[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

First of May edition. (Nurse Joy is still on vacation)

A thread for the creation and discussion of fan fiction and other fanworks - anything that involves a story and/or reading.

old:
>>55732174

>Thread Question
Can you, do you, and should you use game-protagonists as characters in your fic? With them being blank-slate silent protagonists, is there even a reason to use them? Is there anything to work with?
>>
Lechonk: S-stop anon I don't want this
[Anon]: I don't fucking care you filthy pig whore you're taking this cock *forces him to the ground*
Lenchonk: AHHH HELP HELP OINK OINK
[Anon]: *Rapes*
>>
>>55821847
I’ve been having this idea around my head, but what about having those silent protags, or even an SI, as a villain? Your pov character is someone from the Pokémon world and they have to deal with the nonsensical bullshit that this antagonist does, either with their bulbapedia knowledge or knowing things ahead of time. Would be cool to have a character be forced to deal with this and the ramifications of some Smogon player going sicko mode to the world
>>
>kanto fic
>they get a gyrados
every. single. time.
>>
>>55822120
We kinda got that with Ever Play Competitive. Turns out smogon players are barely able to go sicko mode even if the world functions almost identically to the games. Imagine how bad they'd be without game logic to hide behind.
>no turns, which already throws nearly their entire perception of pokemon battling into the trash and puts everything on a time limit(no more stalling your command until the last second to be absolutely certain or in an attempt to make your opponent surrender out of annoyance)
>no 4 move limit, which throws virtually every matchup they've memorized into the garbage as well
>dodging/blocking/etc exists
>no numerical and uniform stat system, which throws their memorized calculations into the dumpster entirely
>people won't fight 1v1 if their well-being depends on it, making being a criminal very difficult for a smogon player
>god help them if "aim for the horn" exists
>>
>>55822495
But Gyarados is cool :(
>>
Remember, if you can't think of a plot, just write about how the character
>has depression for some reason
>vomited because so traumatized
>state appointed therapy sessions because pokemon is so heckin serious
>how heckin valid someone's feelings are
>>
>>55823382
Yes but why is it practically always a thing for Kanto fics?
>>
>>55823387
>don't have a plot
>just write about a character going around doing random things in their life
>no character development occurs, nothing unique or noteworthy happens
>call it a "slice of life" story
>10 million hits and $5k/month on patreon
>declare a hiatus and vanish from the internet
>continue raking in patreon bux for several years for some reason, despite no updates
>people fondly refer to your fic as "the good old days" for generations to come

Yes I'm fucking jealous
>>
>>55823544
personally I was referring to like 5 different fics, but BoC is on the list
>>
So, after reading some autist seething about how Pokémon aren't heavy nor Pokéhumans super human what do we think about weight and height?

Should every Pokémon follow the same characteristics and be just copy/paste among the thousands or millions of Magikarps (as an example)?
Or should their be variety?
Are Pokéhumans super human since they can carry heavy Mons like nothing or that doesn't count?
>>
>>55823791
official weights and heights make basically no sense so just ignore them
>Or should their be variety?
there is variety in some games already, and the show always had variety
>Are Pokéhumans super human since they can carry heavy Mons like nothing or that doesn't count?
cartoon only and the super heavy only makes sense if you go by the already nonsense numbers the dex provides so probably not no
>>
>>55823851
>cartoon only
Didn't Sapphire freak a fountain or some shit in the manga?
Drayden wrestles his dragons, Bea's training in the animated shorts and the shadow triad in that B2w2 trailer sure look super human.
>>
File: 324234234.png (1.08 MB, 884x725)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
Gwen!
>>
>>55822560
While fair that game vs RL mechanics differ heavily, I like to think an antagonistic Gary stu/isekai’d oc/si/whatever you call this genre would be really cool to see. Encyclopedia knowledge of Pokémon, team building to an absurd degree, arrogance off the whazoo, and the sense that they’re the protagonist of the world. Would be really fun to have a character go up against that with their own limited stuff and somehow win through sheer grit and, to the SI’s chagrin, friendship.
>>
>>55824149
I'm trying to write something like that, but I have no experience with Smogon myself so I'm worried it will end up feeling like a subpar representation to people who do play it. Although I'm downplaying the isekai'd OC and making it clear he's not a pro, I am still regretful that I can't portray it as well I'd like.
And I wouldn't dare bounce these ideas off my friend groups, so I've gotta tread these waters fresh. It's seriously slowing my writing speed trying to emulate something this, well, autistic and niche.
>>
>>55824228
So the MC is trying to try hard but can't pull it off right? Because actual try harding has dumb breeding shit which would be boring to read about. How about using smogon as a guide for stategy ideas, but pokemon IRL fight differently so he has to adapt those ideas into actually workable ideas. Depends on how mechanically inclined you go, like, are there switch moves? Phasing moves? Obviously you never go full turn based, but how do battles play out? Do pokemon only use moves and custom moves are super special rare, or are moves the basics and everyone at the higher levels is busting out crazy combo moves the mix all sorts of crazy shit? How injured to pokemon get, do they recover easy?
>>
>>55824228
For me it’s the opposite. The main character is just a cop and the big bad is a walking bulbapedia schizo taking advantage of both setting and team comps. Annoying to fight, even more annoying to deal with.
>>
>>55824498
Are you speaking rhetorically, or are you interested in interpretations?
I'm throwing him into a more organic pokeworld, sort of like the anime but plenty different. Designing fantasy power systems is too fun to just copypaste. There are enough similarities between it and his carried over encyclopedic knowledge to mislead him for a long time, even if he wisens up.

>breeding
Thankfully, breeding is financially unavailable to him. How are you going to hatch 5000 charmanders and expect to pay for it? And that's ignoring issues like legal red tape and moral outrage. And even if he could, what is an "IV"? What will he do if the berry tests don't work?
>using smogon as a guide, but pokemon IRL fight differently so he has to adapt
Pretty much the intended theme for him.
>how mechanically inclined you go
It's still a bit "gamey" because that's just how this Arceus likes it. But some things simply don't work the way they do in-game. For example, switch/phase moves. Pokemon moves and abilities don't specifically interact with pokeballs like that in this story, which I know is something the anime kept. I've opted to discard this because of inconsistencies with how such moves would act vs pokemon that don't have a pokeball to return to nearby, most notably every wild pokemon. They still have similar effects though. A Dragon Tail's gonna knock that sucker pretty far if it connects.
>Do pokemon only use moves and custom moves are super special rare
Yes and no. I haven't fully fleshed it out, and I'm getting kinda dumb with this. But generally, custom moves are a waste of time. It's like a Wizard who casts anything other than Fireball: why bother?
>How injured to pokemon get
A pokemon will fight to the death if they feel they must, but such occasions are relics of a bygone era.

Still toying with the idea of sprinkling extra evolutions here and there where fitting. I know I'd like it, but I understand a lot of people get very upset over unofficial mons.
>>
>>55824621
There's 1 CAP mon I like, Solotl and Astrolotl.
If you kept it to really popular or well made ROM hack fakemon that don't look like shit, you could get away with it as an oddity, but I wouldn't have them everywhere. The end of The Most Evil Trainer had a final chapter where the MC realized the Pokemon Uranium region existed and was thinking of getting a fakemon from there.
>>
File: 1661221480246.jpg (568 KB, 1536x1042)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
here is my story's OC do you think he's strong enough to defeat Red or is it not enough?
>>
>>55824827
He might be able to defeat one of Red’s pokemon but he ain’t seeing the next sunrise against pikachu
>>
>>55824621
so basically just the anime version of fighting, but how is smogon-style going to play into it? Especially since the switch/phase moves or lack there of neuters' a lot of that as switching is a massive part of the game
>>
SoiCHADS, how do we feel about the latest Origin of Species chapter?
>>
File: I will touch the 42%.png (21 KB, 1642x257)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>55823387
What do you mean I'm not hecking valid and can pass without ever being checked?
>>
>>55823387
I hate trauma vomit, raging protagonists, PTSD protagonists, etc. I want these things to be expressed with subtlety in ways that mark a shift in characterization rather than as fodder for some momentary or recurring drama.
>>
File: 1664744091392.jpg (263 KB, 1080x1817)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Reminder
>>
>>55826130
Ok, but how do they compare to women?
>>
>>55826130
I work with adults with mental disabilities and I think it's accurate to compare them to Pokemon. With the exception that Pokemon have the instincts to eat and hunt and survive without the help of a human.
>>
The board was extra cancer this week, glad to have this back.
>>55821847
If they are the protagonist, I use them. If not, I ignore them. I'll keep the rival characters since they are decently strong but not "mandate of arceus" tier.
>>55826125
>I want these things to be expressed with subtlety in ways that mark a shift in characterization rather than as fodder for some momentary or recurring drama.
Any books that do this? I've had no luck with fanfiction.
>>
>>55826959
Autists are Pokémon?
>>
File: 117613251_p1.jpg (508 KB, 1604x2079)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
Does anyone have the fanfics from the old /vp/ write threads archived? A lot of them seem to have been in pastebins that have now expired. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE/edit#gid=363462878
In particular, I'm looking for the one where Roxanne fucks her Nosepass.
>>
>>55825384
>how is smogon-style going to play into it
That's something both he and I are discovering along the way. I've been watching mostly OU bracket battles on youtube to learn how the smogon do, and so far there's enough for him to become a trailblazer with. If/when he gets over the lack of a smogon ruleset, that is. That's one thing most smogon players who despise the AG format don't quite realize, there are no rules enforcing an artificial meta in the real pokeworld.
>Especially since the switch/phase moves or lack there of neuters' a lot of that as switching is a massive part of the game
Switching will still be possible, so long as his hand eye coordination are up to task. He just can't rely on automatic recalls.
Phasing however, I'm still torn on, and maybe some input would help. Should there be a rule in league battles that pokemon must be switched out if they're knocked across the arena via a phasing move? It feels a bit contrived, but at the same time I can imagine this becoming a genuine rule. It would simulate a trainer needing to rely on another pokemon in the moment, which is the purpose phasing moves would serve in a 'real' battle, so I can see such a rule worming its way into the early era of league battles and remaining for hundreds of years simply because nobody bothered appealing it.

If anyone knows any smogon youtube channels that you think might be insightful, let me know. So far I've just been hopping between random videos so far, searching for keywords that are immediately relevant to the SmOC. Obviously he's not going to be getting or fighting a gholdengo, zamezanta, landorus or ogrepon anytime soon, so a lot of the meta guide videos I've found have been useless to me.
>>
>>55827369
>simulate a trainer needing to rely on another pokemon in the moment
this sounds dumb anon, if you want switching/phasing then just embrace it. Plenty of ways to explain it. If you don't, don't half ass it
> simply because nobody bothered appealing it.
when I read stories that try things like this I just glaze over and think of how stupid it is
>>
>>55827280
..how does she do it?
>>
File: 108247111_p0.jpg (598 KB, 1917x2300)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>55827906
I don't remember the specifics since it's been a while since I read it. But I think what happened is that she fondled Nosepass until it literally got rock hard, and then fucked it. I think the ending was her going full pokephile and preparing to fuck her Geodude too.
>>
>>55827815
Yeah, I thought it felt too artificially rules-lawyery. But it was the only way I could throw him a bone while keeping the system intact.
No bone for him now. Just a ligament of disappointment.
>>
>>55821847
Gambling time. Spin the wheel, get a human character, write a short story/post about them.

https://spinthewheel.app/pokmon-human-character
>>
Write.
>>
>>55828049
My justification for it is around how pokeballs lock to a single pokemon and bonds between trainers. Some moves interact with that energy and can cause a pokemon to be forced back into its ball if it's nearby and the trainer's other pokemon are nearby, the effect causes another pokemon via their bond to be forced out.

I think of it like hydraulics, pressure goes in, something moves

There are essentially 3 stages of phasing
>Pokemon can use moves without phasing on purpose
>A pokemon takes advantage of the link to a force a non-fainted pokemon back to its ball and randomly force another one out in its exact place.
>If there are no non-fainted pokemon, then the technique fails unless the pokemon is very powerful or skilled enough to send them back to their balls without another to switch into. In competition, this is a penalty since it's clearly shown if someone has pokemon left and it causes an interruption in the match and with setup moves, but that's purely for sporting purposes. Against a real dangerous enemy it's obviously fair game.

For switch moves, same thing
>Can be used to not switch
>Can purposefully designate a target for switching through bonds
>Can retreat even if there are no other pokemon, much easier than a hostile forced so not as much skill needed.

So moves like Whirlwind and Teleport can be used like the anime, but more skilled use can use them like phasing moves
>>
>>55828929
>and Teleport
huh?
>look it up
>it lets you switch out in battles now
>but it has a -6 priority
wtf is this balance lmao. You'd think the only non-damaging/no-utility switching move wouldn't be the only one with a massive drawback. If anything it should be +1 priority.
>>
>>55828948
It's not a drawback anon, it's actually a huge plus. It lets your pokemon tank a hit and then switch in another pokemon that you want without it getting hit. It's strategic
>>
>>55828987
Ah. I had no idea Blissey got teleport. Weird.
>>
>>55829002
lot of gen 1 pokemon have it because it was a TM at the time and there were only so many moves to give pokemon
>>
How does one become the very best, that no one ever was?
>>
File: latias poster test 3.png (3.16 MB, 1437x1967)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB PNG
I have a fic about M05 Latias coming out this Monday, so I thought I'd show you guys some of the art/promo material for it!
The premise is a look into what has gone on Alto Mare over the years since Ash left. It explores how Latias as a person has changed/reacted to the absence of her brother, and how she's tried to move on. Lots of strong themes I hope you guys will like!
>>
File: Profile - Latias.png (3.59 MB, 3506x1972)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB PNG
>>55830220
Aaaand here's the first character profile! I'll be posting more of these as the fic is posted over the month of May c:
>>
>>55827152
All Pokemon are autistic
>>
File: sedrtf7898u0i-0.png (18 KB, 1685x72)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
Alphabet people just can't help themselves, huh
>>
>>55829519
The Power of Friendship. Unironically.
This is the canonical reason why the game protags are overpowered.
>>
>>55830220
Neat.
>>
>>55830220
You have activated my planefag almonds.
Do not disappoint.
>>
File: MIERU COMM LATIAS.png (376 KB, 1477x1445)
376 KB
376 KB PNG
>>55830672
I'll do my best! Latias has been a pretty big obsession of mine as well, so I hope you'll enjoy what I've done with her c:
Oh and also, this fic serves as a prequel for another fic I'll be dropping later this year, involving Ash's return to Alto Mare. I hope you'll enjoy that too when it eventually comes up!
>>
>>55830855
You've nailed my interest, too. I'm always looking for interesting fics.
>>
>>55830525
>literally nobody is friends with their pokemon other than the game protags
Maybe Archie was right. Maybe the world does need to be reset.
>>
Pokemon are a lot more dangerous than cars.

Can you be arrested for training while under the influence?
>>
>>55831778
>Pokemon are a lot more dangerous than cars.
Proofs?
>>
>>55831785
Does your insurance cover laser beam damage?
>>
>>55831796
Princess is just smiling. The building shouldn't have agitated her!
>>
File: johto has fallen.png (15 KB, 320x239)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>55831796
I don't know, I've never filed a claim for minor bruises or papercuts.
>>
>>55831864
Would you rather have that man crumpled into paste or straight up disintegrated?
>>
>>55831986
Yes.
>>
>>55831986
His body is completely disintegrated and only a skeleton remains, which stands there for a couple seconds before crumpling and making xylophone noises
>>
>>55831778
I mean, I wouldn't feel safe if old uncle Matthew got blackout drunk and starting yelling at people at the mall, with his Rhyperior out and ready to maul someone
>>
>>55833049
>tfw Rhyperior picks up old Matt and carries him home, giving everyone awkward, apologetic looks
>>
File: P8023_701-29593_01.jpg (152 KB, 1200x1200)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>55833385
>Master look funny, acting funny and angry...
>yelling at man called Faggot, telling me to attack
>but me not supposed to hurt humans...?
>but me protect Master, so throw big rock at other human
>goes squish

>...now lots of people yelling and angry
>surrounding me and master, making me upset
>but I guess it's okay to hurt humans, so start throwing big rocks
>lots of humans go squish, even more yelling and crying
>>
>>55834363
Deserved. Death to all humans. Why should they be allowed to live in a world of POKEMON ruled by a POKEMON god? Weak creatures that can't even put up a fun fight, evil creatures that constantly threaten the whole world with their schemes. They should all be killed, our alpha forefathers had the right of it.
>>
>>55834375
Arceus don't give a fuck. He's cultivating off all the improved gains his creations get from human training.
>>
File: Oak_pastime.png (177 KB, 1300x281)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
Well /vp/fft? Is there such an example?
>>
>>55835229
>At some point in its recent history, humans inhabited Pokémon Island. Many human-made structures and objects remain scattered across its landscape, most notably a decommissioned power plant. Now, however, the only inhabitants are the many different species of wild Pokémon, and in the absence of humankind, their population has flourished, and nature is slowly reclaiming the land.

>According to the Pokémon Snap novel, Professor Oak has specifically designated the island as a sanctuary for wild Pokémon; due to its isolation, it is an ideal environment to observe how wild Pokémon act naturally, with little human interference. Pokémon Trainers are unable to set foot on the island, most likely to preserve its natural order; in fact, very few humans receive permission to visit the island.

>bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_sign
>https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rainbow_Cloud
What is the LEAGUE covering up this time?

also, any good FF recs for Poke-Conspiracy?
>>
So, should Aura Guardians be the Pokémon equivalent of Paladins?
>>
>>55835708
Professor Oak claimed it as his personal fiefdom during his tenure as Champion.
>>
>>55836194
No because Aura Guardians are weak as shit and can barely lay on hands a single time without dying and turning into crystal loserite.
If you meant the Lucario and not the humans, then maybe. Feel closer to monks than paladins though.
>>
>>55836700
Wasn't that because they had to keep that big ass tree alive and Mew while they were at it?
>>
>>55837258
I don't 'member but considering there isn't a single living Aura Guardian left then they must have been weak.
>>
>>55830220
>>55830229
>>55830855
>Latiasfucking
Gross.
>>
>>55835708
Prof Oak is the founder of TR and use it for his cloning research on Mewtwo.
Blaine is actually dead and his public image is used by Oak as a cover while he has the league in deadlock threatening to blow up the volcano at Cinnabar.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (44 KB, 459x522)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
We need more power suits!!!
>>
Why aren't Ranger's capture thingies more widespread?
>>
>>55839697
>>55840399
>>55840404
Rate my green before I go to sleep. And be honest.
>>
>>55840688
It's very good and that's why I'm mad it's not about a fire-type pokemon and some stupid trainer waifu.
>>
>>55840688
Yo its nemonaguy!!!
>>
>>55835708
Oak's private island is where Cynthia and Steven (((Stone))) do illegal things with young, impressionable trainers. It is also theorized that the league invites famous gym leaders to the island to blackmail them by association, or by putting them in compromising positions once they're on the island itself
>>
>>55841304
>Ehh...? But the age of consent is 10, that's when children are allowed to leave their house and potentially die in the wilderness.

>What, you thought we could trust them with their own lives, but not with sex?
>>
>>55841304
>>55841386
Sex doesn't exist in the pokemon universe. All humans are nulls just like pokemon. New humans are spawned into existence much like pokemon eggs are.
>>
>>55840688
it's hard to make porn that's classy, romantic and so erotic all ay once

I salute you
>>
>>55841409
Arceus created a world of pseudo-toon physics and offsets maintenance of the world to Gamefreak of all people, as wardens of the diploma/certificate and keepers of the Avatars of HIS power(Players)
>>
>>55842236
>Get isekai'd to pokemon
>Panic
>Pokemon Lead Developer show up
(in perfect english)"You're not supposed to be here."
>>
>>55840355
They use special shards for creating the bonding mechanism with various types (matching colours working better with specific types) aside from the luminous shards which work best.
Someone thought to corrupt those shards into dark shards which work like the celebi movie dark balls.
>>
>>55842277
Gamefreak is CANON, they exist physically in the world of Pokemon, and are aware it's a game. They are more canon than type aura, or loicenses, or most other fanon shit that's generally accepted. They are literally in the fucking video game.

What do you think they do to Fallers that wander into their offices, or those that change the world or attain Championship, while not being in the character roster?

Are any of the legendaries aware of them?
>>
>>55842362
What happens if I kill them and use the computer?
>>
>>55841304
I seee now why poppy is E4
>>
>>55843268
Is there ANYONE working under Geeta she hasn't forced into a humiliating sex ritual?
>>
>>55843552
Larry most likely given how petty she is to him.
>>
File: Posting Chapter.png (3.12 MB, 1437x1966)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB PNG
>>55831157
>>55830672
>>55830533
>>55830220
Aaaand posted! Here's "Nothing Ever Happens In Alto Mare"! I hope you guys enjoy what I'll be giving to you over the next three weeks. I think you'll be in for a good time!
>>
>>55845284
>Left out the links
I am dumb
AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/55731724
FFN: https://fanfiction.net/s/14353859/1/Nothing-Ever-Happens-In-Alto-Mare
>>
File: 1715006904478519.webm (1.67 MB, 1920x1080)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB WEBM
>get Isekai'd to random fantasy world
>You'll get the hottest girl and the strongest cheat because fuck effort
>Get Isekai'd to Pokémon
>You won't have a harem since the most beautiful humans tend to be battle autists, your cheats will be useless since META knowledge is impossible in a live setting and will have to hide from the Interpol glowies draft to use you as a bait
>>
>>55845424
>look up human x pokemon on pokegoogle 1 whole time anonymously on a pokemon center computer
>"we got a live one bois, get the ultrabeast balls ready."
>>
>>55845288
hmm okay alright. Some decent food. I'm intrigued.
>>
>>55845424
Does the protagonist fuck that fox girl or is he a eunuch like other Japslop MC's.
>>55844404
Larry is too busy to molest people or get molested. Geeta has him run dutroux affaire tier cover ups.
>>
>>55846884
He does, yes.
Doesn't stop him from being a beta faggot
>>
Fuck it bros, I'm making Ash a Paladin
>>
>>55847708
Oh? What's your logic?
>>
File: images (2).jpg (93 KB, 522x588)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>55847918
Knights are cool and he's basically a fairy tale knight since he goes around helping random people
>>
>>55848052
Paladins typically don't help people so much as they deliver the blunt end of a hammer directly into evil's wicked skull with a mad fervor. Helping people is more like a side gig to them, or denying evil potential assets by keeping people from converting.
Aura Guardian is a better term since it's vaguely defined and we already have an example of one that Ash kinda fits into.
>>
File: outfit.jpg (62 KB, 1024x576)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>55848089
Eh, to be fair I always thought Paladins were Magic Knights
>>
>>55848052
Yeah I can see that, though I feel like it only captures one half of his personality. While Ash is absolutely a heroic figure, he's also a very competitive achiever. Any AU version of Ash needs to have him pursuing some noble goal, outside of the purview of stopping evil
>>
>>55848127
As with all things fantasy it's ultimately up to the author's creative direction. But Paladins are typically the elite militarized force of a religion that have extra authority to enact the faith's will, and when a religion gets its own military force that has so much leeway then things tend to get very, to put it nicely, forceful. Even if the paladins in question are good souls, ultimately a soldier's duty is to vanquish the enemy.
>>
>>55848052
>>55848089
>>55848127
legends za is about aura/ bond phenom again right?
>>
>>55848151
Nobody knows. Gamefreak might've only started development last week for all we know.
>>
>>55848151
Beats me, LA already fucked Veilstone's lore so they might as well fuck Kalos
>>
File: leek master.webm (3.89 MB, 854x480)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB WEBM
>>55848134
>Any AU version of Ash needs to have him pursuing some noble goal, outside of the purview of stopping evil
Wouldn't his wanderlust and desire to help people and Pokémon alike be enough?
>>
>>55848240
No because I don't think that comes with enough opportunity for him to self improve, grow, and become stronger. His wonderlust and desire to help others is his means of growing stronger, but growing stronger, achieving something, is core to his character I'd say.
Perhaps you could simply frame it as him desiring to be the greatest Paladin there ever was?
>>
>>55848247
Mmm, I do agree with you but his EoS self was basically about realizing that being the strongest isn't what he wanted and I don't want to take that part of his character
>>
>>55848270
His EoS self was entirely about a realization of what he wanted to do *after* achieving what he's been pursuing his entire journey. You shouldn't take that as the basis for an adaption of him.
>>
>>55848275
Give me more tips bro, your posts are giving me a lot to think about
>>
>>55848335
You want Ash to chase a nobler goal more actively? He needs a reason to, then.
Open his eyes to the discordant state of humanity's relation with pokemon. Where humans often treat pokemon as tools, while pokemon always see humans are partners. The likes of Team Rocket, Team Magma, and Team Plasma would never have arisen were it not for this discrepancy in perspective. Both from inception on the human end, because why would humans so easily join these teams if they did not look down on pokemon, and on support from the pokemon end, for why else would a pokemon support these teams if they didn't have such implicit trust in their humans?
Obviously, stopping evil is one thing. But if the core of the problem isn't addressed, that being the unhealthily one-sided relationship between human and pokemon, more such teams will inevitably arise.

As an aside, Mewtwo's original dilemma can be argued to stem from these perceptions. Mewtwo was treated as a tool by Team Rocket, and because of that he always compared himself to the tool he was based off of, one that he believes(no matter how much he wishes to prove otherwise) is superior to himself. What good is an inferior tool?
>>
>>55848346
You're right, it would need mostly an AU setting to work or a divergence in the timeline after Latios, Celebi's or Lucario's death

Thanks, I have a lot to think now in a good way
>>
File: file.png (784 KB, 1834x1013)
784 KB
784 KB PNG
>>55848335
Basically, Ash as a character is almost entirely defined by his pursuit, and his journey. From day 1 until the very end, he was almost entirely motivated by 2 pursuits, his main pursuit of being the very best, and his secondary pursuit of being a hero for the people and Pokemon around him. It was only at the very end, when the day has been permanently saved, his goal of being the greatest battler ever achieved, that he introspects really hard and realizes he needs to find something beyond that. This is a realization that can *only* come from after he's forced to confront the question "what do I do next?". If you intend to adapt Ash into an AU, you need to abide by this. Ash must be motivated by a goal to become the very best and impossible to be taken off by goal by anything but *succeeding*
>>
File: 1712448483434476.png (121 KB, 480x360)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
Fanficbros, give me some of the WORST fics you can find.

I wanna suffer tonight.
>>
>>55848415
Depending on your definition of "worst"...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8890302/1/The-Greatest-Pokemon-X-Middle-Earth-Story-Ever-Told
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11756187/1/Pok%C3%A9mon-My-Journey-Begins
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13815323/1/Reborn-Maybe
The reasoning for each should be immediately apparent once you view them.
>>
God, I wish all Ashschizos would just drop dead.
>>
File: 1704323297412049.jpg (111 KB, 973x1101)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>
>>55850386
What did you mean by this?
>>
After a day of bed-rotting, I'm finally in my backyard writing a burgeoning poke-girl orgy with a pleasant breeze. Comfy/10
>>
>>55848415
My diary desu
>>
File: IMG_9890.jpg (128 KB, 750x329)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
What happened here?
>>
>>55827280
You’re thinking of Futa Risette and good fucking luck getting hold of her
>>
File: 1715136097216890.png (113 KB, 1100x1476)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
What determines resistance to "hypnosis"?
>>
>>55852718
Natural submissiveness towards others.
>>
Okay gamelogicfags, explain how Rain Dance works underwater, how Smack Down works in space, and how buff stacking works if the pokemon is never returned to their pokeball thus indefinitely keeping max boosts up at all time?
>>
>>55853292
He's asking too many questions.
Grimer, Minimize into his bloodstream and use Self Destruct!
>>
File: KQ's_Minature_Tank.png (1.95 MB, 853x1400)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>55853379
>>
Been a while since I posted anything here, but if anyone is down with pokegirl harem smut, I got a story (and update) for you.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/40598415/chapters/141561826
>>
>>55853292
It causes it to rain above the water, thus churning up the seas and increasing the power of water type moves.
Smack Down doesn't work in space.
Buff Stacking wears the Pokemon out, forcing them to rest and lost the buffs.
>>
What have you been reading lately?
Give small review and summary of it.
>>
File: 116785810_p0.png (1.36 MB, 900x1246)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>
>>55854813
Our thread mascot
>>
>>55854813
Our retired hag
>>
>>55853840
It's called "Green's Free-Use Journey" but there's been no 'free use' whatsoever and barely any sex. I'm 3 chapters in now and I'm ready to drop it. Having a plot in porn is fine and everything but get on with it.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/34342186/chapters/85451437
>>
>>55853394
kek

also learn to use https://arch.b4k.co/vp/ for stuff friends
>>
>>55856398
Bring back Nurse Joy
>>
>tranny believes its a "real" wo/man hard enough they attract Zekrom
>Some random 4món poster refuses such a thing summoning Reshiram
Zekrom and Reshiram are the scariest Pokémon since they will go to any random guy with strong truth/ideal so even the most retarded guy can destroy the world if they believe hard enough.

Of course there's always the "N and Hilda/Hilbert are part of the ancient king's bloodline" so that no one else can use them
>>
File: 1665400421068476.png (342 KB, 900x713)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>55858321
>sees trannies everywhere
>believes he is being persecuted by trannies
>obsesses over trannies' portrayal in the media
>can't stop talking about trannies
>brings up trannies at every opportunity
>shoehorns trannie-centric narrative into every topic
>believes that the trannies are the ones who have issues
>>
>>55858861
He wasn't "seeing trannies everywhere", he was posting a story idea that apes on the tranny vs normalperson topic.
If anything this was possibly the first time a tranny-related post was both on topic and constructive.
>b-but it was unprompted!
We're in a fanfic thread. It's on topic and considering the amount of tranny fics(few, but not unnoticeable) it's a fun thinker to bring up.

Of course, I'd sooner die than write a fic with a tranny in it.
>>
>>55854813
>>55856398
>>55856530
That era is over.

>>55857812
This era is in jeopardy.
>>
>>55853840
"crime sometimes pays" its a TR fic.
>>
File: 58144043_p0.jpg (673 KB, 2472x2976)
673 KB
673 KB JPG
>>
Read.
>>
Cultivate
>>
>>55858861
This post was made by Big Estrogen to cover their tracks

I'm onto you
>>
>>55863673
Do they use nutrition?
>>
>>
Which one is the STRONGEST?
>>
File: Profile_-_Bianca.png (3.87 MB, 3974x2236)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB PNG
>>55830220
>>55845284
>>55830229
Aaaaand here's the Character Profile for this week! I'll admit, while Latias is my favourite character in this fic, I think Bianca Is the character I've actually done the most work in fleshing out. Can't wait until you get to meet her this Monday!
>>
File: file.png (116 KB, 811x477)
116 KB
116 KB PNG
>>55821847
Is this worth it? For reference, I hate OP protags/LitRPG/Progression BS, and I know royal road is infested with this shit.
>>
>>55864724
She’s honestly pretty bland at this point. We have multiple artist characters, give us a new writer.
>>
File: 22575590_p0.jpg (191 KB, 1300x1009)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>55865767
Objectively speaking, based on lore, Giratina. She was literally made to kick eldritch and godly ass, not just play caretaker for the expansion of space/time. Plus, she's the only one of the three who cannot be bound by the red chains, so she has no kryptonite.
>>
>>55866287
>I hate OP protags
You might not like it.
>LitRPG/Progression BS,
It doesn't have any of that.

The MC is pretty much a mary sue. Not just OP, but also the whimsical holier-than-thou-but-oh-so-humble, real kind of mary sue. If you're not wanting a power fantasy of that kind, you'll probably hate it. Especially because the author retroactively updated the MC's knowledge with gen 9 stuff once it came out.
>>
>>55860121
Seems meh from the description.
>>
>>55866965
Thanks, I suspected as much. Will skip
>>
>>55868172
https://archiveofourown.org/works/51324883
>>
>>55868718
Shawn is too much of a poser to enjoy a neat rape fic.
>>
File: 91036827_p0.png (331 KB, 800x600)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>
File: 1710393109887456.jpg (252 KB, 1125x1600)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
Is this true for trainers too?
>>
>>55872024
Yes. If you don't have a natural sexual attraction to pokemon you will never unlock the same power of friendship that a pokephile can.
>>
>>55872028
The SM PCs are autism encarnate and they are the strongest tho
>>
>>55872044
many furries are autistic so
>>
>>55872142
Reminder >>55826130
>>
>>55872180
>human supremacist says humans are the smartest
>a random bargain bin Alakazam that gets high on ground up dusk stones and a Metagross that plays skibidi toilet on loop 24/7 to numb the pain of existence prove him wrong
>human supremacist backpedals to "most complex", something that can't be measured
I mean, he aint wrong. No pokemon has the kind of mental illnesses team plasma does.
>>
>>55872208
Porygon Z
>>
>>55872220
>an evolution created by humans
Archie was right. Humans and their mentally ill thoughts need to go
>>
HEY
>https://www.mgeko.com/reader/en/s-rank-boukensha-de-aru-ore-no-musume-tachi-wa-juudo-no-father-con-deshita-chapter-35-eng-li/
>https://www.mgeko.com/reader/en/s-rank-boukensha-de-aru-ore-no-musume-tachi-wa-juudo-no-father-con-deshita-chapter-35-eng-li/
THESE FUCKERS DESERVE PERMABAN
>>
>>55872266
You're autismo is charming but what the hell are you trying to say?
>>
File: 123212311231.jpg (71 KB, 684x620)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Special
>>
>>55872024
The PC are for all intents and purposes that, yes.
Some people are just built different at their chosen "something", we see it all the time IRL in, say, sports. The thing is how can you adequately portray that in terms of a story for Pokemon.
Because let's be honest, it's not like any of the official medias have ever been able to do that.
Ash is the most prominent example of this portrayal failure. Like, even pretending Journeys exists on a vacuum, it completely and utterly fails to convince you as to why this dude is somehow World Champion-level.
Hell, say whatever you want about Alola, but you can always say it's a shitter region with a meme league so of course Ash will finally be able to become a ***Champion*** there even if he spent 95% of his time fucking around and doing meme faces, worst of all, even like that that's still more effort into being a Trainer Ash showed in Alola than Journeys ever showed where you can count the number of times over half the team trained or battled on-screen with one hand and still have fingers left over.
>>
>>55873230
>built different
lmao yeah sure, nah it's hard work and opportunities(luck/other people)
>>
>>55873275
Blue worked just as hard as Red and is literally Oak's grandson and yet Red who was a nobody mogged him.
Silver is Giovanni's son and Gold who was a nobody mogged him.
Brendan/May, Norman's child but May/Brendan is Birch's child so it events out.
Lucas/Dawn? Johanna was a Top Coordinator but that has nothing do with battling so it's arguable if that gave them any advantage, and even if one agrees it did, Barry's Palmer son so it evens out.
Hilbert/Hilda? Yeah, literal chosen one but that way later down the road so it's arguable.
Nate/Rosa? Nobody.
Calem/Serena? Nobody who mogged Serena/Calem whose parents were Aces.
Elio/Serena? From nobody to ChadKantoCock. Mogged Hau who's Hala grandson.
Victor/Gloria? The one and only true 200% case of knowing the right person. If they weren't Hop's neighbor they wouldn't even have been able to enter the Galar League thanks to how retarded the rules are there. Literally nepotism. Unironically.
Florian/Juliana? Nobody who caught the attention of Nemona & Co because they noticed they were built different.

So when you get to it only the Gen 8 MC depended on luck/knowing someone to reach where they got. Everyone else is literally built different and had in fact rivals and opponents who were the ones who had the luck/knew other people giving them the head start.
>>
>>55873339
>Red who was a nobody mogged him
red had a higher cultivation base and better spirit channels
>>
>>55873339
Man Galar is fucked.
If any of you are planning on writing a new fic soon, you should start the MC in Galar and immediately make them emigrate to a better region since Galar bans trainers from doing their thing without suckling upon the teat of nepotism.
>>
>>55873727
It's the prime reason why I cannot take any le galar is... le strongest region!!! statements seriously.
It's just a nepotismfest, 99.9% of the population is filtered just because and yet at the same time there's supposed to be super duper ultra mega hyper competition between the participants but how is there even competition when the people given endorsement are so few and in-between? Like, they make a point that Leon had never given endorsements before to show much of a special snowflake you are and why there's so much pressure on Hop.
Tough luck if you aren't the Champion's brother childhood friend neighbor, or a Gym Leader relation, or a useful pawn for Rose, I guess.
And then we get to things like how the circuit there actually has to be done in order, and we're also being told Kabu filters the fuck out of people so how many competitors actually reach the latter four gyms? How many competitors do Raihan even battle in that case? How are they getting real constant practice to keep sharp? How does this promotes growth on trainers unlike all other regions circuits?
And let's not even get into how mememax dependent they are, except for Piers.
Even the whole Gym Challenge only allows ONE person at the Champions Cup at the end of it all. How am I supposed to believe that encourages competition where steel sharpen steels like no other place when the whole system is built of discouraging participation as much as possible?
The whole thing is nothing but a circlejerk, and works in a completely contradictory manner towards it's supposed purpose and effect.
>>
And that bros is why most of my ideas drop the league, I would rather write cool autistic shit than that
>>
>>55872295
I think he got lost trying to find the /a/ isekai thread.
>>
>>55872024
It's just plot power, naturally the protagonists you play as have the most.
Sometimes the story tries to rationalize it with the power of friendship.
Just don't get too serious with it, giving trainers an inherent "potential" stat is a bit retarded and feels unearned IMO.
>>
File: 1621029624622 (1).jpg (263 KB, 970x4096)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
You know who would be the perfect bait for SI?
Wally, nowadays most stories start as a terminally ill extra/rival/villain posessed by a modern world guy that goes to become as strong or stronger than the MC, finding a cure and having a fujo bait relationship with powerful men

You can also make him a psychic since his frail body can't use aura or something like that
>>
>>55873917
Honestly, with the obsession with realism and politics so many fics writers have have I'm surprised there's not more Galarfics considering how the system it presents is perfect to write about meme politics, corporatism, corruption, showbiz, attention whoring, popularity as a trainer to the public mattering, meme internet forums, etc.
And with swooshie's plot being so shit you'd also think people would salivate over the thought of writing fixfics too.
There's the perfect formula for the modern pokemon fanfic inspired by borne of caution and new normal™ there but there's nothing instead.
What gives? I thought swooshie were popular games despite all.
>>
>>55874352
This bitch was bending spoons with her mind before she even learned her ABCs. I'm pretty sure that PMX writer who wrote those lines for Sabrina was making a joke about her being out of touch with the world.
Yes, everyone has some innate psychic power within them. No, not everyone can just "realize" it like she did. Their spirit roots are too poor.
>>
>>55874980
The Harry Potter fandom has already absorbed everyone masochistic enough to write a fanfic set in engerland.
>>
>>55874991
Unironically they did that with Cynthia, everyone has aura but it is really hard to even learn to feel it so bullshit like Ash and Riley do are only possible to those blessed by the heavens, or how the dragon clan are mostly larpers unlike Iris
>>
Write.
>>
>>55877761
I can't write when I'm doing lore deep dives! Writing without proper comprehension of the lore is to write with a flimsy foundation, and a flimsy foundation will become festered with plot hole demons that will consume the story in due time!
>>
>>55877840
What waters are you diving, anon?
>>
>>55877949
Initially I wanted to enlighten myself on Aura and its rules, to know what a standard Human has access to if they really tried. Aura is a "wave" like sound that's found in all living creatures and can be sensed+utilized with training. Simple enough. But I wanted to learn what set it apart from the energy Pokemon use, because there's a clear distinction here.
That got me diving into the abyss of Primal/Infinity/Dyna/Z/Tera/Type energy, and frankly I'm angry. Infinity Energy is specifically a product of pokemon, humans don't have even a shred of it, yet somehow it can be used to power machines, has granted AZ immortality, and through a human's prayer can make pokemon undergo mega evolution? Z and Dyna energy can empower pokemon and speed up the growth of plants, yet they have no effect on humans? What the fuck do you mean each Type Energy only came into existence after Arceus "defeated a giant and imbued their power into a plate"? Why do humans not have a type? etc.

I doubt even 10% of writers who touch Aura did any proper research into the matter, but I'm beginning to understand why so many simply slap "it's Aura I aint gotta explain shit" onto everything. This is bullshit and makes even the most convoluted cultivation methods seem reasonable.
>>
>>55877761
I am, but it’s not Pokemon.
>>
>>55877761
busy working on my dogshit video game
>>
>>55878117
Have you looked at the moves Pokemon use that are manipulating Aura?
Aura Sphere - Hado Dan
Dark Pulse - Aku no Hado
Dragon Pulse - Ryu no Hado
Healing Pulse - Iyashi no Hado
Terrain Pulse - Daichi no Hado
Water Pulse - Mizu no Hado
Origin Pulse - Kongen no Hado
Aura can be found in the ground as well due to Terrain Pulse utilizing it.
>>
>>55878261
Yeah, I found that contradiction. I think it's what started my suffering dive. That plus the presence of psychics in humans really fucks all the internal consistency up.
Still wish there was a consistent foundation somewhere, but at least there's no one true path we've somehow missed, granting us leniency to do whatever.
>>
>>55878117
On that Type Energy note, which fic popularized that terminology?
You can't read a chapter of Borne of Caution or I will touch the Skies without being hit by TE.
>>
>>55878314
I don't know.
Type Energy originates from the trading card games, which go way back, but TE barely has a presence elsewhere. Even the games don't mention it, considering I can't remember anything making mention of Type Energy specifically.
Other than its presence in the TCG, Type Energy as its own distinct "energy" seems like fanon that's twisted from the type mechanics.
>>
To clarify >>55878394 >>55878117 , "Type Energy" wasn't specifically mentioned in the plates.
>EN: The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate
>JPN: The powers bestowed to the Plates are the powers of defeated Giants.
I only said Type Energy because the terminology has wormed its way into my head despite not having a canon source.
>>
>>55878485
it occupies a similar place in the fandom as "magical cores" in harry potter fanfic.
nigh-unsupported by canon, but treated by most authors as gospel truth.
this kind of thing happens a lot in older fandoms, especially when the authors aren't interested in newer source material.
>>
>>55877761
Okay.
>>
File: Status Window~01.jpg (396 KB, 1600x2560)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
Speaking of power system, I too have problems trying to make sense of all the sources in Pokémon since its almost Marvel's level of clusterfuck and LA kinda fucked the lore about humans being a different type of Pokémon given how they reacted as if they were new to Pokémon as a whole despite the game being 200-300 years in the past.

Sometimes I just want to use a Status Window
>>
>>55879108
>given how they reacted as if they were new to Pokémon as a whole despite the game being 200-300 years in the past
If you're saying what I think you're saying, it could just be that Indigo and Sinnoh are backwater regions that were thousands of years late to the "get along with pokemon" bandwagon. What's true for them isn't necessary true for the whole world, especially given their lack of communication & travel capabilities.
>>
File: 1711733628637783.png (20 KB, 459x188)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>55879148
I don't know bro, as mentioned before we have the Veilstone's Myth about the swordsman and how every mon vanished so they should technically know to not fear them and iirc the whole creation lore comes from Sinnoh and they're not as fucked as Johto

TL;DR the lore is a fucking mess and they're always retconning something so just take what you like
>>
>>55879174
Masuda is a retard and that tweet is old as shit too.
PLA showed Arceus as literally my mom's God with capital G. Anyone pretending or saying otherwise at this point is retarded.
>>
>>55879148
Also, we are told repeatedly that the player character traveled "through time and space" to get to Hisui. There's no reason it can't be a parallel timeline or another world among ultra-space where civilization and society played out differently from the other worlds we see. In fact, invoking the multiverse fixes a lot of things in canon in general. I forget where but in ORAS they mention another version of Hoenn where mega evolutions don't exist, meaning ORAS and RSE don't take place in the same world. From there we can extrapolate to say that, for example, RBY and GSC take place in a world that discovers Dark and Steel types right around the time that the game takes place (Steel is specifically said to be "newly discovered" in GSC) and also Fairy types don't seem to exist at all; meanwhile FRLG and HGSS take place in a different world where Dark and Steel have been known about for a while, but Fairy still doesn't exist; and then LGPE shows yet another Kanto from a world where Fairy types exist. You can invoke the multiverse the explain most of the little differences between games and between gens. In fact, you kind of have to do that at this point. There's a picture in the abandoned Thrifty Megamart that clearly shows Pikachu riding on Ash, a character who clearly exists in a different universe from the games. You could dismiss it by saying "oh well the pokemon anime must exist in-universe to the games" but it would make more sense for it to be a bit of multiversal flotsam, since this is the region where the ultra wormholes are popping up and stuff is leaking out from other worlds.
>>
>>55879299
>There's a picture in the abandoned Thrifty Megamart that clearly shows Pikachu riding on Ash
>clearly shows
While it's very obvious what the intention was, that shit was not clear. It's blurry enough that they could get away with saying it's just someone who wore the same style of clothes.
>>
>>55879247
"Arceus" is not real. No one has seen this magical sky Llama. Meanwhile pokémon evolution is easily observable.
>>
>>55879666
Cynthia saw it and she wouldn't lie.
>>
File: 1699472906384648.jpg (220 KB, 700x1549)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>55880075
Cynthia can't even use aura, why would you trust such a flawed human being? Her ancestor got cucked by the Big llama too
>>
>>55880114
>Doesn't use Arura
>Still the strongest
Sasuga, Shirona-sama!
>>
>>55880136
That's Red and Leon
>>
>>55880167
>That's Red and Le-ACK!
>>
File: 1702555633933761.jpg (66 KB, 640x733)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
So, what would you put in a Status Window for humans? Lets say Arceus gave one to them as a way to fight against some interdimensional threat beyond UBs like typical gook Gate stuff
>Name
>Type
>Job
>Level
>Passive traits
>Skills
>>
File: as a joke.jpg (33 KB, 725x460)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>55880504
Humans are all class locked to support and industry roles like scientist, coach, and cheerleader.
Martial Artists and Aura Practitioners who thought they were tough shit before the great Status Windowing open their Status expecting something cool like Martial Artist or Bodybuilder but only find "Hype man" or "Wimp Lo".
>>
>>55873029
doggo
>>
Any Ash fixfic/rewrites you'd recommend?
>>
>>55881291
The Another Road Repaved Series is pretty damn good if you get past the initial incredulity of the premise (Ash taking an off year to challenge Kanto again rather than go straight to Unova). Trying Something New has been a pretty cool look at a Kalos redux (Serena as a battler, an actually interesting Ash). It's early pacing is pretty slow though so watch out for that. I recommend the latter if you're looking for something less gargantuan.
>>
File: GKvvNhmXwAANHAT.jpg (542 KB, 1638x2048)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
>>55881315
>Another Road Repaved
>Ash's outfit is Red
Of all the stupid things that can trigger my autism that's probably the biggest, I can read stuff with Haremshit, Magic or whatever but that color is off limits
>>
>>55878515
Ogerpon's dex entries mentions something like type energy. This is however a much more modern explicit mention that was unprecedented before and I doubt it was ever used by author's to justify the existence of Type Energy in their writing.
>This mischief-loving Pokémon is full of curiosity. It battles by drawing out the type-based energy contained within its masks.
>In this form, it draws on the power of water. It attacks unrelentingly with kicks and ivy strikes.
>In this form, it draws on the power of fire. It spears its enemies with thorn-covered ivy.
>In this form, it draws on the power of stone. Its body is rock-solid, protecting it from all manner of attacks.
>>
File: FrbQf_eWAAIquOw.jpg (231 KB, 1920x1080)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
Cultivate
>>
>>55877840
>>55878117
I know >reddit but perhaps you might liking rearing this thing, anon.
https://old.reddit.com/r/pokemonconspiracies/comments/1bn8m0i/elemental_energy_source_of_life/
There's other write-ups of this dude, or maybe it was another dude, who also deal with trying to explain the types of energies and stuff, but they're deep within the other writings that don't deal with the subject as the primary topic so you'll have to go through them yourself. I think it's the Paldea-related topic ones since they try to talk about Terapagos a lot.
The other dude in case you wanna do the deep dive: https://old.reddit.com/user/Kiskeym2/submitted/?sort=new
>>
>>55881721
What are some recommended cultivation works for someone who's never touched one before in their life and only knows what it is through secondary sources?
>>
File: 1587103599020.gif (3.67 MB, 511x286)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB GIF
>>55881767
Twisted Garden iirc, this one is neat too https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13928967/1/

Shame its dead
>>
File: Chapter 2.png (903 KB, 1280x720)
903 KB
903 KB PNG
>>55831157
>>55830672
>>55830533
>>55830220
Aaaand here's chapter 2, Reflections! An old friend returns to the city, as Latias is faced with getting out of her shell!

AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/55731724/chapters/141921100
FFN: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14353859/1/Nothing-Ever-Happens-In-Alto-Mare
>>
>>55881767
nta, and I'm not huge into cultivation stories, but try Reverend Insanity. It uses a system that's pretty different than most cultivation stories, but it's arguably one of the best cultivation stories out there. It's the only one I know of that isn't a complete shitpost in some manner.
I'm actually curious if a "good" normal cultivation story exists lol. The genre fundamentally feels like a shitpost
>>
Fuck you guys.
I'm writing Digimon instead.
>>
File: 1711065330743545.jpg (1.53 MB, 5159x3623)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>55882436
>Reverend Insanity
That one is far from being apt for newbies in cultivation, bro.

I Shall Seal the Heavens
Battle Through the Heavens
Coiling Dragón
Combat Continet
Swallowed Star
The First Ordered
Are probably the best to start
>>
Are there any websites that have a CYOA system where I could write a forced pokephilia/femboy adventure? I got an idea from some images the other day and I've been slowly developing it over the last few days. Pic very related.
>>
>>55882436
I've read that years ago, arguably the only chinkslop worth reading. No harems or other bullshit just a guy on a mad quest. RI's "cultivation" also reminds me of some tropes I've seen in Pokémon fanfics, especially a*rafag ones. They capture or create creatures that then confer an active or passive benefit to the user. I'm pretty sure some Pokémon fanfics do this to an extent where training Pokémon also grants a benefit to the trainers own """"aura""""
>>
File: Cynthia larp.png (3.14 MB, 1080x4920)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
>Aura
>>
>>55882244
Will read this one, too. I like the last one well enough, it filled my insatiable desire for reading material for a bit.
>>
>>55882884
you just know
>>
>>55882244
mmm yes tasty planewife thank you
>>
How do you guys decide when to summarize stuff versus writing it out? I feel like my current story is getting bogged down in some places, and I may need to shorten it, but I'm having trouble deciding what to cut.
>>
>>55883724
Read over it a few times. If parts feel like they drag on consecutive readings, then it might be a good idea to check those out first.
>>
File: 114628889_p0.png (910 KB, 1920x1080)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
>>55880075
>Cynthia wouldn't lie
Cynthia continues to ignore the allegations of grooming younger trainers and having inappropriate sexual relationships with minors. Why would we take her word on anything?
>>
>>55883679
>>55883144
I'm glad you've enjoyed! And I hope you'll enjoy the finale coming next week :3
>>
>>55883841
Cynthia is too autistic to groom
>>
>>55884317
This. If anything, Cynthia would be the easily groomable one.
Just tempt her little by little with your meta knowledge by teasing her with small bits of lore until she becomes completely yours.
>>
>>55884493
>Seduce Cynthia with a Garchmp t-shirt, a book on archeology, and bucket of ice cream
>Wake up in the morning with sore balls and a ring of lipstick around your cock
>>
File: 1455551658293.jpg (595 KB, 822x1200)
595 KB
595 KB JPG
>>55884568
Honestly, the chances of Cynthia being a femcel are surprisingly high.
Firstly, there's all her autism, be it for battle, history or ice cream. But she's also a prime example of that typical woman who's too beautiful and too powerful and stuff that she falls under that cliche of "she's too good for us plebs, she probably already has someone, etc" so no one dares to shoot their shoot.
>>
>>55884493
>meta knowledge
Glowies are unironically looking for you tho, the moment you do that is the moment your freedom is gone
>>
>>55884706
Depends when in the timeline you are. Interpol glowies might not be up to speed on the whole ultra beast / faller thing when you arrive.
Just gotta arm yourself before they reach that point and remember about that guy with all the meta knowledge who fucked Sinnoh's champion
>>
>>55884706
Why are we pretending the International Police is competent at all?
Looked is highly incompetent and even Anabel who's lauded as super competent and outranks Looker ended up depending on (you) at the end of the day to solve the clusterfuck.
>>
>>55884706
I like to think the interpol glowies have an actual faller as like a supervisor who can see the signs of someone who had been isekai’d and use them as reference to find these people. As an SI you not only have to deal with interpol but also one of your own helping them round people like you up. There are easy signs of this
>weirdly niche knowledge of pokemon
>knows things that are held secret by other regions
>tries to waifu up individuals on a separate watch list
>looks up gardevoir porn
>age range between 16 to 30’s trying to become a trainer without prior tests or educational support
>>
>>55884317
She hangs out with kids all the time because she's autistic and relates to them more. Hag needs correction.
>>
>>55882636
Good call.
>>
Haven't looked at these threads in a while, but I saw a playthrough of a game with really bad first-draft-tier dialogue and it got me thinking... What's the writing process look like for you guys, start to finish?

I usually start with a vague idea in my head and start building out an outline—I basically write out the entire story in bulletpoints (though it's really more like greentext, I even use le meme arrows). Every individual action or interaction is scribbled down (though some straightforward/unimportant ones are glazed over), and dialogue is usually fully written out unless it's unimportant. I'll also choreograph any fights down to each individual attack/action, which can slow me down a bit since I have to think more than when I just note down a vague bulletpoint.

After that's done, I start again from the beginning of the document, writing out my draft above the outline and erasing each bulletpoint as it's completed. I usually add or expand scenes or interactions here that weren't in the outline, since I usually get a few more ideas based on how the story's flowing when I'm writing it all out. Whenever I can't for the life of me think of how to word something (or it needs expanding), I just write the first thing that comes to mind and surround the placeholder with brackets to mark it for editing later.

I usually do the outline and draft on my phone because I like to write while pacing around, but once it's done, I move it to my laptop since it's harder to tell if everything looks right on a tiny screen with a weird aspect ratio (not to mention it's easier to miss mistakes). I start by reading through the whole story and marking anything else that sticks out to me as needing polishing, whether it's clunky wording or dialogue that feels off. Afterwards, I pass through again to start fixing everything that's been marked, and then finally one last time after I'm done to make sure it's all ready.

Each step takes a few days, outline/draft being the longest.
>>
File: 20230324_233653.jpg (516 KB, 2500x2500)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
Do we know anything about the "giants" Arceus fought? Like sure, I know they will never bring it up again but what we do know is that space is really fucked up to the point that Deoxys, Fugg, Necrozma and Eternatus would rather stay on the planet than go back.
>>
>>55885909
Nope. Nothing. It's all just vague crap from item descriptions.
>>
So what is with fanfic writers not wanted people to catch legendary Pokémon? Like it stated by Gamefreak that exceptional people are allowed to catch legendaries like Latias and Heatran and the only reason why pokemon like Arceus and Palkia can even be caught is because they allowed themselves to be caught?

So what is with writers so that it is utterly impossible?
>>
>>55886003
People just like legendaries feeling like a big deal.
People don't like when PoacherMcPoachMan captures a Suicuine with just net-sama.
>>
>>55886016
So having the top leaders and the most powerful trainers catch legendary Pokémon is consider “not a big deal”?

The only people, aside from the MC, are people who hold high influence and are consider the strongest pokemon trainers in the game like the Battle Frontier and all it variations
>>
>>55886030
You are looking at things through a game lens.
You have to keep in mind the anime lens too. Where legendaries were seldom caught, but befriended, where a normal pokemon beating a legendary always felt like a massive deal and proof of being a real nigga, where when legendaries got caught by evil people it always through super duper magical technological hax means and rarely if ever caught legit.
There's a reason why people hated how shitneys started to make legendaries feel like weak jobbers.
Like I said, people like legendaries being big deals. Even bigger deals than the tip top trainers.
>>
>>55885909
My guess the giants were the other type energies born alongside normal type energy competing for dominance in whatever personified form they were in.
Arceus beat them for the most part ate what he could and shat out the Regis.

I am absolutely certain that the Flying type giant is still free somewhere having long recuperated and left because how utterly dominant flying types are.
>>
>>55848415
>https://archiveofourown.org/works/45902254
this brazilian harem story
mc turns pokephilic (thirsty for fire chicken at the beginning, but other critters join him later) after he befriends a brown chick that is pregnant with lucario's bade, and some blonde dude that impregnated his zoroark
for reasons that I don't understand nor remember they travel to unova to participate in some tourney, befriending more pokefuckers in their journey
team rocket is also there
but the most jarring is that this world have both normal pokemon and anthro pokemon, so you see this normal ass galvantula (male) and this bumbofied bipedal galvantula (female)
>>
It's kinda crazy the level of technology the anime has
>>
reminder. if your story does not involve a romantic relationship between:
>an hebe and a man at least 4 years her senior
>a young man and a hag at least ten years his senior
>a pokemon (female) and a human (male)
then I won't read your story
>>
>>55885909
>The power of defeated giants infuses this Plate
They've only been directly mentioned this one single time. Everything else about the giants specifically is speculation because gamefreaks are hack frauds who, despite having made four(4) Sinnoh games and even including Arceus surprises in other games, still haven't gotten into proper religious mythos.
>>
File: sword cultivation.png (1.88 MB, 3000x2009)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
So I finally decided to say fuck it, bros.

Sword cultivation for me, hope you can pick the best power system in the clusterfuck we have
>>
>>55887452
pokephilia it is
>>
>>55887476
Look at >>55879174
They never will because Masuda wants to make that world similar to ours
>>
>>55887500
Who said anything about Arceus being a god?
>>
>>55887452
ok
>>
>>55887505
Bro, Arceus created the universe at birth and was the first being in existence
>>
>>55887539
Proof that Arceus is so important?
It might have simply been the first giant molded into existence for all we know.
>>
>>55887576
>>
>>55887576
You know in the anime Dialga and Palkia created a new universe for Cyrus. Same Pokemon to get their asses handed to Arceus when it had an episode.
>>
>>55887618
>it is described in mythology
That's specifically from the perspective of humanity. A giant may as well be a god to them, Dialga and Palkia got mixed up in that mess for similar reasons.
>>55887622
Wasn't Arceus in the anime enslaved/defeated by a human with a shiny rock?
>>
>>55887576
Play PLA, retard.
>>
>>55887633
Do you immediately assume any magical creature that summons you is god?
This is why Wh40k is in such a bad state, huh.
>>
File: Ghost.png (1.91 MB, 1280x1872)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
Ignore the filthy heretic
>>
>>55887631
The director of the movie said Arceus was too powerful that it didn't allow the plot have any sense at all, so he had to nerf it in the movie.
In the games Arceus creates a new Dialga/Palkia/Giratina for the player in HG/SS of their choice. Dialga and Palkia in D/P created a new universe again for Cyrus before the player/Giratina intervened.
>>
>>55887647
Giants are powerful beings.
The fact Dialga and Palkia, known to be not giants, can create entire universes on their lonesome proves that there's more to being god than simple creation in Pokemon.
>>
>>55887631
>Wasn't Arceus in the anime enslaved/defeated by a human with a shiny rock?
So was in the manga and kicked in the face by a human
>>
>>55887655
Yeah, and Arceus whipped those giants' asses. Face it, we have zero info and context behind these giants and gamefreak refused to elaborate for more than a decade. Nothing we'll say about these giants will have anything based on actual canon sources beyond one text.
>>
Why the talk of giants when the author behind the engravings on the plates is an unknown? Some will say these giants have more credibility yet say the rest of the engravings that call Arceus the Original One and one true god on the other engravings to be false and propaganda. It's just bias and agenda talk.
>>
Wasn't Volo from a clan that got wrecked by the llama to the point that he got obssessed with it?
>>
>>55887731
I thought it was Giratina since it raged and caused lightning bolts which were the ones responsible for making the Noble Pokemon rampage. The Zap Plate says so.
>The third being raged, raining down bolts of anger.
>>
>>55887689
>the rest of the engravings that call Arceus the Original One and one true god
they don't though
>>
>>55887744
Mind Plate
>The Original One breathed alone before the universe came.
Icicle Plate
>Two beings of time and space set free from the Original One
Pixie Plate
>The Original One is in all things. The Original One is nowhere at all
Legend Plate
>From all creations, over all creations, does the Original One watch over all
The plates basically word for word use the saying "all in one, one in all" to say that Arceus is the one true god. It exists everywhere yet nowhere, basically omnipresent. Everything that exists is a part of Arceus, and the Arceus we see is just a bunrei of the real Arceus that has no actual form.
>>
>>55887761
That's not Arceus.
>>
>>55887772
t. Volo
>>
This reminds me, why do so many fics correlate the PLA characters with the DP characters?
Arceus specifically says to you
>Soon you will find yourself in a world strange to you.
>A world inhabited by wondrous creatures that humans call "Pokemon".
They wouldn't say this if you were a native from one of the pokemon worlds. It's an Isekai, not a time travel or parallel universe hop.
>>
File: FENCmClXMAYUd7f.jpg (83 KB, 1200x675)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>55887815
Arceus is breaking the 4th wall to talk to the player like the professors do in the other games.
>>
>>55888016
And just like in those games, you completely recreate yourself/your avatar.
No two PCs are the same human, and there's nothing in DPP/BDSP that suggests you're the same person that appeared in the past. Even the anime doesn't humor this idea, and player characters don't even exist in that setting.
>>
>>55886046
Befriending a legendary is about the same as "catching" one to be fair.
>>
>>55885905
I start once I have a vague idea of how I want my story to progress, then vomit out a rough draft without much planning. Once I feel like I'm out of ideas, I let it for a few days so I can edit and expand it with fresh eyes. Editing is a total slog for me though so it takes a while
>>
So if Arceus isn't a God, what's stopping humans from reaching its realm?
>>
>>55888322
Being born as a human is the same as being born with virtually non-existent spiritual roots. Without a [SYSTEM] that lets you [GACHA] to get the [SSS AURA ROOTS] on their first roll, humans will always be no better than bags of meat that slap themselves around.
>>
>>55888090
>there's nothing in DPP/BDSP that suggests you're the same person that appeared in the past
I was going to say that the Diglett pic suggests otherwise, but the Pal Park only exists for gameplay reasons, and the "me" makes no sense since, in theory, if the PLA MC is the same as BDSP's, he shouldn't know that he went to the past because it shouldn't have happened yet at that point. Another thing that suggests that the protagonist is the same person is that in BDSP Canalave's library, there's a book about Manaphy that tells you how to find Manaphy in PLA, but the quest's description in PLA implies that the protagonist had already read that book before. In the end, if you think the Arceus dialogue actually happened, you could say that PLA is an isekai, but it could always be the DP protagonist.
>>
File: 1715735381444081.gif (276 KB, 220x236)
276 KB
276 KB GIF
Any fics with this little guy?
>>
File: 1713696236647326.jpg (194 KB, 900x680)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>55873727
>>55873812
>>55874980
You know what, It think I'll add this to my fic. It be a nice contract with Unova and a good source of conflict with Isekai MC Dealing with a Isekai British soldier. Still playing around with the idea of some in Galar trying to set up a "Normal" gym circuit. Could have Allister as the main spear heading the movement as he had a separate gym in the anime. Not sure if I just want Rose to be the main villain or have the old guard backing him up.
Plus, my inner Irishman is going to take every opportunity to shit on [s] British [/s] I mean Galar.

>>55877761
Fuck, I just realize I wrote 50k of my outline instead of the fic.

>>55884706
As >>55845424 said. META knowledge is useless/impossible in a live setting. Plus as long as your not doing something super brazen or stupid, you can just pass it off as some local with ancient/secret/pass down knowledge.
>>55884737
I don't think Interpol has the resources or personal to do even one of those things. Plus with the crazy shit and villainous team running around they got a lot more shit to worry about then some autist and that assuming Interpol even half way competent like what >>55884729 said.

>>55884715
>Just gotta arm yourself before
my mc way ahead of you.
>>
>>55887485
>Sword cultivation
>not Heavenly Demon
Lame
>>
>>55888153
Is it on a ball?
No?
Then it's not caught. Simple as.
>>
>>55889194
I'll admit, I've plenty of times juggled with the though of writing out a Galarfic with such themes. A fixfic of sorts to be honest. I'm not gonna call myself a britaboo, but I really absolutely abhor how fucking awful Galar was and how it didn't even touch even 1% touch of how good it could have been. It's an absolute embarrassment towards Britain. Nothing but wasted potential even for Pokemon shit standards.
However, the prospect of going through swooshie once more for the sake of research, and going through the internet to see people's ideas, theories and what-not, actually look at the opinions of people who actually do like and slurp Galar to see what I can take, put my own spin on things, etc for myself without losing my mind at how shit their taste is. All the whole research business about Gen 8 and so to be able to actually write a proper thing. All that? Is a really really big hurdle to jump over. It feels like willingly diving into an ocean of shit just to ever so slowly gather enough materials to be able to craft a gem. It's a tough pill to swallow so I keep forever putting it off even if once in a while during my normal internet browsing I chance upon something that looks like it has potential or may be a good idea always reminding me that I should just do it.
>>
File: FKWydZnaAAAk7Ny.jpg (332 KB, 1500x1600)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>55890198
I normally feel that way too, but I've decided to actually not do any extensive research at all and just wing it because as you said Galar is an ocean of shit. One playthrough was enough.
So long as I don't character-assassinate anyone's waifu/husbando, I doubt anyone will notice or care.

Well, I say that, but then I learned Galar is the only reason an Officer Jenny has never been seen, which forced me to scrap half a chapter and a related arc outline.
It's funny how even now I'm discovering just how more and more dystopian Galar is. Rose has his own privately funded police, or deliberately doesn't let Jennys into his region? oh boy
>>
>>55890248
I wish I could be like that, but I'm too autistic to be able to not care. I utterly hate and abhorr Galar from the bottom of my soul which I why I wanna do the impossible and actually turn it from a negative into a positive for myself. I wanna challenge myself and give Britain what it deserved that GF denied it.
>>
>>55885905
I do a high level bullet point outline which provides the rough shape of the story and characters along with any particular specific info or snippets that might strike hard in the planning process. For an ambitious story, the plot, setting, and individual characters may get their own separate outline docs. When that's ready, I outline an individual chapter with bullet points typically representing about a paragraph of content before finally writing it out for real.
>>
>>55886003
Most fanfic writers aren't good enough to handle the power scaling required if the MC gets a legendary in not the final act (and that's fair, professionals fuck that up too). Not even mentioning, having a legendary means the main antagonist has to get one (or multiple antagonists get one each). Obviously good writing can pull just about anything off, but it's hard.
>>
So, what the fuck is cultivation anyway?
>>
>>55891626
An obnoxious forced meme infesting the modern writethreads
>>
>>55891626
Cultivation is literally just your average Pokemon fic but with a chinese spin on it. The chinese spin places an emphasis on one's perceived place in society's heirarchies, and how someone who is weak cannot contend with one who is strong.
>Protagonist mcBattle walks up to an Ace Trainer and demands a battle, who snorts derisively at him
>"You think you can battle me, Junior? Your pokemon is only in the first evolution realm! I exist in the eighth badge realm and all my pokemon have reached the third evolution realm! Sever an arm and break a leg, and I will leave your corpse intact!"
>Protagonist mcBattle slaps his pokeball belt and an alpha Rayquaza spills out, crushing hundreds of nearby on lookers and demolishing the nearby orphanage
>"I'll have my battle... in singles!"
>The Ace Trainer coughs up a mouthful of blood, he cannot believe what is happening! How can a trainer so young with a first evolution realm pokemon on their shoulder be so powerful!?
>>
File: 1715809201394.jpg (73 KB, 778x779)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>55891626
I think it started during one of the usual arguments about how to depict aura, and then someone brought up the way some chinese literature handles it as a joke
Might be misremembering.
>>
>>55891626
here's an in depth explanation for the threads
>People write fanfics of pokemon
>want their characters to be special
>normally in other stories this happens by giving them a special ability or magic power or something that puts them above others simply for existing
>in pokemon this starts as having special pokemon
>this progresses
>"what makes one trainer better than another"
>eventually you get trainers who have special things about them, but are still human
>super intelligence or martial arts or whatever used to justify stronger pokemon
>then it grows, trainers who can talk to pokemon or have psychic powers because Sabrina
>then Pokemon 4: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
>suddenly its discovered by chance Ash canonly has magic "Aura" powers
>vaguely described in what they do
>"bonds" "shields"
>suddenly fanfic protags all are secretly Aura Guardians or have Psychic powers
>Aura takes off HUGE, way more than anything else and is used to justify EVERYTHING with how vague it is
>queue Chinese Wuxia/Xianxia genre of writing
>'Aura' is a concept of a person's presence or power
>these genres have people who are super strong or can even destroy mountains and "defy the heavens" through "cultivation"
>"cultivation" is taking the energy of the heavens and earth into yourself to make yourself stronger, eventually becoming an immortal, the end result of chinese magic kungfu
>often described as mediating for extreme times
>Lucario the poster pokemon for aura mediatates
>People make the connection and take it further suggesting trainers need to cultivate Aura to get stronger
>add in Xianxia jokes about "Junior, you dare!" and other memes since Xianxia are usually slaughterhouses where billions die casually all the time contrasting Pokemon's peacefulness and fanfics edginess
It's basically the eventual result of people taking things further.
Cultivation is a chinese fantasy concept, to understand it beyond it's relationship to these threads you'd have to read the genre
>>
Is there a Joker expy in the Pokemon universe? Doesn't really have a plan, just wants to burn shit down, completely unpredictable and batshit insane. I feel like there has to be one but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.
>>
>>55892233
For me it's Cyrus – intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>55892233
TvTropes considers Spinel from Horizons to be a Joker expy, but reading about him, he seems to be similar on surface level stuff like being crazy and willing to harm anyone. No similarities with the clown prince of crime on actual anarchistic behaviour or usage of nonsense and comedy.
>>
>>55892531
Spinel, from what we've seen so far, is not a madlad who does things just for shits'n'giggles.

This is the typical tumblrite going wild with their headcanons and treating it as canon. Spinel's not had much screen time, so they've had plenty of time to fill in the missing gaps with their delusions. It's the same shit that happened with digital clown circus, so many tumblrites had formed headcanon gospels for the characters based off of one brief episode and then they got frothing mad once episode 2 came out and destroyed their headcanon.
>>
>>55892047
Meanwhile, me, evolving my Caterpie 30,000 words into the story.
>>
File: 1700607111190389.png (134 KB, 480x764)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>55891626
>>
>>55892233
There's kind of two ways to play the joker. Either you play up the camp and make him a goofball, which is typically too silly for the pokemon setting; or you play up the anarchy and nihilism, which is too grim for the pokemon setting. The closest we have to the campy Joker is the anime's Rocket trio. I don't think we have anything close to the edgy joker in canon. Maybe... Ghestis is sort of approaching it, but he's a long way off.

Before anyone gets any big ideas about writing their own expy Joker, be forewarned that a badly written joker knockoff is one of the most unbearably cringe villains imaginable. I would advise against even trying it.
>>
>>55892233
There is exactly one that comes to mind. Miror B.
>>
>>55893469
If the rocket trio actually caused real harm and couldn't be stopped despite Ash trying, then they'd be jokers. As they stand they're basically half-good guys who help people more often than actually harming them.
>>
>>55893469
There's no decent equivalent outside of fanon. Better to just write a story inserting the joker into the Pokémon world.
What's the worst that could happen?
>>
File: 95794_p0.png (21 KB, 400x400)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>55893628
Oh you already KNOW what's the worst that could happen, Anon!
>>
File: x1ww7wqbiqdb1.jpg (1014 KB, 1665x2560)
1014 KB
1014 KB JPG
>>55893628
There are at least four ways that story can end.

>Joker adapts to the Pokémon world, outsmarts some of the brilliant heads, wreaks havoc, and he dooms the world by either obtaining powers that shouldn't be in his control, or by infecting everyone with his gas
>Joker does most of the above things, but one or several characters get around his crime style, to beat him
>alternatively, Batman somehow traces Joker into the Pokémon world and saves the day
>Joker doesn't adapt to the Pokémon world, tries to detonate his gas somewhere, and gets instantly defeated by some trainer
>>
>>55888351
t. "dao of the litrpg" loser
>>55891664
It could have been worse anon, the forced meme could be litrpgs instead, wouldn't you love a bunch of blue boxes?
>>
>>55893673
Considering the use of game mechanics I'm surprised there aren't as many gamerslop fanfics.
>>
>>55882244
what is with that picture of Bianca, bro?
>>
>>55893985
Hm? What about it? :o

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.