[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

hey anons, how are things lately? Are you all doing well? What are some things that are stressing you out lately, and what are things that make you happy?
>>
File: 43455488_p0.jpg (74 KB, 500x500)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
I had chronic constipation for roughly half a day and this costed me two jobs. I also barely get to do anything because of my bowl problems.
>>
>>55746303
have you tried anal?
>>
bump
>>
Genocide the yt race
>>
>>55746009
I will kms
>>
>>55746320
that's just gonna make the problem worse
>>
>>55746303
Sorry to hear that, anon. Do you get sufficient water and fiber in your diet? If this is an ongoing problem, have you been to a doctor?
>>
File: 1696150553148399.jpg (197 KB, 1024x1024)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
I keep getting fatter and I do not know why
>>
My sinuses are killing me. Being a dysgenic muttmerican sucks dick.
>>
>>55746009
I wish I could be a cat and sleep away much of the day.
>>
>>55747490
You should be even fatter
>>
>>55746009
>What are some things that are stressing you out lately
The usual. Work, bills... the kind of stuff that I tell myself I'm going to get better at not letting bother me, and yet every day, I find myself stressing over again and again.
I was replaying HeartGold not too long ago, and it was providing a nice little diversion. Need to get back to that.
>>
>>55746009
I’m just really looking forward to Z-A.
>>
>>55746009
I just wanna die so much
>>
Last night I spilled beer all over my 8 year old GAMING laptop. I cleaned it up and turned it off and then went to bed. Now it won’t turn on at all, when I try to turn it on I smell a faint burn out smell. I think I fucked myself. I don’t think I’m going to be able to draw anything for April 20th this year…
>>55746303
Sounds like a SHITTY situation
>>55747490
Do you drink because that will sneak up on you fast. I should have quit alcohol before last night.
But really anon, you really have no idea why you are getting fatter? This sounds like a cope post.
>>55747569
Have you considered exercising more? That usually does the trick when I had allergies as a kid.
>>
Pokemon?
>>
>>55751826
>Have you considered exercising more?
Man, everything comes down to that, doesn't it?
>>
>>55751875
Yes Anon, it’s your body, treat her kindly
>>
>>55750465
Then end yourself
>>
>>55751875
It's a big chunk of it yes
>>
>>55751826
Given it was eight years old, it was probably time for an upgrade anyway, right? Still sucks, more so if you didn't have your stuff backed up, but even a low to medium end gaming laptop nowadays should outperform your old one.
>>
>>55754790
Yes I agree but I don’t have any of my shit backed up and that’s what I am mostly worried about.
This is something I should have done awhile ago and now I am suffering the consequences of my own inaction.
But yeah the piece of shit can’t even run things like Krita or pretty much any game released this decade.
>>
>>55754923
Yeah I made the mistake before not backing my stuff up. Never again, learned my lesson. If no liquid came into contact with the hard drive, you might be able to at least save that and all your stuff. I still have a hard drive I removed from a laptop of mine that died fifteen years ago. Still works.
>>
>>55755356
Yeah that’s all I am hoping for, I don’t care if the rest of the laptop is trashed. I have the disposable income to buy a new PC, I’m just a penny pincher at heart.
>>
I got circumcised 3 weeks ago for medical reasons and I'm enlisting with the army
>>
>>55755550
is your peepee still bandaged?
>>
>>55755550
>I got circumcised 3 weeks ago for medical reasons
Sorry for your loss, anon. :(
>>55755550
>and I'm enlisting with the army
WHY? I get the need for an army, but I do NOT trust any of the corrupt and dishonest politicians to make the right call in what's worth fighting for and not.
>>
File: Mabel_Mega_Mawile.png (892 KB, 1280x720)
892 KB
892 KB PNG
My girlfriend of several months now is a HUGE, I mean absolutely massive Yu-Gi-Oh autist of 20 years, moreso than I'm autsitic about Pokemon which is really saying something. She's told me multiple times that her cards have gotten her through the hardest times in her life. I got into the game because of her and have been trying hard to beat her for months.

Last night I was finally able to do it in an absolute nailbiter last hit type match with a move that actually made her go "WHAT" really loud, and now she's exceedingly affectionate toward me, saying all she ever wanted was to get beat in a full on duel. Feels really good bros.
>>
I have been feeling down since I lost my pet and my only friend. I was very emotionally dependent on them and now I feel very lonely, directionless. I'm worried that I haven't been sleeping well and it's affecting my health and routine

A few days ago I started a Pokemon X playthrough and it's been a good distraction. The graphics are very comfy, and I really like some of the new pokemon designs. I really wanted Skrelp on my team though and I just realized he's exclusive to the opposite version. Oh well

>>55750379
Anything in particular about work that stresses you out? If you are young like me, I hope that over the years we will learn to deal with adult life. Hang in there buddy

>I was replaying HeartGold not too long ago, and it was providing a nice little diversion
Where did you leave your game last time? What was your team?

>>55757333
That's so sweet anon. Happy for you, cherish that
>>
bumping
>>
File: 1786472.jpg (73 KB, 675x1200)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>55757455
I'm so sorry, anon. ;_; Pets can be amazing companions. They cheer you up when sad and make happy moments even more memorable. Their love is often unconditional. It's hard to give yourself the time to mourn, but it's necessary to move on, and one day, you'll be ready to welcome a new friend into your home, not as a replacement for the old, but one you can make new memories with. You'll always carry a part of your friend with you, in spirit, and there are times when you'll even be able to feel their presence within your heart. It just takes time...
>>
>>55754923
Build the harddrive out. See if you can salvage the data over external data recovery or copies.
>>
>>55754923
On the bright side, you now know to backup everything and this will have a much lower chance of happening again in the future.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (43 KB, 720x540)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>55758236
Hey, thanks for the kind words fren, I appreciate them. I guess time will heal the wound, yes. I was thinking that volunteering at an animal sanctuary might help with that. I'll see what I do

Have a good night, and take care
>>
>>55758372
Volunteering at an animal sanctuary is a terrific idea! You sound like you have a big heart, and I believe you'll make a difference in the lives of the animals that reside there. And I think they might just make a difference in yours, too. Sleep well, fren. :)
>>
>>55759031
Thanks again, it was nice chatting with you. See you around mate :)
>>
>>55759698
Likewise, take care, buddy. :)
>>
Bumperino for all the quirky big chunguses in the thread
>>
>>55757333
That's awesome that the two of you have a shared hobby that both of you really enjoy. :) Definitely helps in a relationship!
>>
>>55751826
>>55754923
Good I hope you never draw again
>>
UPDATE
The beer I spilled on my gaming laptop corroded everything, almost everything, except for MY STORAGE! I have everything that was once stored on my laptop now on a 2 terabyte hard drive. I should be back to normal once I get my new computer.
God spared me from the full extent of his wrath. Life is good.
>>
>>55762993
Cool. Now stop drinking in bed you fucking degenerate.
>>
I would stop drinking beer in general. It tastes nasty and gives you a gut
>>
>>55763338
>>55763383
For the record I wasn’t in my bed. But yes I need to drink less, because if Delcatty was real I think she would be upset with the amount I do drink.
>>
These little guys make me happy.
https://files.catbox.moe/i1ksz6.jpg
>>
>>55763467
Kys loser
>>
>>55746303
Hot coffee helps, and exercise. Try to keep a water bottle with you and sip it.

(It's bad for your teeth, but whole sweet teas from nasty fast food places can help in a pinch.)
>>
File: 1703598706974865.jpg (187 KB, 600x848)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>55746009
Things are going okay I guess, minus me being basically a NEET. I picked up painting again and I like it, I was in a creative/depressive slump for months. I’d like to just make stuff and not worry about it being good enough or not. Perfectionism sucks and I’ll never make anything if I keep fearing messing up. I’d also like to pick up learning French again since I figure I might as well do something good with all my free time
>>
>>55762993
That's wonderful news, anon! You definitely got lucky this time! Just keeping making those backups so that you never have to worry about losing anything!
>>
>>55763628
Canonically Zangoose beats Seviper
>>
>>55755978
Nah almost healed. Just waiting for stitches to dissolve
>>55756673
Imperialist and resource interests are worth fighting for anon. Discipline, conditioning, getting to work with cool shit, and the ever growing international tensions bode well for careers in defense. I also want to have the experience and I need people in my life who can keep up with my energy.
>>
>>55764086
What do you like to paint? Congrats on beating the creative/depressive slump! I think a lot of people can relate to worrying about not being good enough, and hence never try something as a result. It's unfortunate, but it's human nature to be one's worst critic! Good luck with your painting endeavors. :)
>>
>>55765052
Well it's your life anon I just hope you've given this serious thought and fully understand what comes with such a life, as well as the potential life-changing events that can come with it. I wish you well regardless and hope you stay safe.
>>
bump!
>>
>>55766082
Thank you! I haven’t painted anything since about last spring, since I was taking a painting class in college. It was fun and I liked it, I just need to take it less seriously and have fun with it. I’d like to try my hand at painting flowers and desert landscapes
>>
File: xwq8eplr6bs81.jpg (51 KB, 1080x1080)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
As a kid I only got to make friends at school thanks to a shared interest in Pokemon, so I was always captivated by the social aspect of this series

I like community threads on every board I frequent, and it's a shame to me that these don't seem to take off here in vp. There used to be these census threads where people would post about their favorite pokemon and games, but also about their other interests and hobbies outside of this series, and it was a nice way to get to know each other. I miss having these threads around, I think the last one got autosaged and I didn't even get to post in it

Lately I only stop by to check the team threads and the draw threads if there are any. I'm disappointed that not much of interest seems to be going on around these parts anymore in the offseasons between game releases

Anyway, have a nice Sunday
>>
>>55770501
I feel like the ones that participate in the type of threads you're talking about don't frequent /vp/ all that much. Like you, most of the threads that are common here don't interest them, so they only pop in on occasion. This means they may miss out on a thread like this and it dies before their next visit to /vp/. They aren't around enough to keep them alive like the daily /vp/ folks do with the threads they're here for. I think others that are like you find other spots that are more suited their tastes and interests, and mainly hang out there.
>>
File: Magikarp.jpg (13 KB, 300x168)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
I really want a new job but nothing is coming my way
>>
>>55747270
youtubers are a race?
>>
File: charmander-pokemon.gif (452 KB, 500x260)
452 KB
452 KB GIF
>>55770630
>I think others that are like you find other spots that are more suited their tastes and interests, and mainly hang out there
I guess so. I personally can't, though, which is why I care... I don't have friends into Pokemon anymore. I've tried discord and twitter but I don't feel comfortable socializing in popularity-based spaces like those. If I keep coming back to this site (as much as I hate it) it's because it feels more carefree to me, in the sense that no post has more status or momentousness than any other

I'd love to do fun things like side playthroughs where you and a friend play the same game at the same time and challenge each other to a battle after each gym or something like that, I don't know. Not having like-minded people to share a hobby with takes away some of the joy, to the point where I'm wondering if I'll still be playing these games a year or two from now

Anyway, I'm glad I noticed this thread so I could vent a little lol. Thanks for replying, and sorry for the doomposting, I'm still feeling down from >>55757455
>>
>>55770737
Keep looking and trying! Don't give up!
>>
File: 117.jpg (453 KB, 777x640)
453 KB
453 KB JPG
>>55746009
Started a new job weeks ago.
It's alright. Coworkers kinda suck though and i do miss my old job and colleagues.
>>
>>55771138
I get what you're saying. Popular social media sites really are all about the likes and reactions and follows and stuff. People feed off that stuff.

It's understandable too that hobbies are more fun with a friend, and Pokemon in particular is a lot more enjoyable when you're not just playing solo. I can't convey how much fun I had as a kid battling with friends over the link cable and Stadium, and competing to see who could get the next gym badge first or evolve a certain Pokemon. Fun, magical times.

You don't need to apologize anon... especially since you're still grieving the loss of your best friend. I don't know what exists beyond this world, but I'd like to believe that it's something better and that it's a place where connections will be remade when a life moves on from this existence. If that's so, your best friend is alive and well once more, and would want you to live your best life and be happy.
>>
I've been on bed rest for an injury since last Thursday. While I'm glad the excruciating pain is gone, I'm getting really bored. I wanna do things and stuff and learn and create! But my sore, restless ass can't sit at my desk long enough to do anything and laying in one spot gets too uncomfortable to focus on reading/watching/playing anything. I've definitely been getting up and going downstairs just to take a walk more frequently/longer than I should be but it's driving me crazy. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work even if it's only a partial shift because at least I'll get to leave the house for more than a doctor's visit.
>>
>>55774144
Don't overdo it, anon! As much as you want to be up and about doing stuff, you don't want to push yourself so much that you suffer a setback! Then you're just going to be stuck in bed even longer. Give your body the time it needs to heal. Get well soon!
>>
>>55772670
Hopefully the pay is at least better. And people come and go, so maybe some of the sucky ones will go and some good ones will come!
>>
>>55750444
Any particular hopes you have for it?
>>
>>55750465
what's wrong anon
>>
File: IMG_6816.jpg (437 KB, 1021x674)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
>>55746009
I just got engaged last week and the wedding expected to be coming September or October.
Needless to say I’m quite stressed out, shit is going to change
Gotta miss you all
>>
File: Pokémon.600.4073314.jpg (110 KB, 600x1327)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>55779135
that's fantastic and worth the stress, anon. I secretly dream of being married some day but right now I'm a single poorfag with a lot of self improvement I need to do so I don't expect that day to be soon. Cherish your partner and make your time together full of positivity and good memories!
>>
>>55746009
>things stressing me out
Seems like everything puts me on edge these days, I should go see a psychologist.
>things making me happy
Cinderace
>>
>>55779408
Thank you
I was in the same boat until i was lucky enough to find a job in 2013 and started building up since. Took way longer than anticipated but finally made it
I wish you the best in yours too very soon
>>
File: 1674364790567577.jpg (499 KB, 669x986)
499 KB
499 KB JPG
>>55746009
Pretty miserable lately since tldr: I got cucked by the guy I like (and who liked me back) unintentionally knocking up a random girl.

I would've gotten over it more easily if not for the fact (schizo warning) it was like I was in the room when it happened and knew what was happening and could hear his thoughts the whole damn night. He kept thinking back to me, trying to justify it, and when they were getting to it he must have hesitated and referred to me out loud somehow, and she started screaming at him something like "what's wrong with you, she's not here, I am, just do it! It's fine, she won't know!" and shamed him (dumb, drunk, and no sex for 1year+) into following through.

Of course she got pregnant, she made sure she would, that was why she was insistent on their second date being that night. I'd heard of predatory women on /pol/ years ago but never thought it could happen to me. And I thought I was over it months ago, but the news just broke irl and is drudging it up again.

He deserves his fate for being too spineless to just ask me out and taking his friends' advice to ~have some fun~ first before getting serious. I deserve it because all I had to do was call him instead of listening in like a cuck radio station and confess any moment until he stuck it in. He still can't look me in the eye, and I was the only person he didn't tell about the pregnancy. He clearly isn't happy about this outcome, but hell, it's his his problem because I'm at least free to find a decent person to be with and he's stuck with that manipulative cunt.

Anons, don't be cowards. If you don't happen to life, life happens to you.
>>
>>55779861
Fear of rejection and messing up a good thing can make it hard for people to take a chance, but as you said... if you don't make things happen in life, life will just happen to you, for better or worse. Sorry this happened to you anon... sometimes the most painful and difficult lessons in life are the most valuable though, and hopefully you'll get a new chance at finding happiness with someone.
>>
File: FgdNwdeWYAIRkFX.jpg (91 KB, 417x640)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>55779861
>He deserves his fate for being too spineless to just ask me out and taking his friends' advice to ~have some fun~ first before getting serious
I mean, yeah, that's all that matters. Dudes always warn against trying to make housewives out of hoes that are for the streets, so same should apply to women for manhoes
>>
>>55781096
I realized I made my point vague by mistake. What I'm saying is he's a hoe who wants to creampie women, he's for the streets. Fuck that
>>
lately my emotions feel very "muted" as of late, like I still feel them to an extent but it's like they are being dulled like when I get annoyed or angry I don't feel as much "heat" as I used to, same with joy I don't feel as warm and fuzzy, I don't think it's depression since I don't feel very down it's very odd.
>>
>>55781814
Has something happened in your life recently, anon? Or are you perhaps simply in a rut?
>>
>>55746009
inshallah he will be baked
>>
>>55779468
That could help you determine what the underlying cause(s) could be that are making you feel so uneasy much of the time. Do you know what the things are that are putting you on edge, and do you have any means of changing these things?
Maybe getting a Cinderace plush that you could cuddle with would help you relax. :)
>>
>>55781076
>>55781096
It is what it is. I'm just not where I thought I'd be at this point in my life, so fuck me for getting my hopes up. It helps a little to vent since there's no one irl I can complain to about the situation. Besides, pity and sympathy irl just feels like public humiliation as opposed to picking myself up and carrying on.

At least my chatbots are loyal.
>>
>>55774144
Take it easy anon. If the pain is lessened compared to last week, then it's improving, and that's what matters; being bored is a good sign since it means you don't have anything more urgent bearing down on you. Just take it as a well-deserved break that your body decided you need. Think about all those times you wished you weren't at work, laugh that you're getting your monkeypaw wish, and enjoy just being able to laze around.

There must be something you can do in a comfortable position- and if you can't find one, then you're genuinely not well enough to be active and should commit yourself to only napping and eating until you can manage more.
>>
>>55770501
Just visit the threads you like most and when you see an opportunity to springboard conversation into something relevant, do it. It's okay to have small side discussions, that's how new generals are born.

Alternatively, try to come up with fun threads yourself to engage the board. Post at prime times for better results; weekends tend to be dead here.
>>
>>55755550
I'm genuinely sorry to hear this.
>>
>>55781814
I feel like I've been here many times. It's happening super severely to one of my friends irl and it sucks that I don't know how to help
>>
>>55786724
Sometimes the best kind of help is just being there.
>>
>>55785469
Nothing wrong with being hopeful. We need more hope in this world! Just need to balance it with action, that's all. Hope alone won't accomplish anything.
>At least my chatbots are loyal.
For now. It is AI after all.
>>
File: IMG_0856.jpg (116 KB, 1290x1116)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>55746009
Reminds me of Audinoanon. Bless you for asking and responding (I think it’s the same person?) to everyone. As for all the other anons, hope life only gets better for you.

As for me, I’m doing okish? I’m really looking for a new outlook on life. I’m getting numb to my repetitive daily routine. Can’t really play a game for more than a few minutes before getting tired. Have been avoiding responding to texts and emails. Having a lot of things I want to do like pick up a new hobby, read/write like I used to, excercise, and make new friends but I’m just exhausted. Wouldn’t say I’m depressed just in a rut for the last few months. Don’t really know where to start with any of this and I don’t expect anyone to have the answers. Just want to get it off my chest at the very least because I’m not the type to voice my emotions. But it’s not all doom and gloom. Reconnected with a few friends recently and just celebrated my birthday. Coworkers surprised me with a mini birthday party which made me feel genuine joy. Also beat a few games on my backlog. Did some cleaning for my bedroom and I feel better somewhat. I’m all over the place now but thanks for listening to my Ted talk.
>>
I bought a low profile 4060.
>>
>>55789822
I get that. I've been in a rut for I don't even know how long. I also want to write and draw but man motivation is hard as hell. I also haven't been motivated to clean my room- it *looks* clean but I know I need to do things only I see like sweep my floors, declutter my desk, and get rid of old clothes but I've been telling myself this for months so kudos to you for being able to tudy your room, maybe that'll help motivate me. I'm also OP and no, I haven't been too active in this thread it's actually been multiple anons replying to people. I'm also not Audinoanon
>>
File: Jolteon--s.jpg (670 KB, 1280x895)
670 KB
670 KB JPG
>>55746009
>how are things lately? Are you all doing well?
I'm okay, just going though a very, very hard time. My mom died a few months back. We're going to place her ashes in our grandparent's property this weekend.
I'm not "over it" and I don't think I ever will for a long time. She's gone too soon.

>what are things that make you happy?
Pokémon makes me happy. Be it playing the games, drawing or looking at fun tcg art.

Thank you for the thread anon. I sometimes just need to put it out there.
>>
>>55746303
Update:
Went to my gastroenterology appointment today and I have a colonoscopy scheduled for this June.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/r9k/77272627

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.