[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

KEK
>>
a pokegirl thread died for this
>>
>>55785169
Bro looks like the frankenstein monster
>>
>>55785174
exactly the type of person to defend dexit
>>
>>55785169
> fans
> they ask a paid shill
Kek did anyone believe Joe is an "organic" fan?
>>
If you consider that more ambitious games like PLA and SV might not have existed if it wasn't for dexit, then it's not the craziest opinion anymore. It was hard to justify after SWSH though because the game still sucked and the models were barely changed.
>>
>>55785169
I wonder if that is even his genuine opinion
Its indisputable that they couldn't keep adding every Pokemon to every game forever, but what makes it 'worth it' instead of being a necessary evil? Because we got updated textures and a handful of new models a generation later?
>>
Back Off
>>
>>55785169
Would’ve been worth it if they had used it to remove most of the legendaries and gut powercreep but they didn’t
So instead we get a game where Landorus T exists but theres a 90% chance your favorite starter doesn’t
>>
>>55785169
He isn't right, but he is a real fan
>>
>>55785169
He looks exactly like the kind of "person" that bootlicks gayfreak
>>
>>55785169
looks like the bugs in anus were definitely worth it for him
>>
>A comprehensive list of cut pokemon whos absense ruined my playthrough of SV:

Yeah it turns out that you don't need to use your "bro" in every game.
>>
>>55785297
>my

>your
>>
>>55785206
>SV
>ambitious
>>
>>55785169
It's time for another Pokemon fansite. He's gotten too complacent.
>>
Most stable switch pokemon games discussion
>>
>>55785337
Fansite era is dead. The internet is dead
>>
>>55785337
I'm honestly surprised he's still going, now that he's in his mid-30's and married. But apparently he never went on a honeymoon and took his laptop to his brother's wedding because he's too afraid he'll miss the latest news, so he'll still be doing this when he's 60.
>>
>>55785330
it was ambitious. ambitiously bad
>>
>>55785330
>claims to be anonymous
>gives himself away by using his own art
>>
>>55785169
What an ugly motherfucker
>>
>Dexit was worth it
>Sword and Shield onward are some of the worst games they've produced
???
>>
how can someone be involved in web development so long and keep a website looking like he does
i mean it's not bad for nostalgia's sake but i can't really imagine zoomies using it much
>>
>>55785169
what an ugly face
>>
>>55785169
In what way was it worth it?
>>
>>55785169
He should be beaten with hammers.
>>
>>55785206
>PLAss
>ambitious
>>
>>55785169
Dumb
>>55785174
>>55786370
>>55785391
Post face
>>
File: 1683766916350970.png (1.77 MB, 1280x720)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB PNG
>>55785169
dexit defenders are retarded. pokemon has proven over and over again that they could easily stuff all of the pokemon in one game but choose not to since they can easily sell you back old pokemon in dlc. that's literally the only reason for it.
it wasn't an "artistic" decision or whatever. beta sword/shield shows cut pokemon right in its title screen so it was clearly a decision made pretty last minute.
>>
>>55786578
>since they can easily sell you back old pokemon in dlc
the pokemon are free
>>
>>55785237
Yea this was the biggest issue. The 400 mons gen 8 gave us were dogshit and made the game feel like crap. The dlcs helped a lot but then immediately ruined everything by adding back in ubers and genies and shit.
>>
>>55785196
>only handsome people prefer crunch in video game companies
>>
>>55785315
>my

>COCK

>DESTROYS

>your

>QUIVERING BOYHOLE
>>
>>55785169
humiliation ritual
>>
>>55785206
You could have the proper main games with the full roster and have PLA on the side.

What is crazy is that you still hold onto your zero-game despite SV having all those glitches.

>>55785237
>>55786608
That was never going to be the case. YOu had 5 years.
>>
>>55786604
lol this is bait but i'll take it
obviously you're a fucking retard for believing this, but even so, let's take this at face value
okay, so the pokemon can be traded and transferred to people without the dlc. it's true. you technically do not need the dlc to get those old mons back.
but let's think of this from a non-autistic point of view: realistically, how many people are going to transfer in these old mon without owning the dlc? it always comes out at least a year after the main game so the chances of someone doing this for a postgame with nothing to do is extremely low.
what it is is a fucking marketing tactic. look at the trailers of all the dlc released. each one focuses heavily on featuring old pokemon. it's for your average player to go "Oh shit, it's my boy x!"
need more proof? they literally made specific trailers for both the legendaries returning in SWSH and the starters returning in SV. yes, you don't need the dlc to get these pokemon, but you're a retard or baiter if you think they aren't using the old mons as a marketic tactic. so yes, they're selling them back to you. they withhold a thing, then put it into a dlc and go "oh you can get this old thing in the dlc now!"
>>
>>55786608
Your last point is the best point; when the Ubers level legendaries and their supporters came back, everything was undone.
Overtuned legends ruin every metagame, change my damn mind.
>>
>>55785330
I would genuinely argue it was ambitious. The problems with SwSh largely consisted of a lack of effort, but I think the issues with SV was Gamefreak biting off more than they could chew. They tried a graphical overhaul. They tried an open world game. They tried unique characteristics and animations for every pokemon in the overworld. I don't think they had the skill or time to pull it off, but they went for it.

That being said, I don't think Dexit had any affect on their capability to try that. And if it did, I don't think the end result was worth the sacrifice.
>>
>>55786608
genies are crucial for a healthy meta
>>
>>55785169
>Its actually real
>>
>>55786644
> the issues with SV was Gamefreak biting off more than they could chew.
That makes the game bad anon.
You have to know your limits.
Dexcut aside, an issue they have with 3d is that instead of trying to perfect a single style they change it every game.
>>
>>55785330
How does it feel that Meowscarada mogs your fagcatty?
>>
>>55786699
>That get
I KNEEL
Delcattyfag on SUICIDE WATCH
>>
>>55786699
>>55786709
Judt report that AvatwrChud and ignore it
>>
>>55785169
the holocaust was worth it!
Haha I said the thing!
>>
>>55786661
Yeah, I don't disagree. They still failed. I just think they actually made an attempt this time. What they really need is to admit their current team just isn't up to it and bring in some passionate new blood with the technical skills to compensate for what they currently lack. Which I assume is easier said then done in their work culture since it would probably mean showing disrespect to the old guard or something.
>>
>>55786831
Either that or scale back to what they can actually do well.
>>
>>55786831
they just need to swallow their pride and outsource the development. it's clear that they no longer have the skill nor the passion to make a great game. GF can refocus itself on just design and merchandising, and then get Monolith Soft or some other studio to help with environments and coding. even Nintendo EPD didn't make BOTW on their own.
but, why would they when they still make in record profits? nothing will change as long as people keep buying these games.
>>
>>55785196
He defended SwSh like his life depended on it
>>
>>55785206
>ambitious games like PLA and SV
>ambitious
Holy mental gymnastics
>>
They brought Pokémon “back” as DLC...
Dex cut was a sham. If they’re really committed to limited rosters then do it.
>>
>>55786626
The only thing 4 inches destroys is your self-esteem, go back.
>>
>>55787268
I want him to destroy me, hahah...
>>
>>55785169
Wasn't this the guy who wrote to TPCI, "on behalf of all the fans", apologizing for the attitude of those who criticized the pokedex cut?
>>
>>55785169
Joe is like a Mossad agent but for Pokemon
>>
File: joeymerricku.png (239 KB, 713x767)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
>>55785169
Kneel now for bugs in anus, complain on Twitter later.
>>
How much do you think he earns per month, anons? Certainly 4 digits, right?
>>
>>55787886
3 digits
>>
>>55787886
he only earns random gifts from TPC
his shit site gives him little money

he bought a tiny little single cake for his GF's birthday
that's how poor he is
>>
How many pokemon can be used in SwSh in total?
>>
>>55788216
He must earn some $$$ with those ads. I'm betting it's a 4 digits income, otherwise how would he be able to live like this for decades?
>>
>>55786644
I agree with you anon. They clearly tried after years of doing the bare minimum.
I'm actually looking forward to the direction the series takes now.
>>
>>55785174
He got those elephant-man genes
>>
>>55785169
What did we get to make it worth it?
>>
>>55785171
Good
>>
>>55786635
No. Game Freak had 5 years to make Dexit worth it, and they failed. all they gave us was reused models and N64 graphics in SwSh, a game that barely even works in SV. And a stale unfun meta dominated by the handful of new minmaxed shillmons with 3 in 1 abilities along with the same OP Pokémon that have already dominated for years
Meanwhile the only starters that are guaranteed to return are the KANTOOOOOOO starters, while others will only occasionally show up will a few like the Johto starters who constantly get the shit end of everything will never show up again.

>>55788782
Fucking nothing
>>
>>55788281
>I'm betting it's a 4 digits income, otherwise how would he be able to live like this for decades?
he once begged people on twitter to turn off their ad-blocks to "maintain his site". I think he doesn't get much but he's severely autistic so doesn't even try to get a real job
>>
>>55788840
I don't blame him, I'm sure running a large site for years adds up, even though I love my adblock
>>
>>55786619
>crunch
>gamefreaks
They are lazy on a scale that make negroes look hard-working.
A gamefreak's employee's "crunch" is a a regular salaryman's day off.
>>
>>55787224
They did though.
you had 5 years.

>>55788816
>Game Freak had 5 years to make Dexit worth it, and they failed
The new policy is for all games, not for an arbitrary set of 5 years.
5 years is the time you had to undestand what they announced and you still can't do it.
>>
>>55789066
KYS chud
>>
>>55785169
What did we get in return
>>
>>55789229
Some of the best Pokemon games of all time.
>>
>>55788840
that's good
I wouldn't want to be a slave for the rest of my life
"real jobs" are awful

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.