[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Death edition

>What are you running?
>How are you running it?
>How's your run going?
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

>/nuz/ resources
Mostly outdated, but if I add something new it will have (Updated) somewhere in it. Let me know if there's something that needs updated if you have something to replace it with.
>Nuzlocke info
https://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
http://nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
https://pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
https://pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links
https://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
https://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
https://pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ
>Difficulty list
https://pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
https://projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>(UPDATED)Anon's Level Caps Doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOwQ2MnzKF-fJuSGEkTUIenGbPoZymS6jYrY6zIbzkk/edit#gid=1752410600
>Level caps/general Nuzlocke info (new!)
https://nuzlockeuniversity.ca/2022/01/18/hardcore-nuzlocke-level-caps-by-generation/

Previous Thread: >>55660487
>>
File: Nuzlocke wins.jpg (559 KB, 3840x2160)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>55721261
Posted too late in the last thread to get answers so:

It's been over 18 months since I've done a Nuzlocke. I did 5 Hardcore ones and beat 4...thinking about doing another after I finish my Black 2 playthrough. Any suggestions? I've beaten LeafGreen, Emerald, Platinum, and HeartGold, and lost White. I was thinking either:
>Monotype Nuzlocke
>Try Gen 5 Again
>Emerald Trashlocke or Vanilla Emerald just using shitmons

Picrel are the end screens of the 4 runs I did win.
>>
>>55721294
Monotype (maybe even in White/any Gen 5 game) imo. Monotype runs are the best way to play the games imo Nuzlocke or not so I’m a bit biased but I think it’s fun. Did you have a particular type in mind? I can post a chart with all the games and the how “viable” each type is if you want
>>
>>55721325
I'm not interested in any game past gen 5 (I would explain why, but I refuse to defile /nuz/ with my genwarring).
The chart seems like it could be useful for others, so post it. I'm not as good as YouTubers like FlygonHG, MagCarJoe AntlerBoy, or SilphSpectre (Okay, maybe him; he makes some *questionable* plays if you pay attention through the zoomer editing), so I doubt I can pull off something like D/P mono-Fire or HG/SS mono-Dragon.
I have Normal and Poison type in mind as starting, easy-ish types. Probably would play FireRed, LeafGreen, or a ROMHack of one of them if I'm gonna do that.
>>
>>55721294
In your position, I would try to rectify the White loss. Have you tried banning former champions to make it more interesting?
>>55721325
>I can post a chart with all the games and the how “viable” each type is if you want
I'd be interested in this
>>
File: magma hideout planning.jpg (1.13 MB, 2166x1643)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Made it to Magma Hideout in Inclement Emerald, trying to figure out who to bring against the bosses
Pelipper seems like a shoe in at least, since it's got Rain
>>
File: IMG_3181.jpg (878 KB, 2051x980)
878 KB
878 KB JPG
>>55721351
>>55721370
Got this from an older thread. Don’t know if there’s an updated version for SV but I’m 99% sure you can catch at least one Pokemon of every type before the first gym (and that’s not counting raids or DLC)
>>
>>55721391
Thanks. Not surprising what the best ones are apart from Bug being better than I expected and Grass worse
>>
>>55721261
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been busy with school, but I picked up my Sapphire Nuzlocke again recently, picrel is my team after beating Winona.
I’m mad as fuck, while I didn’t lose any mons to Winona due to absolutely fucking demolishing her with Pelipper, who knows shock wave and Ice beam, I lost my Numel to the Kecleon Steven makes you fight of all things. It used screech twice but I figured I was fine since it was low health and I chucked an ultra ball at it, but then it used fury swipes and I was awestruck to find that 1 singular fucking furious swipe took out my Numel. So yea, I ended up replacing Numel with that very same Kecleon, named after my old pet lizard that died like 2 weeks after giving him to my friend. Luckily, that Kecleon has some terrific IVs (20/30/4/30/20/20 bare minimum to be exact) and an adamant nature, so I’m really looking forward to trying her out.
>>
>>55721583
Welcome back. Shame about Numel, there's that AI clause everyone loves, but Kecleon seeing some use is interesting.
>>
>>55721583
It sucks you lost numel but not hard to see why. I don't get why they added level 40 evolutions to pokemon with starter stats.
>>
>>55721940
GameFreak does a lot of things that confuse me, like giving a special oriented attacker mostly physical moves until aftet its evolution level.
>>
File: pelipper.jpg (111 KB, 900x924)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
Right now on my nuzlocke, it's the same as last time, I have a Zoroark, Sanslash, Magnezone and Crobat and six badges. Now however I have recently just caught a new pokemon, this time a Pelipper which I caught on route 13. I can finally use surf and get to areas I couldn't get to.
>>
>>55721879
Thanks, and yea, aside from its good IVs, Kecleon is one of those Pokémon I’ve always wanted to use at some point. It’s ability feels like it’ll come in clutch when I need a resist.
>>55721940
Numel actually evolves at level 33, which is why I was so peeved about losing him. The whole reason I had him out in front to begin with is because he was only one level away from evolving into Camerupt and learning rockslide, which felt like it would be useful against Winona. It’s nice that his absence wasn’t a problem, but I’m still upset because I was looking forward to using Camerupt. Although honestly, I would’ve had to box him once I got around to the water routes anyway, so maybe it’s for the best that he died now and didn’t sponge up too much exp.
>>
File: spheal.jpg (84 KB, 900x730)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I caught a Spheal at Undella bay, I'm back to having a full team of pokemon again. Even though I already have a water type on my team, Spheals ice type moves will be useful in the next gym.
>>
I just lost my Pelipper at the same route I caught it on, route 13, to a trainer using a Gurdurr. I didn't have Pelipper for long but it lasted longer than my Sandile which I also lost on the same route I caught it but I was atleast able to get some use from Pelipper. Pelipper helped me use surf to gain access to areas that require a pokemon to learn surf and I also use Pelipper to help me catch a Spheal. But now that I already have a Spheal, Pelipper kinda has not much use anymore as I already had Crobat which was a flying type and Spheal is a water type so it made Pelipper kinda redudant. Still RIP Pelipper.
>>
File: 364.png (109 KB, 475x475)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
Spheal has evolved into Sealeo. Things are going well.
>>
File: 20240411_182227.jpg (3.55 MB, 4080x3060)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB JPG
This is my team so far, what do you all think?

Any suggestions for what I should try and get for my sixth and final team member? Right now I'm in Lacunosa town.
>>
>>55723364
I think you can get Bisharp on Route 9? Or at the least, Pawniard
Which makes for an incredible Elite Four Pokemon, with a good matchup against two of the four
>>
Bump.
>>
>>55722831
>Numel actually evolves at level 33
Oh I'm thinking of Magcargo at level 38.
>>
>>55724608
Magcargo's late evolution level is so fucking tragic, it's literally an utter shitmon in terms of both type and stats, so for it to be one of the latest evolving fire types too, while also being in one of the slowest exp groups, is just fucking bullshit.
>>
>>55725165
It doesn't help that Slugma is so rare, i'd say the earliest you can get it is Violet City in HGSS.
>>
>>55721583
Alright, so, I remembered that I hadn’t gotten my route 119 encounter yet because of dupes clause, and so went and got myself a Tropius. I ended up switching him out for Loudred, since I’ve used one a few times before, and he was beginning to get kinda underpowered with quite a while left before he evolved. Similar to Kecleon, Tropius had SUPERB IVs (30/20/30/24/26/0 bare minimum), so I’m definitely looking forward to using him. I lack any other grass types so I expect he’ll be extremely useful for the plethora of water routes coming up. Grinded him up to level 30, next up is route 120 so I’m relying on him to take out that ace trainer with the Milotic.
>>
>>55726209
Tropius is one of those mons that i've always been interested in using but never got around to. I already know what my next Platinum team will be, but maybe the run after that is when i finally bite the bullet.
>>
>>55701748
Ended up just restarting
>>
File: 2nd attempt HGSS.png (433 KB, 1416x1427)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>Took 11 attempts to beat Platinum
>Beat HGSS in just two.

I'm kind of annoyed at this, I initially thought it would be the other way around, and yet I managed to beat HGSS quickly, though with more casualties that I hoped. Cynthia turned out to be much harder than Red.

Oh well, not going to complain about a victory. Next one will be Pokemon Black.
>>
File: 365.png (152 KB, 475x475)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
Sealeo has evolved into Walrein, I am sure he will be the ace in Draydens gym. I'm now back to having all my pokemon be fully evolved, all I need now is a sixth pokemon to complete my team and I am set.
>>
>>55721372
I'm about to face Tabitha and Courtney now, but I need to be sure about something
If I lead Floatzel and Pelipper, versus Gigalith and Ninetales
Pelipper sets up the Rain, which boosts Floatzel's power and speed
Gigalith should always go for Thunderbolt against Pelipper, right? That would be the most damage against my Pokemon
I have a plan that hinges on this, where I would switch to Emolga, nullify Thunderbolt with Lightningrod, then Encore it to keep it locked down while Floatzel goes to town on the other side (might need a White Herb to avoid Krookodile's Intimidate though)
>>
How fantinas drifblim outspeed my Jolteon?

There is no way I can see it out speeding. Even with 31 IVs and + speed nature this thing still cannot outspeed Jolteon. It's berry activated
DID NOT GIVE IT SPEED BOOST

Every calc I ran says no matter what Jolteon should have outsped Drifblim. So why didn't it?
>>
>>55727681
You *are* playing Diamond or Pearl, right?

What level was your Jolteon? What was its nature? (I use "was" because I presume it died)
>>
>>55727743
Renegade Platinum
Hardy nature
Level 33
101 speed

Drifblim
Naive nature
Level 32 + 31 IVs in speed
71 speed

I figured it out. It had unburden. Fuck this gay ass game.
>>
>>55727773
>ROMhack
That'll do it. They have EVs on their mons.

>>55727177
That's called you improving. Don't get annoyed by it. Personally I found Platinum harder than HeartGold when I ran it because I had Gyarados banned. I leaned on it A LOT for my 3 other wins. Cynthia by contrast gave me far less trouble than Lance, probably because I invested EVs the right way that time.
>>
Is the dragon type gym leader Drayden a hard gym leader or did I just get lucky. I managed to beat all off hid pokemon with just my level 47 Walrein without healing or switching out any pokemon. Regardless i am happy, all off my gym battles have had no casualties.
>>
>>55728138
When I fought him, his Flygon's Rock Slide made me sweat just a bit because it flinched my Lapras, and I had to deal with a +2 Haxorus with Excadrill (who did resist all of its moves, at least)
I'm always wary around any boss with a set up move, because that can get out of hand pretty quickly
>>
>>55727773
They'll have the better skill most times and Aftermath comparatively sucks ass.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Lost my second attempt on HGSS, on the same place: the radio tower against Petrel, with lucky crit and explosion, he previously killed my heracross with two consecutive hyper fang crit on a switch with his raticate, i swear he was blessed to end my run.gonna restart now but with Totodile, i didn't liked chikorita that much
>>
I am really liking this team so far. Unown hits surprisingly hard.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (460 KB, 1200x1365)
460 KB
460 KB PNG
Been a while since I updated:
Erika's team:
>Farfetch'd
Two shot by Gerald's Psybeam.
>Staryu
Two shot by Gerald's Jump Kick, Erika using a Super Potion on it, only delaying the inevitable.
>Beedrill
One-shot by Gerald's Psybeam.
Sabrina's Team:
>Exeggcutor
Two-shotted by Shanks' Flamethrower thanks to a crit.
>Vileplume
Three-shotted by Shanks' Flamethrower.
>Nidorina
I switch to Gerald as Nidorina charges Sky Attack. Gerald one-shots Nidorina with Psybeam before she can attack.
>Haunter
Uses a Harden in vain before Gerald one-shots it with a crit Psybeam.
Koga's Team:
>Golem
One-shot by Gerald's Bubblebeam.
>Gloom
>Rhydon
I switch to Blu, who eats an Ice Punch. From, there Rhydon is 3 shot by Blu's Psybeam.
>Charizard
Blu's Psybeam does little, and Charizard's Slash crits, putting Blu in the Yellow. I switch to Hero, who gets hit with a Sleep Powder, and a crit Slash. By then, Hero is still sleeping when Koga uses an X-Attack on it. I switch to Snuff, who is immediatly slept, and eats some crit Comet Punches and Slashes before I switch to Shanks, who 2 shots Charizard with Thunder Punch.
I'm really loving this team. The weak link is Raury, but I think with Bonemerang and Strength (which I only recently taught him), he can really come into his own. Hero was also a blessing. Thunder just shits on everything. Gonna head down to Cinnibar Island and hopefully be able to take on the League soon.
>>55728251
RIP. That's unfortunate anon.
>>
>>55721261
Platinum double battle hc nuzlocke

had an aggron and magneton both get killed by random arena trap ground mon crits (random abilities as well) so I've been xp sharing this charmeleon I got. Overall the run has been good, got a spore togekiss thanks to random tms
>>
>>55729315
Forgot image
>>
>>55728138
Drayden isn't as bad as Clair imo, but Dragon types are typically reserved for end game bosses for a reason, even in spite of their Ice weakness.
>>
Would Sinking Sapphire/Rising Ruby be good for a nuzlocke or is the difficulty too much?
>>
>>55729853
As someone who tried to legit nuzlock HGSS and failed like 50ish times before I gave up. Drayano mods are no joke. The only way you'll be able to handle it is to cheat in rare candies because you'll be losing a lot of pokemon to really bullshit setups and crits. Each gym battle is basically going to require you to switch out your entire time at a moment's notice.
>>
File: pumpin hot stuff.jpg (944 KB, 2166x964)
944 KB
944 KB JPG
>>55727627
>>55721372
I enacted my plan, and I even gave Pelipper a Charti Berry to completely ensure that Gigalith (whose Atk and Sp Atk stats are swapped, that's why it's a Special attacker here) goes for Thunderbolt and NOT Power Gem
And then, I actually decided to use Plusle rather than Emolga, since it pretty much does the same thing (Encore and Lightningrod), minus the Rock-type weakness
But, we kept Gigalith locked down and Encored while Floatzel went to town with rain boosted Liquidation (and with a White Herb to avoid Krookodile's Intimidate)
Eventually Tabitha wised up and switched Gigalith out, but both of my Pokemon put up a Substitute just for extra safety, and a few more Liquidations won the day
Now, we dive into the heart of the volcano and prepare for Maxie
>>
>>55728994
>Unown hits surprisingly hard.
I have to imagine that's only going to be true in the early game
>>
File: burn my dread.jpg (910 KB, 2166x964)
910 KB
910 KB JPG
>>55730577
Unfortunately... Maxie's fight could've gone better, and now I'm down a rain setter
I had a good opener, Charti Berry to withstand Stone Edge on Pelipper, U-Turn into Greninja, Groudon gets washed away, and then we go from there
My problem is, I had no idea what was gonna switch in next
I was completely expecting like, Hydreigon, which Golisopod just completely laughs at (and it did, when it came in)
But Lycanroc came after Groudon, and Greninja was able to take care of it easily with Water Shuriken
Golurk was my Lycanroc answer (the best I had), and I was expecting to have to switch it into Lycanroc, but I never had to
Magcargo was my only answer to Crobat too, and that was flimsy at best, just a single Chesto Berry to undo one Hypnosis
It landed another, Magcargo didn't wake up on time, so I had to just switch it out into Greninja again, at the risk of it dying
It didn't, but then Camerupt came in, and I really, really thought that with the rain and the type advantage, even after being hurt by Groudon, it would survive
And now I'm thinking, well damn, Golurk didn't do anything, that could've been the switch in I needed, or something, idk
This really bites, but I just gotta keep goin'
>>
File: 1405055165328.png (474 KB, 705x485)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
>>55731028
Just to clarify
Camerupt came in against Sigilyph, who couldn't do much to it, that's when I switched out to Pelipper again
Just for it to die
>>
How do others treat the National Park/Bug-Catching Contest?
Two different encounters or the same?
First pokemon you encounter in the contest or just whichever pokemon you finish the contest with?
>>
>>55731121
Same encounter. Most people say the first encounter but I find that boring.
>>
>>55731044
I did get something pretty neat in the Team Aqua Hideout
An Electrode, which gets Electric Surge in this, pairing perfectly with my Alolan Raichu
Who, along with its Kantonian version, also benefits from the Light Ball, boosting its Atk and Sp Atk
And it's got type coverage for days, mopping the floor with Team Aqua grunts pretty easily
Now we plan for Matt again
>>
>>55729853
I concur with other anon, Drayano hacks aren't to be taken lightly.
>>55730577
Swapping Gigalith's attack and special attack is mean, but i have to respect it.
>>55731121
I treat it as two personally since you can get some different encounters than normal.
>>
Nuzlocking Gold 97 Reforged, currently training for the second gym. I lost my starter in a stupid way, but in return I got a shiny Cleffa from the egg the aid gave me (didn't know it also had increased shiny odds).
Does anyone remember how Grimby evolves into Grimer? I think friendship, but maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>Start a run of Pokemon Black
>First trainer in route 3
>Three consecutive crits
>Starter gone

Well, that was the shortest attempt yet.
>>
>>55731843
at least the bullshit happened before you did anything meaningful
>>
>>55731686
Did a little digging and found a couple lists of Pokémon, one says Grimby evolves at level 20, another says Smujj evolves via happiness.
>>
I don't think I've ever cleared the Pokemon Mansion/Manor in Renegade Platinum with zero casualties.Someone always dies in that shitty forced double battle against Saturn with Barry as your partner. The AI literally just fucks around while one of your pokemon gets doubleteamed.

Drayano may claim to not hate nuzlockes, but I know the truth.
>>
I just beat the final gym leader Marlon, Magnezone took out his Carracosta and Wailord while Zoroark took out his Jellicent. I'm gonna say, Marlon is tougher than Drayden. He was much harder to take down and I nearly lost the two pokemon I used in battle to scald. Lucky enough, no casualties.
>>
Hey anons, just want to hear some input from you guys, just want an idea of what you would do personally
Would you allow Legendaries in a Nuzlocke in any capacity? Have you used any before? Could be a box legendary, or just a minor one that's part of a trio or something
And if not, what would make you reconsider? Like maybe if you were playing something that was difficult enough (like a ROM hack where some bosses can already have a Legendary or two)?
>>
>>55732834
I'd personally restrict myself from using them unless, like you said, it's some bullshit like Radical Red where major bosses are using legendaries by the 7th gym or whatever.
>>
>>55732834
>Would you allow Legendaries in a Nuzlocke in any capacity?
Yes. If I can catch it, I can use it, though I'd understand if people see them as overpowered, especially the box legendaries.

>Have you used any before?
Yes.

Could be a box legendary, or just a minor one that's part of a trio or something?
I've used both.
>>
>>55732834
I'd say a fair banlist for Gens 1-4 is:
>Legendaries
>Pseudo-Legendaries (outside of monotype runs)
>Gyarados (Again, outside of monotype runs)
This gets thrown out the window in a difficulty hack, especially one like Radical Reddit with input-reading. Use what you've got in those.
>>
>>55732834
Some legendaries just aren't that op. Moltres is fine. If you can catch any of the beasts you deserve it. Regis are a pain and pretty late game so they're ok. Lake trio isn't that op besides Azelf which is a little iffy. Obviously you're required to catch Zekrom/Reshiram. Terrakion is pretty op, but Virizion and Cobalion are fine. Technically I suppose you can have one ultrawormhole encounter of one of the ones above. Kubfu doesn't evolve intill the postgame iirc. Any paradox mon below OU should be ok iguess (same with UBs though beast boost is pushing it). You do need the don's and ogerpon to beat the full game but I wouldn't use them.
>>
Bump.
>>
I finally have reached the Elite 4 on my Black run, but I feel my team is too slow. Would a team like these find issues with speed?

-Emboar
-Conkeldurr
-Excadrill
-Cofagrigus
-Seismitoad
-Krookodile

Also, not sure about the moveset of Cofagrigus, it has basically been used as will-o-wisp/hex combo, but I'm not sure if it's going to cut it.
>>
That was probably the smoothest Whitney fight ever. Unown obliterated Clefairy and Miltank cannot touch Onix.

>>55731003
You are probably right. I know its stats suck but HP fighting is a godsend with all the normal types running around.

>>55732834
I used Ho-Oh in Gold and it was a ton of fun. It wasn't even that overpowered outside of learning a bunch of weird coverage moves.
I usually don't like using legendaries but I needed a flyer and at the end of the day, if it is the first encounter and you catch it you should be able to use it.
>>
>>55732834
I never use legendaries because, for me, they kind of defeat the point, being absolute powerhouses that you're guarenteed to encounter, but personally I don't think they're unfair as long as they're minor legendaries (under 600 BST). Box legendaries are kinda pushing it though.
>>
>>55732547
It indeed evolved at 20.
Do you have the link to that list?
>>
>>55732834
If it's the first encounter, it's good in my book, though i understand why not everyone would agree with that.
>>55734257
Yeah, here you go.
https://github.com/SoupPotato/gold97/blob/master/data/pokemon/evos_attacks.asm
>>
File: 5th attempt BW.png (732 KB, 1479x1427)
732 KB
732 KB PNG
Finished my BW run on the 5th attempt. I don't like how the level cap was handled in the end, as the fight between N and Dennis had two level difference and no moment to manage it, so you either go overleveled to N's fight or underleveled to Dennis'. I decided the former, but even so, that level difference made N's fight easier than what it should have been.

Also, all surviving mons are ground types. Neat.
>>
>>55734682
Also, Drain Punch Sesmitoad nearly took N's team singlehandedly, thus the level difference.
>>
>>55734682
Nice, gj anon
Gonna do Black 2 next?
>>
>>55734695
Yes, though I'll start tomorrow, now it's quite late.
>>
>>55733987
I think that's a fine team for the E4, though Scrafty is very good against them too.
>>
I am incapable of keeping Pidgeottos alive. Now I'm going to have to walk everywhere for most of the save
>>
File: kZ39pyf2rtU.jpg (911 KB, 2166x964)
911 KB
911 KB JPG
>>55731432
That's Matt taken care of, now I have the rest of Hoenn to explore and get my final (mostly Water-type) encounters
I sweat a bit because I really thought Camerupt could take Dhelmise's Liquidation under the sun, and it just barely did
Cloyster and Golisopod got to switch into and annihilate their respective targets in Seismitoad and Gyarados without fear thanks to both having Shell Armour
And Golurk was able to take on both Toxicroak and Heliolisk (which came in after) as the method of dealing with the former was to set up a Substitute to avoid getting hit by Sucker Punch
Since the Sub was still up, I was safe to use Earthquake on Heliolisk
We still took a risk with Camerupt, but we still made it through unscathed
>>
>>55736206
Good work! What's your plan for the rest of the game?
>>
Hey guys, I'm sad and depressed and I feel like killing myself, should I still continue with my nuzlocke?
>>
>>55736718
I'm sad and depressed and feel like killing myself too and I am probably going to continue mine so don't worry about it too much brother, keep your head up
>>
Question, how competent is the B2W2 AI against Zorua? Does it fall for its ability, or does it know every time?
>>
I nearly wipe against Clay, I ended the battle with my own excadrill with just two HP and everything else dead. Thank my lucky stars I saw this coming and I only brought 2nd line mons, so the actually valuable ones are still safe.

Still hurts to lose Guts Raticate, though...
>>
Yo! New run here, but a pretty ambitious one. I'm gonna be doing a genlocke from Kanto-Paldea, 9 games, across the course of an entire year. Updates only once per week cause I'm streaming it all, but will be sure to post em.

Rules are:
> Set Style
> Species Clause across the entire run
> Naming after friends/viewers
> Level capped to gym leaders
> Only 6 Pokemon can be carried forward per game

Simple beginning since we started towards the end of a stream, but probs gonna get through Misty tomorrow. No problems yet, heading to Brock.
>>
>>55736470
I'm gonna hatch some more of the Daycare Eggs (that's how I've gotten several of my encounters, just hatching them in towns and stuff), carefully head over to Pacifidlog Town so I have that as a Fly point
Then after that, we prepare for Mossdeep Gym, whose boss fight is an Inverse Battle
>>
Fuck, I did it, I beat Ghetsis without losing a single pokemon. My god that was so hard, the instant I won, I skipped through all the text afterwards and saved immediately before closing my DS because that battle was tense and made me stressed out. I nearly lost a pokemon and I was desperate to not lose any pokemon because I only have 5 left and it's near the end of the game.

Was Ghetsis in black 2 and white 2 any hard for any of you guys?
>>
>>55738053
Congrats anon, nicely done
And I'd say he's still pretty tough in the sequels too
Since you also have to fight Black or White Kyurem beforehand too, but you also have more options with an expanded Dex
>>
>>55738053
Congrats!
I think he's around the same difficulty, but getting to him is easier in BW2, and unless i'm misremembering you get a moment beforr the fight to switch your lead and heal.
>>
>>55738688
Not in black 2 and white 2 but N heals your pokemon before you battle Ghetsis.
>>
>>55737517
Very ambitious, i like it! Good luck, and don't get burned out!
>>
After an entire day with my BW2 run, having an impressive amount of luck and managing to reach to the champion in my first try... I wiped out at the last mon. Archeops was faster than me and swept me. The very last mon.

Fuck.

Well, I'll try again some other time.
>>
Levitate not being a thing may be my favourite part of the early gens. There is something oddly satisfying about oneshoting a Gastly with Dig.
>>
>>55739662
Man, that just sucks. Sorry to hear it.
>>55740090
That's a pretty unique team for early game Johto.
>>
Bump.
>>
File: white2.png (346 KB, 1200x1080)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
Just finished White 2 Challenge mode. It was a really clean run right until Iris, when everything that could go wrong went wrong. Kinda sad that Jellicent did not make it, he singlehandedly carried the match once my plan of cheesing with Quiver Dance went out the window.

Overall I found the Challenge mode made the game more interesting rather than harder, too bad it's the only game in the series that has it.

Also vaguely annoyed that it's my third Magneton (I only ban champs for the remainder of the generation, since I plan on running every game), but Eviolite+Sturdy is just too good to pass up, it's like Magneton was designed for nuzlockes.
>>
I spent all morning running around the map, catching mons, picking items, grinding levels and fighting gyms.
Managed to evolve everyone except the pokemon I was trying to evolve.
>>
>>55742626
Another reason not to evolve Magneton is its higher base speed compared to Magnezone.
>>
Anyone know if Pallosand's water compaction is changed to water immunity in Pokémon Unbound?
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (478 KB, 1200x1408)
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>55729126
That's all badges secured.
Blaine's Team:
>Ekans
>Drowzee
3-shot by Gerald's Cut, but not before poisoning Gerald.
>Kingler
>Growlithe
One-shot by Gerald's Bubble Beam.

Giovanni's Team:
>Wartotle
Snuff eats a Comet Punch before one-shotting it with Solar Beam.
>Butterfree
One-shot by Snuff's Rock Slide.
>Ekans
One-shot by Snuff's Surf.
>Tentacruel
Solar Beam and Rockslide put it in the yellow, Tentacruel wearing Snuff down with Sonic Boom and Headbutt in the process. A final Solar Beam downs Tentacruel thanks to a crit.
>Gyarados
I switch to Shanks as Giovanni uses a Guard Specs on Gyarados. Shanks outspeeds OHKOs Gyarados with Thunder Punch.

Onto the league. I'm probably gonna get my whole team up to lvl 53 before taking on the league, I wanna try and go 6 for 6.
>>55742633
Is Unown really that useful that late into the game?
>>
Ok, now that I've reviewed what I did wrong with my BW2 run, I'm going to try it again. And this time, as slowly as I can. I had a good strategy going into the E4 and only needed to keep more mons alive to have succeeded, so slow and steady, and not losing anything unnecesarily.

A couple of points before I start:
-How can I take down KyuremBlack without losing anything? Considering that I need to take down Dennis and his bullshit hydreigon afterwards.
-How many mons do have dragon dance or something similar? Setup moves seemed to appear quite late game.
-How useful is volcarona? It appears in the desert castle, but I'm not sure that a slow fire/bug mon would be that useful late game.
>>
>>55743298
From what i've read there should be a README file that comes with downloading Unbound. If they changed Watrwr Compaction to Water Immunity, it should be there.
>>
>>55743469
>-How can I take down KyuremBlack without losing anything? Considering that I need to take down Dennis and his bullshit hydreigon afterwards.
If you run around caves for a while, you should run into dust clouds that can give type boosting Gems
And, I think you can get an Expert Belt in Driftveil City?
Bring a Fighting type of choice and go to town, if you're able, just be mindful that you'll be up against a Cofagrigus immediately after
>-How many mons do have dragon dance or something similar? Setup moves seemed to appear quite late game.
Only Haxorus comes to mind
>-How useful is volcarona? It appears in the desert castle, but I'm not sure that a slow fire/bug mon would be that useful late game.
It's a phenomonally powerful Pokemon, but can struggle a bit in the midgame due to a lack of good moves
But it's got a great matchup in the Elite Four, with its Bug type doing well against Grimsley and Caitlin
>>
>>55743519
Ah, gotcha. Thanks man.
>>
>>55743407
>Is Unown really that useful that late into the game?
It sponged some damage in the fighting gym and handled the ice gym pretty much on its own. I am keeping it for the Jasmine fight, in case something goes wrong, but after that I am probably boxing it and focus on getting an Espeon.
>>
>>55743519
>>55743606
Update: it is not changed :(
>>
>>55743642
I think only Magcargo gets the Water immunity ability? Called Evaporation or something
>>
File: 037.png (153 KB, 475x475)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
Meet the final member on my team, Vulpix. I caught it in the Abundant shrine and I've already defeated all 8 gym leaders and defeated team plasma so Vulpix is a little late to the team and Vulpix is a bit underleveled but I'm gonna grind it up, teach it some moves and then evolve it so that it can fight along side the rest of my team and assist in the elite four and champion as a late game ally.
>>
File: ninetales.jpg (128 KB, 900x865)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
I used a fire stone to evolve Vulpix into Ninetales. Now all pokemon on my team are fully evolved.

What level should all my pokemon be when I challenge the elite four?

Any tips and ideas for facing the elite four and champion?

My team consists off Magnezone, Crobat, Sandslash, Zoroark, Walrein and Ninetales.
>>
>>55744671
58 is the cap for the Elite 4, while Iris' level cap is 59, so one of those two. I would personally look up their movesetsand plan around them.
>>
File: 1707965663280351.png (87 KB, 1336x649)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
Starting my first Johto nuzlocke! It's honestly such a great game to nuzlocke, especially since many Pokemon are really only useful in these games. I couldn't find a copy of the game, but luckily an old man at a garage sale had a copy he gave me for free!
Decided to go with Cubburn this time, since I rarely see people talk about it. It's very cute and deserves way more love.
>>
File: Update.jpg (97 KB, 951x628)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>55737517

First update from this run, no problems on the way to Misty, stopped right before the gym. Was a little worried about Starmie but the Oddish pickup came in clutch. Mega Kick on Wartortle so we got this either way.
>>
File: 1704836888627376.png (320 KB, 1291x662)
320 KB
320 KB PNG
>>55744871
Falkner has been beaten, and now I have a team of six! Not sure what they were thinking by giving him a Level 10 Pidgeotto, but the battle wasn't too bad. Also hatched the Odd Egg, and got the 16% shiny for the first time! Elekid is way cuter than I remember.
Also snagged a Stromen in Five Floor Tower before stopping. It's such a weird Pokemon that I've never seen anyone use in a nuzlocke before. Or ever, now that I think about it. Whatever, I'm just glad my team is filled out (though two Normal/Flying types are excessive, I'll probably bench Clockwork.)
>>
>>55745195
bro what the fuck is a "bellsprout"? I don't think that's a real Pokemon, you might've gotten a fake cartridge.
>>
>>55745221
It's probably some ROM hack shit that added a stupid plant that looks like a fleshlight. It's kinda cute though, I think I'll keep it for now.
>>
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>55743407
Yeah, I lied. We're going to tackle the league at 50 like last time, since Victory Road is full of shitmons who give a pitiful amount of XP. I got a legendary and a mythical, and if we get wiped, I got another legendary in my reserves.
>>
>>55745291
Lorelei's Team:
>Nidorino
Raury's Bonemerang downed it in 2-hits.
>Farfetch'd
Shanks' Thunder Punch OHKOs it.
>Exeggcute
2-shot by Shanks' Flamethrower.
>Pikachu
2-shot by Shanks' Slash.
>Venusaur
Shanks' Flamethrower cuts half of it's health. From there, 2 Ice Punches take it down, as Venusaur disables Flamethrower.

Bruno's Team:
>Dratini
2-shot by Raury's Jump Kick
>Rhydon
Raury's Jump Kick puts it down to half, and Rhydon's Stomp takes a chunk of Raury's health. Unfortunately, the next Jump Kick misses, and Rhydon's Stomp puts Raury in the yellow. I switch to Gerald, who eats a Stomp and knocks out Rhydon with Surf.
>Electabuzz
Bruno wastes a turn using an X-Defend while I whittle down Electabuzz's health with 2 Surf attacks. Electabuzz's Pound and Vine Whip do virtually nothing as I finish it off with a Cut.
>Mr Mime
I swtich to Snuff, who managed to put it to sleep after 3 tries, eating a Swift and a Sludge in the process, as well as allowing Bruno to give it 2 X-Defends. From there, Mr. Mime is 2-shot by Snuff's Surf.
>Kabutops
OHKO'd by Snuff's Solar Beam, Bruno wasting it's turn using an X-Defend in vain.
(1/2)
>>
>>55745360
Agatha's Team:
>Sandshrew
2 of Raury's Jump Kicks leave it with a sliver of health left, forcing Agatha to switch into...
>Arbok
Raury's Bonemerang forces Agatha to use a Super Potion on Arbok, only to be downed by another Bonemerang. The aforementioned Sandshrew comes out, and is immediately downed by Raury's Strength attack.
>Raichu
Raury's Bonemerang downed it in 2-hits.
>Charmander
See above.
>Gastly
OHKO'd by Raury's Bonemerang.

Lance's Team:
>Krabby
OHKO'd by Hero's Thunder attack.
>Charmeleon
OHKO'd by Hero's Dig attack, dodging a Water Gun in the process.
>Magnemite
See above, only it was a Hyper Fang this time.
>Lapras
Hero spammed Thunder attacks, some missing, but some connecting, forcing Lance to use a Hyper Potion on Lapras. From there, to save PP, Hero finished it off with a bunch of Headbutts, but not before Lapras landed a Super Fang.
>Jynx
I switch to Snuff, who eats a Mega Punch as Rock Slide shaves off 80% of Jynx's health. From there, Snuff dodges the next Mega Punch before finishing off Jynx with a Surf attack.

The league were complete pushovers this time around. My time is the same, only Raury and Hero gained a level. Just got to get past the Champion battle, and it's on to Yellow.
>>
478 KB
478 KB PNG
>>55745369
Champion Red's Team:
>Exeggcutor
Blu's Blizzard crits, leaving Exeggcutor with a sliver of health left as Exeggcutor tries (and fails) to use Disable. Blu follows it up with a crit Quick Attack, taking Exeggcutor out of the fight.
>Arcanine
I switch to Snuff, who eats a Sleep Powder. After a couple of Bone Clubs, I switch to Gerald, whose Surf attack puts Arcanine below half, but Arcanine's Ice Beam takes out a chunk of Gerald's health. I switch to Hero, who takes a crit Ice Beam before taking Arcanine out with a Dig.
>Mankey
OHKO'd by Hero's Psychic Attack.
>Fearow
Hero takes some Leech Life attacks as Thunder misses the first time around. The second one connects, and a follow up Psychic makes the score 6-2.
>Omastar
Snuff is sleeping and Hero is in the low yellow range, so I switch to Raury, who eats a Dizzy Punch before landing a Jump Kick. The second Jump Kick takes all but a little of Omastar's health, but not before Omastar's Nightshade takes a huge bite out of Raury's HP. Fortunately, Red wastes Omastar's turn setting up a Swords Dance, so Raury's Strength attack is able to finish it off.
>Poliwrath
I switch to Shanks, who 2-shots it with Thunder Punch.

Some thoughts on this run:
>I was confused as hell when Arcanine came in after Exeggcutor. Thought the randomizer glitched out or something.
>There was much more death early on, but it worked out in the end. I think I may have gotten luckier than last time, where I came out the gate with a Starmie that knew Psychic, given the Zapdos and Mew rolls.
>It's a shame Blu didn't really get to participate in the league battles. Still, I'm glad that Raury at least got to shine, since he's been the weak link of the run.
>I'm still mad about Elbert and Cupcake. They could've done big things.
>Kind of funny how because my starter died so early, my partner Pokemon was a Blastoise.
Anyway, onto Yellow, and we'll be done with Gen 1.
Run theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6TrQzNTrRA
>>
>>55745195
Wait a second, something isn't right here... Farfetch'd isn't a real Pokémon!
>>
Bump.
>>
>>55745528
Congrats on a smooth league run!
>>
I found a shinny zubat! I don't care it's not the first mon I've seen this route, I'm gonna use it. Shinny clause and all.
>>
>>55748456
hell yeah, congrats anon! shiny crobat especially is such a gorgeous color, and the zubat line is always useful in lockes but not really OP either. the perfect shiny to find imo.
>>
File: Green zubat.jpg (106 KB, 778x580)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>55748497
Now I have to beat this run of BW2, no excuses.
>>
>>55748508
once you get acrobatics it'll be a monster. might not be too helpful midgame but it'll be a useful pivot for lategame and rips Grimsley and Shauntaul to pieces.
it also gets haze which can be very useful, especially against iris's haxorus.
>>
>>55736206
I made it to Mossdeep Gym so we're planning for that now, but I'm considering something
When I first played IE normally, I remember being able to use Trick and Thief to effectively steal items off of trainers; I think that's how it used to work in Gen 3 that the dev for this ROM hack decided to still allow
The Life Orb is normally behind the Winstrate family gauntlet, and I have not found an Assault Vest yet, and here's this dude with two Pokemon that have both
Weavile can mop the floor with him easily, but I kinda want to try and rob him, either one item or the other, but I don't know if I can do it unscathed
Like... I have my doubts if say Accelgor or Spiritomb are going to accompany me to the end of this journey, but either (or both) could help me steal said items, and if they have to go down, then so be it
Callous? Calculated? I'm not sure
>>
Explosion is a lot less scary when you have a Steelix.
How good is Seel? Should I try grinding him for Lance? I imagine an ice type is going to be more useful than a paraflinching Jumpluff in the E4 but I kinda don't want to box Jumpluff after how reliable he has been. Then again, I also don't want to bring him to a fight where I may need to sacrifice him.
>>
>>55748745
you probably answered this question already but how did you get the metal coat?
>>
>>55748755
I didn't. The randomizer I am using to remove trade evos makes Onix evolve at level 30.
>>
>>55748789
naruhodo
>>
how do you guys feel about ignoring the first encounter rule? partway through a romhack run, and I wouldn't be having nearly as much fun if I wasn't picking out the mons that got qol updates or buffs
>>
>>55749273
The only time I feel you can ignore the rule is at a place like the bug contest or safari zone. But there are people who are much harder about that rule then me.
>>
>>55749273
eh, besides dupes clause and shiny clause, the only other time I might ignore it is if it's a Pokemon I recently used as a champion (excluding super common mons that you're likely to pick up anyway). but it's your game your rules man, do whatever is fun.
>>55748745
Dewgong is ok, I used him in a HGSS run recently. nothing special but solid if you need an ice type. ended up losing him to Lance's last pokemon but he got me that far. if I did it again I would probably use Lapras instead, if you allow yourself to capture it.
>>
>>55745528
We're off to a rocky start, but at least we got a start. Previous failures include:
>Run 1 (Starter: Snorlax)
Killed by wild Onix's Sonic Boom.
>Run 2 (Starter: Koffing)
Couldn't run from wild Electrode, who killed it with a crit Barrage.
>Run 3 (Starter: Koffing again)
Wild Jolteon killed my starter with Guillotine. Fortunately, I had a decently leveled Poliwhirl to battle Blue with. His Moltres said otherwise.
>Run 4 (Starter: Dratini)
Killed by crit Thrash from wild Kabuto.
>Run 5 (Starter: Lickitung)
More or less a sacrifice. I lost my Route 1 and Route 22 encounters, so it was all down the line against a Venonat on Route 2 as Lickitung was burned and I was chucking balls at Venonant, careful not to kill it. RNGesus was not smiling down on me when Venonat refused to stay in the ball, and Lickitung succumbed to burn damage.
Kinda funny I have the same starter as the last run. We'll see how long that'll last.
>>55745528
Nice!
>>55747700 (Checked)
Thanks!
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (159 KB, 1200x658)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>55749623
Forgot pic like a retard.
>>
File: etx-1.png (523 KB, 1641x1298)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
>>55749318
Yeah, I sort of just loosened the rule to one catch and not first encounter. May as well hop in here.

It's been kind of bloody? I'm pretty pissed about Sycamore back in Lumiose. I autopiloted into the fight forgetting he'd be stronger than in base game, and got Dragon Rage cheesed by his Charmeleon. I could have lost zero Pokemon; Petilil is Grass/Fairy in this hack, and could survive an Ember, so if she got a Sleep Powder off I might only have lost Tympole, or nothing at all if the Charmeleon slept long enough. The AI used Ember on the switch, though, so I got a near teamwipe instead. Only my starter managed to survive the battle thanks to a lucky crit at 2 HP.

Things are looking up, though, this Maractus is rather violent (with buffed defenses, nerfed Attack for Huge Power) and Grant lost 5 of his 6 to Gastrodon. I should probably go back and nab some encounters I didn't take advantage of, just in case..
>>
Limiting myself to water pokemon in sword has so far resulted in:
2 losses vs Milo, 1 loss vs Marnie outside of Spikemuth, and several near misses to anyone with any electric pokemon as my main two pokemon are gyarados and a fucking pelipper and gastrodon keeps dying to random grass moves.
Maybe next run I'll nuzlocke this game.
>>
File: 1710178933578808.png (355 KB, 1336x779)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>55745195
Preparing to fight Bugsy. Unfortunately we lost Dura nearly as fast as we got her. Completely forgot about Sonicboom.
Luckily the team is rounding out well. Outside of Clockwork who is kinda just there, the rest of the team is very powerful and useful in their own way. Also snagged a Grenmar. A Fire/Water Pokemon is great, though Volcanion stole its thunder a bit.
Also you might notice I renamed my starter. I forgot that the evolution is literally called "Flambear".
>>
Bump.
>>
I'm using rare candies instead of grinding this run and I can't decide if I like it or not.
It's nice being able to swap my team around whenever I want without having to spend hours grinding but it's also hard to give a fuck about any of my mons when I can level a replacement in seconds.
>>
Got too cocky and went into the water gym in plat without much planning or prep. Lost 3 mons thanks to some unlucky crits and stupidity.
Torterra isn't a huge loss (0 attack IVs and -attack nature) But staraptor and rotom dying is really rough.
>>
>>55751105
Conversely, you're able to bring new Pokemon into the fray within minutes
>>55751260
No nickname for Rotom?
>>
>>55751574
Forgot to name him and couldn't remember where the name changer was lol.
>>
File: p1.jpg (1.42 MB, 4248x5664)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>55728251
back to it about to fight Morty after i finish the lighthouse
>Totodile"Krock";keeping him not evolved for getting aqua tail/maybe superpower
>Nidorino"Oldfriend";obligatory member since my first run ever on pokemon alongside a Nidoqueen
>Butterfree"Bzzz"; "we already have a pyschic pokemon at home ", still useful , might keep it until the very end
>Flaaffy"Fluffy": the elec pokemon i needed
>Noctowl "Mogged": the second one in my run,the first one was nicknamed "Mogger",becuase he was my Morty countercheck, but got killed against the rival
>Onyx"Rocky": the one we get for exchange since i allow it fuck it, i got a metal coat so he's gonna be useful
>Hexacross"Break":break shit,get shit done.
back up pokemon are a Sandlash,Scyther,starmie,
dead are rattata,pidgey and magnemite
i'll probably keep Noct until the fighting gym then dump it
>>
File: 20240416_200732.jpg (1.53 MB, 2766x2019)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
This is my full nuzlocke team /vp/ what do you all think?

Also I'm about to take on the elite four and champion so wish me luck.
>>
>>55751731
Good luck, but no nicknames?
Give those future champs some names
>>
File: 20240417_174018.jpg (924 KB, 2411x1900)
924 KB
924 KB JPG
I am so happy you guys, today I beat my first ever pokemon nuzlocke and I was able to beat all of the elite four and champion with no casualties.

First i beat Shauntal. Zoroark took out her Cofagrigus, Walrein took out her Golurk, Magnezone took out her Driftblim and Crobat took out her Chandelure.

Then i beat Marshal. Crobat tool put his Throh, Sandslash took out his Conkeldurr, Ninetales took out his Mienshao and Magnezone took out his Sawk.

Then i beat Grimsley. Crobat beat his Liepard, Sandslash beat his Scrafty, Walrein beat his Krookodile and Ninetales beat his Bisharp.

Then I beat Caitlin. Zoroark beat her Musharna and Reuniclus and Magnezone beat her Sigilyph and Gothitelle.

And finally I beat the champion Iris My Walrein beat her Hydreigon, my Crobat beat her Druddigon, my Magnezone beat her Laura's and Archeops and my Sandslash beat her Aggron and Haxorus.

It is all over, I have won and I am now the champion of Unova and I'm so happy.
>>
>>55752088
>261 hours
What the heck
>>
File: 20240417_174841.jpg (2.18 MB, 2717x2154)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
And this is the team that brought me to victory. All six of these pokemon prevailed and never lost once.

The pokemon I have lost in order of course where Oshawott, Pidove, Sandile, Watchog, Whimsicott and Pelipper.

Also I'm not good with nicknames so if any of you have any good ideas for names for my pokemon, please let me know.
>>
>>55752090
So I technically started on the first of April and its now the 17th.
>>
>>55751105
Candies take away a lot from the experience imo.
>>
File: 20240417150015.png (112 KB, 960x544)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>55748571
Mine now, sucker
I realized that one of the water route encounters was a Sharpedo, which was strong enough to deal with both Slowking and Alakazam, and learns Thief which not only did considerable damage to them both, but Sharpedo was also fast enough after a Speed Boost to outspeed Alakazam
No casualties at all, but now we gotta actually start planning for the rest of the Gym
>>
>>55752112
that's like 15 hours a day my dude
>>55751105
>>55752511
the only game I caved and used candies was HGSS because the grinding when you need to bring in a new team member midgame is just nutty. it did feel a little cheap but I probably wouldn't have finished without them.
>>
>>55752723
So basically I never turned off my DS whenever I wasn't playing pokemon.
>>
>>55752098
Congrats on the win!
For nicknames, i'm thinking Mathilda for Walrein (no real reason or reference, i just think it fits), Hal for Magnezone, Loki for Zoroark, Harkon for Crobat, Amaterasu for Ninetails, and Hana for Sandslash.
>>
>>55752929
Wait, nevermind on Zoroark, you can't nickname it unless you breed it.
>>
Luckily, the Seel conundrum solved itself rather quickly. Seel definitely sucks.
Sadly, Jumpluff's fate was exactly as I feared. Karen is a bitch. Lance's gimmick of spamming Hyper Beam is lame too but it is a somewhat respectable strategy. Karen's team, on the other hand, seems to be built exclusively to screw you over in the most infuriating of ways. At least the Champion fight went a lot better this time around with only one death.
Time to train the B team until they are underleveled enough to handle Kanto!
>>
>>55752947
Seel is unfortunately a bad lapras and lapras already kind of sucks.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (144 KB, 1200x658)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>55749623
>>55749627
Well, that didn't last long. Brock's Golem wiped out my team thanks to it's Lovely Kiss and Bonemerang/Bubble Beam attacks. Fortunately, my new team was able to overcome Brock's team.

Brock's Team:
>Tentacruel
Tentacruel paralyzes Alyssa first thing, but she overcomes, and steadily bombards it with Headbutt attacks. Alyssa eats Tentacruel's Payday attacks, but Tentacruel's Hydro Pump puts her in the red. I switch to Kit, who takes Tentacruel out with Swift.
>Poliwag
2HKO by Kit's Egg Bomb.

As great as having Gengar this early is, only Normal moves is kinda shitty, especially considering it doesn't get another move until level 29. The TM Brock gave me contained Night Shade, so I can at least whip that out if the situation gets dire (not even sure if Gengar is compatible, but that TM is still good to have).
>>55752947
I've been meaning to ask: what do the "FALLEN" and "SURVIVORS" section mean?
>>
>>55753647
>I've been meaning to ask: what do the "FALLEN" and "SURVIVORS" section mean?
I am doing a pseudoautismlocke where I don't play all the games but I ban all previously used mons and not just the champions. Those sections are just the dead and boxed of those respective games.
I added them to the pic mostly so I can have a quick visual reminder of what pokemon I can't catch again.
>>
Am currently in the middle of playing Pokemon Clover. How come when I steal items it disappears after the battle ends?
>>
>>55754422
because the game is overrated shit lol
>>
>>55752088
congrats man. not an easy one to do your first nuzlocke
>>
Bump.
>>
I just realized that Altaria learns Dragon Dance at very low levels. How viable is Altaria through the late game of BW2? Two last badges and E4.
>>
>>55756515
Nevermind, it died. Boy that gym was awful. I had prepared a team specifically against dragons, and all of them utterly failed. Good old emolga had to sacrifice itself by jumping around with galvantula, paralyzing everything and allowing the others to grind Drayden's mons while they were stuck.

Sadly, Emolga didn't make it. It was shockingly useful throughout the run, though, despite its low stats. Thunderwave and volt change strat is busted.
>>
How nuzlockeable are the new games? Last game i played was X/Y and been thinking about starting a marathonlocke of sorts starting from 3rd gen games and moving up from there
>>
>>55757404
Very, the selection variety for Pokemon just gets greater with each new game
>>
>>55757404
Quantifying how "Nuzlockeable" a game is just makes me wonder what the like, least Nuzlockeable or I guess least Nuzlocke friendly game is, if any.
>>
>>55757511
>>55757542
I just recall hearing about some pokemon game where the pokemon are visibly wandering along the routes instead of hiding in the tall grass and was wondering how do you handle the first encounter rule with stuff like that
>>
>>55757553
Oh, I see what you mean now
In Sword and Shield, some Pokemon roam around in the overworld, but some are also in tall grass, while in Scarlet and Violet, it's all overworld
For the former, you could just ignore the overworld Pokemon and get your encounters the old fashioned way
For the latter, you could either just go with the first thing you see, or close your eyes and run into something, or you could spin a wheel of all the possible encounters in the area and then just actively look for whatever it is the wheel landed on
>>
>>55757404
Kinda depends on the generation. Gen 7 is fine, USUM are some of the hardest games to Nuzlocke actually, but the cutscenes can drag down repeat runs. Gen 8 has the always on EXP Share, meaning you'll need to rotate your team out frequently, not something i personally like. Gen 9, you'll need a guide to know where to go next so your run doesn't prematurely end to a level 30 mon, and you need to get creative on what constitutes a route.
>>
>>55757636
Do pokemon spawning out of bounds/being to small to see/popping in in front of you count as random encounters?
>>
>>55757650
Might just play up to gen 7 then. Always on exp share sounds like a bother and i really don't like looking up guides besides checking the gym leader and elite four mon levels so i don't accidently overlevel
>>
>>55721583
>>55726209
Hey guys, I know it’s been a while since I posted, I haven’t been taking a break but nothing important had happened until now.
Just finished Mt Pyre, and I’m sad to say that my Anorith has died to the route 123 Psychic’s Solrock. He took a super effective rock throw and a future sight on the same turn, which completely finished him. Now I’m trying to figure out what to replace him with and I’m having a hard time deciding. The 2 main candidates are Picrel;
>>
>>55757998
And picrel.
Duskull has the better nature (brave) but the worse IV spread (around 20 / 2 / 6 / 18 / 24 / 13)
Shuppet has the worse nature (Timid) but the better IV spread (around 20 / 20 / 27 / 28 / 0 / 3)
>>
>>55757998
Can you evolve him to dustnoir then he's objectively the better choice. Bad IVs don't change the fact that dustnoir is a much better pokemon. If not I would say it depends on what you want.
>>
>>55757998
Dusclops is way bulkier. I played Bannette in an AS nuzlocke and panicked so I fully EVed it in bulk via supertraining. Still barely survived and lost to steven.
>>
>>55758121
>Can you evolve him to dustnoir then he's objectively the better choice
Nta but it's the original game, so he cannot
>>
File: Wrathded.png (106 KB, 648x479)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>55721261
Does anyone also notice how abundant crits are in gen 5?
I lost my lillipup to a goddamn level 13 tympole because it crit with bubblebeam.
Rest in peace wrath, I would've taught you return once I got the chance.
>>
File: blackteam.png (149 KB, 647x398)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>55758288
Anyways, I recently started a nuzlocke of pokemon black and will fight lenora after I contribute to the extinction of the audino population
>>
>Using repels to avoid findins something until later to maximize encounters.
>Pokemon appear anyway
Goddammit
>>
>>55758451
You gotta lead with a high level mon bro.
>>
>>55755415
It's not my first nuzlocke, it's the first nuzlocke I've won.
>>
>>55758958
That's still a first Nuzlocke in a sense, lol
The first one you won? Still a first, now congrats
>>
File: etx-2.png (660 KB, 1593x1289)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
Well, everything on the way to Shalour City was out to kill me. Forgot to avoid a trainer on the way back to the Geosenge Pokemon Center with half my team paralyzed, both from my new catch and from a Force Palm Mienfoo. Despite having Light Screen, Dolmayan wasn't able to survive one extra Psybeam, and Huxley couldn't outspeed to end the battle. Almost lost Alea, too, but she managed to break through paralysis at the last moment. fuckin' brutal to lose a starter to a throwaway encounter like this, but he made it this far, at least.

Ran back to get my Route 10 encounter, and thankfully the game lets you access some grass on Route 12. Gamefreak somehow managed to put two extremely vital items for this team in Shalour, being an Eviolite for Gallia and a Soothe Bell to get Turner to Espeon faster. Makes my life easier, at least. Super Training is in my future, and the Reflection Cave encounter to pad out the team a little more. Korrina's got a fairly formidable team in this hack, but it'll hopefully work out alright.

(Ability Capsules being available to buy after the second gym is a godsend, too, since it got me Technician Scyther (with a Swords Dance TM in my back pocket), and HAs seem to be changed in this, so it's nice to know I'm getting Magic Bounce Espeon.)
>>
>>55759876
Eternal X, huh? Good luck, anon
Are you using any trainer documentation to know what you're up against exactly? I don't just mean the bosses, I mean the regular trainers too
>>
>>55759915
Just the bosses. I could probably find a resource if I looked, but I think it detracts from the experience a little...? I can't be bothered to remember the rivals' teams to the letter, though. If anything I'm gonna look into those.

Thankfully, this is just the version with solid difficulty, more interesting teams (like Roller Skaters getting Speed Boost mons) and various changes (like Dedenne getting Pixilate as a second ability, Tri Attack, and better stats, for example). There's another version built to be unfair, like "Diantha has extremekiller Arceus" unfair.
>>
>>55759937
Oh duh, I forgot it had a regular difficulty too (ie Diantha does not have a team of overpowered Ubers)
Though yeah, Buffel Saft's stuff is always a fun time, feels like he takes a lot of cues from Drayano
And then also has his own stuff like Atk <-> Sp Atk swapped Gigalith that shows up in his works
>>
>>55759949
I really appreciate that he gave all the gym leaders from Coumarine on Megas, as well as other bosses and the Pokemon League obviously. Megas were so strangely rare to see on other trainers in the base game. I think it's only Serena, Lysandre, and Diantha, aside from the Korrina tutorial. I always thought Kalos had potential, and I could have forgiven a lax story or low difficulty if the other was good enough to compensate. Not both, though, so it's good to have to think about what I'm doing in this hack.

Ramos keeping his Gogoat despite it only receiving a slight stat change is a nice little thoughtful touch I noticed, too.
>>
File: 1712131449556492.png (250 KB, 1333x689)
250 KB
250 KB PNG
I thought I was prepared. Even after a Confuse Way and -2 accuracy, Whitney managed to get in 4 Rollouts in a row. Weepinbell would've survived the massacre, but she got a crit.
This is the first time in awhile I nearly wiped to her. Luckily she missed and Kuma got the finishing blow on her. That fucking cow.
>>
File: 1703832165658345.png (182 KB, 360x381)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
>>55760083
Oh, this is awkward. While training Hoothoot I found a shiny Oddish. Never used the shiny clause before but hey, never now than ever I suppose.
Anyone got name ideas? I'm going for Bellossom.
>>
>>55760102
If you're fine doing more basic stuff, I'd just say any kind of flower you think sounds right like Orchid or something.
>>
>>55760102
I always name my oddish after weed
>>
>>55760102
Goddish
>>
File: 1705969642332511.png (404 KB, 1345x879)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
>>55760163
>>55760201
>>55760218
Ended up going with Orchid, it's a cute name. Was able to round out the team to six by grabbing some new encounters. Clockwork evolved and solo'd Silver's team.
Despite the heartbreaking losses, I have to keep going in their honor. I've got a hell of a lot of grinding to do, then it's time to kick Team Rocket out of the well.
>>
>>55758121
>>55758154
Alright, I decided to go with Duskull then.
While was I training her up I figured I’d EV train her, ended up giving her 252 HP EVs and 30 Attack EVs. Only took me about an hour so I felt like I made rather good use of that time, should be much more reliably bulky now that she’s fully trained in HP (I used the whismur in Rusturf tunnel for a reliable spot to train HP, very convenient)
>>
Bump.
>>
Just got my gyrados killed by a fucking murkow with a drill peck crit.
I didn't even think it got drill peck this early.
Fuck you Cyrus.
>>
>>55761224
Got my alakazam killed this time to barry's staraptor in the canalave city fight.
Was 100% my fault, I forgot there was a fight here.
Losing gyrados and alakazam back to back really sucks.. Any ideas on who I should swap in? Probably going to sweep the steel gym with gallade
>>
>>55761650
Ok I'll stop spamming the thread but I just had such a bullshit Byron fight and I need to complain about it..
First my quagsire got frozen by magneton's tri attack (thankfully it thawed in time and survived). Then the second I switched into gallade he got frozen by steelix's ice fang.so he was useless the entire fight.
If I didn't bring rapidash as a backup plan I could have lost
>>
The low level cap is once again really nerve wracking. The only reason I defeated Janine without casualties was because I got lucky and got a Fire Stone while grinding before leaving Johto. Evolving gave Lithe the bulk necessary to tank an Explosion.
>>
>>55761650
My opinion would be galade and maybe bibarel.
>>
>>55761771
You beat Lance that under leveled? Respect.
>>
How does one Nuzlocke PLA? Rolling a random number for each named area on the map?
>>
>>55763354
No, the champion team is currently boxed since it is above the level cap. Those 4 are the mons I am using for the early Kanto gyms.
>>
>>55760327
Alright, I’ve battled all the trainers on route 124 and 125, so I think I’ll take on Mossdeep gym now. I know these levels probably seem quite low, but this is Sapphire not Emerald, so I think I’ll be fine. I intend to mainly use Kecleon and Duskull (who will be a Dusclops by then) against Tate and Liza, utilizing a screech - shadow ball combo to take them out as quickly as possible. Hoping to get them both to 37 just off of the gym trainers.
>>
>>55763597
Quick reminder that Surf doesn't hit your ally in gen 3.
>>
File: Availablemonbw2.png (24 KB, 678x303)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
Ok, on my 4th attempt, I've reached the E4 once again. After losing against the champion to the very last mon (still mad about that), I think this time I can do it, though I'd like to ask for advice before that. This is all I have available for the league and the champion, and I have a similar team to before. Also, got Cobalion and Virizion, not fucking around this time. Would you change any mon from the team, or add something else? Shinny crobat needs to be there, though.
>>
>>55763644
Last time, excadrill and krookodile swept three of the four E4, but marshall was quite tough, as his mons are bulky enough to avoid one-shotting them. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Damn, das good.jpg (18 KB, 400x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>55763597
Dang, that was much easier than I was expecting. One shot the Lunatone on turn 1, and then one shot the Solrock on turn 2, both with screech - shadow ball combos. They didn't even have any time to use their 4 hyper potions, or even deal much damage. Lunatone just missed a hypnosis, while Solrock set up a sunny day and then hit Kecleon with flamethrower, which did like 20% even without a resist.
>>
>>55763689
Also, I have a decent amount of unused gems. Does Crobat's acrobatics become affected if it holds the flying gem?
>>
>>55763855
Yes, it gets both the gem and the no item boosts.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (235 KB, 1200x818)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>55753647
Made it past Mt. Moon. Losing Stretch stings, but I can't say I'm surprised. Having 2 4x weaknesses is pretty bad in a Nuzlocke. At least now I can say I've had a Rhydon die in all 3 of my Gen 1 runs. I'm excited to see if Drop and Luka make it far. Also, this si my first time playing Yellow, and I never knew Jesse and James were in this game. What other notable changes should I be aware of that may fuck me over if they catch me off guard?
>>
>>55763644
Is Virizion even good here? Its a legendary but looking at the elite 4 teams I don't see it being that useful.
Cobalion and the pig can already sweep the dark type guy and you're gonna have no safe switch ins on the psychic fight.
I would bring krookodile, pretty sure it can sweep half the elite 4 if you have a good one. Chandalure is also good here.
>>
File: 4th attempt BW2.png (1.04 MB, 1476x1807)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Finally beat BW2. On my fourth attempt, I took out Virizion for Krookodile, since Cobalion already took its role and Krookodile swept over Shauntla and Caitlin. Marshall was still a tough one, and left me three mons in the red, and I had to sacrifice my shinny crobat to keep the team whole.

Against Iris, emboar managed to weaken hydreigon enough to then pivot to starmie and end it with ice beam. Then lapras and starmie had a thunderbolt showoff until lapras was in the red and starmie dead. After that, cobalion went in and did a sword dance while Iris healed, and the battle was done. It swept the rest of the team effortlessly with the exception of haxorus (who took one hit and left cobalion in the red after a crit, that nearly gave me a heart attack). The irony here is that excadrill was not used at any point in the league, I should have used it to save crobat, but oh well, hindsight is 20/20.

With this I've finished all GB/GBA/DS games. On to the 3DS.
>>
File: YXPro.png (42 KB, 507x475)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
Also, the captcha wants to tell me something.
>>
File: 1711231086210437.png (417 KB, 1341x874)
417 KB
417 KB PNG
>>55760281
Alright, the team has been upgraded and four badges acquired. Ciao evolved into Phandrin, one of the cutest ghost types ever. I also decided to bench Orchid since both evo options are currently trash. I was able to get Tangela instead, and once it's evolved she'll be a powerhouse.
>>55764139
Congrats on the win, anon. You really earned that after dealing with so much bullshit.
>>
File: Pokemon_Platinum.png (237 KB, 334x299)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
Hey guys, since I've done my pokemon black 2 nuzlocke, I want to do a pokemon platinum nuzlocke again since platinum is my favourite game but I don't want to lose since every time I do a platinum nuzlocke, I always lose to Juniper. Any ideas?

Also I'm really not good at giving them names but I will try.
>>
>>55764406
Im assuming you mean Jupiter. If you're really struggling that much either pick Chumchar or fudge an encounter to grab Machop.
That fight is a known run ender but Skuntank, despite how scary it is at this point, can't do much to a fighting type. If you're using items, I also recommend grabbing some X items to setup. Her Zubat has Wing Attack so don't lead with your fighting type, and it has Giga Drain so don't lead with something like Geodude. It's a Zubat so you're better off with something neutral like Shinx/Starly to take it out.
Honestly a Staravia with an X item alone could solo that fight. You're all but confirmed to encounter one and it'll be immediately useful for Gardenia anyway.
And don't give a shit about if your nicknames are bad, that's part of the fun. Maybe come up with a naming scheme, like they're all named after their German names or Greek gods or something else you have interest in.
>>
I'd love to say Uno's shitty stats finally caught up to him but his dead was 100% my fault.
I got cocky and forgot all round mons in this game know Explosion for some reason.
>>
>>55764406
I actually haven't nuzlockes Gen 4 before but I'm doing a regular run of Platinum right now and my head is still kind of in nuzlocke mode. I have to say Jupiter kind of underwhelmed me. I assume you mean the first fight against her Skuntank. Heard a lot of horror stories but I cleared it deathless just with a Prinplup and using Growl to be able to tank a couple hits. Just play it smart, don't forget your status moves, and keep on top of the level curve. I will say I only had two mons in use at this point so I was keeping pace with levels easily and that helped a lot. I only started running into fights that would have been trouble in a nuzlocke since I started using a full team and fell behind levelling a bit. So don't over extend yourself in the early part of the game.
>>
>>55764655
What if I don't encounter any of those pokemon in routes first? You have to get lucky and hope you get Starly or Machop first.
>>
>>55764762
The tricky part of the skuntank fight is that crits ignore status drops.
I used a similar strat in my current run where I swapped between two intimidate mons thinking I would safe. Then I got hit by a crit that one shot my mon.
Its not unbeatable or anything but its pretty tricky if you don't have good plan for it going in.
>>55764859
Starly is pretty much guaranteed. You get either bidoof or starly from the lake and then the other one on the first route. Just play during the day so you don't get a kriketot
>>
File: 1685743156209489.png (415 KB, 1339x876)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
>>55764218
6 badges collected and the team is fully evolved now! Kuma, Shaggy and Lee are all fully evolved, and now Koh the Mantine is here instead of Clockwork.
Unfortunately we lost Ursala during the Pryce fight. I got cocky and she got fucked over hard.
>>
File: atomic bonsai.jpg (1.28 MB, 2888x964)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>55752623
6-0 Tate and Liza
I was gaming out of my mind here, that was pretty thrilling
It's an Inverse Battle, and half of Tate and Liza's team are weak to Fire, letting Mega Camerupt do its thing, backed by Arcanine's Helping Hand
We had to keep Claydol around for long enough and out of the way to double down on the other side, but it waking up and using Trick Room complicated things a bit
But Protect was basically a life saver, helping me see what moves are coming next, stalling out Trick Room, giving me some breathing room
I think I did pretty well here
>>
>>55764734
Explosion always makes you suffer for forgetting about it. Shame about Uno, i was looking forward to seeing him at the end.
>>
Monotype romhack doko
>>
>>55761650
Things have been going pretty smoothly since my last post. I got through both the ice gym and the team galactic hq deathless.
Unfortunately once I got to the distortion world I had to sack my gastrodon to give my porygon a switch into Cyrus gyrados.
I'm extremely lucky I got through that fight with only one death as I went in without a solid plan and very few safe switch ins once my bronzong got low on health.
>>
Thinking of nuzlocking a romhack next because I haven't played many.
What's good hack that's a step up in difficulty from the vanilla games without being super tryhard?
>>
>>55766371
Gaia is like half a step up. Early game isn't too bad, but once megas get involved it's hard blind.
>>
Playing XY, and the emulator crashed. I've lost only half an hour of progress, but that's three routes with captured mons. Should I only capture the mons I lost, or start anew with whatever I find?
>>
>>55766722
It depends on what feels more right to you. I would personally catch what i already caught, but they wouldn't be the exact same mons either way.
>>
>>55766722
I would just catch whatever it is you already caught again, even if their stats and stuff would differ a bit
And just save like, basically after every fight
Whenever I play HGSS I always have the 60 FPS/speed up patch enabled, but that has a tendency to crash a LOT, and while I still think that's better than the alternative, it just means I had to save every time I did basically anything
>>
File: Long face wojak.jpg (77 KB, 1008x839)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>55721583
>>55726209
>>55757998
>>55758009
>>55760327
>>55763597
>>55763758
Well, fuck. I'm just learning now that Pelipper cannot learn dive, or even waterfall for that matter. As sad as this is, since she's my oldest team member and has pulled through for me many times throughout this run (I even taught her the ice beam TM), I'm finally going to have to box her and replace her with another water type.
Who do you guys think I should use? I was thinking either Crawdaunt or Wailord, but am open to other suggestions.
>>
>>55767349
Wailord is a great choice. You need a bit more bulk on you team and Wailord will get the job done.
>>
>>55765602
It is probably because it is mostly on mons you'd usually oneshot on normal playthroughs. You really don't get many chances to see the moves on random low level NPC's Gravelers and Weezings until it is too late.
>>
Seven turns of paralysis. I didn't think that was even possible. If it wasn't for azumarril's thick fat, I would have lost horribly. Fortunately azumarril held and managed to survive, but that was annoying. Grant's badge obtained, no deaths so far.
>>
>was excited that I caught a sneasel since I need a good counter to cynthia's garchomp and I had never used one before
>check its stats
> -attack nature with 0 attack IVs, low speed IVs as well
Even with 4x effectiveness and an ice boosting item it just barely one shots. I don't even know if I should bring it.
>>
File: 1684154593338018.png (433 KB, 1330x985)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
>>55765251
7th badge gotten and Giovanni defeated. Only thing left before heading to the league is the Kanto Region badge.
Koh went down as a hero. Instead of going for a water type replacement, I grabbed my Lickitung and evolved it. Lickilord is such a cool evo, I'm glad they went with this instead of something awful like a giant fat baby with a bib. Can you imagine? How embarrassing.
>>
File: reli.jpg (353 KB, 1209x817)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>Sorting through my old 3rd gen cards
>Get a strong urge to do some R/S/E nuzlocke runs but don't have the time right now
>Instead come to /nuz/ to torture myself further
>>
Lost my crobat (which I've had since the beginning) and a gengar on the way to the pokemon league but I'm finally here.
Any advice on what I should bring? The bottom row is my current team but its not set in stone.
This is my first nuzlocke thats gotten this far so I really don't want to fuck this up.
>>
>>55768614
That honestly sounds like a liability to me.
>>55769579
Those would get one shot by today's cards, so you know they're old.
>>55769936
That's a very good question, the E4 have moves that cover their weaknesses on several of their Pokémon, so you can't just pick one Pokémon and easily counter them. Whoever you end up picking, i would level them up to 62, which is Cynthia'a highest level Pokémon. I can reccomend Gliscor for dealing with Flint, especially if you gave it Earthquake
>>
>>55770188
Right now the pokemon I'm definitely bringing are porygon and gliscor.
porygon is choice specs with tbolt/icebeam/tri attack and psychic so its a must bring.
Might bring togekiss for encore cheese and lucario if I have space for it.
>>
>always play those 'hardcore Nuzlocke rom hacks' with 2 Pokemon per route because I like variety and most hacks are balanced super poorly

Is this cheating or should rom hackers learn good game design?
>>
>>55770441
>2 Pokemon per Route
That's actually not a bad idea. I like it better than hacking in candies so you have a new team at every boss at the proper level.
>>
>>55770411
Lucario is always a good choice.
>>55770441
Interesting rule. I don't think it's cheating, but i do consider Nuzlocking difficulty hacks a certain kind of sadism.
>>
>>55770441
A bit of column A, mostly column B
Are you breaking the rules? In a sense
But, if the rest of the game isn't as well designed, like maybe it enforces that you find a super specific 1% encounter to do well early on, then maybe that's kind of nonsense
>>
Blue was a tougher fight'd have hoped for. Now I am kinda worried about Red. Last time that Snorlax gave me a lot of trouble and I am not sure this team is going to fare any better.
>>
>>55771190
Well, i don't think Red's team is all that bad in gen 2 outside of Snorlax, i think your team could easily deal with his team.
>>
>>55772080
Maybe but the level difference is an issue.
>>
>>55772100
20 levels is a huge difference, but i'm bot sure if it matters as much in gen 2, except for Snorlax of course. I'm pretty sure stats are calculated differently here compared to gen 3 onwards, otherwise i can't explain how Electabuzz solo'd Lance in my Crystal run, so you don't necessarily need to be as close in levels as you would in HGSS. Of course, you can always throw on some music and grind at the base of Mt. Silver like i did.
>>
Starting a Storm Silver run, and somehow got a shiny starter on my very first pull!
>>
>>55772080
>>55772244
I am planning on grinding to level 75 but, at east in my experience, the Red fight is one of those fights that are stupid easy when everything goes right but can very quickly snowball into a disaster as soon as something goes wrong. Snorlax paralyzing, Charizard critting or Blastoise freezing your pokemon can completely screw you over if you get unlucky enough. Even Pikachu lowering your attack or Epeon lowering your accuracy may become a problem if they force you to switch at an inopportune moment.
>>
File: 1712241447877776.png (439 KB, 1330x980)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>55768982
About to take on the elite four and champion. wish me luck everyone. this has been a really fun playthrough and i've used lots of pokemon i've forgotten about or never gave a chance.
>>
Would anyone be willing to assist? I am trying to replay Scarlet, but want to use random eggs as my party. Since these new ass games have shit mechanics for nuzlocke runs, I need an Anon(s) to assist in some egg trades.
>>
>>55772436
Good luck From personal experience you should have gone with cindaquil, the run will give you a bunch of water types some like gyarados are sadly just better feraligators.
>>
>>55772502
Good luck!
>>55772588
There was an anon Nuzlocking SV, but he finished and went back to an older run, you might be waiting a while here.
>>
Its over.
I was deathless until the the last elite 4 member but after I accidentally let his bronzong set up 2 calm minds I had no good way of killing it. It took out my umbreon, gallade and porygon.
Also I didn't realize the fight would start the second I entered the champions room (the elite 4 fights don't start until you talk to them) So I didn't even heal up beforehand. Not that I'd have won anyway.
I was so fucking close.
>>
File: 1706514815462945.png (148 KB, 1768x1020)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>55772502
It's over. No deaths. All that leaves is the super boss against Blue, but for now I'm going to take a break (and that requires 20+ more levels of grinding.)
Doodled the team as a celebration. Overall returning to gen 2 was great, and even if things aren't exactly how I remembered, it was a fun time.
>>
>>55773776
Sorry to hear that. There's no shame in losing to Cynthia, she's part of what makes Platinum so hard after all, but it sucks losing on the very last obstacle.
>>55774172
Congrats!
>>
>>55774517
Yeah its really rough, all it took was one little mistake and it snowballed into me losing.
Still pretty proud that I managed to get that far at all.
Last time I tried nuzlocking platinum I lost at Fantina, going all the way like that with a strong team felt really good.
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (259 KB, 1200x903)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>55764059
I was at a good level when I finished the Gold Bridge challenge, so I fought Misty before I went to Bill. That seems to have been the right choice.

Misty's Team:
>Venomoth
2HKO by Drop's Body Slam.
>Horsea
See above. This took 3 turns though, as Horsea paralyzed Drop with Thunder Wave turn 1.

Unfortunately, Alyssa and Drop were both killed on Route 25. I'm gonna grind Charlie (randomization of the Charmander) and Archie (fresh catch) to fill in in the meantime. Hopefully I'll get lucky by the time we reach Vermillion.
>>
>>55774689
Impressive. Losses are a part of Nuzlockes, as much as people don't want to lose, and seeing yourself improve so drastically feels great. Who knows, maybe your next run is the one?
>>
>>55774689
I feel you anon, in my first Nuzlocke (of White 2) I made some pretty foolish mistakes towards the end, lost my starter, lost every answer I had to Marshal, and subsequently, I lost half of my team when facing against him
Still, you should be proud; if you can make it that far, you can do it again, and with better, more careful steps next time
>>
Bump.
>>
File: box.png (53 KB, 318x229)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
Here's a box of lvl 75 littlemons. I'm at E4 in Alpha Sapphire. Rules are no evolution and all fights must be deathless. And level caps and the common rules like no items except held.
I can create a good team out of these guys, but it's not constant. Like a solid 100% strat.
Scraggy is easily the MVP. Shrillish is very good too.
The first major obstacle is Sidney's Mandibuzz. Damn bird has a very good move set (Flying, Ground, Dark attacks). Aron can beat it, but sometimes it crits or Bone Rushes five times. Maybe fast Scarf Electric mon who kills it in one hit, but Electrike isn't unfortunately very good for the rest of the run.

This "project" is far from done, and I was thinking getting "every" 1st stage mon and figuring out how to fit them in a team and beating E4 and Steven. I got this far with the same rule set. I'm very much having fun with this.
>>
Holy fuck falkner gsc is hard with chikorita+level cap. First, some rando's spearow wiped half my team due to lucky crits leaving me only with Hoothoot, Gastly, and Chikorita. Needless to say that fucker critted me again even after all my growls+sleep+berries. Praying I get a geodude next run.
>>
File: Purple Horse.png (3 KB, 160x144)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>Spend afternoon grinding in Mt Silver while listening to random youtube videos
>Suddenly shiny Ponyta
>Fuck yeah a shiny!
>Goddammit its a Ponyta
>Should I even bother catching it? It is not like I am going to use it and my Arcanine is almost ready for Red anyway
>Looks kinda washed out, isn't the shiny supposed to have cool blue flames? And shiny Rapidash looks kinda lame iirc too...
>Fuck it. Shiny clause so may as well!
>Successfully catch the Ponyta
>Go back to the video and mindlessly pressing A, completely forgetting about the Ponyta
>Several encounters later
>Too focused on the video to notice Arcanine's only move with PP is Rock Smash
>Wild GOLBAT appeared!
>Wild GOLBAT used Mean Look!
>Wild GOLBAT Used Confuse Ray!
>Forced to watch in horror as the Arcanine I spent hours training is veeery slowly getting killed by a Golbat half his level
>Arcanine struggles himself to death
>Walk of shame back to the pokecenter to release Arcanine
>See the Ponyta in the box
>A shiny is a shiny, may as well use it for the final fight
>Start slowly and carefully training the Ponyta
>PONYTA is evolving!
>Turns into a majestic as fuck unicorn with purple flames, easily one of the coolest shinnies I've ever seen
>Level up Rapidash all the way to lv75 in a daze
Today was a roller coaster of emotions
>>
>>55775861
>>55775878
I feel like I could probably make it to the league again if I tried but I'm too burnt out on platinum. I don't have the attention span to replay a 30 hour game again straight away.
Thinking I'll either give black a try or play a romhack.
>>
Maybe I'm just a zoomer but I can't imagine playing without rare candies now.
Feels so good not having to spend hours grinding everytime a mon dues or I need to switch my team up for a hard fight.
>>
>>55778450
I go back and forth. sometimes I don't mind watching TV and mindlessly grinding. although that can be risky. but I'm a game like HGSS grinding can be so painful I usually cave
>>
>>55778450
zoomer here, we don't claim such degenerates. Grinding is based and fun (provided speed up). It's a core part of being a trainer and you're a faggot for not doing it. If you don't like grinding, then play it riskier and go underleveled.
>>
>>55778490
I can deal with a bit of grinding when I play a normal jrpg but in a pokemon nuzlocke you have to level each pokemon individually (unless you play a newer game) and constantly train up new mons when one dies it's just way too tedious.
Most jrpgs you don't even need to grind to keep up to the level curve.
>>
>>55778569
>speed up
that's even worse than rare candies, you're also skipping the grind but pretending like you're not. at least rare candy people are honest with themselves.
>>
>>55778450
The thing is, I'm pretty sure the whole Rare Candy thing is for the sake of "content creators" and "streaming" or whatever
If you're just playing it on your own time, just for fun, without an audience and at your own pace, then do whatever you want
>>
>>55778569
So what do you do when you find a Rare Candy on the ground, or hidden somewhere, do you just throw it away because grinding is based
>>
>>55778694
they're to use on any surviving members when you get to the champion's room cause obviously I don't train to the champ's ace's level when I enter the elite four
>>55778638
nah, there's still the risk involved there if you want to get it done in a timely manner. Especially if training on route 45 in johto (with non water or grass mons)
>>
>>55778712
>there's still the risk involved
I mean, not really. You can just rewind or reload a save state if something dies, might as well use all of the emulator's features, right?
>>
>>55778716
No? Why would I do that? Besides, I grew up on shitty free android gba emulators where only 2x speed was possible, none of the other crap. 2x speed doesn't change the difficulty or risk of the game, only the time it takes to beat it.
>>
Does anyone have the level caps for pokemon gaia?
>>
>>55779145
In order from an old reddit thread with a more recent comment.
13, 23, 28, 36, 42, 44, 48, 52
The Elite 4 level cap appears to be 58, while the Champion is 60.
>>
>>55779168
Thanks. Just started it, seems pretty neat so far.
>>
>>55779191
You're welcome, and good luck!
>>
File: mood.jpg (4 KB, 225x225)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>like the "tournamen road tour" aspect of Sword/shield, despite everything
>game is unfriendly af with nuzlock rules and need to be tweaked to hell
disaster of a game
>>
Maybe not the right place to ask this but its the closest I can think of.
I'm wanting to do the ultimate livingdex challenge, catching a living dex and transferring them up as I go ending with Black and White 2. So I need to transfer between GB, GBA, Gamecube, Wii ,and DS. Are you able to do that through emulator without too much trouble?
>>
>>55767349
>>55767393
Quite a bit has happened since I last posted but I’ll keep it brief.
Essentially, I caught a Wailmer in Mossdeep city, taught it Surf and Dive, and then went and explored all of the dive areas in one sitting, as well as route 126, 127, 128, and finally Seafloor Cavern. Despite being underleveled, Archie and co were pretty easy, but I actually lost my Wailmer to a crit wing attack from a wild Golbat. I ended up replacing it with the Relicanth that I was lucky enough to find as my first underwater encounter.
Anyway, picrel is my team at the moment. I think I might just take on Sootpolis Gym now, I might be underleveled but I definitely feel like I have everything I’m going to need to beat the gym without too much trouble regardless. Afterwards I’ll do a clean sweep of whatever areas I have left before the league (which is quite a bit actually). Hoping I can get everyone up to around 42ish for Victory Road.
>>
File: Pokemon_Platinum.png (182 KB, 282x298)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
Today and now I will be starting my pokemon platinum nuzlocke. It will be the same rules as my pokemon black 2 nuzlocke with one exception.

I'm not allowed to have more than six pokemon at a time, I'm only allowed to catch the first pokemon I encounter in an area, my pokemon must not be higher than the gym leader when entering the gym and if I lose a pokemon, it's gone for good.

The new rule I will be adding is I will be naming my pokemon however I'm not good at names.

I will informing you all whenever I get a new pokemon, whenever I win against a gym leader, whenever a pokemon evolves and whenever a pokemon dies.

Pokemon Platinum is my favourite pokemon game and I am ready to begin.
>>
File: 390.png (118 KB, 475x475)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
I used a number generator to decide my starter pokemon, 1 from 3, 1 for grass type, 2 for fire type and 3 for water type. I got 2 so I get the fire type starter which in Sinnoh is Chimchar.

Any ideas as what I should name him?
>>
>>55779602
>game is unfriendly af with nuzlock rules and need to be tweaked to hell
How so? What makes it Nuzlocke unfriendly
>>
I named my Chimchar Fire Kong.
>>
>>55780069
I've heard of trading Pokémon from emulators to the main games, but shockingly never transferring up through emulators. This might be what you're looking for, however.
https://www.reddit.com/user/Porta_14/comments/lxbjwv/guide_how_to_transfer_a_pokemon_through_different/?rdt=54281
>>55780151
Well, you could name him after the myth of Sun Wukong, or start a naming theme like gems, so Chimchar would be Ruby, a Cherubi Emerald, and so on.
>>55780163
The big two issues, imo, are the EXP Share, which can't be turned off and forces you to rotate team members, and the wild area, which doesn't work like a typical route so you need to figure out what constitutes a route or legit encounter yourself.
>>
File: 399-1.png (154 KB, 475x475)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
I caught my first pokemon at lake verity, I was hoping for a Starly but I encountered a Bidoof first so Bidoof is the first pokemon I caught and the second member of my team. He will be useful as a HM slave. I named my Bidoof Dam Nigga
>>
>>55780206
Thanks, it looks like that link covers most of what I'm looking for. Sounds like its going to be a pain but I guess it was normally too.
I could barely find anything either which is surprising. I actually have all the games and consoles still but thought playing on the pc would be a lot comfier.
>>
File: budew.jpg (100 KB, 611x1000)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
I just caught my next pokemon at route 204, it was a Budew and I named him Weed.
>>
File: 396.png (132 KB, 475x475)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
I caught a Starly at route 203, named him Avian. Starly will be useful against the gym leader Gardenia and Maylene.
>>
File: etx-3.png (431 KB, 1200x1193)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
Well, Korrina went well. No deaths, though things got worrying for a minute. Caught and trained a Misdreavus up, just in case, especially with how surprisingly reliable Confuse Ray is, but it turns out I didn't even need to bring her out. Training Turner up to Psychic level with just Bite was annoying, and I had to reset his EVs with a Reset Bag, but in the end I only really needed him for a lead and not for cleanup after a death like I thought.

>Breloom
Has Focus Sash/Spore, so Turner was the obvious lead. It actually used Rock Tomb instead of Spore, which was worrying, but Korrina healed it up instead of attacking again.
>Lucario
A Nasty Plot set with Shuca Berry. Alea facetanked it, though if she'd flinched on its second Dark Pulse after setup, I'd have been forced to either let her die or let Gallia get chipped. Lucky that she didn't.
>Gallade
I just had to switch to Gallia on the Leaf Blade, then SD/Agility.
She proceeded to kill it and sweep Korrina's remaining Pangoro, Hawlucha, and Lopunny. Just had to stay out of Sucker Punch kill range.

Next up is the Lucario 1v1, which is basically scripted, and then I can move on. I'm thinking things over, though. I can evolve Gallia if I want by teaching her Thief and taking a Metal Coat from a Bronzor in Reflection Cave, but I'd also be doubling up on Steel-types and Megas, since I can get Scizorite after Clemont. Should I just box the free Lucario and keep it in reserve? Already did it for the gift Speed Boost Torchic...
>>
>>55777318
Ah here we go. Not sure if having 3 ground types would be a bad thing and Eevee will take a while to evolve (gold not crystal so no evo stones from rematches) but I think it's a pretty solid team.
>>
>>55780578
You need to get him to Gardenia first, and Mars and Jupiter will do their best to stop that.
>>55780941
I forgot you were doing Eternal X forca moment and was gonna ask why you didn't just cheese her with Misdreavus. I would imagine Mega Lucario is better, but you've already invested in Scyther, and i never hurts to keep a great mon in reserve.
>9 deaths
Jeez, it's one of those hacks.
>>
>>55780095
Dang, I lost my HP-trained Dusclops to a crit Water Pulse from Milotic.
Admittedly Milotic was 4 levels of above Dusclops but still, very unfortunate. Just barely made it though by the skin of my teeth using Kecleon in the end. Nor I’ve got all the rest of water routes, the rest of the Trick House Puzzles, and Meteor Falls.
>>
>>55782576
Oh yea, and as you can see I’ve added Snorunt to my team. I think I’ll EV train him before using him against any trainers, and probably get him to around level 35 or so.
>>
>>55782223
ha ha funny you say that anon I have 2 more deaths for next update-- Serena had higher levels than me and I didn't realize going in

still working on training the new members but I'm still 5 strong
>>
Is there any pc before the league? I really don't want to teach a mon Waterfall or force myself to carry around an hm slave through victory road. Crystal version if that matters
>>
>>55748755
you can find them on wild magnemite
>>
>>55782756
No
>>
>>55782839
damn, that blows
>>
you know what, fuck it. Friendship evos before soothe bell are absolute bullshit. Eevee hadn't even evolved before Clair. Don't care that I cheated (changing the clock on my laptop over and over again to get infinite haircuts), it's still a stupidly long system in gen 2 and no stanger on the internet is going to make me feel bad about it. Inbf it gets ko'd by Clair.
>>
>>55782843
Use waterfall on party member that can learn a good tm move. Do victory road. Make your way back to Johto. Fly to Blackthorn to delete. Teach good tm move. Make your way back to Kanto. Fly to Victory Road.
>>
>>55782857
As far as I can tell you can't fly to victory road in crystal, that's a gen 4 thing
>>
Uh where's all the Emerald Kaizo Nuzlockes? The Run and Buns? The Radical Red HCs?
I thought THOSE were the Nuzlocke games
>>
>>55782756
I would think the closest is in Elm's Lab. Otherwise, you just have to suck it up.
>>55782929
Drayano's hacks are bad enough to Nuzlcoke, we're (mostly) not sadists.
>>
>>55782929
reddit is that way sir
>>
>>55782756
Don't listen to those lying bastards. There's one there.
>>
I didn't want to grind too much so I kept my party at level 40 before going into the elite 4. Lance slaughtered most of them. Confusion hax won the day. Umbreon was my sole survivor. I've been pretty frugal with money however so I'm gonna do something funny for Kanto
>>
Red was definitely a lot easier this time. Other than Espeon almost killing my shiny Rapidash, it was a pretty chill fight.
Still, fuck that paraflinching Snorlax. Snore having a chance to flinch makes no sense.
>>
Welp, wiped out to a Rocket in Sanskrit Town. Stupid confusion RNG helped him sweep my entire team.
Started out again with attempt 2, this time with Flambear.
>>
>>55783289
For the low low price of 8888 gamba coins I am now the proud owner of my newest and final teammate ever, Jackpot the Larvitar
>>
>>55784108
>>55784108
>>55784108
New thread.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.