[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3059.jpg (408 KB, 750x501)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
Any romhacks I can try out? So far I’ve tried Gaia (pic related), Unbound, Gold 97 Reforged, Polished Crystal, and Vega (Viva Las)
>>
Insurgence
Though I should say, the game presents as being edgy in the tutorial but then never approaches that level of edginess again. The writing is also pretty r/Pokémon tier.
But the game itself is pretty good.
>>
>>55786261
fool's gold
>>
>>55786261
Blazing Emerald, Quarantine Crystal, and Glazed have all caught my eye recently.
- Radical Red
- BW3 Genesis
- Prism
- Drayano hacks [and Altered Platinum]
- Buffel Saft hacks
- Dio Vento hacks
>>
>>55786502
^ignore everything this anon says
>>
>>55786300
This has caught my eye too, so many crazy new designs.
>>
File: EcigIUDU0AAg-1D.jpg (34 KB, 355x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>55786506
>>
>>55786261
If you liked gold 97 reforged you should check out its sister hack, super gold 97. It's more based on the actual Spaceworld 97 aesthetic and uses the actual beta sprites. It's great and even has an extensive postgame. Not difficult by any means, about as hard as a mainline Pokemon.
>>
>>55786261
Play Clover
>>
File: 13523535235235.jpg (96 KB, 1066x599)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>55787000
UPDATE THE 2.0 VERSION NOW OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES
>>
>>55786261
Radical Red is the greatest Romhack ever created.
>>
>>55786261
emerald rogue is worth a play even if you're not particularly into roguelikes, imo.
>>
>>55786261
Reborn
>>
ain't no way these goofy niggas saying radical red's good like it's not the biggest load of dogshit ever shat out by the rom hacking community.
>>
>>55787546
What's your favorite romhack?
>>
>>55786286
Bump for Insurgence, I still haven't fully played it but the custom Megas and Deltas are so hype.
>>
>>55787000
>Play Clover
Not OP but the reason I never played it was because I was never a fan of meme dialogue and obvious fakemon. Would you be willing to sell it to me?
>>
I hate when hacks try and add every single pokemon into an existing game.
Like how the fuck do you fit in gens 1-9 into kanto without it feeling like a huge mess? Radical red does look fun but that approach really puts me off.
>>
>>55789492
What Radical Red does well is
>separate encounter tables for day/night with the ability to change the time at will
>dexnav with instant search + a code you can put into Red's gamecube that makes all Dexnav mons seen and instantly searchable
Some mons are still late game though, so I just use codes to spawn them in early ever since my first run.
>>
>>55789094
Romhacks are free, anon.
>>
>>55789492
RR is overrated but for better or worse it does one thing really well and that's being a massive battle sim from start to finish. Basically all gameplay and none of the route or puzzle design and such
>>
>>55790099
Patreon is NOT free.
>>
>>55786261
Crystal Clear. The character customization and sprite injection + changing your Pokemons palletes with the Pokedex is like making custom shinies.
I would hack in rare candies for the grinding though, maybe some vitamins to compensate. Otherwise it's just openworld grind simulator...
Also the E4 being OC's is cringe but whatever
>>
>>55790099
>Romhacks are free, anon.
But my time is limited Also I can't tell if you were just joking but I meant sell as in tell me what do you like about the game so that will influence whether or not I download the game.

>>55791301
Also I've been wondering where do you anons get your custom sprites from? I have no talent in art and just want to entertain the idea of getting my own sprite made.
>>
>>55786261
Fools gold is a personal favourite of mine, mons from gens 1-3 have completely revamped designs and types in ways that don't play off their original theme at all. It is mostly just the vanilla gen 2 experience with a few new areas up until postgame, but its a personal fave of mine and the only romhack I've ever come back to.
>>
>>55792288
At the bottom of this oage click "Public Template" and you can see all the sprites uploaded for CC: https://inject.sigkill.tech/injector/sprite
Hope you find something you like :)
>>
>>55792838
>At the bottom of this oage click "Public Template" and you can see all the sprites uploaded for CC
Ok that's really cool I wonder if there is something like this for other games?
>>
>>55787000
That piece of shit is hard as fuck.
>>
>>55786261
Pokemon Empyrean.
>>
>>55794632
Is it? I'm playing it right now and it seems pretty reasonable. No worse than your average drayano hack. Do you mean it's hard to nuzlocke?
>>
>>55786261
Sienna is the most balanced game I've played.
It really does feel like a real game. It's also short, you can beat it in under 25 hours.
>>
ROWE and Emerald Rogue.
>>
>>55791218
>patreon
You're thinking of Shockslayer
>>
>>55787529
Tranny game
>>
>>55795042
Both his sites are already nuked.

poclo ones are still active.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.