[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: monke.jpg (53 KB, 554x554)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
As time goes on it seems that the concept of a pokémon's "type" gets more and more vague, and trends associated with certain types are being broken in recent gens.

For example, now normal gets regularly paired with types other than flying, non-legendary pure flying types are a thing, ghost types don't need to be actual ghosts, dragon types don't need to look like traditional dragons, etc.

So how long until they start introducing bug types that are not based on actual bugs/invertebrates in general?
>>
>>55789199
We’ll get a computer bug Pokemon that’s Bug/Electric eventually. Maybe a “natural” enemy to Porygon
>>
>>55789199
Shuckle is based on snake wine and snake charming in jars. It’s basically a snake/lizard creature.
>>
If Normal was only limited to mono-types and flying types, it would be worthless.
>>
File: Arceus-Bug.png (112 KB, 512x512)
112 KB
112 KB PNG
>>55789199
>So how long until they start introducing bug types that are not based on actual bugs/invertebrates in general?
>>
>>55789234
That was beta Shuckle. Final Shuckle pretty obviously had its conceptual basis shifted to a scale insect instead, albeit with some remnants of the original snake concept kept in tact.
>>
File: 0754Lurantis.png (1.64 MB, 2254x2254)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>55789199
Henlo~
>>
>>55789199
>dude let's make a subwoofer cockroach
god, fanartists were a mistake.
>>
>>55789199
Well, Accelgor is supposedly based on a mollusk, which have absolutely nothing to do with bugs or anthropods. I am also a bit worried about types becoming vague, although this franchise started with a good degree of arbitrary decisions such as an electric rat or a grass-type giant frog.
Btw a spidermonkey is the best idea I can think of for a Normal/Bug poke. Another idea I have is a monkey beetle (based on a real beetle) and a bug parasyte taking control of a normal creature.
Good fanart.

>>55789200
Not a bad idea actually

>>55789234
Umm, ackshully, it's based on endoliths, which are not bugs but I understand the reasoning behind it

>>55789428
This must be a joke cuz the whole gimmick of Arceus is being able to become every type it created

>>55789803
This was kind of a joke actually, similar to sudowoodo: pretending to be something that is not. She is based on a real bug btw
>>
>>55791203
>the actual animal literacy of pokefags
it's a literal spider monkey dumbass
>>
>>55789234
Correct, serpentine enough that Lucy THE snake trainer uses one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.