[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sk.png (598 KB, 955x706)
598 KB
598 KB PNG
What was your reaction to your first ever shiny?
>>
>>55753007
Confusion, I thought my game was broken. Never really saw the stars. But it was a safari zone seaking that ran away.
>>
>>55753007
My first shiny was a Wingull.
I was confused when I ran into it and caught it because I thought the animation was odd. I remember being afraid of evolving it because I thought it would turn into a regular Pelipper.
>>
File: 041.png (32 KB, 250x250)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>"Holy shit! A shiny!"
Still my reaction of any random shiny encounter.
>>
>>55753007
ignored it and ran because it was a wingull and I was looking for sea route locations.
>>
I was bummed because it was a Primeape.
>>
>>55753007
"Oh really. Oh seriously."
It was a Hoothoot while I was grinding.
Pretty gay. Didn't like that Ash had the evolution so it didn't feel special. Would have liked a shiny in Emerald instead. Like a game I actually wanted one in. I think the battery thing made me never get one in it.
>>
First shiny was a wild hacked Platinum Alakzam. I was using them to EV train but the shiny odds were legit.

Second was a Seaking outside Mt Silver in HGSS. I DELIBERATELY killed it as some sort of weird ego trip on my part. To prove to myself I was above such superficial bullshit as caring about a dumb alternate color palette just cuz it was rare

3rd shiny a Zubat in Meteor Falls while grinding for a Bagon with a good nature

4th shiny a shuckle in cianwood in Silver. I killed it by accident :(
>>
"Ah, nice, a shiny Golbat."

I also remember my middle school friend called me once to say he had seen a golden Machop and thought his game was broken. Back then I also didn't know every Pokemon could have a different colour instead of just that Gyarados.
>>
>>55753007
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zOaX65dY3EmlTrpWZESY4Y3CKni62NOyONli_cfFP2E/preview?pli=1#
tl;dr Chugga did nothing wrong
>>
It was a normal Umbreon while using a shiny only cheat
>>
>"Wait, that sparkles like the Gyarados from lake of rage"
It was a Sandshrew in Union cave in Gold after already having played Silver and knowing the sparkles was a rare thing. I didn't catch it and while I did find more shinies in FR, they were on bootleg carts and I lost them trying to transfer them up to Diamond. Gen 5 was my first non-welfare shiny catch that I was eventually able to keep and it was a Zebstrika, the 2nd Zebstrika I'd encountered on the route and the next encounter after catching the first for the 'dex.
>>
>>55753007
went on a catching spree on route 102 in ruby and was confused at seeing a tanned seedot and just kept it in the pc
>>
It was before I'd seen the red gyarados, so I just thought that female drowzee were purple and ran away because I didn't fight wild pokemon and only used my starter anyway. I've wanted to reclaim it, but I probably never will because I still don't care about hypno
>>
>>55753007
So this was all a planned bit just to showcase shinies right?
>>
>>55753019
I wasn't a retard and knew what a shiny Pokemon was because I could read
>>
>>55753007
"holy shit I gotta catch it"
then I caught it
yay
>>
>>55753286
No one cares
>>
>>55753840
Yet here (You) are.
>>
>>55753845
Just letting you know no one cares about your off topic bullshit retard
>>
>>55753814
I don't believe it's like him to fake something like this. If he wanted to talk about shinies he could have just waited until the Lake of Rage.
>>
>>55753007
I quietly flipped out with joy (I knew for years about shinies but never found one) and I excitedly showed my friends at school the following morning.

Wingull in Diamond. Still have him.
>>
>>55753007
I was extremely happy. Red Gyarados is awesome and the fact i can get one on every playthrough was fantastic.
>>
>>55753007
>I looked away while spinning for rare Pokemon in FRLG
>heard weird sound
>Shiny Exeggcute
>didn't see anything weird as white and light pink are near indistinguishable on a GBA
>catch it because why not. Might as well see if that sound I thought I heard meant something
>>
the first time I encountered a shiny I was at a friends house playing diamond and I freaked out so hard my friend laughed at me
>>
"Hang on that Heracross I fainted last night was purple"

I still beat myself up over it, 20 odd years on
>>
>>55753851
>seething this much over nothing
every time
>>
File: 299.png (4 KB, 120x120)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>HOLY SHIT
He proceeded to be boxed forever
>>
>>55753007
i was happy
>>
It was a shiny Poliwag in gold version, pre-internet times
My reaction was "oh cool, this must be what that NPC meant about 'differently coloured Pokemon'"
I realised every Pokemon must have a different colour version, not just the Red Gyarados
But I felt kind of indifferent because the Poliwag was just a slightly different shade of blue than normal
>>
>>55753007
I caught a mint Whismur without really understanding what I looking at. But I figured that the sparkling animation meant that it was official, whatever it was.
>>
>>55753007
First was a golden caterpie I found while grinding elite 4 to level something in gold. I had nothing to weaken or status it and a single pokeball in my inventory. I didn't catch it.
My second was a pink rhyhorn in victory road of crystal. I crit it and it died.
My third was a shiny muk in some trainer battle of gen 3. I think the battle tower of ruby or sapphire. That one ended up making muk my favorite pokemon because I loved that shade of green.
I actually didn't catch a shiny until my brother found a shiny sneasel in gen 5 I think and caught it for him since he was too freaked out. I've had awful shiny luck but I also have never attempted to grind for one.
>>
I was using an Action Replay to get my favs so I wasn't surprised, Charizard was the most impressive and Celebi was gorgeous.
>>
>>55753028
Had the exact same with a Zubat in Ruby. I saved before evolving it in case it reset. I legitimately just thought it was a glitch.
>>
>>55753007
I was playing soul silver and I encountered a shiny ghastly that I neeeeeeded becasue it was blue. Sadly I killed the fucker and I stopped playing for a week because I was devastated
>>
>>55753007
WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE A ZIGZAGOON?! FUCKING DAMMIT!
>>
>>55753007
I think it was an Electabuzz outside the power plant in silver. Pretty sure I KO'd it.

However, I feel like I'm misremembering how it went down becuase I distinctly remember trying to run from what I thought was just another random encounter and the game wouldn't let me and not in usual "Couldn't get away" style either where you waste your turn trying. It would say I couldn't escape but let me choose another option that turn.

Does gen2 not let you run from shinies? I don't think you can run from the red Gyarados either so that could be it? Either that or I'm remembering wrong.
>>
>>55756426
I couldn't run fro the shiny sandshrew I found in Gold either (it broke out of all my balls and I tired to leave in disgust). Maybe it was an override to ensure dumbfuck kids didn't accidentally lose a shiny.
>>
>>55756438
Ok well if it happened to someone else, my only guess could be that they force you to fight/catch any shiny to force the player to deal with the red Gyarados for story reasons. For the sake of plot, it's defeated or caught.
>>
>>55753007
Meh.
It took me from 2000 until 2013 to find a first random shiny.
>>
>>55753826
Show 1 (one) Singular pokemon game where an npc tells you about shinies
>>
>>55757123
Spoken like a true-blue zoomer bastard. Kids back in Gen 2 days had a print industry to educate them, same as they learn about the world around them through the internet today. When guidebooks introduced red Gyarados (because everyone was trying to leech off its successes), they then went on to explain shinies, which the anon you replied to claimed to have read prior to finding his own first shiny.
>>
File: 8 47 am oct 19 2013.png (35 KB, 1366x770)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>55753007
Emulator but legit shiny but it was before you get poke balls
>>
>>55753007
I got a Shiny Poocheyena in a romhack but I think it was one that had boosted odds or something.
I’m a statistical anomaly, been playing mons for most of my life and it took until PLA for me to get my first shiny in a real game, it was a Wurmple.
>>
A shiny Geodude, IIRC.
>>
Not counting Gyarados or Haxorus, shiny Heracross in XY from breeding.
>>
>>55757197
a guide book is not a game anon
>>
>>55757662
>I wasn't a retard and knew what a shiny Pokemon was because I could read
And where does that say "i read it in-game". You being a zoomie cunt does not preclude kids learning through supplementary material the backstory, lore and mechanics of the games and world presented in previous eras, where the internet wasn't as prevalent or even considered as anything but an interesting distraction.
>>
>>55757123
In Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, during one of Jacq's biology classes, he mentions "the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild is 1 in 4000", which is an inaccurate approximation compared to the true standard chance of 1/4096.
>>
>>55757698
I asked for a an example where an npc in game mentions what a shiny is, not a guide book.
>>55757719
Ok, ty.
>>
>>55757719
>inaccurate
That's how rounding works though, under 5 round down, over 5 round up. Yeah, odds are more 4100, but when you're dealing with thousand units, you can get away with rounding down whole figures. The fact shiny charm, sandwiches/academy specials and outbreak KO's all modify the odds to varying degrees kinda trivialises "1/400 or 4100" chance anyway.
>>
>>55757123
G/S/C has a girl at the lake saying she saw a pink Butterfree once. Now you could argue it's an anime reference but shiny Butterfree does have pink wings in gen 2. There also another trainer in GSC that claims that Pokemon that are different color than usual are more valuable. Both of these trainers are only available after you encounter the red Gyarados so there's your hint that there are more like it.

Pokerus on the other hand has no clues to it whatsoever until you bring an infected Pokemon to a Pokemon center. Nobody hints towards it.
>>
>>55753007
My first game was HG/SS. For a little while during that playthrough I just thought that's what Gyarados looked like, and that it was a special Pokémon hence the sparkles. Clair busting out a blue one confused the fuck out of me.
>>
>36
>never gotten a shiny
thats my reaction.
>>
>>55757726
I also think someone in Gen 7 tells you about different colored Pokemon but cant seem to find any source.
>>
>>55753007
Took a couple years away, after 45 minutes one of these popped up. Was first one. Super neat.
Didn't count the Red Gyarados in Gen 2.
>>
File: Knight Swagger.gif (860 KB, 500x377)
860 KB
860 KB GIF
Red Gyarados in Gold was technically my first shiny, but in terms of random ones, I ran into a green Wingull in Ruby while playing the game at a doctor's office and jolted in my chair when I saw the color/sparkles. I wanted to scream "Oh my gosh," but I didn't want to disturb the other patients.
And because I have a feeling the image was meant to bait out discussion regarding the Chuggaaconroy situation, I just want to say that women are bitches and whores, trannies are spiteful sociopaths, and Werster the literal cuckold should kill himself after his most recent attempt at stirring shit up backfired on him.
>>
File: gjjjjjjjj.jpg (17 KB, 486x532)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>55753007
My first shiny I ever saw was a krabby in Pokemon Rumble, and I just thought it was a thing exclusive to Rumble
>>
>>55757197
Trying too hard.
>>
>55757843
>being this young
No more (You)'s. The world underwent a paradigm shift since the 2000's. You're just a by-product of it.
>>
>>55758176
Meant for >>55757843
>>
>>55753007
confused since the fucking game never tells you
>>
>>55753007
I though it was kinda neat, but also kinda annoying with how long the animation took. Wasn't awear of the EVs, just though it was a cosmetic thing. It was also a Caterpie, so I didn't really use it even if it being gold was an improvement.
>>
Grief. A shiny zigzagoon before you even get pokeballs.
>>
My first shiny was a Nidoran-F in Gold back when it the game was current. It's been so long that I have no recollection of what my reaction was.
I know I was smart enough to understand what it was, it may or may not have been after the Red Gyarados.
I know I was dumb enough to never evolve it beyond a Nidorina and it ended up being boxed after a while.
I know that she died when my save battery died a very long time ago.
>>
File: oak.gif (77 KB, 335x335)
77 KB
77 KB GIF
>shiny Sneasel in Gold
>it's fucking pink
>convince myself that it must be good since it is special and found near the end of the entire game
>level it up all the way to 100
>use it in Stadium 2
>It's complete shit and contributes nothing, especially in Round 2

Dark is Special in Gen 2. Sneasel has 35 special attack. I am not sure if I even knew that. It took forever to get Pokemon to lvl 100.
>>
>found a shiny sunkern in gsc
>ran away from it thinking it was a glitch
>ask my sister what it was
>she explains its rare
>proceeded to spend two hours to find another one
Yeah that was a good memory
>>
File: 1701543334355.png (15 KB, 256x256)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>oh shit a shiny! my first shiny!...
>...
>...what the fuck...
I just say I caught a shiny Sneasel in Go because I'm too ashamed to admit what my first shiny was, even if it was on emulator.
>>
>>55753007
"ok"
>>
My first ever natural shiny (since playing since inception) was Crabrawler in Sun.
>>
File: spongebob-caveman.gif (34 KB, 220x233)
34 KB
34 KB GIF
>>55753007
Something like pic related
>>
>>55753007
"wtf is this gay wooper?"
I didn't know shinies were a thing.
>>
>>55753007
>Pokemon Crystal
>Shiny Growlithe
It never really clicked in my head how special it was, even after catching the Shiny Gyarados.
My next shiny would come in the form of a Shiny Snorlax from Fire Red. Only then did I truly see the value in it after looking it up online.
>>
>found shiny zubat in fire red as a kid
>"oh it's green"
>box it immediately and never think of it again

I caught a shiny houndour in pokemon pyrite (crystal hack) and I was pretty happy. I only caught it with save states because they know fucking roar at level 6 and have an absurdly low catch rate for whatever fucking reasons.
>>
>>55759944
Oh hey, that was my first shiny too!
I named mine Smiles (:
>>
Shiny Pichu in Platinum when I was like 12 years old.

My dad was making breakfast while I was in the living room a few feet away from him and he yelled for me to keep it down when I found it.

Unfortunately it was an autistic “canon team” character playthrough and the OT name says “Lucas” on it instead of my name, but I still have it as an Alolan Raichu in my Bank.

I recently told my dad about shiny Pokemon again in my early 20s and he seemed kind of impressed. He’s convinced there’s a lucrative market for digital goods as his understanding of trading Pokemon online.
I guess with people selling shiny Pokemon over Ebay, that’s kind of true
>>
It was a shiny Budew in Diamond. I traded it to my flipnote hatena boyfriend to show how much I cared about him.
>>
>>55753007
Shiny Golduck in Black 2
I was shocked, happy, nervous about KO’ing it, and also disappointed because... it’s Golduck
>>
First I can remember was a shiny Pidgey in HGSS which I used for the rest of the game. Also found a golden Magikarp in Platinum which enraged me, since I couldnt evolve it.
I found a shiny Magby in Crystal from the shiny egg. Later found another shiny Pidgey in FRLG on an emulator which was neat, and those are the only ones I remember
>>
>>55753019
Confusion for me as well, but because
1) It was a Zigzagoon which isn't drastically different from the original, easy to see in the current games but unfortunately:
2) It was on the classic GBA so that lack of a backlight meant I couldn't really discern the colour difference
I also wasn't paying a lot of attention to the game at the time so I thought it had used some held item like a Leftovers or something, so I tried to catch it but only had 2 Poke Balls and a Great Ball on hand and my team was an overlevelled Marshtomp and a couple freshly hatched Mon with useless moves. Alas, I couldn't catch it and wouldn't realise it was a Shiny til years later. I always kinda kicked myself in the foot over it until 2013 when after beating the League in X I went through Route 1 due to a lack of a Fly user in my team for the League and sure enough, came across a Shiny Zigzagoon. Felt like I'd redeemed my failure all those years ago.
>>
>not a single person understood this was stealth thread
>>
I’ve only encountered a shiny once and it was a Shroomish in Sapphire and that was my first time ever encountering a shiny and I thought my game was just bugged.
>>
>>55762556
I did and someone else did near the top. I just don't care
>>
>>55762556
>not a single person cares about ecleb drama
Based, fuck eclebs and the wankers that follow them.
>>
>>55762556
There's really nothing to say other than he's innocent anyway
>>
>>55753007
it was a linoone in emerald, it was the first thing I encountered there so I just thought it could be orange sometimes. Used him on my team though, he was a good mon, later I found out it was shiny but my game was lost by then.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>55753007
my first shiny was a Golbat in FR. i was 12 and i thought the color was gross so i killed it. didn't know what i'd done til years later. the only reason i even found it memorable was because of how gross the color was.
>>
>All these Zubats and Golbats
Kinship
I've caught a Shiny Zubat in Crystal and a Shiny Crobat in PLA. Just need a Shiny Golbat to complete the set, lol
>>
>>55753286
What the fuck happened?
>>
>>55753007
I thought it was another form or a new pokemon. It was a green Marill in Ruby, I used to catch anything that seemed new to me, and I got it. I searched for another green Marill for some minutes before searching why was it green on the internet. Curiously, I've encountered 4 shiny Marill while playing gen 3 several times, and it's the only shiny I encountered more than once, not counting scripted ones.
>>
>>55763621
I read the whole thing by now. What a fucking idiot he was for getting involved with females. Thank fuck most of the yters I watch just do their own thing.
>>
>>55753119
>I think the battery thing made me never get one in it.
You can still get shinies with a dead battery on those games. Sometimes, you just get unlucky. I haven't found a shiny in a long fucking time despite making tens of playthroughs in gens 3 to 5.
>>
File: Spr_3e_316_s.gif (7 KB, 64x64)
7 KB
7 KB GIF
>>55753007
>What was your reaction to your first ever shiny?
"A GULPIN, SERIOUSLY???"

I was doing a Grass run of Emerald and didn't want to capture anything but Grass types, and lo and behold I get my very first and only shiny so far. I felt like it was a waste not to capture it so I caught it.
>>
>>55763686
Gulpin is cool though.
I wish Swalot was better.
>>
>>55753007
He's Dead
>>
>>55762556
Oh, we understood, but stealth drama threads are fucking retarded and OP is a faggot for making one. I’m glad this thread actually took the question at face value and ignored the drama.
>>
File: K Den.gif (951 KB, 500x384)
951 KB
951 KB GIF
>>55762556
I did, but there's nothing left to talk about, aside from the elephant in the room that is Werster being super-close friends with a girl who kept trying to seduce older e-celebs as a kid. Chugga's innocent, Masae is a two-faced cunt, "Lady"Emily is a spiteful sociopath, Antdude is pathetic, and Werster is a cuck, a faggot, and quite possibly an actual pedophile.
>>
I was like 11. It was a pidgey
I didn't realize what it meant and kept going. Shinies wouldn't matter to me until gen 3, even then I wouldn't really look for them until like gen 5
>>
>>55764215
And Tim is a real one.
FUCK Werster though holy
shit. what happened to that guy? he used to be based.
>>
File: 1517687508444.png (442 KB, 606x608)
442 KB
442 KB PNG
I never encountered a real (not counting Red Gyarados) shiny until I was playing X in 2013. I had been playing Pokemon since Sapphire in 2002. X was also my last Pokemon game since it was so dogshit I stopped buying Pokemon games without researching what they're like first.

I went back to White 2 and caught a shiny Audino, so all is well.
>>
>>55764215
The only real question left is whether Chugga gives up the ghost here or continues to put out videos despite the reputational damage I was getting ready to unsubscribe from him before the drama, but I think I'll stick it out. I subscribed back in 2009 so it'd be a shame to get rid of something that antique.

I wish shiny Pokemon weren't made twice as common. It makes them less special. Not that I care about nu-Pokemon since I only replay the good (3 - 5) gens and Pokemon Showdown nowadays.
>>
>>55753007
I've never gotten a shiny. I prefer the original colors for most Pokemon anyway, because most shinies don't fit the typing and that bothers me.
>>
>>55764215
Don't forget
Lady Emily coming back to twitter to wish Cadicus well since his wife has cancer and then having a sock puppet come and yell out her to make Chugga look bad or that she lives in a Reddit that sucks her ass now and bans anyone who disagrees
>>
File: yj67bcw3hmv91[1].jpg (27 KB, 1437x527)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>55764392
Types don't have one color. Look at Water - you'll find Water types of every color. Luvdisc is pink, Ludicolo is brown and green, Kingler is orange, Seaking is red, Tapu Fini is purple, Seel is white, and Pyukumuku is black. Sure, blue is /the/ dominant color among Water type Pokemon, but Octillery doesn't look more "Water-like" when it's red instead of yellow-green.
>>
Why is the "I thought it was a glitch so I turned the game off/killed it/ran away" story so common with shinies?
>>
>>55764451
Pokemon is mainly played by young kids who don't know any better.
>>
>>55764418
My autism doesn't follow logic, but it also depends on the Pokemon. For Octillery, the shiny makes sense because the color looks like the camo goldish-green on a tank, and there are octopuses with that coloration. Unlike most, I like green Espeon because it makes sense for a Psychic type to look like a Martian. They either "fit" the typing or the design (in my mind). On the other hand, green Teddiursa and Ursaring or pink Sneazel just look wrong and out-of-place. The Pokemon you listed work for the most part, too; the fish Pokemon have colors that coral-dwelling fish have in real life, crabs like Kingler can be green, etc. If I can see a "logic" there, I can appreciate the shinies, but I'll always prefer the original colors. No idea why shinies bother me so much.
>>
>>55763611
In general?
A month or so ago, a tranny got mad at a reddit post speaking positively of Chugga, so it leaked out of context screenshots to make him look bad, then he started getting dogpiled by others making him out to be a creep. He released this doc a couple days ago, which clarified this was a settled matter before the trannie got jealous, he and Masae were engaged, and pointed out the Lawly logs were from a different era and she was the instigator. Tim is a GOAT friend, Jon might, MIGHT, be in the doghouse currently, and Emile's GF is a keeper.
I don't remember my reaction, but my first shinies were Onix and Fearow on the Battle Zone, i think both on the same day actually.
>>
>>55753007
Very excited. Got a shiny Skrelp when I first played Y, and used it on my team. I still have it to this day.
>>
>>55753007
Magikarp in Emerald I fished in Sootoplis when Groundon and Kyorge were fighting I wish I didn't my copy of Emerald stolen :(
>>
File: 1712527885032669.jpg (76 KB, 650x629)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
I wonder what it feels like to encounter a shiny outside of scripted events
>>
My first, proper shiny was an Audino in Black.
I don't remember my response beyond excitement and that little dude put in work.
Wound up trading it to someone on /vp/ because i wanted to start a new file and didn't want him lost to the void. Wonder if the anon who got him still has him?

>>55764618
Play a current gen game and you drown in them though.

>>55764500
You forgot
Twitter cancer being all "live and let live" now while still making backhanded remarks that Chugga was still "bad" and not innocent and keep treating what he did like a huge crime and not just an autist being unable to read people snd other autists being retarded about it
Also, I saw Tim mention deleting a tweet thst sounded like he finally made a few harsher statements, anyone know what the tweet was?
>>
File: Pink Celebi.jpg (578 KB, 1284x1206)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>>55764618
I'm still holding out for my first non-event shiny legendary. I remember a friend of mine getting a Shiny Kyogre in HeartGold back in high school, and everyone in our immediate friend circle thinking it was the coolest shit ever.
>>
File: Strawberry Elephant.jpg (518 KB, 1204x1378)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
>>55762599
I like green, yellow, and pink shinies. The only bad ones are the ones that barely in color like Gengar and Garchomp, IMO.
>>
>>55764618
It depends on your level of depression. Almost all the random shinies i've found were "Huh, neat", even the first shiny I ever found, Chinchou in pokemon gold, was "Oh weird". The most exciting shiny I ever got was in BDSP while chaining for Eevees, and it was exciting for all the wrong reasons because they ruined chaining in the remakes and made it frustratingly difficult for no good reason.
>>
>>55753007
I killed it.
It was a Tentacruel and my day was ruined
>>
>>55753286
>simps for trannies
>not long after a tranny attacks him
Gotta love it.
>>
>hunting raikou in crystal
>mindlessly running from everything else
>realize that farfetch'd was different
>ifuckedup.jpg

Accidentally ohko'd the red gyarados with my overleveled typhlosion's ember without saving since like 2-3 gyms prior too. Technically that was first, but scripted encounters you knew were coming don't really count. The next shiny I saw was a wingull in sapphire and my sister got a gulpin in ruby.
>>
"oh wow look at that CATERPIE!"
>>
>>55765152
Tim was upset because both Werster/Lawley and Emiy have no desire to end the conversation in a way that lets everyone move on. Their refusal to take any responsibility and need to be the 100% victims means the lolcows will stir up the fire forever. People even want to blame Emile despite him staying not to harass anyone. The people shitposting at Werster/Lawley and Emily aren't fans of Chuggaconroy, they're LOLCOW hunters who smell blood and know that if they keep poking the people who won't back down they might get something good. Unironically Emile is 100% apologize and break bread with these people and do whatever humiliation ritual they ask but again, all they want is Emile to DIE so they won't because if they break bread with him they won't get that
>>
>>55753007
Oh fuck you. (it was a male combee)
>>
File: 1708199569169134.png (1.22 MB, 989x819)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>55753007
It was a Machop of all things, so I just 1 hit KO'ed it. No regrets, I've always hated that wimpy looking little shit.
>>
>>55753007
Some unown in platinum, don't remember which one
>>
>>55753035
zubat was my first shiny as well
>>
>>55753007
I was playing Silver and found a Rattata that sparkled like the Red Gyarados. I thought it was a glitch and caught it to show my friends.
>>
>>55765758
My first was chinchou too, but in SS. It was during a commercial break for either iCarly or Zack and Cody.
>>
>>55753007
Unown in ruins of alph HGSS, i don’t even remember what letter it was cause I accidentally deleted the save like 5 years later when I started a new playthrough
Same file had a Steelix and a Machamp too
>>
>>55764412
His name is Dalton. He’s not a lady
>>
>>55762556
I noticerd, and that's the best part. Anyone who cares about eceleb drama can fuck off to Twitter or Reddit.
>>
File: 1704977572615618.jpg (41 KB, 680x611)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>55753007
NOOOO I KILLED IT
>>
>>55753007
playing FireRed I had no idea what a shiny was (even though my retarded ass had met the red gyarados), I just knew this horsea for some reason was shot out stars so I lobbed many balls at it full health because I knew something was up with this pokemon.
Then I noticed the star and different colored banner on its profile and how it continued to shoot out stars on battle entry. It took a moment to notice the colors were slightly different. I simply thought I caught some rare, super secret pokemon and wasn't sure if any other person knew about the special rare Horsea
>>
>>55753007
I genuinely thought goomy was piss colored and got excited when the purple one showed up immediately after
>>
>>55753007
it was a hoothoot in gold
i went to the bellsprout tower and ran out of pp
i didnt know struggle so i turned off the gameboy
and i didnt save before
>>
boomp
>>
>>55764412
source on the sockpuppet claim? You have me curious now.
>>
>>55765717
wtf i've only seen thumbnails of strawberry elephant
>>
>>55753007
>shiny bellsprout
>you are now conscripted into my nuzlocke team
>put into box and never use it in run
>have a bipolar breakdown and burn your dslite and all your game carts
it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>55771889
Goldensaber69. It was an account made entirely back when the Vic Mic VA controversy occurred. It's 100% the typical white guy larping as a black guy and just retweeting and posting on controversies
>>
>>55753007
Emile needs to kill himself. That's the only real way he can take accountability.
>>
>>55753007
Got me into shiny hunting despite only having an emulator at the time.
>>
>>55753007
"About time, god damn". It was a Golbat in Soul Silver
>>
>>55757698
they said "npc". for someone that's complaining about others not being able to read you're particularly bad at it yourself
>>
I've admittedly never encountered a shiny during all my years of playing. Not sure what the odds of that are.
>>
>>55753019
this but it was because it was a roaming legendary latias in sapphire, I thought that was how it normally looked
>>
>>55753007
I remember playing emerald and running into a shiny poochyena as my first shiny. i had played gen 2 in the past, but not very much of it, so i had forgotten about the concept of differently colored pokemon at that point, and instead my retard child brain thought the game was for some reason rewarding me with a sparkly golden poochyena because I had just traded with someone for the first time ever on the school bus literally just before encountering it
>>
>>55763611
Chugga has a really weird obsession with tranny feet (bought shoes for people, asked for pics and sniffs), and he had to jump through a lot of hoops to explain his actions.
>>
>>55773866
Why didn't he just say he has a thing for tranny feet? You summed it up in one sentence. You'd think it would make him a hero in this day and age.
>>
>>55753035
Literally my first non-gyarados shiny as well. At the time I had forgotten shinies were even a thing. Trained that shit to a crowbat.
Then my black friend stole my R/S/E games and I lost it.
>>
>>55773901
no then he'd be called a chaser, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't with them
>>
>>55773866
I thought he had an obsession with paws, he seemed really into the notion of the pawpad wallpaper in AC was made by Isabelle's paws. As a pawfag myself, I feel betrayed.
>>
ive never found a shiny before
but i finally got my first pokerus in bw2
>>
>>55753007
*Sees a shiny Registeel*
Mmmm... tasty mint chocolate ice cream!!!
>>
File: Flutter_mane.jpg (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
> lets slap feathers on misdreavus and call it a new pokemon !!!

paradox mons were a mistake. this was my first shiny wild encounter aside from red gyarados in johto games, and it had to be a stupid paradox pokemon. so disappointed i couldn't even care less to catch it.
>>
>>55753007
god we're never not getting these threads without any hint of subtlety

anywho, my first reaction was confusion. i played pokemon on a flashcart and i'd been no stranger to glitches that gave me bad eggs or created weird graphics, so i first thought that the shiny i encountered was just a glitch with the color palette (it was a buizel, so your interpretation of that may vary)

i figured at the time 'i'll catch it and if it fucks up my save i'll just back it up.'
it never did and then l learned what shinies were for real and felt relief that my game wasn't gonna combust
>>
My first was a Smeargle in Gold/Silver. I didn't even know what it was, KO'd it, and wondered why it didn't give me more EXP
My first I actually caught, after hearing about what shinies were online, was a Silcoon in Ruby. I weakened it with Poison Jab, and it caught poison, so I guess I learned nothing from the first time
>>
File: 1713771463450.jpg (50 KB, 500x500)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
First was a Starly before you get Pokeballs in Platinum. Later that same playthrough I got a shiny Golbat, who joined my team. I evolved her and still have her to this day.
>>
>>55772167
""""Lady""""Emily, pls go
>>
My first shiny was a swinub in Gold.
Dumbass 10 yo me didn't have any pokeball, so it became a lesson to never ever forget balls.
I never got my revenge, though.
>>
>>55762556
>>55762589
>>55764215
>>55764302
>>55764370
>>55764412
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dSlDAH2xn1jeXIZaINoGCvmXxowc62Wk/edit
>Little Lad Emily can vouch it's real
Chugga bros...our response?
>>
>>55775130
>Some fag organizes everything and tried to theorize based on context they can read
Can retards just let this go already?
>>
File: First Shiny.png (1 KB, 376x264)
1 KB
1 KB PNG
>>55753007
I specifically remember wondering why this one was blue.
Figured maybe it was a glitch or something, think I missed the Shiny animation, but figured I'd catch it anyways.
Kids at daycare loved it. "Anon has a black Camerupt!"
>>
>>55753007
Anxiety. It was a Geodude in Pokemon Heartgold. One that I KNOW had Self Destruct. And it Kept busting out of pokeballs. I managed to catch him though and named him "Goldem"
>>
the only shiny i ever got is a fucking squirrap
>>
>>55775239
>theorize based on context they can read
Isn't that what we're all doing and I mean, Emile did fuck up:
>Feet roleplay with someone you barely know with what is essentially your brand account is fucking stupid and cringeworthy.
>He's still blaming a minor for seducing him; like he was powerless to her.
The Emily shit is nothing, but lawly shit is worse given that his target audience is also children or adult autists.
>>
>>55753007
Holy shit followed by holy fuck because they gave goddamn Lairon roar
>>
>>55753007
Had a shiny geodude in my Diamond team when I was around 7yrs old. Had no clue what shinies were and didn't really understand how rare they were until a friend pointed it out to me when showing off / trading mons in elementary school. My memory overall of that playthrough is hazy.
>>
>>55777312
same, first shiny was a geodude or graveler in Diamond. i didn't know what shinies were and i didn't really think anything of having a yellow geodude
>>
>>55753007
I never got a shiny in the wild (as far as I can remember)
Only shinnies I ever had was in SM when doing SOS chains and it was just meh.
>>
File: Spr_2s_130_s.png (4 KB, 56x56)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>55753007
I thought it was just another instance of rpg makes boss a different color and was not impressed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.