[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unbound-screenshot1.png (120 KB, 935x807)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
Is this the greatest romhack? Will we ever get the Cube Corp update?
>>
>every major battle is forced gimmickslop all the way to the end
It could have been so perfect without this garbage
>>
CovidVaxDex is the greatest rom hack though.
>>
>>55772448
The main dev said that he is slowly working on it on the discord, new gen 9 moves like ice spinner and supercell slam have been teased. No ETA though
>>
File: unbound hall of fame.png (62 KB, 1304x651)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>gym leader gimmicks get old pretty fast, half of them are basically "you're not allowed to use types that beat me :^)"
>E4 is more gimmick shit and also forces you to build a team for both doubles and singles
>story is dumb and the characters are retarded, still better than the average Pokemon fan game at least
>some puzzles like the cube space maze are pure cancer and necessary to progress in the game
>missions were a cool idea on paper, but most of them are grindy fetchquests like "hunt for Combee for three hours"
Those are my main complaints, but otherwise I enjoyed this hack. Really impressed by the amount of effort that went into this. There are so many features in this game it's almost overwhelming. The game corner revamp was my favorite.
>>
>>55772448
I dropped it after beating the normal type gym. It's definitely an impressive hack but I realized none of the important battles would just be a normal battle without any gimmicks involved. Also too many forced multi battles with the Staraptor guy who I did not care for at all.
>>
>>55772758
It's still worth playing for the route design but I agree about the gimmick battles and multi battles.
>>
>>55772584
meh I'd rather have a new romhack
>>
Overrated garbage. Yet still the best rom hack out there. Says a lot about pokemon fan games doesn't it?
>>
File: 1626297051063.png (253 KB, 437x600)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>55772955
Yeah I just did the
>you can only use ice and fairy type and we're gonna spam steel and poison
quest and ALL the battles are doubles so I had to train a whole new team
I really REALLY love the level cap system though makes exp all okay and also allows experimentation with teams like shitters who have brief moments of excellence. I used that traded quacklet/swana for a good chunk of the game
>>
>>55772552
Agreed, Quarantine is the best.
>>
>>55773258
If this is overrated, what do you consider a good hack to be?

inb4none
>>
>>55772584
Appreciate this anon thank you! The Discord is so big that's it's daunting to look for anything like that, I'm looking forward to it.

>>55772540
>>55772646
>>55772758
>>55772955
>>55773260
Yeah I do agree the gimmicks can be brutal, I've played it twice on Expert and once on Insane and each time I felt I had to add some new members for certain bosses, especially Mel and Big Mo.....
I "hacked" in the God Scanner so training up new members is painless, but remembering to catch the right ones each run is still annoying.

>>55772646
Cool team anon! The double Mega's tricked me up for a second.

>>55772552
>>55773307
I might as well play it now since it's in the postgame. Never been a big fakemon guy but some of them look really cool and the idea of a blind run sounds refreshing.
>>
>>55772448
>Is this the greatest romhack ever?
No, Radical Red is the greatest romhack ever.
>Will we ever get the Cube Corp update?
Maybe
>>
>>55773988
Also the bird milf Alice, my first run-in with her gave me flashbacks to running Emerald Kaizo blind.. now I don't fight her without a Minior, Delibird, and Onix in reserve.
>>
>>55774011
RR was actually my favourite until I played Unbound. Still a very close second though, the gen 9 mons do give its own edge though.
>>
>>55772646
>fangame
>has the original pokémon in the dex
Worthless, what's even the point
>>
>>55772448
> Is this the greatest romhack?
Maybe second to Clover
>>
>>55772646
>"hunt for Combee for three hours"
lol, did you not realize you could just get the combees in your team while doing that quest, as they have honey gather skill?
>>
>>55773988
a blind run of coofdex is recommended
the only problem is that it is easy to make a terrible team compo
>>
>>55774445
Fangames with normal Pokemon are better than fangames with fakemons. The point is to have a new POKEMON adventure, not digimon or diseasemons or shitty mememons.
>>
>>55774571
That's alright, just part of the experience, might help the challenge out too.
>>
>>55775113
Real
>>
>>55772448
Clover is better
>>
File: s0jmpjye3kh91.jpg (23 KB, 322x316)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>55772448
Clover AND Reborn better
>>
>>55779192
>That 9head
Eiichiro Oda....... i kneel.....
>>
>>55772758
this guy has the worst possible matchups against the fairy type villain and you have to fight him together like 5 times i swear
>>
>>55773258
Fuck off newfag. There is one hack and one hack only.
>>
Is there anything more annoying than Cloverfag showing up in every romhack thread uninvited?
>>
>>55780794
Nope
>>
>>55772448
The funny thing about all of this, is that the story used to be far worst;

Here's a hint, if Arceus have a major role in this, yet you failed to involved any other monsters of the creation mythos (namely, the spirits of the mind and the dragons of creation), you fucked up.
>>
i havent played it yet
can play this on a 3ds?
>>
>>55781693
If you have it on a GBA flashcard, you could.
>>
>>55781773
thx
>>
>>55781693
>>55781773
you can also directly inject it as a VC title, it runs natively on a 3DS
>>
>>55781879
>>55781773
does anyone have a prepatched game?
i want to try putting it in my r4 but i dont have access to my pc right now
>>
>>55781879
This is what I did on my hacked 3DS, just look up New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

>>55781888
Someone linked one recently in another thread but it seems the MEGA link is down.
In that same thread I gave some instructions on how to patch it on mobile: https://arch.b4k.co/vp/thread/55585522/#55589662
He still could couldn't get it working so I just did it myself right now and I think he forgot to update the file extension after patching the file. Marcrobledo's online patcher adds ".txt" to the end after ".gba" for some reason. You need to cut out the ".txt" for the file to function correctly. Also probably best to rename the rest of the file to "Pokemon Unbound" just for aesthetic reasons lol.
Godspeed anon.
>>
>>55781888
Have you not heard of Pokeharbour before????
>>
>>55780794
>op asks if this is the greatest romhack
>some people prefer other romhacks
What did you even fucking expect?
>>
How'd they get the gen 4/gen 5 music working so well on the gba? It almost has the quality of the original tracks
>>
>>55784022
all that music is transcribed in midi out there, it's just a matter of adapting it to the gba soundfont. I'm pretty sure there's tools that make it easier. other people have adapted the music, I like this guy's
https://youtu.be/_28UoXANtxo?si=QRh9LijjTvrV31kO
>>
>>55772758
>>55779700
Least he got a huge glow-up in 2.0
>>
>>55783724
thanks brother
>>
This game was shit
>>
>>55784428
I still think you should just patch it yourself, Pokeharbour seems legit enough, but with pre-patched roms you won't always know if they're the most up to date version or if they used a bad rom dump.
>>
>>55772448
yes it is
>>
>>55772646
>gym 1 fog that can be defogged by a ducklett you get
use lucario to beat
>gym 2 anything but dark takes damage over time except the game also gives you a magic guard clefairy right before
use clefable to beat
>gym 3 flying types have tailwind
use bulky ice/electric to beat
>gym 4 inverse battle
use ghost types (mismagius/gengar)
>gym 5 electric and steel have levitate
just spam heatwave to win and some fighting moves
>gym 6 heavy pokemon are faster
reuniclus can sweep solo
>gym 7 types change based on your first 2 moves
do whatever lmao
>gym 8 devolution lol
do whatever lmao
>e4 and champion 3 doubles and 2 singles battles
just make a decent doubles team because the singles battles aren't hard. you have access to 500+ pokemon git gud
>>
>>55785555
I should add, at least Unbound tells you the current version straight up
>>
>>55785654
You can ultra-cheese Mel with a combo of Sticky Web Vikavolt/Ribombee, Toxic Spikes Nidoking/queen/Roserade, then Hex spam with Gengar
>>
>>55772448
I have very mixed feelings about Unbound, on one hand, I definitely appreciate the effort they put into the game but on the other the game is really boring and bland, the story is really shitty, there's so much padding in it as well, many features are questionable and honestly the game having so many doesn't do it any favors, it just feels overwhelming and directionless. On a last note, the gimmicks you're forced to put up with in battle, they fucking suck, just straight up, limiting player options and often forcing you to play with disadvantages isn't fun, for as much as I hate Reborn, it honestly feels like that game handles battle gimmicks way better.
>>
>>55785790
https://pokemon-reborn.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Field_Effects
reborn has literally 18 gym leaders an elite 4 and champion that all have teams geared towards the terrain that gives them an unfair advantage magnitudes worse than unbound. what are you on about?
>>
>>55785801
I'm not gonna pretend Reborn's fields are balanced or well designed, but they're much more dynamic, they're very much meant to emulate some of the fights in the anime were the terrain affects the battle, it's interesting coming up with strategies to deal with the fields because they work both ways, you can exploit them as well, Unbound on the other hand doesn't let you use certain types during some gym fights, sometimes trainers get +3 boosts just because and there's quite a few fights in the story as well were you're forced to fight in doubles with a partner that's designed to screw you over.
>>
File: maxima.jpg (104 KB, 840x794)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
I'm playing this for the first time and getting absolutely buttfucked by this bitch, I can't even take out one of her team and I'm only playing on Difficult
>>
>>55781669
dev is a gen4 fag, that's why bunch of graphics are from ds games and look billion times worse than gen3 stuff, shitnnoh was a mistake, so many shitty designs, like that fucking monkey starter, ugh, so repulsive
>>
>>55786248
Post team
>>
File: box.jpg (250 KB, 996x732)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>55786408
These are my lads, mostly all at the level 40 cap except a couple who are still 36. I guess I just need to diversify a bit, maybe get more Steel and Poison types and a bulky normal or water, idk. I don't really know what I'm doing. I went in with Sandslash, Toucannon, Hariyama, Butterfree, Gardevoir and Gabite and got skullfucked brutally
>>
>>55786554
Sandslash-A, Gardevoir, and Toucannon are probably fine, Hariyama is only really good for her Empoleon I imagine. Gabite is also at a disadvantage to the multiple fairies, but holds its own against Empoleon, Delphox too somewhat but it has coverage for Gabite.
I think Gengar or Crobat could help you out a lot here, maybe drop Butterfree to check whatever's still giving you issues, sorry Butterfree :(
Good luck anon! Maxima's theme is one of my favourites in the game
>>
>>55785790
>it just feels overwhelming and directionless.
This. That's what made me drop it after some gyms. There are so many things that at some point it seems like playing a Pokémon emulator and not a story driven game.
>>
>>55787387
You gotta beat 3-4 gyms before the story reallg starts to take off
>>
>>55786283
Bait
>>
>>55779192
I waited for like, over 8 years for Reborn to finish, now that it did I lost interest lmao. One day I'll get back to it.
>>
>>55787387
So you're complaining that there's... too much content?
>>
>>55787387
the best part of unbound is the side content and miscellaneous things to do in-between gyms because the actual story is hot garbage
>>
>>55774468
>>55778826
>>55779192
>>55780026
not with their self inserts,sneed retard.
>>
>>55791238
Clover has self-inserts? Crystal Clear moment
>>
>>55791277
>Crystal Clear moment
qrd?
>>
>>55791294
no need to explain, no worth it.
>>
File: cc-e4.png (38 KB, 512x309)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
>>55791294
Crystal Clear's E4 is gone and replaced with ShockSlayer's friends with himself as the champion. The E4 is still challengable in a Battle Simulator and in the Underground Arena, but it just doesn't feel right.
No offense to them but I'd rather fight martial arts muscle man and, ninja dad, and shitmon enjoying milf than whoever the fuck they're supposed to be.
>>
>>55786554
Did you destroy that mega slut yet anon?
>>
>>55774445
You only like fakemon?
>>
File: box2.jpg (181 KB, 606x552)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>55792845
Still getting BTFO. I went back to the drawing board and started leveling some new guys. Maybe Toxic Spikes Drapion, maybe Thick Fat Mamoswine, maybe I'll train a bunch of Alolan Golem and go full Jihad. I'm not good at this team building stuff, but I don't want to lower the difficulty like a pussy. It said the Difficult setting doesn't need EV/IV training so I should be able to solve this eventually, hopefully
>>
>>55794362
t.bh ev training isn't that big of a deal to do in this. the trainer house in the first gym town has trainers that give specific evs and also money, so you can grind some evs that way and use the money you get to buy vitamins from the 4th gym town.
>>
>>55794362
I think you're on the right track, lots of good mons in this pool for now and later. Her Wigglytuff lead alone is tough with Huge Power and Elemental-Punch coverage coverage.
Poison/Steel hurts most of her team, but the rest counter those types hard is all I can say now.
>>55794455
And like this anon said, you can grind up some select mons in Dresco Town and buy EV berries in Fallshore City, but yeah in Difficult it looks like bosses barely utilize EV's, minus like one mon lol.
>>
Play PokeEmblem
>>
File: win.jpg (240 KB, 1120x654)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>55795506
Finally got her, thanks bros. Didn't want to do EVs since the difficulty isn't designed around it, but I pulled it off after like 12 tries. Didn't even use Mawile and Gengar just got knocked out instantly. MVP was Golem taking out her faggy Empoleon with a Galvanized Self-Destruct, that stupid penguin caused me more grief than her mega

Really fun hack though
>>
>>55795962
Good shit anon! Glad you're enjoying the hack. At this point most of the really annoying bosses are out of the way like Alice and Mel imo (they're hellish in Expert at least). One tip I'll give for later is keep an eye out for heavy/tanky mons, godspeed anon.
>>
>>55772646
>>story is dumb and the characters are retarded, still better than the average Pokemon fan game at least
is it though?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.