[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vmg/ - Video Games/Mobile

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: F_ghuC9XEAA3be3.jpg (3.22 MB, 4096x3111)
3.22 MB
3.22 MB JPG
These threads keep getting deleted for some reason

Upcoming Events:

>Qualily’s Special Quests

>Date and Time (local time)

>From Friday, January 12, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. until Thursday, January 18, 2024, at midnight.

>Descent of the Azure King

>From Monday, January 15, 2024, at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, January 21, 2024, at midnight.

>During the following times over the weekend, Rathalos and Azure Rathalos will appear more frequently in forest habitats for all hunters HR 11 and above.

>From Friday, January 19, 2024, at 5:00 p.m. until Sunday, January 21, 2024, at midnight.

>Banbaro & Radobaan Week

>From Monday, January 22, 2024, at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, January 28, 2024, at midnight.

Set Builder:

http://mhn.quest

How to Spoof:

>unrooted: fake gps, wont be able to kill anything as long as you have it open but you can paintball monsters for later

>unrooted: VMOS, shady as fuck, will steal all your data

>rooted: magisk, lposed, playintegrityfix, fake gps
>>
Welcome back!
>>
File: file.jpg (110 KB, 950x1050)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
When is Capcom going to implement the Gun Sword from Lost Planet 2 as a weapon class in Monster Hunter Now?
>>
Is raw damage LBG considered decent?
>>
Why the fuck can I not get Large Monster bones anymore? I've hit dozen and dozens of bonepiles for days now and I only get Smalls mediums and plus. What the actual fuck?
>>
I live in Tokyo but went home to the US for Christmas
I really feel for you fellas when it comes to gathering; that's just not fair
Also I never saw another soul anywhere, even though it was suburban MA
It's nice here having local guys put up hunts so I don't have to even leave home sometimes (but it's not common, maybe 1 or 2 monsters per rotation)
>>
>fighting barioth
>does his freeze breath
>phone freezes
>dies
truly, i got monster hunted
>>
>>1374096
Try putting graphics on low and disable 60 fps
>>
>>1374172
no, it literally killed the phone
>>
>>1374364
Damn
>>
I need Wyvern Gem Shards to progress further, so the game may as well be dead to me. I found my first one just a few days ago and my second from the quest, but this is an experience horrid enough to quit.
Fighting monsters for basically no reason, then fighting the few 8* monsters that I'm capable of killing for an astronomical chance at getting ONE of several shards necessary to upgrade a single piece of equipment. I won't have enough for an upgrade for at least a solid month or two and the prospect is nauseating.
>>
>>1375159
the first one i got was after 70+ 3 8 stars monsters, after that i got them regularly (as in every 10 or 20 monsters, sometimes more), have fun
>>
I don't know why I unlocked 9 stars
I wanted more 8 stars, but it doesn't seem like there are that many more
But seeing how much damage I did to a 9 star jagras despite playing pretty well really is about to make me log in for events only from now on
I got 5 total WGS's throughout all of the 8 star story
>>
I'm at 6star monsters. Can't solo any 6star huntathons yet.
I will just stay here until I can get my elemental weapons and armor to 7 5/5. Just to confirm, does paralysis/poison work the same way as elemental damage? That you just add it to the base damage if the monster is weak to paralysis/poison?
>>
>>1377343
No. Those are status effects.
I believe you DO get a small uptick in damage while attaching the monster if it's paralyzed but that's about it.
>>
>>1377343
Also poison keeps Legiana on the ground
>>
>>1377343
HaT monsters are scaled to 2x health, except rathalos, thats scaled to 1.7x health for some reason

so if you are fighting a 6 stars zinogre you are effectively fighting a 7 stars zinogre
>>
>No one that plays game the
>almost nothing to gather near by
>its cold as shit
how do I spoof?
>>
>>1379048
It's literally in the op
>>
>>1376117
I’m kind of annoyed with the hp inflation of 9 and 10 star monsters. My most overtuned water weapon is at 9&5/5 and even with water attack +5 lock on and crit eye +3 I consistently time out against 9* anjanath. I’ve tried replacing jyura chest with rathalos mail, anjanath mail, hoping wex +2 or special attack +2 would bring me close enough but nope, I don’t even make it to red every time unless I have a special saved from the start, make absolutely zero mistakes, and get lucky with attack RNG so I’m not chasing it after it snacks on the ground.
>>
>>1379685
Are you back dodging?
Try dodging back when anjanath snaps its teeth at you during demon mode, you get the iframes of a regular roll.
>>
When is GL ? Mats are too scarce to keep leveling brick LBG.
>>
>>1380136
Brick?
Personally I’m doing just fine with LBG, just finished the rath 9&5/5 and beat paolumu’s 9* urgent, but I just fought one in the wild and even after upgrading my set to fire attack 5 reload 3 recoil 2 I had a really hard time finishing it off. My urgent time was 1:06 with fire attack 5 recoil 3 but 1:15 in the field with fire attack 5 reload 3 recoil 2. Do urgents have different hp?
>>
>az rath has the smallest hp pool of all
Oh neat, finally a target for my p rathian bow to bully
>>
>traveled all of Korea
>only 1 azure rathalos
alright
>>
>>1381090
Just use mhn.quest’s map and jump from forest habitat to habitat.
>>
File: azure.webm (3.57 MB, 1080x1976)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB WEBM
ded thread
ded game
>>
The grind is soul crushing. The gameplay is fun but after finishing the story you hit a brick wall. Drop rates are dogshit disgusting and it takes forever to make any meaningful progress with your equipment
>>
https://youtu.be/006oJFTrhhU
>story keeps going after 10 stars but just repeats the 10 star story
What's the point? It's not like you get any rewards from the story after the first run anyways
>>
File: IMG_20210322_172955_918.jpg (65 KB, 1108x544)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
For anyone that does so; Prime gaming has another offer for 2x Potions and 1x Carving Knife.
>>
File: 1705809513601.png (1.61 MB, 1080x2400)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
wow it must suck to be a walkie
>>
File: 1682837017838735.png (2.74 MB, 1644x3496)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB PNG
>considered dropping the game because I can't progress
>buy new phone
>try hunting
>game feels like it's on 200% speed
>manhandle the paolumu I was stuck on in under 50 seconds
>realize the reason I was stuck was because my game was running at 20 fps while the clock counted at 60 so I did way less damage than I was supposed to
enjoying the game way more now, shame I wasted all my drop luck on a fucking paolumu though
>>
>>1385392
What was your old phone and it's specs compared to your new one now?
>>
>>1385558
upgraded from an xperia 10 II to an xperia 1V. 3x the ram and way better cpu
>>
>>1385567
Neat. What's the new frame rate now compared to the old one? I went from a pixel 5 to a Pixel 7 Pro but at best my frame rate averages around 35 according to the counter I have on mine. Still wondering what kind of phones others have when posting videos with ridiculously smooth and lighting fast frames.
>>
>>1385589
Some of them are probably just posting videos from emulators running on a pc. But yeah it's an easy 60 I'd say. Not getting any slowdown at all unlike on my old phone where some fights (paolumu, zinogre, tobi, banbaro) slowed down the game so much I could only attack once every 5-8 seconds
>>
>>1385591
Perhaps, even so it's irking to see such frame rates. I get the occasional stutter when particles are a bit heavy but nothing that is detrimental yet. Also still on the fence about rooting my phone to spoof since I'm sick of solo hunting. Regardless I can live with the frame rate I have but it could always be better....
>>
>>1385593
I didn't get any stutter at all when I fought a banbaro earlier even when he picked up the tree and ran around. That used to make my old phone almost crash.
>>
Usually get a bit of frame rate stutter with paolumu's inhale before it's airsac inflation or Barioth and Radobaan's signature attacks but more annoying than anything. Guess I'll see when I upgrade my phone and if the game is still around till then?
>>
>>1385591
What emulators are running this game on pc?
>>
File: 1626985930488.jpg (61 KB, 849x640)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>1385700
Honestly have no idea. I've heard BlueStacks doesn't work even though it does for PoGo.
>>
>>1385700
None, anon is a retard who is talking shit
>>
What can they do to make game better?
>Merge the two types of paintballs.(Still get 3/day)
>Add Marked monster slots to store.
>Paintballs have better bundles/pricing. Can be rewards from daily quests.
>Can config Palico with Paintball targets. (mons, min-max rarity, etc)
>Add a 2nd Palico for gathering. Can set him to various bugs, bones, etc. Its crazy how you can just hit a wall from not having the right gather mat.
>Add a daily mission that has a monster fight attached to it similar to some of the main story quests.
>Add monster bait/lures.
>Add weapon / armor salvaging
>Add charms
>Add Gunlance and CB
>>
>>1385778
Parts reward system should be changed from "4 random drops + 1 random drop from each broken part" to "3 random + 1 random drop for each rank above 4 stars (with higher drop rates for higher rarity items in their respective drop slot according to the monster rank}) + guaranteed higher rarity drop for broken parts"
Failing that, enable parts exchange
>>
>>1385778
>>1385808
Hell let us rework our resources. Mighty Doom has it so you can dismantle weapons to get ALL resources back so you can experiment and stuff and not fuck you over when a better version of your current weapon is acquired.
>>
>mhn.quest now has adblock detection
that shit is gay as fuck
>>
>>1385778
I think AI palicos in fights would be a good idea
They'll help just about every player not living in Asia who's stuck behind the mountain of WGSs they need, and they're an extra grind (AKA double reward $$$) for their armors/weapons
Things would get very bleak very fast though if they make them pay to assist
>>
Feels like I'm just waiting for them to make the game less jewish
>>
I usually like SnS but it's really boring in this game
I got the jagras SnS to 7.5 but figured it was better to swap to Jyura, and I can't believe my 6.2 Jyura hammer is already outpacing the SnS at killing 8 stars
It's also a lot more fun
>>
>>1391319
Sns got gutted after the global release and it kept getting nerfed every patch after that, it's currently the worst weapon in the game
>>
>>1391338
It very well could be; did it just have much higher MVs before global launch?
I think the one-handed buttonless control scheme hurts it far too much, same for lance
>>
Is that dataminer Anon still around?
Or does anyone know of any places to see datamining reports?
>>
>>1391598
Yes, I am always here, it's a curse, haven't datamined anything in like, 5 patches tho
>>
>>1391725
Have they been better at hiding things?
Or are you just not bothered to do it anymore; which I wouldn't blame you for
>>
>>1392704
The latter, I'll check the update that came out today later this week
>>
Lance build.
https://mhn.quest/?nn02042112nnnnnn04060606nn
What boots should I go with?
Kulu, Rath or banbro?
>>
The drop rate are so fucking bad coupled with the timer it's such bullshit. I can output any monster but lol nope DPS check in a time frame or you LOSE. I might pick it back up when they buff drops or add calico with pilfer. I don't see why anyone would bother continuing the story when all it means is you're spawning monsters you literally cannot kill. It would be one thing if I could slowly grind up my weapon but no the drop rates are worse than gacha games where you can at least whale for shit.
>>
I just want to confirm before I do something stupid: most of the weapons I actually use are now Grade 5.5 and I need more drops from 6* monsters to break into Grade 6. I should finish my second run and go to my third run to increase the levels of spawns, right?
>>
>>1394852
Do not go past 8 stars. There's literally no reason to. WGS's drop from 8 stars and above but the HP increase to all monsters is stupid AF especially when they keep nerfing everything. You need a total of 90 WGS's to max out a SINGLE weapon.
>>
>>1395582
At first when I went to 9 stars I regretted it, but after some time passed, the huge boost to 8 stars on the map has made me get a decent amount more WGSs
R1 mats have ended up being more of a grind at this point
>>
File: 1705964043789688.jpg (40 KB, 250x250)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
It's all ogre
>>
>>1403480
I had a dream and somehow this post came up in it
In the dream, they announced sand barioth as the next monster but it looked beige-ish like that pic and without the red head, and I thought
>oh shit, that guy's post was right, that's why it's ogre; they can't even get sand barioth right
Anyways the game's still fun but tedious
>>
>build a heroics set
>feels like I'm barely outdamaging my normal one while making hunting three times as uncomfortable
>>
File: 1640913235597.png (333 KB, 462x484)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
Hey how is the game doing? I stopped playing around pink rathian release, when they killed spoofing for nonrooted devices. I might download the game again but has the game random shuttering, freezing and shit optimization been fixed? ranged and LS keep shitting on all the rest of the weapons and monsters?
>>
>>1408319
An anon reported that it plays better on a newer phone at the very least. Ranged got nerfed and hits less on non-weak spots now
>>
>>1408319
i am playing on a moto edge 30, game runs fine
LS is still king while everyone still blames bows
bow is still the second best (black diablos bow)
LBG is trash tier, only followed by lance and then SnS
>>
March update better come with bait or lures. Its a brick wall with how many specific monster parts you need. Or even bring the alchemy pot.
>>
>>1408877
https://old.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterNowHub/comments/1au7plg/monster_hunter_now_datamine_thread/
>>
>>1409001
Gunlance files MIA
HBG files added. This kinda sucks to be honest. Hopefully most of this is released at the same time.
>>
https://monsterhunternow.com/news/mar-2024
It's incredible how they managed to make a major update sound utterly unexciting
>>
>>1408877
I'm getting really annoyed at having to discard heaps of monster parts and resources because I don't want to buy inventory upgrades. Such a fucking waste and I can't use them not because they are useless but because I can't get a single mat drop from a single monster. As soon as I do I blow through hundreds of other mats easy.
>>
no wyvern shards no play
>>
File: 1682712058976349.gif (1.44 MB, 498x457)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB GIF
>finally get to 8 star
>ok now I can finally get those shard things and progress
>that HP bloat
>btw you have to break parts to get the shards, making your DPS even lower
>oh and half of them are the tail
>>
>>1409780
maybe doing a part breaker build is best? That does mean black diablos farming, but at least march has more black diablos
>>
I fucking hate Tobi. This fucker never drops claws.
>>
>>1414625
I've been farming juratodus for months and only gotten 2 purple drops. I don't understand why the fucker hates me so much.
>>
I hate so much that this is a geo-walking game... I just want a monster hunter phone game and we never got a real one in the west
>>
File: 355093580-352-k506397.jpg (29 KB, 352x550)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>1414668
>Hunt a monster on the field, it's gone for good
>Sure, that makes sense
>But
>Someone else still has that monster on their field
>They see a nearby hunter
>They put up a group hunt
>Because you already hunted that monster, you will never see that request
>Play the game, watching there are actually Nearby Hunters
>Put up the quest
>No one ever joins
>Because they already hunted the monster on their own
>Meaning this whole co-op feature is fucking useless unless you already have a squad of people
I don't give a FUCK about balancing or exploits. With how unfair the drop rates are, I need every hunting opportunity I can get so who cares if I can hunt a fucking 5 star Kulu 4 times in a row. And how come there's no actual push notification options for when a nearby hunt goes up? What the fuck Niantic. You've been in the phone game for years.
The baffling thing is how paintballs work. They're fucking useless. They'd be better if they were cheaper and if you can hunt with people in your friends list. That would actually give people incentive to buy these stupid things. Their retarded community reasoning doesn't hold up when the game doesn't offer any actual community or communication tools. Where the fuck are my Guild Cards? "I hunt around this area between 3 to 5". Any God damn thing to encourage team play. They want this shit to occur naturally but they don't provide any tools to make it happen. You know what would be cool to have in this GEO game? Some God damn signs of life in your area. Maybe a hunt leaves behind a scale or claw drop on the field for other hunters to find and get a clue that there are other hunters in the area.
This game's geo shit could be so much better to match the actual fun hunting gameplay. But no, the hunting gameplay has to be surrounded by mediocrity.
>>
Even with a high level pukei weapon and 4/5 poison attack I still can't seem to land poison on a lot of monsters. Feels like a scam on pretty much everyone except Tobi who melts hilariously fast to poison
>>
>Grade 5 5/5 Aqua Hammer can keep up with a Grade 7 5/5 Sword and Shield
Why did they do us this dirty SnS bros.
>>
>>1409001
Holy shit deviljho confirmed
>>
So what's the current meta? I'm just using elemental DB because I think it's cool.
>>
>>1419690
bblos bow
pinkian ls
everything else is shit
>>
>>1419691
>pinkian ls
Is poison actually good? I thought it was a meme.
>>
>>1419726
pinkian LS has the biggest raw ATM, poison is just a plus
>>
>>1419749
Isn't elemental better than raw? Is there somewhere I can see builds people are using?
>>
File: 1682114217797326.png (491 KB, 1080x2200)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
Got super lucky off this six star
>>
>>1420221
>six star
Im retarded, it had 2 purple stars so it was a 7 stat
>>
File: 1450104643662.jpg (57 KB, 521x512)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>1420221
>super lucky
>not rarity 6 wyvern gem shards
anon, at some point you will find yourself throwing those away because they are useless
>>
>>1420221
I know I won't be enjoying that grind
>>
>>1420251
I'm still struggling with 7 star monsters. What are people using for high difficulty hunts?
>>
>>1420377
7.5 pukei bow can take you up to 9 stars monsters anon
>>
>>1420495
I fucking hate bow though.
>>
The abysmal fucking drops are such ass. like even the logical progression of
>I'll just fight a purple bird to upgrade to fight a purple jagras, to have the water bonus damage on the purple (weak to fire)
purples only spawn 1 out of 10 or so and still drop OOPS ALL ONE STAR LEVEL SHIT HAHA WOOPSIES

I still don't get why anyone would ever use or buy a knife because the niggerfaggot monster isn't going to drop and fucking thing you need in the first place. I'm only playing this trash because 2025 is still so far away goddammit.
>>
What the fuck when did they add more load outs?
>>
>>1420532
probably a bug
>>
>>1420377
>>1420510
Last Dance and stacking Affinity if you don’t mind using the Long Sword.
>>
If I use a poison weapon and my armor gives me ice elemental damage, does that still get applied if I fight a monster weak to ice? Or do I have to use an ice weapon?
>>
>>1420904
Armor skills only boost existing stats, so you still need ice weapons
>>
https://twitter.com/MH_Now_EN/status/1765890184791429247
Charge blade, switchaxe, odogaron, and deviljho incoming
>>
>>1420932
Also 250 free inventory spaces.
>>
>>1420932
Oh wait no switchaxe, I'm dumb
>>
Black Diablos is aids. I cant even get close to killing his 5* version. Are alt versions 1 rank higher?
>>
>>1420914
Thank you. I'll just focus on attack and divine blessing armor then.
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 698x137)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>1420956
Yeah he sucks. His health is bloated as well. You can check this in the mhn link in the OP.
>>
>>1420516
>OOPS ALL ONE STAR LEVEL SHIT HAHA WOOPSIES
I hope you're hoarding those because they eventually become more valuable than anything higher.
I haven't been able to upgrade Lightning Bash 1 because I don't have any Rarity 1 Claws. I'm sitting on 15 Electrodes right now and I already overgraded the Robi equipment that gives me Thunder Attack bonus.
>>
Looks like main story is going away if you cleared it and being replaced with the season story
https://monsterhunternow.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/12993/3-7%E8%BF%BD%E8%A8%98-%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AF%E3%82%A8%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E5%91%A8%E5%9B%9E%E3%81%A8%E9%9B%A3%E6%98%93%E5%BA%A6-%E3%81%AE%E9%96%8B%E6%94%BE-updated-3-7-replay-of-story-quests-and-unlocking-monster-star
>If Chapter 13 “Sunderer of the Skies” is cleared:
>Regardless of the progress in replaying, the progression of the Pre-Season Story will end, and you will transition to Chapter 1 of the Season Story.
>※ Please note that you cannot return to replay the Pre-Season Story.

I still can't kill any 9 stars, so I really hope the season story isn't just kill 9 stars for me
>>
>Decide to look at Monster Guide
>No real difference in rewards between 6 star and 7 star monsters
>Drop rates are so fucking trash any ways so whatever 0.1% increase with 7 star means nothing
Why even bother with the bloated health of 7 stars? Just to practice the new behavior for 8 star?
>>
>>1421707
I don't think so, unless you can kill them reliably. I thought maybe unlocking a higher star would make the higher stars spawn at higher rates but I don't think that's the case. Gotta be careful not to finish the story so you don't get fucked with monsters you can't kill taking up space in the field.
>>
>>1421972
I need to unlock 9 stars so I can get more 8 stars to spawn. I need fucking gems. 8 stars just seems like useless filler.
>>
Finally, a good fucking change
Load out list and quick select is godly
>>
>>1422337
Based names for your load outs. Also new update must of done something because now my frame rate during hunts actually is 60. Thought I was having a stroke or something when I saw this.
>>
>>1421670
How do you unlock higher rank monsters? Laps of the new season? Not like I'll progress from 6* any time soon though.
>>
>>1422491
Do the story quest.

The first time you unlock all the way up to 6 stars. Doing it all over again unlocks a new star level.
>>
File: IMG_2580.png (1.65 MB, 591x1280)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
Post loadouts NOW.
>>
So I never finished the event since I could never kill a 6* Zinogre. 0 people in my tiny shithole that plays this game and I'm not able to solo it with how much health it has.
What did I miss from step 25?
>>
What charge blade are you bros making?
>>
>>1423649
diablos
>>
>>1423606
Kill 7* monsters for next level rarity stuff.
>>
https://twitter.com/MH_Now_EN/status/1768087151097287078
Free stuff (?)
>>
>>1423710
It's fucking nothing
Would it kill them to give us a knife or paintball?
>>
>>1423710
I started the game a little over a month ago and the most useful thing in this for me was the Small Bones. I live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere so grinding anything in this game is more agonizing then it would be in a city. I've gotten more Bone L and M then S from basic gathering spots, and its infuriating when all the shit I need to upgrade requires a load of Bone S per each level.
>>
Incredibly soulful that the Deviljho invader theme is the invader monster theme from P3rd
>>
Charge blade is so complex but there is no guide on how to use this thing.
I managed to randomly charge my shield when trying to use phail attack. No idea a what that even does.
can you only do the move with full SP and loaded bottles?
>>
>>1423942
Haven't checked since the game runs like ass on my phone, but I think there were weapon tutorials in the game's FAQ section in settings
>>
Is coral pukei pukei armor really that good? .quest says so but I can’t believe my eyes. These deviljho weapons are all amazing too. Probably the only thing we can use against dragon weak only elder dragons.
>>
>>1423967
What does a deviljo spawn look like? Apparently it just shows up or something? I haven't had one yet at all.
>>
>>1423985
You check the monster and suddenly deviljho will steal the spawn at the same star difficulty. It’s either an easy fight (bow, gun, hammer) or a hard fight (everything else). It appears to have a rare 6 drop, Saliva
>>
File: file.png (239 KB, 391x401)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
Holy fucking shit I hate nigger-antics so much. They could have provided some actual value for once by including a season pass you know like every 10 levels you can pick a single 6 star drop or to whatever the highest monster level you have unlocked.
>UHMMMM ACTUALLY THAT WOULD BE PAY TO WIN SIR AND UNFAIR!
No, no it fucking wouldn't because you're already grinding for that shit to begin with, then with the season pass you're not only grinding but paying for an additional grind. Quite literally you're paying to grind while you grind. The very least they could do was throw us a fucking bone since they made it as clear as possible they have no fucking intention of adjusting drop rates. Ayo holup lemme find that faggot ass quote they provided us.

>the reward system is designed to maintain an element of randomness and excitement.

the only thing it maintains is that Jagniggers tongue my anus. I have yet to see a single yellow drop since reaching 6 star. I cannot improve any of my gear at HR 69(nice) this fucking bullshit sucks ASSSSSSSSSS if there was even a way to ensure like 1 monthly it would be less of a fucking pain point. God damn niantic are so fucking retarded and don't understand how to value things. Jesus christ I'm so goddamn mad and don't get me started on Pokemon Go

btw im a fag im a lesbian im trans im retarded im autistic im gonna fucking kys myself

But enough of niantic how are your hunts going anon.
>>
>>1424008
>the only thing it maintains is that Jagniggers tongue my anus. I have yet to see a single yellow drop since reaching 6 star
You can have some of mine anon. I can't do shit with them.
>>
>>1424020
you really don't understand how your shit tier drops would literally change so much for me. care to post medals I can't imagine what sheer number of hunts lead to these drops. do you spoof? I sure wish I did.
>>
>>1424008
I really don't know how yellows are a problem my guy
Reds, sure, but yellows never felt like that much of a paint point early on, and by the time
You can at least check out mhn.quest to see which part breaks drop which yellow drops (head for Jagras)
t. never spoofed, mostly solo player with 5 weapons at 7.5-8.4
>>
maybe one day the lance counter will actually be good
I mean monsters moving out of the way ever so slightly when they attack making the counter miss on like 80% of moves has to be unintentional, right?
>>
>>1423967
Subspecies armor being limited means they're all going to be kinda better than most other monsters' armors
But apparently getting far enough in the season story unlocks black blos, pinkian, and azurelos as permanent field spawns, which is nice
>>
>>1424064
Fuck. I have to kill a 10 star radobaan then and I can’t fucking do it. I can’t get enough part breaker pieces to expose the face fast enough to do enough damage especially after the opportunity cost of acquiring part breaker. I am using a 9&5/5 long sword but come on it shouldn’t be this difficult.
>>
>>1424160
you can tone down the season story by 1 star, making all season story monsters 9 stars instead of 10, this doesnt affect the monsters in the field
>>
>>1424162
How?
>>
>>1424163
i think you can do it from the options menu, a pop up also appears after you get killed by a season story monster asking you if you want to tone it down by 1 star
>>
>>1424166
>cannot be undone
So I still have to do eventually. Fucking hell.
>>
>>1424168
well, yeah, you will go to 9 stars monsters and have to clear it, after you clear it you will land in 10 stars monsters then wait for the next season and do it again
>>
Where can I go to see max stats on the new Charge Blades? I don't want to end up bricking myself by building the wrong one.
>>
>>1424234
mhn.quest
>>
>remove the subspecies spawns
>add them to the new story
>force you to beat it in 10 days if you want to complete the event quests for them
wicked
>>
Are elemental CB worth making?
>>
Which winter monsters got removed the current update? About to trash their mats.
>>
>>1424558
Just barioth I think.
>>
File: IMG_20240314_203325.png (1.27 MB, 904x1808)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>1424025
I don't spoof
I don't think I'm too nuts. I've been casually playing every day since launch. There was a 3 month period where I was restrained to one area with only 2 nodes though.
>>
>>1424645
What's you're trekker medal at?
>>
Guild Cards anyone?
Not the most exciting implementation but it's cool to at least see some stats now.
>>
File: IMG_20240314_204456.png (597 KB, 904x904)
597 KB
597 KB PNG
>>1424654
>>
>>1423942
https://twitter.com/sKy_iRohaS_MH/status/1768424798261219338
Found this on twitter
長押し -> long press
上フリック -> swipe up
下フリック -> swipe down
>>
apparently cb plays like 4u cb where only amped AED are worth, there are guard points and everything, you also need a math degree in order to play it
>>
>>1424732
This fucking game keeps flip flopping between shit and based.
>>
>>1424259
They're popping up in HATs now with Zinogre, so you don't have to do the story that fast
But good luck
>>
Did they boost WGS rates or am I just wicked lucky?
I've gotten 4 today from part breaks on 8 star monsters
Also feels like they toned down the spawn rates of 9 stars
>>
>>1424815
I've been getting more higher rarity stuff across the board I think, not just the red ones but orange and purple too
>>
>>1424815
I am getting a wgs every 50+ monsters, double part break or more in each case, so no
>>
>>1424703
Swipe down to load blade
>dodges
Swipe up to charge shield
>rolls
Holy fuck. What is happening?
>>
File: 1709870127890467.jpg (78 KB, 750x739)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
I'm at a breaking point of considering buying gems for some storage expansion
>>
>>1425243
You want the same rhythm and timing as when the letters pop up in the video apparently. Seems weirdly unforgiving
>>
File: IMG_20231219_160459_651.jpg (100 KB, 1170x866)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>1425250
You and me both anon, you and me both...
>>
>>1425250
Rathalos and Legiana mats are in the hundreds and I'm holding out for the next couple R2s/R3s needed to blast a couple levels, but things are tight for sure
>>
Have they added Switch Axe yet
>>
>>1425340
no and gunlance is next
>>
>>1424815
I feel like I'm getting a lot more higher rarity stuff too
They might have overdone it because I don't need 500 r4s but I so need 500 r2s
>>
The challenge quest wants me to kill the subspecies but they aren't on the map? Don't tell me I have to kill the huntathon versions.
>>
Definitely feels like they buffed the drops.
>>
>>1425419
Either the HaT versions or you speedrun the story
>>
>>1425419
That's what I did, by the skin of my nuts on the Zinogre -> Pink -> Black -> Azure -> Zinogre HAT (couldn't kill the last Zinogre)
But apparently they're in the season story too
I'm on chapter 8 and it talks about a giant black monster, so I'm assuming it's black blos
>>
File: 1708294690715124.gif (455 KB, 200x190)
455 KB
455 KB GIF
What do we think of the new monsters?

>Odogaron
Dude is always on the attack. I can't find any openings, mainly because he has lunges that always puts him out of position. He melts against an ice Lance at least. Doesn't seem to have a lot of health.
>Tzitzi-Ya-Ku
Harder version of Kulu, only because his attacks have hella range. Can disable his flash attack with a good poke in the face.
>Deviljho
Surprisingly easy with a hammer. Fucker doesn't fit in my home.
>>
>>1425450
They're all pretty fun
Odogaron is kinda like Barioth where an early claw break is important, but instead of tripping a lot it's just a good opening to chunk his health since it's so low
And the claws are the WGS break
It's also nice that tzitzi stun is more fun and less bullshit than in main series since in this it would've been a guaranteed potion
I've only hunted a couple Jho but they melted to my tobi GS; the 150% element weakness is pretty big
>>
>>1425432
>>1424815
I got another 4 today as well
Not complaining, but either they boosted drop rates, I'm really lucky, or there are way more 8's on the map and I've just been killing them more often
>>
Ok so does quick work actually… work? At all? I’m seeing zero change to my charge blade transform time, there’s still a large delay transforming between modes while standing (you can roll and transform faster).
>>
What the fuck
>>
>>1373931
I live in the US and have never seen a single person play this game other then me, Also its to far of a walk to get anywhere, looking up how to spoof now.
>>
5 star Deviljo has kicked my shit in with lance and charge blade.
>>
>>1425477
With how much Zinogre drops my FPS I can only do two of those
>>
I know you Zinoggers are on a high right now cause your stupid dog won the popularity poll, but fuck your stupid dog. Annoying ass fight. Your stupid dog spends more time running away, screaming and wasting time.
>>
>>1425646
Not a problem for long sword users.
Is coral pukei pukei actually in the game yet?
>>
>>1425669
Do people use elemental longsword or just raw/crit? Also no he comes the 25th.
>>
I just smoked a 7 star rathian with a 5.1 zinogre CB
I'm sure it was mostly the thunder attack 5 that carried it, but I'm starting to think it might be pretty good
>>
>>1425856
Are elemental weapons the way to break past the huge recommended 50+ attack difference in 6* monsters?
>>
>>1426364
you mean the weapons that add 450+damage via bonus elemental damage to its original attack against element weak monster, turning them on par with a grade 8.4 or 9 weapon? nah
>>
>>1426424
Are elemental up sets worth making over typical weapon specific armor skills like focus?
>>
>>1426444
Take the elemental pill. I was stubborn for the longest time but all of my fights got easier once I made elemental sets.
>>
>>1426444
eventually you end up making stuff not because it's worth it, but because the constant storage constraints and health bloat force you to
>>
What's everyone's solution to the storage problem? What do you trash?
>>
Is deviljoe's weapon/armor any good? I don't have a dragon elemental set but is it really necessary?
>>
>>1426862
Pants seem very good for heroics
>>
Did anyone notice a strange "double hit" effect sometimes?
Sometimes if I break something the same swing hits another bodypart for free
I don't know if it's just visual or real damage
>>
>>1426747
Use https://mhn.quest/ to find out what items your main weapons needs, then scrap anything not in that or any armor you use
>>
>>1426862
For now, it's not really useful, but if they add any monsters whose only weakness is dragon, then it would be pretty much mandatory
Also, it doesn't need as many materials to upgrade as other weapons do, so it's probably easy to get it up to a usable level pretty quickly
It also doesn't use any WGS which helps
>>
>>1427243
Yes it's been happening to me since the update
I think it actually does damage, but is almost certainly a bug
>>
>>1427258
It does. I've gotten double part breaks with the hammer special that I plan for it now. It's gonna suck having it removed because it's such a sick move now.
>>
File: dd0 (1).png (230 KB, 680x450)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>Finally got 4 Wyvern Gem Shards
>Don't know what to upgrade
In conflicted.
Jagras Garotte 3, would be great against the water based monsters but SNS sucks
Buone Fire 3, I don't know if Poison is worth counting on this late into the game
Anja Striker 3, would be great to reliably kill 8 star Great Jagras without sweating bullets against the clock each time
Malady's Fist 3, never use the fucking thing, I just needed to dump mats on something
Last Dance 3, does a lot of damage but I don't like using the Long Sword. I don't find it fun, but it is usable against multiple monsters.
>>
CB: GP at the end of the slash. I have never got this to work.
Normal guard doesnt trigger offensive guard.
I am starting to feel I made a big mistake making CB gear.
>>
>>1428279
Come suffer with me and use lances, we have guard points too
>>
>>1428209
I put it into Malady's fist because
1/ raw weapons are usable on everything
2/ elemental weapons don't need to break grade 7 to decimate 8 star monsters
3/ I like hammer
more sources of WGS these days anyway so it's not a lifelong commitment
>>
>>1428209
Wait for Pukei head and weapons and upgrade those
>>
>7.5, ice 5 legiana LS can kill 8 stars Odo with ease
uh, i dont need it but its fun
>>
>>1428910
Yeah Odo has fuck all health, he's fun to fight though. I like how if you break his head he plays dead and then hits you but if you break his legs he stays down
>>
Is black diablos the biggest cunt in this game or what
>>
Yes
I'm never going to get this
>>
>>1428910
My 6.2 Legiana Lance decimated him since offensive guard is up pretty much the entire fight.
>>
File: 1546827680440.png (63 KB, 300x303)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>Level 30 on the Season Pass
>Can't claim anything since I'm out of storage space
>>
File: 1701664239907136.gif (825 KB, 297x298)
825 KB
825 KB GIF
>my water weapon is still level 4 because I can't find any jyuratodus
>every other weapon is 6 or 7
>>
>Drops increased
>Hourly resets
>Events that give you a decent amount of zenny
Is Niantic turning this ship around?
>>
>>1430207
Hope so, maybe they got sick of only getting complaints on their tweets. Charge blade is fun enough to make me pick the game back up too
>>
>>1430207
Hopefully they will make huntathons possible for solo players too, fucking hate that I can't get zinogre stuff because there's nobody around me who plays the game
>>
>>1429282
I got it from the story quest but there's no way I'm doing the zinogre. Does anyone know what the final page of quests is?
>>
>>1431472
Kill a 6 star or above Deviljho for 1 WGS
If you can kill a 6 star black blos, then a 6 star Zinogre might not be that impossible
Unless of course there aren't any HATs around you
>>
>>1431478
I've tried and the HP is way too bloated and the fucker moves way too much. Even if I'm perfect I just run out of time. That sucks too because I've killed a 6* deviljho.
>>
>>1432104
What works for me is first dodging his head swipe + shoulder tackle to the right at the start and he'll do the slow charge, which lets you focus on his claw
If you dodge to the left he'll jump far away and quickly charge up
He has to slow charge twice before being fully charged, so you have a decent amount of free time to be able to break the claw by the time or a little after he's charged, causing a knockdown where you can hit the head easily
Also the double front flip is easy to dodge sideways and he always spends a few seconds doing nothing after finishing the both of them
>>
Starting to regret going with Lance for my ice weapon
>>
>>1432419
Ice is probably my best lance set, what are you fighting?
>>
>>1432518
Tzitzi, though it might just be a case of either git gud or underleveled weapon honestly + lag spikes making fine controlling impossible. Not to mention I'm enjoying the burst damage of charge blade's axe mode quite a bit
>>
>>1432525
Tzitzi has a very lance friendly moveset, just need to block+flick down whenever he starts winding up and you'll counter stab him every time. You can block the light flash too, don't even need to counter that one just hold it.
>>
>>1430207
I would be happy if they let us sell excess parts for zenny. I don't even want a lot, just 1 zenny for the lowest rarity would let me feel better than throwing away all my excess kulu.
>>
>>1432525
I got a 6.2 Legiana Lance and I've been doing pretty good with him. He's probably the easiest fight. I'm on Gyro.
The only move you have to be looking out for is his lunge. It's a 2 strike attack. The initial lunge and a tail swipe after he lands.
-If you counter-thrust from nearby, his tail swipe whiffs and you'll counter the first attack safely.
-If you counter-thrust from afar, you'll block the first attack but get hit by the tail swipe afterwards. Just block both attacks, and then do your leaping thrust follow up.
>>1432542
If you're close enough, you can counter hit off the flash too and get even more damage in. You can also stun him out of the flash if you can strike his head fast enough. Takes me too hit.
If you break his head, do 2 straight thrust and then an upward thrust.
>>
>>1432542
>>1432659
Hmm I'll give it another shot, I've beaten the story tzitzi with my 5.1 legi lance before but I guess the more unforgiving damage race with the timer is making me do more mistakes. I wish the timer was like 20-30 seconds longer. Been some time since I've seen legiana to farm upgrade materials with too
>>
>>1432789
Just be aggressive and poke every chance you get. He's hyper aggresive so you get plenty of opportunities to counter thrust him. The fact that you can guard his flash makes the fight a breeze too. Keep hitting his head and you'll melt his HP. Honestly, he's a fun fight with Lance just because he always comes after me, I don't have to chase him.
Unlike those cunts Zinogre or Black Diablos
>>
The reduced spawn rate has severely affected my ability to hunt.
I use to find monsters everywhere. Now I have to go down 2-3 Blockade to hunt ONE.
Why does Niantic want me to NOT play the game. What the fuck is their gameplan here?
>>
File: 1711410783385626.jpg (142 KB, 1012x993)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
This is our future.
Enjoy the skirts and cat ears while you can.
>>
>>1427243
It's over...
><Fixed Issues>
>Secondary damage occurs after Part Break with certain attack actions
>>1436031
Gonna laugh if we get a fat hunter
>>
>>1436097
Shame it was satisfying and rewarded feeling out breaks
>>
>>1436097
I updated the app and still got the double hit on a part break, but maybe it was a fluke
>>
Halloween pumpkin helmet is bugged and gives infinite attack up abuse while you can
>>
>>1436945
hoooly shit
>>
>>1436945
Must be like christmas for spoofers
It's like a mild boon for normal people
>>
>>1430207
Get rid of the sharpclaw/rarity 4 grind and I might actually have fun with this shit.
>>
I have only seen one pukei and he disappeared before I could get to him
>>
New update makes my game run at 60fps now.
>>
>>1437092
Ok I finally found one and I hate fighting him, if monsters from now on are gonna be spastics that fly around in the air for 30 seconds at a time so you never make the timer then I'm probably just gonna drop the game
>>
>>1438641
Lance chads win again
>>
Is it just me or my SnS are missing even at close range now? I missed 2 hits of my full combo on a stationary rathalos head
>>
>>
Grade 8? God Damn
>>
>>1439523
About time
Time for offensive guard + element lance to get goofy
>>
>>1439523
I'm not spending WGS on armor pieces until my weapon is like grade 9
>>
>>1439172
>SnS gutted
>LBG gutted
Who's next? Hammer?
>>
I'm surprised I'm not the only one playing this game (although there were never many of us).
It'd be fun if there were anyone around here to play with. I've literally never group-hunted anything.
Also ALL my upgrades are waiting on Monster Bone+. Can't make any progress until I get some.
>>
It took 6 months to get this
I have a mysterious stranger at work I hunt with almost every day. I have no idea who they are
>>
>Barioth phases out
>Legiana is evergreen
By the way, we're introducing a bunch of new monsters! And they're only weak to ice!
Luckily I've been able to build a couple Legiana weapons and have enough armor pieces to get lv5 Ice Attack, but it's still such a strange decision. It's Niantic of course, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Also Fire LBGs are pretty great now that you can get max Recoil Down, Reload Speed, and Fire Attack. Constant firing and don't even have to care about choosing when to reload since it's so fast.
>>
File: FEfkJSfXwAIH9aQ.jpg (64 KB, 390x708)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>Legiana is ever green
>But only appears in swamps
>In low numbers
>>
>>1441135
kino
>>
>getting filtered by radobaan because my 2018 phone can't handle his phat ass
Can't wait to get a new one soon
>>
>>1443308
Similar situation. Banbaro, Radobaan and Deviljho are too massive for my old gen phone. Why tf is this game so unoptimized even in low graphics. It's rivaling genshin in terms of lag and yet I only have to deal with 1 monster here with barely any projectiles and special effects flying around. PGR is completely playable for me but not this one apparently
>>
I hate this game so much. The spawn rates and drop rates are absolute shit
>>
>>1444277
I've basically stopped playing. Going to uninstall soon. Was fun for a bit but once I needed specific level of specific monsters and specific drops I just don't even care. I'm not even at the gem hunt yet. Plus my inventory overflows before I can use any of it.
>>
Need a cutting weapon for those tail cuts against Pukei, Barroth and whatever for more gem shards.
Don't know if I should just go raw to save on mats and zenny or do elemental. I think raw is probably the better call since I want to put all my elemental mats behind my hammers. Question is, should I do Iron, Kulu, Barroth or Diablos. And what weapon should I invest in. The Sword and Shield is ruled out, that weapon sucks. Charge blade looks fun. I don't understand Dual Blades. GS seems like I'll need a lot of practice to get good.
Decision, decisions.
>>
>>1444618
Charge blade is pretty good, attacks pretty fast with decent damage on sword mode, and axe mode is pretty much a simpler to use great sword.
>>
File: IMG_20230928_002827.png (565 KB, 550x916)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>>1444630
>Check Charge Blades
>No Kulu
>No Barroth
>Just Iron and Diablos
>Iron blows, don't have the mats for Diablos
I guess there is also Girros and Odogoran too. Seems like Odogoran would be the better choice since he's been easy to come by, unlike Diablos.
>>
Have you built any Coral Pukei weapons yet? I was trying to make a ranged water weapon, but the Water Attack armors available don't really allow for a good build yet. They take up the chest, gloves, and pants, so there's not much extra to work with in those slots.
I already have a Jagras SnS, so the next best option is probably the damn Lance. But Lances are so slow that I don't trust hunting within the time limit.
>>
>>1445036
I was going to but I stopped myself from wasting the zenny. Coral is another limited variant. After this spree, it's going to be impossible to farm him. It's just not worth it.
Jagras really carrying the entire Water element on its back.
>>
File: unnamed.png (1.41 MB, 1200x675)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
Deviljho are on the way - get your weapons ready with Thunder Element Quests!

Hunters,

Reports indicate that Tobi-Kadachi, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, and Zinogre are showing up in increasing numbers, could this mean Deviljho are coming? Data suggests an influx of Deviljho - weak to the thunder-element - will make an appearance at the end of the month. Good news: we’ve got a series of quests designed to upgrade your thunder-element weapons and spoiler alert: it involves tasks like slaying Tobi-Kadachi, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, and Zinogre! Completing these quests will reward materials like Zinogre Plates, as well as Wyvern Gem Shards for the more difficult quests. So get ready to steal some Deviljho thunder with these Thunder Element Quests!

Dates and Times (local time):

From Monday, April 15th, 2024, at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, April 21st, 2024, at 11:59 p.m.

Event Details:

These 16 limited-time quests include slaying large monsters like Tobi-Kadachi, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, and Zinogre. Completing these quests will reward you with monster materials like Wyvern Gem Shards and Zinogre Plates.

Quest rewards:
>Gatherable materials (Monster Bone+ and more)
>Monster materials (Wyvern Gem Shards, Zinogre Plates, Thunderbugs, and more)
>Zenny
>Season Tier Points

Receive 50%* more rewards when you slay Tobi-Kadachi, Tzitzi-Ya-Ku, and Zinogre during the event period. The amount of materials in the first and second slots of basic rewards will be doubled.
During the event period, you can find increased numbers of Tobi-Kadachi in forest habitats and Tzitzi-Ya-Ku in swamp habitats, as well as guaranteed appearances of Zinogre at Hunt-a-thon Points.
>>
>>1445654
I can't wait to never hunt a Zinogre yay
>>
File: 5Ac4ohK6zttRFY9TsYhKhG.jpg (304 KB, 1920x1080)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>Started the new story in 8 stars
>Downgraded to 7 stars
>Completed the story
>Back at 8
>Get the option to downgrade again back to 7 star Quests
>>
>>1446065
Best update so far i finally have an infinite carrot on a stick
>>
>>1446Do it if you care about completing the seasonal rewards
>>
>We will experimentally implement measures to enhance the matchmaking of Hunt-a-thons, in regions in Japan such as Kyushu, Shikoku, and Chugoku (excluding certain areas.)
>From the first to the fifth monster in the Hunt-a-thons, each lobby will be matched with a lobby at a distant Hunt-a-thon point.
>For those affected by the measures, the lobby for the Hunt-a-thon will display “Expanding recruitment range.”
>Please note that the implementation details and targeted regions are subject to change.
That's actually a reasonable solution.
My "monetization" solution would bet to get rid of the ticket system and sell SOS flares instead. You get 1 SOS flare a day.
>>
Started playing yesterday, post your referral code so i can add it
>>
>>1447625
69RTTVCK
>>
>>1446065
Nice source of 8 stars without having to unlock 9 stars
>>
>>1443308 (me)
>randomly click on the urgent quest and immediately exit
>notice pops up telling me I can reduce the difficulty
>finally beat it
T-thanks game
>>
>we raised the hunter rank cap higher
ok but like...its absolutely worthless?
>>
>>1448179
>reach 300 HR
>Get 2 paintballs and 1 potion
>>
https://twitter.com/MH_Now_EN/status/1778985319578108164
>hey guys are you using sle-
>ain't nobody got time for that
>>
>>1436945
>Halloween pumpkin helmet is bugged
elaborate? how do I take advantage of this attack boost? simply equip the pumpkin helmet for more attack?
>>
>>1448505
Bro it's been half a month it's over
>>
what can niantic possibly do to save this game outside of japan
>>
>>1448540
The huntaton change seems nice
>>
>>1448540
they already saved it by adding the layered armor grind
>>
>>1448505
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlZ7gI7tc8
It was fixed after a day
>>
>>1445788
It's completely useless anyways since Zinogre Plates are unique species-specific Rarity 6 materials that replace Wyvern Gem Shards. It's actually asinine.
Imagine:
>1. Requiring an active group strong enough to complete 8* Hunt-a-thons
>2. Having to locate those Hunt-a-thon points IN PERSON, with your entire party
>3. Having to plow through the 5-monster chains just to finally hunt the Zinogre at the end
>4. Having the shit chance to roll a Rarity 6 material even when you do kill it
>5. Doing this multiple times on a 3-hour lockout between hunts
>>
>>1448584
The amount of grinding is obscene in this game (I love it) but it completely clashes with the multiplayer focus of hunt-a-thons. They should just increase the hunt timer in hunt-a-thons to like 3 minutes, then people who aren't bad can just solo it without need to kill 500 legiana for their grade 10 ice weapon just so they can upgrade their zinogre gear to grade 8+
>>
>>1448540
>long distance multiplayer
>90 second hunt times
>fat-lards-anonymous charity support
>>
>>1448540
remove the timer since most people have to play solo. I can beat any of these monsters. I cannot beat a 90 second DPS check because absolutely none of the grade 5 or above drops will ever I mean EVER fucking drop. yes I am the one who has been complaining about shit drop rate since day one.
>>
>>1448682
fuck off normie go player candy crush or something
>>
>>1448682
Yeah but there is a pass that just gives you the WGS now
>>
>>1448718
While Guthix Sleeps
>>
>>1448540
Traps/Bait for specific monsters that your palico WILL tag.
For example: A Jryados trap req to be set in a swap environment. Has 1 hr timer and your pal will tag it when timer ends.
Higher quality baits reduce the star spread.
Baits are shop items, get one random one a day and can be crafted from 1-3 rarity 1 items.
Also increase monsters drop to 5 and have higher level monsters have better drop rates on higher quality materials.
HAT also scale depending on amount of participants so solo is no additional scaling.
>>
>>1448682
I have more than enough Rarity 5 pieces, but WGS are shared for all other equipment and required in greater quantities, making them much more valuable.
And rather than increase the timer, they could just make it so that you have to track the weakened monster to another random nearby location. You know, actually make use of the GPS aspect of the game.
>>
>>1448812
>get one random one a day
lmao
>and can be crafted
LMAO
>Also increase monsters drop to 5
LMAO
>have higher level monsters have better drop rates on higher quality materials
LMAOOOO
none of these things will happen without a full on paywall
>>
>>1448718
>>1448831
I don't even know what WGS is
>>1448685
I can't believe I'm even giving you a (You) I have 500 hours in nearly each mainline title. I'm not playing this fucking niantic shit because I want to I'm playing it because we still have no news on Wilds. 12/10 bait you got an autismo to reply to you. Hope your happy.
>>
>>1448540
Real multiplayer, why the fuck cant I play this always online game, made to play with other people, WITH OTHER PEOPLE?!
>>
File: BFF.jpg (650 KB, 902x1247)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
>>1448987
They want you to play it with people nearby, usually strangers because their autistic events want random people to gather and party up
Except these morons gives you zero tools to make that a possibility. You can't see of there are actually other players nearby unless you go into the hunt screen. There are no out of game notifications to alert you of active nearby hunts or nearby players. You can't communicate with other players unless you have them friended already, but you can't friend anyone unless they give you their QR code.
I've been hunting with this dude for half a year now. I have no idea who they are. Obviously there's sine "stalker" behavior concerns, but still, for a social game, they have zero social tools. Can't even send this guy a Guild Sweetheart Heart emoji after the hunt.
>>
>>1449334
I have never seen a single other person play this game. I dont even know what Multiplayer looks like in this game. Just give us real online, not everyone lives in japan or china with thousands of people within a block of you all playing on there phone's 24/7. I'm sure most of us outside japan/china CANT play with strangers nearby, cus there ARE NONE
>>
I live in a small village, so I can't do hunt-a-thons lol
I've been at 6-stars since late October.
>>
>>1449612
They don't help that much
>>
>have enough to make deviljho weapons
>tobi bow for raths and jho
>legi lance for blos, azure, and radobaan
>Rath charge axe for banbaro
>no armor pieces I really want yet
Guess I could make dual blades so I have atleast one grade 5 DB but the dragon weak monsters all seem terrible for that weapon
>>
I wish they'd remove or lower the "gather 10 times" quests this shit pads out my completion rate so goddamn much it's unreal

>>1450067
I'd hold off until they release something only weak to dragon. So far everything weak to dragon can be dealt with just fine with your other elements/weapons
>>
this thunder mon event sucks ass i dont want tzitzi and tobi (both worthless) taking up slots that could be legiana in the swamp and hunt a thon lineups are awful too
>>
File: image0.jpg (246 KB, 1290x2796)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>1450237
just kidding i love this event i got 12 gems in the last 3 hours
>>
>>1448718
You make it sound like the pass immediately gives you the WGS
>>
The desire sensor refuses to give me flowferns.
>>
>>1450279
It's a definite source of them in a game that used to not give you any
>>
Is there really only one Tzitzi-Ya-Ku weapon? And it fucking sucks?
>>
>>1450876
DB and longsword and yes they both suck dick but they're easy to make with how abundant and easy Tzitzi is so I made the DB ones for when I feel like using DB sometime
>>
File: IMG_1072.jpg (169 KB, 936x533)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
What the fuck is happening to my game
>>
I use Anja LBG, Tobi Bow, Jagras SnS, Legi Bow, and for whatever reason, I built up the Fortune Dragon Fans (DB).

Really hoping to replace the Jagras SnS. Was hoping to do it with the Coral Pukei, but I wasn't able to farm up enough to get to grade 8. I had been throwing away Jyura parts, but maybe I should settle for Jyura LS as a main water weapon, though the elemental availability for a lot of weapons is ass.

Fire LBG can be maxed out now, so I thought about switching to Rathalos or even Azure Rathalos LBG, but it feels like the Anja LBG ammo set is just better since it's effective at all ranges.
>>
I've hit a wall, 7 star blos is just spending too much time running around hands having annoying animations, so I can't kill it. Started to build a ice hammer, but missing some tails, and Barioth don't spawn anymore. But, I finally get my fourth non-drop wyvern drop tomorrow. But which hammer should I upgrade it? I just made a barrot with some leftover scraps ages ago, and I just kept using it
>>
>>1451295
Diablos is mostly annoying because the weapon ranges generally don't get you close enough for the guys with huge hitboxes. The other part is that yes, the charges are really annoying to just get back into range.
I did it with Legi SnS before I built a ranged weapon, but if you want a hammer, I'd probably go for the Pukei one. Poison is decent damage as long as you can apply it and the raw weapon strength isn't far off from Barroth's.
>>
Is it just me or did they make it easier for lance to do their "I'm too far away so tapping attack gets me closer and does a special attack animation" move?
>>
>>1451245
>replace SnS with easily accessible materials with one of a very rare monster with HP inflated so hard its HP is equivalent to one tier higher
why
>>
>>1451652
Yeah they made balance changes last latch. If Lance is too far, it'll do the slide like everyone else. If it's just out of range it'll do a lunge attack. The triple stab combo was buffed so that the second and third hit now do more damage.
The lunge one seems more like a nerf than a buff to me. You could space put Radoban's sleep attack and stab the legs safely. Now you rush in every time.
>>
>>1451759
Huh, no wonder tzitzi felt easier to keep up with than usual. This game always improves QoL on the strangest things
>>
>>1451744
I wasn't going to make a Coral SnS, because it's actually ass for fighting Tobi due to the hitboxes. But Coral weapons are just stronger by default since they're a couple tiers above all other existing water weapons. And since I'm only ever planning on fighting tier 8 monsters at the max, if I can get a weapon up to a certain point, as long as I could easily kill Anja, Tobi, and Girros in that tier, then it should have been fine.
>>
>Team up with a rando stranger to take out a 3 star Deviljho
>>
File: p186022_b_v13_bg.jpg (1017 KB, 2160x2880)
1017 KB
1017 KB JPG
>>1451949
Shit, meant to say 3 purple star.
Ya'll know what I meant.
>>
>>1451800
SnS is really good against Tobi though
>>
>>1452241
The auto-positioning is awful and SnS's normal combo doesn't hit high enough to hit Tobi's tail all the time. A lot of times you'll be behind Tobi, but you won't slide any closer because you're technically in range for when its tail is down, but half the time it's up in the air.
Also I still can't currently kill an 8* Anjanath, but I'd rather spend WGS on other weapons. I even fail 8* Kulu sometiimes depending on how long it holds onto its fucking rock.
>>
>>1452275
I'll record my next 8* Tobi kill for you. Yes the hitbox is a bit wonky sometimes but it doesn't ruin the kill in the slightest
>>
>>1452275
>>1452280
Also
>struggling with Anjanath/Kulu
What grade/level is your Jagras SnS? Are you using Water Atttack 5?
>>
>>1452284
NTA but mine is 8.3. I have Water 5. I struggle to kill 8 Star Toby, Kulu and Anjanath with it. I actually do as good, if not better with my Water Basher, which is only 6.4. I can always guarantee the kill with those and part breaks, but obviously it can't cut tails.
My complaints are similar, the Jagras sword just whiffs all the time. Thinking about dropping it and just focusing on Jagras GS. I wish there was a Jagras CB.
>>
>>1452293
There is a Jagras CB though? Using it right now even
>>
Multiplayer HATS and 1K extra zenni on Daily rewards is live. This update is awesome!
>>
>>1452421
No it's not. Fucking bullshit casual update. You know how hard I've been grinding legianas to get my ice sns high enough to solo 8* Zinogre? I'm halfway through that grind and this dumb update made it all pointless.
>>
>>1452425
Apparently not hard enough you slacker. Just solo that shit and quit being a fucking baby. you're not forced to hunt in the group.
>>
>>1452474
There's no point to hunting it in a group now. In fact you get more pass points hunting in a group.
>>
>>1452480
You've always received more pass points when group hunting. If you were soloing it before, you might as well continue soloing it. Nothing has changed in that regard other than your gapping asshole.
>>
>>1452551
>Nothing has changed
You're dumb
>>
In a FUTURE update there will be "group rewards" that you can use special carving knives on.
>>
>>1452557
Press the button retard
>>
>>1452284
Mine is 7.5, and yes Water Attack 5.
Suprised Coral Pukei didn't drop any additional Water Attack armor, because the only 4 pieces we even have already overlap the glove slots, leaving the remaining 3 pieces practically mandatory.
>>
>>1451341
I have a bunch of grade 7.5 SnS, as that was my first main weapon, but Legiana never drops Primescales or claws. I have 6 plates, but only 9 (of 12) pscales. I'll check out the poison hammer.
I've mostly spent this patch grinding Banbaro glam, and I noticed that had slightly higher base damage than Barroth, I just need to grind for even more claws
>>
>>1452312
Oh shit. How did i miss it.
Would you recommend it over putting more resources on a Great Sword? I specifically need it for tail cutting Anjanath.
>>
>>1452663
CB is miles more agile than GS and I break parts pretty often using the AED slash, so I'd say go for it unless you're particularly attached to the GS or don't like how CB plays. As a side, unless they changed something cutting tails doesn't give you a higher chance to get them I think, just another reward slot
>>
File: 1695884904497944.jpg (31 KB, 345x525)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Are there any half-way consensus on top and worst weapons type now? I know SnS was considered really strong, then after a patch and two, they were bad
>>
>>1452756
I think LS is supposed to be the best, with ranged competing. Lance is probably the worst considering they just had to buff it.
So few people play this game that honestly it's a little hard to get that type of info. Not to mention it takes so much to build up a weapon in the first place, so you're not really able to experiment all that freely.
>>
alright bois just tried out the matchmaking and shit this makes the game more tolerable. Might play the game again
>>
>>1452756
CB has to be one of the top ones considering how comfy it is. Great reach, GS tier damage, vial mechanic isn't difficult to do, shield for emergencies, decent mobility; only thing that's underwhelming would be sword mode's just evade attack and SAED leaving you open for a bit too long
>>
>>1452275
>>1452293
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xar5SNsrZBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOZ0eI8KGs
Here's two kills without using my special.

It's important to manipulate the AI a little. The roll I do towards Tobi at the start after his jumping bite > reposition ensures that I'm behind his rear half, which will ensure he will do a tail attack instead of another jumping bite.

In my first video I flinch him right before he roars, if your damage isn't high enough for the same to happen, ideally this is where you use your special attack, but if you don't have it available, just block the roar and do the advancing jumping slash, but don't do the aerial attacks, as you'll get hit by the next attack which will always be the flying tail slam, which is a very big charged backhop + falling shieldbash opening. After that shieldbash, I again do another reposition roll towards his tail, which ensures Tobi does the lateral tail whip into another tailslam.

You should put in some practice to get the timing down for a perfect evade backhop on the tailslams.

Also, I don't know how the AI behaves when Tobi gets to charged up state, but all I know is he doesn't do the little pauses to charge (e.g. after the flying tail slam).

Equipment
-8.4 Jagras SnS
-8.1 Coral Pukei Hat
-3.4 Jyuratodus Body
-6.2 Jyuratodus Arms
-6.1 Pink Rathian Waist
-6.2 Jagras Legs
-Water Attack 5, Health Boost 2, Crit Eye 2, Weakness Exploit 2, Lock On
Crit Eye and WEX are optional, what you absolutely need is Water Attack 5 though
>>
>>
>>1453155
Huh. I don't have nearly the same FOV on my phone. When I'm on Tobi's tail, it's like I'm up its asshole.
>>
>>1453347
Kek you can zoom out with a pinching motion
>>
>>1453350
Doesn't seem to work for me. But it turns out the real difference is actually me using gyro aim. For whatever reason it pulls in really fucking close when you're using gyro. Like close enough to where it fits your character to the maximum width of your screen.
I like perpendicular backhops, but maybe I should just use the lock-on for melee weapons.
>>
>>1453359
Oh yeah I forgot that was a thing. I only use gyro for ranged
>>
Everytime I think it's time I should upgrade my armor sets beyond 6.1, the game tosses me the necessary material to upgrade multiple weapons and drive me to poverty.
I've gotten so use to just not getting hit, and if I do get hit, take the L and wait the 30 minutes.
>>
>>1453651
The damage easily outpaces how fast you can actually upgrade your armor anyways. Unless you're just drowning in extra parts AND Wyvern Gem Shards, most armor skills are fully unlocked by Rank 6, which is the only thing that actually matters.
>>
so is the game good or better now? can i hunt online?
>>
>>1453724
Yeah, but only in HaTs.
They should really expand this into the paintball system. Then paintballs would actually be worth something.
>>
>live in bumfuck nowhere
>find purple 3 star huntathon
>am hr50s, so way above what I can hunt solo
>party fills up in 5 seconds with a hr150 and a hr180
>first few monsters die before I even load them
Been a while since I've been so unabashedly carried that hard
>>
File: 1713581348484276[1].png (193 KB, 467x585)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
So boys how do we feel about picrel coming to MHN sooner than later?
>>
>>1453884
Probably won't happen. It isn't worth the money and effort to propagandize to such a small (and mostly japanese) audience.
>>
>>1453911
Because that has stopped how many small shitty companies from going bankrupt?
>>
>>1453832
Same thing happened to me the other day. On one hand, obliterating a Zinorgre without having to lift a finger is great. On the other hand, I feel like this is going to lead to the devs lowering the drop rates for rare materials again because they need to over-correct how easy HATs are.
>>
Better be the right God damn image this time
>>
>>1454093
>Layered armor is introduced and this is what people choose to wear
Choose to hunt in style.
>>
>>1454096
What's wrong with my drip?
>>
>>1454100
Was thinking more the other guys.
Haven't tried to see what I could make of the female armors yet. Wish they would let you save a male and female appearance preset, because it always randomizes the other if you pick one.
>>
>>1454115
Yeah the amount of people I see wearing the leather jacket and shirts is pretty depressing. All those options and they choose no spice.
>>
I spent most of this patch grinding for this "mixed" set
>>
I am pretty sure the hunt a tons are pulling people from other countries or something
>>
>>1454259
It definitely just connects to a global server for whoever is fighting whatever you're fighting, because there's still absolutely nobody around here that play huntathons at the same time, and nobody's usually around to hunt just regular monsters.
>>
>the amount of rangedtrannies in huntathons
fuck off shitters i need bladies to cut the tail with
>>
>>1394852
>>1395582
>>1397530
Same experience. You should go to 9*. 9* barely spawn on the map and the amount of extra 8*s you get is huge, and since there's a lot less 5*s your zenny income takes a nice boost too
>>
Sure love HR20-50 subhumans trying to leech off of 9 star zinogre. I will simply not hit the monster and watch you die over and over again
>>
File: 1546108379149.png (177 KB, 950x596)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>1454582
I had a 200 HR fucker AFK on a 10 star.
>>
What's the best Deviljho weapon to use?
FINALLY got some Deviljho talons.
>>
What the fuck is going on at Niantic? Why are they making a good game? This is the exact opposite experience I've had with them with Pokémon GO.
>>
>>1454770
probably just Capcom adjusting their leash
>>
anyone else just randomly getting join hunt prompts or getting hunters just joining your hunts? Even had a couple full squads of 4 too. Not HATs, actual field monsters. I swear it's happened to me at least 5 times just today. Hell, I'm even looking around for where they even are and can't see anyone. My guess is that I got lucky with some spoofer(s) or nianitc extended the range and I'm getting players who are just at home while I'm outside their houses on the sidewalk.
>>
>>1454745
probably whatever will let you stack as much dragon atk boost equipment as you can while also letting you use whatever's great for the weapon you are using with the remaining equipment slots.
>>
>>1454770
all it needs now is a way to make potions and the game is actually good.
>>
>>1454745
>>1454789
There are currently enough armor pieces to get Dragon Attack to 5, with the Deviljho waist getting up to 2 points when upgraded to rank 6. Problem is most pieces don't give you very useful secondary abilities, except for Pink Rathian chest getting 1 Dragon Attack/1 Focus. The Deviljho weapons actually get pretty decent weapon-relevant skills on the weapon, but it's difficult to actually have enough parts for a weapon AND armor at this point.
Personally I just upgraded the Fortune Fans because I thought it was a little goofy, wanted to try out some DBs, and I had plenty of Pink Rathian parts. Given the parts we have now, I'd avoid Hammer, GS, Bow, and LBG since those need more Focus or other skills to work well.
>>
>>1454802
Damn, I don't have enough for more than 2 pieces of gear, and no Pink Rath stuff...
>>
File: 1713559280671209m.jpg (61 KB, 1024x775)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>Best updates we've had in months
>Niantic Community Forum full of HR 200 people complaining that they're getting matched up with double digit rank players
>Everyone calling them Parasites. Some enjoy leaving the hunt mid fight to make the Low Ranks suffer
>>
>>1454920
Kek, doubly ironic since getting high HR players to help out low HR players is probably one of Niantic's main goals since the beginning too
>>
>>1454920
It's fine if you're doing 5-6* (and select 7*) hunt-a-thons since you can solo those with rank 8 weapons, but past that, you really do need people capable of fighting and not just leeches. Seems like it would be easy to introduce campaign progression difficulty limits for non-partied members.
>>
>>1454745
I suggest you abstain from making a Jho weapon until they release a monster that's only weak to dragon, and then you figure out what weapon seems to work best against that and craft that Jho weapon. It's not particularly stronger than other elemental weapons.

>>1454770
>>1454776
Capcom does have a producer co-leading the the whole MHN project: Genki Sunano, also the ex-producer of Monster Hunter Frontier. The Niantic director is also Japanese, so naturally it's gonna be less retarded than if it were American devs.

>>1454920
It's hard as is to kill a 9* Zinogre with 4 high levels. An HR50 with a garbage raw weapon joining an 8* Zin is all good, but 9* and 10* have way too much HP for undergeared players to leech off of. Definitely need a votekick option. The fuck does an HR50 need Zinogre plates for? Their highest weapon is probably grade 6
>>
>>1455001
In fairness to the newcomers, it is a double drop event right now. I agree that they shouldn't be joining any 8* or above lobbies, and they should definitely not even have access to them, but right now they don't have a choice. They get what they get. I'm by no means a low rank. I'm HR 142, but my ice weapon grade has hit a wall at grade 6. I'm not about to pass up on this event to build up my thunder collection and zenny generating opportunity either. If I see a 10* Zino HaT, I'm going to join it. No seething 200 HR with 9+ grade set is gonna stop me.
>>
>>1455012
At least use a poison weapon then because poison does % damage
>>
>>1455013
My Pukei Hammer is Grade 8 so that's what I bring. Obviously I want the hunt to succeed so I try not to sandbag. I was working on a paralysis build with the extra Tzu drops I'm getting, but some youtuber uploaded a video calling it meta. Being a contrarian, I dropped the idea.
>>
>>1455037
based but also don't use para because zinogre is highly resistant to it and only remains paralyzed for like 1 second
>>
Monster Tracking soon!
I will finally be able to upgrade Jyados gear!
>>
>>1455197
Yeah that's a hell of a cool update.
I was hoping they would do a mechanic where you could craft bait with discarded materials to give to your palico for tagging, but this is a much better idea. Your palico doesn't waste your free paint balls for the day, you get zenny, and you fight your monster.
These updates have all been positive so far. I'm hopeful for the future ones now. Did anyone play their other games aside from Pokémon GO? I imagine they weren't good, but I'm curious how they updated those.
>>
>>1454588
might be a connection issue. I'vve already experienced it a couple of times where my character and the monster just stops moving while the timer does. Like I really cant' move even if I try to swipe, I can change the camera but that's about it. Redoing the hunt usuallly fixes
>>
Just got my first remote huntathon.
holy fuck those are so much easier with people.
i went from using 2-3 meds 1 from guarding chip damage 2 from zinogre because I don't have a good way to practice the fight and get its patterns down i'v only fought it maybe 9 times total, to just completely melting the monsters, 0 meds, i think i took 30 damage the whole HAT. And that's with a HR13 showing up for the pink rath final boss.

>>1454945
yeah, just something like "if you can't fight X star monsters in the overworld, you also can't fight them in huntathons"

that said, if the newbies would come in with support builds like full tzitzi poison instead of a fucking barroth sns and a clownsuit, they'd be pulling their weight a little better.
>>
>>1454791
learn2dodge/perfectguard
>>
>>1454096
I want to show the other hunters what role I'm taking in the fight.

"Hey, I'm a Heroics elemental damage dealer" has a very different expectation than "hey I'm sneak attack paralysis spam" and can be helped by other hunters in very different ways.

>>1453359
it's because if you're using gyro aim it assumes you're wanting to target very specific things, so it zooms in.
what weapon are you using? if it's lance, then you're 100% valid for using gyro in melee, you need all the skill slots you can for guard to still fit in the obligatory damage boosts.

if it's like, SNS or Hammer, then yeah, lock on+burst from rathian arms is probably the way to go.
>>
File: 1628464625121.png (16 KB, 422x494)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
I use gyro for Hammer. The ability to avoid the initial hit of a level 3 charge attack is invaluable for final hit part breaks. I've gotten so many last minute part breaks this way. Having that slot back for other skills is also great. Sorry lockies, I need that extra point for Slugger 3
>>
>>1452756
Guarding is no longer good unless you're god-tier at timing, even with guard+X. and if you're that god-tier, you should be playing LS because its counter does more damage. So SNS is basically a dual blades with no demon mode that can't dodge during all attacks, where one of its swords is a miniature hammer, but access to statuses. And lance is... honestly I've never understood what the draw for lance, but i know having a good shield is most of it, so shielding being bad means its bad.

Speaking of high skill ceilings, charge blade. In the hands of a master, it's an incredibly flexible toolbox. But it also has a low skill floor, because you can just build up phials spamming doubleslash and spam locked on AEDs to the head, and completely forget every other button combo and still get relatively good results, which is basically what I do with it in mainline tbqh.

Like Dual Blades, LBG also has no status weapons, which after status sneak attack have actually become quite viable. LBG is also like lance where it needs a lot of skill points to make it viable, though that does mean an upside of using the same reload/recoil armor regardless of what element you're targeting. And you're frequently locked into motions where you can't dodge, that aren't even attacks. Bow only has poison, but is probably the king of poison due to spread, as well as best suited to benefit from DoT because of all its time spent charging and losing charges to dodging, so it's fine.

GS and hammer also have the bow dodging loses charge issue. Hammer at least can walk reposition while charging using lock on, GS has to fully predict or just whiff. That said, greatsword, hammer, bow, and lbg build special meter very quickly.
>>
>Guarding is no longer good unless you're god-tier at timing
Is there a more midwit take
>>
>>1455291
well, actually if you're truly godtier, Diablos/B.Diablos heroics/resentment GS is probably the way. start with 30 health, tackle to drop below threshold, melt face with a ludicrous +65% attack at the start and +60% from offensive guard tackles the rest of the fight, wait 2-3 minutes between fights for natural recovery, rinse repeat. Not a great strat for HAT's though. And incredibly risky, no room for error. But indisputably the best.
>>
Wondering what everyone's progressions/sets are so far:

I'm HR 142
Highest weapons are Tobi Bow (8.5), Anja LBG (8.2), Fortune Fans DB (7.5), Jagras SnS (7.5), and Legiana Bow (7.4). I also have a Barroth Hammer (7.3), but I mostly just use that to charge my special on small monsters between hunts.
>>
>>1455318

HR 132
I have multiple sets. Here are my favorites.

Fire
8.2 -Anjanath Striker 3
6.1 - Anja Helm 2
5.2 - Diablos Mail 1
6.1 - Anja Vambraces 3
6.1 - Rathalos Coil 2
6.1 - Diablos Greaves 2

Ice
7.2 - Legiana Halberd 2
6.1 - Legiana Helm 2
6.1 - Barroth Mail 6
6.1 - Barrioth Vambraces 3
5.1 - Legiana Coil 1
5.5 - Baan Greaves 4

Lightning
7.5 - Lightning Bash 2
6.1 - Tzitzi Headgear 5
6.1 - Kadachi Mail 5
6.1 - Kulu Vambraces 6
6.1 - Kadachi Coil 5
6.1 - Kulu Greaves 6

Water
8.3 - Jagras Garote 3
5.1 - Kulu Headpiece 5
5.2 - Jyura Mail 3
6.1 - Jyura Vambraces 4
6.1 - Rath Heart Coil 2
6.1 - Jagras Greaves 6

Meme
4.1 - Bone Bludgeon 2
4.1 - Lumu Hat 2
4.1 - Banbaro Mail 2
5.1 - Lumu Vambraces 3
6.1 - Rathalos Coil 2
4.1 - Odogaron Greaves 1

Top 5 Weapons by usage
2858 - Hammer
915 - SnS
664 - Lance
367 - Light Bowgun
268 - Longsword

Top 3 Monsters
745 - Kulu Yaku
659 - Pukei Pukei
658 - Great Jagras

Total Monsters Killed - 5519
>>
>>1455250
nah, too hard. I'll just run divine blessing lvl 5
>>
Now what
>>
>>1455615
Eat the WGS live on camera
>>
So the new update seemed to add something about better huth a thons... are they TRUE multiplayer now? like can I play with people from all over my state in the US? if they just up'ed the range from like, 300 feet to 500 or some dumb shit its not going to change the fact I have no one to play with
>>
>>1455650
I can assure you I have like maybe less than 10 players in a several kilometer radius and huntathon parties can still be full in less than 10 seconds
>>
>>1455657
so its REAL online match making?! great, Now I can play
>>
https://twitter.com/MH_Now_EN/status/1782575119887479271
>>
today I hunted a zinogre with Stan Lee and a faggot
>>
>>1455661
Yes. They're going to expand the range even further today, along with adding a bonus reward slot for multiplayer.
Seems like Capcom is slapping Niantic around.
>>
File: 1702065302696987.jpg (21 KB, 827x115)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
lol
>>
Summary of update:

5/10/20/50/100/500 zenny for dumping mats of rarity 1 through 6

You get 5 tracks a day, after 3, 6, 9, 12, then 20 monsters hunted, so 5 tracks for 50 monsters total. After that your palico is tired and you have to wait until the next day. You can track all monsters except Jho, Zinogre, subspecies, and out of season monsters (e.g. Barioth)

The bonus reward in multi hunts seems to roll any item slot
>>1455741
i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering i hate casual pandering

Actually that's worse than just casual pandering because these casuals that are being protected by this are straight up griefing higher difficulty Zinogre hunts
>>
>>1455741
All they needed to do was lock them out of 8+ star HaTs if they didn't meet the weapon requirements. I really didn't mind helping them out at 7 star because I know I can still carry them to victory, but by 8, I need actual damage contribution.
>>
>Finally got what I wanted
>Don't know what to hunt now
Fuck
>>
>>1455741
kek, this is literally the worst solution

>>1455811
That's actually a decent amount of zenny. I was expecting 1/2/5/10, but it's not exactly like I'm short on zenny even after upgrading a bunch of random junk. Guess it matters more for upgrading ranks 9+, but I've always been more constrained on materials than money.
>>
>>1456033
either hunt to upgrade weapons, hunt to upgrade armor for skills, or hunt to upgrade armor for layered armor (fashion)
>>
I've hit my deviljho "rank up to 7 star" quest. I know if I go ahead and beat it, higher quality monsters will spawn across the board, but I'm almost certainly going to have my ass handed to me by 7 star monsters, because right now I'm in partially complete grade 5 gear. 6 stars have to be run nigh-perfectly or they costs at least 1 med each, and rising tide is definitely doing some heavy lifting in terms of killing them under time limit. So I'll also be locking myself out of some fights on the map or that I might paintball. I'm also not a "go to a park and stay there all day" kind and of plater, most of my progress comes from sharing blue paintball with my roommate or the dance studio next door to work being a gather /HAT spot.
Part of why my gear is low is because I'm starving on small bones and iron. I have multiple pieces I could rank up right now if I had about 300 or so, instead I'm regularly having to toss lvl1 monster parts for box space, because even though I'll eventually need them, I can't use them until I get more gather dross.

Do I go ahead and rank up? Does ranking up increase your material gathering at all or just monster parts I don't need right now?
>>
>>1456033
Tzitzis. They're low level so probably going to lure faster, but their status buffing armor is meta as fuck.
>>
>>1455741
All they had to do was say "if you can't fight X stars in story yet, you can't join in HAT of those stars."
You want to fight 8 star HAT? Unlock 8 star monsters.
>>
File: 1704247694458034.jpg (290 KB, 700x1000)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
Any thoughts on my set? I just made it as I went for the most part
Crit 5
Burst 2
Critical Boost 2
Lock on 1
Bleeding resistance 1
Evasive Concentration 1 soon

With a kulu weapon I get 60% crit and 35% more crit damage
>>
>>1456160
Ranking up increases your odds but not by much and since you'd be a rank away from the next important material anyway I wouldn't worry too much about it
>>
Wow this update seems really good
Has MHNow been engoodened?
>>
>>1456169
1. swap to coral pukei helm and blue rath arms when you can afford it. WEX is better than crit eye, and the bleed resist is useless.

2. not 35% MORE crit. Just 35% crit. It's 10% more: base 25% +5% for each level of crit boost.

So to figure out exactly, 60% crit x 35% = 21% extra damage from critting. BUT only 60% * 10% = 6% of that is from crit boost.
>>
>>1456178
I still have suggestions for them, but it's definitely been improved significantly.
>>
>>1456160
As long as you can comfortably kill most 6* monsters, then you should rank up, since you're going to need those rarity 5 pieces to continue progression. But if you're still struggling with some of the lower end monsters, then you can always hang back.

>>1456169
Raw damage is less useful later on, as you'll really need elemental damage and maxed elemental armor to do any good. Crit isn't super great either since it's at base a 20% increase on crit, with CB2 only making it 35%.
If you want to forego making a weapon for every element, then you can build a poison weapon instead, which should be able to clear rank 7 monsters at least. But ultimately you do want a weapon of each element.
>>
>>1456162
That defeats the point of HaTs though. You're suppose to unite to fight stronger monsters as a group.
They just need either a grade or damage check. If you don't meet a certain threshold, you can't join.
>>
>>1456185
you're forgetting burst 2. kind of complicates the math
>>
>>1456189
a 5 star HAT monster IS stronger than a 5 star map monster anon.
>>
If they add a guild card section in the shop, it's fucking over for me. I'm gonna whale hard.
>>
>>1456189
If it's a gear check, then people who stop upgrading armor at 6 because you get oneshot anyways get fucked, despite being able to pull their weight. Not to mention an elemental weapon hits about 2 grades higher if the monster is weak.

if you do a damage check, people using status weapons, and if it's anything like the old damage recommendations, even people using elemental damages, get fucked despite being able to pull their weight.

You know what the #1 guaranteed measure of being able to pull your weight is? Story progression. If you aren't regularly fighting 8 star monsters because you can't unlock them, you're getting walled by 7 star black diablos or deviljho, then you have no business fighting 8 stars in huntathons either.
Meanwhile, if you do have access to 8 stars via story because your skill level is carrying your lackluster gear, then more power to you, you're still going to be kicking ass and taking names in huntathons too.
>>
>>1456210
>You know what the #1 guaranteed measure of being able to pull your weight is? Story progression. If you aren't regularly fighting 8 star monsters because you can't unlock them, you're getting walled by 7 star black diablos or deviljho, then you have no business fighting 8 stars in huntathons either.
A useless check since the introduction of story downgrade. Not to mention how many of us intentionally avoid progressing to maintain our current spawns. Your comparison about getting walled is pointless. Those walls are strictly from solo play. A HaT is about uniting against a stronger foe.
I agree that a 20 HR player has no business fighting a 9 Star Zinogre, but your hard lock story suggestion goes against the spirit of the mechanic. Especially when I've already seen it in action multiple times where I and others within 7 and 8 star range manage to take down a 10 star just by playing smart with part breaks and special usage. A team of capable 8 star hunters are now hard locked out of 10 star hunts for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>1456223
Past 5*, the ability to hunt +1* in hunt-a-thons seems more than a fair limit to what you're able to hunt since scaling is exponential. Hunt-a-thon monsters are already scaled up over their field counterparts, so yes it does make sense for slightly under-powered hunters to team up to fight something tough. But due to scaling, it doesn't make sense to allow people to stray that far from what they're actually capable of. Besides, you can't even see a 10* hunt until you've unlocked 9*'s anyways.

The only exception I can think of is if you're making use of the party system. If you're fighting with a friend, you should be able to take them where you want.
>>
>>1456161
Going to need a QRD on your statement.
>>
>>1456187
I can kill all 6 stars, even though the game says I'm 1 level low in terms of gear grade, but they tend to be rough fights if momentum every borks. Which for weak ones is pretty rare as long as I stop myself from greeding, but for the variants seems to be about 60% of the time.
>>
>>1456223
>Those walls are strictly from solo play. A HaT is about uniting against a stronger foe.
If you can't beat one solo then you're not pulling your weight in a multiplayer one with x2 bonus health.

The only way you're beating things significantly above your star level rank in HAT is if you're being carried by stronger players, and deadweighting them with useless newbie teammates is literally the complaint being addressed here.

>A useless check since the introduction of story downgrade
How do? If you unlocked 8 stars, but dropped back down to 7, you still unlocked 8 stars. But there's also no reason to downgrade unless you're either max stars and want to fight urgent deviljho twice, or you don't think you can take on the next tier, in which case you shouldn't be taking them on as HAT either.
>>
>>1456160
I'd say go for it. You'll see a boost in 6 star and 5 stars. 7 stars won't overwhelm your map spawns too much. The boost you get in zennys from 6 stars is worth the effort.
>>
>>1456160
no, you won't rank up the map until you accept the quest rewards, so
>kill your 6 stars jho
>go to settings
>at the bottom look for the option to derank the story quests
that will refresh the quest and you will fight 5 stars jho now and your map won't rank up to 7
>>
>>1456192
Don't do it anon! Anon?
ANOOOOOON
>>
>>1456248
Do people have zenny issues? Even if you do, would they still once trashing materials pays zenny?
>>
>>1456306
High grade stuff gets expensive fast. Trashing stuff should help a lot now, but it doesn't hurt to get 100 zenny per hunt as opposed to 50.
>>
>>1456230
Status damage normally only proccs 30% of the time.
Status Sneak Attack 4 raises that to 70%. 5 guarantees, but isn't available.

A +130% increase in status damage (and consistency for the big slow charged attack weapons) as long as you're attacking from behind is HUGE. Especially because unlike mainline monhun, status damage still builds while statused, and even gets the damage multipliers from sleep wake or paralysis.

Poison is meta because it deals percentile damage not a flat number, meaning it can hit WAY above its weight class, especially since iirc status threshold doesn't increase with monster star rating, just max health. Bow is the biggest user, because spread hits multiple times. You are sacrificing part break opportunity though.

Paralysis is meta because it prevents attacking AND because it's easy to hit the ass of a monster that can't move AND you and all allies get 5-10% extra damage on a paralyzed monster, AND paralysis weapons have normal sneak attack meaning even more bonus damage from attacking from behind. Basically 4 para hammers/sns with full build = automatic win.

Sleep isn't big for anything but GS, but still effective. The hit that wakes them up gets a massive damage multiplier, so land a special and take out 1/3rd of the health bar, hit from behind and happen to roll that 70% and that massive multiplier to the motion value also carries to the sleep damage, pushing you the lions share of the way to the next one, arriving just in time for your next special.
>>
>Barioth returning as a HaT monster during off season
>Zinogre in the wild event
>Ice Element material event
>Another round of Qualily's quests
Bros, we're entering the golden age
>>
>>1456342
NTA but neat rundown, definitely stuff I wouldn't be able to figure out on my own. Are the best weapons for poison and para status sets rathian and girros then?
>>
>>
just build elemental lol
>>
>>1456472
He's right though, while zin being HaT exlusive while also having way inflated HP locking plates behind a super high level ice weapon was retarded and definitely warranted a change, I personally feel like they waited too long to make such a change, as at this point in time too many people have had already put in the effort to overcome such a huge target. Me included.
But secondly while I can live with making a change because I'm not that far up my own ass to understand that I'm an absolute minority here, the change they DID make way overshot its target and now HaTs are just a free rarity 6 dispenser with no downside for people far too low level in progression. The only proper solution is indeed locking the difficulty tier of Zinogre behind story progression. It's a total nobrainer.
>>
File: image0[1].jpg (12 KB, 300x376)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>1455615
Go higher noob
>>
File: 1696163824004008.jpg (1.49 MB, 1170x2532)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>1456540
I am sure they will sacrifice their "low level retard buying hat passes and potions to farm zinogre armor and weapons" income just to please "hardcore gamers"
>>
>>1456568
>they're changing literally everything to be less profitable
>except this one thing no no they're actually doubling down on that one even though it's a very limited venture of earning money
ok retard
>>
>>1456568
>Low level leeches are the paypigs!
>Who cares if there isn't a progression struggle that encourages them to spend even more!
What a weird argument.
>>
>>1456568
Let's be real, anyone still low level after all this time is unlikely to be a paying customer
t. Hr55
>>
File: 1682446007597904.gif (1.02 MB, 474x334)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB GIF
>people complain about low levels in their high level hats
>Niantic removed hunter rank from the lobbies
>autistic fuck complains about how unfair is for hardcore gamers to let low levels get high level rewards
>HURR DURR NIANTIC WILL SURELY AND WITH HATE BEND OVER BACKWARDS AND GIVE IN TO HIS DEMANDS
unironically battered wife syndrome
>omg niantic added features that should have been in the game from the start, niantic has really changed!!!!
>>
heh, the update is amazing on it's own but it's reached the point where even large monsters like jagras and tobi now slows down my device. The only at this point to have a decen fight is to use the split screen feature otherwise I'd lose out to time even on 6stars monsters. I don't get how they messed up this badly when it's already on low graphics, small fighting arena and a single freaking monster.
>>
carrying retards has always been a welcome part of the Monster Hunter experience.
>>
>>1456710
t. carried retard
>>
>>1456748
so you only ever play alone then? the people i play with definitely haven't put as much time into the games as i have and tards online are even worse.
still a good time regardless.
>>
File: 1713804597183569.png (534 KB, 720x811)
534 KB
534 KB PNG
Where do I complain about 200+ HR people joining my 5 star HaTs and melting my monsters?
>>
>>1456850
to urself cause u waited long enough for them to join
>>
>>1456472
what a gd bunch of fucking pussies. I thought this was monster hunter not fucking cry baby bullshitfest.
And yeah I solo'd 8 star before the update so go fuck yourself
Have a nice day!
>>
It'd be nice it when Wilds comes out trashed materials from Now get sent there
>>
>>1456857
And miss out on Group Hunt awards?
The fix should be having HaT spawns being tied to your progression, not locking you out of them. Right now, everyone sees the same thing. If you're at 5*, you should only have 6* HaTs and below spawn for you. The same should apply in reverse where 7* people won't see 6* HaTs and below.
Otherwise you just end up with a node being taken up by HaTs people can't join. They already do this somewhat for monster spawns, they just need to apply it to HaTs.
>>
>>1456922
Even the last monster in 5*-6* HATs can be more than just idle play in solo, which is what I've been doing the entire time since HATs released. And you can still see 1* monsters regardless of your progression, they just get rarer. Restricting based on your progression and by extension what you're able to fight solo, makes a lot more sense than forcing spawns into a range.
>>
File: 1687057464551596.png (247 KB, 1007x830)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>1456185
I noticed the helmet, and started to build it, but only fought 12 so far, and haven't seen them in a while. Up until 7 star I mostly had attack boost stuff. I knew elements would be mandatory later, but I was hoping to delay it a bit longer. I've had SnS for every element since the start, but haven't gotten any armour for them. I got a bit disillusioned by element SnS a while back where I did considerably more damage with a raw hammer against a monster which I had an elemental weakness on.
I planned to change my main to Lance, so I started to build a bunch of elemental lances, but I'm not really feeling it, even if Lance have been my mostly main weapon since Tri
>>1456187
I'll try to make some more poison stuff to see how that goes
>>
File: 1685123324709271.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>1456185
>just swap to coral pukei and upgrade it to level 6
>>
>>1457033
you actually need to level it to 8 for wex2
6 only gets you lock-on
seems like you get more bang for your buck prioritizing critical eye over wex if you're actually trying for part breaks
>>
>>1457097
>6 only gets you lock-on
and wex 1
>>
I don't know if I should continue upgrading my Kadachi hammer or go all in on the Zinogre one. I have enough materials to get to level 8.1, but then I'd be all out. Meanwhile, Kadachi has been easily farmable.
>>
>>1457429
there is a zinogre event where zinogre will appear outside of hats (in the Field), it should be in a few weeks
>>
Hunters, the May event schedule is PACKED including an event that is already underway: The Invasion of the Ravenous Deviljho! Zinogre will make its first EVER appearance on the field and you'll even get the chance to bolster your ice-element weapons with quests in the week leading up. Are you ready?
Invasion of the Ravenous Deviljho
Volatile territories are occurring more frequently, making it easier for you to run into Deviljho!

Qualily's Special Quests
Look forward to limited-time quests rewarding gatherable materials and Zenny. Complete all the quests to nab yourself a ZInogre Plate!

Prepare for Zinogre: Ice Element Quests
Barioth is making its return to Hunt-a-thons and Legiana will be appearing more frequently throughout this event!

Bolt from the Wilds: Zinogre
We know you've been waiting for it—in this event, Zinogre will finally make its appearance on the field!

Even Happier Hunting!
Join more group hunts during this event for epic rewards and even some limited-time quests to boot!
>>
>>1457485
pretty good lineup tbqdesu>>1457479
>>
Monster tracking is now live. It doesn't seem to tell you, but it's in the Paintball menu. Also I selected an 8* Jyuratodus for my first one and it's only 3 hunts to find one. I think you were supposed to be able to do it up to 6 times per day, but can't tell if it takes longer depending on monster rarity and rank. Doesn't seem like it though.

>>1457485
>Barioth is only in hunt-a-thons
They should have done that already since so many new monsters are weak only to ice. At least I'll be able to finish my Barioth chest and fit +1 Focus onto my Ice Bow set.
>>
>>1457864
You're a little slow pal
>>1455811
>>
>>1457429
>Get pissed off because I keep timing out against 3* Rathalos
>"I'll show you"
>Throw my Gems at my Tobi Hammer to get it to 8*
>Forgot I was hoarding them for the Zinogre event
>>
>>1458107
Well good for you, because Zinogre gear uses its own unique Zinogre Plates in place of Wyvern Gem Shards. In all likelihood, it will still probably continue to be loads easier to get a Tobi weapon to rank 10 than it would be to get 70x Zinogre Plates regardless of its availability in the field.
>>
File: 1689706024210931.jpg (263 KB, 640x638)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>we will finally be able to fight a real 8 stars zinogre that gives 8 stars rewards instead of a 7 (8) stars zinogre that gives 7 stars zinogre rewards
>>
Is there a non-ranged Water weapon that would allow me to kill an 8* Kulu at 7.5 regardless whether it decides to hold a rock for the entire fight or not? I swear the Water-weak monsters are some of the most annoying ones to fight.
>>
File: 1713753939293003.png (278 KB, 668x971)
278 KB
278 KB PNG
>>1458361
For Kulu - Water Basher 2
For Tobi - Queen Rapier 2
For Girris - Jagras Garotte 2
For Anja - lol
Easily the worst set of monsters, mainly because they refuse to stand still outside of Anjanath. The amount of times Kulu just casually strafes away from an attack is infuriating. Tobi is a bitch because the collision box for him is enormous so sometimes your attacks just whiff.
Girros isn't too bad. Easiest AI to manipulate, you just have to not commit to any attacks because he's always attacking like if he were playing Tekken 8.
>>
>>1458361
Amy melee weapon as soon as you use lock on and Target the legs when he has a rock
any ranged weapon as long as you can aim at it's face
>>
>>1458506
Forgot to mention, this is with the expectation that you have Water 5 for the Watrer weapons. For Queen Rapier, bring Status Sneak 4. That should be easy to craft since you only need 3 Tzu pieces, and only 2 of those need to be leveled up to Grade 4.
>>
>Can select the level of the monster you want too
Hey that's pretty cool
>Gauge at 0 despite being at 1 a few hours ago after Daily Mission reset
Hey now, wait a minute...
>>
>>1458585
I think it resets at a different time
Maybe when you get your potions?
>>
Just figured out that you can break Radobaan's back by hitting his forearms, neat
>>
>>1458614
Yeah it's at the potion/paintball reset.
>>
Hopefully the next major convenience update will be something to help gather specific materials from nodes. The Monster Bone+ remains the biggest limiter of progress for me, no matter how many bone piles I dig through.
>>
>when the retard thinks buffs are "convenience updates"
>>
>>1458716
You don’t need to talk about yourself in the third person, sport. It worries everyone else.
>>
>>1458780
no u
>>
Hunt tracking seems pretty broken, I can only image data showed that tons of people were quitting when they hit the wall of needing Grade 4 and 5 materials.
>>
>>1458958
You still have to hunt a bunch of other monsters in order to hunt what you want though. Plus you can't fight anything special and you still have to kill it to roll any parts. Rarity 3, 4, and 5 pieces are also usually the most abundant stockpile of materials that you have. It's the Rarity 2 pieces and WGS/Zinogre Plates that end up being walls that you run into.

I've been playing pretty regularly since launch, but a lot of time I've had to skip the daily specific monster hunt just because none spawned in my area. This makes it a lot easier if I ever need to do that. Plus the changes in how the areas rotate means that your house could be stuck in a biome for more than a day, so this also makes more incentive to hunt junk monsters as well. Like most things below 8* were pretty worthless to hunt, but now I just have to genocide everything to get an extra shot for a WGS.
>>
>>1458992
Hunting 3 random things for a guaranteed 6* every day is pretty good when maybe you weren't even seeing that specific monster at that level more than once a week.
>>
>>1459005
especially when it's single biome cancer shit (jyura and legiana) whose spawns get kneecapped during every event
>>
>>1459046
i've been stuck at grade4 jyura weapon, chest, and arms for months and just recent upgraded weapon and chest via tracking, so yeah definitely see what you mean.

>>1458992
hunting with a group helps make your tracking go further because your track hunt counts for the other participants meter.
>>
>>1459054
If you really want to "game the system", if you hunt with someone that has different spawns than you, you can double-hunt field spawns as well. This most easily happens when the campaign isn't finished and someone doesn't have all of the possible spawns unlocked yet. Doesn't usually occur with just rank differences, but I haven't had anyone to test if unlocking 8* monsters makes a difference or not. Doubt it.
>>
I wish there were more maxed skillset builds available. Now I have to wait for more monsters and more armor for even the slight possibility. But then I also have to make sure I have/can make every single elemental armor piece so I can jigsaw them together.
>>
>>1459716
They'll probably release decorations/melding for the one year anniversary, it was in the beta.
>>
it just dawned on me that we are never getting chameleos thanks to him not being in world and that makes me very sad
>>
>>1459894
It was hilarious watching one of the programs when they were introducing the game. Since every MH game usually has a unique monster, a question came up wondering if they were going to introduce one for MHN, but the MH series producer was extremely reluctant to make any promises while the Niantic-side guy was obviously a lot more enthusiastic about the possibility. Does kinda suck that we're stuck with World's roster for the foreseeable future though.
>>
>>1459977
yeah I would like to see switch tier monster models along the world models
>>
>>1460002
I don't see there being any issue if that's what you're implying.
>>
>>1460014
of course you don't, tendie
>>
>>1460015
Amazing that you think being stuck with World monsters is somehow World vs Rise.
>>
>>1460021
Yeah, it's on a fucking phone. The existing models are already res'd down, so you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>1460002
Me too, the world models don't work well on phones
>>
They fucked something up now I'm getting stutters on even the low fidelity monsters instead of just zinogre
>>
>>1460040
>>1460039
poorfag moment
>>
>>1460040
Banbaro went from stuttering every ten seconds to smooth but runs at 10 fps for me, can't tell if that's an improvement or not
>>
>>1460040
it's the monster doing AI checks before taking their next action, it started after the latest patch, it happens after the monster attacks and before their next action
>>
>>1460056
Is the game communicating with motherbase to ensure I get the shittiest AI pattern or something
>>
>>1460071
AI rolls based on your current position most of the time and is very manipulatable. If you're struggling with bad AI, it's a skill issue.
>>
>>1460073
You're a retard grasping at the flimsiest opportunity for grandstanding
>>
>>1460076
No. Here's just a couple example
>you can bait Great Girros into infinite shoulder checks into short range bites if you continuously position yourself to his side, and then in front of him
>zinogre will always start the fight with his horn thrust if you're in front of him. If you position yourself to his side/diagonal front, he will combo this into a shoulder check, into a short charge, into another abusable attack like a paw slam or another shoulder check. If you position yourself in front of him after his horn thrust, he will do the cancerous back hop > jump attack > thunder charge attack that wastes a ton of time
>if you're behind pukei after his double tongue lash attack, his next attack will be the poison tail spray attack
These are just a couple really important short examples but every monster follow an AI flowchart where the next attack tends to depend on where you're positioning yourself. Very few monsters have AI where they will pick from a random pool of moves, Pink Rathian is the only one so far I've encountered that seems to be absolutely ass random unpredictable

Here's a couple full AI flowchart examples:

Tobi, plus video material: >>1453155

Tzitzi is another very simple one
>starts the fight with either a double charge attack, or two claw swipe or leg kick attacks depending on if you're infront of him or to his side/back. after that, he does his flashing attack. if too far away from him after his flash, he will walk towards you a little bit first, before doing his jumping attack. if close infront of him, he will immediately do a jumping attack. if to his side/behind him, he will do a leg kick
>if you stagger him or break his head, he will do a claw swipe or double claw swipe if infront of him, and restart the above flowchart starting from his flash attack
>after 2 more attacks he will do a tauntroar and restart his attack flowchart
>>
>>1460076
>>1460078
Footnote but generally speaking if you're too far away from the monster will instead spam charge attacks instead so if you're a rangedcuck and you don't want to deal with this, get closer or start using melee.

And to summarize this whole thing, as I said it's a skill issue if you're unable to recognize these patterns because you're hunting hundreds of them for 75 seconds at most. I wasn't flaming you either, you just have to get gudder. I set you on the right path of figuring out monster AI and now you can look for them yourself in order to improve
>>
>>1460078
Wow you really wrote all of that instead of just understanding the post chain
>>
>>1460083
I understand the post chain I was replying directly to the "getting bad AI pattern" cause that's not what this game have
>>
has*
>>
>>1460085
Yeah, I know
>>
>>1460087
Oh okay
>>
let me do hunt-a-thons with my friend list fucking niantic fuck you
>>
bros we hit bump limit... its over
>>
>>1460314
Well probably survive another few weeks.
Whoever makes the next thread once we hit page 10, just don't put General in the title.
>>
I've been saving up monster parts for a Rath weapon and a Jyura weapon, but I keep holding back thinking there might be some new monster introduced that will give me a definite answer to what weapon type I should build. We already know what's coming for the next month with Legiana + Barioth boosts, field Zinogre, and more Deviljho, so doesn't look like anything on the horizon.
>>
>>1460324
Apparently they datamined Kushala as the next monster and he'll be weak to thunder and dragon, but dragon will be extra weak
>>
File: moregunz-hunting-horn.gif (226 KB, 220x124)
226 KB
226 KB GIF
Gonna make sure to set some stuff aside for Hunting Horn.
>>
>>1460078
yes, this is what speed runners call "scripting a fight"
>>
>>1460376
Boy, I can't imagine the hunting horn being able to do anything solo within the time limit. Probably godly for hunting parties and HATs though.

IG's aerial attacks seem ill suited for mobile and unsure how they would implement Kinsects... they'd probably just pick one and tie a type to each specific weapon.

Absolutely no idea how GL is going to control, or I do, and it's a complete clusterfuck.

HBG is pretty standard range.

Switch Axe also seems like it would be relatively straightforward.
>>
File: 1704987158862957.png (555 KB, 922x571)
555 KB
555 KB PNG
>>1460376
I can't wait to buff no one in my area
>>
I feel like they'd sell way more and be more profitable with these if they just gave you more stuff.
30 bucks and you get 1 knife, 3 potions and gems. I'd buy shit like this on a consistent basis if it was 10 bucks, 5 knifes, 10 potions and 10 paintballs and they can halve the gems. Do they really make a lot of money with these ridiculous high price low value bundles?
>>
>>1460465
>Absolutely no idea how GL is going to control, or I do, and it's a complete clusterfuck
My guess is they'll do the same thing with CB where hold is a charged shot that has guard, tapping alternates between poking and shooting, and swipes will initiate the swing combos
>>
>>1460461
you're retarded
>>
>>1460479
I will never buy one of these shitty bundles until the gem value of the bundle is better than the value of gems based on the hunter pass which is like 200 gems per dollar. The packs are usually around 100-150 gems per dollar and none of the items in them are exclusive so why the fuck should I buy the pack, instead of spending my hunter pass gems on those particular items? Often it's also inflated with worthless garbage such as paintballs, potions, and droplets/orbs which incentivizes me even less.
>>
>>1460479
I always wonder how certain games make any money at all with their awful shops, but you never know the limits of retards with more money than sense. There's hardly anything to even spend gems on anyways. I'm guessing the "smart" thing to do would be just spend it on HAT tickets and material doubling?
>>
>>1460634
>I'm guessing the "smart" thing to do would be just spend it on HAT tickets and material doubling?
That's definitely the limit of usefulness of paypigging in this game, but even then this game is so insanely grindy that paypigging doesn't really make a difference in the fact that you will still need to grind your ass off. The only thing worth a damn is the season pass
>>
4th habitat when?
>>
>>1460825
With the Rajang update.
>>
File: x9fkakpyewm71 (1).jpg (293 KB, 1276x1476)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>1460884
>>
File: F2IVQnzbMAAF9AW.jpg (43 KB, 346x588)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
Is mhn.quest just making shit up in the material drop page or am I reading this wrong? It lists Gems only dropping from Jagras forearms and Pukei tails, but I got gems without breaking/cutting those.
I'm still not sure on how the drop rewards work.
>>
>>1461144
From my experience, broken parts are just a random extra roll per part regardless of which piece is actually broken. Part of me thinks that's bad, but the other part of me KNOWS that's better. This game would be a lot more annoying if you had to break certain parts to get certain pieces per the mainline games.
>>
>>1461154
Yeah if you were locked out of gems because you needed to do tail cuts, you'd be fucked in this game. No way in hell you can just make another high end weapon if you're playing casually.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.