[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ffxi.png (928 KB, 1920x1080)
928 KB
928 KB PNG
>Retail
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml

>Horizon
https://horizonxi.com

>Resources
https://horizonffxi.wiki/Character_Progression_Guide_1-75_for_New_Players
https://flippantry.com/skillchain/
http://www.ffxicalculator.com/
http://www.pyogenes.com/ffxi/timer/v2.html
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Main_Page

Level down: >>1239653
>>
Got my WAR artifact gear today, 10 levels on MNK and my 70 quest done.
Might start Zilart tomorrow if I'm feeling it.
>>
Not sure if I want to start my alt on current account or a new one for possible dualboxing in the future. Do I have to buy the game again to play on a new account?
>>
>>1261633
Yeah but it goes on sale for $10, one coming up in May.
>>
>>1261621
hell yea bro
>>
What the fuck is this skillchain shit? You're just expected to memorize a few hundred combinations and animations?
>>
>>1262016
Yes. Or be a casual and use the add on like every other boomer in this game.
>>
File: angle.png (66 KB, 204x182)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
>>1261621

Anyone else waiting for eden single box server?
Me too.
>>
>>1262277
If it existed, I would. But it's a schizo dream by schizos.

Just keep playing Horizon, Frank as the solo developer should have the rebase + ToAU done by 2026
>>
>>1262305
It sounds like they poorly managed the fork and made rebasing almost impossible, and now they're doing it from scratch by hand. Did they even bother to upstream stuff to reduce their difference and burden?
>>
File: 1671262579665001.jpg (1.06 MB, 1600x2100)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>1262016
>print one of these bad boys out (with color) back in the day and consult in like the bible
fuck you I liked the colors
>>
>>1262342

Not till it was too late.

Didn't listen and got fucked.
>>
>>1262277
Absolutely not considering it would be run by people even more fucking retarded that Spicyryan somehow.
>>
>>1262425

Just have Spicyfaggot run one then. Can't get worse than it is already.
>>
>>1262446
This is a great plan, lets have eden fold into catseye like wings. Its like the retirement home of dead servers.
>>
>>1262481
Oh boy I can’t wait for my Eden to warrior plan details
>>
>>1262481
I wouldn't be against that. As a new player, I regretted choosing HorizonXI. Even the 'newb friendly' shells want nothing to do with new players, what they actually mean is returning players but won't say it.

Having a few trusts and 1.5x XP would go a long way to making it more accessible rather than expecting intimate knowledge, optimal weapons and food that new players struggle to afford, and subjobs at 10-20 zones.
>>
>>1262486
Never seen anyone discriminate against new players unless they are just retarded. Are you retarded?
>>
>>1262497
I've seen plenty in my LS complain about others with minor suboptimial things in those areas and there are even those that run parse in Dunes
>>
>>1262497
yes
>>
File: MU017pxwSa.png (659 KB, 3840x2043)
659 KB
659 KB PNG
Spent 35 mins spawning Deadly Dodo, shouted it out if anyone wanted to join and someone lvling came along and claimed it like a regular mob.
Spent another hour respawning it and didn't get my drop for the MNK quest.

Can anyone let me know the etiquette for NM's in the game? I came from XIV & Eureka was what got me into XI. There you might shout if you spawn an NM in Eureka or if you're taking down an A/S So I'm used to shouting in the area and parting up. Is that not normal or should I just snipe 'em if I spawn?
>>
>>1262522
Every man for himself on claims. Etiquette is claiming it immediately and then /telling people around you to eat shit
>>
>>1262342
>Did they even bother to upstream stuff to reduce their difference and burden?
They didnt want to because upstream hurt their fefes by calling out their dogshit code, many have improved or quit since then so thats not a problem anymore.
>>
>>1262522
>FFXIV even pussified NMs
sounds about right
>>
anything interesting happening in retail lately
>>
>>1262635
dancer is looking like a better DD than WAR
>>
Eden still the better server.
>>
>>1262924
>he shouts into the void as it echoes off the 27 players currently online
>>
>>1261488

I sold my retail account 15 years ago, I still remember the content ID, is there any way for me to reclaim it?

FFXIAH shows it hasn't been used in 10 years.
>>
Is there an offline way to check the weather? I know FFEra and CatseyeXI have weather databases but I'm not creating an account. zone_weather.sql exists but I don't know how to parse that
>>
>>1262949
Yes. Use chat support on https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=20&p=2&c=3&sc=18

Keep trying until they bend over
>>
>>1262924
doesn't matter because it's dead

then you got Horizon which isn't even FFXI, it's just some faggot grifters co-opting something Square Enix has never actually cared about

i feel sad for anyone who continues to play
>>
>>1263097
all you had to do was not say Nigger, Rinste.
>>
>>1263113
yeah let's namedrop and have another shitty thread full of "drama" about people who don't matter irl or online

i'm not your boogeyman reddit turd, just another bitter and jaded person who played since NA launch
>>
Any multiboxers in?
>>
File: 1658685118666254.jpg (187 KB, 500x500)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
Show me the nude mithras and dats
>>
>>1262016
Install the Horizon chains addon and let the game do it for you. It even works for summoner avatars now, too
>>
>>1262635
Should be a discount game sale and free login period coming up in May, right?
>>
Had a good day on retail yesterday after the NM claim thing.
Spammed the experience point objective with some people from a new LS, had a tonne of fun then wiped in some remote land I'd never been before.
Had to go just after so it looks like I dipped 'cause of the wipe but I was just really tired and sick.
I can see how people had so much fun lvling together in dunes etc and why they chase the dragon.
>>
>>1263155
Just go to neko-sent... Oh....
>>
>>1263155
sexo with mithra
>>
>>1263097
>then you got Horizon which isn't even FFXI, it's just some faggot grifters co-opting something Square Enix has never actually cared about

explain
>>
File: 1.png (4 KB, 210x99)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>1263219
is there really a need? i assume you at least know about the endless posturing everywhere Horizon is mentioned.
>>
>>1263232
>signs you can't be racist
>>
>>1263155
>>1263176
neko sentai is now on trooncord and a huge archive of ffxi lewd mods are available
>>
>>1263232
Who cares? Stop being a fag
>>
>>1263340
He cares, like the little baby snowflake he is
>>
>>1263123
/mss /ma "provoke" <t>
>>
>>1262425
How is godmode worse than Spicyryan?
>>
>>1263468
Godmode doesn't want anything to do with Rinste and Setsuko's copefiesta. t. Someone who knows
>>
I don't understand how anyone can say a server is worse than Horizon when horizon has Kipling. That's worse than some retarded child who shouts N bombs every 5 minutes. If you want to keep playing on a server with the amazing individuals on horizons staff then go right ahead. The era+ changes are shit. A portion of staff are trash. All horizon has is a faked population. Yet horizon staff have to schizo post in here to make it seem like people don't want single box eden. Let's be honest already. Horizon is a shit show.
>>
>>1263488
Godmode has no idea who Rinste is. Rinste simply posts because he's excited for a new server to get banned on.

.t Horizon staff member
>>
>>1263495
He knows who Setsuko is. t. Abraham Lincoln
>>
File: the prishe stare.jpg (65 KB, 633x670)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
It's going to be another 700 posts about the same 5 people
>>
>>1263490
lol someone is mad their Setsuko Rinste server only has double digit survey interest after their petition only got 14 signatures. Maybe the third one will work
>>
>>1263490
Didn't your lawyer advise you to stop harassing people, Setsuko?
>>
>>1263468

What is the deal with Spicy anyway? What did they do?
>>
>>1263490
Rinste, Fae still doesn't love you back
>>
>>1263521
He's just been a faggot for two decades
>>
I DIDN'T MAKE THIS THREAD SO YOU COULD BLOG ABOUT RETARDS. TALK ABOUT THE FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>1263533
No
>>
>>1263533
I started lvling BLM today and it was pretty fun.
What's a good subjob? I got WHM, WAR, DRK & MNK available.

Gonna continue playing after my comfy bath, would play in the bath but it's a pain to play over moonlight.
>>
>>1263550
>falsely
lol, lmao
>>
I started an alt because i was tired of my main i guess idk why and i already regreting i think should i stop now or continue? its a blm 41 already, quit or continue is there any pros? its cost a lot of gil but i dont care about that, it just have to redo everything is stupid should have leved it in my main, should i stop it?
>>
>>1263561
Blm is fun once you get to 75. Just keep going
>>
>>1263563
but i mean why an alt? that was a stupid move, redo all, cop, zm, rank, idk why the fuck i did that stupid shit and not just levle it on my main
>>
>>1263573
Yeah true. I felt overwhelmed when I started am alt too but once I took care of the tedious things like missions i actually liked having it separate. Do whatever you think is best.
>>
>>1263517
What part of that comment was harassment? Calling Rinste a retard? Doesn't everyone do that?
>>
Is multiboxing similar to playing FFT?
>>
>>1263554
god damnit the lol lmao faggot is back
>>
>>1263725
Eden 2 lol lmao
>>
>>1263533
Mood.
>>
I wish I had a dollar for every time someone said something negative about Horizon or a person on their staff and someone blames it on Setsuko. Horizon staff can't accept that more than two people don't like them lol lmao
>>
>>1263175
I'm going to play retail!
>>
Does retail have any sense of adventure? I tried playing on Eden and I quit for the same reason I quit in 2005.
>>
>>1263787
It's a much longer adventure since 2005 so I would say so
>>
File: 83622899_p0.jpg (522 KB, 724x1023)
522 KB
522 KB JPG
I love retail
>>
>>1263789
But is there even a reason to interact with others outside of endgame?
>>
>>1263787
Kind of but retail suffers from:
>throwing a shit ton of stuff at you all at once
>it's highly likely you outlevel everything quickly. Older FFXI zones were all designed with levels in mind, so just ignoring every monster and running past them makes for an empty adventure. Even once you get to max level, you'll find shit goes beyond that with iLvl and strong mobs just thrown in a corner in all sorts of zones
>kind of a combination of the above two, there's a reason everyone is pissed at FFXI for needing a map or wiki open 24/7. You are not getting far on retail without a wiki, and you should have a strategy for what you want to do (get 99? do story?) which I feel hurts the adventure feeling too
>>
>>1263793
Thanks for explaining anon. FFXI is one of the bucket list games that I want to enjoy but am intimidated by.
>>
>>1263792
If you need a KI to get to a certain place and ask in yell or assist then you'll get help.
>>
>>1263769
t. Setsuko
>>
>>1263829
You'd be surprised at how low some people sink for clout.
>>
>>1263829
who car
>>
>>1263829
As long as he continues to code for free while staff laugh at him and talk shit behind his back, s'all good
>>
>>1263829
Gotta get toau somehow
>>
File: justno.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5lAIJ2CHI

A song you will never hear on horizon.
>>
File: GLzkkFRXgAANPKE.jpg (196 KB, 906x664)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>1263725
god damnit the "god damnit the lol lmao faggot is back" faggot is back
>>
File: 1586833356145.jpg (140 KB, 484x639)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>1263829
uh oh melty
>>
File: muh pop.jpg (106 KB, 600x616)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>1263871
Sorry guys. ToAU won't be out until Aerec can fully peg how he's going to take full advantage of 'play and find out' features first.
>>
Is it worth restarting in retail just to change how your character looks?
>>
>>1263533
people are really negative about everything but with this being my first experience with ff11, i just got Promyvion vahzl done on Horizon and im still excited about how well it went. my run through the first 3 at the start of CoP went miserably with people lying about bringing animas until we got to the boss gate, but this one was well coordinated. I can feel myseld fast approaching Sea access
>>
>>1264094
usually never, addons literally fix it. though I guess it could be ok if you're like level 20 with no sub
>>
>>1263787
>>1263793
It sure can, since you'll mostly be solo unless you choose to interact everything is fresh.
>ou are not getting far on retail without a wiki, and you should have a strategy for what you want to do (get 99? do story?) which I feel hurts the adventure feeling too
I also back this up. Avoid guides and wikis until you need to, read one of the basic guides, use the guides to figure out how to do the nation missions etc or where to find specific mobs but otherwise turn off to it if you can.
>It's highly likely you outlevel everything quickly
>so just ignoring every monster and running past them makes for an empty adventure.
So, this happens way more if you spam RoE objectives early and do the RoV quests that increase EXP but you also get much needed sparks & cheaper teleports with one of them so it's worth doing. You're still getting some of that XIV dead zone no threat feel while lvling later jobs with all the rhapsodies stuff done but you'll boost through it fast.
The good thing is that the levelling curve does even out by the time you reach 50-75 and you can have a good time stopping at 70-75 too for some of the expansions. Doing your limit break quests and getting artifact gear at level is still a pretty nice challenge too.

You'll probably use trusts a lot and might find they trivialise things. My certified S++++ tier trusts for having fun are Kupofried, Yoran-Oran/Apururu UC for skill point boosting and a healer who doesn't do much. Star Sibyl & Sakura are other limited trusts that don't do much but boost magic and add a passive regen on you.
Take out a simple tank (not van) if you're having trouble with being too squishy with gear and have fun.

>FFXI is one of the bucket list games that I want to enjoy but am intimidated by.
It's not that bad, just a lot of stuff for newbies to deal with built on top of aging game design. If youtube has taught me anything, even the most retarded fucker can learn something.
>>
>>1263340
kill yourself or keep playing on the server run by parasocial grifters who don't actually care about the source material and are just doing this for clout it doesn't matter to me

>>1263303
has nothing to do with racism, nice strawman though. find your nearest hardware store and get some rope for your hefty body.
>>
>>1263792
I've interacted with other noobs a lot over the last year, whether it was in linkshell or finding them out in a zone or a dungeon.
Just because you might need to use a guide or wiki or some stuff doesn't mean you should take the XIV mindset fully on board and act like it's a single player game with only NPCs.
Love or hate XIV, Eureka and Bozja did good jobs with their zones in trying to recapture the magic of grouping up and working towards common goals.
>>
>>1263592
it's more like ff12, especially if you bot like everyone does
>>
>>1263561
why the fuck would you level an alt in a game where you can do every single class on one character?
>>
What's more likely to happen
>SE shutting off the lights on retail eventually
or
>SE coming out with some type of single player FFXI version
I know they've talking about it before but the later can't be financially viable for them to even bother with at this point..right?
>>
>>1264187
First will happen, second may happen.
>>
>spam Ambuscade
>do daily Omen runs
>spam Lilith VE to get that last Malignance gear piece to drop
Is this endgame on retail so far?
>>
>>1264171
>who don't actually care about the source material and are just doing this for clout it doesn't matter to me
I care more about the source material than basically everyone who's made a commit to PXI/DSP etc, but that has nothing to do with horizon
>>
>>1264187
>I know they've talking about it before but the later can't be financially viable for them to even bother with at this point..right?
They (vaguely) talked about "being able to see your character offline" or something like that.
May not even be offline ffxi, just a glorified walk through vanadiel thing.
>>
>>1264178
Because i dont like my main appearance and i cant chance race, and the sexchange addon seems fake to me since only me can see it
>>
>>1264197
Sir? your Sortie? Your Odyssey?
>>
>>1264171
"it doesnt matter to me"
i dont believe that to be honest.
>>
File: FFXI_2004_Guide_0000.jpg (158 KB, 1286x1640)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
https://archive.org/details/ffxi-2003-guide/

https://archive.org/details/ffxi-2004-guide
>>
>>1264213
wait... you mean making a post about it online on an anonymous mongolian shitposting forum means you DO think it matters? whoa...
>>
Rinste here. Setsuko had her posts censored by 4chan mods. This place is no longer safe, though I can say nigger here and not get banned.
>>
>>1264205
My LS is dead
>>
>>1264221
owari da...
>>
>>1264213
rope rule applies to you too, if you want to give me your zip i can find the nearest hardware store for you since you seem too incompetent to do it yourself
>>
>>1264215
I didnt read your post but you seem pretty invested
>>
>>1264187
The first will happen eventually but idk about it shuttering in the next 3 years or before 30th. XI subsidised XIV's development for a long time and got to reap server benefits.
The second is what some are wishing for, I do too.
I don't know how likely they are to tackle the challenge though since so much of it is still tied to PS2 era tools on top of the structure of the game. There'd have to be some degree of rebalancing things that's a tonne of work. Yoshida has been rotating out XI members to XIV & XVI for a while to give them more experience with modern game dev tools so that's kinda a red flag but you put those same people under a small team dedicated to turning it into a SP experience and you're maybe cooking.

>but the later can't be financially viable for them to even bother with at this point..right?
DQ X is managing it but DQ X is a different beast systems wise.
I can't foresee a big XI offline project being done in one big release with all the expansions, that's a massive task. Also if you split up XI, Zilart & Promathia and say do treasures > seekers you're running into issues with Rhapsodies. There's a lot of restructuring to make that work.
but shit it out for $60-70 as an evergreen product like XI has been after EoS and you're still profiting from it somewhat without being shat on.

NieR Reincarnation has the same problem right now. It's being EOSed in a matter of days but has 3 years of story content & side stories all locked behind it with a gacha system on top. Legacy wise it makes sense to keep it around.
It's built on Unity but still needs a UI overhaul and rebalancing to work as a single player story.
The VN sections and the weapon stories/side quests ARE the meat of that game but you don't see the battle system unless doing hard side content at all.
NieR is much fresher in peoples minds though, getting people who shat on XI for being a grindy MMO who missed out is a much tougher task.
>>
>>1264221
Server?
>>
>>1264226
AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
YOU GOT ME!!!! I FUCKING KNEEL DON'T HURT ME
>>
>>1264226
yeah i'm real invested, sitting here drinking coffee and listening to music trying to force a dump while XIV secondaries with no communication skills bait for (You)s
>>
>>1264230
Didn't play before the TP return nerf? you didn't play FFXI.
>>
>>1264228
Phoenix
>>
>>1264214
this is the only good post in this entire thread
>>
>>1264235
There are none because Setsuko got censored
>>
>>1264230
>yeah i'm real invested
see was that so hard to admit?
>>
>>1264243
Yes daddy
>>
>>1264187
The people behind this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-L8DlXt6s

Are hoping to show it to SE to get them interested, in hopes of accomplishing #2, from my understanding of what this project even is.
>>
When is the next discount world transfer period?
>>
>>1264246
They want to show them a private video? Whoa...
>>
>>1264243
OwO you got me so good anon xD :3c

how long you wanna keep (You) trading bud, this place is starting to get kinda stinky
>>
>>1264248
Didn’t realize this one also got set to private. Idk what’s going on with this project but the video was a demo of XI being remade in unreal walking thru jeuno
>>
>>1264251
>>1264246
I remember that one, didn't it have the AIDStier ashenbub textures bolted on?
>>
>>1264250
It's pretty much out of my system until the next crybaby fit someone has
>>
File: Angry Pepe.jpg (120 KB, 474x452)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
Looking for a gaming guild:

1) You must be an American straight naturally born male 18-50(age) only guild. No exceptions.
2) The guild leader and inner circle (officers, best friends, long time members) must not be upper-middle class IRL earners.
3) You have to be okay with being a constant target of cancel culture for housing me within your guild. So no weak leaders who cave into peer pressure from rando's outside the guild.
4) If your guild has mandatory try hard raid shit that's fine cause I'm a NEET youtuber who can make any and all times with no life obligations or family.
5) I'd like a guild that does fun, trolley, lulzy shit too, not just "kill the dragon get loot" kinda shit.
6) Your guild must not contain members of the military, police, government, or schooling professions.
7) You must be okay with me creating youtube content from guild activities. No I won't record your voice or anything for public viewing.
8) You must be okay with entire large guilds declaring absolute war and total destruction on you for the mere fact you allowed me into your guild. Expect to aggro some very heavy hitters in whatever game you play. I have a very bad rep with left wingers and trannies.
9) You have to allow freedom of speech. Nothing that breaks discords rules of course, but I will not tolerate someone telling me that I cannot say certain words over voice chat or talk about certain topics.
10) You must be okay with someone who harbors extreme hatred towards nearly everything.
11) No one in the guild who creates content can be friends with the left, LGBTQ shitters. This is treason.
12) You must be in it for the LONG term. As in, a life-long guild that plays multiple games and not just one fucking thing then everyone quits when that game dies.

I can elaborate if you need me to.
>>
Anyone here in DKOB on Odin?
>>
>>1264252
I don’t know enuf about that homo’s work to be able to pick it out if I had to so idk.
From what was explained to me though those people were planning to have a nearly complete game then show SE to see if they are interested in it. Supposedly an ARPG version of XI
>>
>>1264258
sorry nobody here actually plays the game
>>
>>1264253
it's cool i accept your concession

i just took a fat dump so i'm outta here myself, see you tomorrow?
>>
>>1264254
>treason
GULP
>>
File: inok.jpg (831 KB, 3840x2160)
831 KB
831 KB JPG
Damn they really stepped up the cutscenes
>>
>>1264300
The funny thing is that cutscene is absolutely nothing compared to what they managed at wings and SoA
>>
>>1264300
The introduction of Zilart was epic. Especially compared to how dumb the Shadow Lord was.
>>
>>1262522
If the mob is unclaimed, then you can claim it. Nothing here belongs to someone just because they've been camping for hours. Tough shit, claim faster.
>>
>>1264337
If it's white it ain't right
>>
>>1264232
i learned pentathrust a week before that :(
>>
One thing I would like to add, SE made a big deal about purchasing new servers for XI back in December or so. The specifically said that the game will continue until either the new hardware dies, or the game is still profitable at the time of death that they can replace it with new hardware again.
>>
>>1264300
I want to suck ark angel EV's futa cawk
>>
>>1264442
I'm going to be hanging with Apururu for another 20 years
>>
>>1264442
>or the game is still profitable at the time of death that they can replace it with new hardware again.
Well, they're benefiting from CBU III as a whole upgrading their data centres and adding more, CBU III's plan for XIV servers are kinda....optimistic to say the least, last I checked EU is supposed to still be getting another DC, NA has 3.5 (Dynamis is a ghost town, Aether is FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL most of the time) and JP has 4 DC's with Mana being FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL with every server congested. They expanded so hard because of the housing issues and have plans to go harder.
I can see them hitting 30 year anniv at least and it should be safe for the entirety of Dawntrail due to the alliance raid series, that won't start for another few months and won't end until 7.5 sometimes in the next 2.5 to 3 years.

I'd be stunned if retail announced EOS before the next XIV expansion or FF MMO.
>>
>>1264536
What worries me the most is that Yoshi-P has stated several times that running so many MMOs is an anomaly, and that XI is a game he just "doesn't get" or see the appeal of.
>>
>>1264539
cuz ffxi is pre woke
>>
>>1264214
Holy shit. They made strategy guides for MMOs? Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1264429
Brutal, sorry bro
>>
>>1264539
>What worries me the most is that Yoshi-P has stated several times that running so many MMOs is an anomaly, and that XI is a game he just "doesn't get" or see the appeal of.
I remember reading an interview with him a while back about XI and he wasn't so negative, this might be it. Don't have enough time to go through it in detail
https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=367
https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=381
https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=386
https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/post/?id=393
>>
>>1264539
He isn't alone. The ever shrinking player base also doesn't.
>>
FFXI would be such a good game for mobile phones ;)
>>
>>1264675
phones are too unwieldy for updating lua
>>
>>1264536
>it should be safe for the entirety of Dawntrail due to the alliance raid series
forgot about this. yeah it would be retarded to shutter it before the end of expac raid atleast. and who knows xi could see a meaningful population bump from it and delay the end even furhter
>>
First Kyubei
Then Cringe
Now Celene
RIP the homies.
>>
>>1264616
Yoshi p is a wow fag
Ff11+eq might as well be in a completely different genre than wow and wow clones.
>>
>>1264730
faggots*
>>
File: ffxi_2024-04-24_19-35-36.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
I want to jump in
>>
>>1264758
That's where all the mithra pee
>>
File: ffxi_2024-04-24_19-35-24.jpg (427 KB, 1920x1080)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
>>
File: 24.jpg (305 KB, 1200x1717)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>1264760
Caught one
>>
>>1264730
what did these people do?
>>
>>1264800
harass people
>>
>>1264800
They were us...
>>
Anyone on Asura be willing to help me move items? I am coming back to the game and want to remake my character using the same name but i don't want to delete some items I have that were given to me by a deceased friend.
>>
>>1265009
I'm on atm, how many items are you talking about? I can prob help if I clear some inv.
>>
>>1265014
I have 15 items I'd like to move over
>>
>>1265019
Cool, I can help with that if you give me 5 mins to dump inv, where you wanna meet?
>>
>>1265020
If we could meet somewhere in Windurst that would be helpful because this character is level 20 and I haven't been anywhere else. My IGN is Linnart.
>>
>>1265028
Sure thing, drop by the AMAN NPC at windy woods and I'll help ya out.
>>
I'm thinking about jumping into this.
I've been playing FFXIV for 3 months and I feel like the endless tsunami of liberal moralizing has finally drowned me. And the player base seems to mostly just be weird porn addicts.
Would I find FFXI better or am I just totally off base?
>>
>>1264730
Why did they stop playing...
>>
File: 1705271721109865.jpg (1.03 MB, 3840x2160)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>1265299
>>
>>1265325
Guess I'll just read books or something
>>
>>1265361
Almost no one uses porn mods, that dude is a degenerate. Most people are either completely normal or autistic. Schizos exist ofc
>>
>>1265299
https://files.catbox.moe/nfifpf.gif
>>
>>1265533
Yeah I'm definitely going to click that...not.
>>
>>1265554
Do you like :3 mithra
>>
>>1265299
You can try it if you want, but if you're jumping ship to XI before Eureka and Bozja then you're retarded.
At least do those, see how you feel about that content and if you like even a sliver of it and can group up, idk, maybe consider going to XI.
XI doesn't need a desperate influx of XIV players who feel gatekept by fake nice NA personalities searching for a new MMO to be a schizo in.

This isn't even a post trying to sell the virtues of XIV.
It's pretty fucking raw as a game, if you don't gel with Eureka, don't like FF II or V at the very least then you're probably not gonna like the game.
>>
>>1265669
Why II and V?
>>
>>1265533
ew, that model is totally off.
>>1265777
Because skill up and job abilities.
>>
if someone makes a bahamut /vm/ ls I'll resub right now
>>
Where will you guys go when this retard-filled community dies?
>>
>>1266020
Scattered among the winds, awaiting the call of the next private server. Just kidding, playing retail until either I or the server dies.
>>
>>1266020
maple's story, its a retard retirement community over there
>>
>>1266020
Wait around for the next server to launch.
Half the people will jump ship thinking their experience will be much better on this new server, but they will end up complaining about staff issues just as they did on HorizonXI and every other server prior.
All the botters/exploiters will hop on and get banned within 3-6 months for the same shit they got banned for in the past.
>>
>>1266055
The reason why they have to keep complaining about staff issues is because staff keeps doing fucked up shit. It's not hard to comprehend.
>>
>>1265932
nta but ill even settle for a /vm/ STATIC
>>
>>1266069
like what?
>>
>>1266069
I don't think it has anything to do with this. The vast majority of players never even know 99% of this shit is going on, it's mostly just the autistic forum dingleberries who reeeeeee constantly about it.

A lot of Horizon players specially are just like working dads that can't be fucked to care. People who run these servers probably just get tired of being berrated by autistic screeching for everything they do and lose interest because of it. We've got to see it happen like 10+ times in the last 5-6 years.
>>
>>1265317
aeric finally got them...
>>
>>1266069
You're asking for the impossible. Staff on private servers will always end up:

>making some change due to an oversight they didn't consider before,
>rightfully ban players for being autistic (this will always happen)
>make biased decisions based on their friendships with certain players (this will always happen, since it's rare to have staff members who aren't also players on the server.)

You have to come to terms that all 3 of these things will happen whenever you sign up to play on a private server. This isn't even exclusive to FFXI, either.
>>
>>1266094
I'm moreso impressed that people here think staff can do no wrong and has never done anything wrong. All people who have ever complained about staff are 100% in the wrong.
>>
>>1266094
>make biased decisions based on their friendships with certain players (this will always happen, since it's rare to have staff members who aren't also players on the server.)

Even if we had a server where this wasn't a concern people would still just make up other shit to be mad about. We saw this on Limit Break, their staff didn't really play on the server so instead players just claimed they didn't know what they were doing. I don't think staff played on Wings for either but they obviously had other issues.
>>
>>1266102
no I just usually think people make mountains of molehills. especially when you've got volunteers who are made to deal with an ESL playerbase.
>>
>>1266130
plus almost all of the ppl who were really bad on staff at wings are just horizon staff now lol
>>
>>1266130
I wish I would have played on Limit Break, seemed like a dope, tight-knit experience for the small amount of time it was around.
I think I stayed on Wings at the time since it had the population.
>>
>>1266137
This. Horizon has a combination of Wings+Eden Staff in it now.
>>
>>1266145
Limit Break had its problems but most of them were just due to the devs who started it not having enough time to dedicate to it. I think they thought it was going to be a lot easier than it was. Staying on Wings was the right choice, even in spite of its problems the actual play experience was better than average.
>>
>>1266094
It's important to understand that as a player you are essentially an NPC in staff's custom adventure game. You're just there to fill their world so they can play it.
>>
Anyone on Horizon want to ERP? I am a submissive beta male slut with a kink for large foreheads. Tarns is my name in game.
>>
>>1266222
I thought Tarns was a girl.
>>
>>1266238
She must've pissed some dude off who's taking his vendetta here.
>>
>>1266222
Shut the fuck up Kipling.
>>
>>1266243
Ok lets sit here and think about this. Has sharing dick picks and offering finger jobs in the ff11 community ever worked?
>>
>>1266250
You tell me you dirty little slut.
>>
>>1266262
My dick not big enough.
>>
>>1266238
You got pics? Post 'em
>>
>>1266375
Creep.
>>
>>1266394
You're on 4chan handwringing about someone being a "creep"? I'm with that other anon, if someone's got this sluts nudes then please post them.
>>
If you're at a point where you can sell clears, then what is it you have yet to gain?
>>
>>1266430
Why can't you just be normal and ask for feet pics like the rest of us.
>>
>>1266449
You sell clears to get to the next point of the game that you want to finish.
Has anyone ever sucked dick for gil on horizon?
>>
>>1266596
Wintersolstice
>>
>>1266596
Tarns
>>
>>1265669
I technically have Eureka unlocked but I haven't touched it yet, I was trying to get the MSQ finished before doing all the side content.
Maybe that was a mistake because the story is awful. I can't' believe people commonly cite this game's story as one of its selling points. It's vapid, stupid, contrived, and in your face with the overt moral posturing.
I'm just hoping that it's a little more restrained since it comes from an older era of video games.
I told myself I would just ignore the faggy nature of modern games when I started FFXIV but it's so overwhelming gay that it becomes distracting and off-putting.
>>
>>1262481
Legends tell soon even retail will be folded into Catseye. The spice is inevitable.
>>
File: file.png (4 KB, 72x25)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>More players on Horizon than Asura
Grim
>>
File: lollmao.png (2 KB, 114x36)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>1266783
>>
>>1266789
4 of those are me lol
>>
>agility does nothing for war/pld
>change koenig gear chr to agility
>a gear set that's incredibly heavy
>gets agility
Is Aerec just terminally retarded?
>>
>>1266882
CHR actually does nothing, AGI at least lowers enemy crit rate. Use wiki retard
>>
>>1266241
Probably some morbidly obese fat fuck who will have a heart attack by 40.
>>
>>1266885
Charisma raises resistance to charm retard read the wiki
>>
Asura or Bahamut for retail?
>>
How is the casual leveling scene on Horizon these days?
I tried playing for a few weeks at launch, but it was expectedly packed to the brim with everyone fighting over every EXP spot that people were willing to go to. And once the BSTs started showing up, it only became worse.
If I put my flag up as a job like WHM or BRD these days, will I get a party invite reliably at most level ranges? Or will I end up having to make my own parties?
>>
>>1266966
All the normies were fitlered and now we're left with the meta fags, sorry anon, but it's ogre.
>>
>>1266966
If you don't have food and aren't decked out in HQ gear when they search up your character on the horizon server, you're going to have a rough time getting a party
>>
>>1266238
Tr*ns with the falsetto voice
>does HNM
>LEADS HNM
Mental illness attracts mental illness, like poetry
>>
>>1265865
Post some good mithras
>>1266966
BRD and WHM yes. BRD is the fastest job to level. Ignore both of the other ape retards responding. This thread is horrendous
>>
Who did nothing wrong?
Who did everything wrong?

Me for both
>>
>>1266966
people may at best check your gear then not say anything, BRD is in high demand at all times, and healers are in reasonably high demand but youll probably wait less as a PLD than an WHM. I cant comprehend what that retard is saying about needing great gear to get parties, people will be begging you to group as a bard since no one wants to be the puller themself
>>
Are PLD and SMN jobs people still play and need?
>>
>>1267550
Scummoner will always be in need
>>
>>1266789
Number lower in the middle of a work day, who could have predicted this?
>>
Which woman are we hating on today?
>>
>>1267849
violet
>>
>>1267006
Ayyy. They'd rather wait 1-3 hours or not party at all that day than have 2% less xp/hr
>>
>>1267849
(you)
>>
>>1267849
Rahne
>>
File: 1713712445241188.jpg (120 KB, 1024x1024)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
So is eden 2.0 coming or what?

Getting tired of waiting for my ToAU server bros.
>>
Kupo 2.0 where?
>>
>>1267887
50% less actually
>>
>>1268061
I come home to 200 messages cause y'all believed Dayman of all people smfh.
>>
>>1268059
You're not getting 50% less because a few party members don't have HQ kek. I'd take a full party of trash for low exp as long as they don't wipe rather than standing around all day anyway.
>>
>>1268087
75% less
>>
>>1268007
There is no eden 2 its a pipe dream for banned retards.
>>
>>1268142
Real
>>
>>1268087
200% less
>>
>>1268061
I just got banned from horizon AMA
>>
>>1268184
We all miss you Overlord
>>
>>1268184
Why were you there to begin with?
>>
>>1268221
To lie about getting banned. I haven't cheated, said Nigger or harassed staff
>>
Horizon will never be FFXI
>>
>>1268233
Neither will FFXI
>>
File: fuckyounigger.jpg (81 KB, 735x500)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
This board is more cringe.
>>
>>1268205
All he did was help people out and he got banned for it...
>>
>>1268233
Horizon is ZoomerXI. You should have been able to figure that out the moment you saw the candy floss hair colors.
>>
>>1268279
sexxi
>>
I know absolutely nothing about this game, why should I play a knock-off server when the official one is still up and running?
>>
>>1268295
That entirely depends on what your goal is. Do you want to see the FFXI story and missions? Retail is your only choice -- if you want to see what FFXI felt like (sort of, its close enough) back in 2005~? Horizon will do the job.

What are you looking for?
>>
>>1268295
You shouldn't play a knock-off server. They're containment zones for people interested in playing the same content over and over.
>>
>>1268309
what did you get banned for, sis? FFXI has always been about playing the same content over and over.
>>
>>1267550
Smnigger, blm, brd rdm, and whm are needed for half of the current content. Melee jobs are mostly used in the other half of current content. toau and onwards the game becomes more and more melee centric. If your worried about finding spot for content. Play rdm, you are literally needed for anything even more than bards counting being able to do bcnms
>>
>>1268379
Also you only need the 1 pld and theres a lot of fights 2 ninjas or a rdm is axtually preferable. Even in those fights 2/3rds of the alliance is going to be blm or smniggers so do the math on hard is it to find and keep a spot as the single pld for a good linkshell compared to being blm #7
>>
>>1268078
whos dayman, also who are you? need feet for verification
>>
>/horizondramageneral/
>>
>>1268487
how did yall do these servers before horizon or is horizon the first server
>>
File: 2024-04-26.png (115 KB, 1212x592)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
lol
lmao, enjoy your high expectation server with 1 dev
>>
>>1268538
>Bro where's the content that released over 7 years later?
>>
File: walking onahole.jpg (84 KB, 800x800)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>1268490
This thread used to include other XI servers, but it's since been overtaken by Aerec, Juul and their minions.

You see on Horizon gil goes for $220/million and Aerec doesn't want to lose his cash cow just yet. It's really quite brilliant. Create and hype a new XI server complete with these new bells and whistles, custom content, job balancing. Get xi-celebs to back it. Make fancy job cards and a nice website. What do MMO players inevitably do? They cheat. They buy gil. Why do these people never ask for a cent for the work they do? Because they get paid every time someone buys gil directly from them. Why do they defend Horizon every hour of the day? Because it hurts business.

>>1268544
>promise content adjusted for 75
>don't deliver it
>watch as the people who already sank 4,000 hours into your server defend you for free
>>
File: idiot.png (86 KB, 397x441)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>1268557
nobody has that content in a usable non-custom base anywhere you disingenuous mongoloid. you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. The only feature complete (or at least 95%+ done) future shit is literally just RUN and to a lesser extent GEO, but that's not "content"

WoTG: not done anywhere
mini expansions (3 of them): partial at best
Visions/Scars/Heroes of abyssea: basically nothing that's not custom
SoA: LOL
RoV: mostly custom shit
afaik nobody has ambuscade either, let alone random shit like MMM, meebles or legion. nobody has chocobo raising/racing. Nobody has monstrosity.

Kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>1268557
You can get 220 bucks per million gil? No fucking way. I should come back just to sell my gil
>>
>>1268565
does it make you feel better that they made promises they knew they could not fulfil?
>>
>>1268571
yes
>>
>>1268572
cg you are a mindbroken xi consoomer. now get excited for next server
>>
>>1268576
Eden 3?
>>
FFXI-2 is going to be fucking lit.
>>
>>1268580
1.0 was deleted sorry bwo
>>
>>1268565
Thanks for proving exactly why Horizon is a pointless thing to defend. It's just the heaviest shilled slop in a line of slop.
LSB still needs heavy development for all p servs, they're fun things, they're intended as a way to preserve the game past EoS. Anyone can fuck around and make one. LSB is still receiving development albeit mostly from new blood in the last few years but it still has a long way to go; which is why it's precisely so funny to see p serv dramatards spout schizo babble weekly about why their server is aktchually better.

>>1268580
Only 65 days until we find out if Komoto and other XI team members have been folded back into their regular roles or are working on something else. There's always the possibility they miss the credits for wave 1 and reappear 2-3 years down the line on credit roll 2.
>>
>>1268425
I'm not falling for this again Birdy.
>>
Me? I'm dayman, I'm birdy
>>
File: bepatient.png (292 KB, 421x444)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
>>1268565

I cant heckin wait for horizon SoA content in 2095.
>>
>>1268994
It's at least 5 Fridays after next Friday
>>
orenji is a nigger
>>
>>1269032
Who?
>>
>>1268627
>Only 65 days until we find out if Komoto and other XI team members have been folded back into their regular roles or are working on something else. There's always the possibility they miss the credits for wave 1 and reappear 2-3 years down the line on credit roll 2.

I don't understand what this means
>>
File: FFXIV 1.0.jpg (601 KB, 1280x723)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>1268580
>FFXI-2
>>
File: DtDQcbrXgAA6faB.jpg (65 KB, 720x421)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>
File: DtDQcC5WsAAFvF5.jpg (35 KB, 720x421)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>
File: DtDQdHUWsAASrqq.jpg (81 KB, 720x421)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>
File: DtDQeWEW0AAHdCN.jpg (54 KB, 720x418)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>
File: ffxiv1.0.jpg (248 KB, 1024x576)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>
>>1269255
>>1269260
>>1269261
>>1269264
>>1269267
>>1269268
I will never fucking forgive them for this. Fuck Yoshi-P. Game was decided to get nuked 3 months after launch because they couldn't get massive numbers while WoW was at it's peak playerbase. So fucking mad at what was lost.
>>
>>1269255
god this looks so fucking kino. If only the actual game itself wasn't dogshit
>>
>>1269032
Orenji makes good art, faggot
>>
>>1269276
the game was so goddamn bad
but the SOVL we lost......
>>
File: 391-756454337.png (171 KB, 500x360)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>1269285
They could have fixed it but instead we got 2.0.
>>
>>1269286
SE saw how huge wow was at the time and just told their new team to just copy it. So now we just have a perfected WoW formula clone that's soulless slop where interacting with people doesn't matter, everything is A to B questing, and just instance after instance.
>>
>>1269288
were they wrong? look at the popularity of 14 and the modern playerbase
they were right and it hurts you
it pains you because for all of your life youve known but refused to accept
this is who walks among us
>>
>>1269269
>>1269288
Ultimately the XI & XIV teams still worked on 2.0 through 6.0 and went with the changes too.
Even the reworked combat & job design was handled by Komoto. There's only really been a shift between Shadowbringers & Endwalker.
I get what you're yearning for, XIV 1.0 looks great, if it did grow with patches it could have grown into something wonderful but they were dealing with a game that was panned, that stinky rep doesn't shed itself desu.
>>
>>1269317
>>1269318
It's either conform to the WoW model or die. 1.0 came out before a lot of the clones did like Wildstar for instance.
>>
>>1268557
>one server asks for money
>burn it at the stake, accuse the owners of stealing money, pretend like square enix is gonna shut them down
>different server never asks for money
>"they're obviously selling gil

You people really are fucking retards.
>>
>>1269318
A lot of the old designers went with it because Yoshida flat out said either you support the vision of making the game into a WoW clone or get off the team
>>
File: Komo.jpg (618 KB, 1000x667)
618 KB
618 KB JPG
>>1269336
>A lot of the old designers went with it because Yoshida flat out said either you support the vision of making the game into a WoW clone or get off the team
I get that narrative but the reality is that they have went on to work on other games with other teams and they've continued to come back and work on XIV.
So far the biggest names to disappear are developers who worked on XVI on DQ builders, the big daddy being Komoto who's been lead game designer carrying the game from 1.0 through Shadowbringers.

Dawntrail & Endwalker are so interesting from a development standpoint because the teams did shuffle around due to XVI's development, raids & dungeons were all designed by different teams, the folks who handled Eureka & Bozja ended up working on island sanctuary & EO of all things. If you compare EW's content to other expansions you can see why certain things feel off, you see that repetition of mechanics really kick in.
It's expected that things should shuffle back to normalcy with DT, certainly the core team from XI who worked on Eureka & Bozja shouldl be working on the third zone & relics. We may even see Komoto come back as a supervisor working on game design.

I don't really want to talk that much about XIV in an XI thread but CBU III is extremely flexible as a development unit, there's people out there working with CBU I & II constantly.
If they wanted to leave permanently, they could.
>>
Is it possible to travel to Aht Urhgan without completing CoP? I just want to unlock new jobs
>>
>>1269558
yes
>>
>>1269322
This is the least cohesive greentext I've read all year good job anon
>>
>>1268233
easy to spot the trannies
>>
File: tranny hairs.png (1.92 MB, 1719x967)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>1269621
He's correct though. And Horizon IS the tranny of the XI private servers.

You will never be real XI. You have no sovl, no authenticity. You are a crude mockery of Tanaka's perfection.
>>
File: Bocchi_Nerd.jpg (40 KB, 720x720)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1269628
That's Bocchi hair. This is an anime website.
>>
>>1269641
Anime is how trannies are born.
>>
>>1269645
No that's autism
>>
>>1269628
at least the trannies kill themselves, you should do the same
>>
>>1269628
why have they still not fixed this model and several others having fucked up eyes
>>
>>1269652
>reee kill yourself
you first
>>
>>1269653
because yore gae
>>
>>1269653
Because the braindead thousand yard stare suits horizon players LOL
>>
File: falloutnv.png (297 KB, 682x398)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
>>1269628
>>1269653
>>1269664
Final Fantasy
>>
>>1269669
Final Troonout XIV 2.0...
>>
damn u guys are miserable as fuck out here huh? im glad i have the ability to feel happy probably bc i dont hate random groups of ppl for existing
>>
>>1269844
I like that I can check in and over a day there's fuck all to do with XI going on. That's most days but you give a hurrah for each day without private server wankery.
>>
>>1269844
im miserable bc ive been sitting here for 3 days trying to get into a qufim pt
this game dead as hell and sucks and is ass and trash and im tired of being beaten up by monsters after i zone and im gonna suck the soul straight out of aeric's thin rapier like penis and spit it into hell
>>
>>1269844
FFXI private servers have droves of people who peaked in high school, people who have destroyed their lives, people who cheat on their spouses for some mithra pussy (who are generally played by dudes), and/or people who flunked out of school to continuously play an archaic MMO. Of course, no one is happy. Then mix in the unstable people who got banned and can’t let go, so they seek some false justification for it even though they just broke rules and can’t be accountable for their actions. And if you somehow DO meet a well-adjusted person, they are either strong enough to avoid all the previously said things or will soon crumble and join the rest of the slop, and that’s what keeps you coming to 4chan because it’s a train wreck you can’t look away from.
>>
>>1270153
and the rest are legitimately old as fuck dads and moms and grandparents
its wild seeing old ass fogeys gaming
>>
>>1270153
>>1270161
I mean this in the kindest way, but meds
>>
>>1270152
I've been seeing others in my ls complaing about that the past week. Why not create a party yourself and hit up randoms?
>>
>>1270185
which ones
>>
>>1270193
Whatever your psychiatrist prescribed, anon
>>
>>1270188
i have too much social anxiety for that im a bottom i cant lead
>>
>>1270194
NEVER
>>
>>1270195
then pretend you're someone else and everyone else is a peasant, there for you to manipulate to do your bidding. you're just entering prompts for AI. works 9/10 times
>>
>>1270198
but i want to be friends with everyone :( thats why i play
>>
>>1269844
Most people are happy. Its the same hand full of schizos posting over and over that just gives the illusion everyone is a disgruntled nut case.
>>
>>1270161
>droves of people who peaked in high school, people who have destroyed their lives, people who cheat on their spouses for some mithra pussy (who are generally played by dudes), and/or people who flunked out of school to continuously play an archaic MMO. Of course, no one is happy. Then mix in the unstable people who got banned and can’t let go, so they seek some false justification for it even though

>Boomer hands wrote this post
>>
>>1270153
For me it's hume female pussy
>>
I'd ruin my marriage for some Galka dick.
>>
File: file.png (823 KB, 912x479)
823 KB
823 KB PNG
I was doing a quest with a random in a cave for over an hour last night, we had a great time
>>
File: 1687112546883834.png (433 KB, 976x850)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
At this point why would you even try rolling on a 2 year old server like horizon?

Might as well play another game, you will NEVER catch up.
>>
File: 1581409051357.jpg (190 KB, 1427x2048)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>cleared all storylines
>LS is dead
>can't find anyone else to play with
Should I just move on to XIV then?
>>
>>1270626
Move on anon, FFXI has been dead for oever a decade.

Let this game die.
>>
>>1270406
wtb galka bf
>>
>>1270712

go to /FFXIV/ you fucking EPRG nigger
>>
>>1270595
lol nice, 'sfun going through dungeons with others
glad to see you're having fun lil fella
>>
>>1270715
maybe you should if you're so obsessed with them lmao?
>>
Will they ever unnerf one handed weapons? Its not like it was that broken. Ill tell you whats broken, war abusing bhuj steel cyclone with out of era hasso. Its literally briandead sometimes press your buff buttons and keep spamming
>>
File: IMG_3056.jpg (54 KB, 610x633)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>one of my ls members swapping to an “unknown” alt to ask if he can see my panties, and if i’m being a good girl
Is this the era experience? nigga least be horny on main.
>>
File: .jpg (130 KB, 1703x1080)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>1270833
>and if i’m being a good girl
Well hon, are ya?
>>
File: IMG_3057.gif (26 KB, 220x292)
26 KB
26 KB GIF
>>1270837
>
>>
>>1268205
I dont think Overlord was specifically banned for selling his services in /yell. Do you know what he was actually banned for?
>>
>>1270824
One handed weapons are still 0.65, way higher than they ever were at 75 cap. It's still buffed
>>
>>1270854
Arguing on Discord.
>>
What's the ETA on our retail LS? It's been in discussion stages for years now
>>
>>1270153
Okay Winter, take your vitamins now.
>>
>>1270824
you didn't play era
>>
>>1269600
There were other servers that took donations or charged money and people lost their minds about that, but whats the point in not asking for money if people are just gonna accuse you of selling gil if you dont?
>>
>>1268306
>What are you looking for?
I'm...not entirely sure.
What was the reason for the creation of Horizon? That might be a good place to start.
>>
>>1270854
I thought he was banned for talking about how he was going Russian hitmen to kill Aerec
>>
>>1271061
Level 75 cap like the good ol nostalgia days. It's quite similar to how it was. You actually have to talk with people in group together rather than use a party finder or whatever the fuck to do stuff. Soloing is possible depending on your job

You may as well give it a try, just expect this to be a wiki heavy game. Be sure to find a noob friendly LS and ask a ton of questions.

Oh and if you roll a taru for anything but BLM you are handicapping yourself and you will die to a light breeze.
>>
>>1271113
Spicy is Russian. Coincidence?
>>
>>1271286
Tsryan
>>
>>1271285
I don't mind wiki heavy stuff, I just don't want to cuck myself out of content by playing a private server.
So it sounds like a situation where the owners decided a certain cut-off point was necessary and everything after that wasn't real FFXI or something?
>>
>>1271291
Nothing after that point is playable outside of retail, even the playable parts are guesswork recreations which makes it a contentious topic. Play retail when it goes on sale for $9.99 soon.
>>
>>1271291
Basically but not all of the 75 ffxi is developed yet so it's limited atm
>>
>>1271299
I like Horizon but im considering try retail when its 9$, when is that? Or should i just go back go 14? I stopped before SHb release
>>
>>1271299
Well ok but obviously I'm not going to play both.
>>
>>1270195
Are you suffering from what the zoombies call the "social death ick"
>>
If you had to solo 16-20 on Horizon, where would you go? I don't know mob camps and zones with mobs around that level tend to have them dispersed which makes it trash to farm.
>>
>>1271489
Tahrongi. Or literally any zone with an abundance of ep/dc mobs. You can burn through 5 mobs worth 30-40xp each in the same time it takes to kill one even match.
>>
>>1271489
My Favorite place to level from 16-21 is Dangruf Wadi on EP-EM mobs. Then I chain EM-VT mobs in Pashhow. Pretty easy to do this solo to lv 26ish. Did this recently as SMN/BST Fenrir can easily solo a mob and let a charmed pet do the work while resting. Beware the enmity.
>>
>>1271489
I just find the beetles/funguars for my level range and go all the way to 37
>>
>>1271504
>>1271632
Thanks. I tried sandy's La Theine Plateau a while back and hated it due to the spread out spawns and random high level orcs that aggro. Perhaps the windy and bastok zones are better.
>>
File: 1713732260138700.jpg (317 KB, 646x1148)
317 KB
317 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na5lAIJ2CHI

A theme you will never hear on horizon.
>>
File: wojack.jpg (68 KB, 633x758)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/MFtaPCimSpg?si=UZlDd4ljN6gBXxKB
>A theme you will never hear on horizon.
>>
>>1271906

That version sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZNX_QN5kdo

This jazzy theme was WAY better.
>>
The insecurity in WhereDragon chat is embarrassing.
>>
>>1272018
I think you mean cringe.
>>
>>1272018
What's going on?
>>
>>1272047
The relic DRG and relic RNG are arguing about who's better in chat in front of everyone. Is it the one who can't use a macro? Or is it the one who tosses the era+ item? Literal high school tier trash talk.
>>
>>1272051
you mean the relic DRG who comes thf to use mug?
>>
>>1272051
You mean the relic RNG who got the rare egg and threw it "just to see" and then went crying to the GMs?
>>
I never see JP players use addons
>>
>>1272401
It's illegal for them, probably
>>
>>1272401
They have honor
>>
Playing in 4:3 window mode without Ashita. It's cozy, the vanilla maps even look better. I don't remember why I needed addons.
>>
be a real man, play only using / commands, keyboard only. It was my first 5 years experience with the game. Oh, arrow keys for camera movement, numpad for player movement.
>>
Why play retail in current year?
>>
>>1272532
It's the actual game, it's fun, much content, Wings is the best expansion. RUN, GEO, PUP, BLU, I could go on.
>>
File: 1713812539107873.gif (2.12 MB, 368x348)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB GIF
>>1272537

>The actual game
>Literally a single player game you pay monthly for
>Smaller population on the biggest server than horizon

Sure anon
>>
>>1270899
two more weeks
>>
File: img_20240211_015422.jpg (1.62 MB, 2560x1440)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>
>>1272648
sovlless
>>
File: img_20220926_084224.jpg (2.45 MB, 2560x1440)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>1272648
after so many years....
>>
>>1272664
DEFENDINGGGGGGG
>>
>>1272664
congrats lucky bitch
>>
>>1272133
>>1272372
Good to know both are dogshit. Glad I play with neither. WD truly the worst of HNM shells.
>>
>>1272621
>single player game
Honestly the biggest draw for me. Looking at all the insane teenage drama brought to these threads the only way to enjoy FFXI anymore is by myself
>>
I like pretending trusts are my friends
>>
>>1272867
Ayame is my literal wife.
>>
>>1272867
Do you RP your adventures with dialogue?
>>
File: file.png (131 KB, 907x965)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>1272912
NTA but I have been writing a log of all the stuff I have been doing, I just started a few days ago
>>
>>1272918
Holy fucking SOUL
Reminds me when I first played this game as a kid and didn't have gil for maps so I printed all the maps out and put them in a big binder
>>
>>1272920
I haven't been using any guides, the only external things Im using for windower besides config is the minimap and distance numbers. But so far I've been talking to any npc I can to get info for stuff and wandering around. Met a lot of new players doing the same quests and doing stuff with them.
>>
>>1272018
They have many crybabies in that linkshell.
>>
>levelling campaign coming up
I will start the /vm/ bahamut LS when it starts. if no one joins I don't want to hear about a retail 4chinese linkshell ever again
>>
>>1272949
But I'm on Asura
>>
>>1272951
then you should start a competing LS and whichever one gets more members is the official /vm/ ls and the other is banished to private servers forever
>>
No thanks, I'll stick to my backwater server I've been on since 2003
>>
>>1272956
Which one is that? I've wondered what things are like on those servers that never get a mention. Is Yell still strictly utilitarian, or is the culture different?
>>
>>1272918
holy SOUL, do you draw your own maps too? lol
>>
>forever stuck on Odin
>>
I ain't movin' from Asura, I may have been scammed into it but I'm not rolling on Bahamut just to have a baja blast meme linkshell
>>
>>1272957
Ragnarok, there's still RMT yells but yeah there's occasional content yells with minimal mercing
>>
File: kk2NM.jpg (96 KB, 427x600)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>1272954
>whichever one gets more members is the official /vm/ ls and the other is banished to private servers forever
The latest HorXI recruitment strat, very grim
>>
File: file.png (2.22 MB, 1920x1080)
2.22 MB
2.22 MB PNG
>>1272918
I died fighting the Dark Dragon for my mission
>>
>>1272988
There there, I died on this one too.
>>
File: 1714494001070788.png (176 KB, 600x300)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>1272979
>he got merc memed
>>
Horizon Needs more GMS guys.
>>
>>1273004
Maybe the schizo will apply. Oh wait, they're already GM Violet.
>>
>>1273004
Gay masturbatory shotas?
>>
>>1273015
God I wish
>>
Why do you guys even care about an ls on retail lol. Alliance content has been dead for like a decade now.
>>
>he still camps HNMs while not being part of the cheating LS
I feel sorry for ya'll
>>
>>1273201
>cheating LS
Is that like FFXI NTR? What would that even be? Like they see you with your flag up and send you a /tell but when you respond {Yes, please.} they say they got another bigger and stronger party member?
>>
>>1273208
Pretty much
>camp HNM for months
>despite making every camp, you're probably 4th or 5th in line for loot
>other LS magically are able to have 75% claim rate, practically letting BSTs get the loot you're waiting for.
>>
any ffera players here??
>>
>>1273317
People play on weather website?
>>
>>1273201
Who is the cheating LS? Name them, don’t be a pussy
>>
>>1272918
autism
>>
>>1262220
Back in the long long ago, the DDs, tanks, and puller would consult fo 10-20 mins on what weapons skills we had and try to get to level three for the MB. There was a lot of TP calls, WS calls and the like. All to being down one Incredibly Tough++. Then the party would disband and you're in the middle of nowhere with aggro because you couldn't afford a new warp cudgel.
>>
>>1273833
Chocobo Gordo
I mean hideout
>>
>>1271291
No. The explanation givin is that if they pushed out toau people would ask wheres wotg and so on. The real mask off reason is that some aspects of toau just doesn’t work in the current code pservers use. Toau is the real cutoff from classic ff11 to the more modern version of the game, anyone who says cop was the cutoff is coping. Most 75era content is in toau and even the square enix devs thought that was going to be the final expac. Its hard to say exactly when the game became retail since wings content was being added for years after its initial release, but i would say either when the level cap was raised or trusts were added.
>>
>>1274107
>The real mask off reason is that some aspects of toau just doesn’t work in the current code pservers use.
Proofs?
>>
Sale and free login when
>>
>>1274257
>http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/discount/index.html
May 10th.
>>
Anyone ever play this on a Steam Deck and if so, is it as much of a pain as it seems
>>
>>1274324
Decent for farming I guess
>>
>>1274324
I don't have a deck but heard it's okay. Steaminput's hotkeys were supposed to just work on Linux compared to Windows from what I recall.
Something that the workaround to broke recently because of a client update on either side. Even if it IS broken on Linux somehow you can kinda get around it by inverting and rebinding controls; as much of a pain in the ass as that is but less so since you're only using a singular input device unlike a PC.
>>
File: IMG_3085.jpg (59 KB, 991x180)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Its kind of crazy how most of the jobs in this game are actually dogshit but some niggas genuinely pretend they’re not lmao. Imagine any other game telling you in order to be allowed to participate in 85% of the content you need to be one of the 4 out of 15 classes in the game or you’re worthless
>>
File: file.png (85 KB, 347x240)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>1274472
Why can't you just enjoy things?
>>
>>1274472
Is this a p serv meme?
>>
>>1274472
Have you tried not being a worthless faggot
>>
Am I right in the assumption that if I'm looking for pure singleplayer experience I will need to play CatseyeXI? This game doesn't have custom Singleplayer Repacks, right?
>>
>>1274634
If you don't mind paying money, retail is 90% a single player experience.
>>
>>1274649
I do mind but I'm also not looking for the XIV experience of modern XI. Classic Hardcore XI with hires sounds exactly what I'm looking for as fan of Guild Wars 1 and FFXII.
>>
You aren't looking for classic hardcore xi if you're looking for a singleplayer experience
>>
>>1274666
I certainly would love to play mmos offline with ai bots. like in the .hack// games.
>>
>tfw Phoenix
Hopefully I can grind in peace
>>
>>1274472
Seems like more of a design problem than anything. SE made the gameplay/content so unbearable when you're not loaded with mages.
>>
What's everyone's plans for the upcoming campaigns? I'm probably going to finish leveling everything to 99, finally master a couple of jobs, and spend my stockpile of silver vouchers. What's the rarest thing you've gotten from AMAN trove?
>>
>>1274654
>>1274634
Retail is the way for single player autists, wallet be damned. It's tougher for people who are slower with games and have less time so yeah the sub model hurts.
-but I'd frame it less like the XIV experience of playing a game and private servers as hardcore and more like go play a private server if you never care about playing all of XI and are happy to stop at the end of CoP.
It's okay if you're a poorfag but you're not exactly pirating the game if you're looking to experience the expansion stories, more like playing a demo.

but I agree with >>1274666 Satan here. What you're describing is retail or your own godmode install of LSB
>>
>>1274634
Catseye is not free retail, just play retail. See: >>1274311
>>
After only subbing once you can play free during any free login forever and retail will outlast any pserver.
>>
Retail isn't a completely solo experience. You're not killing any big bosses without a group and you can't even enter Dynamis or SoA endgame stuff. You can do a lot solo, but I think retail is best experienced with a small group of friends. The best part about being able to solo a lot of stuff means you don't need to rely on others to get ready for the hard stuff, but you still need them to actually do the hard stuff. It's a good balance. No waiting around for 20 other people just for a chance at some gear.
>>
>>1275161
>Retail isn't a completely solo experience.
I agree even on experiencing the missions side solo.
I tried to do as much as I could solo but hit a hard wall on a Zilart mission and had to ask someone in my LS to help because I ran out of time and couldn't take another day of stalled progress.
>You can do a lot solo, but I think retail is best experienced with a small group of friends.
I'll also say that beyond friends just because the game is more solo friendly doesn't mean that you have to coast on through never talking to anyone. You can still make friends who are doing similar things, party up and help each other out.
Even in linkshells you'll find other noobs to make friends with.
>>
File: 1713878658440428.png (36 KB, 416x40)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>1274992
I gotta get BRD and GEO mastered so I can bee a good little support slut for my LS
>rarest aman trove drop
omen pet MAB jacket that lets me hit damage cap on apex crabs and nothing in any real content
>>
Play horizon
>Most of the time no one talks so you are talking with your LS
>Try to get help with something like a mission ends up either never panning out or you wait literally hours to do said mission (first time i did my shadow lord fight my party literally sat at the fuckin door to the SL for 2 hours because some dork didnt know the way and kept dying)
>Most people play like bots
>Devs are jack asses and will ban you if they don't really like you
>Devs are also likely selling gil

Play retail
>Have trusts so you can solo most of the game without needing to spam for hours
,>Get into social LS
>Still hard to find help but sometimes you get lucky
>No shit devs to shit up the game
>99% of the players either multibox / bot or both
>Game feels more dead than eden in non SoA zones

Am i missing anything?
>>
>>1275338
you shouldn't have said nigger
>>
>>1275338
>99% of the players either multibox / bot or both
No
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSWeBPrZFs
Original PlayOnline BGM
>>
Saw a smol fella in the wild a few mins ago.
>>
>>1275338
> LS members clearly don't want to be there.
> LS only players with Clique and passive aggressive to everyone else.
> Players in exp parties are bots
> Players in exp parties are braindead
> Can't make gil helping people/merc'ing.
> Can't find anyone to help me for free.
> Devs are MIA
> Only possible fun is TOAU. Also MIA.
> Play by myself >> get lonely >> play with others >> reminded that others are retarded > Play by myself again.
>>
>>1275429

I find myself having more fun trying to solo as a DRG in random areas than playing in a PT.
>>
RDM75/NIN37 looking for party please invite
>>
>>1275435
Tell me more about this. What level is your DRG now?
>>
>>1275443

Nothing too snazzy, literally just /whm sub and fight EPs and DCs, if i have fresh gear i can actually do well on EMs and Ts but only when they are weak to piercing.
>>
I like how the retail vs private argument feels like two groups of people with stockholm syndrome trying to convince each other which one hates where they are the least
>>
>>1275514
Its not retail v pserver. Its pserver fags coping that the pserver they played on is dead so im heckin hopping back onto retail vs pserver fags.
>>
I genuinely can’t think of a less interesting game than single player ff11. This game is boring as fuck solo. every quest is press autorun back and forth, gameplay is just cast the same 3 spells over and over or just press buff button than auto attack, farming is only cool because its an mmo without showing off to other players, whats the point? Ff11 is good because its a mmo, and literally no other reason. If you say otherwise i have to assume you have braindamage.
>>
>>1275429
Sounds to me like you are the problem.
>>
File: Weirdge.jpg (22 KB, 360x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>1275520
>Asura has less players than pserver
>pserver has more players than asura
>Asura is like 75% or more multiboxers and/or bots

>pserver they played on is dead

Is this ejin cucksith?
>>
>>1275527
Its funny reading someone complain about how bad everyone else is, but also how those same people are all in cliques he’s not invited in. Lol maybe because you’re annoying as fuck?
>>
>>1275514
>retail vs private server
ehhh, I think people should play on a private server if they want to. Don't really care if retail XI loses out on subs.
However there's also the grim truth that landsandboat and private servers aren't 1:1 clones of retail and aren't making great strides of progress, if someone's looking to play the expansions then as long as they're aware of what they're buying into with a private server let 'em go for it.

>>1275524
I see value in enjoying the story and vana'diel, if you enjoy the battle system it's alright.
However trusts are limited so that curbs the fun more than playing in a party and removes a block of skillchain fun.
but you're right, single player XI needs actual work and adjustments put in to transform that.
>>
>>1275531
Ejiin "banned" Caitsith plays on Ragnarok bwo....
>>
>>1275531
I have no idea wtf you’re talking about. Retailfags in these threads never praise retail, they only shit on pservers. I have no unjust qualms with retail, i just don’t like trusts so i don't play it. They feel clunky, and its a deal breaker. Asura on paper has the same size population as horizon and it is like 75% bots/multiboxing. Last time i played retail there was easily 6 galka mnk bots farming outside of bastok, and every other person warping in had several multibox clones following them.
>>
>>1275539
>i just don’t like trusts so i don't play it. They feel clunky, and its a deal breaker.
I am a retailfag and even I agree that trusts are shit. I guess I shit on both.
>>
>>1274472
Sounds like someone missed the boat. You're literally a burden if you're melee without gear or a mage class to get gear with these days.
>>
>>1275536
>banned
qrd?
>>
>>1275524
I've been listening to the FFXI ost regularly for over a decade. Sometimes I just like existing in vana'diel. Even just running from point a to point b is still enjoyable to me
I've probably played through the entire story and all expacs 6-7 times by now
>>
>>1275551
Ejiin's original character is banned, he just remade a bunch of accounts like a cuck though
>>
File: EMINEM2.jpg (82 KB, 640x486)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>subscription payment didn't go through on retail
>check R*ddit
>I guess they've narrowed it down to the fact that the new payment processor SE is using doesn't accept Visa debit

Very cool, thank you Squeenix!
>>
>>1275532
It's because those cliques are groups of manbabies that cry about everything.
>>
>>1275597
Are you not crying about everyone but you being le bad rn?
>>
>>1275584
Just buy Crysta, that's what I did.
>>
>>1275600
Not the point. Why does a multibillion dollar international conglomerate have issues accepting Visa cards in 2024?
>>
>>1275603
The payment processor they were using before blocked access because chinks kept using gift cards purchased with stolen credit cards, hence why when they switched payment processors the amount of options to pay decreased to the standard types
>>
>>1275597
You don't cry with your homies?
>>
>>1275603
Get an actual card like a mastercard you fucking dork
>>
>>1275584
>I guess they've narrowed it down to the fact that the new payment processor SE is using doesn't accept Visa debit
I've seen this but I've had no problems paying for XI since the change and I even renewed my XIV sub just yesterday with a visa debit card after having used a credit card for the last few months.
I saw SE saying you'd need to check your name & address matched on your account, mine does and I live in a now third world country (bongland) and had no issues there.
>>
>>1275539
The worst part about the bots in the starting zones is that their "fix" was to cap how many sparks you can spend per week, which didn't stop the RMT bots cause they just delete the character and make a new one when they hit the cap. It just screwed normal players out of a steady income stream via gil from sparks.
>>
>>1275625
>you'd need to check your name & address matched on your account

THEY DO MATCH THO I'M TRYING TO GIVE YOU MONEY PLEASE TAKE IT
>>
>>1275672
Shit, well sorry to hear that.
I know how you feel, I can't get Aliexpress to take my money either. I'd say try crysta if you can, another card if you've got one or one of those youth mastercard or whatever for yobbos who buy weed online.
If you don't have a credit card and can get one, sometimes worth getting one for shit like this.

GL anon, I'll play a little retail for you today.
>>
Does this game run well on linux?
>>
>>1275739
works fine if you use winefix plugin on ashitav4, if you don't you need a really old wine to not stutter*

The above only applies to retail. For some reason the stuttering doesn't happen with private servers. Game is basically flawless otherwise.
>>
>>1275740
Thanks for the answer. I will give it a try with the retail version.
>>
>>1274654
Classic ffxi is nothing like guild wars, past level 40 you will be spending longer waiting for a party invite to level than actually leveling, and you can't do anything while you wait either. This is why retail is better, it has systems where you can level solo.
>>
>>1275776
you are a fucking retard, i got 3 maats caps in diferent p servers and i have never waited a single minute waiting for an invite, i just make my parties in less than 5-15 min most of the time, sometimes cant be but thats very weird, if no party you can do many other things like kill shit solo or whatever
>>
Is it worth multiboxing? Will subs cost more?
>>
>>1275795

> Complains about how long they have to wait for a party.
> Refuses to make a party
> Says its "hard" to level beyond level 40.

Definitely a shitter.
>>
finally got Sea access on horizon and I finally feel like I can start branching out a small bit on what I spend my time on. I know theres more to do on CoP but just zoning in and seeing the sharks and UFOs for the first time ever felt like a huge weight off my shoulders. I wish I got to experience Red Mage in its prime but it is what it is. when im caught up with some of the other big quests and missions I may get a retail sub just to try out stuff like composure. Any big milestones for any of you anons lately?
>>
>>1275921
>Any big milestones for any of you anons lately?
patched a bug that's going to cause seething by exploiters :)
>>
>>1275937
cool, how about in gameplay.
>>
>>1275955
don't have one because I'm stuck in dev hell trying to make this pos codebase suck less
>>
>>1275957
when you think toau will come out?
>>
>>1275937
what bug was?
>>
>>1275990
hume females couldn't get pregnant in game
>>
>>1275986
I have no clue. What horizon thinks is enough isn't what I think is enough
>>
>>1275997
what do you mean?
>>
>>1275998
they could enable ToAU with a lot less than they planned and players will still be happy
>>
>>1276006
yeah i agree they cant change their mind?
>>
Sorry if my question is too dumb. But will this game (on retail) eventually get new expansions or content?
>>
>>1275614
see the cute part is WD doesn't cry with their homies. they vague post in the suggestion thread and then get smacked by the devs over and over like the bitches they are lol

>>1275776
found the THF. lemme guess - you're level 40 but in beetle gear and NQ level 14 STR rings?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.