[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Ladies and gentleman, the real worst type
>>
normal deserves some interesting gimmicks to offset how it barely interacts with the type chart (and those interactions are mostly not in it's favor - it trades ghost immunity for inability to hit ghost, weakness to fighting, and being not very effective vs rock and steel)
>>
How would you buff it?
>>
>>55854980
It's already pretty strong
>>
File: ohyeah.png (53 KB, 202x245)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>55854980
Fairy immunity
Ghosts and fairies aren't real
>>
>>55855007
I don't think it needs to be buffed either. It's "normal" after all. But OP said it's the "real worst type". So I thought maybe someone would have an idea to improve it.
>>
>>55854937
>normal is bad because it mostly does 1x damage to everything
>dragon is good because it mostly does 1x damage to everything
Which is it?
>>
>>55855030
Dragon has defensive utility. But dragon pokes have much higher BSTs, which inflates perception of the dragon type
>>
>>55855017
This would have been nice in gen 6.. Switch diggersby into clefable, be immune to thunder wave and resistant to moonblast..
>>
>>55854937
and yet dragonite always tera into a normal type rather than a dragon type. Strange isn’t it?
>>
>>55854980
Normal types get a 1.2x boost to all non-STAB moves because they're jack of all trades
>>
>>55854870
>he doesn't play gen1
>>
>>55854870
>inverse battle
Now it's broken.
>>
>>55855057
honestly this would be pretty cool
could be your designated coverage mon, but it can barely switch in to anything to resist to compensate
>>
>>55854980
Its interactions with the type chart don't need a buff as that would undermine the "neutral" aspect of its design, but the Pokemon themselves reek. Their designs from a gameplay perspective are often confused: you see a lot that are just bruisers with good coverage, but their stats consistently come up short and it ends up being more effective to use a more specialized mon. Because they have no resistances bringing them in is high-risk as well, making them just a hassle to use in general... Blissey and Snorlax are consistently good to decent in PvP because they can come in and stay in on stuff. I'm not even talking competitive strictly either, this is as much of a problem in campaign.

Normal-type moves are among the best support options in the game, maybe make those more widely-available to the Normal-type roster? Tidy Up should have gotten a way wider distribution for starters... Fake Out, Heal Bell, Recover clones, Rapid Spin, Super Fang, Extremespeed, Court Change?? You give some of these to like Raticate and he's a lot better off. If you can't overhaul their stats, give them something else to do besides being bricks, and I think buffing their support options is a good start.
>>
>>55855055
Maybe a +2 priority base 80 power move has something to do with it retard
>>
worst type is still bug gentlemens
>>
I mean the knee-jerk reaction to buff normal is to make it immune to sleep since that's the "normal" status effect and all other types are immune to their corresponding status effects. But that would be way too overpowered. Maybe normal types only sleep for one turn?
>>
>>55855433
Normal sleeps 6-8 hours as recommended by leading doctors
>>
>>55855433
>You fool, Normal-types only sleep for one turn... If you somehow don't kill me before I wake up get ready to eat the weakest Body Slam of your life
>>
>>55855241
>Tidy Up should have gotten a way wider distribution
Like Delcatty, who else?
>>
>>55855488
Yeah it's pitch-perfect for Delcatty, but if you don't mind a few stretches:
>Ambipom
>Wigglytuff
>Gumshoos
Natdex
>Lopunny
>Kangaskhan
>Raticate
>Watchog
>Bibarel
>Diggersby
Depending on how hard they base its distribution on lore, some of these obviously may be untenable. Even besides the excellent boost, having a totally unblockable Rapid Spin limited to some otherwise mediocre to downright awful Normal-type Pokemon would be great for the type. If you really like Kangaskhan and really want to use it on a team, yeah it's still Kangaskhan, but if you're even decent there's a good chance it will pull its weight because it has strong utility that you won't find with a mon of another type. Sticky Web had the right idea with this: Ribombee is the best user, but even Kricketune can pull it off
>>
>>55855363
but you said normal le bad
>>
File: IMG_5106.png (64 KB, 500x411)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>55855030
Dragon is excellent defensively, 4 useful resistances (especially Fire and Water) and only 2 real weaknesses (no I don’t count weakness to your own type as a real weakness since it goes both ways unless you’re dragon/steel)
It’s indeed extremely mediocre offensively though. 2 resists, 1 immune, and only being good against yourself? Almost as bad as poison, although still nowhere near as dogshit as normal. There’s definitely a reason nobody runs dragon coverage moves on non dragon mons
>>
>>55854980
Should have kept its gen 1 philosophy, they can learn everything under the sun.
>>
>>55855040
This not to mention before fairy there was no immunity and most dragons have EQ and/or fire moves to hit steel types.

>>55855057
Not a bad idea I also once thought 2x stab for normals would be good but since I've realized that would be too op. Maybe instead add more powerful normal type moves that way you could more precisely control who gets what powerboost.l
>>
>>55855785
Give normals 1.5, give STAB proper 2, give adaptability 2.5. If moves are strong you don't need as much powercreep stat wise because that becomes the new order of things.
>>
>>55854870
>extreme killer Arceus
>>
>>55855433
Sleep is a psychic grass status
>>
>>55854870
it's good defensively
>>
>>55854870
nope still rock
>>
>>55855421
nah rock is
>>
>>55855017
And dragons are?
>>
>>55858105
Rock Ogerpon just won an event, wheres Bug Ogerpon yeah thought so check and mate
>>
>>55855017
Based. Couldn't have thought of a better answer myself.
>>
>>55854870
Its already strongest of early type.
>>
>>55855057
Thats why normal gets better designed more usefull moves
>>
>>55855488
Aagron. It fits its lore

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.