[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: MISC RAPTOR.png (1.67 MB, 2906x1584)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
>What's new?
3.23 is in evo with roughly 2/3 of its planned features in testing.
MISC RAPTOR is now available.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/19819-MISC-Raptor

>New to Star Citizen?
https://rentry.org/guier/

>General info and useful links
https://rentry.org/rbrcz

>CitCon 2023, intends to release "within next 12 months" (this year)
https://wewclub.net/citizencon-2023-12-months-of-future-content-delivery-in-one-list/

Previous thread
>>1208687

>AMSR8
>>
File: 1711971261087393.jpg (73 KB, 750x908)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
they could have made a lot of money today had they actually sold it
>>
>>1238996
I’d buy one. Probably
>>
>>1238996
There's way too much work into that thing for a pure joke, I bet there's going to be a really similar real concept soon, just as something like a forklift for moving cargo in hangars or whatever rather than a street sweeper.
>>
File: 1711684554000171.png (52 KB, 248x238)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>1239020
>MISC tractor beam utility vehicle/cargo shifter
i'd fucking buy one with aUEC
>>
You guys aren't thinking hard enough about the raptor. What's a big problem in stations, right? You have to put the empty bottles somewhere. Which means the raptor would find gameplay IN THE STATION. Why does this matter? Because it means you can run people over, and kill them in armistice. This thing not being real is one of the worst missed opportunities for griefing.
>>
File: 1712025114059788.png (294 KB, 495x681)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
>>1239121
>running littering fuckers through a MISC woodchipper
missed opportunity
>>
File: fleetpic.png (2.83 MB, 3840x2160)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB PNG
We haven't had one of these in a while so, you know the drill.
>>
>>1239146
It doesn't fucking work
>>
File: hangar.png (802 KB, 791x919)
802 KB
802 KB PNG
>>1239146
why yes i am a fucking turbo badass what mayhaps gave it away?
>>
>>1239335
turbo fucking retard
you managed to pick the worst ship of every size class
>>
>>1239505
what's it like to be a buffoon?
>>
>>1239514
he's right
prospector is wageslave NPC ship, 400i is a white suburban mom's source of crippling debt, and the Polaris is the braindead dadmobile of capitals
>>
>>1238972
>>1238996
Can't believe they made a Janny mobile and even put it in the game files to fuck with tranny line. Based devs, clean it up Janny
>>
>>1239146
I'm wageslaving but Orion, Perseus, Hornet F7C classic, Aurora for package, PTV and Dragonfly Black from referrals
>>
>>1239146
Why do you guys buy the ares inferno? Ballistics seems to get nerfed to hell alot. Plus there no way that things can clap reclaimers by itself iirc.
>>1239335
Based simple lineup
>>1239563
How do I get my friends I bring into the game to stop being fags and to use my referral for once.
>>
>>1238996
>>1239020
>>1239121
>CIG Has to redesign every space station in order for it to fit and do it's job anyways
Good. Current designs suck ass
>Everything looks the same
>If you have s t3 leg injury you have to crawl up stairs to get to a fucking hospital
>Half the shops don't work
>No cool windows
>Lounge and bars don't work, again no windows
I sure as hell hope that with the personal hangers, that they will clean up the sorry state of stations
>>
File: SQ42 I HELD THE LINE.jpg (1.44 MB, 5000x5000)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
If squadron 42 doesn't release at citizencon this year I'm going to go insane. It's been too long.
>>
File: magik.png (278 KB, 600x550)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>1239572
>Why do you guys buy the ares inferno? Ballistics seems to get nerfed to hell alot. Plus there no way that things can clap reclaimers by itself iirc.

This might come as a shock, but I simply build my fleet around ships I think look cool, rather than the current state of balance in a fucking tech demo with every aspect of the game in constant development and change.
>>
>>1239572
Ares Inferno is cooler and ballistic nerf both didn't affect it and won't be permanent. MM ballistics are already balanced back to being competitive
As for referrals just shill and make sure to be actively present when they make their account, I go out of my way to tell people to wait for events now
My Perseus was a referral Argo, my Hornet was my 10 referral Gladius, and my Dragonfly is brand new from the last event
>>
>>1239572
there is no point worrying about "balance" right now as its just half assed based on what systems are in and which arent, there is no armor, or bullet penetration right now, which is a big deal for ballistics and its supposed to be added with enigneering™, ballistics will be used to disable internal components
>>
>>1239670
Inferno is gonna be probably baking squishy parts of big ships if I had to guess, gatlings wont have a ton of AP, even a size 7
that being said stuff like the corsair and 600i would get reamed by it, same way they'd die to a few smaller torps
>>
>>1239146
My fleet is so fucked. All I want is a daily driver that's capable of holding its own in solo/duo combat situations, hauling cargo and has enough quantum capacity to navigate larger systems.
>>
>>1239755
First thought that fits your description would be the Cutty black for sure. You will have a chance this upcoming Invictus in May to try out a whole bunch of ships that might also tick some boxes, and plenty of time for fleet shuffling.
>>
>>1239547
>white suburban mom's source of crippling debt
it is a multirole spaceship xir not an infiniti
>>
>>1239764
Isn't the C1 Spirit a better Cutty Black? Any speculation as to how it will hold up with master modes and armor implementation?
>>
File: fleetpic (15).jpg (515 KB, 2560x1440)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
>>1239146
>>
>>1239755
Cutty black like this anon said >>1239764 or the Corsair. Love my corsair. It's my home, daily driver, drug running, and bounty hunting ship. Bonus points if you get a Fury to throw in the back for a friend to fly.
>>
>>1239774
Sometimes I wonder why you people just don't get a single capital ship as a jack-of-all-trades platform.
>>
>>1239773
The C1 holds more cargo and is more maneuverable, but it has less firepower and a much larger profile, so if you're looking for something with more combat prowess, then you'd go Cutty.
>Any speculation as to how it will hold up with master modes and armor implementation?
For mastermodes, we will just have to wait until 3.23 drops when they apply it to every ship. Armour is a different story and not something anyone can comment on with any solid information until CIG starts the testing process for the wider backer audience at some point, hopefully later this year.
>>
>>1239755
ooof
how did you get in that position?
My advice to you, go on playerauctions when the next aUEC dupe comes out and buy 200 mil aUEC. During the 3.21 dupe season 200mil aUEC was going for around £5 you can then buy every ship in the game and try them out till the next ship wipe. I usually lose a few each patch even without a wipe so I'm sitting at 50 ships instead of 70 I had a few patches back.
>>
>>1239844
>how did you get in that position?
I bought a pack which contained the Legionnaire, Arrow and Hawk and I've been regretting it ever since. On their own they might be good ships but I can't cash them out individually and I'm stuck only ever upgrading in dollar amount for store credit.
>>
What's a good ship to transport a ROC to do mining on moons?
Wish they had a specialized ship for that
>>
>>1239887
the c1 spirit's commercial portrays it doing more or less just that
>>
>>1239887
cutty black/c1
>>
>>1239907
C1 spirits is too nice to be doing mining operations
>>1239922
Cutlass might be good
>>
>>1239924
the c1 is crusader's most basic bitch workhorse ship
it's basically a starter with some healthy curves all over if you know what i mean
their craft are very elegant but don't let that dissuade you from putting one into the trenches
>>
>>1239887
nomad, if you like reverse parking and the look of the ship
>>
>>1239927
I look forward to seeing C1s covered in moon dust, sadly environmental wear on ships hasn't been mentioned for years now
>>
>>1239778
Everything I have has been gradually CCUed over years for big discounts, I've got like 50% more in ship value than I've actually spent and I'd lose a lot of that melting for a big capital. I'm also not really interested in trying to crew or manage a ship that big and I prefer having lots of options for different situations.
>>
>>1239861
I'm >>1239774 and in kind of a similar position. I've got two of the old $695 Exploration packs, and on one hand they're amazing because they're $1,100 worth of ships for $700 and they're the main reason I can afford to have things like the Polaris and Odyssey, but they also make it impossible to melt individual things so I'm basically stuck with what I've got in them. Fortunately I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got.

In your case I'd upgrade the Hawk to either a Cutty Black or C1, other people have outlined the tradeoffs between the two but IMO they're close enough that it really just comes down to personal preference, you're basically fucked in either if you run into a competent PvPer in a meta ship. The other alternative would be to melt everything and just get a Connie Andromeda or Corsair, the Connie is an absolute monster in the Master Modes tests right now and the Corsair may be even better, plus it's a much newer ship with a better interior etc.
>>
>>1239946
Just get a Kraken, NPC crew and fit whatever you want on it.
>inb4 it will never happen
If it doesn't then SC is fucked anyways, so who cares
>>
>>1239991
CIG have made it clear on numerous occasions that full NPC crewing a capital ship is going to suck, and given that you can only operate one ship at a time if you're solo (CIG have also made it extremely clear that NPCs WILL NOT be able to fly player ships without the owner on board) I can't see any way to make the Kraken economically viable either, at best it's going to do exactly the same things as a Liberator or Hull Series but with vastly higher overhead.

Getting a credit Kraken is also damn near impossible, they sell out in a split second every time they're available, and freeing up that much credit would mean melting melting a ton of stuff I can't replace without spending a huge amount of real money.
>>
File: 1700902790868122.png (2.68 MB, 1749x1071)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB PNG
>>1239146
>>
>>1240029
The Kraken is literally mother base. You don't need to fly it somewhere for it to be useful, just park it where you need it and then take whatever you want off of the landing pads. Turrets don't even need NPCs to be automated.

A solo privateer will unironically be viable because your sole mission in life is to act as a mobile trade depot. Just park it in orbit, put NPCs in the shops and then farm credits passively. You won't even need to worry about fuel or quantanium because you will be sitting still until prompted to move.
>>
>>1239954
>Fortunately I'm pretty satisfied with what I've got.
As someone who has one of those old exploration packs I wish I could say the same. It feels like they've been pricing new ships specifically to fuck with me. Thank god the Zeus exists so I can finally rid myself of the fucking DUR, but boy do I regret applying the MSR upgrade to the Terrapin. You're clearly willing to spend more money on this shit than I am, though, so it's probably not nearly as much of a nightmare for you.

Still, it's annoying that I can't commit to upgrading the Dragonfly to anything. Would be nice to have a Cutter but I don't want to risk losing out on a better $45 starter that comes out in the near future.
>>
>>1240082
>Just park it in orbit, put NPCs in the shops and then farm credits passively.
For like 5 minutes until somebody realizes it's immobile and decides to grief it. Same goes for using it as a mobile base and leaving it behind with no real crew onboard.

That aside, I'm just not interesting in melting 2/3rds of my fleet for one when I've already got other ships that can do the same thing just as well for my purposes and with vastly less operating cost.

>>1240092
Yeah, I stopped really spending money years ago, but I sunk enough into it back then that I had the store credit to work stuff out. I've also really heavily exploited warbond CCUs, concept prices, and so on, like I recently got a free $100 in credit from the Hull-C going up in price and stuff. I was also stuck with an MSR for quite a long time but I managed to put together a cheapish chain to a Galaxy and then upgraded something else to become the Corsair to replace it.
>>
>>1240082
*steals ur kraken*
pssh, nothin personnel...
>>
>>1240269
I can't wait until we get month-long insurance claims.

Muh immershun
>>
>>1239778
higher risk, higher claim times, higher operating costs, larger crew size required.

Multiple smaller ships would mitigate risk, lower claim time or give you something to play with while you wait, operating costs would be lower, crew size requirements lower, you'd be more willing to do high risk high reward tasks.

Big ships are better off bought with org mates in game.
>>
File: 1702864600429693.gif (1.47 MB, 360x360)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>>1240236
>For like 5 minutes until somebody realizes it's immobile and decides to grief it.
Given the proliferation of open dry docks, I'd say that's going to happen regardless.
>>
>>1240286
Yeah, and it's also just gonna be ages until the really big stuff comes out and even longer before it actually makes sense in the game. There's no sense giving up a bunch of stuff that's usable now, or will be within the next year or so, for something that's probably 3-5 years away from making any sense.

Also, even if not bought with an org, I'd rather keep the big capitals as something to work for in the game post-1.0.
>>
>>1240082
the strength of the kraken is force projection of whatever fleet comp you want to put on it. be it a base for mining, capital hunting, cargo transport, etc.

you can reasonably field more than 1 flight of ships off it and out range any other weapons system in the game with it. kraken captains aren't going to slug it out inside railgun ranges of the idris, they're gonna be moving thousands if not millions of km out and jumping intermittently to escape being scanned down while hurling combat craft at potential pursuers. same thing if on the attack.
the only real limitation is going to be the amount of pilots you can find for the various flights of craft it can transport and service making the kraken the ultimate capital for organizational play
>>
>NPC interdicts me out of QD
>crash directly into a ship that was interdicted before
what is this bullshit
>>
>go on spectrum
>multiple threads with positive updoot to picard palm/clown ratios by whales talking about soloing javelins with AI crews and using them to run cargo profitably
do these people ever listen to anything CIG says?
>>
>>1240571
No, it's absurd to read their posts, same with the carebear mega faggots in this thread, cig shouldn't listen to either groups of people.
>>
>>1240571
Forget what CIG said in the past, that feature is still far off into a future where the AI are responsive, competent, and can do ship related tasks like we can. What they said in the past vs what they end up doing come that time will be the only truth, and cunts are retarded for taking their word as gospel and spending real money on huge ships with the assumption they can solo it before CIG even start developing AI crew (much less having a shitfit over it on spectrum).
>>
File: vd1PuVyGKT.png (41 KB, 1550x333)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>
File: 1711381244494586.jpg (194 KB, 780x1026)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>1240575
>don't want to deal with other human beings on my cap ship
>get called a carebear
>>
>>1240602
>plays an MMO and expects it to cater to single player play styles
You are a carebear.
>>
>>1240611
I want to play with other people anon. I just don't want them on my ship.

You think pad ramming is bad now? Imagine a world where you always have to worry about some fag loosening the screws on the bulkheads.
>>
>>1240611
I just want AI blades for turrets because 8 think turreted fighters are fucking stupid.
>>
>>1240620
>I want to play alone in an MMO
No one said you can't but expecting multiplayer play to be possible alone, whether that's with ai blades or npc crews is actually retarded.
>pad ramming
Literally don't care
>>1240627
>multiplayer is dumb
Then play a different game.
It's uncanny how you cretins seethe about pvp and multiplayer aspects of an MMO of all things.
>>
>>1240602
>buy a ship in an MMO with a listed crew requirement of 10-80+
>be surprised when you are expected to interact with people and it doesn't magically run itself
>>
>>1240579
I fully expect AI to be equally capable to most players as turret gunners and repair monkeys- shortsighted and stupid unless given explicit directions on what to prioritize at the given time. If they somehow manage to make these squad leader positions fillable by competent AI I'd be impressed but you still need officers above that to in turn command them, which is increasingly difficult. They can also just slap a big price tag on their salary requirements and make them rare and they become balanced.
that being said, retards planning on soloing fleet capitals have to be braindead if they think an AI is gonna be a competent radar operator, wing coordinator, etc, much less fighter pilots, damage control officers, gunnery sergeants, whatever. Fully expect AI crewed ships to be easily baited by feints and fakeouts- send a single sacrificial Tali into turret range to draw fire while a second or five dump torps at the same angle and they slew to intercept torps improperly and eat shit.
>>
>>1240620
Le reputation system xP
but unironically
saboteurs and spies will probably get raped by ingame systems, also make some friends so you dont need to worry about that
hirelings are absolutely justified in trolling whales
>>
>>1240627
inb4 blades get permanently damaged by disto or emp damage and are ultra vulnerable to flares and noise
>>
>>1240637
>economy can run itself
>npc fleets can run themselves
>asking CIG to give us the ability to play carrier command with starships is a bridge too far
I understand why giving whales with 10+ javs npc fleets is a retarded idea, but SC has been p2w for nearly a fucking decade. If you're getting mad after the existence of the F8A Lightning then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>1240635
>>multiplayer is dumb
No. Multiplayer is fine.
It’s the very specific concept of a turreted fighter that I think is dumb. It’s been tried before, and it has only worked one time. And even then, the pilot A) had way more forward firepower than turreted, and B) could also fire the turret forward himself.
>>
>>1240654
>>1240657
>doubles down on muh justification for wanting a single player experience in an MMO
What a tiresome canard, you should really just go back to spectrum.
>>
>>1240669
Nah, you just dumb.
>>
>>1240654
If it was me, I’d totally let you have AI commanded fleets.
Except that you run the risk of having the AI mutiny and steal your shit. The more valuable the ship they’re in charge of is, the higher the chance.
>>
>>1240654
Sorry paypig, Croberts says make friends.
AI also won't be running capital ships to make a profit, their operating expenses would either theoretically or actually be funded by the absolutely mind boggling tax income the UEE could throw around. All CIG needs to do is make competent AI commanders both expensive and rare, two problems the UEE Navy wouldn't have (due to getting a pocket supply of officers from schools and having a bottomless budget) and the situation becomes self balancing.
Competent solo caps become so excruciatingly expensive to run that they're purely theoretically possible and too expensive to feasibly operate regularly, as an actual warship would be for a group of a few thousand people at most.
>>
>>1240657
The Vanguard and similar are pretty solid ideas. Fat ship uses turret to cover rear, its classic WW2 shit. Hurricane and Scorpius are fucking lame as shit though.
>>
>>1240599
Fucking finally.
>>
Why the fuck do people even want to run capital ships with bots? That is fucking retarded. Just get a Mercury StarRunner or a Corsair, or a Retaliator, since modularity is coming in 3.23. You don't need a big ass ship of you're playing solo.
>>
>>1240693
Literally mental illness is what it is.
>>
>>1240693
Autism and sunk cost
>>
>>1240693
I could see the appeal of having a dedicated base of operations that belongs to you and you alone.

But that was before base building was announced
>>
File: 1712010643895704.gif (2 MB, 1200x1200)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>whoring out your polaris to the highest/lowest bidders with the simple condition that they pay for torpedoes and fuel, and you helm the thing amidst the antics they intend
m e r c e n a r y c o m m a n d e r
>>
File: 1700243561143806.png (871 KB, 1280x720)
871 KB
871 KB PNG
>>1240693
It's self-explanatory.
I want a carrier.
My obstacle to owning carrier is other people.
I can't have a carrier IRL, so I want my own carrier in a videogame, where I can relax, fish off the landing pads and do whatever else I like. Maybe run a pirate radio station and grow space weed in the cargo bay too.
Other people know I want that, so they are trying to prevent me from having it for no other reason than the fact that I want it.
CIG expects me to make friends with these people.
Alternatively, I could do what >>1240702 suggested, but I would still need these fucking people to build and maintain the fucking base, which is equally infuriating.
>>
>>1240745
>turn on the engines
>400k fuel bill
Good thing your space fishing and space weed will cover your 400m long destroyer's operating cost.
You realize you can do all of this in a fucking Connie too right?
>>
>>1240745
so you're telling me only people of power will be able to effectively manage a capital and merely owning it doesn't make one powerful
I like that
>>
>>1240745
You can do all of that in ED right now.
Why not play that instead, it seems far more up your street.
>>
>>1240774
In theory they'll be downright unusable solo.
Fuel, supply, repair costs, general in-person maintenance will all be too much for someone who doesn't have a great racket going to handle on their own.
>>
>>1240772
>>1240775
retards really don't understand the comfyness of "flying" a capital ship, truly sad
>>
>>1240745
So, >>1240699 and >>1240700 are correct then.
>>
>>1240775
It makes me nauseous.
Literally. I get physically sick when playing it. No idea why.
>>
>>1240784
See >>1240779
I also like the privacy.
I used to envy people like Jeff Bezos before I realized that he needs a fucking platoon of people to raise the anchor on the Koru.
>>
>>1240778
My assumption is that CIG will make them extortionate to take out to pleasure cruise, some whales will still roll them out every once and a while just for the sake of it but at great expense, while the only people truly using them will be orgs flushing absolutely absurd amounts of money into wars or territory fights
>>
>>1240745
Based take, reddit niggers like >>1240772 >>1240778 and >>1240778 are merely sour grapes. They see green with envy and are overflowing with feelings of inferiority. So they beg the devs to make your life miserable over and over again like it's a sutra or a prayer.

See how they always ascribe things to massive orgs, they're democratizing capital ship ownership. The idea that it isn't one person who truly owns that ship but hundreds absolves them of their feelings of inferiority.
>>
>>1240903
YOUR capital ship? I run the engines, I should have a fair share. This is OUR capital ship.
Hijacked Bengal turning into a commune would be true kino, CHAZ in space
>>
>>1240916
You'll get your cricket loaf and you'll like it.
>>
File: 1712112252059951.jpg (103 KB, 906x727)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
everyone's a gangster in the engineering compartment mutinies until the command deck sends down a half dozen armoured suits to kill everyone
>>
File: fleetpic.jpg (2.03 MB, 3840x2160)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>1239146
friend gave me the Retaliator and Vulture for free but I never really use them. Thanks, nigga
>>
>>1240925
Cool, but now the ship is as good as dead.
>>
File: 1712028484955327.jpg (71 KB, 355x530)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1240980
bitches don't know about the press ganged replacement crew just now arriving on the upper flight deck that will first be tasked with clearing out the bodies of those just liquidated
>>
File: 1448768533842.jpg (46 KB, 319x310)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
god fucking dammit
the more I look at the leaks the more I desire this patch that won't be on LIVE for at least another month
>>
File: 1709201631499984.jpg (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>buy commodities
>server crashes
>commodieties gone
>money also gone
>>
File: 1556801709772.jpg (58 KB, 594x582)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1241549
> You should be recording every Gayming session every time so you can report these things
> Uhhhh sweaty, it's a pre pre alpha you can't blame that on the game
> Noooo you'll be able to cargo haul so much better in patch X.XX.XX (projected year 2060)
I feel for you anon, sorry for the meme. But we've all been there. I think that cargo hauling, although it should be the easiest, is the most tedious because of what happened to you and the random DC's / invisible ships blowing you up, etc
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYmd3zkYFM
>>
File: 1708550699458285.jpg (9 KB, 249x243)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>1241579
I thought I had lost everything because after connecting to a new server, I went straight to a trading terminal to check my ship and it said it was empty. But at that point I hadn't spawned the ship in the hangar yet, so the server didn't knew about the stuff that was in it or something. After I spawned the ship, everything was there.
>>
>>1241598
Based, we are so back. Good shit
>>
>>1241598
>>1241579
lmao doomer vs 30k protection
>>
File: 1710321336174455.png (273 KB, 650x812)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>Bengal in pirate swarm
>>
Does /scg/ have an org? I'd like to join something.
>>
File: pledge.png (386 KB, 1018x655)
386 KB
386 KB PNG
>>1241596
This looks fucking incredible. If 3.23 plays half as good as it looks, I'll paypig a couple hundred dollars during Invictus.
>my package
>>
>>1241927
There is no such thing as an "official /scg/ org", but there is an small group for those who wanted to join something that are active.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/MERCH
>>
>>1241933
>There is no such thing as an "official /scg/ org"
This should be immediately remedied. There's enough of us here to get some real ops going.
>>
>>1241936
No
>>
>>1241936
Every time /v/, /vm/ or /vg/ gets a group of players together, it's sabotaged by drama or trannies.
>>
>>1241946
I play in a couple general groups and they're alright. Perhaps I'm just lucky.
>>
>>1241936
>There's enough of us here to get some real ops going.
There isn't, and I can safely say that most who still stick around are merely lurking, and waiting for the "game" to be an actual game. There is no reason right now to put forth effort into any "ops", there's still so much shit missing. The few who I play with from here only do so when an ingame event is ongoing, or just to try out new features.
>>
>>1241949
nta but I'm planning on maining star citizen in 3.23 wipes be damned. it'd be nice to have an org included in future posts for loners looking for a group.
>>
>>1241966
There's a group of like 6-12 regulars who play in >>1241933
but most of us are waiting for 3.23 at this point and just doing the xenothreat stuff whenever the next phase comes. I will be trying to main it in 3.23 as well though (bugs willing).
>>
>>1241966
I'd only post it when specifically requested, otherwise I don't want the thread to derail. 3.23 just keeps getting getting better so, im right there with you.
>>
File: 1711529942261232.png (50 KB, 470x554)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
there isn't a fucking game worth playing besides this one
too bad so much is set to shift in the coming patch that it makes a lot of faffing around as it is right now a ways redundant
>>1241933
oy.......
applied
>>
>>1241948
You haven't given them enough time to cook.
>>
>>1241946
Or by total spergs who turn the whole thing into a political soapbox and never shut the fuck up, in my experience. My old org didn't come from here but a lot of the people in it were the type and I couldn't take being subjected to Qanon retardation and cryptobro nonsense every time I tried to play the damn game with them.
>>
>>1242078
It's annoying as someone that posts here for other reasons than wanting to say nigger every 5 seconds.
>>
File: 1711597968534056.gif (636 KB, 400x400)
636 KB
636 KB GIF
>>1242078
Ever play SS13?
I was here when /tg/station was created.
Here's a tl;dr timeline of how it fell to shit, and how every 4chan gaming group falls to shit.
>community is created. tightnit, everybody enjoys each other's company, bants are regular
>time passes. more people join. at least one fag gets his feelings hurt over one thing or another, kicks up shit because nobody takes the game seriously, starts drama. nobody wants to make waves, so they bow to their demands
>more time passes. more people join. it becomes increasingly apparent that most of the members are mentally unstable and/or social maladaptives. community fights amongst itself to retain the original sense of 'self' it had when it was first created. drama ensues.
>old players are pushed out to make room for 'normal' people who use political correctness to exercise control over the rest of the group
If any of you are planning to fly multicrew ships, there will be at least one of you that tries to stab the others in the back, or uses social engineering bullshit to take control of the ship itself. And because most of you are socially awkward in one way or another, you won't be emotionally equipped to tell those people to rightfully fuck off.

If someone asks you to transfer ship ownership over to the org, shoot them and dump their body out an airlock.
>>
>>1242207
I haven't played SS13, but I've been in a few other 4chan gaming groups over time (CSGO, War Thunder, etc.) and yeah that's basically what I've seen go down.

My general policy is to never join any 4chan-related thing outside 4chan, everything about this place only works when anonymity is in effect, and it just becomes cancer once everybody's got a known fixed identity.
>>
>>1242207
I already noticed this in my group. Someone was trying to convince me that the 600i looked good. Should I cut them off?
>>
>>1242219
Where are you finding groups to join then? Being a thirty year old space sim mil sim sandbox mmo enjoyer is a niche within a niche within a niche.
>>
>>1242282
Other parts of the SC community. If you're active in Twitch chats or SC Discords or whatever you can eventually find people to play with.
>>
>>1242282
It's like finding any other good group of friends. You gotta roll the dice and see what happens.

But 4chan is basically filled with the worst people on the planet. /xivg/ for example has a hidden discovered server full of trannies who unironically try to groom children into taking HRT. Most of those people are going to be in prison and/or dead in a few years, but when you consider that that is the type of person who willingly joins 4chan orgs, it's probably a bad idea to give them your username, let alone talk to them over voice chat.
>>
>>1241936
>There's enough of us here to get some real ops going.
there is nothing to do for "ops", I play with a group of a dozen people and getting togther is a frustrating pointless time and will stay that way till 4.0 at best
>>
>>1241927
This is the OFFICIAL /scg/ org!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/KONG
>>
>>1241927
This is the OFFICIAL /scg/ org!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/KWA
>>
Just picked up Spacebourne 2. Looks bretty gud. Should keep me busy until 3.23
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1646850/SpaceBourne_2/
>>
File: 8ca.png (59 KB, 500x500)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>1242534
>Star citizen?
>>
>>1241927
You can meet the famous heavy bob and roys guide here:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GRIEFERNET
>>
>>1242337
Im a /xivg/ regular and I have never experienced or heard of that in the 3 years I've been playing it at all.I just only hear the stories of drama, mainly over retards e-dating-women and their obsessive simps that happened, causing groups to fall apart or split mainly.

I have also not experienced this >>1242207 but it makes a LOT of sense, with the weaponization of "free talk" and modern "moderation", that a schitzo could stalk you and report you for your shit, but if you aren't a retard in game-chat, there's literally nothing that can be done to you, but that's common sense.
This game is different, in others it's better to NOT be part of a big group, where big groups mean nothing by game design, and owning your solo / 3 man one is more incentivizing in game than joining any.

The most successful groups which work are ones without a hierarchy. Usually the best are ones with a "leader alt" account (no one can blame it. It's literally there to hold a title), but no one is ever kicked from it, except under extreme circumstances and people are free to do whatever in it / naturally form their own activities from within. Yea you'll have the group officers / jannies to make sure shit doesn't go sideways, maintain shit / give invites but that's it. Those are the ones I've joined and they've been pretty good and the "clan / guild / org / FC " chats internally are pretty funny, lively and everyone has banter, it works well.
>>
File: 328929225.6_image.png (945 KB, 1565x872)
945 KB
945 KB PNG
How the fuck did CIG get away with this?
>>
>>1242790
It genuinely baffles me how the same person could "play" xiv and star citizen
"play" in quotes because xiv is hundreds of hours of boring dialog and cutscenes where the characters /bow and /wave at each other
>>
>>1242881
because it looks retarded instead of being le heckin gayerino
it's just a dark souls character, the fact it looks like a tranny speaks more about how fucking stupid trannies look than anything else
>>
>april
>still no 3.23
LMFAO
>>
>>1242976
late april retard
>>
>>1242932
I've played both, but I really just played XIV because real life friends were all into it.
>>
>>1242282
the only successful 4chan group I'm in has a wall to keep non-4chan users out by asking how they found the server
if they came from reddit or otherwise not-4chan, they don't get in
there is no hierarchy, only volunteer mods to manage the wall and users
going strong for 6+ years
even though the link has never been posted anywhere outside of 4chan, a lot of people bounce off that wall
>>
>>1243011
i know what group you're talking about and that group is hardly successful or drama free
>>
>>1242976
retard, they arent gona update halfway thru an "event"
>>
well lads only 1 more phase to go.
>>
>>1242932
They both require patience, one is story driven / social, the other will likely have a badass story, but is currently tediously buggy, but is also social.
I play xiv cause it's pretty fun MMO wise and detailed, I like SC cause it's incredibly detailed and a cool ass FPS / space sim. Sucks cause both have a content drought right now.
>>
>>1242881
Cause he's the Randy Savage tier Avatar of Star Citizen. Watch him be your wingman
>>
>>1242932
FFXIV unironically has the best story out of any MMO on the market. The music and boss battles are amazing too.
>>
File: 1712363920321170.png (201 KB, 417x397)
201 KB
201 KB PNG
>>1243408
"WHALES could be here" he thought, "I've never been in this system before. There could be WHALES anywhere." The searing wind of daymar felt good across his space suit. "I HATE WHALES" he thought. Call The Ships to Port reverberated his entire Cutlass, making it pulsate even as the 9 aUEC wine circulated through his powerful thick veins and washed away his (merited) fear of paypigs after dark. "With a Cutlass, you can go anywhere you want" he said to himself, out loud.
>>
File: 1702393276562907.png (89 KB, 304x360)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>log in
>step into elevator
>fall through the floor
off to a great start
>>
>>1238972
>$675 million
>no full gaem

It’s impressive really. That’s bigger than the GDP of some island nations
>>
>>1242978
>>1243096
gigacope
>>
>>1243408
>story
>mmo
why would I give two fucks about a MMORPG's story? I'm there to live a second life and I don't mean retarded pretent bullshit like
>/wave why hello there! Welcome to my instanced neighborhood no one will ever see. Here have some of my make believe muffins
If you want a visual novel go play one.
>>
>>1242443
This, I really want to enjoy this game with my friends but there’s basically nothing to do
>>
File: fleetpicasof12123.jpg (1.57 MB, 3840x2160)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>1239146
still here
>>
>>1243231
I've played both as well, close to starting heavens ward but stopped my sub to take a break from it too drawn out.
I have moved on to kenshi when they had it on sale, it's jank as fuck but it sucks you right in.
Playing vanilla for now, keeping an eye on genesis overhaul mod. Would be great if they allowed coop for kenshi 2, they are making another one in unreal engine but I bet star citizen 1.0 and SQ42 would be out before it.
>>
>>1243937
>why would I give two fucks about a MMORPG's story? I'm there to live a second life-
It gives context to the setting.
You're not going to immersed once you start fighting crystalline bikini bitches without a proper explanation.
>>
>>1242207
>If someone asks you to transfer ship ownership over to the org, shoot them and dump their body out an airlock.

Question: Is this an actual thing that happens within SC ORG's? I'm legitimately confused about how that's supposed to work. Does the owner of said ship actually gift it to the ORG leader, or does he not just get to use it without express permission?
>>
>>1244193
If your character owns a ship, that character will be able to set security access levels. Transferals of ship ownership will also be a thing (relating to character deaths and ship inheritance).
The way big orgs work now is that whales will buy big ships, but the orgs still have a pecking order like all other MMO player groups do. If someone will want to lead an org event in the future, they will need someone to hand them the keys to the ships they need, or at the very least give them total access to the ship.
Ship ownership is (probably) going to be a big source of drama in the future, because if you've got a Javelin or whatever, org leadership will pull rank to get what they want or kick those players from the group.
>>
>>1240611
No I just don't want to drag fifty nerds in the worst part of brown chest high wall games just to kill some loser in his $50,000 jpeg. Wanting to be ungriefable because you spent a lot of money is carebear behavior.
>>
Give me one good reason not to, that's not fake carebear bullshit like "flexibility". Oh yeah, because I'm really going to miss that 8t of cargo space and the ability to fit a PTV.
My "gameplay loop" is that I log in, grief Seraphim until I get sent to prison, and then log out.
>>
>>1244393
do it and make them cry
>>
>>1244393
arrow is kinda midderton tbqh famalam
unless ur a god gamer its fragile as fuck
>>
I can't kill the vanguards quick enough in the 3/3 of the latest xenothreat mission in my bucc. Probably cause my missiles never seem to work (half the time dont launch, other half dont hit).
How should I get around this? Buy a crusader ares with auec or rent something?
>>
>>1244511
get better at the game you can do it in an aurora
stagger your weapon groups so shields dont get time to recharge
>>
Does 3.23 evocati have the improved clouds and fog?
>>
>>1244629
Yes.
>>
>>1244845
Proof?
>>
Any word on Vulkan or DLSS? People have been saying they're finally coming in 3.23.
>>
File: fleet.png (443 KB, 745x532)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>1239146
Just heard about the cutter scout and rambler.
I've got $30 in store credit so I might upgrade my cutter to one of those when they're available next.
Figure just get a starter ship with LTI for each aspect of the game I might want to try so I always have them to fall back on.
>corsair for multi-person ship if my friends join or I find an ingame group, cargo, combat, exploration, and "exploration"
>herald for solo data
>cutter for misc solo, leaning towards non-ship-to-ship combat stuff

What's the opinion of the cutter variants?
>>
>>1244914
cutter is cool
scout becomes more practical
rambler has improvements to it's already godly range
>>
Okay I just recovered my account and am now downloading the game for the first time since maybe 2015.
What is there to do? Do I find other people to play with, or go alone for a bit?
I have an avenger if that matters.
>>
>>1244914
Personally I'd turn the Herald into a Cutty Black, data running is nowhere in sight and the Cutty's so much more useful in the current game. That'd be a $25 CCU so it'd leave you the $5 to upgrade the Cutter to one of the variants too.
>>
>>1244913
Evocati has a toggle in the settings for the vulkan api (doesn't do anything), and was confirmed for testing sometime this week.
>>1245003
>What is there to do?
Check out the rentry newfag guide on the OP to catch yourself up.
>Do I find other people to play with, or go alone for a bit?
As for going group or solo, id always recommend trying to find people to play with, but as of right now most are holding off until the early/mid May content patch before the Invictus event. Plenty of time for you to familiarize yourself with the """game""". Avenger titan is a solid starter, good choice.
>>
>>1245003
You can easily do up to MRT bounties with the avenger around crusader space, you can also join us and we can do some shit. If you need aUEC you can do salvage shit with us.
Do the overdrive event, earn yourself a free set of medium armor for your account and also a token to upgrade a hornet MK2 f7c to the mk2 f7a fo free. Whether you use that token or not is up to you, but I sure as shit can bet that you can grey market sell it later for irl cash to someone who wants it

Don't be pissed right now but it appears as if missiles are bugged in the PU and dumping flares doesn't drop them.
>>
>>1245003
>What is there to do
Grief Seraphim
>Do I find other people to play with, or go alone for a bit?
Find victims
>>
>>1244066
>total spent 2900$
you should have just bought a javelin...
>>
>>1245749
a purchased javelin (especially as the single ship one might own) in the condition one receives it will literally be less than fucking worthless seeing as there will be astronomical investment required to make it the slightest bit capable (again) (as it's an old gutted military surplus boat)
>>
>>1245831
Are retards still pedaling that retarded meme from 2013?
>>
>>1245749
Javelins gonna take 15 people to run and will run at a credit loss 100% of the time, its gonna be the sort of ship ONLY used to org wars and territory enforcement IE for blowing the shit out of rival groups. Its gonna be a huge money sink with a very narrow purpose and while I DO have an org and a bunch of friends I plan to play with I doubt were gonna go that deep into it.

And as for should have bought, I have an Orion a Hull-E and a variety of support ships. With the profit from operating those I'll be able to buy whatever else I might want. Me and the boys spend a few rotations in the belt loading up the orion and dropping it at a refinery, payout gets loaded onto the Hull E and me and the boys bulk ship it to a high value market under gunship escort. We split up the sale of 50k scu refined ore or w/e the hull E ends up having for total cargo space less operating costs and everyone buys whatever they hell the want.

My endgame isn't ships or pvp its running an industrialist sub org of some Null sec alliance and engineering colonial bases. Someone else can buy the javelin, I want a gunnery cruiser anyway.
>>
>>1245925
>yeah you're gunna actually hate running this ship
>it will be a total chore
>complete misery
>we made sure it was always inferior to just distributing 12 corsairs amongst your friends
Do backers really hope for this?
>>
>>1245874
even IF they rescind that, which they may or may not, they did sell them as stripped hulls.
it will come with dated second rate equipment like every other ship does and will require gorillions of credits to bring it to competitive combat spec. Like think replacing all the sub modules, all the shield emitters and relays, probably replacing every single secondary battery gun cus its gonna come loaded out with energy weapons that it doesnt have cap to sustain. Its probably gonna have no missiles the s12 torps it fires are going to cost like an entire ship each. Theres a threashold of a ship being practical and sensible for a pleyr to buy and operate and the javelin is WAY past that threshhold, just like private citzen even multi multion billionarie russian oligarchs, dont operate missile destroyers as private citizens, they operate heavily armed highly fancy yachts. A warship is a political tool and it only makes sense to own a big mean one if you are engaging in political angling. I obviously have a couple warships in my fleet there but they are the very smallest ones. Even the Polaris seems a bit overkill to me, though I may keep it just as a big stick option. The Perseus is about the meanest ship i see as being practical for a "party" of like 3-5 players. It will likely maul most things that are less than a full on warship and its operating costs will be manageable enough that you might to be able to turn a profit on pve with it.
>>
>>1245927
didnt say that.
I said you'll lose credits.
THe point of flying your javelin will be to blow the shit out of rival cap ships in pvp fleet actions. THAT will be great fun, it just wont be profitable or particularly common. Its a dedicated warship, you're not gonna use it to make money, thats not what warships do. Warships enforce political actions and project power, doing so costs money, while not returning any directly unless via piracy, and a pirate operating a javelin with a skeleton crew will be bounty hunter AND javelin stealer bait.
>>
>>1245925
>>1245930
>>1245933
>all this theory crafting
Heh would be unfortunate if I did some of my own then.

Orion and Hull E will be completely unusable and will cost 3.8 billion UeC to fuel and cost 8 billion UeC to bring through a jump point.

The best trade and mining systems will require a permit which will dictate which class of ship you can use. This will take roughly 2 years irl to level up as you build trust in the system.

During which time you will be limited in what size of ship you may use based on your permit. So you will be forced to use smaller ships like the prospector and hull a until you build enough experience and trust.
>>
>>1245935
industry fags seething
>>
>>1245935
your theorycrafting is based on nothing, mine is based on systems cig has in place already and their stated intention.
>>
>>1245940
No I defiantly heard CR say this.
>>
>>1245941
esl
>>
>>1245940
Un ackshually your theory crafting is based on starcitizen 1.0 which is a legally distinct product and dead game that legally died back in 2015.
>>
File: 1690082879639344.jpg (402 KB, 1280x720)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
Theory crafting is lame as fuck, always, no exceptions.
>>
>>1238972
God damn, this must be most boomer populated thread I ever seen, game is doomed to death when majority population is boomer
>>
>>1246209
>there isn't enough transgender representation in this thread, this game is deaaaad frfr
>>
>>1245927
Bro, it's literally a flying FPS map. You're going to need to be organizing the equivalent of a WoW raid to do anything that isn't automated.

If you want a relaxing time flying around, get something smaller, not a ship that requires you to run down four flights of stairs and use a tram system to get from one end of the ship to the other.
>>
>>1246526
My kid that's laterally not what I said in the slightest. Being big is irrelevant, but copechode redditors and twitch viewers that get inferiority complexes when they see big ship and demand CIG make it unfun to satisfy their babydick fantasies grind my gears.

I mean seriously can you imagine Chis giving the okay to a ship like that.
>Well this Capital ship is miserable to use and absolutely nobody on the dev team likes using it in the slightest
>we listened to the backers and made sure it was awful to use so you'll never see anyone using them other than npc's
>We wasted 5 years of dev time on this lol.
>>
>>1246566
To add to this if your ideal endgame in an MMO is just boring busy work that nobody wants to do your game is going to fucking die.

The only other alternative in a game as ship focused as SC is to just go
>congratulations you have acquired a Cutty Black you've have reached peak fun you may now quit the game it doesn't get better from here
Or armor and component rarity autism lol who cares about that gay shit.
>>
>>1240693
>Why the fuck do people even want to run capital ships with bots?
Not counting anti-social people, realistically I can suppose it comes down to numbers, practicality, and enjoyment.
>group wants a carrier/capital
>group has a bunch of people but not enough to staff it + the ships that will be landing there if carrier, or rest of the fleet if capital
>either have a fully player manned carrier/capital with a barebones or bot fleet or a mostly bot manned carrier/capital with predominantly player fleet
or
>everyone wants to fly or captain "their" ship
>every ship in the fleet is pilot + bot crewmates with few exceptions, copilots and maybe a gunner here or there
Very few people want to be crewmember #24, assigned duties include: manning 1 specific gun turret during combat, repelling boarders if there are any, assisting with cargo loading, and keeping the starboard hallways clean on deck 7

Sure playing crewmate can be fun if it's you and your close friends, but when it's 80 people on a Javelin?
Or 10 people for a Kraken, but then who is flying the rest of the ships that're being launched from the carrier?
Or 28 on an Idris and then you have the rest of the fleet unless you're flying it without any support ships?

The appeal of fully manned player ships caps out after a certain number of crewmembers, less if it's actual specific people logging in and not an org where you can potentially just grab whoever is online into a crewmate spot.
>hey I'm about to hop on SC, guys ready to log in and do some combat in our brand new Polaris?
>yeah x5
>sorry I've got overtime x2
>I've got a date night x1
>guests over so I can't x1
>sorry I'm playing a different game with some other friends x3
>I'm too drunk x1
vs an org can do semi-organized outings with people logging in at specific times so even if a particular person is busy, the rest can fill in.
>saturdays at 8pm let's all log in and try to do fleet stuff :)
>ooh we got 43 people online for it let's take our carrier out
>>
>>1240693
because I want to command a big ship and not have to tardwrangle several dozen players?
>>
>>1245927
>run 12 corsairs
>they get poked once in the power plant
>it bursts into flames and the entire ship explodes

Multicrew means multicrew retard, plus javelins mount like gigarapefuck amounts of turrets with huge guns and has armor that would make a WW2 era battleship blush
>>
>>1246621
jav is just a destroyer bro
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I2XuEdu-1I&t=58s

womp womp single-seatfags
>>
How do I stop deathgripping my joystick?
I'm super relaxed with my mouse/keyboard but my joystick I fucking tense up a ton and IDK why
>>
>>1246630
>just a destroyer
Jav is 500m long and has a displacement of 122,445 tons when empty
The Iowa was 270m long and had a displacement of 58,460 tons when fully laden
The Gerald R. Ford is 340m long and has a displacement of ~100k tons
The largest ship in the world, the Seawise Giant supertanker, was 460m long

The javelin is fucking gargantuan, SC's scale is just scifi'd to shit, the Bengal probably has equivalent mass when completely empty to an entire fully laden carrier group
>>
File: 1707564502632708.png (227 KB, 1501x108)
227 KB
227 KB PNG
>>1246640
did you watch your own video? this just means an AI crewed connie or corsair will be identical to a human crewed one if you hire high skill NPCs (which CIG said are expensive)
we also don't know how many AI you can recruit or how rare good AI are, you may only find pajeet tier shitter crewmen and only rarely find someone who can even sorta control a few other wrench turning monkeys, but they're extortionately expensive and want a third of your profits or something
>>
>>1246680
this also ignores the fact that you can just take your human crewed ship and break it into several partial AI partial human ships, and we're back to square one except now you're getting raped by 4 fully crewed connies instead of one
having AI crew expecting an hourly salary also means you constantly need to be making money or you run into the red, even if you're just sitting there they still want their 15$ an hour, while having a few friends instead would mean your margins are way more lax since they'd only want to get paid if you actually make money
>>
>>1246681
>>1246680
Turkish slavery

gg ez no re
>>
File: 1712203813676650.png (68 KB, 267x278)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>polaris with all five turrets slaved to the pilot
>>
>if the fun that one person can have isn't divided between 16 people it's not an mmo
I hate this fucking mentality.
>>
File: 1704077649795021.png (267 KB, 706x540)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>1246694
Bitches just mad about my Bagel carrier crewed exclusively by castrated Kr’Thak femboys. Go ahead call Twayng Kray he can't save you.
>>
>>1246702
sorry faglordio chris needs to sell more connies
>>
File: 1708617803117070.jpg (46 KB, 709x463)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1246573
>To add to this if your ideal endgame in an MMO is just boring busy work that nobody wants to do your game is going to fucking die.
Are you serious
Did you not read/hear/watch the literal decade of CR saying shit like "yeah we want people to load their own luggage and file insurance claims"
One of the most hyped up parts of 3.23 is a glorified FedEx distribution center
>>
>>1246806
> load their own luggage and file insurance claims
Yeah I click the button twice
>One of the most hyped up parts of 3.23 is a glorified FedEx distribution center
You mean the bomb crater?
>>
File: 1708829506687721.png (323 KB, 675x703)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>1246810
>Yeah I click the button twice
Anon, the insurance claim terminal is a contrivance. That's not the way it's going to operate in the finished game.

Chris wants you to feel immersed in the world. That's why, for example, every single space port has a TSA screening device. You're meant to wait in line, get scanned for weapons and pass through like normal people do today.

You thought insurance claims would be easy, motherfucker? No, you're filling out forms.
>>
File: 1705170849839644.png (2.75 MB, 1820x1024)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB PNG
>>1246813
No thanks 500 year old boomer lichlord, I'll just hit my phone twice to file a claim like the YouTube advertisements tell me I can "it's as easy as that."

I am fully immersed.
>>
>>1246573
or make some fucking friends you goddamn loser not every MMO is an automated party making raid wowslop piece of trash
>>
>>1246830
Go join discord if you wanna groom children, pedo.

I wanna play an mmo video game that's fun.
>>
>>1245009
>in the current game.
I bought in back in 2016 and I've probably logged less than 100 hours, I'm basically waiting for "full release" if that ever happens, just occasionally grabbing a ship or upgrade while not spending too much, and occasionally trying the game for a bit, but not playing consistently enough to prioritize things because they're better in current game than hypothetical release.
Last time I looked at SC was IAE in 2022 when I melted my old non-LTI aurora package and grabbed the LTI cutter package.

I think between the two I'd upgrade to the Rambler, double the radar (and scanning, whatever that entails and whenever that releases) vs 1.5x fuel capacity with improved hab and amenities. Is the Rambler expected to get increased internal storage over the other two at some point or is the extra storage for long trips entirely within the weapons and suit racks? Who needs that many pistols? One man starter ship with 3x rifles, 2x heavies, and 9x pistol/tools?

I'll check for availability during IAE 2024.

I just saw the Zeus ES which looks cool and at 1-3 crew it allows for solo or my group which is normally 3 people, so I might upgrade something to that at some point once it's playable and I can see how it compares to what I've got. If data running comes out and I don't like it then I'd get rid of the herald, if it can be comfortably flown solo I might upgrade the cutter to it. Cutter and Herald are solo only and Corsair feels very empty + you lose the manned turrets when flying it solo, so having a ship that can be used solo or group would be nice.
If the zeus had released before or around the corsair I might have gotten it instead, as it was I had a hard time deciding between the corsair and the mercury
>>
>>1246838
>I wanna play an MMO video game that's fun
>but alone
>massively multiplayer online video game
>alone
RETARD!
>>
>>1246846
Rambler will have less storage, not more. Internal storage is sacrificed on the two variants to make room for specialized stuff. Suit lockers will be genuinely useful as a lot of stuff will be unusable while piloting, so an environment or combat suit will need a locker or you gotta ride in the cuck chair in the back. Scanning isn't really in yet but the Scout is better for exploration and prospecting with a purpose while the Rambler is better for long hauling, living out of your ship, or just wandering aimlessly.
>>
>>1246873
>Rambler will have less storage, not more
I'm not talking about the cargo hold SCU, I know it loses 2 SCU compared to base. I mean the wall locker with like 650k microSCU in the hab compartment. Or are you saying that it's (going to) have less there than the base version?
>>
>>1246894
Oh yeah, dunno. The real gamer play for storage on ships is gonna be just tossing 1/6th SCU hand crates in the corner and throwing shit in them, or bolting full size 2SCU containers in the cargo space for a huge volume of inventory space.
>>
>>1246936
Okay, I guess its storage comes down to how much space is saved by having the weapons & suits on the racks as opposed to going in the stowage and if the food processor actually works to provide food & drink.
If they ever work and aren't just for looks I guess the drake style food processors are gonna be something along the lines of a dispenser for nutrient paste from a tank that can be refilled at stations and maybe from canisters you can buy and stow, giving you a dedicated storage space for non-perishable food so you don't need to use stowage on random fruits and snacks you loot to stay alive for extended periods, freeing up that room for actual loot or gear.

Have they mentioned shipboard food at all, food processors or kitchens?
>>
>>1246960
Suits are super bulky and take up a ton of space, and suit lockers will probably have other bonuses like refilling your suit oxygen/power etc and making it faster to don/doff

I don't think so, but I think you're right, and dispensers will just be a more efficient way of storing and serving food. Maybe it just completely fills your hunger/thirst instantly or something in exchange for being eaten on the spot.
>>
>>1246964
>Maybe it just completely fills your hunger/thirst instantly or something in exchange for being eaten on the spot.
Then you'd still need bottled water and snacks for walking away from the ship, which would be kind of 2 steps forward 1 step back. I'd hope it can be used to fill a reusable container, something like a vacuum flask bottle or a toothpaste tube thing, that way you can bring some of those along to fill for when you leave the ship.

I expect the drawbacks would be it not being the most efficient food at % restored per volume consumed when compared to other stuff and it probably tastes terrible which doesn't apply to players but the bot crew "happiness" (if that's still planned to be a thing) would drop if they have to eat this instead of real food.
>>
>>1246871
I'm not alone, I have all the people I kill around Seraphim
>>
File: 1712607466604893.gif (849 KB, 220x220)
849 KB
849 KB GIF
>>1246699
>solo crew the fucking thing
>just go down and load four more torps whenever the ones in the tubes are whooshed forth
>armored suit in the hallway with a gatling laser and railgun awaiting anyone that manages to board your dumb ass
you know i'm gonna do it to 'em
>>
>>1246699
>polaris with all five turrets slaved to the pilot
Anjin-dono... I degoza
>>
>>1247283
>implying I'd try to fight you after boarding
Solo in a big ship?
I'd just benny hill that shit until you're forced to commit to doing something else then start breaking things.
>un-loads your torps
>opens your hanger door
>dumps your souvenirs out the airlock during qt
>launches your escape pods (empty)
>dumps your cargo
Good luck catching up to me in your heavy armor.
>>
>>1247540
If the AI is dogshit you just attack the tin can with ballistics until Mr han solo has to whip out the fire extinguisher and play permanent grease monkey.

Only way crewing a ship solo will be effective is if NPC AI is available.
I doubt the NPC AI will be as effective as players especially in PVP as long as they give them the same tools as the player without any bullshit exploits and incur some sort of cost proportional to their skill level which encourages recruiting real players instead.
A lot of tasks in the game are tedious and boring, would be nice to assign simple mundane shit that players do not enjoy doing to NPCs.

Watching NPC worker bees going about their business on your ship would add to the immersion, as long as it does not break balance, serves a tangible purpose, and is not simply decorative.
I dislike most rule of cool shit in the game and decorative assets like water bottles and food that I cannot interact with especially if they are on your own bloody ship. I am hoping they are all placeholder and not the final state.
>>
>because it's an MMO you should need a crew of 16 to change a lightbulb
Why are carebears like this?
>>
>I should be allowed to do everything myself and not have to interact with anyone in this Massively Multiplayer Online game
Why are autists and sociopaths like this?
>>
>>1247751
You where that kid on the playground that screeched
>you're playing to wrong
weren't you?
>>
>>1247762
More like you were the one who wanted to hog all the lego to themselves and cried when they couldn't build the big model that the group of 10 did.
>>
>>1247764
Are you projecting now anon?
>>
>>1247766
Why would I be projecting? I have a nice large group of friends who play this >game and welcome the opportunity for group play. I'm not the one kicking and screaming because I have to interact with other people in a game where the visionary intends for others to interact with each other.
>verification not required
>>
>>1247769
You seem pretty upset I think I've struck a nerve; you should save this for your therapist.
>>
>>1247773
Lotta projection coming through here, you sure you don't want to see someone? Talk through it?
>>
>>1247773
Cope seethe mald dilate
Check em
>>
>>1247776
>>1247777
>samefagging
>n-no you
This isn't healthy anon, this rage you have.
>>
File: 1692534808019105.png (360 KB, 449x401)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>1247778
>he keeps going
Oh no no no no
Surely you have better things to do, like making some friends?
>>
>>1247793
>a-actually I-I'm just b-baiting
Get well soon anon.
>>
>>1247804
The doctor will see you now, anon. Your meds are ready.
>>
>>1247762
>I want to play an MMO alone and have group play options dumbed down to single player only
You are so fucking retarded
>>
>>1247807
>>1247850
are you okay dude?
>>
File: 1691156276943085.png (469 KB, 999x1687)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
Nice melty, anyways you will never own an f7a mk2.
>>
>>1247870
Why would anyone go through all that busywork just for the "privilege" of blowing $200 on a jpeg?
>>
>>1247878
They really like hornets? They aren't as poor as you are? They know how to ccu game or have just ccu'd their existing hornet?

Tis a mystery to us all.
>>
File: IMG_0873.jpg (63 KB, 700x341)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
This game needs more windows in the space stations. Why the fuck is there only big window in the lobby? There should be a whole ass viewing canopy like an air control tower that lets you get an overview of the whole station and all of the ships coming in and out.
>>
>>1247777
checked
>>
>>1247870
>pay 200$ plus tip for a reduced range, reduced agility medium fighter that isn't even close to meta in MM test
>>
>>1248005
>>1247878
Okay who's the dumbass paying $200? It's 175 credit or 165 outright in worst case and the upgrade token to the f7a mk 2 is free.
>>
I bought a f8c lightning for full price
>>
>>1248080
Hopefully you're at spk shooting vacant ships and people on the pads all day with your kind, as Chris intended.
>>
after some reflection I decided I don't give a fuck about the hornet.
I got a f7c upgrade token for my current Razor LX, itself just waiting for to be upgraded to sometime, I like the look of the F7A but I dont think I actually want to play one around much, my interest lies mostly in the mid sized and larger ships, partly because they are IMO cooler/more sci-fi but also because I am 35 and slower than I used to be an I dont think single seat fighters are really my best bet anymore. I can still beat people 1v1 most of the time in fighters but Im enjoying it less as time goes on. Ive been trying to motivate myself to do these missions for the A token but I just dont have entusiasm for it.
>>
>>1248012
unironically europeans because lmao VAT
>>
>>1247990
with how fucking big the stations are we shouldnt be waking up in fucking pods, we shud have actual rooms with windows
>>
>>1248156
imo the pods should be the baseline cheapest places to stay and the closest to the hangars (ground spaceports should have them too btw) but you should have the option to rent or own a nicer place if you want.
>>
>>1247990
As I understand it from CIG's perspective, performance concerns are the big factor in why stations don't have an abundance of windows everywhere.

When you look out a space station's window, your client and the server have to stream in the room you're in, the planet outside (if it's an orbital station), all the ships coming in and out, and for the larger ships with windows, you're also streaming in that interior room with the other players inside said ship. Vice versa for those inside the ships.

Right now, we only have 100 player-cap servers for the 1 system, but theoretically, in a server-mesh future, there could be hundreds of players landing, taking off, and running around just inside 1 station at any given time. The more that's going on in and around the station, the more work your client and the server have to do.
>>
What kind of events are going on? I heard something about something called xenothreat? Can I get permanent rewards from it?
>>
File: XT.jpg (793 KB, 1680x720)
793 KB
793 KB JPG
>>1248426
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1/thread/overdrive-initiative-faq

Rewards are a free F7C Mk II > F7A Mk II upgrade kit, regardless if you currently own the ship or not, and a medium Xenothreat armour set (pic rel).
>>
>>1248440
>free F7C Mk II > F7A Mk II upgrade kit
Oh nice, I don't have a dedicated fighter in my hanger yet. Is this LTI or what?
>>
>>1248443
I don't believe the upgrade kit will make the ship LTI. The F7C is currently on sale with 6 months insurance, so you'd have to CCU anything else with LTI to the F7C, if you care about insurance anyways. Not confirmed, but they might sell the F7C with 10 year insurance this upcoming Invictus event.
>>
>>1248445
It doesn't matter to me if it's the f7c or the f7a, if the c comes with LTI and upgrading lost it, I'd keep the c.
Oh well, even without insurance, a free fighter is still free fighter. Means I won't have to go out and buy one at the start.
>>
>>1248476
Upgrades never downgrade your insurance. The thing from the event isn't a free ship either, you still have to pay the $175 for an F7C MkII, you just earn the upgrade from that to an F7A MkII.
>>
>>1248476
It's not a free fighter, its a free military upgrade kit for an existing fighter that you need to own (again, you don't need to own the ship now for the reward). You can hold onto upgrade kit, and in the 1.0 future hopefully you should be able to apply that upgrade to an in-game bought F7C Mk II when theres no more database wipes.
>>
Oh I misread it. I thought it was a free F7C mk2 AND an upgrade kit, like different tiers of rewards based on progress.
>>
>>1248281
easily handwaved by polarizing the outside of windows universally. you can can see out but the outside would doesn't see in. Makes complete lore sense as well since any station that orbits OR SHIP WINDSCREEN CIG!! is going to be periodically exposed to direct intense sunlight without the shielding of atmosphere.

Literally every window on a station or ship should have a polarized coating so that people are not blinded if they happen to point at the sun. Maybe its a toggle on ships but something like a station window should just be polarized like astronaut helmets are.
>>
How come I have a drake buccaneer? I don't own one and none of my ships are loaners.
>>
>>1248582
do you own a drake ship bigger than a cutlass? they all come with a free buccaneer loaner, including the vulture
>>
>>1248623
Oh okay, I thought loaners were only given out if your ship wasn't flight ready.
>>
>>1248632
nah, they also get given if you own a larger ship so you can participate in Arena Commander
with other manufacturers you get an Arrow
>>
>>1248635
>with other manufacturers you get an Arrow
There are a few other options as well, a bunch of ships get an F7C or F7CM and the Origins all get 325As.
>>
>>1247990
This is true , what >>1248281 is saying doesn't really add up to what the game does. The game still renders the ships outside, you can see this when you glitch through the station or the fall out an elevator, or if someone slams into it, how you can see the debris glitch inside it and hear it outside
>>
>>1248281
Unironically that's why the 400i is always getting broken.
>>
File: AAUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.jpg (121 KB, 1690x1411)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>it's a "youtuber makes a video talking about the new features without showing anything but his face for 30 minutes" episode
>>
File: 1712689481629266.png (89 KB, 370x352)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
le no progress tracker updates for the last five months faec
>>
3.23 is now open to wave 1 PTU.
>>
>>1249647
I don't know what that means
>>
How do the physics in this game work?
I assume you don't get to just move at uncapped velocities or >~5% the speed of light outside some special FTL meme, but do they have real orbits at least? Or is everything just inexplicably slow like 99% of garbo scifi games?
>>
>>1249735
lol.....
>>
>>1249714
the new patch is available on the pre-pre-testing mode which is extra broken, available for the low price of concierge status ($1000) or subscribing for $10-20 a month
>>
So uh 3.23 is pretty impressive the little bit I've gotten, feels like I'm playing a completely different game. The UI, new lods, and sound design are very noticeable.
>>
>>1249753
What about the clouds
>>
>>1249753
How's the FPS?
>>
>>1249770
looks a bit better but honestly not much change I'm only running on high at the moment.
>>1249790
hard to say so far had to clear the shader cache to get the mouse to function, so it's pretty choppy atm. I haven't tried Vulcan yet you have to edit the setting manually in the user folder.
>>
>>1249753
Is the atmospheric flight model in?
>>
>>1249869
I can't wait for non-spaceplanes to be absolute garbage to fly in atmo. I wonder how my corsair will feel? :^)
>>
>>1249869
No, I can say that back when I was looking at the flight controllers while datamining an earlier 3.23 you could see that they had a bunch of new modifiers like angle of attack and control surfaces. However, they were turned off and all seemingly placeholder values.
>>
Remember when we thought pyro was gonna release soon because they gave waves of paypigs access to it back in October?
Lol
>>
huh they changed the super hornet's chin turret, it's now smoll and slim
>>
>>1249883
No. They were always pretty clear that Pyro would only come after server meshing.
>>
>>1249885
good
>>
>freelancer has 3 s2 shields now
hehehe yes
>>
>>1249737
Don't get a physics degree kids; it just makes you mald at everyone and everything ;~;
>>
>>1249984
it was "okay" before but they're making it pretty shit
could become less shit but i wouldn't count on it
>>
File: 1686769346240562.jpg (447 KB, 1800x1207)
447 KB
447 KB JPG
>engineering is real
do you need to be a sub paypig to try it today?
>>
>>1249975
w-what? s-sauce?
>>
>>1249995
uh bro your legatus?
>>
File: 1703471134574863.jpg (65 KB, 640x427)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>1249995
Im $60 5 years ago pack enjoyer
>>
Where do you go to sign up for the PTU? Is there some kind of dollar requirement? I bet there is. Is $385 enough?
>>
>play EPTU
>Server frame rates 8 fps
>Client keeps crashing
>Slide show level game
>Elevators not working
>Prison shuttles merging into each other
>New nav mode flight model is retarded
>Keep crashing to desktop
>Chat window is so shitty now that it defaults to the LAST thing said on your list rather than the first thing
>Laggy s fuck
>NPCs glitching and shit rubber banding everywhere
>Cut features
Star shitizen everyone.
>>
>>1250191
>play EPTU
There's your problem.
>>
heh, to all those whining about the c2's maneuverability, it now has the same maneuverability stats as an 890J
>>
>>1250361
qrd? Did the Hercs finally get whacked with the nerf bat?
>>
>>1250488
Yeah they're bloated whales now, 600i has the exact same stats as the 890j too and the lighting changes broke the cockpit glass so you're half blind.

Big ships are super work in progress clearly but the herc stats look like they've been actively tuned.

Lighting also got smacked but the huge damage of singes and mass drivers at size 2 and size 3 makes it still meta.
>>
File: 1705354947789265.jpg (51 KB, 844x884)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>1250493
Nice, I always hated how agile the Hercs in particular were, compared to similar ships like the Caterpillar. Also I'm kinda surprised how WIP big ships sound like - it's not like CIG didn't think MM through for anything other than fighters....
>>
Saber is currently the worst fighter in mm at the moment, fragile like a light fighter but with less maneuverability, dps, and survivability than a hornet
>>
>>1250514
Shame.
I like the Saber
>>
>all the planets and moon are rendered everywhere so as you hop from planet to planet you can watch the planet get closer
cool
>>
Ah I see why vehicles aren't in with the hangars model yet, vehicles in the EPTU are teleporting around and near completely undrivable
>>
File: 1693610052213647.jpg (44 KB, 627x767)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
nice to see CIG is getting ready for asmongold audience with the new flight system
>>
File: 345621.png (77 KB, 875x716)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>1249748
>wave 1 PTU
>concierge status ($1000)
>>1250078
PAY UP NIGGERS
>>
>>1250719
I like the disconnect between
>spend a down payment on a home on pixel ships
or
>be a subscriber
>>
>ship weapon balance pass they've supposedly been cooking for several years has some brazenly overpowered shit for no reason
>spectrum retards shitting and pissing about the ship archetypes not been finished yet and their 600i handles bad now, still no shield/component balance pass in sight
>engineering test mode still allows you to kill ships by shooting hull, components are just added extras
>ISC was boring as shit this week
>no meshing tests in ages
Let's admit it scgbros... elite gamers were right all along...
>>
>>1250940
https://files.catbox.moe/atd2rb.mp4
>>
>>1250839
I like how boomer faggots like you somehow okay with the idea of "pay to Early Access, even when you already paid for the game".

kys nigger
>>
>>1250987
media literacy
>>
>PropagateExplosionDamageToChildren
dude wtf???
>>
>>1251114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgunjm9pJ-s
>>
File: 1700807374166344.png (914 KB, 813x672)
914 KB
914 KB PNG
not so fast citizen!
>>
>>1251193
ladderniggers get bent
fly a weel ship
>>
>>1249885
Damn, I checked and you're right but it also doesn't attach properly to the Mk2 now, hopefully that gets fixed before live. (Though I guess pretty much everybody with an F7C Mk2 is gonna have an F7A by then anyway.)
>>
>>1251203
god those wing guns fucking suck
>>
>>1251208
anvil bros wwgd
>>
>>1250694
QRD?
>>
is 3.23 stable enough to enjoy playing with the new things?
>>
>>1251378
No
>>
>>1251208
The guns themselves or the way they mount? I run AD4s on mine in Live.
>>
>>1251425
the way they mount, they need to be closer to the center hull really badly
>>
>>1251427
Ah, yeah. I don't think they can be, though, if they were any closer they'd hit the main hull when the wings fold back. Really the ideal would be to tuck them under the hull itself, which would give it better convergence too, but I'm not sure there's enough clearance there.
>>
File: vacation_giga.png (710 KB, 621x697)
710 KB
710 KB PNG
>>1251427
I agree, wings seem to get blown off easily. But the hornet is a fucking blast to fly. However for longevity it's the vanguard chad series, specifically the warden is what I'm going to operation pitchfork in. It's got space for drinks, food, a turret bro seat, space for rescuing ejected hornet bros and a bathroom so no one craps their pants. Plus a bed for me and my future space girlfriend (yet to be found)
>>
>>1251337
you can snipe shit from like 4-5km
>>
Can you still get the f7a upgrade kit?
>>
>>1251835
Yes. You have a week left to complete all the Overdrive phases to earn the upgrade kit. They did also confirm the overdrive event will be back at a later date.
>>
>Rewards will be distributed once XenoThreat is defeated, in May.
lol
>>
Phase 5 is a box mission. Hardest enemy is the bug that makes the box disappear. Have fun.
>>
>>1252066
second biggest enemy is that it's 1 mission per server and one shitter can hold it down for 8+ hours
>>
>it's the easy, chill, cooldown mission
>it's the worst most stressful mission
lol lmao even
>>
File: 1682166178671392.png (431 KB, 559x450)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>you can't complete phase 5
>>
>>1252137
r34?
>>
>>1252157
xir that's a mii
>>
>>1252137
Tfw server hopped for 3 hours straight until a chill dude shared it.

>BRAVO CIG
>>
why isn't this thread popular enough to be in /vg/ if there are millions people playing this game?
>>
>>1253067
those 'millions' are redditors
we'll return to vg one day, lots of oldfags from that day still around
>>
File: authenticationless.png (109 KB, 274x478)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>1253067
>>
>>1253067
Inshallah we shall reclaim our rightful place on /vg/ through jihad against those infidel gacha threads.
Give it a year or two and I'm sure we will have enough gameplay (or waifufagging) technology that we can hold a place near the bottom of /vg/
>>
>>1253067
there aren't millions there are a few thousand
loads of people have accounts but never play
>>
>>1253067
SC hype goes in cycles and it became impossible for us to survive the slow periods once /vg/ became dominated by waifu games that fill multiple threads to the bump limit every day.
>>
File: RSI_Launcher_BV220bKNnY.jpg (558 KB, 2880x1800)
558 KB
558 KB JPG
>>1253476
They really need to have a /gacha/ board or some shit. /vm/ is where the vast majority of games I play live now and it sucks because a lot of people still don't even know about this board.
Btw this new launcher is dope af frfr.
>>
it sounds like MM is fucking garbage and has a ton of major deficiencies, anyone here have access?
>>
>>1253529
My ships definitely felt different but I'm too much of a brainlet to discuss it in any useful capacity. The tier lists are definitely gonna change.
>>
>>1253529
>>1253533
apparently they finally implemented input delay but I'm playing on twitch
>>
>>1253529
>anyone here have access?
I do but I haven't really played yet, I fly HOSAS+Pedals and I'm dreading having to redo all my bindings for the new stuff. Might try tonight, I need to play SC anyway since I'm way behind on Overdrive.
>>
>>1253597
What do the pedals add to your setup? Also can you provide your hardware? I've been considering HOSAS for a while now.
>>
>>1253599
Dual VKB Gladiator-Ks (basically the older version of the current NXTs) and VKB Mk4 pedals. I use the pedals for forward and back strafe, which means I don't have to use the twist on my aiming stick which helps with accuracy (I have pitch and yaw on the right stick, and then roll on left twist and up/down and left/right on the obvious axes) and it's more comfortable to hold a pedal down when cruising instead of keeping a stick held forward.
>>
>>1253634
Interesting. Saved I'll probably copy your setup sounds nice. Thanks anon.
>>
>>1253509
/vmg/ exists
but like /vm/ its not a 'generals' board so its not exactly convincing them to migrate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMOEyN1sUY
>>
File: demo.webm (1.43 MB, 480x270)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB WEBM
>>1253599
different anon, I use pedals as well you don't really need them since twist on sticks is enough but I hate using twist because axis isolation is harder and I am used to using pedals for flight sims
I have a hosasat setup but don't use the throttle currently unless playing flight sims, I only use twist on my left axis for vertical thrust and have it angled to feel like a throttle the right stick twist axis is locked

I find Pedals great as a turret gunner, I use the pedals to rotate as much as I want and the pitch axis on my stick to aim up/down
Used to play mouse only for turret gunnery but with pedals and stick it feels so much nicer because you can rotate indefinitely without swiping the mouse constantly
I also have a lever axis on a control panel that sets the rotation sensitivity level (axis multiplier using python in Joystick gremlin)

If you want to get into more advanced fine tuning later on install vjoy, joystick gremlin, and learn how to create your own scripts in python Learning curve is a little steep though
I experimented a fair bit with it
>Signal generator for mining laser (it was cool but didn't end up using it)
>6dof bias enable/disable (roll,pitch,yaw, x/y/z thrust) (end up using this one for docking and 6dof cruise control even in decoupled mode)
>Axis locking (I can disable all axes and flash lights on the sticks red, used when docking usually or to prevent accidental input in certain situations like waiting for cargo to fill up on a hull-C)
>Axis multipliers: used for inputs proportional to a current value, example for speed&accel limiters I have one axis that sets the desired max value and the spring grips are a % value proportional to the current speed/accel limit set so I can make fine adjustments and when I release the grip axis the limiter returns to its max position. (mostly useful for smooth landings and take offs)
Also use axis multipliers for thrust and and rotation final axis output useful for manual docking and coupled mode
>>
>>1254264
needs a doorway or elevator to the exterior so you can pickup players from the exposed landing pads outside without waiting on ATC
>>
>>1253809
Rules just need to be enforced where no gacha games are allowed on /vg/. Also /vmg/ may apply to some gacha games but not all of them are inherently mobile.
>>
>>1254758
The pocket jannies embedded in the usual suspects won't allow it, that would cost them status on the discord.
>>
Bros, I haven't played in 6+ months and I'm excited to check out 3.23. Is it worth playing right now before it comes out or should I just be patient and wait for the patch to drop?
>>
>>1255347
Its been a very rough wave 1 so far, so i'd sit out on this PTU and wait for the live release.
>>
>>1255350
Ok, thanks. And I'm guessing it's definitely not worth playing LIVE atm to scratch my itch right?
>>
>>1255361
It's up to you if you want to do the Overdrive event that's currently happening on Live or abuse the fact that salvage pays out big time. For me personally, I've reached my limit with 3.22 and the flash-based Mobi and refuse to ever go back.
>>
mm is good unironically
>>
going fast is always better than going slow.
infact you can measure fun in m/s
>>
File: e65.gif (887 KB, 500x280)
887 KB
887 KB GIF
>>1255347
Wait another week at least, or until this shit hits live. I'm pretty retarded backer and play alot but this patch is complete shit right now server side is fucking trash and you get like 4 to 8 server fps. Plus there seems to be a memory leak. Fun times are not being had
>>
Does this game have any rewards like armor or guns etc? So far all I've seen are credits and things that lead to the actual real money store. I was looks my for faction missions or something that give armor but it's all credits ATM
>>
>>1256731
as mission rewards? no. you can get rare shit in chest while doing other shit though
>>
>>1256731
Probably won't be for a long time
All missions can be shared, and there isn't much in-game unique items nor reason for them to exist
I could see information as mission rewards though, like unlock codes or location coordinates
>>
>>1252225
challenge accepted
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (8 KB, 213x237)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1256544
mmm delishass bennys
>>
>>1256731
That kind of stuff is planned to be rewards for reputation grind. Like, if you get reputation with whatever faction high enough, they will equip you with their best unique armor. That kind of shit will be in the game closer to 1.0 though.
>>
File: t3_64npx7.jpg (233 KB, 1920x1080)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
What are the chances of a T8A Gladiator Mark II?
The hornet does nothing for me but Ive always loved the glad and would like a "Cleaner" more modern take on it. With less hobbins fins.
>>
>>1257871
>What are the chances of a T8A Gladiator Mark II?
How about they just rework the fucking thing, instead of selling a better version? SQ42 ship btw.
>>
>>1257878
I know what you mean but a rework is unlikely to change as much as Id like, I'd like to see a new hull in the same style. If they'd do a total rebuild like that then sure, but desu I suspect they wont and the glad hull needs more than an update pass, it needs rebuilding. Like get rid of that retarded entry system that wastes the entire fore-end of the ship on a chair lift-hole For starters. Its a bit of a stretch but you could even give it a third, optional, seat and a belly turret, to more accurately mimic theTBF avenger its supposed to be.

My point is I'd be willing to pay ~$200(Or a ~$40 ccu) for a Gladiator+ Light bomber rather than just get a free upgrade pass on the glad that leave its flaws intact.
>>
>>1257871
The ship is so tossed to the wayside, they might as well delete it at this point. Best you can hope for is a total rework like the Mustangs.... but when? lmao could be after the big RSI ships are done (Polaris, Galaxy & Perseus), but until then, nobody knows.
>>
>>1254464
i was just parking a fury outside so i could load it into the reclaimer as an emergency spare vehicle and then had to find a way back in.. worked out ok
>>
>>1257871
i love the gladiator, i used it for phase 2, and i got a nice torp hit on an HH that disabled it, it had a MASSIVE circle of blasted hull around the engineering/cargo area
i think the looks are perfect, my only annoyance is the retarded 999 moving parts legs
>>
>>1257878
>>1257908
every ship doesnt have to be fucking meta/godtier, stop this shit
>>
>>1257871
missile ships are terrible solo but fantastic when used in conjunction with other fighters in a group because they can just keep constant pressure on enemy ships
>>
>>1257941
No. But they at least need to be functional, and the Gladiator isn’t.
>>
>>1258089
it is very functional, stop trying to solo VHRTs in the gladiator
>>
>>1240693
mental retardation
I want to fly my Kraken with 20 friends
>>
AHEM
[SPOILER]niggers[/SPOILER]
>>
CR found the thread
>>
I think the anti-MM side has lost pretty soundly at this point. It's been impressive watching them flounder about completely destroying their credibility by attempting to memespout about MM in ways that reveal they haven't even played MM.

I have absolutely no idea why they're crying so hard rn.
>>
>>1258458
It's literally just A1 being a fucking nigger and wanting to enforce his LF meta. Shitcunt is mad that you can't pipwiggle anymore and that thrustvectoring/trichording is gone.

Watch these spineless fucking worms squeal like stuck pigs when actual armors gets implemented and their S1 and 2s simply plink off of ships like HH and Perseus.
>>
>>1258463
>A1 is raging
>look at A1's youtube
>"Master Modes is good and here's why"
>>
File: shrug.gif (85 KB, 498x395)
85 KB
85 KB GIF
>>1258458
>I have absolutely no idea why they're crying so hard rn.
Par for the course when it comes to spectrum with big game changes, and its pathetic really. It's boils down to people latching onto a narrative started up by overreacting spectrum users and doomsayers, then it devolves into arguments about arguments. I agree 100% that most who bitch and complain don't play MM while simultaneously coming to the conclusion that the sky is falling.

Give it a month or two after 3.23 goes live and people will forget why they were even mad in the first place, then find something else to doomspiral about.
>>
>>1258468
He was raging early on, but since realized that MM is not going away and is a fact of life. He has to conform and adapt if he wants to make money off SC youtube grifting.
>>
>>1258592
I mean, he was *always* in video saying "yeah okay but it has some issues"
even on the podcast with Yogi he was saying that and Yogi largely agreed with everything, and revealed the only reason speeds haven't increased is because it's coming from above- speeds won't increase unless there's no other option or something along those lines
>>
File: e2qDGVs.png (156 KB, 2240x1178)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>1240925
>>1240980
>>1240983
>>
>>1258458
they want attention
MM is a very good improvement and there's no argument against it beyond specific ships being imbalanced
>>
File: Chad pepe.jpg (496 KB, 2000x2300)
496 KB
496 KB JPG
Looking for a gaming guild:

1) You must be an American straight naturally born male 18-50(age) only guild. No exceptions.
2) The guild leader and inner circle (officers, best friends, long time members) must not be upper-middle class IRL earners.
3) You have to be okay with being a constant target of cancel culture for housing me within your guild. So no weak leaders who cave into peer pressure from rando's outside the guild.
4) If your guild has mandatory try hard raid shit that's fine cause I'm a NEET youtuber who can make any and all times with no life obligations or family.
5) I'd like a guild that does fun, trolley, lulzy shit too, not just "kill the dragon get loot" kinda shit.
6) Your guild must not contain members of the military, police, government, or schooling professions.
7) You must be okay with me creating youtube content from guild activities. No I won't record your voice or anything for public viewing.
8) You must be okay with entire large guilds declaring absolute war and total destruction on you for the mere fact you allowed me into your guild. Expect to aggro some very heavy hitters in whatever game you play. I have a very bad rep with left wingers and trannies.
9) You have to allow freedom of speech. Nothing that breaks discords rules of course, but I will not tolerate someone telling me that I cannot say certain words over voice chat or talk about certain topics.
10) You must be okay with someone who harbors extreme hatred towards nearly everything.
11) No one in the guild who creates content can be friends with the left, LGBTQ shitters. This is treason.
12) You must be in it for the LONG term. As in, a life-long guild that plays multiple games and not just one fucking thing then everyone quits when that game dies.

I can elaborate if you need me to.
>>
>>1259067
Id also like to join such a guild but im on vacation until June
>>
File: 1685623417398455.jpg (10 KB, 240x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>your personal hangar is gonna be only as big as your biggest ship
>you cant upgrade it, only sometime in future updates
ok so whats the cheapest large pad ship
>>
>>1259227
what did you not win a FREE reclaimer?

:^)
>>
[Lumi News]
Lumi's puffy vulva is visible on stram
>>
>>1259285
based gumitard
>>
>>1259067
You can elaborate with your youtube so I can see if your content is worth a damn.
>>
I have a 890 so I am good
>>
>>1259227
Where did they say that?
I should get a revel and york hangar then.
>>
>>1259424
todays livestream, its was about why no personal hangars in .0 patch
>>
>>1250987
These are extra broken, they want more people that actually test, the store citizens are just tourists that want to see the new features as soon as possible and fuck off, waste of a slot.

The subscriber shit is just marketing putting their grubby hands on the game to find any excuse to increase profits not anywhere near as egregious as the overdrive initiative pitch which was later corrected by adding a non ship sale related participation reward.

The last wave is more for load testing prior to the live release.
>>
They should have linked the achievements to your RSI account and displayed a green tick for each mission you have fully completed.
>>
>>1259410
Has to be buzzcutpsycho. Pretty funny old school vids in ps2. Ran into him a few times in sc. People hate the vibe, but they forget they are in open pvp.
>>
>>1259067
What a retarded fucking gorilla nigger you are. Guarantee this lipsmacking swarthy nigger is just a peculiar buck that wants his ass destroyed by massah.
>>
>>1259424
>I should get a revel and york hangar then.
The size isn't determined by those hangar items included in starter packs like revel & york and self-land, those were specifically for the old and now removed Hangar module.
>>
File: 3.23 price increase.png (598 KB, 893x639)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
this shit cannot be real ffs
Nice one chris, raise the prices in game so we all buy from the pledge store.
>>
>>1259716
Ahhh right, that guys got some dogshit takes when it comes to the flight model and pvp performance, blacklisted.
>>
>>1260240
You got the full list? Curious as to how much small ships like the Aurora and Medical Pisces increased.
>>
File: 3.23 price increase.png (3.07 MB, 893x3341)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB PNG
>>1260398
there you go
Please sign my name on the Chris Roberts thank you card
>>
>>1260456
>Aurora ES went from 125k to 672k
>C8R went from 920k to only 468k
>Dragonfly went up from 270k to 409k
Bro why are these prices so all over the fucking place? Also 110m creds with the current credit gain is gonna be a major fucking pain, holy shit. They seriously need to up uec rewards.
>>
>>1260456
>>1260240
This is ancient news at this point, how did you guys miss the entire isc on it months ago?
>>
>>1260240
how is this bad?, you want to buy a fucking 890 after a weekend of doing VHRTs???
buying a ship is a long term investment, and some ships allow you to make more money exponentially, save for a fucking HullC and start making 10 million per trip or something
>>
>>1260461
>Also 110m creds with the current credit gain is gonna be a major fucking pain
let me guess, you only do VHRTs? what would you want an 890 for in your line of job?
>>
not that any of that matters since the data will not persist, quanta/economy is not in, reselling ships/trade-in is not in, etc. things that will provide new income paths
>>
>>1260240
I think the UEC prices will double by 1.0 release
>>
>>1260461
>>1260673
boggles the mind how people think that random low level missions should quickly get them a 300m long luxury yacht. because ?????

Stuff like the 890 is supposed to be rare and be a display of conspicuous opulence, not a thing that every random rock hopper has in his hangar collecting dust. The Prospector-haver or the Freelance bounty hunter's "fancy" vessel target is a 400 or a 600. something like an 890 is what you think about buying when your corporate officer or a successful large scale cargo mover. Like you buy a jump with the profits from your Hull-D once you have so much money that you can blow a hundred million credits on a functionless ponce-barge and not really feel it.

Buying a 20 man crew luxury yacht and flying it around solo or blowing literally all your money on a ship that doenst make more money is just stupid.
>>
>>1260933
>0933
>tfw my post number is the hull number of the serial stamp polaris that I melted
>>
>>
New features from 3.23 onwards forcing you to group up with people on larger multi crew ships is fine, the problem is it hard to get people to join you in the first place when there is little incentive to do so and the reputation system in the game is weak.

Unless you know trust worthy people and are in an org if you are trying to hire from public chat it is very easy to get jumped and pirated by the very people you hire, let alone find people interested in joining you to do mundane shit or sitting idle without any guarantee of action like stacking boxes, following you as an escort, or sitting in a turret.
To get random people to join me there would usually have to be some exciting event or lucrative offer invovled.
You just sit there constantly spamming chat since it has a short history, then you have to wait forever for them to all assemble at a location from all over the solar system if you manage to find people willing to party up.

They need to start working on adding more Quality of life improvements to party, chat, rep, access permissions and start adding org related features to the game to make it feel more like an MMO when they start scaling the server population up.
>>
>>1261849
being crew has to be at least as involved and exciting as flying your own ship otherwise what is the fucking point?
>>
>>1261849
Being a crewman sucks dick and I wish they would just drop all pretenses already.
>>
>>1262001
Most players just want to pilot their own ships
>>
File: 1693953192093777.jpg (355 KB, 578x433)
355 KB
355 KB JPG
>>1260456
>>1260240
>newfags complaining about ingame ship prices
you get millions per hour in PU these days, shut the fuck up
>>
>>1251789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM
>>
>>1262027
>you get millions per hour in PU these days, shut the fuck up
if you own a $400 ship and exploit a set of missions, yes
>>
>>1262027
run a couple illegal scanner missions in any ship to get seed money
go to any L1 station refinery deck and rent a cutlass black and a greycat roc for a day
load the roc into the back of the cutlass and go look for hadanite on hurstons moons
sell the hadanite at any trade terminal
keep doing this until you can afford a vulture

-OR-

go boxcuck on some faggots reclaimer for a half hour and then go buy some ships
>>
play small ships for once faggit
>>
>>1262027
They are slowly conditioning people to get used to the grind, I bet the in game prices will be much higher by the time the game fully releases.
I also bet they will keep creating and selling ships with real money on the store long after release.

Doesn't matter to me as long as they don't butcher the depth of the game mechanics long term which is a worrying trend I am starting to see with half assed compromises starting with salvage hull munching, red kill markers in FPS, and potentially (still t0 hard to tell at this point) even the flight mechanics with MM depending on how they go about it in later iterations with maelstrom, Armour, and flight surfaces.
>>
>>1260456
This list is incorrect. Eg. Reclainer is 30mil now eptu
>>
>>1250940
>Let's admit it scgbros... elite gamers were right all along...
What's this, then?

>>1263790
>>
>>1263798
AINT NO WAY
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
When are we getting squadron 42 MK2?
>>
>>1264298
Let the first one come out first.
>>
>there are solocap players who think they'll be able to have bots do all this damage control shit for them successfully.
>>
>>1265722
Im 99% sure, after spacedads have a worldwide melty, cig will cave and give them op magic npc crew.
>>
>>1265830
x to doubt
chris is a fighter pilot larper, He'll make it so they can fly around solo but doing so will make them bait for the rebel fighter soling the star destroyer.

Like Im not saying they'll get nothing, or that npcs wont be able to do it, Im saying that they're just gonna get counter played by actual humans if they try to have npc damage control and npcs gunners, cus NPCs behave predictable and people will quickly learn how to shut them down. Like figure out what the NPC are worst at repairing of what they need specifically to function and attack the first, swamp them with a problem they're bad at solving and then just go start blasting critical systems while they flounder.

Like for example if the AI crew is slow to replace fuses or w/e cus they have to pathfind from terminals to blown fuse boxes and then to find the parts for repairs in the hold or parts lockers then you can shut them down by blasting sensitive compnenets with distortion weapons if you a ship is AI crew, which will likely be easy to tell. Human crew will quickly work around that problem, AI crew might not. Humans will ahve spare fuses on them and know that XYZ components are important but that R Q and I can ignored for a minute safely, cus they're say life support and where all suited up anyway.

From waht I can see as much as its beam citizen this egineering stuff looks somewhat complex with multiple methods of failure and cascading problems. I think most players are going to be shit at it and the AI will likely be fast at repairs up front but slower over all cus of pathfinding and decision making/priority.

Like this seems like it will make a well coordinated human crew night unbeatable and will leaving an AI crew or a random inexperienced crew flopping around helplessly.
>>
>>1264298
They're not hiring a thousand devs just to do Star Citizen 1.0 post-launch content. Wouldn't be surprised when they announce a fantasy RPG either.
>>
solocap simdads will win
>>
>>1265722
>people actually believe NPCs will be able to walk somewhere and shoot a beam at a thing
This is like when you guys were saying NPCs would be shitty turret gunners despite them knowing a ships exact velocity and distance while being able to do trigonometry in a fraction of a second. NPCs are more likely to have issues with scheduling and all the sim bullshit. They're more likely to suddenly decide to eat, shit, sleep, or walk out the airlock to get to their Area18 apartment during a fight then they are going to fail to walk down a corridor and fix a thing.
>>
>>1266048
they unironically will once engineering comes out and everyone realises how fucking boring and anti-fun it is.
Shit like Guns of Icarus Online died for a reason
>>
>15 sim dads jump in on your position with their solojavs
>they launch a volley of 30 size 12 capital wrecker torpedoes at your 68 man 700 hours of hard core military style(your dad was in the marines so you taught them like he did you(by yelling at them)) sim training ledditor crewed idris p
heh
>>
>>1266265
engineering is such a fucking disappointment, especially when we're so close to sq42 release and this is assumedly a mechanic there
>>
>>1266048
honestly, they probably will because a player is always going to opt to fly their own ship over serving some mundane task on someone elses
>>
>>1266265
It will be in AC testing for a while.
>this is assumedly a mechanic there
No, literally nowhere did anybody say it will be a mechanic in S42. You'll play as a combat pilot, not a ship engineer. You'll be either in a single pilot fighter, bomber, or on foot doing FPS shit with light puzzles.
>>
>>1266751
nta but resource networks have to be in for component damage to work and for precision targeting to make sense
it is true you probably won't be playing the role of engineer though
>>
>>1266763
Yeah, but they don't really need to simulate the whole engineering gameplay for that.
>>
>>1266316
>my Point defense and manned guns easily kill the huge slow torpedos which were designed for far large targets. My gunners know their sectors of responsibility and dont double up on targets unless they're sector is clear.
I return fire with guns and missiles and sned my fighters to dart between the ships setting the automated gunners on the javelins firing wildly, the fleet is moving at random so inevitable there is some blue on blue with the flak
>the simdads are not fleeted together properly because they are too autisitic and could not agree on who should be in charge.
>their gunners now all see each other as hostiles and begin wildly firing at each other.
>4 pairs of javelins collide due to poor coordination and lack of situational awareness brought on by solo-cap-itis.
>we bridge snipe the remaining javelins one by one as they struggle to reload torpedos running from console to console on the bridges of their Javelins while their NPCs frantically run around trying to fix random things. instead of fight because they have no chief engineer or gun captain to task them.
>They could have focused fire and killed us with their gun turrets but the AI gunners are engaged in the aforementioned wild fire duel with everyone and everything in range. So we only get the occasional toasting, being as we are at the edge of Missile range, while a dozen other targets are within a couple klicks.
>Our rail guns shots by comparison are rapid and spot on, since me and the helmsman and the gunnery crew spend in the sim together practicing for this encounter, where a single well placed rail shot will decapitate a ship.

see I can make shit up too.
And an Idris would have a crew of like 15 humans tops.

No one is saying every role needs a human, were saying that a ship with 1 human and everything else NPC is going to be a mess
It'll wind up being something like 1 human for every 5 npcs. with ~5-10 man crew ships being the largest possible ships to run with 1 human.
>>
>>1266751
> You'll play as a combat pilot
Then why are there on-foot sections?
>>
>>1266991
>see I can make shit up too
you put a lot more effort in than he did, enjoy getting rammed by a connie in nav mode that spears your ship in two because incompetent devs still don't account for it.
>>
>>1267578
they just need to make shields account for collisions extremely well, since that is after all what a ships shields would deal with more often than anything else. Space junk, atmo entry, ballistic or explosive impact, its all just bonks. Shields are designed for it, a Massive object hitting the shields at a couple hundred MS should be a problem but it should not be instant death for the larger vessel. the small ship should bounce off and if its shield fail take damage and possible explode, the big ship should a physical impulse from the pact but as long as the shield hold it should just get pushed and maybe have the shield gens take some extra wear. But the energy shields should disperse the impact like a suit of armor does.
>>
>>1266751
>>1267241
not Either of you, but you'll play as a UEE Marine, which is a Pilot/Foot soldier spec-ops multi purpose dude. The games set on a ship with **three** fighters in it s hangar, you and your two buds + whoever they can stuff in the argo shuttle are the ships away team, not properly a fighter squadron and not properly a Navy Pilot either. You're not a fleet fighter pilot, your more like the Helo pilot on a Destroyer in the modern day, and those guys get up to some weird shit now and then.

One of my friends, a SC org mate of mine actually, is a Navy helicopter pilot, used to be Seahawks but he recently retrained for Ospreys, and he has all sort of stories about the odd shit they get sent to do and yes it does sometimes involve him landing somewhere hopping out of the helo and fiddling with something.

and yea hes an obsessive dropship autist in SC, he has them all and flies them exclusively, most of the time its the Hoplite.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCAZG0BmF0U
my game loop
>>
>>1267765
>shields cant stop a ballistic weapon from penetrating the and hitting the hull
>somehow going to stop a multi-ton ship travelling over 1km/s
>>
does this game still crash every 1-3 hours from the 30k or whatever error

and is there still horrible desync making enemy ships you're trying to shoot at fucking rubber band back and fourth making trying to hit them more about randomness than fucking skill
>>
>>1268091
Sounds like you're describing 3.1, we still have 30k's for the moment. Desync is still a thing but nowhere near as bad as back then.

However, a new patch is on the PTU 3.23 which has significant changes, so significant that it might end up a similar patch server stability wise.
>>
>>1268110
>Sounds like you're describing 3.1
30ks have been happening for like 9 years
>>
>>1268110
3.17*
>>
>>1268112
>>1268113
it was probably 3.18 PES made desync and stability issues pretty bad
>>
>>1268110
oh neat this ground bombing thing looks cool and actually simulation tier
im guessing its not really practical to bomb stuff on the ground yet though right?
>>
>>1267958
sectional density and pounds per square inch.
A projectile is far lighter but its traveling faster and impacting a much more concentrated area. A ship impacts a huge face of the shield spreading out its energy, also projectiles dont have their own shields would also disperse the impact, like we already know the shields act as "bumpers" for atmo entry purposes which see the entire shield face getting bombarded with ~km/s particles and the shields dont fail. The two ships shields should interact before any physical collision is accounted for with the larger ships far more powerful shields obviously winning out then if that doesnt soak up all the energy and cause the ships to bounce back apart you start taking hull damage rapidly if your shields have failed.

The whole "touch and you both instantly explode" is lame and closes off gameplay rather than opening it. Ramming should be a vector of attack and a tactical option but it should not be a one sided suicide troll move. I want to see ships ram and get entangled then have both vessels not want to move after for fear of fatal damage, leading to a point blank boarding actions for control of the wreckage and the chance to free your ship and fly away. I want to see big ships able to just run small ships over in exchange for some dents on the bow. I Do want to see smaller ships ramming bigger ships to hurt them as a last ditch effort, but it should require some thought and choice of where to hit to make it count, not just "we bump and everyone explodes"

the answer to all of this is to boost the effectiveness of shielding against large physical impacts and have the effect scale up with the surface area of the shield being effected, like obviously it will rapidly drain the shield but the whole purpose of a shield is to keep stuff from hitting the hull. that function including collisions and impacts is OBVIOUS and would help to address sketchy landings on uneven surfaces as well.
>>
>>1268120
Its works wonders on jumptown and ghost hollow.
Theres not a lot of surface ground targets but they do exist and the bombers murder them.
>>
>>1238972
SC sucks the farts out of my ass.

Wasn't it found out in leaked emails they're going to cut back features to actually reach a full release?

They're going to walk back the scope just like they've done at every step of development.
>>
>>1268091
It's crashing like always. They've made progress but it's a certainty to run into bugs and crashes to this very day.

They've actually brought back the 30k error somehow. There was a brief time it was fixed, admittedly.
>>
>>1268091
One thing the other anons haven't mentioned, and this is a pretty big deal, is that in patch 3.23, CIG is introducing the Replication Layer server technology. I'm not going to give you a rundown of what that is; that's what Google's for, but what that means for you is that instead of server crashes kicking you back to the menu, it will briefly pause and find a new server to pick up where the other one left off. So, while servers may still crash from various things and they get constantly fixed, the replication layer server recovery is the death of lost progression (missions will abandon after the server recovers, though for this first iteration).
>>
>>1268409
>Wasn't it found out in leaked emails they're going to cut back features to actually reach a full release?
lol no
>>
>>1268423
Sounds like more crashing to me. I'll believe when I see it.

CIGs development updates are half truth and half verbal diarrhea. Then they walk it back, never mention it again, or say they're starting from scratch.

That video about server meshing being a bunch of douchebags sitting around a table with nothing to show. That was truly ridiculous considering how often they'd say it was just around the corner.
>>
>>1268427
Oh my. Oh dear. You didn't know?
>>
>>1268430
>Sounds like more crashing to me. I'll believe when I see it.
It's in the PTU right now, ive experienced it first hand with a bunch of others who are also playing right now.
>That video about server meshing being a bunch of douchebags sitting around a table with nothing to show. That was truly ridiculous considering how often they'd say it was just around the corner.
They just did a test with 800 players in 1 shard with static server meshing.
>>
>>1268432
>static server meshing
Is that what they've changed it to?

Used to call it dynamic server meshing. I guess even they realized it was a pipedream as dynamic server meshing was originally described.

They probably gave up and started integrating third party tech that actually exists and slapped server meshing on it.
>>
File: 1611607793273.png (158 KB, 364x364)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
>>1268436
5/10, got me to reply
>>
>>1238972
I just built a PC for the first time in 10 years
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fd2qMV

Im looking for a game to play that has potential to make real money *not much
is this the coolest game out there that will also give you the chance to find very rare items you can sell for real money?
>>
>>1269408
19 fps
>>
>>1269408
Lol
>>
>>1269408
>Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit $124.99

Could've just bought a key for 12 bucks.
>>
Why all this talk of "release"? The game is released. It's just under constant development. Release means they're done with it, like released from development.
>>
>>1269503
hey it's me your dad, I'm about to release.
>>
File: tavern_upload_large[1].png (426 KB, 1680x381)
426 KB
426 KB PNG
>SIRS, DO NOT REDEEM!!!

Community hub is fucking dead, lmao this shit has been up for hours
>>
>>1269597
what the fuck is this?
>>
File: L7Sw0t5[1].png (740 KB, 1773x926)
740 KB
740 KB PNG
>>1269609
rsi community hub is getting shit on for hours by some jeets runaway bot
>>
>>1269488
pay.......... for windows.........?
>>
>>1269616
poojeets should honestly be blockaded from the internet forever, just cut every cable and asat or jam anything wireless. complete poo containment
>>
>>1269408
just go play eve
>>
>>1269488
>12 bucks
I get LTSC for 3 dollars bro
>>
>>1269597
>it's still up
Mind boggling. Guess this proves that the community hub is completely forgotten and ignored by CIG.
>>
>>1269940
the fucking report function doesnt work lol
>>
>>1269940
I wasn't even aware the community hub went back up, It's been 404 for like 2 years. Devs probably don't even know it's up.
>>
>>1270208
what? that was a (you) problem, they do contests every now and then in the community hub
>>
How long do anons think we have until 3.23 is live? How long after that when the Overdrive Initiative is no longer available? I read that apparently unlike the mistake printed, all 1-5 will be available at 3.23 not just the final mission
>>
>>1270759
xenothreat wasn't server stable it's gunna take that at minimum 2 or 3 more builds
>>
File: fleetview_1.jpg (191 KB, 1920x924)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
Make fun of my fleet. I haven't looked at the game in a while.
>>
>>1270759
I can't realistically see it getting released anytime before the 11th of May
>>
>be me
>see people talk about fleets
>fly a simple avenger titan
>did a mission with 5 packages
>nearly die due to sling shooting stairs
>t3 leg damage
>loud breathing
>...a lot of loud breathing
>carefully finish mission
>go the hospital
>survive
>sleep in comfy ship bed to log off
Well that'll do me :)
>>
The only ship other ship I've considered getting is the constalation Taurus because the interior reminds me of the Roci from the expanse
>>
>>1270920
taurus is objectively the best constellation simply because of the tractor beam and expanded cargo area without surrendering any of the forward firepower.

the snub on the other constellations is next to useless. besides if you want a good snub, the taurus' expansive hold can take a couple furies without sacrificing too much in the way of cargo area
>>
>>1270939
I don't fight, I just deliver... maybe I'll fight though
>>
Any tips on raising fps? I have a 5600x, a 4070ti super and 32GB of RAM. At 1440p, it hovers around 35 fps seemingly regardless of setting. CPU utilization is about 70% and GPU only 40.
Wat do
>>
>>1271008
wait for vulkan multithreading
>>
was anyone else hype about the mk2 hornet at first but rapidly lose it? It looks so much better than the old one but at the end of the day both the C and A are extremely limited ships. And the A for all the hoops you jump through to get it is only a modest fighter. Heavily armed for sure, but slow and vulnerable
I was gonna go for it at first but as I started doing missions is just kinda lost its charms particularly the absurd nature of some missions like the one that drops you into a field with like 7 Hammerheads and is like "Hope you already have a torp bomber" Like shit its a mission chain to get a single seat medium fighter, wtf is this shit telling me I need to fight a fleet of subcaps to get it?
>>
>>1271008
>5600x
its over
>>
>>1271229
the f7a mk2 comfortable shits on the f8c in terms of firepower, and its agile enough to never be in its sights again after the initial merge (talking about 3.23/MM) its capacitor is also upgraded to give it 15k damage output

the missions you're doing are meant to be done with a group, those missions are open to the whole server, if you're doing them late everyone else has already completed them and isnt joining in.
>>
Haven't played in a while. What's the current situation with server meshing? Is progress being made? Having hundreds of players being able to interact with each other in one zone is what will make or break this game for me, regardless of how long it takes to release.
>>
File: LuXx6A4.png (8 KB, 270x64)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>1271936
They did SSM in a public test environment not long ago. Soon(er)™, rather than later™.
>>
>>1271938
>800
Not bad, definitely a lot more promising from the last time I looked into it, even if it's just a test.
>>
3.23 EPTU open to all
>>
>>1272985
worth downloading or wait for live?
>>
>>1273233
It's a big patch and will go live sometime this week, and I'd say just rename your LIVE folder to EPTU and verify/download it now just to get that out of the way. There are heaps of changes that you are going to have to get used to, so you may aswell get comfortable now.

This spectrum post has a summary of all the keybind related changes to catch up on - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/4/thread/3-23-ptu-keybind-change-summary
>>
>>1273267
thanks jared
>>
File: santa.gif (946 KB, 422x429)
946 KB
946 KB GIF
>>1273269
>>
>>1273267
Honestly no word from waka by midday points to them being pretty happy with this build. Could go live by end of day.
>>
>>1273514
ah nvm looks like they wanna fix the vram issues for sub 24gb havers
>>
>try to watch BSG(2004) for the first time to scratch my sci-fi itch.
>its just a soap opera set on a space ship.
I dont know what I was expecting but having seen cool space battles from bsg before I was expecting more than this.
>>
Is HOSAS still gonna be best control setup with mastermodes?
>>
File: Jew Citizen.png (1.33 MB, 933x846)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB PNG
>>1238972
>>1242881
>Steals all your UEC
>Subverts entire solar systems
>>
File: ralph pootawn.png (671 KB, 679x516)
671 KB
671 KB PNG
SECOND LIFE HAS A FUCKING GENERAL
how the fuck can that piece of shit survive on /vg/ but we can't???
>>>/vg/475717437
>>
>>1269703
Where do you get LTSC keys nowadays fren? eBay used to be the place but they dried up.
>>
>>1273995
the day asmongoloid installs SC is the day we retake our rightful place at vg
>>
>>1274012
Okay so SQ42's release then
>>
>>1274012
>the day
Is the day we foreswear /vg/ forever and pray to fucking god his swarm of cackling circle jerk of 58 IQ retards never find us here.
>>
>>1273995
We don't have the 24/7 terminally online schizos needed to keep a non-gacha or big multiplayer game general alive.
Secondlife does.
>>
File: Jew Citizen2.png (350 KB, 472x441)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
>>1273995
>how the fuck can that piece of shit survive on /vg/ but we can't???
>militant white people Roman Empire in space aliens bad the video game
I wonder
>>
File: 1692152157767417.png (97 KB, 321x246)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
1 step closer to that vg spot bros
>>
>>1273514
Damn I'm so fucked, still haven't done Overdrive 3-5, just been totally overwhelmed with bullshit and never managed to get schedules lined up with my org to git them done. My level of real-world bullshit just went up too so I'm even worse off about trying to get it done last minute.
>>
>>1269703
>pirated windows 10
>free upgrade to legit windows 11
Learn to play the CCU game properly.
>>
>>1274199
>aliens bad
To be fair, only one kind of aliens are bad, rest are just trying to sell us their shit.
>>
look out bethesda is going to add vehicles to starfield. Lol i honestly can't believe it, thought they were too lazy/stupid to be able to do it
>>
File: sfield.png (226 KB, 723x1233)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>1274483
What the fuck are ground vehicles going to do for slopfield anyways? I'd assume as much as they currently do for shitizen, that's for sure.
>>
>>1274511
Well, you'd be able to get to the copypasted dungeons a bit faster. That will save Starfield.
>>
>>1274483
Is it going to be another NPC running around with a train-hat?
>>
>>1273874
Man is only meant to play with 1 stick, Hosas is big gay.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.