[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: d1ec2gw2-logo.664f0cfa.png (137 KB, 617x155)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Last thread >>1246264

Useful links:

All quests of each campaign with pathing and rewards in nicely compiled style
>https://www.gw-memorial.net/

Whole wiki for looking up basically anything in the game. It is pretty autistically maintained. Also good for lore-fags and people who want to dig deeper into characters, trivia and story
>https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

Your go-to place if you have any items you want to buy or sell and you're unsure about the price
>https://kamadan.gwtoolbox.com/

Build autism for both PvE and PvP with both skills and gear taken into consideration
>https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/PvX_wiki

Add-on with many quality-of-life features, like loading hero teams in a few clicks and moving items to storage with ctrl + click
https://www.gwtoolbox.com/

Reminder that the anniversary event starts on April 22nd.
Read more about it here: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Anniversary_Celebration
>>
I guess I should also mention that it is currently Sweet Treats week. For those who are actually aiming to finish the Treasure Hunter title, now is a good time to grind it.
>>
First for best expansion and best class.
>>
File: Kormir[1].jpg (34 KB, 261x700)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
First for the one true G-d.
>>
>>1252319
is she hot?
>>
>>1252324
Hot assassin getting spitroasted by fat ugly bastard afflicted
>>
File: gw129.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
https://guildwarslegacy.com/forum/thread/10525-announcing-dsoal-gw1-3d-positional-audio-and-eax-effects-for-everyone/

>what is DSOAL-GW1
When GW was released in 2005, the audio component of Microsoft’s DirectX API was something called DirectSound. DirectSound had a 3D audio component called DirectSound3D, or DS3D, that could pan and amplify/attenuate sound sources based on their position relative to the camera in the game’s 3D world. PC’s with a high-end Creative sound card also had access to EAX, an extension to DS3D with a suite of hardware DSP effects for occlusion, obstruction, reverb, echo, etc. Like most games of its era, GW’s audio system was designed around DirectSound and DS3D, and owners of high-end PCs could get the “definitive” audio experience with EAX.

All that ended in 2007 with Windows Vista. Vista completely broke DS3D and EAX. Rather than fix it, Microsoft deprecated DirectSound and pushed developers to adopt its new XAudio2 API for future games. With DS3D and EAX broken, GW hasn’t sounded “right” in any version of Windows since XP.
>>
i mustve deleted my mini varesh, can't find it lmaoooo
>>
>>1252306
I wasn't paying attention and thought the last thread still had a lot left in the tank. Did it really get bumped off of page 10 without me noticing? Or did we get whacked by the janny for some reason?
>>
>>1252319
based and true
>>
>>1252352
I'm not sure what happened, was surprised to see that it got pruned though
>>
>>1252352
janny trying to tell us to take it to /vg/, check the pinned post on /vm/
>>
>>1252370
There are plenty of threads like this on /vm/.
You guys just need to stop shitposting so much.
This thread would be nothing but
>page 9
posts if it were on /vg/.
>>
File: the retard award.jpg (38 KB, 500x324)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>1250564
Told you so. Take your snarky attitude because to whatever fuckhole you originated from.
>>
>>1252376
I really don't think the shitposting here is any worse than the other "totally not a general" threads, there's just more of us. Janny needs to stop being such a rule cuck. This is the only board these threads could survive on, and they are not detracting from the quality/theme of the board at all. If we were so much faster than the rest of the board that we had several threads clogging the catalogue, I'd understand it, but we don't. Hoping it's just an infrequent thing.
>>
File: DPS.png (164 KB, 1780x784)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>1252224
>I don't understand why sword and axe are in Shield when hammer
you can't equip a Shield with a Hammer

>>1252223
>traditional MMO role
>sword = dps

>>1252231
>Ranger is primarily a damage role, and SOMETIMES disruption
since all professions deal damage that was too boring for me
cross = support
>>
>>1252435
Where the fuck are you getting these images lol
>>
fellas what are we doing in game
>>
>>1252442
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Selvetarm_(Zaishen_quest) log on if you wanna run this with me
>>
>>1252442
prophecies in like an hour
>>
>>1252446
IM LOGGIN IN
>>
Our proph prog did Riverside Province and Sanctum cay today. We also did a few skill quests and got our 15 attribs. We are currently at Dunes of Despair which is where we'll be starting next week.

Next weeks goal will be to finish all of the desert other than Dragon's Lair. Hopefully we can meet up with Zom and others there when we do.

Speaking of which tomorrow at 3 PM (I might have to push it back a tiny bit if I'm running late) we'll be finishing our DoA run, hope everyone fromlast week can make it but if there is any free spots people are welcome to join in.
>>
EVEN IN DEATH, I STILL SERVE
>>
>Dual Vamp

lol
>>
>>1252435
Having a shield doesn't magically turn sword and axe into defensive weapons. They are far more pure dps than hammer, axe especially so. Axe is just all about big numbers and deep wound above all else. Your chart makes no sense.
>>
>>1252786
whats so funny about dual vamp
>>
>watch a ton of farming videos
>youtube sends me a gw2 farming video
>it's just achievement and battle pass menus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zroi-k8fgcc
i don't know what i was expecting
>>
>>1252933
>obsidian armor looks like absolute dogshit
And here I thought GW2 had nothing at all in common with the first game.
>>
>>1252933
achievements are just another form of quests because they initially built the game to break all the standard rules of MMOs, nevermind that they've walked back most of them over the years
rather than go back and build a proper questing system, which would mean reworking the open world hearts, they just shoved it all into the achievements menu
then there's how drops work, or rather don't work
instead you get rewarded everything through event completions, which are on timers so farming is more about scheduling
live-service fomo is a hell of a drug
>>
>>1252950
i quit tera when they removed all drops from monsters and replaced them with menu points.
i think game designers basically don't like trade. trade makes it possible for players to do things they like to get things they want, rather than things they don't like to get things they don't want. with the power of money i don't have to do all the quests and enemies the game designers set up, just the ones i like.
or more directly, trades are player quests, player quests compete with game designer quests, and game designers get jealous (they don't get to tax it).
coming back to gw1 it didn't occur to me that zcoins were tradeable. because it's that sort of thing.
>>
>>1252937
I crafted all my obby armor but the boots and gloves since it looks nice on sin
>>
File: i3ny.gif (1.5 MB, 220x347)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB GIF
>>1252968
>sin armor looks good
>but the gloves and boots are covered in retarded tacticool knives
>>
File: GCh3sdoWUAAHfyx.png (136 KB, 451x618)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
>>1252933
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzfOMr0AWFU
>"12 Minutes A Day Gets You "Rich" in GW2"
>pick up your daily UBIs
>also pick up your daily treasure chests UBIs by logging into your alts that are parked next to treasure chests with no enemies and then log out again
>>
>>1252989
why wouldn't an assassin have knives? Every fucking elite set has them have knives you fucking retard
>>
We love assassin obsidian armor here
>>
File: mallninja.jpg (14 KB, 150x530)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>1253004
>Every fucking elite set has them have knives you fucking retard
That's the problem. Every otherwise good-looking set has these silly blades all over the arms and legs, and they're hideous and retarded, just like you.
>>
>>1253009
Misdisinformation, we love knifeless assassins.
>>
>>1253014
The knives on the obby armor make sense and aren't nearly as bad as most everything else. Stop posting while looking into a mirror you roodypoo pavement ape.
>>
>>1253014
imagine trying to walk through the clothing department with this on
>>
>>1253050
Assassins get their moms to buy their clothes for them.
>>
>>1252950
They added the hearts explicitly because players didn't know what to do when there are no quests.
>>
1 more cheevo for flavor, let's go
>>
File: 1681608921421124.png (81 KB, 1241x630)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
We illegal now apparently.
>>
>>1253137
just do what the buyfags do on /a/, no linking between threads, no copypasta links in the OP, never call it /gw/ or /gwg/ or a general or X edition etc
just make "hey I was playing this game called guild wars and was wondering about X Y and Z" style threads
>>
>>1253148
>"hey I was playing this game called guild wars
No way, you too? What a coincidence. We should play together sometimes.
>>
>>1252933
GW2 is still alive enough for you to make gold through zerging certain content. Maybe once the game is dead, and only the autists remain, you'll see more creative ways to farm stuff.
>>
File: 1710589905977904.jpg (18 KB, 446x473)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
I DONT HAVE ANY PLATS
>>
>>1253181
What were you spending money on, anon?
>>
>>1253181
time to sell your ecto and dust stacks (to me)
>>
>>1253137
what the fuck there are threads on /vm/ that literally copy paste their OP's week by week and even self describe themselves as general threads. Alright next time we hit page 9 I'll make next thread

>>1253152
>more creative ways to farm stuff
Oh boy, time to bring out the potato farm.
Alternatiely, more AFK farms.
>>
>>1253200
you caught my irony. good job.
>>
>>1252926
>Having a shield doesn't magically turn sword and axe into defensive weapons. They are far more pure dps than hammer, axe especially so. Axe is just all about big numbers and deep wound above all else. Your chart makes no sense.
sword fits into three collumns
>>
File: question mark girl.jpg (54 KB, 665x574)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1252926
>They are far more pure dps than hammer, axe especially so
>dps
>>
>>1253243
yes?
>>
File: GLAsEN1asAAlTGl[1].jpg (250 KB, 1200x675)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>
Did you kill Selvetarm? Did you have a good time with it? I took a whole hour and 5 four-leaf clovers, damn him and his aggro...
>>
>>1253250
Is this some kind of /vt/ autism?
Also,
>previously had time to play, but no anons to play with
>now I have anons to play with but no time to play
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEE!!!
>>
>>1253300
we had a god like war that almost soloed the whole thing
>>
File: gw115.jpg (923 KB, 1920x1080)
923 KB
923 KB JPG
>>1253300
Yes.
>good
That's certainly a word to describe it. We ran with half-guildmates and played pug roulette. Rambo carried us hard like >>1253303 said.
>>
>>1253300
We did yesterday, it was fun and full on GW1 pug
>one monk forgot to put his attributes properly so we had to /resign
>another guy dcs while on the way to SE to so we /resign
>for some reason we went two different ways once in dungeon
>>
>>1253303
>>1253304
>>1253307
Man if only I wasn't in a friend's guild...

And you weren't luxons...

captcha J0M4D
>>
>>1253312
alliance with us then. we already have one Real(TM) alliance with one Real(TM) anon who never talks and probably never plays. we could pop in a 2nd.
>>
Rushing ZB if you want to get carried through the bounty then log on now
some other guildies are doing the mission -> vanq after
>>
We are finishing our HM DoA run in 3 hours from now (I might run a tiny bit late) as a reminder to all.
>>
>>1253335
I may or may not have to leave earlyish but the last wing shouldn't take more than an hour and a half? which may be my limit today.
>>
>>1253374
I also cant do more than drrgxa1.5 hours
>>
>>1253317
I wish... we're not alone, but in a "old" guild in a full alliance... I'll try lurking these threads to see what you're doing. I'm also in a CEST timezone, so it'll be difficult to join you except for the weekends
>>
>>1253401
A lot of us are in US timezones.
>Sorry was Scrubby
>>
jannys aren't really trying to nig us, are they? why would they force /gw/ into VM when the mabinogi general which has had far more regular activity than us on average is still around

i don't want to leave the /vm/ presearing
>>
>>1253406
Maybe the HRT is hitting them hard, because I see 20 threads in the catalog with a "general" search, I hope they're banning all of them :^)

captcha 2PVP
>>
GET TO FARMING ANONS, THOSE VAETTIRS AIN'T GONNA KILL THEMSELVES
>>
AYE WE ARE DOING HM DOA (Foundry) AND WE HAVE A SPOT OR 2 OPEN WE ARE DOING MALLYX NEXT, LOG IN IF YOU WANT TO JOIN
>>
Assassins shop exclusively at the Hot Topic in Kaineng City
>>
can I get invite to guild? ign: Vos Xddd
>>
>>1253303
Did you get an idea of what build he was using?
>>
>>1253482
sent ;)
>>
Today we beat Mallyx the Unyielding, for anyone who's first time beating him you can now display a HoM statue for it.

Next saturday weekend we can either do:

1)Shards of Orr and try to roll for some BDS

2) Slaver's Exile full gauntlet run (hardest EotN dungeon)

3) HM FoW

Reply with your preference. I kind of want to wait another week or 2 so we can do HM FoW, then the next week our proph prog can do an ironman of NM FoW. Speaking of which on the current docket: I estimate we are about 4/5 weeks out from beating prophecies. This means GvG's will be happening mid may, if you've never done them before this is an excellent chance to try them out and see why they are so beloved I will be preparing prizes like last time.

We'll be doing Sorrows Furnace, Tomb of Primevils, NM FoW, and possibly the titan quest as well in the future after that our proph prog will be complete.
>>
Vabbi finally attacked Kourna.
It's happening
>>
>>1253594
I'm up for SoO
>>
>>1253594
oh yeah forgot to mention. During Anniversary week from April 22nd to May 6th we will be doing daily HA games all are welcome (New and old), anniversary has some really good prizes for doing daily HA and its one of the few times you can run into player teams, last time we nearly took the hall.

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM ON WHEN YOU ARE "generally" FREE SO I CAN PLAN DAILY HA GAMES

https://www.when2meet.com/?24372326-RJvtb
>>
>>1253594
I vote Mallyx round 2.
>>
File: invite pls.jpg (4 KB, 133x17)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
It's getting lonely. Can I get an invite?
>>
>>1253655
officers = fags
>>
>>1253696
Why? What's the hold-up?
>>
>>1253726
The hold up is the officers are having one of their parties. Of the 'male paragons only' kind if you gnome im sayin
>>
>>1253735
I'll see it pop-up when the ERP ends I guess.
>>
>>1253735
who told you about the ERP paragon parties

>>1253655
invited
>>
>>1253735
Sounds like one of those Yale things
>>
>>1252933
what the fuck lol
is that a bionicle in the thumbnail
>>
Hayda is hot.
Is there any OP paragon hero build I can use to add her to my harem?
>>
>>1253812
>invited
Thanks. Off to bed now though.
I'll accept tomorrow.
>>
>>1253594
my vote is Slaver's Exile
>>
>set up spreadsheet that tells me how to jew the rare mats market with artisans
>spreadsheet says i have to put 20k in to get 2k out
>market tanks after cause no one buys rare mats
back to farming...
>>
>>1253912
do you want some ecto? I'm not in the guild but I'm happy to give some out.
No is a fine answer, I know some people think handouts cheapen the experience.
>>
>>1253912
Good idea, maybe we can try to get /biz/ to play GW too.
>>
>>1253920
you're right, figuring things out is the fun part.
but i'll take ecto if you're handing it out. the things im looking at cost on the order of 100-250e, which is a rather abstractly large amount of work. i think my current methods average to like 5e an hour? so 40~70 hours. i suppose it's not that large, means i can buy the item in a month. if im still playing in a month.
really wonder how people who buy conset stacks make their money.
>>
>>1253924
Are you getting your Nick gifts each week? that should get you 40-50e on its own
>>
>>1253924
>really wonder how people who buy conset stacks make their money.
they buy arms off botters
>>
>>1253925
oh yeah i forgot about gotts. cause no one's been buyin.
>>
File: 1710865628030018.jpg (807 KB, 1896x1052)
807 KB
807 KB JPG
>>1253912
>he didn't already make millions shorting jade, amber, and iron
everyone wants to be rich, but not everyone WANTS to be rich #moneymoves #movingmoney #thekamadandon #cantmakeahorsedrinkpilesofdust #followformoreinvestmenttips #finance #notfinancialadvice
>>
>>1253954
i came back four weeks ago and learned about kamabox like two weeks ago. my account value probably never went over 60k until then.
your charts about ecto probably did a lot to convince me money was possible, though mostly it was trying out a farm and it actually paying out.
before that money was just other peoples business. playing nm with 7 heroes means money never comes.
>>
>>1253961
doing anything with mats besides holding them as a hedge is probably going to burn you because of the mat trader cut and the lack of active player demand for 95% of em. the only thing that's actually free money is looking up what items nick wants in like 3 months, and buying a bunch of those early to sell p2p
if you want consistent good money, you make a mesmer and do doasc (though I dunno how easily arms move now), if you want to gamble and have huge upside, do chest running for rare os items or do bogsc/soosc and let other people pop the cons
>>
>>1253970
>mesmer lvl 12 in ascalon
>running with organized teams specifically for endgame dungeons
a separate speedclear wiki existing is pretty amazing
well i guess ill just take my 5e/hour rate for now and git gud
>>
>>1254002
yeah not worth stressing unless the money making is enjoyable,, just take in proph slowly
if you do gott you're basically getting an arm a week for ~an hour of work, or half an arm if you buy the set. if you're the guy who needed 100e, that's just 2 sets
>>
I've barely hit 15 on my LDoA character and I already feel like giving up. These hamnet runs are melting my brain.
>>
>>1253912
you just haven't waited long enough. Most price trends can take weeks/months to manifest or you can predict them in advance due to holidays/other notable events if you are familiar enough.

>>1253924
I just craft my own, I check the mat traders daily and anytime iron/bone/dust is low I buy and then spend all my built up banked mats. I always put measure for measure on stuff that gives me dust.
>>
>>1254027
they added the quests so you didn't have to autistically grind it
log in, do the daily langmar thing, turn it in, and you'll be done in like a month
>>
>>1254031
I'll probably just do 1k exp worth of hamnet a day and call it good.
>>
>>1254033
that will take you 2 months, I was factoring in the xp from enemies and the 1k quest reward
>>
>>1254037
I'm just having a hard time balancing wanting it as fast as possible with not being able to handle the grind required to do that. Probably time to do something else while slowly whittling away at it.
>>
>>1254027
I did Footman Tate. It's a longer run, ~10 minute (15 if you throw in char bosses), but a long run drives me less insane. A podcast helps, too.

Did you save your quest turn-ins for 16? I didn't. It was the worst level. Once you hit 17, the mobs jump up in levels and it's smooth sailing from there.
>>
>>1254042
I did thankfully. I was following this guide

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10GUvNLMGy1729VK2FDXUDO9P6Mz58Df0T1kfPbLZhds/edit
>>
>>1254040
yeah that's why I mentioned switching it up
they're not gonna patch it out of the game after 15 years, you can smell the roses
>>
>>1254043
I'm at 19 and want a buddy for doing the quests since they're kind of difficult on solo ranger.
>>
>he never makes nightfall characters for the base professions

You aren't a racist are you?
>>
File: average krytan woman.jpg (71 KB, 588x970)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>1254071
No. I make all my black characters in Prophecies.
>>
File: dont.jpg (202 KB, 794x732)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>henched riverside province
>took an entire hour
fooken guard towers
>>
File: GFPeZQ7boAA8K7r.jpg (43 KB, 415x540)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>finish some factions missions
>check trader
>out of glass vials
>"oh shit"
>vial buy price: 900
>dust sell price: 700/10
>plug in dust and vial numbers on spreadsheet
>"profit per 1000 spent: 1142.9"
>put in 25k
>get out 80k
sold the literal absolute top
>>
>>1254122
gz anon. I paid for all my heroes' 40/40 sets doing something like this a few years back. I forget the exact material I did. Vellum roll maybe?
>>
>>1254071
I thought I was being clever when I tried making a nightfall necromancer named Baron Samedi. I wonder how long that name was taken.
>>
I can't decide if my next character is another cool nihilistic male self-insert or a cute chaste whore to play dress-up with and never erp
>>
Does the choice between Kurzick and Luxon come down to which armor and skill icons I prefer?
>>
>>1254168
You can craft either armor regardless of who you favor. The skills are basically the only thing affected, and only because their power scales with their respective faction title track rank, and being in a guild affiliated with a certain faction makes leveling up that faction title considerably faster.
>>
>>1254168
It's a non-choice really since you can go complete the kurzick side and earn kurzick faction despite choosing luxon first or being in a luxon guild.
>>
How was the Gyala Hatchery vanquish? I just started
>>
Are there any good rit builds besides SoS?
>>
My usual link for unids is not buying, does anyone want to buy 76 unids? 9e for all.
>>
Made some cash. Today's a good day.
>>
>>1254358
What's you usual link?

The raptors have been kind this time, are Elemental Swords q10 worth something? If you want them I have two.
>>
>>1254404
I have one already, thanks. IIRC they were more valuable back in the day but I reckon q9 might be worth something. I see on kama chat that people have been selling them for 3-5e
Hit up one of these guys, they're always buying:
H E D O N I S T A
Sephos The Sin
Taunted Flail
>>
>>1254291
Soul Twisting :)
>>
>>1254443
I'm gonna twist your nipples
>>
>>1254291
Personally I tried to pick up Vengeful for farming but I think not having meta eotnigger skills is gimping me. Other than that I am a Spirit Strength enjoyer.
>>
>>1254291
Yes, rits have a lot of cool elites to build around
Spirit's Strength, Grasping Was Kuurong, Destructive Was Glaive, Signet of Ghostly Might, Weapon of Three Forges, etc.
>>
File: hnngoftheoni.png (63 KB, 294x133)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>back-tracking in Rhea's Crater while vanqing
>see green text
>"These items are only dropped by the two large groups of Oni that defend the bridge near the center of Rhea's Crater"
>favor wasn't even up
Neat
>>
>>1254483
Nice! I dropped Bahnba's Scepter while vanquishing Gyala Hatchery... At least your daggers are useful for heroes
>>
Should I use lockpicks as soon as I find a locked chest, or should I wait for a Extra Luck week?
>>
>>1254483
pretty cool
>>1254489
that looks like a better high en earth set than the +hp one from crafters, I'd take it if you're gonna trash it
>>
>>1254520
are you trying to moneymaxx or just get drops and do the titles
most people open chests whenever they can because it takes so long
>>
>>1254520
If you want to max treasure hunter you don't have the luxury of waiting for Luck week.
>>
>>1254522
>I'd take it if you're gonna trash it
Sure, just whisper to Rahsaan Uchenna in Kamadan
>>
>>1254523
>are you trying to moneymaxx or just get drops and do the titles
Vaettirs and raptors drop a lot of trash gold, so money is coming in quite good

>>1254527
>If you want to max treasure hunter you don't have the luxury of waiting for Luck week.
Yeah... That's why I wanted to get your opinion
>>
lmao someones constantly hoovering up the bones
trader empty 3 times in 15 minutes
>>
>>1254623
Don't you like how bots can freely manipulate the market while you have to stop farming once in a while to avoid the anti-farming code?
>>
>>1254644
it is pretty funny. makes sense though, anet makes money per account.
>>
Anyone selling Forget Me Not inscription?
>>
>>1254678
are you interested in 19% or only 20%? I have some 19 available for free
>>
>>1254691
I can take a 19% while I search for 20%
>>
How do I solo Mallyx and not suck? Keep my party spread out during waves so they don't get clusterbombed?
>>
>>1254714
you use the exploit to pull him out of his room so you don't have to fight under the different spirit effects. And also disable and hexes or enchantments that your heroes have once you are fighting him.
>>
>>1254701
char name is Mod Insc Storage, currently standing on the steps in Kama ae4
>>
File: atlasanza.jpg (117 KB, 600x576)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1254741
>char name is Mod Insc Storage
>>
>>1254744
how else will I remember where the mods and inscriptions are stored???
>>
>>1254744
Lol, some really do have extremely specific alts like that. Traded with a guy in pre-searing yesterday that cycled through 4 alts across 3 accounts to manage his inventory.
>>
>>1254744
guess what the guy called Minii Dhuum is selling
>>
Is lgit the protagonist alliance? They're everywhere.
Can't do 1 pug without it having at least one of them.
>>
>>1254785
lgit are the borg of guild wars
>>
>>1254785
Large guild, big gravity, perpetual growth
Youtuber leader, giveaways, purchased members
>>
>>1254793
>Youtuber leader
Smart, but we can go bigger.
We'll turn No Monk into a cute vtuber girl (male)
>>
>>1254785
>protagonist
it's a monument to 1 guy's ego
and they bot faction, or at least used to
>>
>>1254714
You didn't bring any enchantments, hexes, or conditions did you? I'd also recommend personally taking Gaze of Fury to kill Repressive energy (listless ghost?) it's the most annoying one, the other 3 aren't that bad.

Also I can do mallyx with you if you want, think my necro has the quest available.

>>1254795
C E A S E
>>
>https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/47988-so-why-no-player-to-player-trading/
i was looking up trading in gw2 cause i remember it feeling bad as a kid and lo and behold it is bad
it's all communists
>>
>>1254785
apparently a few of the more prominent members in their guilds bot, wouldnt be surprised if thats how their giveaways are funded
>>
>>1254831
My two Es had enchantments. :-) I've been trying NM three times now off and on. I've only made it once. That early double wave--with the five dream riders--really fucks me up since I don't have all of my heroes spread out perfectly(?); the one time I made it to Mallyx, I was shut down instantly with little energy throughout the entire fight, couldn't use most of my skills, couldn't get enough adrenaline to use anything to give me energy (maybe I'll stop autoattacking as much I don't know), and while my team had zero issue spiking Mallyx down to his first threshold, the additional adds killed me since I was completely shut down and unable to support heroes.
Right now I've been looking over builds and I'm checking out this guy's youtube video + builds. He's running two Monks with enchantments so it can't be too big of an issue(?). I'm going to swap my two Eles out with another Rit (SoS) and I'll maybe try this Monk but I need to rune+weapon my Monk so I'm debating on how much of a goldsink I want just to maybe kill a NM big boss.
>>
>>1254880
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Banish_Enchantment
Really wouldn't recommend it.

Lack of adrenaline prob cause the ravenheart area effect which gives you 50% chance to miss, need to gaze of fury the enemy ghosts, without repressive + that it's a lot easier. I can come join if you want.
>>
>>1254793
>Youtube leader
who? the only guild wars 1 channels I know of that still exist are doombox and peter kadar.
>>
>>1254901
yes on further inspection, the guy in the vid has his monk's enchantments turned off for mallyx; also has gaze of fury turned off the entire time, is that something you micro to kill the mallyx spirits that cause the AOEs or whatever?
I don't mind help, maybe later but I think I want to keep plugging away at it for now. I'm thinking out loud on how to clear it successfully myself, probably something simple and dumb.
>>
>>1254916
GWReborn
>>
>>1254916
>>1255017
There's also https://www.youtube.com/@GuildWarsMaude he uploads and streams often
>>
>>1254938
in general focus on killing the listless soul and shrouded soul (in that order) with gaze of fury they are the ones that will affect you the most. you'll have to micro it if you put it on another hero. The minute ad's spawn you have to focus them.

I don't know your party comp but I presume you are running mesmers and potentially necro's. Drop your minion N/P if you haven't already, If you're running a necro with some curses I'd drop weaken armor/weakness each condition/hex you cast on mallyx heals him for 300 HP. Ritualist is OP here if you have Zei Ri or a mercenary bring SoS.

But desu long as you gaze of fury those 2 ghosts it shouldn't be that bad, if you're running paragon I'd bring "we shall return"
>>
How many people mix and match armor piece visuals? Most of the assassin sets are either boring or a clusterfuck.
>>
>>1255158
How about the Asuran or the Kurzick one? I chose the Kurzick.
>>
>>1255159
The non elite kurzick seems the least awful yeah
>>
How come 100b only works with swords? And not axes nor hammers? I think it should work with axes and hammers, because I like 100b and would like to be able to use it, but don't like swords and don't want to use them.
>>
Part of me wants to experience prophecies again but knowing how long it takes to get attribute points and max armor kinda kill my enthusiasm.
>>
>>1255225
But that would be useful and fun, we can't have that
>>
>>1255242
its hard to remember the majority of prophecies by land area is designed for sub-20 characters operating on limited builds. now that i think about it tomb of primeval kings was probably where the "tutorial" was intended to end.

had that feeling for something unrelated though. wanted to try out the judgement strike farm for monk and the raptor farm for necro. i just arrived at rata sum. then i found out raptor build requires completing half of eotn (and getting hayda skills which i havent looked at at all) and capping judgement strike requires completing most of nightfall. on a monk in pve in 2024.
not sure what ill do next now.
>>
>>1254832
he's right. I wish GW1 had a better trading system. not to mention most returning players have lapsed on what most of the stuff is worth.
>>
>>1255242
>>1255269
speedrun through Cantha's tutorial and play Prophecies from LA in Hard Mode. it's how I've always done things.
>>
>>1255290
How do you play Prophecies in HM without getting carried to the last mission already?
>>
>>1255291
it's a 20 year old game bro. who doesn't have Prophecies cleared on their account? And if you're a new player, then just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>1255294
So you're retarded, got it. I just wasn't sure.
>>
File: troll farming.webm (1.27 MB, 1280x720)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB WEBM
>Just beat Dragon's Lair on a Prophecies warrior for the first time since forever
>Go through final portal
>"Droknar's Forge" text appears, and the music kicks in
>Massive wave of nostalgia
>Realize I just capped Glad's stance and can now swap secondary to Monk
Home...
>>
>>1255290
Do henches do OK in hardmode? I never do HM until after beating all campaigns on a character, and by then I have full hero team obviously.
>>
>>1255300
they don't. but when you reach a point where you can travel to Elona, you can just collect a few heroes.
>>
>>1255295
if you're not sure, check the wiki before spewing bullshit. hard mode is account based
>>
>>1255305
How can I check the wiki to be sure if you're retarded? I also didn't spew anything. Read the thread, nigger.
>>
Is 15k for Prodigy's Insignia a normal price?
>>
>>1255318
I think it was 10 earlier today or yesterday. But they're generally pricey. Mesmer stronk.
>>
>>1255291
>>1255295
>>1255317
what are you talking about
>>
I got banned for 2 weeks for ??? I got no e-mail and I play maybe once a week for 30 minutes.
I'm done with the game, it's dead as fuck and the only people left playing are faggots.
>>
*rezzes the game*
>>
>>1255348
use vpns while you play? travelling and playing? VMs? anyone else on your IP doing shady shit in game? might be some security thing
>>
Rottyschloppyscale ZB later?
>>
>>1255296
>troll farming
holy kino
>>
>>1255288
gw1 trading can be completed with something like kamabox, which solves a lot of information problems.
gw2 trading has a centralized trading post with prices known to everyone, but the prices are capped , there's a tax, and there's no player trading. imagine if gw1 trading only happened in plat and things could only be sold up to 100k, and you wouldn't even get 100k, the game taxes every trade 15%, so the real value cap is 85k. are you gonna sell a mini dhuum for 85k?
>>
File: fatkevin.jpg (30 KB, 293x236)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>1255417
>taxes
>in video games
Fuck no
>>
>>1255417
>prices are capped
>no player trading
How in the fuck does that work?
>>
>>1255417
So like a taxed auction instead of direct trading? That's dumb
>>
Might get back into GW, this thread has been pretty active recently
>>
File: 1701893991514645.jpg (2.55 MB, 3088x2048)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
bones are sold out
again
>>
File: Spoiler Image (117 KB, 400x304)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
>>1255460
>>
File: worry.jpg (12 KB, 248x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>got sick of farming eggs and bunnies
>gotta start farming cupcakes soon
>>
>feel when you haven't farmed and you carry zero guilt
>>
>Farmed 1k eggs
>Just 8 more years of this and I’ll max treasure hunter
>>
File: guilt.jpg (21 KB, 248x248)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>1255510
That's what you think
>>
File: 1699484679851742.jpg (25 KB, 200x200)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1255485
>farmed too many eggs and bunnies
>anti-farm code is still on full blast when cupcakes begin
>>
Does someone want a q9 greater highlander blade? It's not worth much but the skin is cool so I'm just giving it away for free.
>>
>>1255534
skin sucks
tattooed scimitar? sexy
>>
>>1255535
It's the quintessential fantasy sword skin, philistine.
>>
Post your favorite relatively cheap but cool weapon skins
Here’s a couple of mine:
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Oaken_Aegis
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wyvern_Blade
>>
File: Sephis_Sword[1].jpg (29 KB, 710x167)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1255544
I like "fantasy but not anime"
>>
>>1255417
That mini dhuum is a fantastic example, but the situation is even dumber than you describe. Max amount of gold you can set a sell offer at is 10,000 gold which means if anyone buys your buy order, you will be losing 1,500 gold to taxes, HOWEVER you also lose money just listing the sell order costs you 5% while selling the item costs 10%, so if you list for 10,000 gold and someone else undercuts you at 9,999 gold to undercut them will cost you another 5% which would be 500 gold AGAIN. Or you can skip the buy order and sell the item to a sell order of 8,000 gold but that has a 10% tax meaning you lose even more.

GW2 also has a max gold cap of 200,000 gold which is pretty high but for high end players is not nearly enough and often results in them keeping multiple alt accounts because gold is the only currency*.

>>1255433
It's caused a MASSIVE almost black market trading hub amongst players trying to avoid the 15% tax, because trading can only be done via mail scamming is a common occurrence and anet has made it an incredibly simple process to change your account name. So the meta strategy is

Step1 ) Create a character with random name

Step 2) Scam someone, get your accountname blacklisted from the trade community

Step 3) Have anet change your account name and delete your character

Step 4) Profit and repeat.

I've rarely heard of anet ever taking any actions against scammers. BUT WAIT, it gets dumber the blackmarket has their own trusted middlemen who offer 1% tax for safe trades BUT you can only mail 500 gold per week, and you can only receive up to 500g per week, for trades like 10k middlemen have to send gold from 20 different accounts, and you have to wait 20 weeks to collect it all but it can sometimes take even longer since middlemen might need to wait for their alt to gain ability to send gold again and this whole thing can rarely trigger anet's anti RMT code resulting in a ban which then has to be appealed and explained to their support.
>>
>>1255677
So in conclusion, in anet's attempts to spend less time dealing with scammer support tickets like in GW1 they have created a system which has

1) Made scamming even easier

2) Caused even MORE scammer reports clogging up their emails than even in GW1 which are thusly ignored.

3) Helped disguise RMTer's with actual trade traffic resulting in even more wasted support time as they have to deal with ban appeals

4) Made a system that punishes players for engaging with their TP systems.

Somehow anet has managed to make a system that is the worst of both worlds, all the downsides of GW1's trading, with all the downsides of other MMO TP's with very few of the benefits of either. Anet truly are world class innovators in their ability to turn simple systems into utter fucking trainwrecks.
>>
File: 1689965592368025.jpg (456 KB, 800x976)
456 KB
456 KB JPG
>>1255544
>>
File: 1676055457121240.png (694 KB, 705x705)
694 KB
694 KB PNG
>>1255677
>BUT you can only mail 500 gold per week, and you can only receive up to 500g per week, for trades like 10k middlemen have to send gold from 20 different accounts, and you have to wait 20 weeks to collect it all but
>>
>>1255677
What do you even trade for 10k? I thought the most expensive things were legendaries and that they used account bound mats anyway
>>
File: stealthiest GW2 thief.png (821 KB, 1902x985)
821 KB
821 KB PNG
>>1255714
Hahahahahaha I'm so glad you asked because I get to pull out my favorite picture a friend of mine took of me.

In this screenshot is 20 people. I am the giant spider. Did you know that the spider tonic has the largest player model? Did you know that aura effects are based on your player model size? Did you know you can stack effects on top of eachother to make them even brighter? DID YOU KNOW THAT INFUSION EFFECTS ARE ALWAYS RENDERED EVEN IF YOUR SETTINGS ARE ON LOWEST.

I present to you, exquisite high tier GW2 fashion I call "The lightbulb". It is impossible to turn off or block me even if you don't render my character model you will still render the infusion effect because anet in their infinite wisdom decided "yeah this is fine" and there's nothing you can do to stop me so I can just follow you OR a group of 50 people around completely blocking your vision. Isn't that fun?

Infusions are cosmetic auras that typically go anywhere from few hundred gold to 10k+ gold. They have this interesting bug (it may as well be a feature) that I am almost sure was unintended where you can stack the effect on you up to 8 times making it more and more obnoxious, true end game GW2 fashion is about stacking as many cosmetic auras as possible to become a disco ball (sometimes they can look cool combined, but usually its visual aids).

I heard in recent months anet has given an option to turn off player cosmetic auras in settings but I've also heard it doesn't work so, lmao have fun.
>>
File: disgust (2).jpg (17 KB, 427x190)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>1255735
>>
>>1255735
sup aktium lol
>>
File: 1672616092459704.png (119 KB, 206x216)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>1254122
yesterday bank value was 660k
today bank value is 790k
by next week i will have to enter ecto territory
right in time for anniversary, and possibly, right in time for ecto prices to drop
i love trading
i love guild wars
>>
>>1255049
So I cleared normal Mallyx with
>3 mes
>bip N
>ST
>SoS
>Healing Burst Mo
And of course, the secret weapon Heroic Refrain
I could probably do HM if I spaced my Heroes better apart during the wave phase.
>>
>>1255852
Just FYI, there only "advantage" to doing Mallyx in HM is that you get two drops from the chest instead of one.
However, every weapon that drops there sucks shit. So it's not really worth the headache of HM.
>>
File: gotts.jpg (11 KB, 271x76)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>he doesn't farm GotTs on multiple accounts
Come on anon, that's just leaving money on the table
>>
>>1255867
hook me up with a nickset, broseidon
>>
>>1255886
sure, char name is Mod Insc Storage
Currently standing on stairs in Kama ae2
>>
File: gw108.jpg (486 KB, 1920x1080)
486 KB
486 KB JPG
>>1255898
Thanks dude.
>>
>>1255867
>levelling multiple characters solely to be able to reach nick wherever he goes
too much work, already can barely be bothered to play one more character through all the campaigns, much less the other eleven. unfun.
for my next trick i might continue nightfall with the scythe i got from factions.
on elementalist.
>>
>>1255903
yessir, happy to help

>>1255905
yeah I can't be fucked to do that either, I just have multiple accounts with varying amounts of progression. Mostly from friends who tried the game and didn't end up sticking with it.
So if Nick happens to be already accessible by that account, then I get the GotTs that week.

Not sure that there's a good build for E/D. If you like melee ele, I recommend you try this build. Anny event is next week so you can get the axe really soon.
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/User:Yung_Rocks/Sandbox/Ebon_Dragon
>>
>>1255912
>anniversary axe
hmmmmm Erectile Dysfunction or EW...
slut running around with an axe is hot...
>>
>>1255912
>>1255920
>double dragon
>cast by me instead of Jade Brotherhood Mage
>on a pet
lmao im definitely doing this
>>
>>1255905
>can barely be bothered to play one more character through all the campaigns, much less the other eleven. unfun
what do you like doing?
>>
>>1255912
>>1255924
user tip: if you target an enemy it auto doubledragons the closest ally to them
>>
>>1255925
i like figuring out new things.
i think mostly the idea of doing more campaigns is im primarily thinking of trying out farms, but they're gated behind basically doing entire campaigns for the respective characters to obtain certain skills, which puts me off. just playing casually is alright, but that level competes with non-gw things.
that being said im probably remembering how i played sidequest completionist with pugs. maybe it's a lot faster than i think. i should look up the actual requirements.
>>1255928
good to know, thank you
>>
So some rumors are swirling that the next gw2 expac might be set in Pre-Searing somehow…
>>
>>1255935
>gated behind basically doing entire campaigns for the respective characters to obtain certain skills
you can unlock with balth faction and then tome it. the only annoying shit is in grind of the north
also playing through campaigns is where I do like 90% of my experimentation. cap an elite, make a build with it, use it til you hit the next elite
>>
File: 20210518_104756.jpg (85 KB, 486x420)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>1255943
>the first day dawns on the kingdom of ascalon
>the rise evil prince adelbern has disrupted the peace between human and charr
>>
>>1255954
eotn skills in a lot of builds. also one i was thinking of is judgement strike, which is in desolation.
randomly picking up whatever elite comes along and making builds around those sounds fun, i will do that.
>>
>>1255959
>judgement strike
desu that skill kinda looks like shit
>>
>>1255979
i saw it used for farming gates of kryta hm, which i can't do atm. everyone says gates of kryta has bones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6rOp0j2S0the other one being raptors, which is the eotn skills.
>>
Do you any other good farm spots for a Warrior? I already have a build for raptors and vaettirs, and yesterday I tried the Gates of Kryta build
>>
>>1255999
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfdogqVplcO8LfUIghfqFIT-yQuDzUDpi
>>
>>1255999
>>1256001
Yeah, ministerial farm is pretty decent but you have to get far enough into WoC to do it.
>>
>>1256005
I was thinking about having a friend help me with my assassin for that, the warrior is my main so i want to complete all the quests to get Zei RI
>>
>>1255999
how are the rates on kryta?
>>
>>1256011
bones drop decently often
>>
>>1256001
Thanks for the playlist anon, but I already know about that. I was wondering if you knew other builds.
>>
>>1255981
what character(s) do you have?
>>
>>1255296
giga soul
>>
>>1256055
ele monk necro sin
ranger derv war
>>
If I turn in my hamnet quest now will I be able to take it when the quests reset in a few hours?
>>
last two days someone buyin out the bones
now someone buyin out the feathers
>>
>>1256084
yes
>>
I hit level 17 in pre bros
I'm gonna make it
>>
>>1256120
You can do it anon, never stop
>>
>>1253924
two and a half days ago
>"means i can buy the item in a month"
today
>pic related

i love trading

i love guild wars
>>
any europeanbro have experience with doing pugs from american servers? is there lag or delay? also do people pug DoA? I just came back to the game and my guild is absolutely dead.
>>
>>1256153
>any europeanbro have experience with doing pugs from american servers?
I came back exactly because I could do almost anything without PUGs, honestly.

>also do people pug DoA?
The /vm/ guild finished it in HM last week, but I'll let them tell you the rest
>>
GW2 is coming to rape pre-searing :)
thought I let you know
>>
>>1256167
>visit an area previously known in gw1 to subvert expectations
isn't that just the same trick gw2 has been doing for the past 10 years?
>>
>>1256170
I dunno, but with how much the GW2 team is sour on GW1, you would think they would just move on already and do their own OC. I would prefer it honestly.
>>
>>1256170
>>1256174
They get off by corrupting what you and I love, just leave them be and have fun with GW(1).

Today in presearing someone simply walked to me and gave me stuff, and another one ran next to me wherever I went.

I love guild wars
>>
>>1256174
Too bad for them, they're supposedly working on GW3 now. Although this raises further questions of where they are going to take that.
Are they going to subvert their own subversions? What's there to do now that the Dragons and gods are gone now? Wars between the guilds will never happen again because that would involve breaking up the coalition of races, which their diverse team of writers would never allow. Imagine a game where instead of horde or alliance, you pick one of the Tyrian races. I'd love that just to see the population number comparisons.
They haven't bothered setting up anything for the future of Tyria. Instead they've settled on visiting different realms for their latest expac and pre-searing will either be time travel or parallel dimensions bullshit.
They really do want out but daddy NCSoft won't let them.
>>
if charr were such good boys innocently trying to reclaim their stolen land, why did they invade Kryta and Orr as well?
>>
>>1256191
it wasnt their fault, they were tricked by abaddon :(
abaddon was killed by the one true g-d btw, praise her name she saved the world, her name is k--
>>
>>1256194
What would be the most shameful build to give to Pyre and then forget he exists? I'd like to spite anet like the TOTAL CHARRNIGGER DEATH of the previous OPs
>>
>>1256195
Comfort Animal, Melandru's Stalker
Just to remind him he's just a dumb mindless cat
>>
File: pyre.jpg (243 KB, 685x646)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>1256196
done
>>
File: Runic_Blade.jpg (37 KB, 865x202)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>1255544
I'm a simple man
>>
File: Koss[1].jpg (39 KB, 440x900)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>1256194
>her name is k--
>>
File: 1693845571808261.jpg (155 KB, 843x607)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>1256244
>gw2 is gonna rewrite koss to be a woman with multiple personalities
>>
File: Awakened_Koss_Dejarin.jpg (205 KB, 511x1074)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>1256263
Koss already appeared in GW2 years ago. He's pretty much as he used to be, chilling as an undead, immortal Koss the Boss.
>>
>>1255367
I don't do any of that shit and I don't care. I'm over the game.
Any anons want my shit if I remember in 2 weeks?
>q9 voltaic
>dhuums soul reaper
>os q9 max stormbow 15^50
>a couple q9 froggys and CCs
>q9 emerald blade
>q9 cobalt staff (forget att)
>300a + 500e
>loadsamoney in other misc stuff

>>1256151
Glad you're happy but you got fleeced.
>>
>>1256268
>undead
why
>>
File: gw comparison.png (1.23 MB, 1079x963)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>1256291
see you in 2 weeks :)
>>
>>1256297
Joko killed and then raised all the Sunspears as a humiliation ritual.
>>
>>1256291
kamabox results showed 250e at the low end, and arms currently are 45~60e trending down. these were my first arms too, i don't know their liquidity + am not interested in holding them.
either way, i make money easily, i find vizu sellers not so easily. even if it was 300 or 400e i would've bought it eventually, this is something i've wanted since i was a kid cause nika made my pp the big pp. now i have her. and i also have ways to make money.
>>1256302
>killed ascalon and cantha then raised them as a humiliation ritual
what did anet mean by this?
>>
>>1256291
I can always use some money
>>
>>1256153
It's fine if you didn't cheap out on your choice of ISP, might get a little rubberbanding going on but it's otherwise very playable.

>>1256167
In what way? I'm to lazy to google.
>>
>>1255905
i paid for runs on all my alts, did the nf + eotn content to unlock most of the nec + mes heroes and youre good to do anything. just need enough plat + skill points/flames to unlock meta builds, can walk 10 accounts through any nm content at the same time letting heroes do all the work
>>
>>1256291
ill take the q9 vs, os stormbow, all the arms please and thank you.
>>
>>1256291
If you really don't want that stuff and you don't mind i'll get dhuum's soul reaper and the emerald blade if they're not customized, thanks anon
>>
>>1256081
I meant set up, there are derv and war builds to farm gates of kryta with no mandatory pve skills iirc
maybe whirlwind, which you can get in 5 mins, or the kurz/lux one that you can buy from the gh
>>
>>1256291
ill take some arms like 50
>>
>>1256153
yuro here, I've been doing pugs with burgeroid scum because there's no other alternative and the lag isn't even that bad.
Even if I'm pugging as mesmer I can reliably interrupt 1s casts. It's fine.
>>
>>1256170
is that the quote
maybe it's nightfallen jahai
>>1256291
I'll take some stuff if you're not sentimental about it
you might come back in a few years
>>
>>1256291
Like everyone else, I'd be perfectly happy taking some of your stuff.
But you should consider not doing this because you will come back eventually and want your stuff.
>>
>>1256291
I'll hold onto the voltaic and some ectos for the paragon I plan to make soon.
>>
File: ultimate fantasy.png (13 KB, 552x443)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>1256186
>I'd love to see the population number comparisons
I bet you could of guessed it lol

would be total charr death based on populations.

>>1256291
I'll take like 50a if you remember
>>
Yell ITT if you're going to do Vloxen
>>
>>1256429
DESPITE BEING 13% OF TYRIA POPULATION CHARR COMMIT OVER 50% OF VIOLENT CRIMES
(15^50 gets a new meaning ;^) )
>>
>>1256429
I'm actually surprised the asura are not only that high but above charr as the creature race. Figured furries would favor them. The charr are fun to hate because of memes but asurans are genuinely obnoxious faggots.
>>
File: average asura player.jpg (439 KB, 2560x1440)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>1256472
it's the lolicons
>>
Nobody is buying my gotts. I thought the people paying for this were loaded? Cheap ass FUCKS
>>
>>1256451
15^50 is 6.376215e58, an extremely high number.
>>
File: 1141571796680839178.jpg (120 KB, 956x956)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>1256351
>there are derv and war builds to farm gates of kryta
i didn't think of that
>>
>gw2 troons invaded
>>
pvp is THE best money maker in guild wars
>>
>>1256640
please elaborate
>>
>>1256657
No :)
>>
>>1256657
bot JQ and sell the zkeys
>>
>>1256657
zkeys: sell for 8-10a per stack right now, you can also get them from halls chest after every win (1 every 12 minutes).

then you have the boxes. hero boxes 4-6a per stack, glad boxes 40-50a, champ boxes 40-50a, strategist boxes 20-30a.

during sweet treat week/lucky week/etc, at the end of a 5+ minute gvg match you get 10 of the weekly items.

then you also have the hall of heroes chest. every 12 minutes you get a drop, anything from a balth flame to mini ghostly. you'll mostly get random gold drops, but can also get celestial sigils which salvage into a gold zcoin.

then you also have the zaishen quests which can be farmed quickly, especially the heroes ascent quest. many people will farm that and hit the max for buying zkeys with balth faction (25/day)
>>
>>1256661
Fuck off Lgit
>>
tfw no a
>>
>>1256674
i don't understand. how do you farm pvp? is it all bots in there and you just win ezpz or something? or are there a lot of people and thats just the participation award? i guess ill look up what a zkey is.
>>
>>1256691
there are a lot of bots, in heroes ascent its pretty much all bots but real people do play, you will get real games in there but only at the last map. random arena is infested with bots, if you get a few people together and join at the same time, sometimes you get lucky and can farm the bots and interrupt the syncers. gvg happens sporadically but is synced/botted fairly often throughout the day, but the automated daily tournaments can be competitive.. jade quarry/fort aspenwood is filled with bots too. codex arena is basically only botters as far as i know.

if you want to get started in pvp, best off going to heroes ascent as an ele
>>
File: gw137.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1080)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
Today I vanquished Mirror of Lyss and Melandru's Hope.
>>
>>1256728
echovald is peak comfy
>>
>>1256745
Only for E/Mo players.
>>
Someone wanted vamp bowstring?
>>
gaaaaaaaaaaay
>>
whats this guy doin
>>
>>1256842
He's trading GW1 currency to you in exchange for your currency in Old School Runescape (OSRS)
>>
>>1256842
broke: RMT
woke: FOREX
>>
Can we make a guild bet on if there's gonna be anything substantial for the anniversary or will it be a nothingburger?
We could bet some ectos on it.
>>
>>1256919
im pretty sure its all automated isnt it? maybe stephen has cooked something nice up for us but...
>>
>>1256919
would have to define what constitutes a result as "substantial", and possibly have a judge.
im willing to bet up to 100k. on nothingburger.
>>
>>1256923
>would have to define what constitutes a result as "substantial"
Something like the 2020th anniversary, be it new weapons, skills, areas, balance changes.
>and possibly have a judge.
Monk will do it, the fuck we pay him for?
>>
>>1256919
This is only the 19th anniversary, right? If they’re preparing anything for gw1, I think they’d wait for the 20th. 2025 is a nice looking year too
>>
What the hell, is eternal yuletide tonic really worth that much? I see 10a+ on kamabax, I got it years ago and put it on a mule because it doesn't do anything
>>
>>1256966
you can use it in combat areas
>>
>>1256674
>5+ minute gvg
Aren't these usually like 20ish minutes long?
>>
>>1257258
maybe he means waiting out the timer and resigning
you'd have to be retarded to farm event drops with gvg instead of vaettir or raptors tho, it's just a side benefit
>>
>>1257258
with 2 balanced teams, sure, but if 1 team is significantly weaker, they can easily be over before 5 minutes
>>
>>1256919
this anniversary? Nothing. Next year 20th anniversary? I'd be down to place a 100k bet, though I'd rather we did it in January 2025 so we don't all forget lol

>>1256926
WAIT I'M SUPPOSE TO BE GETTING PAID??

>>1257258
When we did our scrimmages last time most matches only lasted 5-10 minutes. We did have one match go a full 20 minutes due to teams being really well balanced which caused a back and forth battle.
>>
Up until last month I was playing gw1 and made purchases with my 20y old email, but I now lost access to it.

Who do I write about this to change my mail?
>>
>>1257363
arenanet support will help you most likely. it helps if you know your character names or better yet your cd keys
>>
>>1257338
>WAIT I'M SUPPOSE TO BE GETTING PAID??
You mean there's no charge of 5 armbraces to get invited to the guild?
>>
>anni a week away
>ectos at 6k
hm maybe ill take the 23 for 100k deals now?
>>
>>1257437
What do you need the money for? Nine Rings?
>>
>>1257437
unless you need liquid money, buy picks
actually even if you need liquid money, resell picks that you bought with ecto
100k/23e is 4.3k an ecto. for 65e, valuing a pick at 1.2k (faction merchant price you can't get, or could instantly move) that's ecto value of 4.6k. 1.25k (standard kamadan price you could probably move) is 4.8k, 1.5k (merchant price) is 5.8k
>>
What armor is worth crafting and would actually sell, if any? (To get rid of all this fucking CLOTH).
>>
>>1257443
>selling armor
anon....
>>
>>1257445
oh yeah kek that can't be traded right? I don't want to make armor but I don't want cloth clogging my storage and I don't have tons of dust to make silk.
>>
>>1257438
i have money. i'm about to hit 1000k. econ man said ectos would be dropping by now and i was hoping to move money there. i guess ill move money to characters for now.
>>1257442
100k/23e = ecto value 4.3k
100k/1250 = 80 picks. where are you getting ecto value 4.8k from?
supposing it is 4.8k wouldn't i want to buy ecto? i want more of the stuff if i'm buying it.
>>
>>1257449
ecto will probably drop when the event starts
>where are you getting ecto value 4.8k from
250 picks in a stack, lowest value you can buy a pick for is 1.2k at a faction merchant in a town your alliance owns, 250*1.2k=300k, most recent wts picks in kamadan chat: 65e, 300k/65e=4615gold/ecto. the standard market price for picks in gold is 1250g though (80 picks/100k), and 250*1.25k/65e=4807g/e
it's also about storage, 1 stack of picks is 3 characters' gold caps, and 3 stacks of picks is your account's gold cap. you're gonna top out pretty fast if you hold it all in gold
>>
>>1257461
this sounds like, aside from the part where the market moves in ecto, i should consider buying picks any time they're more than 80/100k, and any time ecto is over 4.8k (less than 20/100k).
but currently ecto is under 4.8k (23/100k) so i should buy ecto.
unless i expect anni to drop it further, in which case i should wait for anni.
>>
>>1257465
*buying picks any time they're *less than 100k/80 or 62e/stk.
>>
>>1257442
>>1257461
Giga econ noob here. Essentially what you’re saying is that using lockpicks as a gold dump is generally better than ectos?
>>
About how long will 1m gold worth of tickets last in the nine rings thing?
>>
File: 1693734578592389.jpg (163 KB, 1166x610)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>1257465
>>1257469
>>1257472
basically
>if you're trying to buy the dip, it hasn't dipped yet
>picks are a safe store of gold-equivalent-value due to the fixed floor on their price from faction merchants and consistent use by players, and people selling them for ecto aren't doing the math on what they should be charging, so there's often arbitrage
I thought you were trying to hedge against the upcoming crash because ecto is sorta high right now. it can be a bit annoying to have your money in picks, but people always want them so you can shift em when the time comes (or get into chest running)
also whoever's selling you ecto for 100k/23 is retarded, they sell for more to the mat trader (which is supposed to be sub market value). you can make a small amount of money by flipping that until it equalizes
>>
>>1257477
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Nine_Rings#Title_landmarks
328 hours, or about the length of the event
it's random though, you could run out early, or not lose it all
>>
>>1257481
Got it
>>1257483
Damn, guess I don’t need the full 1m then. I actually want to play during the event too lol
>>
>>1257481
>>1257472
my opinion is the crash that was supposed to happen march to april did happen and is still happening. we don't see it in the ecto-gold graph because it's happening on the arms-ecto trade.
i'm probably gonna buy ecto during anni in any case until i have like 150 because i like liquidity. lockpick liquidity is currently unknown to me.
>>
File: 1711249619737924.png (119 KB, 276x460)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>know nothin' about econ
>wait for megaautists to leave their lair and inform us lower peons on when to do things
>>
>>1257491
>we don't see it in the ecto-gold graph because it's happening on the arms-ecto trade
arms went up in ecto valuation? I thought the opposite was happening, they were like 100e a few months ago and now they're like 55
>>
>>1257494
buy deldrimor steel ingots now they're gonna increase in price 1000% in august
>>
>>1257497
crash means non-gold stuff goes down.
ecto:gold constant. arms:ecto crashing.
arms people have been selling for anni gold.
>>
>>1257509
I don't understand, that's just arms crashing. ecto are not gold constant, the current price is like 3x their recent low and it'd drop if people were fireselling it. once people liquidate for 9 rings you'll see that happen. if you kept your money in stacks of ecto, right now you'd be up, able to buy substantially more arms. if you want to store your value in its current price in gold, you can have gold up to your account cap or picks, everything else is volatile and prone to market changes (legit or botted)
and the point is kind of moot, because you don't really have arm money right? you're not getting anything out of this crash by swapping gold and ecto back and forth
>>
>>1257506
:O! How many should I invest in? Why will they go up in August? I'm aware August is Wayfarer's right? Only because I want to grab the Legionnaire stone lol but I don't know what else is important about it.
>>
>>1257515
yeah it is moot. that's why it can be fun. im mostly pondering the idea of market crashes during big events. it sounds like it should be true, and the arms crash is one way it could happen. the liquid vs storage question is kind of an aside to this and only on the radar at the same time because im hitting 1000k at the same time.
>>
>>1257517
I think he's memeing
what you should buy or craft depending on mat prices are your tempered glass vials for next week and your vials of ink for august
>>
>>1257522
>liquid vs storage
gotta get out there and do some research, make an alt and post "wts ecto 80=100k" in kamadan and see how many responses you get :^)
>>
>>1257523
i just want deldimor steel ingots to go up for no reason
>>
>>1257447
Just go farm FoW for a bit and salvage all the dark remains you get they give like 15 dust a piece.
>>
>>1257449
>>1257515
Market is going through a sort of freeze at the moment due to the shock of the sudden arms value drop people are a lot more uncertain about the value of things so you see big players being tight on their money. Because arms are lower in value recently this puts increased pressure on people to trade in ectos so people who would typically buy GotT right now don't want to since they also need those ectos to do other trades that they would normally use their arms for.

Meanwhile the people who most frequently sell ectos to mat traders to drive the price down (poor players) who rely on selling GotT to get them are struggling to sell them for the reasons above but also because as we get closer to the festival the games population starts to swell so all of the sudden you have more people logging in trying to sell their GotT for ecto than before in prep of the festival.

GotT's demand will go back up, I would not trade GotT for arms right now if you can help it and if you are desperate need of funds for the festival I might be convinced into buying some GotT for raw gold.

As always, lockpicks are a better way to retain raw gold value, and golden zcoins are a solid alternative currency. Consets aren't bad either if you want something with more practical use but I'd recommend those first 2 as better alt currency investments.

PROPH PROG FRIDAY AT 7:00 PM EST WE ARE AT DUNES OF DESPAIR. Goal of that game will be to reach Dragon's Lair so we can have 8 man parties.
>>
File: feelsman.png (160 KB, 254x274)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
Trader mains when forced to play the game
>>
>>1257587
very nice, thank you
>>1257592
can't trade cause ecto markets are tight
can't farm cause anti-farm code
could play the game but 7 heroes eat up 87.5% of the drops
next stop: HA and JQ
>>
>>1257587
This all reminds me of when my brother tried to explain currency and commodity trading to me after Brexit. I think I get the gist of it. So I should cash out of ectos and arms, and instead put all my gold into deldrimor steel right?
>>
Can I get a quick rundown about what players are wanting money for during the holiday event?
>>
>>1257628
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Shing_Jea_Boardwalk

Shing Jea Boardwalk opens, so people can afk on the lucky rings or whatever it is for their Lucky/Unlucky titles, to play these you need to buy tickets, and people go through thousands of them
>>
Monk is the only profession I haven't made yet but it doesn't seem like it'd be fun playing alone/whith heroes.
>>
>>1257858
It was only bearable as smiting prayers for me, and even then, there's no way I'd want to make it a main char. Sucks, as it was so much fun with actual people.
>>
File: gw104.jpg (33 KB, 337x176)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Damn, this could've been really good if not r13
>>
How hard is it to get ran to LA or droks from ascalon? Thinking of finally starting that prophecies char.
>>
>>1258019sage
>I want to start a Proph charcter
>and immediately skip 90% of the campaign
>>
>>1258038
I was going to get max armor and then go back
>>
>>1258041
You can get 50% max armor in AC which will serve you well until you get to Droks.
>>
>>1258042
>50%
Do you think I'm a pleb?
>>
>>1258043
The answer is that it's not that hard, particularly for AC to LA. Droks is an annoying run with all the knockdowns.
>>
>>1258041
>I was going to get max armor and then go back
Probably faster to get to boreal station for that.
>>
>>1258050
Have to be lvl 10 for that.
>>
File: picnic.jpg (11 KB, 248x250)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>1258067
>have to be level 10 to get max armor and weapon
>>
>>1258019
should be able to find someone, its a pretty easy run

>>1258038
thats the best part of prophecies, you can play exactly what you want
>>
>>1258068
Someone who gets a run from AC to LA is unlikely to be level 10.
>>
>>1258041
lol
>>
Some of the prophecies armor art is awesome
>>
File: DS 74.7+ Polka.jpg (1.37 MB, 3403x5219)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB JPG
whoever spiked the price of deldrimor: i just made a lot of money thanks to you.
put me over 1000k for the first time.
also put me over 1100k for the first time.
also bought out the iron stock, no more iron for anyone
>>
>>1258307
Good. I have several stacks of iron taking up valuable space. Keep pumping it.
>>
File: 1709338155088966.gif (163 KB, 1150x500)
163 KB
163 KB GIF
>>1257506
>>1258307
we RUN this fucking economy
/biz/ ain't got shit on us
>>
man that was a big rush. went over 1200k for the first time too.
someone(?) bought a ton of stuff. if i gained ~300k that means i moved 500~1000k of material. that was with prices going down, and there was at least one other guy, so someone bought probably 1500~3000k of material.
iron ran out, charcoal doubled in price, dust price moved, i think fiber moved too.
i wonder where the other traders are. i don't seem to see them, but there's definitely other people doing it at the same time cause someone took the vellum money while i was working on ink.. maybe ill hop around the artisan points next time to check people out.
>>
>>1257506
>>1257609
>>1258307
>>1258326
Lmao wtf
>>
>>1258343
nice try, I'm crafting behind twelve vpns in instanced explorable areas, not outposts, AND my shit is set to d2 korean servers
you'll never catch me
>>
File: gw.png (65 KB, 293x127)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
Is this fella worth anything?
>>
>>1258377
yeah, worth sitting on and poking around at prices until you find a buyer.
>>
>>1258377
few arms at least
>>
>>1258377
hundreds of ecto
>>
>>1258395
>>1258390
>>1258387
Oh... I started playing ~3 weeks ago and randomly found the code while cleaning today. I guess I won't have to worry about money for a while.
>>
>>1258412
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_Traveler
you can get 5 of these a week for (usually easy) farming, and they sell for ~10 ecto each
if it's at all special to you, keep it
>>
>>1258416
>~10 ecto each
So 50e in total?
>>
>>1258644
yeah, per week
do it a couple times and you have way more than enough walking around money for runes or whatever
>>
>>1258652
Huh, I had thought that it's 10e for all 5 gotts.
>>
Does anyone buy birthday vouchers?
>>
>>1258731
birthday vouchers and the presents you get from them (surprise boxes) cannot be traded to other players
>>
>>1258735
so all I can d is roll the dice and trash the worthless minis eh?
>>
>>1258735
Are sixth or seventh presents better to go with?
>>
>>1258740
>>1258742
rare minis from the last box and tonics are worth something
>>
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: gw106.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1009)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
Explain this if you're so smart
>>
I wish assassins had more than just one good dagger spam chain.
>>
Anyone use an MMO mouse for this game? I have an old g600 I need to replace but it was discontinued.
>>
Sex with margonites.
>>
>>1259059
i wish assassins could be even flatter.
>>
File: jesus have mercy.jpg (135 KB, 1404x796)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>narrow bridge
>Spark of the Titan
>Spark of the Titan
>Spark of the Titan
>>
File: 1687928703507741.jpg (293 KB, 1041x892)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>1259061
>he doesn't use the official guild wars keyboard
>>
File: awareness.jpg (3 KB, 160x147)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>Farming GoK HM with wammo
>Sephis axe drops with +5e and 20% enchant naturally
>uninscribable and a common skin, so probably not worth much
>I like how it looks more than axe I was previously using, and if I throw a zealous on, it has perfect mods for this farm, so I customize and start using it
>find out later people like uninscribable ("OS") weapons and will pay extra for them
How much money did I throw away by customizing this thing? It was q9.
>>
>>1259247
oh god, remember when people played PC games using the arrow keys?
>>
Sigil trader is fixed.
>>
>>1259258
I still do that...
>>
>>1259261
oh shit
I wonder if the price will crash, because there aren't many new guilds but there's a constant influx
>>
>>1259277
Do you click your skillbar too? Not that I care but I do wonder.
>>
>>1259319
True gamers like me use the numbers row for 1-4 and the mouse for 5-8.
>>
>>1259319
it's nice to be able to click on the skillbar
>>
>>1259256
10-20e probably axe's (who aren't enovy/chaos) aren't that popular of weapons to use in PvE.

>>1259282
The real question is if he put a sell cap on it. I heard rumors black dye had a sell cap as well which could ironically cause a massive shakeup in the GW1 economy
>>
>>1259337
forgot to add to my post

PROPH PROG TONIGHT AT 7:00 PM EST

Also we're going try SoO on saturday at 7 PM EST as well just to get a gauge on how many people active that hour vs our usual.
>>
>>1259337
>sell cap
cap on price, or cap on number that can be sold?
I thought he just reset the price to a fixed value and hoped it worked itself out
>>
>>1259319
No, I use ASDF/ZXCV for skills.
>>
elite tomes seem a bit hard to find lately
>>
>>1259350
Zcoin traders have tons of them
>>
>>1259351
8e per tome is a hard pill to swallow
>>
File: 1537570250115.jpg (48 KB, 540x720)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1259346
>>
>>1259322
my nigga
>>
I want Familiar-Looking Hero as a hero in my party!
>>
File: Never apologize.jpg (68 KB, 331x500)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>1259368
Have I got news for you, anon!
>>
>>1259247
I always wanted one of these lol
Still do, actually
>>
>>1259319
1-4 + Q, E, R, and F
Only noobs need Q and E to strafe
>>
>>1259352
Cap sigs are just one plat
>>
>>1259319
my left hand is doing other things
>>
>>1259406
That's like 50 cloth and 50 wood
>>
File: shutterstock!.jpg (1.56 MB, 1500x1101)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>mfw 50 bolts of cloth and 50 planks of wood is cheap
>>
Frostmaw later?
>>
File: 1708885174078961.jpg (96 KB, 640x640)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>1259488
Yes I'll be down for multiple runs. We will get at least 1 Silverwing Recurve right?
>>
>>1259497
How does a diamond and grim cesta sound?
>>
>>1259497
>>1259499
best I can do is an onyx gemstone
>>
>>1259488
yell in the thread when you dorks form a group
>>
>>1259520
WE'RE ASSEMBLING FOR FROSTMAW GET IN NOW NOW NOW
>>
>>1259342
I heard that it might of had a minimum sell value that was too high but checking now that doesn't seem to be the case for black dyes. Not sure about sigils

PROPH PROG 20 MINUTES TODAYS GOAL IS TO REACH DRAGON'S LAIR.

Also if a certain strong white man sees this, this prog full of nubile woman casters is in need of him to carry us through dragon's lair.
>>
>>1259520
WE ARE GOING AGAIN.
>>
>>1259621
might have had*
>>
File: Male_Warrior_Dance.gif (411 KB, 185x200)
411 KB
411 KB GIF
https://strawpoll.com/e2narBOQ9gB
>>
>>1259689
Needed male/female options.
Female para = cute
Male para = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5s54x1cW30
Same with mesmers
>>
>>1259692
if you're female you're gay and if you pick monk you're automatically gay so no
>>
>>1259693
Tiny female monks are imagine tier.
>>
File: 1711271988066599.png (68 KB, 223x223)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>1259689
>no Monk
I see you.
>>
>>1259689
Trying to decide on what class to pick to best fit your bussy?
>>
File: file.jpg (83 KB, 1018x402)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Since there is some interest in SoOSC, here's a run that I recorded from 2018: https://youtu.be/v5N2B8HbNFM
Also another entertaining SC is Oola's lab; you do it with touch rangers. Oola is worth doing too since it drops Storm Daggers.
>>
>>1259689
>not a power ranking ordered list
coward
>>
>>1259736
got any build pages for these so I can try to ready my ranger for it?
>>
>>1259745
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_SoO_Rangerway
Also for Oola Touchway, I have this from 2018 as well:https://youtu.be/iDYmha4YOA0
You literally run to the end of each level and touch the bosses to death. Can clear in about 10 minutes if we want to try an easy SC.
>>
tfw no ranger
>>
>>1259745
we'll probably do non-sc soo if people show up not prepared too
>>
>>1259745
>>1259750
>>1259754
>>1259770
Saturday at 7 PM EST we are going to try SoOsc if this is your first time doing a SC don't worry we'll explain as we go.

In general we need people running rangers. I can cover one of the assassin roles unless someone more experienced than me wants to (which would be cool cause I'd rather play ranger). As rangers your main responsibility is: Make sure you have Ebon Escape (vanguard), triple shot (luxon), and Dwarven Stability (deldrimor) unlocked, I can provide all cons needed.

>I don't have the outposts
I can run you to anything you need just ask at least an hour~ or earlier before we play
>I don't have the exact gear specifics
Ranger can be a bit more loose with it's gear requirements you don't strictly need 5 survivor insig's but it will help, you don't strictly need any of these weapons but having them helps and you'll want at least 1 of the "for running" weapon sets I can help provide that if you don't have any on hand.
>I don't have ranger
A derv or ritualist works too
>I am noob
I'm sure at least half or more of this group will have never even done this before it'll be a cool experience and at worst we'll just do some normal runs if it doesn't work out.
>>
>>1259319
I have my skills bound to 1,2,3,4 and then Shift+1 for 5, Shift+2 for 6, etc.
I do that but also click skills intermittently.
>>
>>1259938
>then Shift+1 for 5, Shift+2 for 6, etc.
>>1259938
You people are worse than Hitler.
>>
>>1259938
>Shift+1 for 5, Shift+2 for 6
What? How? I remember trying to do this, but the game didn't have the functionality for binding modifier keys.
>>
Every time I see someone in an outpost with an odd name I wonder if its one of you guys
>>
I can do either soosc or oola touch
>>
i'm so fucking lonely
>>
File: securethatshit.gif (1.7 MB, 480x260)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB GIF
>>1260055
We have higher standards than ff14trons
>>
>>1260063
>ff14trons
autobots roll out
>>
File: TB Hotkeys.jpg (103 KB, 842x689)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>1259997
GWToolbox, my man. Link is in the OP
>>
is a q9 tac skele shield worth anything? eotn one
>>
>>1260212
You might be able to get like 10e for it, if you can find a buyer. Not very high demand for it though.
>>
>>1260212
In last thread I made a general post for how to figure out if something is valuable or not

>>1249971

> Is it a gold item unique to an end game dungeon with a low req in a useful stat?
It's a common gold drop, I guess req9 isn't the worst but no, it's not a unique skin.
> Is it OS with good useful with perfect inscriptions?
Since it dropped in EotN I'm going assume it's not OS, so also no.
>Are the inscriptions actually valuable?
Still don't know what inscriptions are on it but I'm going assume no and since it's not OS, that matters even less

in general people unless you are in a high end dungeon and you get a gold drop, your gold drops aren't worth anything. Or if they are rq8 they can sometimes be worth something.
>>
did some questies now I'm going to farm dcores :3
>>
What is the most enjoyable campaign (that is, skillset/access to skills) to level a Ranger?
>>
>>1260267
Regardless of profession, Factions is the fastest to level 20. However, leveling in NF gets you heroes sooner, so that is my personal preference. Plus you get the Sunspear skills early on.
I have an NF ironman ranger and I've been using Burning Arrow + Necrosis for decent damage.
>>
>>1259786
>7 PM EST
fuck I can't make it that late, thought it was earlier
hf, get a bds 4 me
>>
>>1259786
everyone except for me is required to use jora tonics while i will be using an odgen tonic do not ask why
>>
>>1260291
all good I wanted to try a slightly later game this weekend because we had a lot of people indicate they were free for 7 PM games

speaking of that time, during the anniversary festival we will be doing daily HA every day at 7 PM EST. For our first couple games I want us to start with a pretty simple meta team so anyone new to HA can understand the flow of the game I'm thinking something like this would be a good starting team set up:

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Invoke_Spike

As we get more familiar with HA we can start experimenting and etc... We need monks, and anyone willing to monk is appreciated no matter how little experience you have.

TODAYS DAILY ZAISHEN COMBAT IS HA LOG ON AND GRAB IT TODAY IN PREP FOR FESTIVAL FOR FREE 350 ZCOINS.
>>
>>1260301
I monked to R6 way back for GvG and HA. Can play infuser or RC. I'll try my best...
>>
>>1260301
I can come monk, ign Sage Lightseer will be on later tonight send fren requests if you want for when I log on you can in me and I’ll heal whatever
>>
>>1260301
can you lose connection and reconnect mid-HA
asking for a friend
>>
>>1260340
yes, ive done it before. works pretty well if your party doesnt change map, but if you do change map, then its a bit rough and only sometimes

>>1260301
2 monks... i look forward to seeing you all in ha...
>>
>Favor
Farmbros, it's our time.
I've been trying raptor and vaettir farms for the first time over the last couple days. I think I'm gonna go for Legendary Survivor over the anniversary while farming event drops. They're both fun, and I've gotten half way to legendary survivor twice just practicing the run and messing around.
>>
>>1260551
Vaettirs are super easy if you want to go for survivor because all you need not to die is to maintain your enchantments. Even if you get bodyblocked or drop SF for a sec it won't kill you.
Just pop some +exp scrolls and you're set.
>>
>>1260551
FWIW, there is an afk farm for Survivor
I also use that farm to get skill points for consets
>>
>>1260551
I can't do the destroyer farm I mess up balling each time and they spike me too hard eventually help brehs...
>>
WE PLAYING IN 20 MINUTES
>>
>>1260625
Playing what
>>
>>1260633
Shards of Orr, going do some BDS rolling.

We were going to do SC, but our assassin not feeling too confident and this run hangs on assassins knowing by a good bit.
>>
oh well that's a shame I have a zb on fendi nin but I'm leaving for gym just now, have fun guys
>>
>>1260568
Funny enough, I die more at vaettirs than raptors. I am just too retarded to cast SF every 18 seconds, it seems.
>>
doing another SoO if anyone wants in
>>
>>1260714
>dying at vaettirs
how
>>
>>1260762
how long does it take?
>>
File: guild wars.png (308 KB, 640x1400)
308 KB
308 KB PNG
>>1260766
largely depends on party comp but we just ran a wonky group so we're a bit more prepared this time
i'd say around an hour probably a tad longer maybe
come to vlox's
>>
>>1260769
no can do it's 3am here, good luck fellas
>>
>>1260764
If you don't recast your enchants often enough you won't have enough flat damage reduction from Shadow Form to survive with all 60 vaettirs hitting you. I've died a few times to that, though its easy to avoid if you aren't entirely zoned out
>>
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:R/N_HM_Stygian_Veil_Trapper
>>
>>1260764
trying to say 0.1 mana casting stoneflesh 0.1 seconds later
>>
>>1260612
If you're doing glint HM you need r/a but if you bring a life barrier monk then it should be brain dead. Just cast it on yourself and flag hero away.
>>
>>1260823
figured it out, works just fine, thanks
>>
>>1260764
Sometimes I cast deadly paradox on cooldown, so then my next SF doesn't last longer than its cooldown. Although I can kind of correct for this by using echo. More often, I drop SF because I'm focusing too much on trying to avoid getting body blocked while grouping up the vaettirs. Or I just zone out and forget about it altogether.
>>
File: SoOdervway.png (845 KB, 630x583)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
Our SoO runs were pretty rough tonight we decided to not do SC so we pugged it with random comps and went and while fun was a bit disasterous, our 2nd run was much faster. However I kind of want to see how much we can optimize this legit without having to resort to speedrun shenengians

Current thoughts are a comp something like this, I present to you: SoO dervway

Premise is pretty simple. Dervs run holy scythe and hit undead like truck. A dagger ranger with ebon + TaO for extra melee damage. Orders vampire which will give all melee life steal on attacks + extra damage and 2X adrenaline gain. Ritual Lord ritualist for max level recup + rejuv (effectively +16 regen pips, 23 total if we count TaO) along with even more condi removal healing recovery will make condis last -60%. SoS rit for splinter weapon and extra damage, with spirit gift can provide AoE condi removal. Finally a port monk using life sheath since we have no ST it'll give some extra condi removal cover and easy access to healing.

It might be better if one of the dervs dropped LoD for SV, since well have necro support they'll be able to maintain SV real easily.

What do you guys think? Kinda want to try this next SoO we run to see how fast we can make a non SC clear go.
>>
wao neet teambuilder
how 2 do dis?
>>
>>1260852
>dropped LoD for SV
sv?
I'd be down, I was busy tonight but I can do next week on derv (or the normal ranger comp), can probably get at least 1 extra ranger too
was rough due to low headcount/comp problems or inexperience?
>>
>>1260856
"Save Yourselves" with the necro running Dark Fury (doubles adrenaline gain) and being they are dervs, a single derv attack that hits 4 enemies would be enough to instantly gain enough to cast SV.

Was mostly rough purely on our own fault cause we decided in favor of any strategy "nah lets wing it" and first run took no condi clears, along with 5 physicals and a single resto ritualist. Meanwhile every enemy in the dungeon was spamming blindness so half our party was just missing constantly lol. After we planned it out bit better went better.

>>1260855
There's probably a more modern better tool but I'm oldschool. I used pawned
>>
>>1260860
>Save Yourselves is SV
>>
>>1260900
light of deldrimor
>>
>>1260852
what website is this?
>>
File: peepshow[1].gif (429 KB, 500x278)
429 KB
429 KB GIF
>asked for a crystal desert taxi
>guy wants 150e
>>
>>1261053
Use this guy. He's cheaper. :-)
>>1242511
>>
>>1261054
So cheap he's DEAD
>>
>>1261055
I won't volunteer people but there are some who have offered, and probably will offer again, to run people wherever.
>>
>>1261065
Yeah I know, I just was surprised that a tiny tour of the crystal desert apparently costs 150e, so like 3As.
>>
>>1261069
I'm more surprised people pay that kind of shit. I guess if you have shitloads of As then it isn't an issue and I imagine a lot of lurking monsters around who have played for over a decade with fucktons of resources.
>>
>>1261069
runners these days being either 150-250e or tips vaguely bothers me. no market for The People
maybe ill learn a few runs
>>
Only bother going on a run if they say they're running for tips. Anyone advertising runs is going to Jew you.
>>
I can do a desert run sometime. Both of my running characters need it anyway.
Are there any teleporters required after the first to get to Augury?
>>
File: file.jpg (347 KB, 1500x1500)
347 KB
347 KB JPG
Lads assemble at reset for ZB.
>>
i have really low iq
>>
>>1261000
That's not a website, it's the pawned^2 build planner program.
>>
glint farm is real good:
>ranger and rit tomes
>goldies
>dcores
>60 or so mobs so good on event items
takes 4 minutes per run THOUGH
>>
>>1261160
Is this the afk thing where you drop an EoE and watch TV while your mesmers kill everything? I used to make money selling the hero armor you get from that.
>>
>>1261165
nah the solo whirling defense one
>>
>>1261167
Ah. I'll have to give that one a try if I ever get around to beating EotN with my ranger.
>>
>>1261160
>tfw my account has 4x the amount of warrior tome drops toggled on somehow
I genuinely have about 22 warrior tomes compared to low/mid single digits of any others.
>>
>>1261160
am i supposed to think 4 minutes is high
>>
Is it worth bringing an MM to vizunah square if I have the mercenary mesmer team?
>>
>>1261175
yeah aura n/rt heal support is kick ass there
>>
>when I last played, arms were 60k
>now they're 60e
>when I last played, gott were 5k
>now they're 10e
>when I last played, +30 hp weapon mods were 30k+
>now they're 1-2e
>when I last played, runs were 1-2k
>now they're 100-200e
>when I last played, q9 dead swords were 100k+30e
>now they're 5-10e
>when I last played, unid golds were 7 for 5k
>now they're 7 for 5k
If storage space were infinite, these things would be the most secure investment possible.
>>
>>1261174
well compared to raptors
>>
>>1260852
why no gdw?
don't you need to fuck on fendi at the end
>>
>>1261186
pix are the shit
80/100k then, 80/100k now
and you can fit 312.5 plat worth in a stack
>>
Dervish runes are super cheap right now, same with ritualist attrib runes for anyone looking to gear either characters.

>>1261231
I'm super indecisive right now on which I feel is better. GDW better for single target vs splinter which is better for groups. My experience with yesterdays runs lead me to think splinter will work better because enemy groups seemed to clump together pretty well. I will probably change my mind on it by time we do SoO again next week. But I'll ask people to see what they think.
>>
Anyone got a
>Zealous/Vampiric Scythe of Fortitude/Enchanting
for Pious Renewal derv?
>>
>>1261251
no but it's pretty easy to farm asterius, or you can get a deldrimor talisman for a few ecto
>>
>>1261254
yah figured there was some green equiv that would probably work out for the intended purpose
>>
File: weirdgolds.jpg (13 KB, 274x147)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>farm HM trolls for kicks
>get weird drops I didn't know could exist
Aren't +armor vs. elemental and -2 damage while enchanted both 'inscription' mods? I did not know even OS items could roll both at once. I also didn't know this focus mod existed at all, although looking it up on GWW, it actually exists as an inscription. I just somehow have never seen it.
>>
>>1261256
I can farm you an asterius' scythe I think, I've yet to try the flashing blades build
>>
>>1261272
cool man I have no viable means of any solo farm at the moment so that would help
>>
>>1261278
alright then
>>
>>1261278
what's your IGN? I'll hit you up when I get one
>>
someone buy my unids
>>
>>1261292
my derv is dannflor halfmoon
>>
>>1261311
7 dry runs, I'll have a couple but if nothing I'll try tomorrow
>>
>>1261264
Yes, OS items can roll with double inscription and no handle. Certain configurations of them are much better for specific content/speed clears. Which is why good OS shields are so fucking expensive.
Unfortunately, yours is basically worthless because nonmax vs earth mod and q11. But still a cool drop.
>>
>>1261311
your lucky day I just dropped it
>>
salt flats be like 2000s internet with all these pop-ups
>>
I'm considering buying a fleshlight
>>
File: gw139.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
Today I completed Nolani Academy HM + bonus; and I vanquished the Ruptured Heart and the Salt Flats.
>>
I wish mesmers could secondary prof mesmer
>>
>>1261402
did you get any pussy today
>>
What is a cheap price threshold for feathers?
>>
File: invoketeam.png (505 KB, 446x462)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
>>1261429
350-400 is usual minimum price. Anything lower than 350 should be an instant buy. I once saw them for 200g and bought 30 stacks to set myself for life lol.

ALSO A REMINDER: We are doing daily HA games starting tomorrow, they will be at 7 PM EST every single day of the holiday
>why are we doing this now?
anniversary festival has a daily HA quest which gives 3 zkeys or 15 balthazar flames (15k balth faction) for winning a single HA game. During this festival there are hundreds of bots and sometimes a good number of legit actual players on as well its one of the few times a year you can actually have legit HA games, getting a single win is super easy against bots too.

We are going to start off with a pretty simple meta team setup to teach people basics of HA after that we'll start playing with some more interesting setups but this one is pretty fool proof.
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Invoke_Spike

Any days in which we have more than 8 people show up we will do multiple rounds of HA so that everyone gets a chance. No prior experience or voice chat required, just show up and we'll coordinate in game like god intended, you don't need prior experience in HA to attend just show up and try out this cool bit of GW1 PVP.
>>
File: gw008.jpg (668 KB, 1920x1080)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>>1261446
Where we meeting? Or maybe who is setting up party/group etc, said I'd come on my monk cause pvp healing in GW1 is fun imo.
Also add me if any of you want a UA healer Ign:Sage Lightseer did a slavers exile SC last night hoping to do something again tonight after I finish Nightfall
>>
im going to fucking kill myself
>>
>>1261446
people play every god damn day, and you will get smashed by anyone that arent the retards of international district 1 desu, especially with 2 monks
>>
>>1261482
can i have your account
>>
>>1261527
not much there
>>
>>1261544
give me your bones
>>
>>1261473
Guild hall probably, but more likely assembling in HA outpost itself.

>>1261491
Fully expect it and it'll be great. Playing PvP doesn't mean you'll always win anon just because we'll lose doesn't mean we shouldn't play, and anyone thinking they'll walk into this with zero HA experience (and some even zero PvP experience) and we'll sweep the HA teams is silly. Just here to have a fun time maybe with enough daily practice (and a good deal of luck) we can win. Last year we did HA as a guild and we made it to relic run and barely lost, final score was 24 - 26 - 28 we were 26. Regardless of winning/losing we'll still be able to utterly crush any team of bots or any actual players who are going henchway and we'll get some very nice daily rewards for doing so as well.

I'd rather start us with an easy to understand setup to get use to the idea of spiking, how HA works in general, and keep things as simple as possible to ease people into it. If we somehow win HA with this memeteam I'll be shocked.
>>
>>1261446
I can't do tomorrow, but after that I'm down
>>
>>1261617
>more likely assembling in HA outpost itself
dondodis
people in halls have alts that they keep in the outpost to check out the composition of teams that are forming
we should map in as soon as we queue, or go to like korean d2
>>
>>1261473
wao wer is dis?
temple of balthazar?
>>
>>1261642
looks like isle of the nameless
>>
>>1261617
my main point is

>one of the few times a year you can actually have legit HA games

entirely untrue, you can get legit games every day, unless you want a 1v1v1, in which case someone is going to get ganked anyway because 2 years ago someone called someone else a shit mesmer or whatever. even then, very doubtful you'll get a 1v1v1 now unless many more people come back for ha, which i dont see happening.

but if you really want practice, you would want to play at some time which isnt one of the most competitive times of year, where youre playing against people that do nothing but pvp
>>
>>1261642
Ye up past the tourny banners if facing them to the left
>>
>>1261663
not that guy but I think the point is the bonuses from the anniversary quests plus potentially getting to play real people in some of the lower rungs instead of just whoever's chilling in halls
>>
>>1261675
please don't make anon embarrass himself with a
>ackshually, ummm you can play against people every day!!!!
for the third time in a row
>>
>>1261675
chances of that are very small because all the bots will still be going, there may be an extra 3-4 teams going tops, but even that is very idealistic, and that's not enough to have matches against people in maps besides hoh unless you both enter at the same time or something

>>1261684
cant wait to see you get some practice in the most competitive time of year besides doubles week, and only get to open chest if the team holding is afk/half have already left. going to be hilarious to see a team with 6 eles during this flux honestly
>>
File: immediately killed.jpg (24 KB, 400x223)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>offhandedly notice somebody asked 200e for mini zhed
>naga raincaller also apparently worth a lot
>just trashed a few of these minis a couple days ago because they were sucking up stash space
>their combined value easily exceeded the sum total of all wealth I have accumulated in 20 years of playing this game
I'm unsure if I care or not. Inflation is so extreme that it feels trivial to generate wealth now. When I last played, I dumped everything I had into getting a single elite armor set, and that was only after getting lucky with artisans and material/rare material prices. I came back to the game a few weeks ago, rolled up a new character, got LDoA, and walked out of presearing with 400 plat.
>>
>>1261694
My entire worldly wealth is about 300p + 47e. People talk about making 1500k+ in a week and moving around so much money that I can't even fathom relating.
>>
>>1261694
>unsure if I care or not
yeah the gott thing is kinda cool kinda retarded, because it makes everything else meaningless
that's why I do ironman stuff, otherwise there's no challenge or rarity to anything
>>
>>1261446
Can I come if I'm not in the guild? I don't want to leave my old guild my friends and I made back in middle school. I haven't done HA since 2009 or so back when I used to put randomway teams together, but I'd love to do some PvP that isn't just FA or JQ.
>>
File: guild wars.jpg (61 KB, 1024x566)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>Bogroots is one of the easier dungeons and people want that frog
>I wonder how long it would take to speedclear if I actually tried
If we ignore set-up time--that is: casting Heroic Refrain on the entire party and my own iAS, which took 1min48s when I looked at my timer (I do forget if that involved casting on the quest NPC or not), we'll round to 2min for each floor--total clear time was at 22 minutes.
>*laughs uncomfortably LOUDLY in Paragon*
This involved zero cons. This did include what I believe was an accidental triple Incubus pull in that middle part of floor 2, and then a double pull at the end that included some Incubi; well,. Panic made them piss and shit themselves. I somehow died on floor 1 but ultimately didn't lose much time.
I didn't expect it to be so fast and even more of a faceroll. If I didn't die and I cut out some mobs I killed, I probably could have knocked it down to sub20s; especially if I cared enough to use cons.
>>
can't wait to bot cupcakes
>>
>>1261694
I doubt this would happen, but you could try contacting support and they might be able to reverse it for you. I doubt it though.
>>
can't wait to ethically farm cupcakes
>>
>>1261694
i came back about a month ago. my life savings was 42k.
i trashed my varesh when reorganizing inventories, because i read up on lore and figured out i didn't like her. varesh is 30a = 1500e. head spinning money. was depressed when i remembered i had deleted her.
for about a day.
then i decided >>1253924 to get vizu >>1256151 and made headspinning money >>1258307.

you can change how much money you have.
>>
>>1261752
>i trashed my varesh when reorganizing inventories, because i read up on lore and figured out i didn't like her.
based, I deleted my Dagnar Stonepate for the same reason
>>
File: gw009.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
Recommendations for comfy farm spots? Currently doing Undead 55HP farming for Bones/Dust
>Pic rel Gates of Tyra HM
>>
>>1261793
post build
also sex
>>
File: gw55Mofarm.png (180 KB, 453x248)
180 KB
180 KB PNG
>>1261797
thenk and just a real simple safe one :D
>>
>>1261807
The stats in this don't fully show, it's actually
>6Hp 15Smite 13Prot 12DF
>>
>>1261807
>55mo
peak comfy
I like uw derv farming
>>
>>1261813
55Mo is super relax and comfy, I love Derv UW and UW Trap Ranger too but ye peak comfy/sex is Black Dye Star pattern 55Mo imo
>>
>>1261793
If your monk hasn't completed The Halcyon Job in Gyala Hatchery there's a good spot to farm OS Factions drop from humans.
>>
File: gw014.jpg (680 KB, 1920x1080)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
>>1261820
NM or HM? Think NM I did already but HM I know for sure no, so maybe a option. Either way big thanks fren might be a new spot cause I'm tired of bone/dust drops lol
>>
>>1261822
it's a quest
>>
>>1261822
Like >>1261823 said it's a normal Factions quest, you get it as soon as you reach Gyala Hatchery. If you haven't completed all WoC content yet there's A Chance Encounter, and that is different between NM and HM. Have fun!
>>
>>1261793
Any farm that can be done by a live vicariously wammo is alright in my book.
>>
>>1261807
do you just wait for them to come back from SoJ?
>>
>>1261848
Late reply logged off for the night for the most part but no, you pre port yourself and use heal breeze->pull/ball->SoJ and tab space bar attack so they will run away then re aggro after knocking themselves down also spam smite condi off cd because they spam cripple/bleed/deep wound so it’s a ez 105dmg per cast then 110 per attack they do on you if you get lucky they won’t run as much also with the mobs that cast nibble you walk away from any existing corpses for like half a second so they don’t spam heal. All in all it’s a pretty quick run if done right, my best times have been 4-6minutes 1-3plat from chests and drops. If I get suuuper lucky and no mesmers spawn and it’s just locks/rangers after initial pull I can clear to the white mantle gate which is about 10 minutes for an easy 5k.
>>
>>1261694
isn't it difficult to sell a mini for a good price? There are a lot of WTS offers, but not much WTB. I've given up on selling my mini Asura. It seems like they only fetch good prices in pre-searing and are easy to sell there. Just yesterday, someone on the pre-searing Discord sold a mini Asura for 600 BD (100 A).
>>
>>1261865
market's not that big. alternatively, people set the price too high.
i wonder why it'd be easier to sell in presearing. did they sell it on the discord? actually now that i think about it >>1261694 its possible to get LDOA in "a few weeks" now?
>>
>>1261874
Probably due to the fact that asura was only available as a code in the magazine and not many people used it in pre-searing. It was an auction, the first bid was 60a, and the second bid jumped to 600BD and stayed at that until the end.
>>
>>1261874
LDoA takes ~30 hours if you grind it. I think I had 40 hours on /age, but that was with quite a bit of down time, getting up to make dinner while letting the game run, hanging out in town, power leveling randoms, etc. Death leveling is long gone, LDoA isn't a months-long pet project anymore unless you stick to only doing dailies.

>>1261865
Yeah, but I still see WTBs for them. Honestly, though, they range like crazy, anything from 30 to 500e.
I just got access to my old account back through support and have 40 gift vouchers, so maybe I'll redeem them at some point and see if I can't get lucky. At the very least, it should take care of maxing Devotion.
>>
>>1261767
Dagnar is worth like 3e at most. You'll spent more time trying to find someone willing to buy it than it's worth.
>>
>>1261694
I have 3 chars filled up with mini's and I can't be bothered to try and sell them.
>>
File: h2tp.webm (1.59 MB, 1280x629)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB WEBM
>>1261960
I deleted several minis for that very reason, and it could have been why I deleted Dagnar. But it's not.
>>
>>1261446
>feathers 450 last night
>now 550
dang it
>>
File: bad.jpg (27 KB, 600x333)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>glass jar week
You think jar prices will spike much? I have been hoarding all this dust I got from salvaging conches to turn into jars. now it's time to see if I was a retard or a genius.
>>
Ranger or assassin?
>>
>>1262066
Are you a bear or a twink?
>>
>>1262071
I'm a normal person
>>
>>1262072
Warrior
>>
>>1262047
check price history to see if it spiked last time, September 6, 2021
>>
>>1262075
>check price history
Do you mean on kamabox? Or is there a place you can check price history for traders?
>>
>>1262074
A normal person that likes more powerful classes
>>
>>1262077
yeah, if you click on the material, you can see the price history
>>
>>1262081
Thanks anon. It looks like they did not spike back then. Maybe I'll just put all this dust towards consets.
>>
>>1262047
I think dust is too valuable to be worth crafting bottles. you probably barely break even making them and selling to players
just sell it to people making consets, or make some yourself
>>
R/N or R/E for very early NF?
>>
Message from God King Emperor Dr. Stephen Clarke-Wilson:
>Happy 19th Anniversary!

>As many of you know, I've been part-time game director, programmer, janitor, etc., for Guild Wars since 2018. I'm happy to report that starting two weeks ago my time allocated to Guild Wars changed from 10% to 80%. I'm very excited to focus much more of my time on Guild Wars. I'd like to thank the studio leadership for working with me to figure out how to allocate my previous duties and roles to other staff. I'd also like to give a shout-out to other long-tenured staff in the company who have helped me with their knowledge of how and why things work the way they do in Guild Wars.

I'd like to set your expectations appropriately - there is still a lot of work to do on our back-end systems so not everything I do will be visible to players. But I'm happy to say I've recently spent more time in-game and fixed some long-standing problems. The game is still in "maintenance mode" and there are no plans for new content. That said, I hope to improve your overall experience with Guild Wars and I'll see you in game!

>Stephen Clarke-Willson Game Director, Guild Wars
>>
>>1262200
based
>>
>>1262200
Where did you find this message?
>>
>>1262200
oh shit
I wonder what he'll do if it's not new content. maybe bot bans?
>>
>>1262233
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback:Game_updates
>>
>>1262236
Might be some balance changes
>>
>>1262239
are gvg people still mad about the rupt thing
I feel like if he nerfs stuff people will get pissed even if it's the right thing to do, and if he buffs things it'll be done poorly or break pve stuff
>>
>>1262200
thanks doc
>>
>>1262200
>I've been part-time game director, programmer, janitor, etc., for Guild Wars since 2018.
>janitor
jesus christ
>>
What's the best thing to get with proof of steel?
>>
>>1262300
keys or flames, same shit basically
flames are nice to have on hand
>>
File: the cat is screaming.jpg (68 KB, 890x839)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>event starts
>immediately wrist pain flares up
>>
>>1262304
Should have started nofap this month
>>
>>1262238
Thanks anon
>>
File: ebondragon.png (1.59 MB, 1253x714)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
Can confirm the Ebon Dragon build is fun to play and works really well.
>>
File: gw015.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1080)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
Primed and ready for keky pvp memes
>>
>>1262455
Based, I'll be sure to tell my friend/guildie who made the build.
Make sure to play with your game volume on so you can get your eardrums blasted by DD
>>
Can I repeat the same mission for proofs?
>>
>>1262489
On different characters, yes. Not on the same char though.
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Proof_of_Legend
>>
my first anniversary event, where do I start? what do I do? I'd like the bank tab and the anniversary skills I think, the ranger expertise sword would be nice too
>>
>>1262491
Go to the wiki page linked above your post to learn what you should do
>>
>>1262496
go to town on my balls
>>
am i the only one that doesnt want gw to change? dont change anything stephen, you've done enough with black dyes
>>
>>1262507
he doesnt have the bandwidth to do anything drastic
>>
File: gw003.jpg (1.34 MB, 2560x1440)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
Why is intensity so weird about when it double hits with aoe skills? Like when I cast it and star burst on the training dummies it will double hit most of the nearby ones but not the adjacent ones. Also it sucks it only trigger once when hitting multiple targets instead of triggering for each hit, especially when splinter weapon can trigger multiple times on the same target for stuff like scythes or barrage.
>>
File: soesbee.jpg (55 KB, 403x447)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>mfw HA victory was in reach but we just fell short
>from the first try while we barely know what we're doing.

>>1262507
More modern QoL would be nice though. I wouldn't touch anything else.
>>
Today in HA we managed to make it all the way to Hall of Heroes. We got 24 total favor today winning a total of 5 or 6 matches. We NEARLY won HoH if you watch the replay video on observe you can see we dominated blue the entire time, we just didn't play the mode right, and they had a few REALLY experienced players on their team.

For a first attempt where half the team had ever done organized PvP before or even played these builds. This was really good. If we got relic run or capture points instead we would of easily won that.

Anyone who wants to watch our game as of this post it was 30 minutes ago under Hall of Heroes.
>>
File: HAHAHAHAHAHHA.jpg (86 KB, 399x200)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>
>>1262532
>>1262534
>>1262572
>full party day one
When is a good time of the day to sit in HA and find a random group?
>>
File: gw016.jpg (1003 KB, 1920x1080)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
>>1262601
Right now is good, im on Trident Dervs team and we went 7-0 before people just started afking against us free Zkeys is nice but I'm about to hit balth cap lol
>>
>>1262601
you can go there any time, but its not like there are always full teams waiting or anything. they form maybe every 1-2 hours on average? usually have to wait around a bit
>>
>>1262572
>>1262601
oh my god lol did you fuck up zurrie
>>
>>1262693
no they got rolled by a team with 2 z healers. it was koth and they didnt cap once.
>>
>>1262719
bros...........
I'm comin tomorrow
>>
Zurrie fucking sucks lol that or is a troll/bot can't tell which.
>>
>>1262728
everyone hates zurrie lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtEcazX4Sak
>>
>>1262728
zurrie's a gvg autist who's been around for like 20 years
he made a meta derv build
>>
What is the deal with people who keep leaving and returning to Kamadan? Some teleport back, some use the gate, but it's a non-stop leave-enter-leave-enter loop.
>>
Rollerbeetle Racing is fun.
>>
File: gw007.jpg (27 KB, 249x179)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
If I want to AFK Nine Rings overnight, how many tickets should I have at minimum?
>>
>>1262835
I spent 68k in tickets and after waking up I lost about a half of them. It all depends on how much money you have and how many times you want to leave GW open overnight.
>>
>>1262835
what's the deal with this?
>>
>>1262872
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Lucky_and_Unlucky
>>
>>1262827
are many people playing this year? sometimes you can barely get a game going
>>
>>1262883
Yeah for me too, but I honestly just wanted the pet.
>>
>>1262880
looks like some sort of tickets are needed? I don't have those
>>
>>1262895
you buy them https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sunri
>>
>>1262693
>>1262719
Like I mentioned most of the people there yesterday have never even done organized competitive PvP before much less HA we dominated the fights, our ghostly hero control and lack of experience is what caused us to lose. It's a bit silly we lost to a half NPC team but we all had a good time. Had we gotten relic run or capture points I think we would of won. Today's HA is going be funny since it's a daily ZC going see tons of bots.
>>
>>1262993
*would have won
>>
what if I just kill myself
>>
File: well boy.jpg (127 KB, 877x696)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>1263047
make it till your late 20s or your 30s at all and you stop giving so much of a shit about female machinations
>>
>>1262793
They are still running in and out. I know they are bots, but what are they doing exactly?
>>
>>1263054
I am in my late 20s thoughever
>>
>>1263047
imagine how many accounts full of stuff are forever inaccessible because the people who owned them died
>>
I just started getting crazy crashing.
>>
>>1263131
I crashed once trying to change chars but I've been stable since
>>
File: 4XzLIcP.gif (2.04 MB, 600x248)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB GIF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5qTgmj3_YE
>>
>>1263131
This was my screen yesterday after loading into nundu bay on directx9. It crashes like fuck for some reason.
I'm using dxvk to run it on Vulkan. I get a stutter once in a while but no more crashes. On a 4080 even lmao.
I've tried fiddling with settings, running compatiblity modes, ... can't seem to get it just right.
>>
>>1263192
pretty cool, sucks that the pvp version only heals you
>>
>>1263194
kinda looks like one of those texmod bugs
>>
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kun_Shao
wtf
>>
>>1263365
they done demoted my nigga what the fuckkkk
>>
File: bobbyb.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1263365
>>1263409
>XTH
ahhh.. rigging the shit outta PvP scene before 4cc was a thing
heh, those TRULY were the days
>>
Reminder HA at 7 PM EST today, we are going to try and start slightly more on time today compared to yesterday's game so try to show up a bit earlier or our grumpy monks won't heal you
>>
>>1263421
I thought it was supposed to be 6:30?
>>
Nobody wants to group up and play with other people in HA. Everybody pops in, runs around aimlessly, loads up seven henchmen or 2-3 of their guildmates, then fucks off. Huge disappointment.
>>
>>1263430
does LGIT run HA?
actually with the number they have they could run their own AB
>>
>>1263411
>4cc
do we have a guy on the team
>>
>>1263436
afaik GW has no representative @ /vm/ roster, I was thinking about putting in Gwen Chan but I guess it's up to that fucking leaf and his lackeys
>>
>7PM EST middle of the week
eurobros what the fuck
>>
>>1263436
>>1263438
>inb4 Komir steals spot for herself
>>
>>1263421
>EST
>it is currently EDT
>>
>>1263365
rip, he was ahead of his time on sportsbetting
>>1263421
I'm down
>>1263439
>yurofags in charge of filling out availability forms
better luck next time around :^)
>>
I don't even play the game I just farm and if I'm not farming I'm looking for new ways to farm I'm farmaxxing
>>
>>1263430
youre probably going to tha american district, everyone convenes in international district 1. and yes people will be hesitant to take a random, but you can get groups.
>>
>>1263506
especially today since its ha quest from the zaishen guy, people do "farm groups" where they just enter over and over, and leave on second win, until they max out on faction > zkeys for the day
>>
Guy just got dhuumed in kama d2
>>
>>1263519
Lmao what for?
>>
>>1263519
pics?
>>
>>1263524
No clue
was a max level dervish
>>
>>1263519
damn it, missed it
hopefully one of those damned spam bots
>>
>>1263526
Was facing away and only turned when I saw a bunch of black shit behind me. Just saw dhuum going back into the ground.
>>
>>1263432
I have not seen any LGITers actually.
>>
>>1263432
lol
>>
>>1263439
I asked like 3-4 times across 3 threads for people to fill out a "when are you normally free" thing and nobody ever filled it out other than NA bros which told me people are only ever free around 7 PM EST.

>>1263423
we start meeting at 6:30, goal is to start HA no later than 7 yesterday we started like 30+ minutes after intended start time lol
>>
im not filling out shit thats malware i had it checked with walmart geek squad
>>
KENSUKE OUR MONK HAD A STROKE (he's european so sadly he's also terminal) AND NOW ONE OF OUR ELE'S IS SWAPPING TO MONK COME JOIN
>>
>>1263212
Not even using addons. Idk what the fuck is wrong. Never had issues like this before.
I just got crashed out of HA and got the dishonorable debuff for my troubles. It's starting to piss me off.
>>
>>1263620
>tfw disappointing the team
It's a terrible disease.
>>
>>1263438
we should ask for one, we're the biggest thread on the board
>>
>>1263656
So Gwen or Kormir?
>>
>>1263665
Gwen with a charr head she can bring for a ball
>>
Today in HA we ran 2 attempts made it to HoH both times, and incase anyone had any doubts as to our guild being a seriouz pvp only guild, we had one chad show up with a PvE character who was missing his 30 attribute point quests, done purposefully of course to flex on the enemy cause he didn't need them. lost to zurrie again this time he had more human teammates fortunately so wasn't as embarrassing, 2nd time we got a relic run against a different full player team. Once again inexperience showed as we went to relic run the opposite teams relic... oops probably should of clarified run our own relic.

But besides that initial half game fuck up, once we figured out "oh we need to run our own relic" and got into snaring we started doing pretty well. Started consistently spiking their players down, body block caught one of their relic runners couple of times even near full wiped them. Final score was 10-23. Still a crushing defeat but we're definitely improving.
>>
>>1263665
- kormir
- master togo
- gwen (loli)
- gwen (doll)
- my ele
- a male para
a roller beetle as a ball would be neat
>>
>>1263432
sometimes but mostly everyone is running speedclears
we FA every weekend and do AB on fridays or for zdaily
>>
>>1263797
Master Togo running around the pitch with a RoJ centered on him would be pretty funny.
>>
>>1263192
I have some teardown AoD builds but does this version work with heroes well?
>>
>>1263850
Seconding this
>>
File: Whirling Destroyers.jpg (80 KB, 506x494)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
who up farming
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTPsZNM1LG0
rit bros can farm vaettirs now too
>>
>>1264198
Neat. But what are you farming for at this point?
>>
>>1264198
i can't, i have to stand in the circle
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFWvdyCk1Uo
>*sips boomer juice while admiring all those CLEAN spikes*
Yup.... they don't make 'em how they used to.
>>
File: 1280px-Wallow.jpg (113 KB, 1280x796)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
I FUCKING HATE THESE NIGGERS SO MUCH IT'S UNREAL! STOP KNOCKING ME DOWN!!
>>
>>1264271
I GOT KNOCKED DOWN
BUT I GET UP AGAIN
YOU'RE NEVER GONNA KEEP ME DOWN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaiollV9jz0
>>
>>1264198
so many drops...
29 drops. ~4 minutes. so, comparable to ~7/1 min from mantids.
>>
File: 1687344252734323.jpg (82 KB, 720x717)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>1264240
>Neat. But what are you farming for at this point?
>>
>>1264212
>wait for -3 health degen to kill a mob
poverty profession
come see me in the RAPTOR CAVE
>>
File: gw113.jpg (81 KB, 635x235)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
I'm sorry, Guild Wars but I cannot do that.
>>
>>1264361
Rings game is so much fun that we literally can't stop playing it
>>
>>1264264
One of my favorite bits of lore that you'd only give a shit about if you've watched competitive LoL in the past is that Jatt Kittenstomper on [rawr] went on to become a prominent and consistent commentator/analyst for Riot Games
https://lol.fandom.com/wiki/Jatt
>>
File: scrub these nuts.jpg (103 KB, 700x700)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>1264361
>>
>>1264264
I love watching this

>>1264366
I think it was him or another one from that group who talked about GW1 during an interview on his esports career.
>>
>>1264198
got survivor and a stack of cupcakes on raptors
now I'm off to do missions and get proofs
>>
>want a unique off WiK bosses
Is the most efficient method of farming just to get my party together and kill bosses over and over? Nebo Terrace has three bosses within relative close proximity; although the mob density is aids, this seems to be the most compact area with WiK bosses.
>>
>>1264452
just buy it in kamadam
>>
>>1264456
I don't have 80+ ecto.
>>
>>1264452
I thought they dropped off the non-bosses
your best bet is figuring out some kind of solo farm like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHsZdLlN2xw
>>
>>1264458
ah the champions, they look like minibosses or something
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/White_Mantle_Champion
either way seems like I'm fucked
>>
>>1264457
what is it you want? im curious
>>
>want to buy stuff
>don't want to give my money to bots
I wish there was an easy way to distinguish legitimate players from bots.
>>
>>1264464
champions are just normal mobs
>>
>>1264464
>they look like minibosses
lol that's just a wik enemy
wik, winds of change, eotn to some extent all have enemies with real bars instead of garbage
it probably would be easier to farm gott or something to get the money, but it's more interesting to try and figure out a farming path
>>1264469
I think bots mostly liquidate by rmt and selling at mat/rune traders
if you bought sup vigors when they got down to like 20k, you were giving money to bots
>>
>>1264469
what do you need?
>>
>>1264465
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Righteous_Fury
>>1264477
oh yeah I could probably make up the remainder with GoTT
>>
>>1264481
you will have a much easier time just buying the skin and mods and assembling an equivalent weapon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xssb7WDSZIs
popped in my recs
>>
>>1264485
but it looks cool
>>
>>1264494
>This item has a Greater Guardian Spear skin.
>>
>>1264496
:O
>>
>>1264486
very cute
>>
>>1264499
8========>>>~~~
>>
>>1264366
Yup I knew that.
Some of the [rawr] went into other e-sports allegedly too I think but I dunno who.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rouRx5WUb-Y
dudes got preemo content
>>
that guy's girlfriend probably dumped him because his Hours Played was too small -ever newfag deserves every bad thing to happen to him
>>
assassin sexo
>>
>>1264561
>5000 cons, +30 energy, just monking
I mean it's cool but also what's the point
>>
someone buy my unids
>>
File: _Miku__concept_art.jpg (410 KB, 716x1100)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>1264615
>>
>>1264625
nvm sold
>>
>>1264625
i'll only buy them if you drop them on the ground and then me identify them first to see if they're worth anything thanks in advance
>>
>>1264630
do you know why people buy unids
>>
>>1264630
ok deal
>>
>>1264632
to feel the satisfaction of identifying gold items
>>
just made 7e #moneymoves
>>
File: rip piggo.png (430 KB, 642x510)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
aww he's smiling :)
>>
finally made my first stack of ecto only took 189 months
>>
File: gw102.jpg (701 KB, 1918x1008)
701 KB
701 KB JPG
>>1264643
no f-ing way
>>
Oink!
>>
>>1264627
HOLY
>>
>>1264627
She looks like she's from APB
>>
File: 1710715202573105.jpg (289 KB, 1024x768)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>1264615
>>
File: gw144.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1080)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
Shattered Ravines was another easy vanquish. The forced wurm sections were monotonous, as per usual.
>>
HA TIME WE GOT 2 SPOTS FOR ELE'S

KENSUKE THIS MEANS YOU
>>
I want to kill myself
>>
>>1264713
I thought it was at 7, I'm eatin
>>
HA today started a bit slow, we hit HoH again against zurrie (it was the HoH Game 13 minutes ago from this post) we honestly did really well this time. Start was rough and we wiped once but after that our spike game was super CLEAN. Final score was 5-9. What got us this time was positioning, toward end we had like 4 people converge together and they got nuked which caused us to lose the center.

Overall quite happy with the rate this group has improved. We'll do our invoke spike team meme dreams for one last day, after that I think we'll try out another memecomp (Thinking IWAY just cause its hilarious). In total our group has gotten 100+ favor these last few days.

ALSO PROPH PROG ON FRIDAY AT 7 PM, WE WILL DO HA LATER IN THE NIGHT.
>>
>>1264806
Is the goal for proph to get to Ember Light Camp?
>>
>>1264806
when you get rank 3 and win, you can do a bambi spike too, dont forget to do that
>>
>>1264807
god no we are far from that. Currently we are at dragon's lair (6 of us) I can desert run or drok run anyone who's fallen behind and wants to join us here. Friday's game will likely be to do dragon's lair, get max armor, ice caves of sorrow, and after that we'll unlock Camp Rankor, Port Sledge for skill merchants, and maybe Copperhammer mines + 15 attrib quest if there's time.

Next week's game (Friday May 3rd) will be to reach Ember light Camp
>>
>>1264715
set a goal to hit and try to hit it
>>
File: gw110.jpg (126 KB, 612x359)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
video gaming
>>
>>1265039
how much of it did you buy
>>
On a 1-10 scale, how best is warrior raptor farm?
>>
>>1265043
All of it
>>
>>1265046
compared to other professions or other farms
it's a 10 for event farming, because of the boss. if you have a necro or a derv I think you can do it fine with a shout hero though
>>
>>1265039
but what if you win?
>>
File: gw111.jpg (863 KB, 1916x1006)
863 KB
863 KB JPG
>>1265102
Grave misfortune
>>
does kaineng give gifts or whatever during anniversary like the canthan new year does? how everyone in the district gets an item or whatever it is?
>>
>>1265196
its just the anniversary so no gifts
>>
>see a numerical value with a afterward in another game
>think of armbraces
>>
i haven't played since 2008, didn't even know people still play this game
how dead/active is it really?
>>
>>1265745
don't expect to find a full party in mission outposts unless its the mission of the day
PVP is not alive like it used to be but exists at some level
otherwise plenty alive
>>
>>1265745
I recently came back.
If you go to Kamadan chances are high you'll end up in district 3 or 4. You'll see a surprising amount of people in various outposts and some others will be dead.
Every gamemode seems to be played so it's certainly not dead.
>>
>>1264627
>fishnet on a tummy
>raised skirt with pants visible
neuron_activation.jpg
and this concept art is from 2011
imagine making something like this for a modern gayme in +9 to current year
shiggy diggy doo

We will eventually miss the days of Adelbern....
>>
>>1265913
i read +9 like an attribute
>>
>>1265927
That's the point
we're in GW thread after all
>>
>>1265913
stop it with your male gaze, this is optimal assassin gear and nothing more
>>
File: Miku.jpg (52 KB, 488x1300)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>1264627
meanwhile in-game
>>
>>1264627
>>1265999
>tinder vs linkedin profile pic
>>
File: gw220.jpg (147 KB, 673x667)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
N
>>
i like you guys don't come to maguuma stade tomorrow
>>
File: 1710913390092050.jpg (398 KB, 1016x702)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
>>1266038
*spectral agonies you*
>>
Only 200 more runs until I get LDoA guys
>>
>>1264831
He has a goal, it's to kill himself.
>>
>>1266002
I wish more women would come into the office in full body tummy-showing fishnets.
>>
kensuke coming? we've got 1 spot for ele

Also should I make a new thread tonight or tomorrow?
>>
KENSUKE COME JOIN US FASTER THEY'VE STARTED ERPING IN THE GUILD HALL AND I CAN'T STOP THEM
>>
File: homo.png (590 KB, 441x578)
590 KB
590 KB PNG
getting real gay up in here and not even a single male paragon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4UtfNFpsZA
the monking pvp video I mentioned. a lot of it is geared towards ra/gvg, but there's stuff about setup and bindings
might be elementary but it was interesting as someone who knew nothing about it
>>
File: cantha.jpg (685 KB, 1920x1080)
685 KB
685 KB JPG
>Ele longingly watching in the background

Some setups I think would work well for our team
>Balanced
>Dual Migraine
>IWAY for being memelords

Balanced is top of my list because I think it would help people get comfortable with PvP mechanics faster if they play something closer to what they main in PvE. And shock warriors are sexo. It brings endless possibilities when it comes to variety and real players will have a harder time figuring out what we are doing and it's adjustable for GvG too. It's harder to master than a spike build but it's way more versatile and robust against full human teams, which is something we now seem to lack. Invoke doesn't run much control outside of wards and gale neither, we could do with more kd's and rupts to stay on top of the situation, I think.
These are all suggestions, I'm down for whatever. It's all fun times, win or lose.

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Balanced
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Dual_Migraine_Hexway
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_IWAY
>>
>>1266485
thanks for posting, will be neat to check out either way

Today's HA was pretty standard we're getting a lot more clean and consistent with spikes, some of the arena's we struggled with few days ago we easily dominated. On HoH it was relic run, this time we didn't run enemy relic, but our backup relic runner forgot he was backup so we only had 1 person running relics. I think regardless of that mishap we'd of still lost but the score would of been much closer.

Tomorrow we are going to do 1 more invoke memeteam dreams after that on either Saturday or Sunday we will be trying out a new meta team comp. I'm thinking IWAY for the memes. I don't think it'll work as well as invoke spike against real players but it'll be funny, so we can give it a try.

FRIDAY 7 PM EST WE ARE CONTINUING PROPH PROG FROM DRAGONS LAIR

SATURDAY 3 PM EST WE ARE DOING SoO DERVWAY MEMES refer to >>1260852
for what you need to build.

>>1266500
Yeah I've been looking at dual migraine for a bit I was originally going have us start with balanced but I figured we'd be better off running something like invoke so people get use to the idea of spiking, snaring, relic running etc... I do want to run a balanced before this event ends but I figured I'd save it for the final 4~ days
>>
I've been here for over an hour and no one's come to stand in my corner circle with me :( All the others have several people. Do I smell bad? Am I scary looking?
>>
>>1266506
>I figured we'd be better off running something like invoke so people get use to the idea of spiking, snaring, relic running etc..
It's undeniably the solid choice to start out with and you did great explaining all the details without making it overly complex with that Teamcomp. I just feel we're ready to evolve towards something more complex and balanced to get more gains.
>>
File: modern balance.jpg (481 KB, 643x557)
481 KB
481 KB JPG
>>1266500
that balance build is very dated, this is something more modern. shock war, make haste ele and sup rit arent really played at all nowadays, and the mesmer skills on monk are just so passé.

few of these skills can be interchanged. this is just 1 mesmer build, theres a few people go for, can change deaths charge/res sig on the war for death pact, song of concentration, dash, another war skill, whatever really.

some people run 2 mes, 1 front, etc... room for variation
>>
File: IWAY.png (1.35 MB, 777x686)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>1266518
Yeah I agree, after today's games, HoH included I do think we're ready to try out something a little more complex. We'll do IWAY on Saturday/Sunday and if we like it maybe we'll do it on Monday as well, but if not we'll do balanced setup next.

For anyone unfamiliar with IWAY it's the PvP team setup your grandfather probably would have played, "I will Avenge You" gives +6 heal regen and IAS 25% for 10 seconds * number of dead allies. So each warrior in this comp will have a level 5 pet they send to their deaths, with 4 pets that means you can have IWAY up perma. I don't know how I feel about the monk build, definitely peace and harmony elite, but not sure on other skills.

>>1266532
appreciate the advice anon, saved this for later
>>
I'm leveling R/E in early NF with Fire Storm for AOE and Beast Mastery focused skills so my pet can rip and tear.
>>
>oh yeah i can obs hoh to learn how the big boys play
>they just stand around the whole time
>they just stand around the whole time again
>they just stand around the whole time again
>>
>>1266557
HUEG GUTS
nice, I did the same recently but went R/N to spam Burning Arrow and Necrosis
>>
>>1266655
just go to id1 and join a random team as an ele and play one of the builds from here, best way to learn is just experience

>>1266532

might have some idiots flame you for being less experienced, but more people playing pvp is good regardless of what idiots say, people can learn
>>
>>1266655
people run bots 24/7 so they can get fame and hoh drops
probably better to just read/watch pvp guides and practice your micro
>>
File: lsd9dfj.jpg (18 KB, 248x238)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>1266532
>shock war... arent really played at all nowadays
They won't rest until everything we love is taken from us.
>>
>>1266682
10 exhaustion on a warrior is just too much sadly
>>
>>1266694
>exhaustion
Look at this nerd
>>
>>1266762
sorry, overcast...
>>
File: Spoiler Image (12 KB, 248x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1266766
Looks pretty sunny to me.
>>
>>
>>1266834
>>
>>1266532
>that balance build is very dated
Sure, balanced to me means you can run what you want as long as you have strong synergy between the group. The meta build is just an example, like you said, it's all interchangable to a degree. Just gotta build a good front and backline
>>
>>1266865
can run just about anything if u play it well enough really
>>
>>1266880
True enough but synergy can't be understated in 8 man comps.
>>
How do people trade stuff like alcohol or sweets? On point basis?
>>
>>1266992
yes, generally you would trade some amount of ecto per 250 points of the title.
>>
>>1266665
I may try that when I get to that point but this super casual easy playstyle is currently working for Istan. Bummer that all unique bows are Marksmanship.
>>
>>1267205
Literally there are no beastmaster weapons.
I still run a Beastmaster build anyway.
>>
>>1267205
>>1267208
True a beast mastery weapon would be nice.
However, the expertise anniversary sword is perfect for fighting along side your buddy. Would highly recommend it.
>>
How broken would it be if the 20th anniversary update lets you craft any weapon with any attribute requirement (shields would have the same reduced armor in PvP that the Fast Casting shield does)? What would you make?
>>
File: gw145.jpg (668 KB, 1920x1080)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>Stone Summit village in Drakkar Lake
This zone presented zero challenge to vanquish but those NIGGER VAETTIR lag when they spawn so I ran around the entire fucking map only to find one group tucked into a corner.
>>
>>1267274
>gw145
post 74
>>
File: gw074.jpg (469 KB, 1920x1080)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>1267279
>>
>>1267219
I did grab the sword and plan on using it with that one PvX build. I'll talk one of you guys with a Triumph proof into taking me to cap ToO eventually.
>>
>>1267387
Post build
>>
>>1267387
TaO* shit
>>
>>1267393
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:R/W_Anniversary_Beastmaster
>>
File: fsdasadf.jpg (12 KB, 518x69)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1267393
Not that anon, but this is my personal anny sword build. 16 expertise, 13 beast mastery, 3 tactics
OgETUHLfZaqxogogIE3gHcsm2AA
>>
File: gw007.jpg (22 KB, 533x96)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1267401
>>1267404
Meh, these are just a "my pet is there while I hit things with my sword" builds.
This is my "actually beastmaster" build I use, which could probably be improved somehow.
>>
>>1267343
based infrequentscreenshottingprophbro
>>
proph tonight or no?
>>
File: gw143.jpg (521 KB, 1920x1080)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
Is Old Ascalon a vanquish I can complete with one healer? Due to the sparsity of early-game mobs.
>>1267498
I try to take a screenshot of an interesting location per area I vanquish, when I can.
>>
File: gw140.jpg (483 KB, 1920x1080)
483 KB
483 KB JPG
>>1267641
Or the scenery.
>>
File: gw135.jpg (1.08 MB, 1920x1080)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
All this is supposed to be coin. The Vabbian rivers of gold.
>>
File: gw023.jpg (620 KB, 1904x1042)
620 KB
620 KB JPG
We managed to retain four out of five of our original /vm/ starter group.
>>
File: TaO Sword.png (156 KB, 611x133)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>1267404
I never really like adrinaline skills on my ranger. You're only paying 1-2 energy for each attack skill might as well makes use of that.
OgETUTbeZ6TLoA3g3IXcsmHk2AA
>>
>>1267641
>>1267643
I always do that with nick
>>
File: 1688164856105506.jpg (663 KB, 1920x1080)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
>>1267652
forgot pic
>>
>>1267654
sweet dolyak anus
>>
someone run my war from vloxs to rata sum later
>>
>>1267660
>vloxs to rata sum
bro what
just walk it with henchmen
>>
>>1267664
those simian fuck my makeshift hero party up at the end of the arbor's bay transition
>>
>>1267668
ill run you right now if you're around
>>
>>1267660
I can try
>>
>>1267670
im in another game atm, it'll be a bit thank you though
>>
>>1267646
this is like 3a
>>
>>1267641
>Is Old Ascalon a vanquish I can complete with one healer?
Yes
>>
>do math on how many gold zcoins I need to get max inventory on 8 characters
>360 gold zcoins
>at 7 ectos per, that's 2520e
and here I thought nick gifts gave me more money than I'd ever have an opportunity to spend, short of going for expensive titles like treasure hunter
I guess that just means I'm not totally wasting my time when I farm dudes for the sheer fun of seeing many yellow numbers.
>>
>>1267651
I see your point. Conversely, you're generating adrenaline anyway. You may as well use it.
Plus the sound effect for Sun & Moon Slash is fucking awesome.
Respect for running wild blow though.
>>
>>1267654
nice
somehow don't remember those structures being there
>>
>>1267709
It's literally called Watchtower Coast.
>>
Do you guys think ST rit is worth the bother outside of DoA/UW/HM dungeons? I get that it's a very strong prot build, but I can't imagine standing in front of every single group of enemies in a vanquish summoning all the spirits manually. I already stopped using MM in most content purely because its strength was not worth how much it slows everything down. I see people use ST everywhere, and I always wonder why. Is it still better than other backline builds even if you don't bother micro'ing spirits before a fight?
>>
>>1267713
For most things you can just let your hero spawn them itself.
>>
>>1267422
At least pop Save Yourselves, your slaves will be grateful.
Or Dwarven Headbutt for fun.
>>
>>1267719
That's a longbow build. I would need to adjust for sword surely, but in this case I'm buffing my party with ToA by staying with the casters while my pet is buffng any melee by running ahead with them.
>>
>>1267713
I just run in and my ST rit pops spirits himself. Only manual before a hard group or whatever.
>>
>>1267728
>That's a longbow build.
Sorry, wrong guy quoted
>>1267404
>>
File: 1699957448682310.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1080)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>>1267694
you could do ha farming too. direct zcoins and then zkeys from faction (3 silver, ~2 zkeys a run)
>>1267709
it's a cool area
>>
>>1267709
>>1267711
The Beetletun outpost description also talks about the towers.
>>
>>1267705
Good point maybe I'll try sun and moon later. I hadn't even looked at it since I have 0 swordsmanship.
>Plus the sound effect for Sun & Moon Slash is fucking awesome.
I hear that I once tried to make a meme build around repeating strike because its breakdance animation is cool as shit.
>>
I did it bros
LDoA in 18 hours and 25 mins
>>
As much as I love Dervish I fucking hate every single outfit, i'm tempted to just buy one of the store costumes so I stop looking like a cheap stripper.
>>
>>1267782
congrats
>>1267784
>female char
>>
Who do you think is worse, Togo or Kormir?
>>
>>1267208
>>1267219
>>1267387
>>1267401
Expertise Sword + Ebon Battle Standard + fire ele double dragon, double the rape. Someone posted a cool build of it sometime ago.

>>1267274
meanwhile in the solo mesmer HM vanquish, this was one of his hardest obstacles to overcome.

>>1267628
proph tonight at 7 PM EST (I might be late we'll see) we are at dragon's lair.

>>1267648
rip constantine semi he was diagnosed with european (terminal)

>>1267694
do these calculations include heavy equip pack? Or is it just the bag expanders?

>>1267796
Pitting my factions PTSD vs my racial hatred of kormir is quite a difficult question.

I'll make a new thread tonight.
>>
>>1267796
Kormir, easily
Togo never stole MY divinity.
>>
>>1267749
Do you have to be good at PvP for this, or are you just farming bots?

>>1267782
>18 hours and 25 mins
shit, anon, that's like half my time
>>
>>1267803
>do these calculations include heavy equip pack?
yeah, 15 for pack, 10 for belt, 10*2 for bags = 45
45*8 characters = 360
>>
>>1267806
https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Heroes%27_Ascent_(Zaishen_quest)
https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_HA_Henchway
it's just bots at the lower levels. I did the math wrong, its half a gold zcoin not 3/10 of one
you can watch one of the videos to get an idea, but you do the zaishen fight, then 3 rounds against bots, map out when the timer ticks down, 3 more bot fights, and turn in for 250 copper coins and 9k faction
>>
Any Ascalon>LA runners on? Or will be in a few hours?
>>
>>1267845
I can do it for you later before Proph starts
>>
>>1267856
i'll race you when will you be on, 1 point per person to portal to next area first
>>
>>1267866
>>1267845
I can run right now actually, but I'm not planning to race. I'm baking lemon bars s I need to watch them.
>>
>>1267870
too bad whoever wins gets the lemon bars
>>
>>1267826
Thanks anon, I'll try this out.
>>
>>1267806
be brave, go to international district 1 as an ele, play one of these builds here, and play as "mb" (mindburn) or "snarer". ele is widely considered the easiest, almost braindead class to play. im sure you will be fine. just join any random group of people, the less people in that group the more likely they are to take you. you might even open chest and get a mini ghost, or a crystalline, or celestial sigils that salvage into gold zcoins.

>>1266532
>>
>>1267870
I can get on now if you want
I'm not in a big hurry to get to LA
>>
I always feel bad making a new character after northern support weeks ends since you can't get r5 just doing the story then.
>>
>>1267927
I am online now if you want the run now
>>
>>1267803
Update, yeah I think I'll definitely run late by 30~ mins. If I'm not there at start take the group and do a secondary class unlock quest. It's a pre req for the 15 attrib quest.
>>
>>1267932
Sure I'm in ascalon city
Taldam Stormfury
>>
contagion bomber is fun in JQ
>>
>guild is almost 14 years old
>spirit still thinks anybody is starting without him
>>
>>1267991
REEEEEEEEEE GOD DAMN OFFICERS GOING SHOW UP ON AN ALT AND AUDIT YOU. YOUR PAY WILL BE DOCKED
>>
When's stuff happening tonight?
>>
>>1268045
we're doing proph prog now we'll probably do HA at 9 or 9:30 PM EST, it's going be a short proph prog night.
>>
I can ferry to docks and tyria/cantha if anyone needs
>>
NEW THREAD

>>1268194
>>1268194
>>1268194

NEW THREAD

made thread less generalish to appease jannies
>>
>>1268081
How much do things like EotN tours or popular farm area tours cost?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.