic, unless something changed
>>
File: aliens.png (18 KB, 476x91)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
What's your excuse?
>>
>>484827592
If the enemy's route into Wasat gets cut off, then their offensive fails immediately.
>>
>>484827841
I do not give the slightest of fucks about achievements.
>>
>>484827841
No friends
>>
>>484827841
Achievements don't matter, but I do have it regardless.
>>
File: file.png (202 KB, 496x441)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>484827841
Excuse?
>>
File: stridema_balls.png (83 KB, 308x297)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>484817831
>>484818017
WHAT? I swear I just tried this out again and all my shots are still bouncing. Right here?
>>
>>484823559
Yes.
>>
>>484799309
>inb4 uncancellable breach call
>>
>>484829205
those two lighter strips in the middle are actually armour 4, you need to I am either side or below
>>
>>484827592
we win automatically if the source of the attack is liberated. it's a two for one
>>
File: resting easy.jpg (133 KB, 710x508)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>484830286
i genuinely hate the fucking retards that made this game
>>
>>484830579
>hmm when I shoot this part of the strider some of my shots bounce but some of them pen. I wonder what's going on. Next time I find a scout strider I'm goign to take a closer look at where I'm shooting
>oh, look, if I hit these distinct visual elements it bounces, but if I hit to either side of them I penetrate. I guess they must have more armour. better make sure to always aim to the sides then
>problem solved
is it really that hard?
>>
>>484806017
>enter X-45
>5 fps
Thank you Swedes
>>
File: image.jpg (611 KB, 2560x1440)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
Bros 4 lyfe
>>
>>484831071
>hmm we're gonna slap a ton of AP here have fun lmfao (we dont even play our game)
you can't defend it
>>
wait, so the major order is already complete?
>>
>>484831285
the face shield has the same armour as those strips, what's so hard to believe? why is those two strips having more armour bad? you have to actually aim?
>>
Does the game scale down at all when people leave because it sure doesn't fucking seem like it.
>>
>>484831642
it's "complete" as in we won the defense
it's incomplete as in the bots will continue to attack until MO completion
>>
>>484831642
It's not complete until 3D 15H, they will try to take it from us until then
>>
>>484831728
Allegedly it does, but then Joel starts giving planets a 3% decay if he wants and then virtually no progress gets made
>>
>>484831642
There are still entire days left that the dungeon master can decide to sweep the pieces off the game board, don't worry.
>>
>>484831728
It does, but the swedes also assume that bug divers will help against bot MO's.
>>
>>484831876
If it turns out the game is somehow plugged directly into a permanently open excel spreadsheet masterfile and all Joel does it edit cells I wouldn't be surprised.
>>
>>484821530
I actually run the Crossbow 24/7, love that shit. It's sub-par but destroying holes/fabs makes it worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>484831709
>>484831071
shut the fuck up alexus
>>
File: welp.webm (3.48 MB, 1280x720)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB WEBM
>>
>>484832440
I've been trying to make it work on builds that have the option to stealthily defeat some outposts/POIs. But generally the laser cannon has been doing the heavy lifting once things get loud.
>>
Where the fuck even is x-45
>>
>>484832913
kek, would not complain if I got looney toons'd like this.
>>
>>484833335
Yeah the timing on my dive and the direction is what did me in. Remember not to panic.
>>
File: 1525879641941.png (838 KB, 1280x720)
838 KB
838 KB PNG
>Start kill mission
>Team immediately throws all their stratagems at our feet
>Blow up all our sentries
>Waste all their cooldowns
>There are now 17 tanks and 4 factory striders
>Ragdolling everywhere because as soon as they have control they lob a grenade in whatever direction they're facing
>>
>>484832913
Why would Dividedspleen23 do this?
>>
File: m200 laughing.png (107 KB, 268x260)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>484828424
>doesn't care about anything he doesn't have
convenient!
not because you can't, lol
>>
>Vega Bay taking 15 hours to defend instead of the usual 6
What happened here? Did Joel arbitrarily double the amount of participation required to successfully defend, or were people just not as focused on it because everyone's still on Meissa? It's nice to see so many people ignoring Wasat though, it's as if they understand that it's pointless to defend Wasat since liberating Meissa will cut that offensive off at the knees.
>>
File: covering-fire.webm (3.39 MB, 960x540)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB WEBM
>>
File: file.png (962 KB, 849x1373)
962 KB
962 KB PNG
>>484827841
Fine.
>>
I wish explosions counted as "suppression" for bot accuracy so that leaving cover to go on the attack right after a stratagem like airstrike lands had an actual material benefit other than just feeling cool.
>>
>>484834727
emergent war thunder-lite AA gameplay
>>
>>484834727
is this just the effect of the stim/armor, or did they finally buff up the turret user's resistance?
>>
>>484835142
>the incoming shell hightlighted by the combined fused might of the red stratagem beacons
Kino
>>484835265
Flak turret would be nice. Or maybe something like a manned airburst launcher turret.
>>484835510
The yellow is from the stim effect, not that the increased speed does anything while in the turret. But yes, turret hp was increased as well, and I'm wearing the light armor with 100 defense instead of the usual 50.
>>
>>484831071
>no safe enviroment to properly test armor values
>no ''bestiary'' to actually see the values
>>
File: EAT jump shot.jpg (317 KB, 1920x799)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
jump and shoot chargers
>>
>>484794323
I have been running the eruptor for some time now, what is the best medium armor penetrating rifle?
>>
>>484835220
Suppression is a lie. You can shoot them in the fucking head and they will have perfect sin after there.1 second flinch
>>
>>484836706
DCS is the only one, right?
Dominator is similar, but it's (based on) a shotgun.
>>
>>484836821
>but it’s based on a shotgun
What?
>>
>>484836706
Adjudicator is pretty good if you can live with the 30 round magazine. Sure as hell it beats the Lib Pen.

>>484836997
The weapon chassis is a modified Breaker, even though it functions exactly nothing like it.
>>
>>484837458
No, you are an idiot
>>
>>484837606
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>484837904
Pretty obvious if you aren't a d6 newfag
>>
What is the deal with the game right now? Was working fine for me, but now I can barely load into the ship or drop without massive stutters
>>
>>484838068
hey i just did a 6!
>>
>>484838117
>right now
swede-made game
but I agree that there should be warnings on storefronts
>>
>>484837458
>>484836821
thanks comrads
>>
>>484838552
Its just weird that after being able to run the game fine for months I have to drop all my graphics setting just to survive the loading in chop
>>
i use a PS4 controller on my computer
>>
>>484838552
If the rest of the gaming "marketplace" wasn't such a troon filled anime shitshow, Helldivers 2 would be considered an awful game.
But, it's all we Chuds have now, besides Insurgency Sandstorm (with it's zero-reward progression).
>>
>>484838895
Based, mouse aiming gives me a headache too. For me, it's a wireless Xbox brand Xbox controller.
>>
File: 1364010405588.jpg (48 KB, 314x792)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Boy do I hate gunships.
>>
What's the deal with bot drops. Sometimes it's like 1 ship and other times the ships start coming and they don't stop coming.
>>
File: RaiderConvention.webm (3.28 MB, 1440x810)
3.28 MB
3.28 MB WEBM
why do raiders love to gather in the center of the map?
>>
>MG-43
>Laser Rover
This shouldn't be as strong as it it, but it do. On bugs, anyways.
>>
vega bay d9
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242099404121/76561198092709508
>>
>>484839360
That's why I run the AMR, I can just lay down way far back from them and get 1-2 per magazine on the 200m magnification.
>>
>>484839694
That looks very satisfying. Why can't there be a game mode with nothing but raiders?
>>
Bugs would beat bots if you had a big NPC scrapfest, right? I feel like bots just couldn't thin bugs out fast enough and the moment they get into melee its game over. Although, maybe gunships would be the only thing bugs wouldn't have an answer for.
>>
>>484839416
I am going to make a wild assumption that every time a bot fails to call a ship a call gets stored and when a bot finally doed alll the calls go off at once.
I have no grounds to believe this but i wouldn't be suprised.
>>
>>484840082
Berserkers and flamer hulks though.
>>
>>484838986
Show me on the doll where the anime touched you.
>>
File: 1689292417081189.png (3.85 MB, 2306x914)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB PNG
you know, this feels maybe a little excessive maybe
>>
>>484839860
3/4
>>
>>484840082
Those bots with the double swords would do a pretty good job I think. They're pretty good about going all stabby stabby if they get into range.
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 616x119)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>484827841
Don't need one.
>>
>teammates dropping 380s without a ping on a defense mission
>>
>>484840775
Bro the big red beam?
>>
>>484839416
1: From what I can observe, reinforcement waves increase in size as the mission progresses. Remember you're deep behind enemy lines and are kicking the hornet's nest. The longer the match progresses the more force is able to be mobilized against you. It's just that instead of directly being a function of time it is a function of outpost destruction and mission objective completion.

2: Certain mission objectives start calling in reinforcements and don't fucking stop until you complete the objective. Geological surveys and the new bug nursery drill missions are notorious for spamming reinforcements at you.
>>
>>484840979
silence 380 simp it comes in 6 seconds
>>
Once Vega and Meissa are liberated surely everyone will hop on to Wasat and rescue it, right?
>>
is the arc-12 blitzer a good rifle? It doesn't say any armor penetration
>>
>>484839694
This is how D7+ bots should have been after the spawn ratio rebalance was done.

>>484840580
This is how D7+ bots actually is.
>>
>>484841694
arc weapons (mostly) ignore armor
>>
>>484841694
Kills spewers pretty good.
>>
>>484839360
it's the only excuse i need to bring the HMG turret over 500kg or gatling barrage
>>
I like gunship patrols because it's one of the few modifiers that doesn't completely rape your stratagems.
>but you need something to kill them.
There's such a strong overlap between "things that are good at killing devastators" and "things that are good at killing gunships" that I don't see the issue.
>>
>>484843267
It doesn't feel so bad because if buffs the enemies instead of nerfing you. And it's not a straight buff either, but a change of some patrols into another enemy type.

So it's miles above something like 25% increased strategem cooldown.
>>
>>484842312
>>484842596
based thanks
>>
bots are less fun than bugs because they are a solved tic-tac-toe faction
i rarely find a reason to use any stratagems accept the occasional precision strike for objectives or eagle airstrike for tanks
just use the autocannon and you win
>>
>>484843674
>So it's miles above something like 25% increased strategem cooldown.
The fact they thought 100% increased call-in time and 50% increased cooldown were good ideas to add as modifiers is absolutely mind boggling. You completely obliterate core balance mechanics and invalidate 90% of options to the player by doing that.
>>
>>484841753
>D7+ bots should be piss easy where enemies can barely fight back and I can just mindlessly farm for big number kill streak
>>
>>484841694
>>484842312
That is straight up wrong
Arc Blitzer has its own pen value, probably like AP3.
Arc thrower has AP 7
>>
>>484843267
I like them until that one match where I lose my support weapon
>>
>>484843804
blitzer is AP3, tesla tower is AP4, arc thrower is AP7
>>
>>484841456
Wasat gets defended by Meissa getting liberated, you noob.
>>
>>484843674
>>484844691
all that said, I don't think it makes much sense for gunships to be armored enough to completely shrug off ground fire. Aircraft are traditionally very fragile things. Even ones that are notorious for being "tanky" like the A-10 or Su-25.
>>
>>484844982
Yeah, agreed. They should at least make the engines less durable.
>>
>>484839416
Detector Towers can automatically call in drops that don't follow the regular rules, so it always pays to blow them up without them seeing you.
>>
>>484843267
I like them, and want more enemy buff modifiers over player nerfs, but Gunships snowball matches harder than any other unit in the game, because no stratagems deal with then except support weapon. So if you die and lose your weapon, you're shit out of luck until you can retrieve it.

I think the engines need to be less durable, but we also need better anti air stratagems.
>>
>>484839737
Never underestimate how strong it is to be able to kill enemies while running at full sprint. Guard Dogs aren't just something you use to cover your inattentive ass from enemies that pop up in your peripheral vision, they're a useful force-multiplier that kill while also allowing you to focus on killing. Like a little baby sentry that you carry on your back at all times.

>>484841694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeCTwJjKL6Y
It's purely for bug killing and little more. Treat it like a miniature Arc Thrower and stay mobile.
>>
>Run anti-material rifle + supply pack + gattling + BIGBOMBA
>Feel like I have an answer for everything
>Constantly get griefed by teammates since adopting this build
Fuckign why? Am I imagining it or what?
>>
>>484844738
I did not notice the supply line, yeah that makes sense.
>>
So where are we headed after Meissa is liberated and Vega Bay is defended? Sure as hell we aren't going to Wezen with its 2% decay rate and fire tornados. Matar Bay might have some bullshit high decay rate too, and every planet bordering Aesir Pass and Vernen Wells has the "Joel wants to railroad the playerbase into not going this direction" stupid decay rates too. The playerbase doesn't know about Vandalon having the super low decay rate so unless huge chunks of the "in the know" playerbase go that direction the silent mob might just fuck off back to bug territory.
>>
Is the new shitter difficulty 6? I noticed you get 3 super samples there now.
>>
>>484847132
D7 is still blindingly easy, D8 is about where D9 was before patrol spawns got fucked up.
>>
>>484847132
If you want to feed your superiority complex, 6 is probably the best. You'll be getting largely new/low-level players who just want to unlock stratagems and weapons, and they'll treat you like god himself if you whip out the scorcher and summon mechs or whatever.
>>
>>484847493
>>484847392
Excellent, I want to meet the worst players.
>>
File: GainsboroSneakyServal.png (514 KB, 916x470)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
>>484846782
I don't think there's a chance in hell the blob will push out to Wezen since it's a fire shithole planet. In all likelihood I think we might end up seeing a push to Matar Bay maybe, but I also think Joel will just open a new line between Varylia 5 and Wasat and through in a triple push into Vega Bay, Wasat, and Meissa over the weekend.
>>
>>484848007
>Meanwhile, on the bugfront: literally the exact same fucking biome as Crimsica, but the red planet with worse decay is the more populated one because... ?
>>
It's amazing how much better bot missions are on ice planets
Everywhere else it's a fucking disgrace, but on ice planets shit just clicks
>>
>>484848384
I like bot missions on any planet with good sightlines. Makes the spear utterly dominate them as well.
>>
>>484848274
you can't liberate planets with less than 10,000 players anyway
blame joel for changing the equations for liberation and email/DM pilestedt asking him to change it back or to make it front-based rather than galaxy-based
>>
>>484848517
Nah, I'm fine getting a laugh out of this game exposing people for being idiots.
>>
>>484848274
Because decay rate isn't shown in game
>>
File: NoBeaconD9.webm (3.49 MB, 854x480)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB WEBM
>>484840979
Do you see a strategem beacon anywhere?
What else have swiggers broken this time?
>>
>>484845941
Just keep your fucking drone way the fuck away from me. The damn thing keeps flagging everyone.
>>
>>484848898
You don't need decay rates to know Crimsica and Gatria are literally the same fucking biome. Just consolidate on one instead of this autistic split.
>>
>>484843943
have you tried not being a metafag?
>>
>>484849409
There isn't a bug MO active so it doesn't matter. Joel rigs the game. We can't win and we can't lose unless an MO says that we can.
>>
>>484849409
Decay isn't explained at all, the average normalfag playing this game doesn't even know it's a thing
>>
File: IMG_20240705_021808.png (993 KB, 840x1120)
993 KB
993 KB PNG
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242115489950/76561198073214698

Bot 9
>>
>>484848384
Ice planets give you that Hoth feel.
>>
>>484850001
2/4
>>
>>484850001
4/4
>>
>>484849491
design a faction that isnt invalidated by but still requires one of 4 options and i might consider it
>>
File: kill em all.jpg (25 KB, 894x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>loot goblin steals my samples before i even hit the ground
>try to ignore it because i'm sure he's not stupid enough to lose them
>he ends up stalling at extract
>teamkills the other guy on the team that had half the samples then dies on the 10 feet trek to the shuttle
>we lose all the samples

it's been so long since that's happened, i let my guard down, and it bit me in the ass as a result
even when i tried to explain to him as simply as possible how this exact scenario is why you don't hoard samples, he swallows his mic attempting to say "yOu cAnT sTeaL SamPleS iDiOt" and kicks me

total lootgoblin death, i have no more patience for these faggots, kill on sight, they're too stupid to reason with
>>
>>484851631
>and kicks me
Your fault for not hosting.
>>
>>484851778
that is partially the problem
it's easier to do quick matches without needing to wait for anyone to join if i host, but i guess i'll just have to live without that luxury from now on
>>
File: rage.png (320 KB, 927x608)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
Heavy armor NEEDS to give stagger resistance ASAP. I don't know what changed but coming back after 2-3 weeks break has made bots fucking unbearable. I can't even start a mission without IMMEDIATELY being in the thick of it, and I'm only on D7.
>>
>Player with Chinese name joins the game (pub defend the rockets mission), spawns in with clussy launcher and gatling orbital.
>Instantly throws the gatling orbital smack dab in the middle of all of us sitting behind the second wall/chokepoint.
>Shoot him dead instantly and refuse to revive him since I know what sort of chink faggotry he'll be up to if he's allowed to live much longer.
>Ally revives him.
>He drops the orbital gatling on our feet again.
>I fucking execute him immediately again and tell the lobby host to kick his dumb ass or he'll keep throwing the mission.
>He actually kicked that chink faggot.
Feels good man.
>>
File: X45.png (1.34 MB, 1605x1066)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
So, now that both approaches to X-45 are fully secured, how long until Joel houdinis up a supply line from the neighboring sector just to fuck everyone over? Place your bets now!
>>
>>484848007
Yeah, Matar Bay briefly had a 1% decay rate in the minutes after Meissa was liberated, but then Joel realized his mistake and upped it to 2%. So much for that idea, the only avenues now are Vandalon and Charbal but I don't expect anyone to realize that.

>>484848274
They see zero supply lines extending to Gatria, so they think that it's a good target since liberating it means there's zero chance of it being attacked again unless both Pandion and Phact Bay are taken in succession.
>>
>>484852302
Heavy devs have such obnoxious aim punch that they're pretty much impossible to challenge head on unless you CC them before they manage to get a hit in on you. It's why I refuse to use anything other than PPunisher, Dominator, or Eruptor as my primaries against them since all those weapons can stunlock them.
>>
File: woow.webm (3.66 MB, 1280x720)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB WEBM
The eruptor died for this mechanic
>>
>>484851963
I get it. If I'm just looking to drop in and kill I'll join someone's game, if I have time to wait a bit for it to fill I'll host.
>>
>>484852381
The only candidate for that is Mekbuda, and opening a lane in that direction risks giving an avenue to Cyberstan, which they won't allow. More likely to happen is that the next attacks on Meissa and Vega Bay will have increased HP, requiring a lot more player participation to defend.
>>
>>484850001
Alright, which of you is this?
>>
>>484852381
Varylia-5 to Wasat and then three attacks on Vega Bay, Wasat, and Meissa tomorrow so the weekend players have something fun to do.
>>
>>484852381
>>484852694
>inb4 supply line from Varylia 5
>>
>>484852589
I'll continue to repeat it: Heavy Devastators should have their guns replaced with a shotgun-type scatter laser. It will still be basically an instant kill at close enough range, but the spread means they aren't fucking sniping you out and it would have a slow enough fire rate to allow an opportunity to pop a head or stagger them between shots.
>>
>>484852662
>deflects your rocket
>spits on you from 50m away
heh nothing personnel diver
>>
>>484852662
AH proves month after month that they're the wrong team for the job.
>>
>>484852726
A.L.I.C.E
>>
>>484852383
>They see zero supply lines extending to Gatria.
Surely they realize by now that bugs don't need supply lines to attack planets. They just pop up wherever Joel wants them to appear thanks to "muh spores".
>>
>>484844724
Tesla is only 4? They need to up that shot to at least arc thrower pen. It’s gonna die quickly to a charger/bt/strider anyway, might as well let it do some chip damage on its way out
>>
File: 1706336475159555.webm (2.04 MB, 1920x1080)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB WEBM
>>484853112
I remember that name only because he called me brown at least 3 times in one lobby
>>
>>484850001
There beter be a benis under that skirt, I aint gaming with no disgusting female.
>>
>>484852853
i think they just need to fix how accuracy works
i don't know what the fuck they got set up right now, but IDEALLY in a game like this, the enemy should start out with a low base percentage to hit you, then the longer you're in their line of sight, especially if you're standing still, that percentage increases
likewise, distance affects it too
so you have a high rate of survival at the start but after a while you tempt fate too much and guarantee you die quick when your luck runs out
so many games use that system and it works completely fine

but in helldivers it feels like that's the case, but somehow it changes randomly, like it goes from 10% accuracy to 100% in a split second, or sometimes it even starts at 100% so the moment you see something as basic as an mg raider, they can just essentially one shot you before you have a chance to do anything
and distance certainly does not have any impact on accuracy
>>
>>484850001
>>484852726
>>484853112
https://www.reddit.com/r/femboymemes/comments/1ap7g1p/who_else_is_serving_up_a_cup_of_libertea/
>>
>Earn about 20 to 25 rare samples every 40 minute mission.
>Easily unlock a new module every 10 or so missions.
I don't get it. This is supposed to be a grind?
>>
>>484853702
Typical sissy. They should be ran through.
>>
>>484853749
>Earn about 20 to 25 rare samples every 40 minute mission.
Never saw it happen
>>
>>484853853
That's been my D9 missions for the past 2 days. If we get a radio tower spawn then it can easily be 30 commons and rares even, and this is on bots. They are easily bullied by orbital gatling, airstrikes, and spears.
>>
I hope the recruits who died at the SEAF training camps on Aesir Pass and Fori Prime will have a memorial in those recreational campgrounds.
>>
File: payola.png (1.09 MB, 1488x836)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>484853853
If the shittest of shitters can do it, you have no excuse.
>>
>>484852381
The bots have hyperspaced to X45 somehow!
>>
>>484853749
The grind is for people who are still trying to get level 4 upgrades.

>>484853853
I regularly scrounge for samples regardless of how maxed out my samples are, and I can get close to 30 Rare per mission on a good day.
>>
>>484802660
and still no way to destroy armor pog
>>
At 2% decay rate, how many players are needed?
>>
Everyone should go to Vandalon IV
>>
>>484852589
>>484852853
I swear at launch their chainguns weren't as fucking accurate as they are now. They used to just suppress the fuck out of you and maybe nickel and dime you but now you just fucking die if you are out of cover.
>>
>>484854595
About +20% of the playerbase or more to go positive on liberation.
>>
File: 1709739046499065.png (881 KB, 1025x1025)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
>Matar Bay suddenly up to 2% decay
>>
>>484854431
"Somehow, the bots returned. But that's a story for another time."
>>
>>484811272
>Stuns can be cooked.
ty

>Sentries are generally not super useful against bots
i always throw rocket sentries high or put them on a rock at a distance. keeps the devastators from going after it instead of me behind cover. still there are better options
>>
>>484854734
They should. Joel clearly doesn't want players pushing further than Wezen or Matar Bay with the -2% decay on both planets. Might as well throw some positive liberation on V4 otherwise since that's a -.75% decay rate.
>>
>>484816653
it's REdownloaded. if any file gets flagged during validation it's redownloaded to replace the corrupted file you have
>>
Have you noticed that automaton buildings and tilesets have less ammo drops than bugs? I can't keep the spear stocked without greeding on resupplies while fighting automatons compared to bugs, and I don't rely on it that much.
>>
>>484855234
It is clear to me that unlike the supply chain lines and potential other data, Arrowhead will NEVER show the active decay rates ingame. It would make the railroaded narrative way too obvious.
>>
>>484850001
this general even steals gay trapbait pictures from reddit
>>
>>484852662
That has absolutely nothing to do with enabling self-damage from ricocheting rounds. EATS/RR could always ricochet if they hit an angle greater than 80 degrees as they only have 3 pen at that angle of impact.
>>
>>484855483
I feel like more automaton sub objectives usually are littered with ammo bricks. At least I've seen them around AA, Mortars, and Jammers. SEAF SAM sites also tend to have ammo bricks laying around too, but they are a really annoying sub objective to look for since they lack a good landmark to spot from the distance.
>>
>>484855236
Ok, you are right, moment of retardation on my part.
So how does it happen?
>>
>>484855846
At the very least you would think you could get special ammo boxes at bot fortresses to replace the ICE cartridges that helldiver laser weaponry uses, since bot weapons (manned turrets, etc) all can overheat and need to cool down as well.
>>
File: meissa.png (1.54 MB, 2528x794)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>484855626
Anybody with the slightest attention span has to have noticed by now the whole 'war' is rigged like a north korean election. Its a real spit in the face for players who've gotten personally invested in the outcome of it all, and makes the whole Liberty LARPing bit even more cringe.
>>
>>484856401
>Anybody with the slightest attention span
Well, therein lies the problem. Your average player is several tiers below even redditors on the awareness level. Your average diver got it on pc or ps5 and just wants to dive for a single mission on 4 or something, blast a few things then peace out. They could not care less.
>>
File: Concerned Officer.png (218 KB, 329x346)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>game is suddenly running buttery smooth
>>
File: 1709152672568389.jpg (26 KB, 658x378)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>484856401
The real issue is liberation scaling and how much that nigger joel likes to crank it way the fuck down on planets you're not ment to liberate. Its why i'll never suffer another heat planet for the sake of the MO again. the games "DM" has it on rails so tightly that even if only 2k people show up on a planet meant to be taken, it'll get taken.
>>
File: Ricochets.png (38 KB, 792x75)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>484852662
>The eruptor died for this mechanic
You seriously believe that before that patch ricochets never happened? ever? at all? Read pic related from patch 0.300. Does that say "shots will now ricochet"? No, it doesn't. It says that shots that did ricochet can now hurt the player who fired them. To spell it out for you that means they already were ricocheting before this change.

Shots that hit at bad angles have less penetration. You ever shoot at a warrior with an incendiary breaker and see you get the ricochet symbol sometimes? That's because the pellet is hitting an an angle greater than 80 degrees. Warriors have 1 armour all over their body and the pellets from an incendiary breaker have 0 penetration if the impact angle is 80 degrees or more. And to prove I'm not making shit up like you are here's a quote from patch 0.101 that mentions this mechanic:
>Together with the unfortunately undocumented change of last patch that increased the armor penetration ability of less well placed shots for EAT-17s and Recoilless Rifle shots,

>>484853105
The only thing that's proven by this is you're as much of a retard as the person you are replying to for fucking believing the EAT ricocheted because they make rounds that bounced be able to hurt the shooter.
>>
>fall into a 2m pond
>can't climb back even though the border is right there
>lose all samples
I hate this game so goddamn much
It's so shittily made
>>
File: 1696016735628204.png (718 KB, 1719x619)
718 KB
718 KB PNG
Here's your next 4 days of war progress, fellow diver
>>
>>484856818
It happened to me after I turned off cloud saving, I thought it was that
>>
>>484853382
why are you brown?
>>
Just had the game go to a black screen because the host somehow launched the game when someone wasn't ready.
>>
>>484856401
If it makes those players focused on liberations/defenses feel any better, a lot of the playerbase actually are the retards this anon pointed out >>484856678 that are the types that play a single mission then fuck off, so they are effectively a complete non-factor in liberations/defenses.
>>
>>484858625
JOEEEEEEEEEEEL, CHANGE THE DECAY PERCENTAGES ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>484854852
>there are still niggers out there who will say it's not rigged
>>
>Meissa Defense Campaign: PLANET HEALTH: 450000 / 450000
lmao he set the hp higher just so we wouldn't complete the defense in 7 hours' time.
>>
File: 1699362959155062.webm (3.68 MB, 1920x1080)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB WEBM
>Meissa's already under attack

welp, time for more bots I guess

steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242132900515/76561198121770582
>>
File: 1717449562431006.png (631 KB, 1961x1250)
631 KB
631 KB PNG
>drop into Marfark d9 nuke mission
>we split up and speedrun the map
>I load the SEAF arty, snatch launch codes, blow up a heavy base, a gunship spawner
>one guy at fuel station, one at generator, one on the way to the missile
>all is as it should be
>generator guy disconnects after completing objective
>same for missile guy
>they had no reason to leave, probably random DCs
>fuel guy and I take out the remaining bases and head for extract
>it is now swarming with hulk patrols for some reason
>spawn rate clearly didn't adjust, in fact it feels like it increased well beyond even the 4-player rate, more patrols spawn in practically by the second
>fight legit 50+ hulks in addition to chaff and dropships just to call in extract
>our reinforcements go from double digits to zero
>fuel guy makes it to the pelican by the skin of his teeth, samples included, thank god
this game is twelve kinds of fucked
AH needs to be restaffed with pakis that can actually code and handle a workload
>>
>>484860983
I'm so tired, bros. Might as well just treat it as voting on what server map(s) you want available instead of a galactic map of conquest.
>>
Honestly I don't care about supply lines, decay rates, rigging, or anything like that. I'm just here to shoot bugs and dismantle bots.
>>
>>484853496
It does kinda work that way. Bots do miss a bit, then zone in on you of you stand still.l/move slowly. If you sprint left/right perpendicular to a heavy dev, you actually don't get hit that much. It's just that even with weapon with decent handling, it takes a bit of time for your to raise your weapon, stand still/slow down, before you can get accurate shot. That's why headshot weapons like tenderizer/DCS, while solid, can struggle sometimes because the moment you stand still to steady your aim so you can headshot, the dev already lock in on you. The bot, especially heabvy dev and raiders on turrets, lock in very quick. I rather have them fix suppression, especially on small flinches that aren't true stagger. Flinches don't seem to affect dev accuracy most of the time
>>
>>484861405
the entire shitty metagame should get shitcanned and replaced with a map editor.
>>
>>484798314
don't forget
>alerts regardless of how they're triggered do not respect line of sight whatsoever in the total opposite of the original Helldivers approach where all spotters need direct LoS to start their alert animation, which was sometimes 2-3 times slower than the current ones
hate wheel reinventin swiggers
>>
>>484852662
>WAHH WHY ISNT THIS GUN OVERPOWERED ANYMORE?
>YOU ALSO TOOK AWAY MY RAILCRUT- I MEAN RAILGUN FUCK YOU
>>
>attack already

ffs. Is it possible to liberate Matar Bay before Meissa is lost ?
>>
Did they shitcan those cancerous rescue the scientists missions?
>>
>>484798820
>>484798314
You know what's even better? If enemies walk into your mines while you are in their alert range they will know where you are even if they never saw you.
>>
>>484863431
Yes.
>>
File: Teamkill_Sentry_Icon.png (5 KB, 256x256)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
I fucking hate this thing. This is the most dangerous thing in the game.
>>
>>484863431
Yes because 99% of players could not realistically handle getting swarmed by infinite dropships while protecting civies at the same time. I'm scared to imagine how scuffed it would be with Stridors thrown into the mix and the increased devastator spawns.
>>
>>484863783
yes but it's also the best thing against bots
>>
If all 20000 players on the Ymir sector and Meissa could attack Matar Bay, we could probably take it before the attack ends
>>
>>484863783
Stop running into melee you dildo.
>>
>>484863783
I don't use sentries at all
>>
>>484864076
The mission can only realistically be done with the stealth distraction method. The spawn is noticably whack for bot for some reason. That mission is one of the easiest mission in bug side
>>
File: 1719569711909898.gif (41 KB, 351x219)
41 KB
41 KB GIF
>>484858625
>Gatria at 3.0%
AAAAIIIIIEEEEE for what purpose?!
>>
>>484863783
If I'm host, I'm kicking the retard taking this in bug. If I'm not, I'm shooting it on sight
It's okay for bot, great for base defense mission especially. It's not my style of play though so I don't usually bring it to standard mission
>>
>>484861405
I'm only here to win this war campaign and then put this game down and never interact with it again, like the MCU and Endgame.
>>
>>484864734
Joel seems really intent on keeping that sector open
Gacrux is at 2%
>>
Is it me or is Heavy Devastator tracking way more accurate than usual? Seems like being in the sights of even one of those shielded metal faggots is a death sentence.
>>
>>484863783
It's probably marginally better now that it will target whatever you mark in its attack range with the new module upgrade.
>>
>>484794706
I JUST had one more ship module to upgrade and needed one more rare sample to do it when they dropped the new fucking modules.
>>
>>484794796
Riot Shield would be worth it if we could use that function in Army of Two where one Helldiver holds the shield and another can fire a primary from behind them.
>>
>>484863783
I love plapping a bot base with this thing before attacking
>>
>>484865749
The ride never ends bucko
>>
>>484865382

Sometimes it hits and ragdolls you into a wombo combo, other times it tracks through terrain and corners and lasers you down. I've noticed the extractions on lower difficulties like 5 and 6 have been excessive frantic.
>>
>>484838895
Xbox Elite here, being able to tweak stick sensitivity profiles is sweet. I can easily nail multiple dev headshots in a row.
>>
>>484794706
>squadmate throws 380 barrage at bot outpost
>runs in other direction
>doesn't collect samples
>outpost survives, unscathed, and now is bolstered by the enemy reinforcements that had time to arrive.
>>
advanced darkness
>>
File: 1687113756470990.png (721 KB, 1053x1064)
721 KB
721 KB PNG
>>484866386
>had a series 2 elite
>stick drift after 2 months
fuck MS for using cheaper parts, my first one back when halo 5 came out lasted damn near a decade.
>>
>>484795731
Anon.... You do know you can use SMG with the riot shield right???
>>
>>484795731
>You're basically staring through a narrow eye slit trying to headshot Heavy Devastators using nothing but the laser pointer of your pistol
>using first person with the shield
>not using an SMG
bro...
>>
>Kill comissar as effective as I can
>One bitchass motherfucker hide behind a rock then shoot the flare
>>
How long until devastators can call in a bot drop?
>>
>>484865749
You too? Finally got SPM and then they added the modules today. 200 fucking rare samples is insane.
>>
>>484865382
When they first shoot at you it's fine, but once they've "honed" in on your helldiving ass, you're done for. Put a fork in it, you're gonna die if you have to pass that thing with no cover or way to stagger/stun.
>>
Is there any weapon more professional than the diligence counter sniper ?
>>
File: 1716255178706384.webm (3.64 MB, 1920x1080)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB WEBM
>>484861086
open again, 9 bots

steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242132900515/76561198121770582
>>
File: the great escape.webm (3.92 MB, 1000x508)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
Yeah, I dive
>>
>>484868454
so Helldivers can swim after all.
>>
>40% of the players on a single defence
>still failing
>>
>>484868386
Failed to join
>>
>>484868454
Jesus. That's just the videogame scene from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty8OMrGZGS0
>>
>>484868851
The bots really want the anti-tank mine space station gambit
>>
>>484868851
Do you know why this is? There is a reason and it doesn't require any schizoing.
>>
>>484869369
It looks like that attack just opened up, so the first batch of operations are probably still in progress?
>>
>>484869369
To extend the MO over the weekend
>>
>>484869369
B*gdivers.
>>
>>484869369
Takes an hour for first operations to be completed + they got rid of the buff the SEAF camps were giving us on the bugfront.
>>
>>484869502
>>484869707
Dingdingding
Give it an hour and it'll be humming along

>>484869559
>>484869694
Take your meds
>>
>>484869369
7-9 players still need to finish the first ops, then the percentage will stabilize
>>
File: Slowbro-Pokemon-PNG[1].png (180 KB, 600x600)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>484870430
>>
>>484870430
>>484869707
Wait, individual missions that don't complete a 3-mission operation don't count towards liberation or defense?
>>
>>484870784
Correct
>>
>>484870784
not until the operation as a whole is finished
>>
>>484870784
yup all or nothing
>>
>>484870784
No. And they should. It's stupid that you can accomplish two huge ops in a campaign yet the game acts like you've done fuck all but play stratagem hero.
>>
so i havent played since before vipers came out but what the fuck happened to the spawns? im playing of D7 to get reuse to the game and it feels like there even more enemies then when i was playing D9 before.
>>
have they released the commando yet?
>>
>>484871108
Nah, the soulless fags that grind out eradication missions and only those all day 24/7 shouldn't get to decide if planets are liberated or defended.
>>
>>484871956
after this MO.
>verification not requiredm8nx
>>
>>484871956
soon
>>
>>484871846
The devs fiddled with the spawn rates to (1) reduce the amount of heavies encountered that require anti-tank support weapons since they can govern the success of a mission purely by how many anti-tank stratagems your team brought, and (2) they increased the odds of encountering patrols in "dead" areas of the map to make missions feel less empty. They also took the big helmet variety of Charger and implemented it as a rarer but tougher variant of the regular Charger to increase variety and challenge against bugs.

You can guess how badly they fucked up all of these.
>>
>>484872095
I will now update my rule. Eradication and blitzes are the only ones that don't get to count on their own on account of how short they are. There, that should take care of most of the bad faith mission grinding.
>>
>>484872223
wild. its actually crazy. i turned around once and there were 14 (FOURTEEN) bile spewers chasing me. getting drops/breaches instanly as soon as landing and like 8 patrols stacked on top of those spawns. its just insane
>>
I seriously don't get how people complain about the enemy spam when orbital gatling has been farming kills for me since its buff. I can't not go 300+ kills every game just from spamming this shit at everything I see every minute.
>>
>>484872223
As a casual D7 enjoyer, I've actually enjoyed these hectic patrols. The HMG emplacement is perfect for tearing through these armies of devastators and grunts.
>>
>>484872223
the charger shit is retarded and ruins bugs even more, that's a given. the patrols in empty areas would be ok if that was actually what they did + reverting the patrol changes.
instead what happened was, the game wants X number of patrols active at all times and if there aren't enough whenever a player looks away from an area it just fucking spawns one there, then they instantly kill you from a location that was completely empty seconds ago and you go "wow that was bullshit" then alt-f4 until they re-re-repatch patrols to not be gigacancer.
>>
helldivers never cry
>>
>>484873469
looking at this thread they fucking cry endlessly over everything
>>
>>484873040
>make patrols outright pop in ONLY from off map at distances where they have to march in from the traitor zone after crawling out of the dirt or getting dropshipped
>otherwise, patrols have to build up at outposts and crawl out of bug holes, be manufactured by fabricators, or for large enemies burrow up through the center of a nest/get dumped by a dropship
problem solved, it's that simple. give patrols a discrete source, make alerts not so instantaneous, remove their legacy psychic honing ability on spawn or when being shot or stratagem balled without having a bead on you or any way to get one. No more teleporting patrol backstabs. What's so hard about this for swiggers?
>>
Lobby when?
>>
>>484873631
The system already works like that. Patrols can't appear within 65 meters of a player, and patrols appear from the direction of active outposts. if there are no active outposts they appear from the direction of the closet map edge
>>
>>484873040
>if there aren't enough whenever a player looks away from an area it just fucking spawns one there, then they instantly kill you from a location that was completely empty seconds ago
It doesn't even have to be when no player is looking in that area. I've seen patrols pop out of thin air right in front of me approximately 300 meters away. Game's shameless.
>>
>>484872874
They fell for the fucking "you're supposed to just RUN AWAY from enemies" meme instead of spawn camping the reinforcements with gatling/napalm/gas/airburst/airstrike/OPS. They just keep running, and running, and running, and eventually there is nowhere to run and they cry and shitpost.
>>
>>484873794
>from the DIRECTION of active outposts
no, not good enough, force them to gradually physically gather and form up in or around the outposts before then getting moving, their implicitly coming from outposts by pop-in is not acceptable compared to explicitly coming from outposts that already spawn enemies when you aggro them
>>
File: 1717861240942609.jpg (906 KB, 3952x2735)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
>>484873469
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STugQ0X1NoI
>>
File: 1718391517406893.png (306 KB, 894x629)
306 KB
306 KB PNG
Any divers here know any info about the next warbond?
Just about to hit 1000SC and am 50/50 on saving or buying Steeled Veterans [mainly for the revolver].
>>
>>484874370
Steeled Veterans is worth it.
>>
>>484874370
leaks say the next warbond is fire themed
1 shotgun primary
1 pistol secondary
1 unknown, possible a stratagem with the same prefix as the flamethrower: FLAM
2 armours with 75% fire resistance passive
don't remember if there was a grenade
>>
>>484874370
Steeled Veterans also unlocks the Dominator and Breaker Incendiary, and if you don't have Polar Patriots it also gives you Incendiary Grenade. Both primaries are very powerful, and the grenade is handy against bugs.
>>
File: 1329684125444.gif (546 KB, 256x192)
546 KB
546 KB GIF
Eradication is sole reason I won't play defense ops. They are not ok in the state they are in. You just get flooded with heavies until your strats can't deal with them, the you just die constantly until your grenades and small arms have taken out enough of the chaff to win the mission.
>>
>>484874726
Wasn't it a flamer pistol for the FLAM weapon?
>>
File: 1716914593043538.jpg (158 KB, 1284x831)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>484874493
>>484874726
>>484874791
Thanks anons, will probably waiting until Thursday to see if the fire res. armours are worth it since I do enjoy a good BugBQ.
>>
>>484873857
that is almost certainly due to the visibility change not being fully implemented across all systems, an AH specialty. before, 300m would be invisible on any planet. i also don't care about patrols spawning 300m away, i care about the ones that spawn 20m away in a safe, clear location in complete silence and instantly tear you a new asshole.
>>
>>484875224
>will probably waiting until Thursday
he doesn't know...
there wasn't a warbond trailer yesterday so there's not going to be a warbond release this coming thursday
>>
>>484875423
>i care about the ones that spawn 20m away in a safe, clear location in complete silence and instantly tear you a new asshole.
I saw this happen earlier, it was D9 and fucking eight rocket devs and a troupe of regular bots just...popped up behind me right when I turned around, and hit me with a rocket salvo a second later.
>>
>>484868851
>>484869559
>>484869694
Check it now
>>
>>484875497
We'll see.
>>
>>484875825
1) they always release a trailer/press pack a week before the warbond is due to release.
2) they literally said they are increasing the time between warbond releases
>>
>>484874726
>2 armours with 75% fire resistance passive
finally now I wont die to dogshit bugdivers spamming the incel breaker
>>
>>484875423
>>484875564
ok so I'm not going insane, this shit's happening to me too. I was behind a ridge fighting off a squad of heavy and rocket devs. there was a rock 20m away from me on my flank and every time I turned away from the rock a patrol jumped out from behind it and shot at me. it did this like 4 times it was like a fucking clown car. after that a gunship patrol shat on me while I was getting shot at by another magic patrol and the rocket devs and I just altf4'd out of the game
>>
>>484875987
even the normalfags are on to them, had some mid game saying the expensive ass modules are to keep us busy so they can scrape together some actual content
>>
>hit 4 beacons and 3 shipping containers
>not a single SC drop
fucking swiggers gutted the drop rate didnt they
>>
>>484878435
dunno I got 3 credit drops from 6 POI's when I was fucking around in 1 testing shit
>>
>>484878435
Possibly try a different planet if the seeds are bad.
>>
File: 4574395713.png (1.14 MB, 750x1000)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>be me
>chinaman
>carrying 60+ samples on a snowy planet against bots while we're about to extract
>get ragdolled into a water hole without the chance of getting out
>team starts wondering what happened
>I'm just there trying to climb a mountain during a snowstorm, somehow, so we don't lose the samples
>"hey P2, how you doing?
>"I've been chilling"
>>
>helldivers 2 really good
>GIRLDIVERS coming out this year
BEST TIMELINE
>>
After using the physique armor I cant go back, guys.

Everything feels so slooooow to aim.
>>
>>484794323
SOMEONE POST A FUCKING LOBBY RIGHT FUCKING NOW I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF IT'S BOTS OR BUGD I JUST WANT TO SHOOT SOME NIGGAS
>>
>>484879245
>le meta is... le good
Ok metadog, didn't ask.
>>
>>484879078
>GIRLDIVERS
What is this even supposed to be? Some coomer knockoff of Helldivers?
>Sprites are hideous
>Key art is AI
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>484879245
My autism does not allow me to use armour with exposed skin in an arctic environment like the Hoth biome.
>>
>>484879336
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242160483042/76561198219510551
Super Earth's last beacon of hope.
D9 whatever
>>
>>484879776
Lobby is private
>>
>>484879776
Lobby is private retard
>>
>>484879539
I don't draw well but even I draw better than whoever they hired for Girldivers. Art is horrid.
>>
>>484879923
>>484879995
holy shit give me a minute to fix my settings anons...
>>
File: Admiral Kuznetsov.jpg (118 KB, 1400x989)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
Do any of you guys use smoke grenades vs bots? What are your normal use cases?
>>
>>484879995
>sentries
kring
>>
>>484879539
>>484880004
IT'S A CUTE GAME
>>
>>484878978
>>
>>484880203
I tried it once it did nothing
>>
ok I dunno if anyone I just played with is here in this particular thread but this is what I was schizo ranting about.
Not the particular pieces of bile titan bile that project themselves into my helldiver. That shit is bullshit and I shan't be convinced that there aren't dicerolls going on under the hood and the projectiles are just visuals instead of actual projectile mechanics in a simulation.
But please, if you think otherwise call me a shitter and convince me that I'm wrong.
>>
The GM must be the stupidest retard they could get their hands on
>>
File: no mercy kill.webm (3.92 MB, 1000x562)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
Remember, there is no such thing as an innocent bot. The only good bot is a dead bot.
>>
File: LCvsDevSHield.webm (3.55 MB, 1440x810)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB WEBM
>>484881661
>I shan't be convinced that there aren't dicerolls going on under the hood and the projectiles are just visuals instead of actual projectile mechanics in a simulation.
you can dodge every single rocket in a rocket devastator volley and completely juke gunship rocket barrages. You can also use cover to stop heavy devastators from hitting you, webm related. If there were just dice rolls why didn't any of the shots 'hit'?
>>
File: execution.webm (3.91 MB, 1000x562)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
They may seem helpless, but don't like that fool you.
>>
>>484881994
I feel bad, and rightfully so. Thank you based Stalhelm tester anon for putting me in my place and revealing me for the shitter I am.
>>
>>484853853
40 minutes? if you can assemble a good team, you can run only blitz missions and get the 20+ rares in 12 minutes, its what i did yesterday and i already have 2 tier 5 upgrades, 70 more til my next one
>>
>big ass rocket robots have 12 missiles in their pods
>unlimited rocket spam
Where is the muh realism shit when it would help the player?
>>
>>
File: goofy aa bots.webm (3.92 MB, 1000x562)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>484882691
bots dont play by the rules
>>
>>484882838
>fucked up the sound
>>
>>
>>484882973
dropping the front armour of annhilator tanks from 6 to 5 was the biggest mistake arrowhead has made
>>
>>484883487
Is it just the turret or the whole front section? What can pen besides Rockets?
>>
File: bot beatdown.webm (3.98 MB, 1000x514)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB WEBM
>>484883487
I haven't noticed a difference.
>>
>>484883780
If it's 5 then Emancipator cannons can now pen, though it will still do fuck all with how low durable damage it does.
>>484883961
Biggest difference is now the Spear can OHKO tanks from the front, with the RR and EAT doing way more damage without needing a rear shot.
>>
>>484879351
>using things that are good for you is meta
Ok retard
>>
>>484884140
Honestly the armor nerf is mostly irrelevant since everyone knew to shoot it in the turret cheek and not the hull.
>>
>>484883780
All of it, hull included. It means there is now no different between side shots or front aspect shots with heavy AT and if the turret has taken the tiniest amount of damage you can finish it off from the front. Tanks were already not a significant threat but reducing the armour just made them even more of a non-issue

>>484883961
It means after you knock the front of the turret with an AT shot you only need to do 100 extra damage to kill it, as opposed to another 425.

>>484884140
>Biggest difference is now the Spear can OHKO tanks from the front,
They always could. SPEAR has 8 pen between 0 and 25 degrees and 7 between 26 and 60, and does 1000 damage compared to the turrets 750 HP. If the SPEAR was hitting the hull or hitting at an angle greater than 61 degrees it wouldn't but a solid turret shot should have always killed.
>>
>>484884602
>The turret always had one lower armor than the hull
It absolutely did not. safe railgun shots, which only have 5 pen, to the front of the turret would always bounce.
>>
From the creators of infinite loading screen
>Infinite mission finish screen
>>
File: turretfront.png (29 KB, 1585x187)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>484884602
>>484884673
and here, this is the cannon turret entry from helldiver.io dated 18th of may. 6 front armour.
>>
>Wezen reduced to 1.5% decay rate
>Vandalon's 0.75% decay rate increased to 1%
I still hate that decay rates and planet HP aren't tied to factors like the number of supply lines connected to it, or the amount of time that's passed since the planet has changed hands. The whole SEAF training sites thing doesn't even matter at all outside of flavor text.

I understand that the more important thing is variety of biomes available to the player base for each faction, but I still wish there were a way to make the war effort feel more organic instead of just depending entirely on the whims of Joel.
>>
>>484874816
D9 bot eradications are the absolute peak of insanity in this game for good reason, it really shows you how absolutely fucking insane things get. 500kg, 380, gatling, and orbital laser and just start throwing them as soon as theyre off cooldown

to make it extra spicy, run out of bounds and try to get as many kills as possible with the traitor barrage. its designed to be as hectic as possible and it is FUN.
>>
>disable antialiasing
>realize I've been wearing muddy glasses all this time
>>
>>484875564
earlier today, D9 bots was running solo objs while the team was doing their own thing. rough start with reinforcement loop in the beginning due to gunships. but at one point, i was running to the closest diver, full well knowing there wasnt a single enemy anywhere in the vicinity. i checked twice. im running up a hill to P4 and instantly get gibbed by a SINGLE rocket. and when youre by yourself and you die, the enemies despawn. so i was literally shot by an invisible dev when i panned around to see where the fucking rocket came from. somethings up with the aiming for the bots, even the mg raiders are aimbotting my head the split second i emerge from cover. forget about devs
>>
>>484885280
this game genuinely has the worst AA and upscaling solution possible and they think it's completely fine and refuse to add something better
>>
anyone use the new ship module that removes the weapon call in time with EAT yet? how good does it feel
>>
>>484874726
Insider here:

>1 shotgun primary
It will be the Punisher Incendiary, since we already have the projectile animations from the Incel Breaker.

>1 pistol secondary
Flare Gun, so you can call in a Helldiver drop.

>1 unknown, possible a stratagem with the same prefix as the flamethrower: FLAM
FLAMe Retardant drop, so you can put out unwanted fires.

>2 armours with 75% fire resistance passive
They will also have a -50% Movement speed nerf, that was my idea, YOUR WELCOME!

>don't remember if there was a grenade
Flame Retardant grenade, again since we can just reuse the animation.
>>
File: image.png (23 KB, 471x564)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>484874726
>>484886781
>>
>>484886574
It arrives in 4s so you no longer need to lead with it if you stun grenade something or bait a bile titan into puking before throwing.
>>
>>484887054
think il just do the 5% reduction on everything next
>>
>>484886974
I'm most curious about the FLAM-66 and the P-72, I don't really care about the rest. How could the incel punisher possibly compete with the incel cuckbreaker?
>>
>>484887259
basically the only thing worth caring about is new content that is actually new, not a sidegrade reskin of existing shit. i do not have high hopes for this warbond, it's too easy to reskin something and put incendiary rounds on it.
>>
>>484887259
Forgot to mention: the Incel Cuckbreaker will be getting a nice big nerf, since the swiggers have noticed that people are leaning on that crutch too much.
>>
File: file.png (1.65 MB, 896x1025)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
>>484887490
>t. Alexsus
>>
>STILL no squids
holy fucking shit dude
>>
File: sadcena.jpg (16 KB, 500x500)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>play against bots
>10 octillion spawn upon dropping and they all shoot everyone dead
>spend 99% of the mission ragdolling
>maybe I should go against bugs today
>5320593 infinitillion bile titans per second
>infinite loading screen
Maybe I should just call it for the night
>>
>>484887901
>He thought a game called "Helldivers" was supposed to be easy
>He thought a game called "Helldivers" was supposed to be fun
>>
Games should be enjoyable
>>
File: file.png (1.35 MB, 1500x800)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>I'm calling in a cluster strike danger close.
>>
Is there ANY reason to use the 120 or 380?
>>
>>484888673
380 is funny
>>
>>484888409
helldivers 2 is very enjoyable
>>
I'll probably ask again later just to gather more guesses (and also it's 2am and I am not staying up much longer) but once the illuminate do drop, what sort of Side objectives (stuff like Stalker nests for bugs and mortars for bots) do you believe they'll have?
Hard mode: Skip the inevitable Flying enemy spawner building
>>
>Half the enemies don't make any sound at all
Fun fact: if you disable the music you start to realize you just bought an early access
>>
>>484888986
Stratagem scrambling but as a tower that affects everything in a radius. It should be a larger radius than the blocker since you can still use them.
>>
>>484888673
380mm is solid, very good for bot base, especially a tougher to push base especiall if you got just a few building left and a dropship wave is starting
>>
>>484888673
380 absolutely fucks bot drops and is guaranteed to have at least one projectile hit a strider
>>
>>484884268
>using objectively good things shilled by jewtubers is meta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7dzeNLGRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gVMuA8IXs&t=1724s
>>
File: funny 380.webm (3.91 MB, 1280x680)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
>>484888673
Throwing it on the helipad during extract
>>
peak physique won't matter till they pair the weapon handling portion with the stratagem throwing modifier, or give us bayonets and situate the breakpoint just right so PP gives you one shots against lots of enemies

or until they add another rocket propelled gun that is massively overpowered and handles like a bowl of gravy
>>
>>484889562
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gVMuA8IXs&t=1724s
"Somehow bringing back getting one shot by rockets"
Stupid nigger you're wearing light armor what the fuck did you expect
>>
Is the LC just supposed to be ass against scout striders? I swear it doesn't matter whether you target the leg joints or the crotch, it takes way too long to take the things down and the driver almost always survives
>>
>20 hour defense at Vega Bay after luring to at Meissa
Now Joel's just playing dirty after we put egg on his face by successfully setting up a defensive perimeter around X-45.
>>
>>484890301
it goes through legs twice as fast, it's just super difficult to keep on at some angles.
>>
File: wrong_as_a_joke.jpg (55 KB, 625x262)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>484888673
No. They're shitty fucking memes. No the 380 is not good for clearing bot bases. I'm tired of that fucking lie. For every one time it clears a bot base there are a dozen times where it just slows the helldivers down and buys time for enemy reinforcements to defend the base. If you want a big gun barrage you use WALKING barrage.
>>
>>484890074
NTA, but you get oneshot in heavy armor too, still.
Mainly because if a rocket hits above you, it will ragdoll you snap into the ground instantly, and that will deal enough damage to finish you off.
>>
File: file.png (19 KB, 847x112)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
I don't want to read his rant
is SPM still not fixed?
>>
>>484889562
I don't watch videos of other people playing games. Thus I wouldn't know your gay metas, little boy. Quit crying about people using things you don't like
>>
>>484888673
Walking barrage is the only useable barrage and its still shit with a way too long CD for what it does

>>484891836
The guy that calls down the resupply has to have SPM unlocked on his destroyer for it to work, so if level 5 Johnny keeps calling down the resupply you might as well not have SPM
>>
>>484891901
>gravitates towards objectively best option
>"erm, sweaty it's not le meta"
I don't mind metadogs being metadogs, I just want them to know what they are: dogs.
>>
>>484891638
Because people use it wrong.
You should take as much building you can take for "free" then drop the the 380mm to clean up the left over after the enemy call in reinforcement and the 380mm will catch a couple of those enemies who drop it as well.
People are throwing it at fresh base, which you shouldn't do. It's good for solo taking base
The only exception is detector or bunker because you don't want to bother with a hellbomb
>>
>>484891836
It's Working As Intended™ because despite it being a shared cooldown if the person that calls the supplies doesn't have it then nobody gets the upgrade. If the person who does call it has SPM then everyone benefits. And it's only this way because they broke it previously being based off just if you had the upgrade or not when taking ammo, and presumably couldn't figure out how to fix it back to that state so they copped out this way instead.
>>
>>484892030
Instead of gambiting at a damaged base with a 380, just aim a fucking walking barrage in the direction of the fabricators. Or call in orbital laser. 380 always gets in the way more than it helps.
>>
>>484888673

120 is good for bug breaches although orbital gatling is probably better for that now.
>>
>>484888673
>bot drop happens
>throw it at the mark
>you now cleared the botdrop
>>
File: 1720219669641428.png (241 KB, 900x806)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>nearly six months after release, there are people still crying about devastators and patrol spawns.

How are people this bad at videogames? This isn't a kaizou game or an arcade scmup for Christ's sake.
>>
>Actually advocating for the big barrages
jesus fuck no wonder you retards are getting overrun. You're as much as a hazard to your teammates as the enemy.
>>
>>484892625

You're acting like barrages are completely unusable; they may not be the optimum strat but they work well enough.
>>
>>484892625
>getting overrun
>throw barrage
>kill everything
>>
File: joke.png (177 KB, 600x390)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>484892621
Because they're following shit fucking advice.
>BOT DROP!?!?!?!
>RUN AWAY RUN AWAY WE NEED TO RUN AWAY
>OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK BROKEN ARROWWWWW!!!!!
>380 barrage
>120 barrage
>JESUS TAKE THE WHEEEEEELL!!!!!!!!
>Fuck most of the enemies are still alive fuck you sweden fuck you Alexus!!!!!!
>>
File: file.png (54 KB, 949x397)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>484891836
Basically; swedish meatball code made it so SPM is tied with shit it probably shouldn't be tied with.
>>
>>484879776
I'm really glad I caught that
>>
File: Spoiler Image (18 KB, 301x406)
18 KB
18 KB GIF
>>484852853
Lol get rekt.
>>
I don't get it. Peak physique still doesn't work. Is it a joke?
>>
Meanwhile the small strike gigachads all just toss one, maybe two airstrikes or airbursts to spawn camp each dropship. There's 4-5 drops in a wave at D9. The whole drop is cleaned up in seconds and everyone moves on with their lives, and the strats will be off cooldown by the time that the next reinforcement wave can spawn. The only kicker is that you actually need to attempt to aim instead of just chucking your hail mary meme barrage in the vague direction of the enemy and screaming over the mic about the danger zone, and the meme barrage most certainly won't be off cooldown by the next time that a bot drop can be summoned.
>>
I dropped out 2 months ago. Going back in. Any new cool stuff I should know about? Are most guns still shit compared to Scorcher?
>>
I want the Illuminate to associate my name with an empty quiver
>>
>>484893327
>and screaming over the mic about the danger zone
That would be an improvement in most cases.
>>
>>484893359
lol
>>
>>484893075
who needs a jump pack amrite
>>
>>484893071
by "affects a lot of things and gameplay" it means it effects weapon balance because with SPM support weapons can't be balanced by limiting how much ammo they get back from resupply, and effects gameplay because it means there is no longer the choice of needing to weigh taking an extra supply to top up your support weapon or leaving it for a teammate, and the small ammo tins aren't as valuable anymore.
>>
>>484893359
IMO plasma punisher is better than scorcher if you can get used to its slower projectile arc. Incendiary breaker got buffed to Gaming Journalist tier levels of overpowered against bugs.
>>
>>484893359
The Big Balance Patch™ buffed a lot of shit
Sentries are now cool and viable
Fire and gas work and are good
HMG is really good
Snipers are decent
Most weapons are now at least usable except some Lib variants
>>
>>484893359
you can now tell your mortars to go kill a dude and it listens but only if your crew researched bluetooth
>>
>>484893403
>"affects a lot of things and gameplay"
I get where you're coming from but I'm too jaded from all their previous "teehee we fixed X, oops it's still broken" to believe SPM doesn't have some kind of monkey's paw code attached to it.
>>
>>484893359
Same here. I just played two games and apparently none of the new stuff works. Fuck swedes, I'm out
>>
I wish that the explosive crossbow could stagger heavy devs with the same intensity that the plasma punisher can.
>>
>>484894625
I wish the crossbow didn't reveal to everything and everyone where you are firing it from.
>>
>>484894697
It has to do with the jank fucking code where if you shoot "near" enemies it will immediately let them know where you fucking are. So if you whiff a shot or if there are multiple enemies adjacent to each other, then you're going to expose yourself. If you can manage to pick isolated targets and insure that your xbow bolt kills them instantly in one hit, then the rest of the mooks will be dumb to your location and investigate the explosion. Which can sometimes draw a big group together close enough to get splattered by the grenade pistol or something.
>>
>>484893186
Get this:
Hitscan Heavy Devastators
>>
>>484851631
if you're going to loot goblin you need to be the guy on the team that dies the least and dives into the shuttle first, simple as
>>
>>484852381
>instead of this he just set up simultaneous attacks on both sides
well at least it's fair, if blatant.
>>
>>484863783
Is this usable on defense vs bugs? It seems like it should be fine.
>>
>>484892059
it used to work like this when it was working before they broke it, i had a retard that insisted on calling every resupply drop on cooldown in one game and he didn't have SPM, so i didn't have SPM.
>>
>Equip the incendiary breaker
>Shoot a trooper with it
>It dies

ZOO WEE MAMA! THIS GUN IS INCREDIBLE!
>>
>>484895546
that's how it always worked
it's bad for bots because of limited range, not damage
>>
We need an LMG primary and secondary so I can MGmaxx
>>
File: file.jpg (539 KB, 1920x1080)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>484893359
>Any new cool stuff I should know about?
They added the Bayou biome
>>
File: headless_diver.jpg (528 KB, 2187x948)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
>>
>>484895613
it's bad for bots because fire DoT only does damage to main HP and bot units go from 125 main HP on raiders to 800 main HP on devastators with nothing inbetween, and hulks, tanks, gunships, scout strider walkers and factory striders are all immune to fire by nature of having at least 4 armour on their "main" body.
>>
>>484893967
IT WASN'T A BALANCE PATCH YOU FUCKING NIGGER! THAT WAS NEVER SAID!
>>
>>484896057
skill issue
>>
>>484895691
sickle and stalwart
>>
>>484895197
>Drop my samples at the extract pad
>someone picks them up
>give them a taste of the rifle butt
>they do it again next mission
>rifle butt again
>get kicked after mission
I guess that was the level 150 host? Is it the new strategy to not leave your shit easily accessible on the pad, or should I stop playing with tryhard math-jock chinamen?
>>
Bros, i'm addicted to the Bushwhacker
>>
>>484896301
some people are fucking retarded and take samples away from extract for god knows what reason. i've seen the behavior less lately but i'm sure it still exists plenty. it's why half the time i'll just wind up with thirty or more samples on me while i'm running around the map, i trust myself holding samples way more than anyone else.
>>
>>484895889
It's the ghost of dawson's christian!
>>
>>484896316
How many time a day are you whacking your bush? HOW MANY STIMS HAVE YOU USED TODAY?!
>>
>>484895889
Let's see the Helldivers try to take me like this!
>>
File: 1624446175275.jpg (11 KB, 448x336)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>484896464
>Experimental Infusion
>Medic armor
>Supply backpack
When AH will allow us to stim at full health, i'll be a living god
>>
File: HowAboutFuckYou.png (3 KB, 122x80)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>484896349
>>
File: file.png (142 KB, 1174x124)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>
>>484896349
Does this ever work? You're worse than Rajeesh shitting in a street.
>>
>>484895889
>when you injure yourself to avoid conscription
>>
>>484892384
The walking orbital zigzag. It is even less reliable than 380
>>
>>484896592
Should be able to double fist stims too.
>>
File: i miss my boys.png (47 KB, 438x268)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>484820820
>>484821186
yeah wtf how you even get double rocket pods like that? its been a long while since i lost my double mech and i want it back
>>
>>484893967
>Most weapons are now at least usable except some Lib variants
What about base Lib? Is it still just a worse SMG?
>>
>>484896789
base lib can twotap devs in the head
>>
>>484896349
You're that guy I used to shit on in league lol
>>
>>484896701
The zig-zag is WAY more consistent than the 380 and you can reliably knock out at least two fabs in a heavy base by lining up the strike.
>>
>robots with chainsaws for arms don't make any sound at all
>airship carrying a walking factory is dead silent
>>
>>484897043
lib does 60 damage
devastator head has 125 HP
>>
>>484897792
So walk forward to shoot harder, duh...
>>
>>484897713
>Tank rolling around is also dead silent
>>
>single handely saves vega bay
you anons are welcome
>>
>>484897994
The diligence at 125 damage and 850m/s velocity can't one shot when walking forward, so at 900m/s the extra velocity from walking forward is not enough to add enough damage to get the two shot with the liberator. It only works for very low velocity rounds and exact breakpoint matches.
>>
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242188800106/76561198101099617

Bots 9 Vega bay we're picking up every sample.
>>
>>484898190
>He believes the re-moralization propaganda
>he is a clone that has an average lifepan of 12 minuted after defrost, so he'll never know the truth anyways
>>
I like running stalwart vs bugs. What primary should I take to cover it's weaknesses? I tried the eruptor, but I'm not really feeling it.
>>
>>484898372
>steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242188800106/76561198101099617
Where do I find this link to post? I want to so a sample-scumming d9 for my fellow bugdiving chuds (because it's more efficient).
>>
>>484898581
Just post the link in your browser and it'll open you up into the lobby. 3/4 rn
>>
>>484898457
Incel Breaker, so you can fight your way back to your Stalwart after I call a 380mm on your position and respawn you halfway across the map.
>>
>>484898581
You go into your own profile on steam, right click on the Join Game button and copy link.
>>
>>484898457
The problem with the stalwart against bugs is that bugs are actually the heavy armor faction, so you need to have the means to shut down chargers, bile titans, and to a lesser extent bile spewers. AH has done everything in their power to nerf the fuck out of most every primary weapon that can deal with armored opponents, which shoehorns people into using anti-armor support weapons. Which is why running an anti-horde support weapon tends to fall on its face against bugs. I think people have luck with the jar dominator and plasma punisher against bile spewers, but neither will work well against chargers/titans. You'll need to dedicate pretty much all of your other stratagem slots for armor smashing.
>>
>>484898619
I did that earlier today, had a good time. But I want to post a link for my lobby. I don't even know how to accept friend requests I'm such an autist.
>>
>da big enmeies make no sound!!

Do you fags ever rotate the camera and check your surroundings?
>>
>>484898796
Oops, misread. Anyway another anon already told you, just be in the menu or lobby of the game you want to play, go to your steam profile, and right click the join game button to copy the link.
>>
>>484898895
Yeah I rotate the camera to look at your mom's asscheeks
>>
You know you're playing an indie game when you see the completly silent annihilator tanks slide up and down a hill, and get killed by standing on top of their treads because they're just a magic death zone with a near instant-death aura
>>
>>484899087
I swear I've seen annihilator tanks clip into the wreckage of other annihilator tanks and die to their own pain fields.
>>
>>484874126
I'm glad I decided to stand and fight breaches/drops now after the orbitals got buffed. It's so fucking fun to just decimated everything until they start throwing bile titans and shit to break it up.
>>
>>484898770
You are wrong
You can run horde clear medium just fine if at least one guy is running AT in the team and you should run 500 kg + another AT stratagem to help with the heavy.
The problem is that stalwart is kinda trash at clear horde as well for a support weapon.
>>
>>484899340
Well, yeah. You can run whatever you want if someone is carrying your ass against your build's Achilles heel.
>>
>>484899430
Sure, tell yourself that.
>>
>>484898897
Thank you!
>>
>>484864226
Is that what the youtube leech told you?
>>
>>484865393
it'd be better if you could tell it to hold fire and basically wait for target call outs
>>
>>484899526
A 500kg and another AT strat is not enough to deal with heavies at 7+ diff on it's own if you bring a hoard sup.
You are indeed getting carried unless the game gives you hunter/stalker/spitter seeds instead of the more common Charger/Titan ones.
Though i'll say hunter seeds have been far more common these days, with spitters and titans being kinda less frequent.
>>
File: file.jpg (417 KB, 3440x1440)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>484901731
i doubt the weights for seeds are significantly different, every RNG is just as prone to streak as actually behave in a pattern we consider random. like i keep getting EVA missions with FUCKING tank seeds so the game becomes this shit after like two minutes
>>
>>484874126
>>484899140
Doesn't the game have despawn mechanics fro enemies too far away (except for patrols)? Or was it a mandella effect?

Also, orbital gatling is fucking broken if you call it straight onto a brech and it hits centre as a charger or titan show up, as they will take some massive damage with their slow crawling animation.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (15 KB, 347x126)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Yes, yes, well done, Helldivers. Well done, Helldivers.
HOWEVER
>>
>>484902175
wait
>5% bot gain on a defense planet
did that fucker up the rate of conquest because we were doing too well?

joel you dumb cunt
>>
>>484902175
Is there a github or something outlining the API for getting this information from the game servers? I'm a little surprised stuff like the resistance rates isn't hidden from the client cause I can't think of a reason the client needs to know that. But hey, Swedish craftsmanship.
>>
>>484902661
Nevermind it's really easy to find.
>>
I wish we had the automated war system from the first game
>>
>>484896448
I love those dumb little short story songs.
>>
>>484902917
I think that's going to happen once we get over Joel's dumb "dm" story he's come up with after the first war, assuming the nigger doesn't just decide to write a second "story"
>>
I wish they kept the galatic war system from the first game. The meddling from AH is too obvious for my liking.
>>
File: file.png (312 KB, 386x455)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
veteran divers, please redpill me on this pointy looking fucker.
>>
>>484903139
Imo, they could easily keep an open narrative across the galaxy, while still having more "scripted" main story that they direct the general flow with.
And if they indeed have someone who is paying attention to the global events, they should have no problem tying up their narraitve to some of the shit people manage to win/lose on the galactic map.
>>
>>484903505
You really don't want to meet them anon
>>
>>484903505
armoured heavier than a charger, but it exposes its fleshy head innards when its opens up to shoot tentacles into the ground that emerge and swing at helldivers nearby
>>
>>484903670
>>484903707
Armor 9 scavs?
>>
>>484903746
probably armour 6, at least on the head
>>
File: file.jpg (16 KB, 533x400)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>484903707
>>
I just blew up a research station with an auto cannon. Was that a bug or have they reduced the armour of the portacabin thing?
>>
>>484904164
some lab layouts include an AC unit or generator of some kind on the roof. destroying that creates an explosion with high enough destruction value that it also blows up the lab
>>
File: 1691658888939536.jpg (144 KB, 567x561)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>accuracy 4%
>kills: 900+
How does he do it
>>
File: SCLurker-3287937508.jpg (53 KB, 535x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>484903505
>>
>>484905465
>cluster bomb
>mortar
>rover
>orbital gas/gatling
Armor? Not my problem.
>>
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242188800106/76561198101099617

2/4
>>
I have been having real difficulty finding Mt. Buttplug recently. I don't think it's related to any changes or anything but I haven't seen any supers anywhere for like the past 7 games.
>>
>>484905736
I keep finding the fake one
>>
>>484905736
A good tactic to find them is to open your map and try to find a POI where there isn't a structure.
>>
Watching Gabe's interviews and he's saying that the userbase is the only "company" capable of kicking their asses at making content.
This was true in 2013, and it's still true right now.
So it makes me wonder why corpos refuse to let users mod their games.
This game would be still somewhat alive by now if there wasn't a stupid anti-cheat that does absolutely nothing, beside removing the ability of the community to add in content.
>>
>>484905725
3/4
>>
>>484893403
They could just replace SPM with something else lol. It's early access so who cares.
>>
>>484906201
I keep saying it, metagame should be scrapped and replaced by a mission editor so players can shape the gameplay loop. AH is obviously not up to the task.
>>
>It's another crash near the end of a mission again with full samples day again
I hate this.
Why simple airstrikes cause crashes I will never know.
>>
>>484888673
I like them for those "destroy 3/4 fortified bot bunkers" missions.
>>
>>484906201
player content is already justified since every Destroyer has an engineering bay and robotics workshop for weapon and vehicle manufacturing
>>
>>484899430
Bullshit
One dude with a flamethrower nullifies every single charger thrown at you, bile titans don't spawn in numbers that 4x1 500Kgs can't deal with (Unless it's a tree planet and they all hit trees).
Don't get me wrong, some secondary AT is nice too as one guy is not something to rely on, but still.
>>
>>484866712
Yeah there's been a couple of pitch black planets I literally can't see shit on.
>>
>>484858868
Any other esoteric knowledge to boost fps? Last patch ruined the game for me, it's aids to headshot bots with only 30 fps. Already using -dx11
>>
>>484907702
nta but do you actually play in squads where every player is on each other's asses at all times? my squads still regularly split up and solve the map in all four directions, each of us needs an anti-everything build in order to do this with any semblance of ease. interdependence is bad.
>>
>>484908286
You aren't a true gamer if you aren't constantly eye sniping hulks at 300+metres sideways with n64 graphics, sub 30 fps on a smart fridge, and I'm not joking
>>
File: rico.png (607 KB, 640x512)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
Solo botdive kit recommendations? Currently I take
>heavy viper armor
>JAR
>stuns
>AC
>airstrike
>OPS
>orbital laser emergency "unfuck myself" button
>stam boost
It feels OK but I'm not so sure about the OL because most of the time it isn't doing any work. Also usnure about sidearm. Grenade pistol for busting trash clusters?
>>
>>484906201
This, I would love to design more bot bases and stuff.
>>
>>484909497
consider swapping laser for railcannon in order to quickly get rid of inconveniently placed fabs, factory strider turrets, surprise hulks, and tanks. eagle airstrike is another option that's superior to laser in my opinion.
>>
>>484909497
redeemer or senator. there is very little utility in the grenade pistol when using AC.
>>
>>484909372
Yes. At most we split into two so two FT ez. Then again I only play bot nowadays so I legit don't care about bugs front because it's so trivial.
>>
>>484909701
Forgot to say I'm using the redeemer presently but I don't unholster it much in a typical dive. It's occasionally handy for getting jetpack assholes away from me without being set on fire.
>>
>>484910021
in that case you should try the senator as it delivers way more bang per buck. idk how good the bushwhacker is against bots, never tried it so far, but theoretically should be a good option for your playstyle as well.
>>
playing bot with bugdivers is by far the most brutal self-harm method I've ever tried
>>
File: jinroh4.gif (871 KB, 500x270)
871 KB
871 KB GIF
steam://joinlobby/553850/109775242219920306/76561198126520852
bots 9
>>
>>484898457
If you want a bug hole killer, Exploding Crossbow. If you want a reliable rapid fire armor pen weapon, Adjudicator.

>>484902358
It has slightly less HP than Vega Bay but yes, the defense lasts only 20 hours.

>>484909497
Consider bringing a backpack-less support weapon and bringing Supply Backpack.
>>
>>484911653
2/4
>>
>>484911653
join the lobby
this is a threat
>>
>>484911653
4/4
>>
Would this have gone faster if we'd attacked matar bay instead of defending meissa
>>
>>484913187
No because joelnigger upped the decay on Matar Bay as soon as we liberated Meissa
>>
So about the force that was amassing on Aesir pass.
>>
>16 hour defense on Aesir Pass
God fucking damn it, why the fuck is Joel punishing us for being smart.
>>
>6.25/h bot progress on aesir
Scripted loss.
>>
>>484914040
>>484913887
What you gonna do about it, huh?
>>
File: Screenshot (456).png (3.25 MB, 1920x1080)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
Someone actually gets paid full-time for this quality of "DM"ing
>>
>>484914290
Wait they took our boost right as we're attacked????
>>
>>484914445
The boost never meant anything since the buttons and dials behind the scenes get fiddled with just to make things look dramatic for the layman.
>>
File: 1576382359622.png (600 KB, 1198x668)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
>>484913593
About as useful as the Menkent line
>>
>>484914290
So much for that SEAF 'relief force'
>>
Oh shit the SEAF is actually defending, too bad none of this is represented in game
>>
>40% of the player base is still on bug planets
After a certain point you would think the devs would realize that it's symptomatic of something wrong with the way they've balanced the game.
>>
>>484913887
>>484914040
>1/3 of players as in meissa
>somehow 3x the total liberation rate
>9x the liberation rate per player
This whole thing is a fucking circus.
>>
>>484914290
kek
>>
>>484914290
I would just ignore aesir. Ymir means nothing after the lab, it's not even a vector to attack cyberstan.
>>
>>484901731
If I can kill by average a 4th (realistically I can kill up to a third) or more heavy that spawn , then I'm not getting carried. Meanwhile, I kill a shit load of horde very quickly. Many horde support are okay as charger/behemoth because they have enough durability damage to destroy the butt fairly well.
This general is full of shitter claiming that you can't take non-AT support into bugs in diff 7+ or you'll get instantly swarm by 5 behemoth and 3, titans or w/e. I've never seen that shit for tons of diff 9 missions I play and after patch, bug heavy are even easier with less titan while charger/behemoth are more vulnerable. Nowaday in diff 9 bugs, half of the team don't even run AT anymore and mission gets cleared easily anyway.
>>
>>484915261
What exactly do you want the devs to do about 40% of the playerbase being easy mode shitters that piss themselves if the enemy starts shooting back?
>>
>>484915473
Ever since they killed heavy spawns 7-9 has become trivial enough to not need it. Before they nerfed the heavy spawns for a THIRD time they'd have had a point.
>>
>>484915628
Yet, there are people in this general who also claimed that the heavy spawn nerf isn't real and they insisted that there are more heavy than ever.
I wonder if I am somehow playing some bizzarro version of the game
>>
>>484915937
They probably tried 9 twice and got low heavy spawn seeds, and they finally got a heavy seed on d9 now and they're crying over two bile titans instead of what used to be 4-7 lmao.
>>
>>484915534
There's ways to balance the bots without making them piss easy.

1. Actually implement the "if you shoot at them they become super inaccurate" mechanic that they boast about in the game tips. Currently shooting at bots does literally nothing since even if you land a bunch of hits on a Rocket Devastator at least one of its retaliatory rockets is going to be laser-precision aimed at the spot you're standing at so you'll be forced to dodge for cover for trying to do what the game tells you to do.

2. Reduce the chances of groups of bots chaining each other. If a group of bots fires a projectile that lands near another group of bots that aren't aggro'd and aren't within detection range of you, they'll immediately aggro on you. This makes disengaging a lot harder, even if you use smoke, and gods help you if you try to run away from a Bot Drop rather than engage them.

3. Fix the spawn rates (this applies to bugs as well but is horribly obvious on D9 bots). Devastator spam is intolerable right now, and combined with #1 above it's stupidly easy to get completely overwhelmed. This applies doubly for extraction, where instead of approaching from just two or three directions they'll now collapse on you from at least five and you have to actively rush out from extract to try to kill at least one or two of these waves far enough out that they don't all hit you at the same time.

Basically, there are several broken mechanics with bot missions that, if fixed without changing the individual toughness of the bot units themselves, would make them feel less like bullshit. I'm sure there's more than the ones I've mentioned here, but those are the worst ones that pop up in my mind immediately.
>>
>>484916867
Nah, diff 9 bot is perfectly fine now and how diff 9 should be
They should fix the impact ragdoll glitch that instant kill you though. That's good enough for me. Too many times, it'd very obvious that the explosion only deal like 10% of health but the rag doll impact deal like 90% of health for some reason.
Kinda sad that ballistic shield is fucked too, with almost 100% of my death would come from getting ragdolled insta impact killed by an explosion if I play ballistic shield. You used to be fucking invincible with riot shield on your back while retreating
>>
Tier 5 upgrade priority? I'm feeling marginally faster SW reloads and no delay on EAT pod strikes are the two that are going to make the most QoL difference in everyday play. -5% cooldowns is kind of a meme. -10% on pre-emptive eagle rearm slightly better. Bigger explosions is OK. Mortar marking sounds kind of useful in some situations but for missions where you spam mortar it's usually ok to just let them do their own thing targeting stuff that's out of LoS.
>>
>>484918467
Don't forget that people usually tag super-heavies for situational awareness, so the targeting thing is kind of likely to make mortars waste time shooting at stuff they can't damage.
>>
>>484795821
good kitty
>>
I guess this meant to spilt the bulk of botdiver alway from the ymir sector so they won't make too many progress.
>>
File: 624573567.gif (1.27 MB, 500x281)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB GIF
How many different fucking flavors of "X atmospheric condition reduces visibility" are there? Did they really think this mechanic was interesting enough to make like 6 different colored varieties and stick them on 2 out of every 3 planets?
>>
>>484915351
That was just the initial 5% handout so the progress bar doesn't look too empty to bother with.
>>
>>484914290
reminder that literally nothing anyone does in the MO matters. Joel will crank the numbers as much as he needs for the story to happen his way.
>>
new >>484921264
>>
The current patrol spam is just ridiculous for bots. When I got the game for the first time, my first mission ever was some friends dragging me straight into a diff 9. The diff 9s I used to play are nothing now compared to even something like a 5-7 in the game's current state. How are there SO MANY FUCKING ENEMIES now? Holy shit arrowhead. Is this a bot stronghold or is it a fucking sithlord rave party with how many red blaster bolts are flying around? Tone it the fuck down.
>>
>>484919540
The attack on Aesir Pass was a mistake because they've just split the defenses three ways. The bugdivers aren't coming to help so we're going to lose Vega Bay and Aesir Pass, crippling the rescue mobilization effort while also subjecting X-45 to constant attacks. Knowing Joel they're also going to up Vega Bay to something stupid like 3% decay rate so it'll be impossible to retake.

It's hard to understate the incompetence going into this MO. They still refuse to acknowledge that bugdivers will never leave their planets, the only way to make them do anything is to lock their available planets to shitholes like Hellmire so that playing bots is preferable.
>>
File: 1489088818467.jpg (51 KB, 496x559)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>Play with RL friend
>Bots 9
>His playstyle is to run into an objective area, drop ordinance, take potshots at everything, then sprint away once it gets hot
>90% of the mission is spent getting shot at from 3 directions
>>
>>484921612
>>>484919540
The whole system is so stupid
It doesn't seem to understand that most people are casual players that don't give a shit about operations and just play two random matches to kill time
Yet at the same time , it doesn't give enough information to players to understand and play within the system it's set up
Of course planets will be lost, nobody knows about decay rates, nobody knew about supply lines until they finally added in
It's just so poorly done
>>
>>>484921612
Like 75% of bug divers are at bots now dude... wtf are you talking about? The same can be said that like 75 of bot divers gravitate towards the MO but there just less of them.
>>
>>484921612
>wahhhh people are playing the game for fun and doing what they enjoy instead of virgin larping for what Joel tells them to do like good little gamers :'(
>>
File: cool.jpg (28 KB, 568x540)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>join mission
>hear static and breathing
>remember I have crossplay turned on
>whatever
>throw an airburst on a nest
>ps4 guy jumps in to grab sames at the same exact time
>just barely survived
>"Ay maine, be careful with dat shit"
>CHIRP almost immediately after
He was chill though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.