[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712861122905489.png (530 KB, 1000x1000)
530 KB
530 KB PNG
Trying something new edition!

Discuss Trainer OCs and further your designs/writing behind them through discussion with others. Be cool, be cringy, be creative, just leave your ERPing at the door.

>Thread question: Has your OC ever done any volunteer work? Working at a Pokemon Day Care, cleaning up a local park or route? Was it their choice or were they dragged along by someone else? Did the experience do anything to shape the Trainer they are today?

>Thread task: Draw a new outfit for another OC!

>/tog/ artfaggotry
https://mega.nz/folder/hKggRQbD#kPCbp_-Ae68nbR9cYIuRcA

>/tog/ writefaggotry
https://pastebin.com/ZdM8Hpnx

>OP template
https://pastebin.com/CNs7J7L1

>I don't know how to make a character!
Brainstorming ideas and dice rolls:
https://pastebin.com/5BA85WPK

>I don't know how to draw!
AI-generated content:
https://pastebin.com/BR0sac53

>I want to learn how to draw!
Drawing tutorials:
https://pastebin.com/6pdqaJ3m

>Previous Thread: >>55796921
>>
File: 1540500434756.jpg (170 KB, 747x521)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
Hitmonchan used Mach Punch!
>>
Last thread was super productive and fun! May the sun shine down on your creativity as we strive to make the most of today as well.
>>
>>55821454
Yeah, whatever they said.
I'm updating the archives. I'm gonna go back and start keeping track of which thread tasks we've used so we don't double up anymore.
>>
>>55821401
Samefagging for feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience.
>>55812855
>>55812913
>>55813032
>>55813050
>>55820872
>>55820946
>>
>>55821472
What’s the issue with doubling up?
>>
File: 1549143498759.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>55821512
Nothing at all, really, but it might help brainstorming for future threads. Knowing what isn't new helps narrow down the topics that haven't been discussed yet, and it allows our lurkers following along on their own (I SEE YOU, STOP SLOUCHING IN YOUR GODDAMN SEAT) to continue working on their ideas in private.
>>
>>55821500
>Darius
Cool concept and storyline. I like how it ties back into Alex. Masquerade balls aren't obsolete. Rich people like to do extravagant things to have fun and it can make something like a regular fundraiser a lot more digestible and fun. It's your stage, set it however you want. During their battle, would other Trainers like Cynthia and Steven not try to intervene? Or would they maybe focus on evacuating everyone from the ball?
>Alyssa
Keeping with the edition of this thread, try and write her out anyways. Good stories usually have character diversity and I suggest you shouldn't worry about the oversaturation of Mawile users. It's not like there's only a handful of Mawile in all of existence. If a Mawile user is what works for your story, so be it. On that note, same goes for
>Andrew
If you're worried that your villain character is too similar to other existing villain OCs for being villainous, well that's just a bit silly. It's okay to be inspired by others and have somewhat similar character archetypes. Try giving Andrew some key differences to set him apart from the others if you're so worried about it.
>>
Jiminy Kricketot, I forgot how unbelievably bloated the old OP template was. Actual whiplash suddenly getting blasted in the face by that torrent of text.
>>
Has any of you OCfag fellas used Skeb to request art of your OC and stuff?
Or commission art of it at all anywhere else.
>>
>>55821545
IM AT MY FUCKING JOB, NOT MY FAULT I DIDNT GET A FREE DAY
>>55821811
I kind of want to see that template to see the monstruosity now that you mention it.
>>
>>55821825
I don’t know how to use Skeb and I’m too paranoid to give my financial information to anyone. I used AI a few times but found it too generic and I can’t set up a good model like Kouji did. As it stands I don’t have any “true” artwork of Alex at all and that’s fine. Also most “good” artists charge upwards of 100 dollars, well, at least English speaking ones. Don’t know how much japs charge but I’m assuming it’s the same thing
>>
>>55821825
Never heard of it, sell me on the idea.
>>55821840
Look at this monitor screenshot and weep.
>>
>>55821856
I think this was cooler, actually.
>>
>>55821864
And, for comparison, the very first OP template.
>>
>>55821856
NTA but iirc skeb's a site that you can use to commission jp artists to draw for you since they'll translate the request. I think there's some catches though, like the inability to make changes to your request after it's sent.
>>
File: file.png (891 KB, 800x521)
891 KB
891 KB PNG
>>55821852
>Don’t know how much japs charge but I’m assuming it’s the same thing
You'd be surprised.
You can legit to god get a full blown character sheet for less than 10000 Yen. Including the character being designed by the artist too.
>>55821856
Japanese commission site. To make an account as an artist, you must have a Japanese bank account, so for all intents and purposes is for Japanese people only.
You send your request, which gets auto-translated by Deepl though it is recommended for you to translate it manually yourself because the DeepL on Skeb is kinda crap for some reason and butchers the requests, you wait for it to get accepted, and if it does, there's a set definite deadline that varies depending on the artist.
However, no communication allowed in the middle, you send your request and then hope for the best. No bullshit in the middle. It's a one and done deal which is as much of a benefit as it is a con.
It's ridiculously cheap as I just mentioned also. I'm sure you've seen how western artists charge ridiculous stuff like $400 for two characters and a simple background, right? You could get that for less than a hundred bucks depending on the artist.
There's also the fun of being able to commission your favorite fanartists or the artist whose doujins you've fapped to hundreds of times through the years if they've got a Skeb.
If any of you guys are familiar with those Twitter Pokeyume OC/SI girls a bunch of them are quite frequent Skeb users. That's just one example.
There's a dedicated thread on /h/ if you guys wanna check out more things.

Quiz time! How much do you think this drawing from a random artist I follow on Skeb was?
Answer. 10000 Yen aka 65 bucks at current exchange.
>>
File: biker phos outfit.png (265 KB, 500x810)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>55821401
I sketched out a cute outfit idea for Phos. Red leather biker jacket top modified with sliced open sleeves, black shorts under a dark denim pleated skirt thing with a slit and frayed ends, leather boots, and of course this look wouldn't be complete without a pair of suspender straps fashionably hanging down from her belt. Hope you like it.

>Thread question: Has your OC ever done any volunteer work?
As a teenager, on days Ivy didn't have cheerleading practice, she would help out at the local Day Care/Nursery on Route 3 next to her hometown Striaton City. Taking care of Pokemon eggs, baby Pokemon, and literal children is how she knew she wanted to be a nurse and help people when she grew up.

>>55821414
This is the kind of shit Ivy would praise her Hitmonchan for doing only to later get reprimanded by others for causing property damage.

Miko on the other hand has no official volunteer experience, however he keeps the streets of Medali and surrounding areas clean via Pickup and scavenging for scraps to sell for more gambling money.
>>
>>55821920
Very cool, if only I had disposable income.
>>55821928
Besides, I have all my handsome sons in this thread to give me freebies. Very nice, I think this is the first ever Phos art where her glove is actually on the right hand as intended.
>>
>think about anon from last thread's suggestion to implement a companion character to help pace the fic a bit
>no clue who to implement as a companion character to gradually use as a means to gradually introduce things about Emily to both said companion and the reader rather than dump shit in all at once
Ugh.
>>
>>55822087
The key is already in your hands.
Emily is an anti-social grump, she's only going to be willing to say so much at once before deciding she has better things to do and move on.
>hey, what was that?
>I'm tired of talking
later...
>seriously, what was that?
>UGH, fine. But I'm not repeating myself.
>>
>>55822087
Almost like a uncommunicative holier than thou 2cool4school prick is a terrible character to write interactions with since she thinks everyone is beneath her and below her notice or something.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (18 KB, 600x600)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>55822136
>>
File: 1712504121082917.jpg (147 KB, 1440x810)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>55822123
She's not nearly *that* bad, anon.
>>
>>55822136
I don't care how tenderly he loved you in the past, anon moved on with his life. You need to let go, meet new people, it isn't healthy to hold a grudge against your ex for so long.
>>
>>55822123
>>55822150
Which is to say she's more of a grumpy wallflower with some slightly autistic and maybe even slightly psychopathic/sociopathic tendencies rather than an outright ANTI SOCIAL brat.
>>
>>55822182
Distinction without a difference in this case. She has the exposition, she controls the length of the conversation. One or two answers tops, then the break time's over, voluntarily or otherwise.
>>
>>55822182
Being a grumpy wallflower IS being antisocial. What people are thinking of is "asocial". Being antisocial is being a jerk, being asocial is isolating yourself. Although, honestly Emily does both.
>>
>>55822203
Nah, I'd say it's more nuanced than that.

>>55822193
Huh?
>>
File: 1712006680120021.png (244 KB, 500x626)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
Oh boy here we go again.
>>
File: funnel.png (248 KB, 521x832)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
not evil
>>
Other issue is just idk WHO to pair alongside Emily, of course she generally doesn't care much for guys but I also don't really make partners for my own characters due to what my main way of writing is and since I prefer having Emily's sisters slip in and out of the scene. Throwing a canon into the mix feels conceited and I don't really have a friend's OC to go by since I have no Pokemon Trainer story writing partner. Eugh.
>>
File: Alto's Sexy Crop Top.png (130 KB, 1000x1000)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>55821401
>>55821472
You missed one.
https://files.catbox.moe/1d45mj.mp4
>>
>>55822425
Oh fuck you, anon, I don't care what you think about the thread, that is not fucking okay to link that kind of shit, people have gone to prison for less.
heh, had you going for a sec, huh? Give me a minute to update that.
>>
File: 1698398656334.jpg (373 KB, 1024x1024)
373 KB
373 KB JPG
Here, a gift in the form of a younger Vega, around her late teens compared to her mid twenties that we've seen before.

>>55821029
>>55821141
I really like some of these, so I'm gonna dig in and expand on some more of Furia's mechanics.

>How did your OC first meet
their starter/partner/ace pokemon and how did they end up catching them?

Vega's starter was Fomantis, who I don't have a particularly interesting story for but I do have a nice idea for her ace, Hatterene:
The forests of Vega's home city, Falce, are hosts to a variety of different mystical creatures. As you might expect, it also is where many of the Fair Folk call their home. Most eminent among them though was a certain Hatterene, who has been rumored to have lived in these forest since before the Murrieta Clan first settled there.
Although the truth of the matter is quite dubious, it's true that it's far from ordinary. To give you some perspective: before Vega tames all three, Hatterene, Kingambit, and Alolan Ninetails were in a war for territory in the forests. Kingambit, of course, led his own battallion of Bisharps and Pawniards and Ninetails was the head of her pack, but Hatterene managed to repel both from her territory completely alone. There's a few reasons for this:
1) The Fairy-type, in my interpretation, just is a lot better suited for defensive battles due to having a higher affinity for terrain and manipulation of it's properties. (I got the idea from the terrain mechanic ofc but Trick Room was also a factor.)
2) Hatterene is much older than the other two mons, which for some species (like hers) being long-lived is directly linked to strength. By *how* much is still a mystery but to spitball an example if the average strong Pokemon in Furia is like 50 then she's around 80.
3) Her territory is smaller, comparatively, making it naturally easier to defend.

apparently I can't keep my posts short once I get going so forgive me for making multiple bc I don't feel like making a pastebin.
>>
Has my liver finally given out?
>>
>>55822625
4) Her territory is especially potent in terms of magical energy, because it's where the Lord Jade rests. The relationship between the Witch and the deity is unclear: maybe she just enjoys the unusually bountiful land, or she's specifically protecting the weakening Titan.

Either way, it's the very last Pokémon that Vega catches, and it made her master *work* to tame it. She basically reverse jumps Vega's 5 other, fully-evolved Pokémon, albeit it was in her home turf where she's stronger.

As for why? I haven't really storyboarded the full thing, but I can see path to how it goes down. After all, having an extremely territorial and powerful Pokémon around unchecked isn't a good idea and up until Vega came along no one had the sheer balls to go try and tame it. That, and it's directly blocking Vega from actually meeting, and finding out what happened to, the Lord Jade. I could also see a situation where Vega actually has no choice but to trespass Hat's territory, since it could have a particularly potent medicinal herb or something.

Or Vega, just like most other high-level Furian trainers, is just *like that*. The best way to grow is to bet on yourself and go all in, after all. "Nah I'd win"-type beat.
>>
>>55822630
You're still here posting, so I assume not. It's called the LIVEr for a reason. You need it to LIVE.
>>
>>55822421
You could make one of characters, like the anime.
I know you hate it, but c'mon. Many of us meet a person once and never again, so why not exploit that?
>>
>>55822649
*one-time characters
Sorry, typo.
>>
>>55822649
Cause I just don't like putting any creative effort into a one-and-done arc character I will never use again or build upon. It's one of my many 'tisms.
>>
>>55822649
>>55822660
I'll mull shit over as I sleep but for now idk what to do on that front.
>>
>>55822640
Yes, but I've been neglecting it lately with water and pineapple juice.
>>55822633
Is it really you? ;w;
>>
File: theifteamdraft.png (142 KB, 910x181)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>55821401
>>55821500
>>55821624
The working idea that I have is that HSS provides private security, so Alex forces them to hold the doors so that Darius can't escape in addition to making everyone watch his humiliating defeat. Steven's basically like "Uh, shouldn't we do something?" and Cynthia's like "No, this will be entertaining".

Minor spoiler, but this is the song that plays during the final showdown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9lV84WHl1U

>>55822425
This is what I imagine that Alto would sound like if he actually bothered to work on improving his vocals. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKLlLizGjvM
>>
>>55822660
Man you're like a toddler.
>>
File: sleep.jpg (147 KB, 875x1000)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>55822681
nou
>>
File: 1695037500448.jpg (1.55 MB, 1560x2049)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>55822633
>What does your OC dream about in their
sleep? Past events, stressful what-ifs,
something more abstract? Are they lucid
dreams, or is your OC just a spectator?

I've been playing a lot with the idea of Furians sharing senses with their Pokémon and the like, but mostly from the angle of battle so far. I was wondering though, what if catching a certain Pokémon actually ends up affecting the trainer?

After taming Hatterene, Vega actually does change her personality slightly. The Witch's attitude rubs off on her. Although she remains much the same: patient and kind to those who she believes deserve it, she casts aside the last of her self-doubt and becomes much more assertive. I think it wouldn't just be because of Hatterene, since that would be kinda lame, but I think it should be the last step in a character arc where she gets over the inferiority complex she has as a teen.

Whenever she is near Hatterene though, Vega notices that she does dream a lot more about just fighting, replaying countless battles again and again in her mind. It might actually do her good in terms of developing her combat sense, but it's not very conducive to a good night's rest. Thankfully, the Forest Witch prefers to seclude herself in her own territory, which is a bit off from Falce itself.
>>
>>55822625
>>55822633
>>55822704
Hey Vega, did you check the writing section of the Mega.nz yet? I made you something. Be sure to read until the end.
>>
File: 1691050277881.png (727 KB, 637x900)
727 KB
727 KB PNG
>>55822630
Nonono it's not the afterlife quite yet, my dear friend! Good things can happen if you live long enough!
>>55822674
Yep, I'm here! Always been lurking, I'm never *truly* gone!
>>
File: 1689556452684.jpg (201 KB, 1024x1024)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>55822712
I've read both the Alex and Axel redone interviews, and of course I've read Alex's own interview. I'm happy to see someone else give it a shot, because it's fun to see what you guys do with different concepts. I wanna write some sort of reply story to both but I'll have to take some time with it. If it wasn't either of those though please let me know!

Here's another picture I liked, but my autism wouldn't allow the choker. Didn't feel in line with what she would wear based on her adult outfit. Still, I love the image so it gets posted.
>>
File: 3000 threads.png (635 KB, 1024x752)
635 KB
635 KB PNG
>>55822714
Yeah, well, don't be a stranger. You know how much the regulars here love your work.
>>
File: 1713643866659.jpg (95 KB, 1549x744)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>55822847
gomen gomen! Recently I've just been preoccupied (or distracted orz) by other things, so I end up reading the thread but not posting something because I don't have anything substantive to post. Although I'm sure I could lower the bar a bit on what qualifies as "substantive"....

The warm welcome means a lot though so thank you!
>>
>>55822738
Are there guns in Furia? Maybe Alex could buy one off of Vega.
>>55822901
This is probably a dumb idea, but why don't you make an isekai story about someone from a canon region getting stuck in Furia and having to find a way out?
>>
Does anybody ever do lewd drawing requests here, or is the thread actually not like that at all
>>
File: 1682821929600788.jpg (669 KB, 2110x1905)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
Luke and Vega dropping back in? Real?
>>55808158
Are we at the next chapter of this TTRPG? Did Luke's chuuni friend win the battle over Regigigas? Is Luke toiling away at the endless chaos of trainers with mystical powers?
>>55822738
I like the hair color transition. Sometimes AI can really nail your character. Kinda freaky feel.
>>55821928
Stellar sketch. Phos has that biker swag. How would she fare with more out of character attire... Think Hasumi and frills.
>Has your OC ever done any volunteer work?
He does NOT do it for free.
>>
>>55822934
We definitely don't do that here. There are dozens of other lewd threads for that. No hard feelings!
>>
>>55822939
That is surprising, given the history of OC threads.
>>
>>55822934
Soft lewd like Phos's bikini, maybe. Hard lewd, probably not.
>>
>>55822912
Furia's technology level is much closer to something the middle ages (don't quote me on that exactly I don't have the exact knowledge of what the people in that time period had available but I'm assuming it probably *wasn't* guns yet), so nothing of that sort, but I've definitely played around with the idea of having some sort of magical weaponry in the setting like Rana's talismans or Vega's rapier, which I've workshopped as having a blunt edge in exchange for being extremely durable. I'm sure Furia would have some sort of weapon or trinket that would catch Alex's eye, but that requires some more thought.

I've never thought about having an isekai storyline, but I've had thought about actually doing a reverse isekai situation. Tying it into the interviews somehow sounds like it could be fun, give the writers some more control of the circumstances. I'd have to build up a good idea of the character in question beforehand though so that people have an idea of what they're working with. As for using a canon character, I dunno, for some reason it doesn't catch my interest. Like if I wrote something involving Orchis in a canon region that resonates with me more than taking someone else's character and thrusting them into my setting. Couldn't tell you exactly why, but that's just my feeling. I'll think about it though, it's not a dumb idea at all.
>>
File: 1696219442350.jpg (394 KB, 1024x1024)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>55822936
>I like the hair color transition. Sometimes AI can really nail your character. Kinda freaky feel.

Yeah, playing around with the AI until I get something that just feels right is frustrating in just the right way that I think fuels my inner gambling addict. I'm sure if I actually tried honing my ability to prompt I could get some really interesting results but I think I'd rather just learn to draw at that point.
>>
>>55822901
Hello, Vega! Unless you're the anon I talked to before about yoga pants, then I think this is the first time I've had a chance to talk to you. Nice to meet you!

Anyways, from what Archive Anon has told me (and from what I've seen), your Furia setting is really something special. I'm glad that you recognize that you've created something unique and that if you eliminated the copyrighted elements and continue to refine it, then you've really got something here. Please continue to invest in your creation.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (238 KB, 1034x768)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
I want to draw someone, but can't decide who...

So, I'll ask you this, and if you give a funny answer I'll pick your character to draw

>what if picrel?
>>
File: 1703521992426.jpg (849 KB, 2000x2000)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
>>55823040
Thank you! I try to make it a personal policy to never disregard the praise of others, but from my perspective I'm always trying to grasp at something beyond my current level of imagination and/or writing skill. Gets frustrating at times since I'm constantly reminded of my status as an amateur but I try to see it as proof that I'm moving towards some sort of growth.

As for the copyrighted material bit, I think Furia as we know it right now will remain fanfic but I don't really consider it wasted effort or anything. The ideas and concepts that it's made of can always be reimagined or used somewhere else for an original story. Part of the charm for it that drives me to keep going is being able to share it here in the first place, and that's more than enough for me right now.

As for yoga pants, wasn't me. For me, it's work skirts. Maybe jeans too. Yoga pants are just too common nowadays, even if they do activate my neurons.
>>
>>55823100
I feel there's an Undertale joke here.
>>
>>55823128
You're welcome! Dunno if you're grappling with some flavor of Imposter Syndrome, but your writing is good and you're a lot more creative than you're giving yourself credit for. Just keep refining your craft, you're on the right track!

>I'm always trying to grasp at something beyond my current level of imagination and/or writing skill.
Oh I feel that. My solution was to buy over 300 books as "research material". Dunno when I can realistically read all of them for there of any benefit to enriching my inner world and writing, but with the modest few I've already carved out time for, I feel the difference. And I'm talking old books: Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, The Art of War, The Book of Five Rings, Bhagavad Gita, The Poem of the Cid, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms (which I haven't finish yet, because it's long), and the Peter Kemp war triology, which are the experiences of a British war hero reaching back almost hundred years ago. I hope to start The Persian Expedition by Xenophon soon. There are many amazing books written across the ages and cultures.
Isn't that what they always say? To enrich your writing by reading something that inspires you?
I've got all these amazing books lined up as personal growth homework assignments, maybe you can find an armful that speak to you and they can share their secrets.

>The ideas and concepts that it's made of can always be reimagined or used somewhere else for an original story.
I recycle ideas and characters from old/scrapped stories too. Often times, I'll make a creature and I just sit on it until I can figure out which story I can add it to. Which is kinda fun, because every little creation enriches the setting even if by only a little bit at a time.

>yoga pants
I don't own any yet, which is why I reached out for advice before to someone else. Typically I'm just wearing work jeans, but I'm making efforts to be more feminine in my choice of clothing. My husband appreciates it.
>>
Midnight bump. Man am I ever sleepy this week...
>>
File: OIG2 (5).jpg (205 KB, 1024x1024)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>55821401
Luke dad made him go to work with him at the construction site so Luke could lean how to build houses for when the Onix rise up and attack and cause mass sinkholes (dad is a Doomsday Prepper)

Pictured: Luke in 10 years
>>
Fuck yeah my ban finally expired last night, so here we are. Also have a quick sketch I got working on.
>We know what our goals are and what we want to accomplish, but what's the one thing your OC thinks they could never, ever do?
Get her family back.
>Has your OC ever done any volunteer work? Working at a Pokemon Day Care, cleaning up a local park our route? Was it their choice or were they dragged along by someone else? Did the experience do anything to shape the Trainer they are today?
No but Hasumi often uses her inherited wealth on developing local infrastructure for Letimas town and the area surrounding Reversal Mountain (cause well, that's where the estate is). It's been a thing done by Shauntal, a thing done by those before her, so she considers it only natural to follow suit. Otherwise, not much physical volunteer work to speak of.
>What does your OJ dream about in their sleep? Past events, stressful what-ifs, something more abstract? Are they lucid dreams, or is your OC just a spectator?
OJ would probably dream of how he would murder his wife again and get away with it (again). Sorry but that typo was too funny, couldn't pass up the opportunity.
But seriously, a few past events as flashbacks, flashbacks of other people that were accidentally passed onto her by Chandelure, and sometimes they're indeed lucid dreams.
>What's a hidden talent your OC isn't aware they have?
She's dabbled in most types of arts and saw decent performance in most, but unknowingly Hasumi's fairly good at cooking, she just doesn't do it often enough to realize that.
>>
File: zigzagoon-1689679564.png (1.54 MB, 1566x881)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
Bump!
>>
File: Greatsword.png (778 KB, 1233x3903)
778 KB
778 KB PNG
>>55823100
>presents bigger "knife"
I have no intention of being picked but at this point someone offering her a weapon feels kinda moot considering the one she has.
>>
>>55821401
>Do a new outfit for another OC
I already did a few outfits for Azelie when I released the card, so here.
>>
>>55821401
>>Thread question: Has your OC ever done any volunteer work? Working at a Pokemon Day Care, cleaning up a local park or route? Was it their choice or were they dragged along by someone else? Did the experience do anything to shape the Trainer they are today?
Does being a vigilante count? She basically manhandled the shady corpos back in Castelia and forced them to take their dirty business to some other city in Unova (Nimbasa most likely) and kept goons and gangs under control. Otherwise nah, she ain't done any sort of volunteer shit.

funny captcha; MAXNO
>>
Non burger reporting. If I'm posting during the day is because yesterday was my day off, and I do my own stuff during those days. Good to see this thread lasted during night time.

>Has your OC ever done any volunteer work?
Back when he lived in Hoenn, it was the only way he gathered a few coins to survive. Farming in fallabor, fishing in Dewford, working at the docks in Slateport, helping the couple at the Mauville daycare, getting rid of bugs in Fortress, a small free sample guy in Lylicove. He got used to having many odd jobs until becoming a professional trainer as a career. If you ever find him in any region, you are more likely to find him working a small job (unless he is going for the League Challenge. When is like that, he will show his "celebrity trainer" card, and reunite money to travel to the next region)

>Thread task: Draw a new outfit!
He was wearing theses clothes when he was climbing the snowy mountains of Sinnoh. The jacket was a present. Surge gave it to him after his victory in Vermillion.
>>
>>55823100
>”Bro, this shit’s dull. I couldn’t even cut butter with this.” -Alex
>>
Shoutouts to the jannies for keeping the streets clean. If you don't know, you don't need to know.
>>55823922
Even if he's got the details a little fuzzy, the Pokemon world is definitely a setting where being a prepper is a wise choice.
>>55824427
How does a softspoken thing like you manage to win a vacation?
>that typo was too funny, couldn't pass up the opportunity
Congrats on being the first one to say anything about that. You win the prize: I'm climbing inside your walls.
>>55823100
A young man worked up the courage to ask a beautiful girl to go to prom with him, and wanted to make sure she had the perfect date. He spent hours standing in line for a rental suit, spent hours standing in line for a bouquet of flowers, and then spent hours waiting for her to get out of in-school suspension to pop the question. The girl is overjoyed and says yes. When prom night arrives, the young couple spend an hour waiting for their limousine to arrive, another hour waiting in line to get inside the dance hall. At one point, the girl says she's hungry, so her man spends another hour waiting in line to get her favorite food. The two finally make it inside and to dance floor when the girl says she's thirsty. So the young man volunteers to get her a drink. He goes to the snack bar, and wouldn't you know it?
there's no punchline in this joke.
>>
>>55821401
Act 1 Chapter 1 is still a large way from completion, however, I am feeling inspired to write a short story with Alex and a few special guests. However, I’m not quite sure if it makes sense.

It opens with a scene of a poker game at a nightclub (this is important), however I don’t know if I should switch this to a casino instead. It’s also supposed to be located in Black City, but then a dispute leads Alex and his opponent to go to a nearby forest to battle. The rest of the table is instructed to follow with them because “we need spectators”.

Does any of this make sense, or should I just scrap it all together? I want to get this written but I also feel dumb while writing it. Grimsley and Charles are supposed to make an appearance, if you have any suggestions for other characters, or just a Trainer Class that would be a good fit for this, tell me.
>>
>>55825159
It's good practice for writing dialogue, keep at it even if it feels silly. Probably would help if you knew the ins and outs of a card game, too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0VQRHYSc5k
>>
>>55824983
>How does a softspoken thing like you manage to win a vacation?
Corrected a piece of porn posted in a /vg/ general I frequent, both me and the guy who posted it initially got smacked. Fuck jannies and fuck Orange Juice.
>>
>>55825285
The focal point of this isn’t the game, it’s the fight. It starts at the very end of the match where Alex wins with a royal flush and then gets accused of cheating, so he engages in battle with one of them (NOT Grimsley) to prove his honor and get the money.
>>
>>55825386
Yeah, fuck orange juice. All my niggas hate orange juice.
>>55825391
We both know he was actually cheating. Glad you ruled out Grimsley, because he's not the sort to whine. As far as cameos go, try running through the Black Tower in Black 2, there's no shortage of absolute fucking scumbags and cockbites in the upper floors.
I'm going to get some exercise and clear my head for a bit, be good while I'm away.
>>
>>55821401
>Thread question: Has your OC ever done any volunteer work? Working at a Pokemon Day Care, cleaning up a local park or route? Was it their choice or were they dragged along by someone else? Did the experience do anything to shape the Trainer they are today?
I can't imagine Ruka doing much in the way of "volunteer work" cuz it implies she doesn't expect to be compensated. And even if its not money I imagine she'd usually expect something. She would help out if, say, she saw someone in desperate need. But if she had to actually work she'd spend the whole time whining and bitching.
>>
How many pokemon do you think of your OC catching? The more I think about Ruka having dozens and dozens of pokemon she swaps between. Trying to confine it to just a team of 6 or so doesn't quite cut it. It might be a bit ambitious but I imagine her with a bunch of PC pokemon she swaps out on a whim.
I guess I wanna ask. Do you picture your trainer with a lotta pokemon? Or do they just stick with the team they walk around with?
>>
>>55825624
Dozens of Pokemon is a main character symptom. Even traveling multiple regions, if you get past a dozen just make another character and give them some of the Pokemon. It's better for the narrative if you go for quality over quantity. People remember Lance for his Dragonite ace, and we got the in-game and anime events showing them mess up Team Rocket. They remember Cynthia for her Garchomp, Lt. Surge for Raichu, Riley for Lucario, etc. Now imagine instead that each of those characters was replaced by one trainer who just kept showing up with different Pokemon to show off. IMO the more you give them, the more each one is diluted to being an accessory or tool rather than a partner.

>How did they get so many?
>Don't they bother training or spending time with the ones they already have?
>How did this x-year-old trainer manage to do all of that traveling and training (more egregious for teenagers)?

I picture my (adult) trainer with about 10 Pokemon, some of which are single stage or NFE. His team would have a core group and 1-2 rotating spots for training or needing a Pokemon's special moves or abilities for something.
>>
>>55821401
Mmmm.... bounty hunter...

I wanna draw mix between 25 and 25K with pink hair
>>
File: mr and mrs montero.png (979 KB, 1923x911)
979 KB
979 KB PNG
blehhhh what i would give for better working hours
>>55821401
>thread question
i think after hearing about her parents' meet cute at a pokemon center, bibi starts volunteering, partially just because she likes to help people out, but there's definitely some part of her naively hoping she ends up like dad, obviously nothing comes of it though (aside from mr. montero tearing up at seeing her take after him, emotional sort that he is). i'd also imagine if naranja had volunteer tutoring opportunities she immediately signs up to be a battle studies tutor. though, the thought of having to deal with her extensive lessons probably has every kid currently failing the class doing their best to avoid remedial lessons.

alto could definitely be convinced into doing volunteer work if he noticed a cute girl doing it, he's probably had stints of volunteering at libraries or cleaning up parks for that exact reason, it never sticks though because he's got no work ethic for anything not related to music
>>55824427
love the pose and outfits so far, excited to see the finished work!
>>55822625
and here i was starting to think furianon was a shared delusion......someone pinch me
>>55821928
absolutely killer design!!
>>55825624
i can see ruka doing that, especially with her unique tastes she's the perfect character to make less popular pokemon shine. my approach with bibi was to lock her to 12 cuz she's a freak but most of my ocs have 6 or less, i think picking and choosing team members really depends on the scope of your story, because pokemon are still characters so you gotta think of individual personalities and scenarios that make the most of them and their abilities! some also bring up practicality of raising them all so depending on the level of realism you go for that's a factor to take into account. as the trainers closest to bibi's skill level within the confines of my story (that is, nemona and kieran) raise multiple teams i didn't see a reason not to do the same with her
>>
>>55825719
>Dozens of Pokemon is a main character symptom.
I can't agree. Pokemon are diverse and abundant. And pokeballs are cheap and plentiful. I find it harder to believe that your average trainer somehow feels no desire to catch more than 6 pokemon. I'm Still operating on the idea that the PC exists and transferring excess pokemon is quick and easy. I feel like there's nothing in universe that implies to me that catching a lot of pokemon is not commonplace.
>Even traveling multiple regions
I'll concede to this though. Traveling multiple regions does seem like it wouldn't be common. How many people do you know just go abroad to France or England. Probably not often.
>They remember Cynthia for her Garchomp, Lt. Surge for Raichu, Riley for Lucario, etc. Now imagine instead that each of those characters was replaced by one trainer who just kept showing up with different Pokemon to show off.
Well for Ruka's case, her Jynx is her partner and would never leave her team. And secondly, all those examples are people who have these dedicated teams specifically for battles. AND half of them DO change out their teams when you rematch them!

>How did they get so many?
They caught them, like every trainer does.
>Don't they bother training or spending time with the ones they already have?
Of course. Swapping out pokemon means you give all of your pokemon attention.
>How did this x-year-old trainer manage to do all of that traveling and training (more egregious for teenagers)?
The traveling is a given for trainers, plus pokemon are abundant. And as for training, I assume Ruka would have certain ace pokemon geared for battled and some that might not even like battling or prefer contests or she just keeps around cuz they're cute. The whole point of an adventure for Ruka is to have fun so wasting time isnt a waste of time.
>>
Ugh, the pollen out here is ridiculous. I should have brought more tissues...
>>55825624
It really depends on how far along the simulationist--authentic scale you want to fall on. If you're the sort who believes Pokemon just hibernate in Bill's Box service until you fax it back to your hand, then there's really no upper limit. If you instead believe your mons are being taken care of at home or at a research lab, and you imagine the wants and needs of each mon piling up as their relationship to you wanes, then there's only so many you can have on standby before it becomes an exhausting juggling act or an ethical question.
Depending on the scale of your writing and your intent, there really isn't anything wrong with a character having lots of Pokemon. Heaven forbid a character from a monster-collecting game collect a lot of monsters. It really just comes down to how well you can make each one stand out.
>>
File: mikos friends.png (454 KB, 1290x1282)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>55825624
>Ivy
Ivy currently only has 4 pokemon and is a late bloomer when it comes to catching and acquiring Pokemon. Her first two Pokemon were gift Pokemon, much like how a trainer would receive a starter from a professor. She got her Chansey from Nursing School and her Hitmonchan from the dojo in Saffron City at around age 17/18. Only when she was "graduated" and employed at Blueberry Academy did she catch her third Pokemon (Plusle) at around age 21. Lastly, she caught her Pawmi on a trip to Paldea at age 22. I have plans for her to catch more Pokemon as she progresses on her own journey, but all in all, she became a trainer pretty late in life by most people's standards. However, since he team is so small, she's able to give each of her team members special attention and create induvial training regimens for each, ensuring that each of her Pokemon is as strong as they possibly can be.
>Miko
Miko on the other hand has grown up with Pokemon his entire life, catching his first (Voltorb) at the early age of 4. Sine then he's went on to either catch more Pokemon or win them as prizes from game corners. Mainly all of Miko's prize Pokemon are kept in the care of his Grandpa back in Johto and are always happy to see him when he visits every summer. The one's he's caught are swapped out on a pretty regular basis (save for Electrode, Meowth, and Gimmighoul). When they're not in his party, they're either left at home or in the care of his parents. Often times his parents use his Pokemon to help out at their jobs.

>>55822625
I absolutely adore this idea of a three way deadlock/territory wars and it's even cooler to think that Vega managed to unite them all under her team. My first exposure to Furia was with the Raphael interview a bit ago, and it all seems so grand and rich in lore, I love learning more about it and it's OC's.

I type too much so I'll finish the rest of my catch up in the next post
>>
cont. >>55826064
>>55822936
Aw thanks! I thought about maybe giving another OC an outfit they wouldn't normally wear, but felt like it wasn't really my place to decide on out of character stuff for someone else's OC- so I tried keeping it within Phos's realm of style.
>>55824427
Looking great so far. All your work is always so elegant looking.
>>55825159
Nah don't scrap it. Even if you're not super into it now, maybe you will be once you're done. Trust yourself and the process. As for people who frequent casinos? I guess it depends on the type of establishment. I feel like it could range from rich people with a lot of disposable income to lowlifes trying to make a quick buck. In my case, that also includes literal children with gambling problems.
>>55825562
More Ruka content? I'm in heaven.
>>55825825
>alto could definitely be convinced into doing volunteer work if he noticed a cute girl doing it
it'd be funny if he gets super involved in some sort of volunteer work trying to impress a girl only to find out she's already taken or something.
>absolutely killer design!!
Thank you bibianon, my love <3
>>
Guess who has two thumbs and forgot the bundle of extra tissues at home. This idiot right here.
>>55826097
>so I tried keeping it within Phos's realm of style.
Nah, go nuts with it. You made Miko's ahoge a cherry bomb fuse, if anyone can pull off an OoC-OC costume, it would be you. I never imagined Azelie raving in a catgirl costume, but look at how beautifully Gene made it work.
>>
>>55825882
I'm saying that if you want to keep the character and story interesting, it's better not to put all your eggs in one basket. If you like a lot of different Pokemon, you could still include and highlight them under the care of other characters. Consider the logisitics of one person spending the time to locate, battle, capture, raise to evolution levels, train and move tutor dozens of different species and types. I know the setting is based on games that let you travel multiple cities and regions, catch hundreds of Pokemon and do all of the above for free in a matter of hours/days, but it's an abstraction meant to facilitate gameplay and sell toys.

For example, say that Ruka has a team of six but you want to add Vileplume, Bellossom, Glaceon, Snover, Quilava and Ursaring. Instead of giving her all of these, you could introduce a grass-type trainer with Vileplume and Bellossom and an ice-type trainer with Glaceon; maybe they're two friends Ruka meets traveling to a town. They are both trying to capture Snover and arguing over who would be the better trainer for it since it's both ice and grass type.
>"I have more experience training grass Pokemon since I have 2 fully evolved!"
>"Snover isn't just a grass type, it flourishes in a cold environment. Besides, your attention is already split between those two, I can spend more time training it!"
Meanwhile, a third trainer is in the area with his Quilava hunting the Snovers for the easy battle EXP. He's kind of a jerkass so the friends decide to work together to stop him with Ruka's help since they are both weak to fire types. The commotion wakes up a hibernating Ursaring which comes out swinging, so Ruka catches the Snover to use a combination attack with the others to send Ursaring packing. Afterwards, they decide they will both hunt for a Snover and train them together now that Ruka caught the one they were fighting over.

Now you have a story with them all, without all belonging to her.
>>
File: fancy phos.png (313 KB, 500x810)
313 KB
313 KB PNG
>>55826195
Ask and ye shall receive. Here's Phos in a fancy Malamar colored gown. Maybe she's attending a gala or something
>>
>>55826326
Fancy, I like it.
>>
>>55826326
Wow, you work fast. She looks gorgeous.
>>
>>55825624
Like I said before, David always uses a new team everytime he reaches a new region, just to get a feel of it. But when he leaves or stays for a long time in one place, he only stays with his 3 main Pokémon, the others are given or swapped with other trainers.
Basically his lineup goes:

>Swampert, Blaziken, and Sceptyle
His main 3, but he boxes Blaziken and Sceptyle when he is traveling. Only Swampert stays with him 24/7.

>Hoenn team
- Gardevoir: sent to his parents, helps at home.
- Swellow: given to an artist. He has one portrait of him.
- Ludicolo and Shiftry: captured in the wild, traded both for a Bidoof when he went to Sinnoh. His new owner is a polka singer.
- Linoone: given to a building in Rustboro. Since she liked to grab stuff, she now helps in the Lost and Found section of the building.

>Kanto Team
- Alakazam: given as an aide to Prof. Blue (in my story, Oak is retired).
- Dodrio: given to the Safari Zone as a mascot. Popular with the kids playing Dodrio Jump.
- Flareon: pet at home in Fallabor.
- Clefable: released at Mt Moon, returning with the Clefairies.
- Venusaur: given back to Green. He met her, and she had a spare Bulbasaur. He got it when he helped her on the road.

>Johto team
- Houndoom: given to the cops at Goldenroad as Patrol Unit.
- Togekiss: given to the daycare couple south of Goldenroad.
- Heracross: given to Bugsy, mainly out of pity because he totaled the bug gym.
- Dunsparce: at home for now. He likes it because he is strong yet goofy looking.
-Ampharos: given to Jasmine at Olivine. Helps the one at the top nowadays.

>Sinnoh
- Staraptor: sent to Falkner. David knew it was in better hands with someone who knows about birds.
- Bidoof: got as a trade, gave it away as a mascot for Hearthome's Poké Park.
- Roserade: released at Floaroma. She enjoyed the flowers in that area.
- Luxray: this one is interesting. He went to sleep one night, and she just left. He couldn't found her again.
- Magmortar: given at the steel works.
>>
>>55825624
Alex catches a lot of Pokémon throughout his (long) storyline, but almost are boxed, some of them permanently. His main 12 are kept in two briefcases at his penthouse. He might give some to his dad for protection.

In addition, during his Team Plasma days he also deliberately catches Pokémon to use in place of his mains so that he remains unrecognizable, and he also catches some for Colress’s experiments. This is basically an excuse for me to feature shitmons like Luxray and Driftblim that I like.
>>
>>5582624
I think it's all a matter of tone and what kinda story you wanna tell.
>Consider the logisitics of one person spending the time to locate, battle, capture, raise to evolution levels, train and move tutor dozens of different species and types.
>Locate
It would be pretty rare for Ruka to set out looking for a particular pokemon. (Though I can imagine some fun storylines about her trying and failing to find/catch something.) Ruka is a very "go with the flow" kinda gal. She'd probably just come across a pokemon in the wild and think it's cute and be obsessed with it for a while.
>Battle
Not particularly time consuming. Isn't battling the whole point of being a trainer?
>Capture
Pretty sure you just throw a ball at it until it can't break out. Not exactly a rocket science.
>Raise to evolution levels
Thats the thing. The vast majority of her pokemon won't evolve. Ruka just wants to vibe with a bunch of cute pokemon. She's not concerned with leveling them all up to the highest level/evolving them.
>train
Ruka's training methods for the most part are just figuring out what her pokemon wants to do and helping them do it to thw best of their ability.
>Move tutor
Honestly just part of training. In her world once a pokemon learns a move it can retain it and use it later. It's just that battles have a 4 move limit on them for a multitude of reasons.
>If you like a lot of different Pokemon, you could still include and highlight them under the care of other characters.
Sure theres other characters already. Like Oriko, the Sukeban who uses mostly fighting and dark types. Or Rita, the Gothic Lolita from Unova who has a Gothitelle, and uses mostly psychic and ghost types. They don't have particularly large teams and are much more straightforward.
But personally I feel like Ruka is the kinda gal who would just catch whatever catches her eye. And then pal around with it for a while until the next one. Or a situation arises that requires another approach.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14 KB, 185x272)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>55826567
Meant for
>>55826248
I also wanted to say there was a manga that never got a proper translation translated roughly as "Pokemon Gotta catch em all" about a kid named Shu who sets out to catch all the pokemon. So the story is moreso a series of vignettes about him finding and catching a new pokemon. Usually using a rotating and growing cast of other pokemon. I'm not saying that is exactly what I wanna do with Ruka, but it does show me that the idea can work depending on the tone. (I only know of this manga cuz I wanted to see how other artists get jynx's design to be expressive.
>>
>>55821401
Question: "Charity? That's not a word in my vocabulary."

Task: DEFINETLEY cheating because I'm doing this for myself but I imagine that if Alex didn't dress like a normal person then he'd probably have an outfit based on one of his stronger Pokemon, probably either Dragapult or Weavile.
>>
>>55826722
>Why doesn't he dress like this already?
Because it would give away his strongest Pokemon (unless you consider Archaludon his strongest) and that kind of outfit might also make people think he's gay.
>>
File: Very Elaborate Earrings.jpg (391 KB, 1536x2048)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>55826738
You might say to him, "You could easily line that bodysuit and jacket with Kevlar, probably add a holster in the jacket as well", and sure, that bodysuit is probably great for mobility, but you're forgetting that he'd still have to get the blood off of that thing afterwards.
>>
>>55822960
I like doing soft lewds (bikini stuff), but the thread doesn't seem to have the vibe for it so I'll skip it.
>>
>>55826722
>>55826738
>>55826777
Broke my brain for a sec trying to remember who this new guy is.
>Nah, couldn't be Alex, he would have photoshopped the Plusle out
>>
>>55826788
Maybe if we make some "Summer time!" edition, but that will be for the next ones. Should be soon. I mean, june is around the corner.
>>
>>55826841
Please don't, it will just derail the thread again. Talk about Pokemon.
>>
>>55826817
If there wasn't a shadow, I might have done that, but I'm not at the level of skill to Photoshop that out. Plus, I'd have to remove the circle anyways in order to make it look more convinving, since some of Plusle goes over it.
>>
>>55826857
But beachmons are cool! Paliosand, regional Exeguttor, Krabby, Wingull, fishmons. A beach edition sounds fun, like a getaway weekend!
>>
>>55826886
Sounds like an excuse to shove half-naked women into the thread again, why don't you let your brain relax and talk about Pokemon instead
>>
>>55826923
But I talked about Pokémon.
>>
>>55826940
Please continue to do so without using them an an excuse to trojan horse more sexual content into the discussion, thank you!
>>
File: be quiet nigga.jpg (71 KB, 950x912)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>55826958
I think you did more than the other guy to derail this thread by extending the argument needlessly.
>>
>>55826958
So... winter edition? We are having a few final days of the cold season, we could enjoy that.
>>
>>55826722
>>55826817
So what you're telling me is that this is NOT Alex?
>>
>>55826990
Did you actually think I drew that myself?
>>
>>55827000
Lookin like a pretty similar vibe save for the plusle for sure. And sure why not? You're dedicated enough.
>>
>>55826370
>>55826386
I aim to please :) It wasn't too much work, just edited what I already had.
>>55826481
I wonder what happened to the Luxray, that's so sad.
>>
File: rukarukanightfever.png (497 KB, 780x1270)
497 KB
497 KB PNG
>>55821401
>thread task
turns out i actually had time to draw this evening so have a ruka? i tried to keep it gyaru-ish with the arm+leg warmers and pleated skirt but referenced jynx with the top and color scheme, the hair clip and symbol on the skirt are supposed to look like lips lol. apologies if its off model or out of character im gonna do a lurantis themed look for vega to celebrate that anon's triumphant return unless they'd rather i not but i'm dropping this now in case i don't finish that tonight
>>
File: 0000.gif (375 KB, 500x300)
375 KB
375 KB GIF
>>55827118
>>
>>55827118
Soo cute. I love the lip motif and leg warmers.
>>
>>55824755
>>55824935
>>55824983
Can y'all at least send some images for me to draw...?
There's at least 1 funny response but I don't know what I am supposed to draw
>>
>>55827057
I mainly wanted to make it sound as "independent". I don't know why, but Luxray looks like a Pokémon that can take care of itself to me, like absol bad movepol and bst aside

>>55827118
AAAHHHHHHH!!! I love it!
>>
>>55827224
Go to the Mega and draw the character you think has got the crappiest drawing.
>>
File: 1710206546321973.png (83 KB, 600x600)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>55827224
I >>55824983 choose Alex, but make sure the finished result is rotated, like, five degrees off-center just to mess with him.
>>
>>55827125
>>55827178
>>55827232
many thanks! god this is making me wanna draft more outfits for bibi and co but i gotta resist the urge.....especially with that mienfoo animation still on the backburner
>>55826481
the luxray bit just goes to show that cats will be cats, i love all the little connections david forms over his journeys
>>55826676
kinda weird to think that even with the franchise being as outstandingly popular as it is we still have untranslated media
>>55826326
>>55826097
super lovely!!! i love the fancy braid around the ponytail A+ work as always. and that's definitely happened to alto at some point. not sure how but it's canon.
>>
File: ic.png (252 KB, 600x600)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>55827255
I'm still waiting on Koikatsu Guy to do his thing as well.
>>
>>55827333
I would have done it, but I was busy these days, boss told me to go to work in Labour Day, so I didn't have a free day, and I work 8am to 6pm. Even then when making azelie it took me like... 2? 3 weeks? to finish her well.
>>
>>55827365 (me)
That and I have been getting into 2 gachas these days, Brave nine/brown dust 2, and Knights of Veda. fuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>55825624
I prefer to limit myself to 6 personally. Honestly if I would prefer something like 2-3 since from a storytelling perspective I feel like it's easier to work with less and flesh out the individual Pokemon and battles, but I'm settled on 6 max.
>>55826064
I think the last time we interacted you hadn't yet debuted Ivy, but I'm a big fan. I love muscleheads, and making blending that with the nurse joy aesthetic makes for a very nice character. Your designs are charmingly straightforward, if that makes any sense?

Gotta work on expanding the world some more then!
>>55825159
I think that if you're feeling inspired by something you should chase the muse rather than worry too much about committing to the acts. At least, that's kinda what happens to me so that's the advice I'd give myself.
>>55826481
Man, I think it'd be fun to see like some little passages of David interacting with these mons in an anthology-type thing. David seems like he'd be fun to read about just living his everyday life. Very much like Archive-anon's irl stories actually.
>>55827118
I am, and always will be, a huge fan of yoyr work. I'm always honored by any fanart so please do as you please, since I know it comes from a place of love!
>>55827281
>kinda weird to think that even with the franchise being as outstandingly popular as it is we still have untranslated media
Me with a certain spinoff manga from the Gundam series. It's still one of those things that reminds me that I really should learn jp at some point. I even bought physical copies but I don't even want to open them to avoid spoilers TT
>>
>>55827392
I don't play gachas besides Genshin Impact. Honkai Star Rail as well I guess but I also haven't touched it since launch. I'm frankly not gachabrained or fantasybrained.
>>
Hey guys, I finally figured out why I haven't been able to get shit done! Extra-strength stout? More like extra-strength roofie.
>>
>>55827224
I got nothing that's simple, sorry.
>>
>>55827601
Sounds like a no brainer conclusion to me at even just a glance.
>>
File: reference sheet.png (1.51 MB, 3212x1196)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>55821401
Another, bigger template. Put your OC's portrait on a layer underneath the image.
>>
File: referencesheet.png (1.61 MB, 3212x1196)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB PNG
>>55827744
Whoops, wrong one
>>
>>55827649
Well, well! Look who has their head screwed on right and both of their homegrown kidneys! And such a thick beard... those muscular biceps! Oughff ~
Oh wait, it's me.
But yeah, you gotta understand that these sorts of things don't happen to me usually, I thought it was just incidental up until this point. I was totally amped up to do some writing after a good day of physical exercise and dodging around the wild storms blowing off the Lake, cracked open a beer with dinner....... and completely shifted polarity. You've all seen what happens when I have a sip of rum--like Popeye and spinach--so this betrayal cuts deeply for me, like accusing a spouse of using the last bit of toilet paper and forgetting to replace the roll.
>>55827744
Ooh, such detail! As soon as I feel like getting up, I'll add it to the collection.
>>
>>55826722
>>55826738
>>55826777
Here's one for Archaludon. This one could probably also have Kevlar and a holster put on it as well.
>>
File: file.png (277 KB, 627x619)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>55827744
>>55827760
>hover over images by accident
>sitting in dark room cause I was too lazy to turn the lamp on yet
>fucking flashbanged
Make a dark mode versioooooon
>>
Do NOT check the Catalog right now.
>>
File: 1b1.png (298 KB, 640x516)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>55828055
You'd think this was /pol/ or something at this point with how often this shit happens and what specifically said raids consist of.
>>
>>55828055
>I made it the fuck up and sharty posts
Thanks for the heads up
>>
>>55828063
At least /pol/ is funny sometimes
>>
>>55827744
>>55827760
What does any of this have to do with pokemon? Why does it list stupid shit like Hogwarts house? This is literally just a tumblr user's bio sheet, not a pokemon trainer shit.
>>
>>55828098
Personally, it's people who CAN'T fill out a sheet with smaller OC details that are sub par imo. And in the opinion of perfectly competent writing partners I've had before. Though some of it COULD stand to be trimmed off a bit.
>>
File: shoulders.png (207 KB, 730x615)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>55821401
Bibi. I'm not sure if you intended this, but when I looked at this again, I noticed that you created an optical illusion that makes his shoulders look way broader than they actually are
>>
>>55828103
Yeah man having a Hogwarts house selected for your OC is the hallmark of a deep and well written character, that's definitely the kind of detail that sells an OC as being well thought out and high quality to me.
>>
>>55828129
I'll keep the chart for DM reasons, is a relatively nice chart.
But I feel it would suit a DnD or a Harry Potter game.
>>
>>55828129
As I said, some of it could stand to be trimmed. But the rest is fine.
>>
Bump
>>
Non burger reporting. Bump.
>>
>>55821401
>>55799261

It's time to hone your skills.

Meet Castor, the tough-as-nails Steel user. Being the town's blacksmith who holds tradition in high regards. He's an unyielding man who loves keeping the old craft alive. Though, his love for doing things the old fashion way has made him go against innovation, which is a direct contrast with his twin sister Carsen, who yearns for innovation and experimenting.
>>
>>55828797
Burly guy!
>>
Oh yeah, I still owe bibianon a drawing. If you're here, drop a ref sheet of her and I'll prop something up within 1 to 2 business epochs.
>>
Bump before bed just to be safe. Also dropping the building infiltration espionage bit and gonna do something slightly different for the first leg of the fic and maybe get off my ass and write a good chunk of it later.
>>
Let's chase the stormhead today, /tog/.
>>
Y'know, I guess in hindsight it really is all my fault that everything is ruined whenever I get back from my weekends. It's my fault for wanting time to myself, really.
Behold your future, college students: a lifetime of answering the dumbest and most self-evident questions over and over for people who think pressing the alt-tab shortcut is pure wizardry. Like a babysitter, any inattentiveness on your part results in a tragic accident involving a fork and an electrical socket.
What can we gather from this? It's that the odds are good that someone can spend their entire lives around Pokemon and still never grasp the most basic Type matchups.
>>
>>55829810
I can imagine someone going in universe
>Wait what is a Type?
>>
File: Ruka pokemon.png (910 KB, 2254x1342)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
Decided to doodle some of Ruka's pokemon. Showing off the fashion/makeup that Ruka likes to put on her pokemon. (Only the ones who enjoy it though)
>>
>>55829810
Let’s have a shitty day today, /tog/.
>>
>>55830200
No, mi amor. Every day we are given the opportunity to accomplish something. Even on the worst of days we can still take a step forward.
>>
>>55829992
Cute
>>
Up
>>
File: zigzagoon_fullview.png (650 KB, 894x894)
650 KB
650 KB PNG
Bump!
>>
>>55831129
>>55831448
Where the hell is everyone?
This is the slowest we've ever been.
>>
>>55831463
I was asleep for 11 hours after being awake for almost 24 hours.
>>
>>55831463
Is fine, man.
Considering art and writing takes time, having a day off for random stuff is alright. Besides, this thread is (more or less) watched over 24/7, so it won't slide unless we get an unlucky roll during a raid.
We are fine, just chilling.
>>
Hi. I need help with some character designs for my fangame's Gym Leaders. Would any of you be honored to do so?
>>
>>55831777
What kind of help? Art design? Team building? Difficulty scaling?
>>
>>55831463
Some of us work for a living! I have savings goals I want to reach.
>>
>>55831845
Art design
I'm working on a demo that will be 2-3 Gyms long. The first Gym Leader(s) will be scoutmasters of a troop of either Campers or Picnickers. They specialize in Normal-types and you only fight one of them depending on the gender of your player.
The second Gym Leader will be an elderly man based off of Vietnam War veterans. He will specialize in Grass-types.
>>
>>55831877
You would want to poach a draw thread for that, we're a writing workshop.
>>
>>55831877
For the scoutmasters, I suggest an outfit that is somewhere between an adult version of the Camper/Picnicker aesthetic and the Ranger outfits. But customize it to fit the local terrain and weather conditions.

For the elderly man, you can emphasize the military aspect and dress him in fatigues or, depending on how the man felt about his military service, emphasize some other aspect of his personality. The Vietnam War deeply divided the American people and there wasn't such support for the men that fought in it, especially the walking wounded. Did he fight on the American side? Why does he like Grass types? After all, the trees speak Vietnamese.
>>
File: vaguelyvegalurantis.png (920 KB, 900x1400)
920 KB
920 KB PNG
>>55827397
;w; i'm likewise very honored you like my silly doodles so much. also based fellow gundam enjoyer. sorry if the outfit looks a little odd, i actually think lurantis is very cute but when i looked at it i started realizing it looks like its blending western and eastern outfit elements? like its body resembles a dress or a tailcoat but its also obviously got the furisode sleeves, pretty interesting imo! sorry if the elements don't seem like they work on vega (also i'm a little unsure if i got the hair gradient right, soryy)
>>55828126
fucking lmao. optical illusion of "this looks like shit because i drew it while tired". oh well, i revised that outfit anyways
>>55829163
aw anon you don't "owe" me anything, if you like bibi, go ahead and knock yourself out, but if you don't wanna draw her it's no big deal yknow? here's that ref sheet in case you need it tho
https://files.catbox.moe/hqqs57.png
>>55828797
like the contrast between him and carsen
>>55829992
adorable
>>
>>55831949
Military fatigues are so overdone. Give him a bucket hat and dress him like an old man gardening--a vest, blue jeans, and some oversized boots. Give him a machete to HM01 through the jungle and he's good to go.
>>
File: XY_Ramos.png (95 KB, 215x382)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>55832018
That would be Ramos, but ready to bushwhack.
>>
>>55830200
Jesus Fucking Christ this was a self fulfilling prophecy. What makes it worse is that today’s events would have suggested that a good day was in the works. At least HEALTH’s two parts of DISCO4 made it suck a bit less.
>>
>>55832029
Trust me, you're the first person to think about Ramos in the past six years. Army greens would only make the comparison more overt. But if our humble /rhe/fu/g/ee decides to make an old man who's still kept in shape, someone muscular to Ramos's wispy, then at least he can have the benefit of being an inverted Ramos and all the more interesting for it.
>>55832050
There, there, anon, I sympathize with your pain. I got heartburn from lunch and sat on my balls at one point, so maybe we just need to remember the positives.
>>
File: Voltorba8.png (927 KB, 1072x1409)
927 KB
927 KB PNG
Voltorba would look best wearing Las Vegas.

Voltorba doesn't work for the poor. She works for herself. She's a working girl. She makes that bread and spends it on wax for that shine. She was born to shine.
>>
File: daquan.gif (1.33 MB, 200x200)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB GIF
>>55832295
You got me with that one.
>>
>>55832295
I love voltorba
>>
>>55832295
Can I play roulette with Voltorba?
>>
File: kayda-xtreme.png (19 KB, 512x512)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Day 234568 waiting for a new Kayda thread. No AI trash, no "concept" posters. Just pure Kaydas, Ryokos and Tatsuos.
Save us, Kinnoh-sama...
>>
File: sneed.png (60 KB, 583x298)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>
File: 5.png (707 KB, 5120x2880)
707 KB
707 KB PNG
>>
>>55832363
Damn! Nice. But it would've worked in the thred where everybody was wearing bikinis.
Still, saved.
>>
Bump
>>
Here are sketches of the Normal-type Gym Leaders of Evergreen.
I am not good at drawing human characters...
>>
>>55832879
Neat designs, I like the one below.
>>
Non burger reporting

>>55832912
Now this is neato. I knos is Lurantis, but it has very 60s style clothing, like Tom's suit when he tried to score that kitty.

>>55832018
>>55832879
Hmmm, don't take my word, but maybe I'll sketch an idea. Don't expect anything great. I don't draw, but I have the basic idea at least.

>>55832295
Can I play PokéRoulette with her? We could break the Mauville's Game Corner. We can get all the TMs and plushies.

>>55832363
Woo-eh! Now that's a sight for sore eyes. Been a long time since I saw her. Good to see she is as pretty as always. Good to see you as well, man.

Now, we resume our normal daily bumping schedule.
Bump
>>
>>55833077
The first sentence was for >>55832001
>>
File: Ruka pokemon.png (1.35 MB, 2636x1534)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>55829992
Added some more. I think this is a decent starting point. I'll write up some snippits for how she caught all of them.
>>
File: ivysketch.png (471 KB, 700x970)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
Procrastinating on my writing with a little sketch. Enjoy.

>>55827397
Aw thank you so much. I made Ivy as a way to get me out of the creative rut I fell into with Miko. As much as I love the little guy, I just couldn't find a way to write a super compelling story with just him alone. I'll still write for Miko and have him make appearances every now and then too in Ivy's journey. Anyways, glad you like her :)
>>55828797
Carsen was my fav of the gym leaders you posted. Seeing Castor though makes me realize how much older she actually is which took me by surprise. Pretty cool.
>>55829992
So cute Ruka-anon <3
>>55832001
Gorgeous. Vega's eyes look sooo pretty and I'm in love with her hat.
>>55832879
For someone who's "not good" at drawing humans, these are pretty good! I really like the guy scout master. Do either of them have names yet? And do they have different teams?
>>
>>55833255
Ruka has impeccable taste in Pokemon and I love the way you draw these guys. Adorable
>>
Bump. Also checking >>55833333
>>
Ahh, how I envy you and your weekend break. Sure, I only work two days next week, but that's not the point. I want every weekend off.
Let's make the most of our free time for those who can't, /tog/.
>>
Heyo, it’s me!

In your time of need, I reappear! I’ve done a bunch of thinking about the whole parental storyline. I know some of you offered some more changes to Hemlock’s team, but I’m honestly happy with how it is. I have DnD later today, but if I can get some uni work done maybe I can write later today.

I’m considering splitting up chapter 1 in two parts because I’m like, maybe 20% done with what I want to tell? I’m almost at the start of act 2, speaking in movie terms. But that would also probably be pretty anticlimactic… if only I could have a steady rhythm of writing!

>writing
>online RPing
>fighting games
>uni work/art in general

GUH I have WAY too many things in life that take daily effort to do… and I don’t do all of them every day! I’m seriously spread thin :PPP
>>
>>55833622
Welcome back, Musume.
>>
>>55833622
Do your best, son.
>>
>>55833628
THAT’S NOT MY NAAAAAAAAAME

>>55833638
But my dad is ded…
Then WHO WAS PHONE!?

JK my dad’s just fine
>>
>>55833622
You got this, dude!
(And maybe remember to take time to rest. You'll drive yourself into the ground otherwise.
>>
>>55833814
Tell me about it. It only just hit me this morning that I wrote an entire novel-length story in my off time. Just the thought of it has me fatigued.
>>
Bump
>>
File: IMG_20240504_205326_528.jpg (93 KB, 1280x1179)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Photo of Tweny taken in unknown place. This is rare occasion of him being seen with pink hairdo

Discuss
>>
>>55834597
a very good look on him
>>
>>55834597
Looks like those scenes where the MC is one red room, and he is about to throw down.
>>
>>55834597
It's a good look for him. You should keep it but with black highlights.
>>
>>55832363
So make a new one for them and wank elsewhere, why is it so hard to leave the smut out of ONE thread

Whoever is making the threads needs to be clear that this isn't the place for it
>>
>>55835096
Anon, I suggest you delete this, the bait has already passed by and it's better to not encourage the return of fetish threads in any way because that only gives them more manpower for raiding.
>>
File: vssmoliv.gif (2.96 MB, 1129x1000)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB GIF
the budget cuts at bibi studios are really starting to show (finally at the halfway mark but i kinda dislike how smolivs rolling along the floor looks more like being tossed up in the air....not quite sure how to fix it yet and i also don't wanna redo that bit entirely. fuck, i love learning new crafts but also i hate learning new crafts)
>>55833255
i'm honestly envious of how well you draw pokemon, shellder and ledyba are especially perfect
>>55833297
love how your poses are always very fluid and dynamic, really helps communicate your ocs personalities
>>55833077
art from our nightly bumper? hell yes
>>55833622
a lot to juggle, don't stretch yourself too thin, and remember to draw with proper posture or the carpal tunnel demon's gonna get ya (that goes for all the art anons here actually)
>>
>>55835486
>not quite sure how to fix it yet
Draw a background so he isn't freestyling in the void? Clouds of dust as it bounces on the ground?
>>
Bump
>>
>it's been a week since I made that waltz sketch
Fuck...
>>
>>55836222
Sounds like you're due for some progress.
>>
>>55821401
Mfw I finally have inspiration AND time to write but I've already wasted some of both and I have to edit the opening scene because I just realized how fucking DOGSHIT it is.
>>
>>55836353
Edit later, just write! You can clean it up later, reward that rush.
>>
>>55836353
>>55836393
Time to open the booze and Hemingway this shit.
>>
>>55836426
Be warned, anon, the Hemingway Method is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.
>>
File: 1708199440211.jpg (3.33 MB, 3024x3729)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB JPG
>>55832001
She looks so pretty TT
You did a great job! The gradient looks just fine, and I think the outfit really came together well! My favorite part is definitely the hat, because I could totally see Vega having some sort of hat collection in her home that she just picks out to suit her outfit.
>>55832295
>the entirety of Las Vegas
I kneel.
>>
File: IMG_7784.jpg (1.97 MB, 4032x3024)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>55836353
I'll join you, anon
>>55836426
>>55836440
Fug it, we ballin'
>>
>>55835486
I love seeing you animate. Its making me consider taking a crack at it. Just not sure which pokemon I wanna use.
>>
>>55835585
i was doing everything i could think of to not include backgrounds but unfortunately you're probably right and i have to quit cutting corners
>>55836486
very glad to hear you like it! an adult vega without a fancy hat is almost like an angel without wings.....
>>55836652
haha i DEFINITELY recommend starting off with something rounder looking that doesn't seem like it has to move stiffly, even though it's still a relatively simple design, mienfoo's more humanoid frame turned out to be way more complicated to move around than ribombee or smoliv, though that might just be a me problem. really hope to see you take your shot at it!
>>
File: horde battle.gif (460 KB, 396x222)
460 KB
460 KB GIF
Ohhh, sweet rum, forgive me for ever cheating on you. I haven't felt so awake in days.
>>55836816
May I make a suggestion.
>>
Never fucking mind, editor-chan walked in.
>>
>>55837089
>___>
>>
More like alcoholics general amirite.
>>
>>55837608
Some of us. But hey! As long as it works, and we don't let it control your lives it will be alright.
Besides, personally I prefer cola or fruit juice.
>>
Bump.
>>
>>55837573
To clarify, e-chan is the sort of person I want to shower in affection and kisses even when I'm not an affectionate drunk, but when I only have three hours of free time before bed and already made it clear that I wanted to dedicate that time to writing, is that really the best time to discuss the nutritional value of chocolate-covered peanuts?
>>
File: 1680955178037047.jpg (25 KB, 548x512)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Don't look in the Catalog. At this point you very well know why.
>>
>>55838235
That's why you shift+click in advance. I only see that shit once, and never again.
Until the retard restarts his router, damn him.
>>
>>55838239
Seeing it once at all is bad enough desu.
>>
>>55838208
>________>

Bump.
>>
>>55838494
I cannot justify my actions without treading on our anonymity. My lips are sealed.
>>
Bump.
>>
>Start offering friends and such to recreate their OCs in Koi
>suddenly 3 or 4 people ask for models on top of the anons here
AAAAAAAAHHHHH WHY SUDDENLY NOW YOU TOO GUYS?
>>
>>55828797
>>55799261

Added more in depth descriptions for each of Ibaro's Gym Leaders. Feel free to look if you're interested. Added tags for easier navigation.

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/feetfish/oskar-the-downtown-debonair
>>
>>55838804
>have backlog of models to make
>ask blokes if they want some made ontop of that
>your backlog now has a backlog
Sorry bro but you kinda did that one yourself. Best of luck regardless
>>
>>55838871
No, no, It's because I offered them before, and NOW they take up the offer. at least they only ask for one outfit at least.
>>
Bumperoni.
>>
>>55821401
Does your OC eat Pokemon?
>>
>>55839505
Only the cattle (cows/bovines and pigs), poultry (bird) and actual fish ones. Anything else is wack in Emily's eyes.
>>
>>55838245
How I wish I had my "you get used to it" Goblin Slayer meme.
>>
File: sddefault.png (330 KB, 640x480)
330 KB
330 KB PNG
>>55840010
>>
>>55840276
Thanks man
>>
>>55840276
Darn, you beat me to it.
>>
>>55821401
I was contemplating whether or not to replace Dragalge with Kingambit when I came to the realization that Dark/Ice is an AWFUL typing, even worse than Rock/Dark. It's got four somewhat useful resistances in exchange for weaknesses to several of the most common attacking types and neutrality to some others. I still think Weavile can have a niche with clearing out Ground types that can threaten Archaludon and Dragalge/Kingambit.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (996 KB, 640x460)
996 KB
996 KB WEBM
>>55840533
Ohoho, classic Alex!
>>
Bump
>>
File: hasumi lacey sketch.png (2.92 MB, 3617x3411)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB PNG
On today's episode of "sketch layers that look better than the endproduct", some Hasumi content so I can procrastinate from finishing her main piece. I'll ramble about it some other time because my head feels like the average BTR-50 in Avdiivka.
>>
File: 1542147754887.png (121 KB, 500x500)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Well, lads, for once I feel like I'm totally out of my depth. My first and only experience with nightclubs begins and ends with getting choked out by a cholo in a bathroom stall.
His technique was amateurish, but the end result was the same.
I knew exactly what to write earlier, when I was nowhere near any of my own personal devices. But now? Totally fucking clueless, whatever ephemeral ideas I thought I had have dissolved into white noise behind my slow-roasted amygdala. And to think I skipped out of the office early for this.
>>55840959
OH FUG thanks for reminding me:
>>55838814
I wanted to look through that link when I had the chance.
>>
>>55840959
PUREST FORM OF LOVE!!!

>My only experience is being choked by a cholo in a bathroom stall
You should've offered tequila, get him a bit soft, and ESCAPE using that stall. Fuck him with the debt.
>>
>>55841148
I forgot to link
>>55840974
>>
File: clownworld.jpg (51 KB, 471x395)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>55841148
Were it so simple. I didn't have the swagger I do now, but I had my hair grown out and nothing but vinegar in my guts back then. Some people like to reflect on the fights they've won, but me? My mind always goes back to the one I lost.
My friend and his friends wanted to take me for a night on the town, and what kind of college student would I have been to refuse? We go bar-hopping through the heart of the city and the charming one of the group manages to weasel us into a nightclub--couldn't tell you which one even if I was sober at the time. Well, I never learned how to dance even in the best of times, but I sure knew how to make myself comfortable at a bar stool. Really, not a bad way to end a long night until Rodriguez walks in with his posse and fills up the counterspace. You've seen the type before. Popped collars, beaded crucifix necklaces, polished dress shoes, loud colors and louder mouths. I feel a splash of iced drink on my shoulder and turn in my stool to ask them to keep it down.
What I said, paraphrasing, was "hey, champ, take it easy."
What Cholo next to me heard was "fuck you, fuck your whore girlfriend, and fuck your grandmother's ashes." My fault, really, for suggesting he do something he didn't want to do.
My next suggestion was to take this discussion to the bathroom, which he was all too eager to accept.
>>
File: 1540496968076.png (134 KB, 900x800)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>55841220
So Cholo gathers up his friends, and I wave a few of mine over, and we all make our way to the restroom and shoo out the spectators. We agree to a gentleman's duel: no one stops until someone taps. Cholo kisses his precious fucking cross, and me, I just stand there with my arms at my side and wait. The circle gets drawn, and the fight starts. I get a good few swings in at his chin and cheeks before this five-foot-nothing blowhard drops low, wraps his arms around my waist, and hoists me up into the air while I continue to hammer away at his head. The first tackle slams me against the bathroom wall. The next tackle slams me against the hand dryer. Don't feel bad, he hit himself with that more than he did me. The next tackle spins us around and sends us sailing through a closed bathroom stall, knocking the door right out of its hinges as we fall to the ground. Evidently, some fucking prankster had locked it and then crawled out from below. Cholo lands on top of me, pins me to the ground, and wraps both hands tight around my throat. It's at this point that I begin to realize I'm in too deep. I reach up and grab for his necklace.
I would like to say I had some 300-IQ plan to distract him so I could pull off my epic turnaround, but the truth is, I just wanted to hurt him in the only way I could.
I yank the crucifix from his neck, sending gaudy beads scattering across the bathroom floor before I reach over, drop the necklace in the toilet, and pull the lever. Then and only then do I tap. Cholo's buddies step in to pull him off of me. One of them even helps me to my feet. And, without a single word spoken, we all walk out of the bathroom. I take my place at the bar, and the cholos take their places right next to me, louder than before yet no worse for wear.
Anyways, that's about the closest I've got to dying stateside. Good times.
>>
>>55841220
But hey, at least you learned two very important lessons that day: Fuck nightclubs, and fuck beaners.
>>
>>55840959
I thought you said Hasumi was supposed to be yuriBAIT, not full on yuri.
>>
>>55841278
DePaul tier activities
>>
>>55838814
Cute stuff. Castor didn't strike me as the wary traditionalist type afraid of obsolescence with that big, confident grin of his, but in hindsight it makes a lot of sense.
>>55841341
Hey! I'll have you know we were on break from Purdue at the time.
>>
>>55840974
>>55841220
>>55841278
Um, Pokemon Original Characters???
>>
>>55841220
>>55841278
Next time, bring a philippino
https://youtu.be/OeldDfgMPRI?si=mZmmkl0it6FIMKwL
>>
>>55841456
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the cholo had a Psyduck with him. Its blank stare unnerved me.
>>
>>55840573
The thing is, they're both good options with their own drawbacks and benefits. Kingambit, like Corviknight, is mostly locked into being a STAB attacker, with a few exceptions like Brick Break, Stone Edge, and Megahorn (in writing), but it hits like a truck. Dragalge has a wider movepool and can run a slightly more mixed set, but can't hit with such extreme power. Both are sluggish, but Dragalge is easier to grab. However, Kingambit worsens Alex's weakness to Fighting and Fire that Dragalge patches up a bit, but its defensive typing overall is better providing more resistances. However, Kingambit is a bit more vulnerable to Special attacks, just like Archaludon, and Dragalge is supposed to be more specially defensive. And again, it can't reliably run a mixed set which leaves it vulnerable to close range attacks that can hit it SE, as opposed to Dragalge that can fire off ranged attacks to get physical attackers to fuck off.

In case you're wondering how he's supposed to get it, in Act 1 he catches a solitary Pawniard that was exiled from its group because ??? alternatively he might catch a solitary Bisharp during Act 2 or 3
>>
>>55841713
>he catches a solitary Pawniard that was exiled from its group because
They why is irrelevant. One loner is drawn towards another, that's what matters.
>>
>>55841726
Should also mention, he no longer catches and dismisses Kleavor when he breaks into the newly formed Terrarium. I decided that it would be redundant because he already has a Stealth Rock setter on his team and Kleavor has a "dirty" aesthetic that clashes with his image.

Kind of a subjective thing, but basically "dirty" and "clean" are a "vibes based" thing when it comes to Pokemon. Scrafty and Weavile are both suitable for criminals, but Scrafty pertains more to a petty thief while Weavile pertains more to a Ponzi schemer, one is dumb muscle, the other is calculated violence.
>>
>>55832879
Colored
>>
>>55841968
This looks nice! Well done!
>>
>>55841968
I really like the looks, good job.
>>
Non burger reporting. Bump.
>>
Calm night. Saluting all my waggie bros out there, fighting tooth and nail for a paycheck.
May you get a raise that inflation WON'T kill.
>>
>>55841319
I mean, technically it's still bait.
>>
Bump
>>
After the fire
Sprouts emerge from the ashes
My mind is now clear

Let's do our best today, /tog/.
>>
Bump.
>>
Oh yeah, it's all coming together now. Had a good powwow with e-chan and now we're off and running.
>>
>>55821401
Do you guys think Golden Grin from Payday 2 is a good reference to use for the casino, or is that too Vegas for the setting of Black City?
>>
>>55843660
>too Vegas for the setting of Black City?
Not at all, Black City is very much the Sin City of Unova. Everyone is there to make money.
The red carpets, dark lighting, and fancy chandeliers of Golden Grin blend well with the noir-contemporary style of Black City and its jazzy, unfettered capitalism.
>>
Breakfast break, I'll pour out a tall glass (of fruit juice) for all our fallen friends.
>>
Bump.
>>
File: preview.png (9 KB, 640x114)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>55844507
>>
Ok intermission question time!
What are youse thoughts on giving your mons moves that they should not normally know, according to game/anime rules, but that are fitting/egg move in Pokerogue if it fits the current situation? Example: Golurk using Headlong Rush.
Would/do you do it temporarily or as a one-of? Fabricate some downside/limitation to it? Where do you draw the line as to what moves they should be able to use and when? Or if you're going to do that in the first place?
>>
>>55844883
On one hand, just deciding that a mon has a move it can't normally learn can be arbitrary and break down into a little kid's "nuh-uh/yuh-huh" argument if it isn't handled tactfully.
On the other hand, it's literally no different from gamufreaku doing the same thing, oftentimes pretty arbitrarily.
You could make the argument that Golurk in your corner of the world are just built different, or they had access to a good tutor that showed them how to channel that energy.
We live in a post-Dexit world where moves that functioned for decades just suddenly stopped working. Cosmic whiplash from Eternatus waking up? Change in policy within the international Pokemon League? Who told all the wild Doduo they can't use Pursuit anymore?
Nah, forget that. If a move worked in the past, it can work just fine now. If you can offer a good explanation for why you're mixing it up, then the point doesn't need to be defended.
I think the better question is why you would want to grant new moves and what the narrative significance of doing that would be.
>>
>>55844883
More electric moves for Volbeat.
He already can learn Thunder, Thunder Punch, Charge Beam, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Shockwave.
Give him Wild Charge. It's essentially just an electrified tackle, so why not.
Pikaclone status pending. Just replace my boy as the new mascot of the series, he's ready.
>>
>>55844991
Regarding dexit, I would just consider "nuh uh"ing to moves being removed. For all I care Tyranitar still can use pursuit.
Though yeah, it's tough cause on the other side you're not much more different from <insert kaizo hack here> or whatever, as much as I'd love it for Electivire to have Iron Fist.
>>
Non burger here. Taking a moment while getting ready for work.

>>55841968
I guess I'm late, still posting my take. For the male Camp Master, I though you could do all the green uniform, but with those large bands those good campers have, and instead of badges on them, his Pokémon are hanging there. He is supposed to be wearing... I don't know how sre called, so I will call it "paper boat", because they look like if you are wearing that.
As for the female one, I made two: one with a skirt, maybe you could put a shawl on her. She is supposed to wear a bonnet, but it came out wrong so I didn't do it.
The one on the right is a more summer look: short pants and shirt. Maybe you can make her wear a summer or straw hat.
Finally, the bug leader. I went with the Vietnam hobo/gardener look, so maybe he could be hiding in the tall grass. The gray line is supposed to be a cape. I play a lot of PUBG, so my head went "Ghillie suit". Camo is great to hide in the trees.

>These are crude
I did say I don't draw. I have the shapes, but maybe I need more training before actually drawing art.

>>55844883
I usually try to respect movepools, but then GF added like a thousand, so I went "screw it, I'll make my own". Still trying to put them in universe, and trying to not make them meta broken.

>>55845018
I prefer Poison Tail or Poison Fangs.
>>
File: 20240506_162331.jpg (3.83 MB, 4080x3060)
3.83 MB
3.83 MB JPG
>>55845228
And I forgot the image. Here.
>>
>>55845117
Precisely. Digging into the grit of why X can't have Y raises far bigger dilemmas than Wooper learning Ice Punch while Yanmega can't learn Fly. A primary source like the learnsets available ingame is hard to argue against, but stepping beyond that causes the whole system to become nebulous. If you give Yanmega Fly, are you going to give it to Scyther and Beautifly too? They both have wings, they're all Flying-Types, and they all dwarf Pidgey who has always been able to learn Fly.
Nope. If they were gonna learn it, they would have by now. For whatever reason, they just don't vibe with that Move as a species. Maybe an exceptional individual can learn something beyond its nature, like the event mons and their weird moves https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/User:MasterBraixen96/List_of_event-only_moves but the quest for a Flyther would be an entire narrative in and of itself.
>>
>>55844883
Like I said before, Pokemon can learn any move that it would “make sense” for them to learn in my writing. I think I said this before but Alex’s Dragapult can fire Bullet Seed out of the two smaller horns that the Dreepy don’t occupy, like a machine gun. In some cases this also results in Pokemon losing moves, such as Dragalge probably not being able to learn Focus Blast anymore because I doubt those noodle arms can channel Fighting energy. It’s ultimately arbitrary, but I’m doing my best to avoid something ridiculous like Weavile being able to learn Flamethrower.
>>
>>55845247
I'm not saying it can't happen, or shouldn't, but that it should be given due ceremony. The thrill of discovery, not knowing what's around the next corner, and the driving question of "but what if" is precisely what the series was built on.
By all means, give an Electivire Iron Fist, but respect what that means. An anomaly like that is more rare than any shiny, equally as valuable as a one-of-a-kind legendary. Those who know about its existence should be kneecapping their rivals just for the chance to get a look at it, let alone battle and catch it. The prestige it represents would be the highlight of a Trainer's career, not just a throwaway line or Trap Card no jutsu.
>>
>>55845268
A non-OC specific example of this is Larvitar using Harden in the anime. It can’t learn that ingame, but are you going to tell me that the Rock Skin Pokemon wouldn’t be able to harden itself?
>>
>>55844883
I do that yes. Mawile being able to learn Brick Break, Ice Punch and Thunder Punch tells me there is no reason a Mawile can't also use Fire Punch and Drain Punch apart from balance related reasons.

Fire Punch cause she can literally learn Fire Fang and has the other Punch moves.
Drain Punch cause Brick Break, the elemental punches and fucking Dynamic Punch + Mega Punch.

Golisopod knows stuff like Earthquake cause if some stupid shit like Rhydon can stomp the ground and cause an Earthquake, Golisopod can too since it already has Drill Run and Rock Slide. Among other things there's also just the UNIQUE moves that Emily has come up with for some of her Pokemon too.
>>
File: 1705508058202042 (1).png (261 KB, 1572x830)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>55844883
I was thinking about this the other day because I had an idea of Ruka's oddish using "screech" only to find out it can't learn that or any sound based move. Which is CRAZY to me because it's Pokedex entry literally states that if an oddish is plucked from the ground it'll make a horrible shriek. By all means it is well established as a thing oddish does, but there's no in-game application of this bit of lore. Also Jynx still knows wake up slap because I'm not paying attention to decir shenanigans. I'll do my best to stick to the canon but if it just makes sense for a pokemon to know a move, im gonna give it that move.
>>
>>55845490
>needing any other move on Oddish besides ababor
>>
>>55845551
Alex, ffs
>>
Anyone else like to play with their OC trainers using AI?
>>
>>55846012
Neat, what kind of setup did that take?
>>
>>55845950
That wasn't me. I don't dislike Oddish but I also won't feature it in any major capacity. Maybe one will get jobbed by Varoom in the Little Cup of Act 1 or there will be a passing mention of it in Interlude 5 when Alex goes to the K-K-K-K-KANTOOOOOO region to catch the Legendary Birds.
>>
the gradation of twenys
>>
>>55846065
Its a matter of telling it to use code interpreter to make a block where the pokemon's stats and moves are shown. with chat gpt you can get it to make a UI and show it like its a battle between pokemon
just make a good prompt to start it or use one of the custom gpt (best to make your own)
>>
>>55846065
https://chatgpt.com/g/g-7wDCIhFaa-generic-monster-adventure-copy-copy
try this. you will need to fight against the copyright openai bs by sending thumbs down on some dall e prompts that refuse to print with the 'refused when it shouldnt have'
try sending it examples of pokemon and artstyles or asking specifically for 'fakemon' or saying something like 'make battle bong snorelax' and itll just make snorelax with an off detail
>>
>>55846232
Why the fuck does he get that bowl cut?
>>
>>55846416
>all anime protags must be handsome
>>
>>55846436
>implying he isn't handsome af with those peekaboo bangs
>>
File: 1709470050153907.png (61 KB, 500x370)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>55846416
Needed something to fit with yellow suit
>>
>>55846232
I bet the next rendition will have spiked hair like a 90s/2000s punk singer. He does his hair crazy.
>>
File: scaramouche_49s8.1200.png (777 KB, 1200x750)
777 KB
777 KB PNG
>>55846232
>>55846436
>>55846450
He looks like Scaramouche, but ugly.
>>
>>55846624
Anon... he... wash your eyes
>>
>>55846624
>gacha sloppa
/vg/ or /vm/
>>
>>55846624
Scaratrash is already ugly though.
>>
>>55846780
Really? I thought it was a Xeno 3 character I haven't saw.
>>
>>55846784
>not using "Schizomouche" or "Scaradouche"
lmao yurifaggot detected
>>
>>55821401
This thread felt a lot longer than it actually was. It felt like it lasted an entire week even though it falls two days short.
>>
I just realized something. Is it actually known who the OC and artist in the OP image is? I don't recognize that character or artstyle from anyone else.
>>
>>55821401
>>55846881
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (133 KB, 800x1143)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>55846841
Yesterday and today didn't actually bring much new content to the table since bibi and axel caught whatever horrific throat mutation killed koanon. We have proof that roukanon, tweny and the gremlin are alive and the archivist is a fucking mess and that's about it, so the thread only actually has three days worth of OC to it.
>>55846856
Some recent drawfag who participated in the last few threads. Cozy artwork.
>>
>>55846890
Don't forget me, the non burger who watches the thread while you guys sleep.
Good night btw.
>>
>>55846918
Thank you, boo
xoxo

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.