[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Come here for talk about all things Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Previous thread: https://arch.b4k.co/vp/thread/55819079

PMD Catalog: https://mega.nz/folder/tr8i1aiQ#AWzqkesoNSeSUGjHSug5dw

PMD Fangames Catalog: https://mega.nz/folder/QuYRBJAL#JhfXAuBdsZhQ_7jeIslqHQ
Romhacks Overview/Reviews: https://rentry.org/pmdglph

PMD Guides: https://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u
Explorers of Sky Romhacking Guide: https://rentry.org/skytempleguide

Everything about the Clover Guild: https://cloverguild.com
Drawing Board: https://magma.com/d/7licqbohg0
Drawing Request: https://rentry.org/DrawReqPublic

Questions:
>Have any manmade objects come into the PMD world via portals or other means?
>What creative things could you do with items that isn't their intended use (game mechanics wise)? Like that one time Groovyle used Luminous orb to blind the enemy.
>For long distance travel, would you like travel by water or by air?
>Are you the type of guy that does the easy jobs from the bulletin board and calls it a day, or would you prefer taking on the more challenging jobs?
>>
Recap of the previous thread:
>Sceptile-anon released a new comic page, page 13 (https://arch-img.b4k.co/vp/1715095579180.jpg)
>There is a moderate amount of discussion about PMD games.
>A lot of art and shitposts have been drawn.
>Drawingboard #36 is completed

Drawingboard #30 is still not yet completed, but we are so close to completing it—just four more portraits! (https://rentry.org/qme36vnp)
There are still some questions that aren't answered in the anniversary QnA. Please take a look and see if your character has any remaining questions: (https://rentry.org/ChrPrompt2)
>>
File: fergus and kaiser.png (94 KB, 669x935)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
New one-off story, new pair of characters. Hope you like it:

https://rentry.org/JointVenture
>>
>>55853021
>drew a human but didn't draw his face
Based human identity denier.

Neat story.
>>
>>55852987
cute 'ganium
>>
>>55853021
Your prose is amazing as always. Your vocabulary and grasp of the English language in general is very impressive. Very nice story anon, and the art is very cool too.
>>
>>55852987
>>Have any manmade objects come into the PMD world via portals or other means?
however the fuck the power plant got there
>>What creative things could you do with items that isn't their intended use (game mechanics wise)? Like that one time Groovyle used Luminous orb to blind the enemy.
i like to imagine that the friend bow and equivalent items make pokemon more happy even if they aren't wild pokemon
>>For long distance travel, would you like travel by water or by air?
air
>>Are you the type of guy that does the easy jobs from the bulletin board and calls it a day, or would you prefer taking on the more challenging jobs?
there's no option for inbetween?
easy jobs, cause i like succeeding at things even if they're menial
>>
Reposting since no one seemed to care: A new wonder mail exploit allowing you to recruit *any* pokemon in Explorers, including pink Kecleon, shiny Celebi, Dummy and cutscene entities
https://youtube.com/watch?v=OfSTtRYuSis
>>
>>55853791
That's pretty crazy. Turns out it's never too late to discover this kind of thing, even for an almost 20 years old game. I played through Sky again on my actual cartridge recently, so it's a good time as any to try that.
>>
>>55853791
Doesn't Arceus have data as well? Not the graphics, but like the moveset and stuff.
>>
>>55854394
I'm fairly certain he does. I've seen a lot of romhacks where custom mons they add and forget to properly edit have a moveset of like, seismic toss, cosmic power, natural gift, and punishment, which is arceus's level 1 moves in DPPT.
>>
Is it just me or are blast seeds broken in later games? I remember always saving them for boss fights in Super because they did way more damage than in the previous games
>>
>>55855282
I wouldn't say they're broken as opposed to actually being useful for once. 35 closerange damage is pretty pitiful
>>
I've never looked into pmd comics before, but now I've got the itch. What are the recommendations?
>>
>>55855474
They are all in the OP
Unless you mean fan made ones. Then i suggest pokemon abridgestery dungeon, if you can stomach the memes and shitposting. A retell of pmd red/blue.
>>
>>55855474
ICMA in recent memory. It's very shonen-like and the plot is as basic as it gets but it's a pretty fun read, although updates are slow
>>
>>55855474
Abridgestery Dungeon and Victory Fire are two good ones I've read.

I've also read White Rose and Hope in Friends. In case it wasn't obvious, both of them are more Deviantart wish fulfillment comics than actual stories from fans of the series.

I'd say if you're looking for PMD comics that are any good and you haven't read AD or VF, try the mangas linked in the OP. They're not perfect, but they might be to your liking. At the very least, the art captures the aesthetic of Mystery Dungeon brilliantly.
>>
>>55855293
That's because blast seeds in the earlier games weren't supposed to be used in boss fights. In fact, the damage dealt to bosses is reduced. Their original purpose was to be an alternative attack that would allow you to conserve PP for your moves. PP management used to be a bigger part of PMD before the games started spamming max elixirs and introducing ethers into dungeons.
>>
>>55855723
>hope in friends
Oh man, I remember that one. I didn’t read much of it, but I remember thinking it was kinda cringe and the art style had issues
>>
If you want the proper experience of Hope in Friends, make sure you check out the oscarworthy comic dub on YouTube. Had me in tears in a single minute
https://youtu.be/AQFHg0L6Bkc
>>
>>55855783
Damn this is so good
>>
>>55855723
You should have warned him that victory fire was never finished
>>
>>55855738
that 35 damage a blast seed does in RT stops being useful after Mt Steel. Even the default attack starts outdamaging it shortly after. Outside that you'd get more use from the +5 hunger recovery from eating it.
>>
File: d2d.jpg (34 KB, 640x484)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Is there a way to reverse the effects of an Itemizer Orb?
There clearly has to be, since a dungeon run ends immediately if the player gets turned into an item, then they return to the guild back to normal like it's no big deal.
>>
>>55855910
>Is there a way to reverse the effects of an Itemizer Orb?
What, gameplay-wise? Not to my knowledge.
But if you're looking for an in-universe reason, I'm guessing that it's a temporary transformation.
>>
File: 1562915652983.gif (1.86 MB, 228x170)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>55855938
Yes, I'm talking in-universe.
But if it's temporary, why do Pokemon affected by the Itemizer Orb never come back?
>>
>>55855988
What do you mean by that? Do you permanently lose recruits that get itemized? I’ve never used Itemizer Orbs so I dunno how they work
If that’s true, it honestly feels like a mistake on the devs’ part if you can lose a teammate forever just because of a certain item being used
>>
>>55856024
No he is being a schizo pretending the mechanic has any thought put into it when the devs simply put it for the lulz in the games
>>
>>55855879
You'll also just start stockpiling max elixirs so your default attack won't matter nearly as much. Most items in the late game start losing their value unless they can be used to cheese a legendary fight
>>
>>55856024
Through some stupid move that reverse item effects back onto the user or something, you can basically use an itemizer orb on yourself. It doesn't end your game, you just wake up the next day having failed your mission. You're not stuck permanently as an apple

Now if somebody had eaten you while you were an apple, I'm not so sure if you can come back from that
>>
>>55856117
Spooky sister! Now the real reason is that every item in a dungeon is an itemized pokemon. Now you can go and write your creepy pizza, sister.
>>
File: z18.png (206 KB, 806x806)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>55852987
>Have any manmade objects come into PMD?
I would think tms already assert that it happened often enough
>What creative things could you do with items that isn't their intended use?
Blast seed fireworks, cute
>Would you like travel by water or by air?
Flying, birds are nice, much more interesting

Work made from previous drawing board.
>>
>>55856117
>>55856551
Itemization leans too hard into those transformation fetishes where people apparently find it hot to be turned into an inanimate sentient object. Shit's like a new brand of guro/vore.

I have no mouth, eyes, ears, or dick and I must scream.
>>
>>55857029
One of the dumbest fetishes. You wouldn't feel shit if you are a fucking apple
>>
File: hire me chunsoft.gif (236 KB, 220x124)
236 KB
236 KB GIF
>"Heheheh... You fools think you've won? I've got you right where I want you... You'd have to be Explorers of Darkness to get out of this trap!"
>Darkrai used Baddy Bad!
>>
File: 1715218171864.png (951 B, 40x40)
951 B
951 B PNG
>Master Dialga, I have troubling news about the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time have ventured inside to retrieve the Time Gear!
>>
>>55857029
People are taking the definition of fruity too literally
>>
Wanna play Mystery Dungeon
i've already beaten them all before but that was a long time ago. Should i Play Project Orion or is there something similar but for Rescue Team?

also how do you guys choose what to get Isekai'd into (for the clover guild)? theres so many nice pokemon and its painfully hard
im not really active (been lurking for a while and all the stuff i see here is comfy and nice) but i think it could be fun when i eventually join for one reason or another
>>
>>55857686
You just pick whatever you like best
>>
File: download (26).png (33 KB, 758x424)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>>55852989
>Drawingboard #30 is still not yet completed, but we are so close to completing it—just four more portraits!
let's gooo almost done!

>>55853021
YES! I was looking forward to reading your next story. Will review it

>>55856662
Incredibly kino art fern anon.

>"Looks like everything's in order!"
>Said Linoone, Reviewing today's route on the map.
>He looked back to his passenger, a little zorua who was hugging him tightly.
>Because he would be helping him out with delivery today, Linoone gave him a Delibird Deliveries hat. It was a bit too big for him, but they didn't have any smaller back at the post office. Admittedly, Linoone thought he looked adorable that way.
>"First time, right?" He asked.
>Fern simply nodded, anxious yet excited to see what a day as a DD worker looks like.
>Linoone smiled back "Well, then make sure you hold on tight. I'll show you why I claim to be the fastest mailmon in the grass continent!"
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 243x208)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>Grovyle, what are you saying? We'd need to be Explorers of the Sky to get to Temporal Tower!
>>
>>55857686
There's DX for the switch, but that's not exactly the similar.

Legendaries are usually frowned on, but otherwise you usually just pick whatever you want.
>>
>>55857686
Orion's good if you've played vanilla before and would like a playthrough that feels a bit more fresh.
As for the other thing I just picked a mon i like, that's all.
>>
>>55857686
Project Orion is a great QoL improvement to Sky.
For the guild, I just picked my favorite Pokemon. You can do that if you want, or you can pick a species you think would be interesting to become or interesting to write about. Just don't do something obviously stupid, like making a shiny Groudon as your character, and it'll probably turn out okay.
And don't feel pressured to create a character and create content for the guild. You can still hang out in the general and chat about PMD.
>>
Don't bother making anything for Clover. Worst mistake of my life.
>>
>>55857686
I would just pick whatever you want, even if it's a legendary if you think you can carry it or spin it in a way that works, probably best to peer review the idea or write something to get a feel for it.

I made multiple characters because I'm a schizo.
>>
>>55857873
oh well, i dont really wanna play on my switch since i wanna play while im on the bus to work (and after my shift ends) so i'll probably just get Orion but thanks for the info
also dont worry about legendaries (i just needed a pic to post), i come from the ponyta community, i know deity OCs are like the worst kind of thing one can make
>>55858017
so a regular groudon then
i'll figure it out eventually, thanks!
>>55857701
>>55857902
>>55858143 (based oc making machine schizo)
i will think of something
there's so many pokemon i love from each region, picking only one (two) is a nightmare but i still appreciate the help!
>>
>>55853021
pure unadulterated kino
>>
File: beds.png (123 KB, 395x300)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>55858189
Remember to check out the Orion changelog, it's a pretty long one
>>
Does anyone want to try the mission for getting a shiny Celebi egg and see if it works? Make sure there isn’t already an egg in the Chansey Day Care, take the job and make sure the Gabite Scale isn’t already in your bag, and get the egg and see what happens? And how does the mission go when the floor’s set to “B0F”?
>>
>>55859134
>B0F
How can you find an item on a floor that doesn't exist?
>>
File: GLSIy8ebYAEHpMh.jpg (286 KB, 2048x1359)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
Do you think cuisine in the pokemon world would be better than what we have in the human world? I feel like dishes would be more basic, but less processed and probably would taste better due to pokemon having different palettes.
>>
>>55859134
Is this code for T/D or Sky
>>
>>55860869
Wonder Mail S=Sky
>>
>>55860520

There's like canonically over 60 berries with wildly different flavor and traits in the franchise and I can only assume all of these exist in parallel with PMD. There's apricorns, tofu, every real life fruit, vegetable, and grain you can think of. Countless herbs both mundane and magical... I think PMD world cuisine is wildly diverse, even without meat being attributed.
>>
>>55861439
i wanna know what spice they have in pmdland
>>
>>55860520
It’s mostly fruit based. I’d imagine stuff would mostly be sweet, and it’d be relatively rare to find something savory.
>>
>going through Sky Tower for the first time

Damn, another song stuck in my head.
>>
>>55862480
Kino overdoses have increased since the release of Rescue Team
>>
File: chap 5 1.png (9 KB, 319x226)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Jeez louise that took forever to write.
Chapter 5 is finally here. The boys made it to Capim, can they find the guild?
https://rentry.org/WithinMe5
>>
>>55863144
You fools, you're now legal to cameo in my stories!

Nice read and art.
>>
File: munch.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>Find a Hyper Beam TM
>Description says it explodes upon impact
>Teach it to my Dusknoir thinking that the AI might be smart enough to not use it when allies are close to the enemy
>It is not smart
>Dusknoir fires a beam at an enemy standing in front of me, hitting me and killing two recruits

I'm so fucking amused that I am gonna keep the move despite it not being optimal, and explosions are cool anyway.
Also, apparently I got lucky and found some kind of rare Munchlax event?
>>
>>55863366
I remember finding Munchlax once in BRT but he didn't talk to me despite me having a Huge Apple. Maybe in that game he only looks for a normal Apple?
>>
>>55863366
One of these things is not like the others
>>
File: too fast.png (291 KB, 1280x1280)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>It's a Monster House!
>opposing faggot used Agility!
So how, exactly, does Agility buff allies? I can understand something like Tailwind, but one asshole deciding he wants to move at double speed somehow means the entire room does too?
>>
>>55863717
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to go up and talk to him
>>
>>55863366
mark of the Beast...
>>
File: ve5ii9[1].png (108 KB, 700x1000)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>
>>55864504
Yes. It also does the same for your party.
>>
>>55865037
Heh. Good work, anon.
>>
>>55865037
I like the Live Tropius Reaction
>>
>>55863144
Very nice anon, the art is quite cute
>>
File: wuh.png (3 KB, 294x181)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>55865237
There are many
>>
>>55865784
Post the proper version, anon
>>
File: booker and sneasel.png (8 KB, 602x461)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>55865790
There are many proper versions
>>
>>55865889
what would come out of this though
>>
>>55866424
Nothing
They don’t share an egg group
>>
>>55853021
interesting introduction for these new characters! There's a lot of unanswered questions about their background, I don't know if it's intentional or not ; What was the agency they were working for? Sounds supernatural, like the SCP. Why did the earpiece stop functioning?

Anyway, I like the characters and the fact that they distrust psychic types kek. Also, I think it's the second time we have a pokemon + trainer combo right? First one being Mandibuzz and Gliscor. I like that concept.

I hope his mission partner Quincy finds a way to get in PMD world too to get Kaiser back, that would make it so interesting! Idea : Because he is a nerd and went into the "zone" purposefully, he got to decide which pokémon he would be, and the choice of pokémon he picked would infuriate Kaiser (could be an edgy mon, or a waifu-bait pokemon or something lol)

>>55864707
KEK
love seeing Ross drawn. How would that substitude work btw? Tropius could just walk over it
>>
>>55866424
A hotdogs in a hallway.
>>
>>55866600
Isn't that best case scenario? All the unprotected sex you want without any risk of offspring.
>>
>>55867137
But what if you actually want to have a kid and start a family together?
>>
>>55860520
>>55861439
What if gummi...
were actually synthetized pokemon meats of a certain type?
>>
>>55867137
doesn't it mean that you actually can't fuck at all
>>
>>55864504
because everything that isn't on your side is on the same side they're all treated as if they're one party, like yours.
it's just that you can't ever feasibly get your party that high so you can't see that it does, in fact effect the entire team
>>
>>55865041
>>55867426
Anons, I'm asking WHY Agility is a party/room-wide move.
Imagine if it worked like that in the main series. Doubles/Triples would be cracked.
>>
>>55867277
Interesting idea but that doesn't explain why they give IQ increases. It doesn't add anything to the PMD setting honestly
>>
I'm tired of pretending pokemon don't eat meat. It's delicious! It's good for you! It's part of the natural order! I LOVE EATING THE FLESH OF OTHER POKEMON!!! ITS YUMMY!!!
>>
>>55867821
A bit radical, but a good point.
>>
>>55867821
There are in-universe explanations for this that aren't just straight up cannibalism
>>
Hello? i was wondering if you guys had a discord or anything like that?
>>
>>55867564
>I'm asking why
oh so you want lore and headcanons, ok so here's mine
I imagine it's more like it boosts the ability of everyone to go fast through shared frequency somehow.
it is a psychic move for some reason so reason it with weird spiritual cope if you feel it works better that way
>>
yes they have discord claimed to be used for streaming games
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>55860520
>Do you think cuisine in the pokemon world would be better than what we have in the human world?
Considering how the games' ""dinners"" consist of mostly just a bunch of fruit/berries or stuff that barely qualifies as dishes, I'd say no.
>>
File: rivalry.png (83 KB, 569x477)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>
>>
>>55867821
There's nothing morally wrong with eating outlaws. If one ever got the chance they'd eat me and everyone I care about.
>>
File: elm.jpg (351 KB, 1079x863)
351 KB
351 KB JPG
Are there pokémon with different religions in PMD world?
>>
>>55868767
kek
>>
>>55868886
I've thought about this a little before. The average Pokemon doesn't have any more proof that Arceus exists than we do that God exists. It would make sense if there were other religions, or at least other interpretations of the cosmology.
>>
File: 1680400756323209.jpg (33 KB, 587x548)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>55868895
>The average Pokemon doesn't have any more proof that Arceus exists than we do that God exists

>tfw there are probably pokémon communities that are the equivalent of reddit atheism
>>
>>55868886
>>55868898
>edgy teen mon that prays to Giratina
>"Shut up, he's real mom!"
>>
>>55868886
I like to think various legendaries have different groups that call out to them.

Assume each legendary group from each gen is treated as a pantheon or a being to be cautious of and it probably works.

We have literal biblical godmon, we have norse godmon, we got elemental godmon, we got horse godmon, we got yin and yang/taoism...

I like to imagine there's multiple groups but there isn't any "THE CHURCH" tier entity. A lot of Arceus/Sinnoh worship stuff is ancient ruins which may imply there WAS once major worship but it fell apart due to one reason or another.

I think it comes down to the individual Pokemon if they assume legendaries are infallible beings that are meant to keep thier world in order and protect them, or they're tyrants to be beaten and challenged.
>>
>>55868886
I believe so. I've hinted at my (native) guild character believing in a polytheistic religion from her homeland.
>>
>>55868932
>A kind of primitive nature religion is popular on the Air Continent because of the frequency of natural disasters. Pokemon perform rituals to petition Kyogre for rain, Groudon for sun, and Rayquaza for peace. The legendary birds are seen as harbingers of changing weather conditions.
>The Mist Continent, subdued by the Bittercold, develops a stoic, depressed version of Taoism, built around the idea that even in good there is evil, our greatest hopes are still surrounded by darkness, and that accepting that is the only way to inner peace.
>Many on the Sand Continent believe that their gods, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, are locked in eternal battle, constantly tearing the world asunder. Some also believe that one day a great hero will arise and end their strife once and for all, bringing peace and prosperity to the continent.
>Arceus worship is most popular on the Water Continent because a guy there can call him on his cell phone.
I hope any of this makes sense I never actually played the 3DS games.
>>
>>55869147
what about the grass continent anon
>>
>>55869157
They worship Grass types.
>>
>>55869157
Reddit-tier atheism.
>>
>>55869766
Let's fucking grow
>>
>>55869157
>>55869766
>>55869811
I FUCKING LOVE GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>55869766
>The Cult of Weed
>>
>>55855474
SOULS
OF
THE
SEA
;)
>>
>>55870403
>>55869811
>>55869766
>>55870423
>>
>>55869766
Makes sense, all the best characters are Grass-type
>>
>>55870673
Flying*
>>
File: Spoiler Image (57 KB, 768x768)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>55870673
>>55870403
>>55869811
>>55869766
>>
>>55868895
Arceus, sure. A lot of other legendary pokemon are confirmed to exist though. Ho-oh in rescue team might've even canonically met Spinda. There's at least a unique interaction between them. On top of that, rescue and exploration teams around the world have encountered legendary and mythical pokemon. Even befriended some of them. If these legendary or mythical pokemon told normal people about the existence of Arceus I don't see how the masses wouldn't believe it
>>
File: troping.png (3 KB, 128x128)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>55870804
>>
>>55870791
>Grass/flying CHADs are the best, supreme, patrician characters
You’re right anon, I do agree that Tropius and Cider are the main characters of Clover Guild
>>
File: Spoiler Image (342 KB, 1000x990)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>55870673
>>55870791
>>55870954
>>55871015
>>
How come the cutest guildmons by far are all ground type
>>
>>55871166
>t. ronnie
>>
File: 1656643096890.jpg (37 KB, 607x514)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>55871166
Wooper hard carries, that's why.
>>
>>55870458
>guest artist makes the comic look great

WHEEZE...
>>
stay out of his territory.
>>
>>55871166
Because Cassie is the best guild member and nobody can compete
>>
>>55872434
>Wooper sleeps in a pond
>Chespin has a flowerbed
>Chespin made blankets and pillows out of leaves
Also, who the fuck wants to sleep on rocks or poison ivy?
>>
>>55872457
>rocks
geodude like mons?
>poison ivy
no mame! nidorina, comes to mind
>>
Wouldn't raw cotton make terrible bedding material for several species of pokemon/animal-like creatures because it's nondigestable so if they have to tend to their nest with their mouths like many pokemon would, they risk impaction and suffocating for all of the fibers they can accidentally swallow?

Is Chespin the dumbest nigger that ever nogged?
>>
>>55872524
Sounds comfy af ngl

>>55872434
kek, based art anon!
>>
>>55872559
We have scarves and ribbons.

Shouldn't we have knit pokemon beds by now that'd not make this an issue.
>>
>>55872559
dont be a retard and eat the cotton, how is this hard?
>>
>>55872434
>poison ivy
>salt water
>bristles
Sounds like birdmons are the stupid ones here
>>
>>55872625
Why does it gotta look so delicious tho.
>>
>>55872434
KEK
>>
>>55872559
Loose clumps of cotton aren't a good bedding material for anyone. I imagine they wouldn't stay in place, so you'd push them out of the way and sink to the bottom if you tried sleeping on them, and you'd wake up with cotton strewn everywhere if you move in your sleep.
I know "the beds are just piles of cotton" is an integral part of the Clover canon, but I really think it should've been designed differently. They should at least be contained in a sack, like a mattress.
>>
>>55872623
Ngl, this is what I initially thought when they said cotton beds. Thought everyone just had a big pet bed.
>>
File: does_he_know.png (643 KB, 1280x720)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>55872668
The longer you look, the more you realize "cozy" is just code for lazy.
>>
>>55872559
how much did big hay pay you
>>
>>55872668
I assumed the bedding was contained myself. Raw wouldn't make all that much sense, as you said.
>>
>>55872715
I don't care who Cotton Corp sends.
I'm not sleeping on a bunch of stuffing without a cushion.
>>
>>55872559
because of mons like you shampoo has instructions
>>
File: team fangclaw.png (147 KB, 1550x1550)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
I drew some recent additions to the guild: Team Fangclaw.
I like to imagine Mustel strikes this pose when his magic book records some new info.

>>55852989
>Drawingboard #30 is still not yet completed, but we are so close to completing it—just four more portraits! (https://rentry.org/qme36vnp)
Even closer than that, now: only one portrait to go! Nobody's claimed Squishy/Berry yet, so I hope someone will take care of their art.

>>55855474
Seconding Abridgedstery Dungeon, that one was kino.

>>55856662
Super cute art by Fern-anon! I love how you draw and shade fur.

>>55872434
kek, Chespin will never recover
>>
>>55872908
My idiot sons...
>>
>>55872890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeuuKtfw8dE
>>
>>55869157
It was 3am and I wanted to go to sleep
>The Grass Continent used to have one unified, enormous, Arceus-worshipping religion. As it grew in size, it grew in political strength, which made it a target for secular forces and weak to sectarian conflict. After a series of wars, the unified church was destroyed and it's temples and holy sites were ruined. Dozens of smaller Arceus-worshipping sects cropped up to take its place, and Arceus-worship is still the dominant form of religion on the continent. It does have the highest population of atheists (who blame the wars on religious fervor) and people who pretend to worship Giratina to piss off their parents.
And a real one for the Water Continent
>Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon, obviously, but some Pokemon are born closer to him than others, blessed with supernatural strength. These Pokemon form the great heroes and villains of legends on the Water Continent, which often have some moral or allegorical meaning. Some say that Mew himself will return when the world is in grave danger. Others think that sounds like a pretty stupid plot twist but maybe it makes more sense in context.
>>
>>55872987
I like that idea for the Grass Continent, because it gives a bunch of abandoned former holy sites and church relics to explore in the present, all across the continent.
>>
>>55872442
*Heaviest
>>
>>55873121
Team Crusaders keeps getting requests to find the Holy Grail.
>>
File: tasty.jpg (65 KB, 1400x1000)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>
>>55873998
Imagine the taste
>>
>>55873550
>Tropius standing in the corner
>>
File: holy grail.png (30 KB, 657x1084)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>55873568
>>
>>55874196
Kek
>>
>>55874178
It'll be awkward when they step on a scale and Tropius gets launched into the stratosphere
>>
File: 1715532900835.png (1.1 MB, 1080x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>
>>55875742
I dunno if this is true
>>
>>55875942
It is true. This has been confirmed.
>>
File: 20240512_133911.jpg (99 KB, 1244x1130)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Why do I love PMD so much?
>>
>>55876158
Because partner love is life
>>
>>55871163
Cute...
>>
>>55876158
There's nothing really like PMD. The story is just about making friends and making the world a better place. Kinda rare to see in any modern games
>>
do guildmons copulate with each other or are they all le ebin wholesome and don't rape each other?
>>
>>55876605
The latter, otherwise the guild wouldn't last a week.
>>
>>55876632
no one could even keep it in their pants after """""""""he"""""""""'" arrived
>>
File: 1766_2900e49322c9fd9c.png (61 KB, 700x550)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
>>55876645
I would not be able to resist
>>
>>55876597
Does PMD even count as a modern game? The last entry (excluding remakes) is 10 years old.
It hurts... we need a new game
>>
>>55876605
It's not rape if they're all consenting to it
>>
File: Cancelling pelipper.png (1.2 MB, 1395x3177)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>55860520
Elm's story include a lot of descriptions for meals people have at the Clover Guild, it's cozy to read. And obviously Beast's stories also has a lot of lore on that. Fun stuff

>>55863144
I skimmed that story and the little drawings make me excited to read it. But still gotta read first 4 chapters first soon

>>55865037
kino comic!! I love how you drew their expressions at the end! Who did Ross learn substitution from? I would imagine he was very confused the first time he saw that move...

>>55868767
>>55872434
Sides were in orbit last night reading these lmao

>>55872908
Great drawing mr booker
>I like to imagine Mustel strikes this pose when his magic book records some new info.
I now do too :)
>>
>native
>supports wigglytuff's guild, especially chatot
>likes hay

Cider is literally the Anti-Clover mon.
>>
>>
>>55876779
The fact we got a remake gives some hope.

Some... Hope...

God.
>>
File: 1531805946770.png (59 KB, 236x246)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>have story finished
>not happy with it
>involves a character I regret introducing to begin with

What do I do?
>>
>>55877545
>Who did Ross learn substitution from?
non-canon for now maybe
>>
>>55879119
These games are all best sellers. It's nothing by Pokémon standards, but it's a lot by Spike Chunsoft standards. Unless things go awfully wrong between Spike Chunsoft and TPC/Nintendo (right now they're doing fine, Shiren just released as a temporary Nintendo exclusive as it always has) they'll keep making more PMD.
>>
File: Super release dates.png (10 KB, 355x139)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>>55876779
We're not at the 10th anniversary yet.
But yeah, I sure hope we won't have to wait 14 fucking years for a new game like the Shiren fans.

>>55879133
Ask someone to read everything or parts of it and give feedback. I'm sure there are people who don't mind.
I think I know what character it is
>>
>>55879133
It's binary: either you release it, or you don't.
If you're honestly not happy with the story as it turned out, then don't release it.
>>
File: file.png (248 KB, 480x360)
248 KB
248 KB PNG
>>55879133
Kill that character off offscreen.
>>
>>55879133
Either shelve it and learn from it or ship it.
>>
File: 1564894502513.png (170 KB, 1612x1686)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>55879222
Maybe I just need to add more to this story, flesh it out more, and get more betareaders. I think there's potential, just that it feels a little lacking currently.
>>
File: 2dbcxc.jpg (64 KB, 966x724)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>55879284
>beta readers for fanfiction
Oh my GOD dude you're overthinking it and it's making me CRINGE just DO IT man
>>
How do you get your writing to go fast enough that the words in your head don't outpace it and get all jumbled?

Writing creatively feels like trying to play stenographer for somebody progressively doing more and more cocaine.
>>
>>55879583
That's the fun part.

You don't.

At least, I don't. I'm writing while also suffering various mental issues. If I was doing this professionally I'd have hired an editor and found a good weed dealer by now.
>>
>>55879319
honestly this, there's no need to think that hard about it, just post it or not
>>
>>55879319
eh, i think if people are gonna put the time and effort into writing a story, it's reasonable to have one or two other people give it a read over to catch any glaring mistakes the author might not be able to catch themself
>>
>>55870458
I just finished binging this until the latest page and the story is not that bad aside from one questionable plot point and one of the main characters having poor characterization.
But obviously the art is just hard to look at because how how the artist draws snouts. I'm actually okay with everything else in the art, but that part is just baffling.
It's not even about her being "unskilled", because drawing everyone as if they just got stung by bees has to be a conscious decision rather than just not knowing how to draw snouts.
On a positive note I did notice some minor improvements throughout the pages. An example of this is how almost all of them had at least one panel where a character had a comically giant head, but that stopped happening at some point.
>>
>>55879319
no harm in wanting to be responsible with your creations
>>
Does anybody else enjoy /pmdg/ clover content without participating? I just prefer lurking.
>>
File: 1692115255518205.png (269 KB, 596x522)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>55881776
I lurk and read a few stories and love all the art, but don't write or make anything myself. I kinda want to participate, but my favorites that I'd want to make characters out of are all fully evolved mons and it seems like people generally prefer starters or stage 1s and I don't wanna be cringe
>>
>>55880775
I like how justin (bieber) is literally unkillable
>>
>>55881776
Lurking is best for me
>>
File: dav_profile.png (22 KB, 428x1022)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>55881793
fuck it, go big or go home (to the human world)
>>
File: bee.png (99 KB, 791x568)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>55881793
There's a nice chunk of characters that are evolved, don't stress about that too badly anon.
>>
>>55881793
Fully evolved is perfectly fine, it's only cringe to make a ln isekai'd character that is more powerful than it reasonable. Natives usually get a bit more of a pass for having much more experience battling and being a Pokemon than isekaied humans, but it's best to keep them at a reasonable strength too
>>
>>55881793
Yeah like other anons say i wouldn't worry about fully evolved, as long as you power scale reasonably (ribombee anon's character is a good example of a fully evolved pokemon being weak, though you don't need to go that far).
>>
>>55882106
I feel this applies to me, so moment of clarity here. Error and Turk happened because I was in a bad emotional state when I first joined. If they came off as super powerful and flawless, it was not the intention and I understand any bias. I just felt I poorly introduced their flaws. I'd legit retcon them out of existence if it didn't cause more issues to pretend they don't exist than just sit on them until I feel comfortable working on them again.

Heehoo funny Pokemon escapism writing.
>>
File: extra spicy chicken.jpg (326 KB, 800x800)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>55882053
>>
>>55882235
I thought Error had potential, but I think the last story jumped the shark with all the stuff introduced. Turk always seemed a bit out of place to me though with how fucked up his body was. Hope this doesn't sound too mean.
>>
File: silly beau face.png (7 KB, 505x310)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>55881793
I think that other people have basically said just about it but I'll still say my piece.
It's all bout personality! People frown upon uberpowerful characters, but if you can make them believable people, and give them a solid personality that others can attach to, not only can you make an interesting story and work for it, but you can make people connect with these characters.
Take Team Crusader for example. Each of them brings something to their dynamic that helps raise the other one up, despite Dav being fully evolved, he's still learning how to use his abilities, right now, he's kinda gimped as a real pokemon, but as a character, it's a journey. Beau's much the same way, with the added fears of being looked down by the group, for being a quadreped.
Mako hasn't had his time to shine yet, but I see him as the brains of the group, the one with the most knowledge about the world, focusing on how he connects with the others on that level, taking on a pseudo-guide role in the team.
This gives them time to grow and get their bearings as new pokemon, and sets the stage for larger, more dramatic plans I have for the team in the future!
It's all about how you handle the character, their journey, and their flaws that make them interesting, a fully evolved pokemon opens the doors for interesting stories in that aspect.
I believe in you anon!
>>
>>55882393
I don't think I'm going to ever touch upon either of them in a meaningful way. Everything I can think of to amend them just sounds like I'm trying to make a new character at this point.
>>
error will live on when i inevitably start my zero island arc (if i ever get off my ass and finish my shit)
>>
>>55881776
i lurk in regards to that content yeah but i'm still in the threads
>>55881793
everyone's piled on you to death for it but i think the reason that stage 1s and/or starters are preferred is just popularity but also because pmd itself can actually make them decently interesting in the games to use, since there's no base stats system that makes them shit with no return like the mainline games do, so it's an inherent chance to use mons that aren't otherwise used before, so i'd imagine that's why you see so much of that for picking them in fanfics as well

nothing wrong with picking the traditional fully evolved mons, just matter of the circumstances
>>
>>55881793
eh, I don't think anyone really cares about powerlevelling autism because none of the stories are about that, there's a bunch of unevolved mons to mirror the games where you can actually use shitmons without being fucked, this is the same thing but with writing. Still, there's a lot of evolved mons in clover, especially in wave 4 where we got the race-changing ragetard, a tranny, a literal cripple, almost all of team crusaders and a bunch more. They're all already evolved humons but their stories are more personal rather than power fantasy shonen isekais.
>>
File: Fox_Trap.png (100 KB, 1200x700)
100 KB
100 KB PNG
Foxes luring in their prey
>>
>>55882832
Curious what you mean by that.

I keep waffling between saying I'll continue Error/Turk and ignoring/quitting on them forever. I am not going to be a reliable narrator for my own intentions until I actually post a new story for either of them one day. I still am writing for Mustel and Serpes, though given they're my "do over" over the entire situation.

>>55883783
Wouldn't a grilled cheese sandwich work better.
>>
>>55881776
I want eroge with clover guild mons
>>
>>55884002
make it
>>
>>55884097
I can't. I'm autistic about writing other people's characters.
>>
>>55884118
then it won't happen
>>
>>55884173
maybe it will if anon says which characters he wants the most
>>
>>55884205
Zorua
>>
>>55884209
No. Togetic
>>
>>55884657
>>55884209

It should be one of the characters whose author likely left or isn't coming back so it's extra weird if they return.
>>
>>55884662
>spoiler
Would be pretty based, not gonna lie. If that were me I'd take it as a compliment.
>>
>>55884205
it's not original, but kiyo
>>
>>55882235
You can just write them out of the story instead of retconning them
You may feel better if there’s some in-universe explanation for why they don’t appear anymore
>>
>>55869147
>>55872987
Cool ideas
This is now my headcanon
>>
>>55884097
>>55884662
You should ask the anon before lewding their characters
>>
>>55885886
Are you kidding me? They'll just say no so I dont recommend it
>>
>>55885886
ummmmmmm sweetie you should ask nintendog before using their Pokémon™©® characters
>>
File: 1709763056473054.jpg (241 KB, 1833x1833)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>55884209
i don't understand it
>>
>>55884209
>>55886334
Enough with these tame words. I'm going to need an absolutely tooth rottingly fluffy cuddle puddle with Fern K*yo and Phanpy. They doze through the entire night and make cute sounds in their sleep.
>>
>>55885419
Given the voluntary nature of the collab and its canon, I don't think it's worth it. I also think it'd be more effort to write them out given they're left in positions that are too early in their respective narratives to explain anything without making it more difficult on myself.

I'd rather just leave them in limbo with the potential to come back to it and work on the stuff I think not only fits the tone better but I've been having less of a struggle writing.
>>
>>55886598
C-cute...
>>
File: GNYMPBxW0AAA_x2[1].jpg (37 KB, 508x680)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
contained
>>
>>55887467
>You are NOT allowed to undo the apocalypse!
And that's the plot of Explorers
>>
File: phanpyandhisgf.png (2.1 MB, 1982x1077)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB PNG
Capim Town art!
>>
File: 161_f866fd015bed1d94.png (184 KB, 1043x846)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
>>55888827
>>
>>55888827
>filename
true!
>>
>>55888827
There is not enough art of Capim Town and it's such a unique location. A village built inside tree trunks
>>
File: 520_9a0200f5dcae5f3f.png (3.19 MB, 1728x972)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB PNG
>>55888827
>>55889276
Agreed
>>
>>55889304
>Tactical Linoone Action
>>
>>55887781
Yes. The absolute hubris of you, to take yourself as so important as to undo the march of time and fate. The Explorers crew is lucky that Arceus has not smitten them all.
>>
>>55852989
I'm happy to announce we've completed all the portraits for the anniversary project! Thanks to everyone who participated.
We're in the final stretch now. Just gotta combine the four quadrants into one big image, create and add a logo, and do a final cleanup. Almost there!
>>
>>55889578
What a monumental effort! I wasn't involved, but thank you to everyone who contributed.
>>
File: PMDRTB Rape.png (505 KB, 1271x957)
505 KB
505 KB PNG
Just started a playthrough of Rescue Team Blue. Last time I played this game was almost 15 years ago, and I never finished it because I lost the cartridge.
>>
>>55890086
not the coomerquil...
>>
>>55890086
rape everyone & leave
>>
nice thread dungeonbabs
>>
What if... what if your partner kissed you...
>>
>>55891297
What if... what if your partner kissed me...
>>
>>55891297
I would probably break down, it's been so long since someone's felt that way about me...
>>
File: Linton_StoryLog.png (113 KB, 250x250)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>55891308
what if MY partner kissed YOU
>>
>>55891309
Same, bro...
>>
>>55891297
I would call him a faggot
>>
>>55891297
I would call him a faggot and then kiss him deeper.
>>
Imagine choosing a male partner
>>
thoughts on grass types that aren’t just deerling changint parts of their body with the seasons?
>>
>>55892228
I always liked the idea
And I’m disappointed more Grass-types don’t have fall-themed shinies
>>
>>55892228
Makes sense, honestly.
I agree with the other anon's sentiment that more Grass-types should have fall-themed shinies as well.
>>
>>55892207
Okay.

I cummed.
>>
File: 10018182411121.jpg (129 KB, 1055x757)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>55892239
There is so much good art for autumn grass types but never enough
>>
>>55892228
what if every grass type lost their grass parts during winter......
>>
>>55892735
They turn into their dormant form.

Every pokemon turns into a walnut...
>>
>>55892735
They get itemized
>>
>>55892207
>>
>>55892735
Imagine bald venusaur
>>
File: metal gear linoone.png (3 MB, 1800x1800)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>55883783
kek
Actually great art, looks like you learned new artfag tricks!

>>55886566
>spoiler
BASEDBASEDBASED

>>55889322
!

>>55889578
let's gooo!!!!!!!!!! Hyped to see it posted all assembled up. What do we do with it once assembled? should we feature it in the home page of the booru? Something else?
>>
>>55893525
The final image will be over 8000x8000 pixels. It would be cool to feature it there, but if it's resized to fit on the screen, the portraits will look small and the names will be unreadable. We can definitely try featuring it on the homepage and see how it looks, though. If we don't like it, we can find another spot for it.
>>
>>55889578
Well that took way too fucking long
>>
>>55893746
Better late than never
Lots of group projects fizzle out because people don't do their part, I'm just glad this one is getting finished even if it's a couple months late
>>
>>
File: route_10.png (2.51 MB, 5691x2602)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB PNG
>>55892228
It's a fun idea.
>>
>>55894026
Rare Ciders...
>>
>>55894026
4 hooters...
>>
>>55894026
Every day is leg day for Cider
>>
>it's been almost a year since i wrote anything
augh
>>
File: THE SUN.png (35 KB, 758x424)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>55894571
today is the day anon. you can get back in the saddle, I believe in you :)
>>
File: 20240413_151857.jpg (813 KB, 2894x4093)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>55894571
Sending my energy your way anon, artistic/creative blocks are hard! Remember to have fun, and if it helps, try with small goals, to get the ball rollin ^^
>>
how do people cook in pmdworld
>>
>>55895409
with pots and pans, and what could feasibly be used in a pseudo medieval world.
>>
File: bidoof.jpg (491 KB, 2048x1535)
491 KB
491 KB JPG
>>
>>55895409
Better question: How does Carracosta cook so fucking good?
>>
>>55894026
Those feet are gigantic. I think you should draw them smaller, because they look very disproportionate. The art looks good aside from that, though.
By the way, when you say Cider takes on his autumn form in places where time is messed up, are you thinking that he instantly transforms?
>>
File: PMDRTB Feet.png (403 KB, 1268x952)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
Why does Megnemite level up so slowly in this game? I have a Zigzagoon too, and he levels up much faster.
>>
>>55897103
>he fell for the Magnemite meme
You’re not actually meant to use him, lmao.
>>
>>55897103
Because if Magnemite leveled up faster, he'd get Sonicboom, which is a ranged, never-miss, 55 damage move.
Zigzagoon will actually outdamage the protag despite its shit stats, purely due to raw level.
>>
>>55897175
You’re not? I’ve seen people treat him like an honorary second partner
>>
>>55897258
they are wrong.
>>
You are being watched.
>>
>>55897446
BIG HAY IS WATCHING.
>>
tall
>>
>>55898513
Giving me some Land Before Time vibes.
>>
>>55897258
Hey, don't get me wrong. I love magnemite for the five seconds he's actually important to the story and I always bring him on missions in the early game.

He fucking sucks though
>>
File: 1712929214770688.gif (959 KB, 273x498)
959 KB
959 KB GIF
>>55897258
that's the joke
>>
File: 4investigators.png (1.31 MB, 2048x1423)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB PNG
>>
File: 4investigators_comic.png (3.66 MB, 2048x3430)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
>>
File: GIJ8dPbbMAAmQa9.jpg (236 KB, 2048x2048)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>55899045
i hate persona so much its unreal
>>
>>55899078
Oh, is it based on Persona?
I assumed it was just a bunch of furfag OCs judging by the hideous colors
>>
>>55899094
persona 4 specifically
>>
>>55899045
I envy people that can draw because they have so much power in their hands and do this kind of thing that can be either shit stirring megabait or pure kino
>>
>>55883783
how come Phanpy's mom lets him have two cute girlfriends?
>>
>>55894026
>in order to cope with the cold
Chespin and Cider can become friends by coping together about chillers..
>>
>>55894026
draw him wearing huge jordans like that one among us image
>>
>>55900510
both of the foxgirls(male)
>>
>>55901237
Which way, elephant man?
>>
>>55900425
I hate to be the fag to point it out but I'm gonna do it anyway. Nobody is "incapable of art" and it's not some unique talent only special individuals can utilize. It's a skill that can be learned
>>
File: saitama_pc.png (187 KB, 375x375)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>55901613
Post that sort of thing on /ic/ and watch your social credit plummet.
>>
>>55901772
/ic/ hasn't been a credible source of skill or critique in a seriously very long time.
>>
>>55901373
I'm going right
>>
>>55901841
Yeah. 4chan has ghetto rules. The hood will never be the same hood you grew up in. All the people you loved are gone. All the people that remain don't know you, and they sure as shit don't like you. If you want to get better at art, join an artpile where people take their own growth studiously. I think /i/ has some if you don't mind seeing anime stuff.
>>
>>55900510
Turns out Phanpy is the guild's biggest winner
>>
>>55901613
Artfags don’t want you to know this but art is only PARTLT talent, the actual art process requires a shit ton of time and just a little bit of autism sprinkled in. Anyone can make art good if they spend days upon weeks on the art. The time sink is what discourages, but once you’re past that hurdle it’s really just being able to devote yourself to the art. If you can’t devote yourself, you can’t art.
>>
I have artistic skill.

I also have treatment resistant depression and several health issues.

These have a lot in common and also work against each other aggressively.
>>
>>55902274
Artfags don't want you to know that real art is stored in the mental illness gland.
>>
actually artistic power is stored in the foreskin
>>
File: eat.jpg (21 KB, 240x260)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Post PMD content. Or else I will write a strongly worded letter to the guild master.
>>
What's street food like in Capim Town?
>>
File: 1709166271526689.png (219 KB, 1100x800)
219 KB
219 KB PNG
>>55902639
>>
File: betraying_partner.webm (3.7 MB, 1280x720)
3.7 MB
3.7 MB WEBM
>>55902639
>>
>>55903181
I don't believe him
>>
>>55903181
alright diglett, move your sentry to behind the front door in that case
>>
New thread
>>55904787

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.