[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Lysandre_Machine.png (366 KB, 527x297)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
Does he ever actually do anything with these frustratingly retarded looking fly robot things and Mega Heracross armband device in any other media outside the game?
>>
it isn’t explained in a single piece of media anywhere. almost like kalos was undercooked dogshit
>inb4 genwar faggotry out of nowhere
not here to make comparisons, just pointing out a fact
>>
>>55854976
Where did you point out the fact?
>>
>>55854979
that lysandre’s stupid robot backpack has 0 explanation or purpose you illiterate fucktard
>>
>>55854946
It's clearly a device to siphon the legendary Pokemon's energy to power the Ultimate Weapon, after you caught the Pokemon and stopped Team Flare from continuing their plan. Lysandre fails to retrieve it, hence him firing it only once in desperation.
>>
>>55854982
It does have an explanation and purpose though.
>>
>>55854990
share with the thread
>>
>>55854996
>>55854989
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>muh final form
It's like GF wanted to take a page from the shonen playbook but couldn't figure out how to actually incorporate it into the game.
>>
>>55854982
The only thing with no explanation or purpose is the original dragon due to be being a rush and unfinished game
>>
>>55855005
>gen 5 out of nowhere
Obsessed
>>
>>55854999
>>55854989
citation needed
>>
File: buggu in anaru.png (429 KB, 531x969)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>55854996
This is the only piece of dialogue that seems to imply that. I guess the idea is the flies latch onto the legendary, suck it's life/death juice and then he injects it into the weapon with the armpiece? That's literally just me making assumptions though, who fucking knows.
>>55855004
If they ever do a remake of these and don't adapt the Ultra version stories, they'll surely let us actually fight this thing...right?
>>
File: IMG_7145.jpg (97 KB, 692x477)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>55855078
>the character doesn’t explicitly exposit what his device is for like an unnatural retard so that means the explanation isn’t there
Maybe one day XY detractors will make themselves not look like massive retards.
>>
>>55855097
>looks stupid
>does nothing
>”b-but it actually has deep lore significance you just have to read between the lines!”
pot calling the kettle black dumb serenafaggot
>>
>>55855106
>game clearly demonstrates that it does do something
>”m-maybe if I say it does nothing I’ll have an argument”
>>
I’m so glad Ghetsis explicitly said “Just so you know, catching it is impossible! My cane emits signals that disrupt the function of all Poké Balls!" Even though he literally has no reason in-universe to tell me this, otherwise my double digit IQ brain would have no clue of inferring what his cane does. Such amazing writing! Unova is the peak!
>>
>>55855112
literally not once does his stupid device actually do anything you actual retard. I’m waiting for proof to the contrary. share with the thread anon
>>
>>55855123
>>55855018
>>
File: rent free.jpg (48 KB, 573x565)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>55855123
>he's still going
>>
>>55855130
Of course I’m obsessed with Unova. It’s the absolute peak, Masuda’s magnum opus.
>>
>>55855130
>gen 5 out of nowhere
It's directly related to the topic tho
>>
>anon 1 asks for evidence that the flies do something
>anon 2 refuses to provide evidence, claiming that because anon 1 can’t prove it does nothing that it must do SOMEthing
>genwar schizos arrive
Sasuga. It couldn’t have ended any other way.
>>
>>55855153
No, what actually happened is that evidence was provided, and then you proceeded to have a meltdown while screeching that it doesn’t count just because Lysandre doesn’t say “My Lysandre Machine I put on is designed to reabsorb the energy of Xerneas so I can put it back into the machine” because you’re a retard who doesn’t understand how dialogue writing works.
>>
>>55855162
you got caught making it up, retard. it’s over
>it’s another “anon thinks everyone making fun of it is the same person” episode
thread was good for a kek tho. GG
>>
>>55855151
>didn't even see the first post
>>
>>55855078
I'm not even the same guy, man, calm down.
>>
>>55855194
Not him either but as an attempted-ly honest bystander, proof was never posted about what the thing does or its purpose.
>>
>>55855112
The devices just hover around, that’s it
>>
File: 1709048843462.png (323 KB, 614x586)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>55855005
>Unprompted Unova take
Utterly mindbroken.
>>
>>55855173
good thing I wasn't replying to that post
>>
>>55855005
The Original Dragon's purpose and explanation is all over Gen 5 you fucking genwar autist. Try actually playing.
>>
Was Lysandre supposed to be a Bug fag at some point?
>>
>>55855224
Then explain how your post is remotely on topic to anything ITT like you claim. We're discussing Lysandre's seemingly useless contraptions. If you can't say if they have a use or not, you are off topic. Pretty simple.
>>
>>55854946
It breaks the game in the TCG (your pic related) to the point where it got banned.
>>55855234
There was that alien theory...
>>
>10 years later still the GOAT villain
How does he do it?
>>
>>55855172
>you got caught making it up
No, what actually happened is that a reference from the game was used and then you started screeching because you can’t mindlessly cry about the game anymore.
>>
>>55855254
>more retarded version of Hitler who's goals don't make sense
??
>>
>>55855263
>reference from the game
Point me to this supposed reference dn explain what it shows the wearable machines being used for. Because this thread is full of fanfic, served with copium about a reason not being needed. I'll wait.
>>
>>55855070
>>55855097
>>55855263
These images prove literally nothing you dumb nigger. By your logic Lysandre could be dressed as a clown and there would be “contextual evidence” for the clown suit letting him harness the ultimate weapon’s energy. Just face it, this thread mogged you.
>>
File: 55555.jpg (97 KB, 589x581)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>55855254
He's just Cyrus without the funny autism memes.
>>
>>55855279
>character says he needs to reabsorb the energy
>comes back with a fancy looking machine that looks like it could be used to reabsorb the energy
>my dumbfuck brain can't put 2 and 2 together unless the character literally explains what his device is for like a retard
>>
File: 212.png (77 KB, 400x240)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>55855316
>character says he needs to reabsorb the energy
With the room dedicated to absorbing its energy we saw it just break out of, yes.
>comes back with a fancy looking machine that looks like it could be used to reabsorb the energy
How does it look like it could reabsorb energy? We have zero clue about its function. It could be a paralysis gun for all we know. There's too much wiggle room. It's obvious you're speculating.
>>
>>55855337
>With the room dedicated to absorbing its energy
No. The room was dedicated to storing the Pokemon.

>How does it look like it could reabsorb energy?
Because they're mechanical devices, that he used while saying that he needs to reabsorb energy.

>It could be a paralysis gun for all we know
No, because the character doesn't say anything about paralysis.
>>
>>55855342
>has tube with energy floating directly away from the dormant pokemon towards the ultimate weapon above ground
>I-IT'S JUST STORAGE LMAO
He was referring to the room, retard.
>because they're mechanical devices
My blender can reabsorb Xerneas/Yveltal's energy?! Show me!!!
>he used them while saying he needs to reabsorb energy
He wants to recapture the pokemon and put it back in the machine it was already hooked up to. You'd know this if you played. His wearables have nothing to do with it.
>the character doesn't say anything about paralysis
He says he needs to recapture it back to the room, so paralysis would help. Again, this is just your logic.
>>
>>55855366
>He was referring to the room,
The room doesn't magically reabsorb the energy. He needs his machine to do that.

>My blender can reabsorb Xerneas/Yveltal's energy?!
He isn't using a blender. Why do you keep making up all these retarded hypotheticals instead of referencing what's actually in the game? Is it because you realized you're a retard who doesn't actually have an argument?

>He wants to recapture the pokemon and put it back in the machine it was already hooked up to.
Putting it back into the machine it was hooked up to doesn't magically put it back into its tree/cocoon form.

>His wearables have nothing to do with it.
Yes they do. Otherwise he wouldn't have his wearables.

>He says he needs to recapture it back to the room
No, he says he needs the energy.
>>
>>55855263
Those screenshots say what his plan is, but nothing about the machine explicitly: "here is what this thing does and how it does it" - or implicitly: "I'll do it with this thing" without elaborating on details. Your headcanon of it sucking energy from the legendary and sending it to the weapon is unsubstantiated, and they already have the pokemon in a machine that's pulsing with energy from the center and sending it upwards clearly showing they're already using it to power the weapon: https://youtu.be/D6vNwJR8Vac Lysandre's shit could be anything from shoulder-mounted laser cannons he used to dig the dormant legendary out, to cameras to record the event, to literally nothing the devs just thought it looked cool and final-boss-like as >>55855004
said.

>>55855097
The concept art isn't translated and it only shows how the physical mechanisms in the armband move with nothing regarding what it does or the rest of the machine, so it's not helping us figure anything out either. I'll give google lense a try but in my experience the concept art notes are for the modelers to understand what they're looking at rather than explain its lore/purpose.
>>
>>55855397
>>55855097
Yeah no, nothing about it's purpose.
>>
>>55855397
>Lysandre's shit could be anything from shoulder-mounted laser cannons
What would he need laser cannons for?
>to cameras to record the event
What would he need cameras for?

Why do you keep ignoring what the game is actually implying through the context and keep bringing up these retarded hypotheticals?
>>
>>55855393
>He needs his machine to do that.
The machine in the room, not whatever he's wearing, yes.
>hypothetical
I'm using your logic to show ho it's stupid. Just because it's a mechanical device doesn't mean shit.
>deflects to reverting its form
So you're alleging THAT'S what the wearable machine does now? Something that was never implied at all? Rather it's mores obvious that if he beats you he gets to beat the legendary, causing it to revert, and then taking it back to the actual machine
>Otherwise he wouldn't have his wearables
What kind of logic is that? You're basically saying "WELL THEY HAD TO DO SOMETHING" so you're attaching a random function onto them when it's never stated or shown. That's what we're debating.
>he says he needs the energy
In order to do that, he needs them back in that room like they were being zapped before. How are the wearables relevant again?
>>55855478
>What would he need laser cannons for?
He says he's gonna battle you so technically it's evenness of a stretch by your shitty logic.
>>
>>55855678
>The machine in the room,
Anon, how exactly do you think he’s going to give energy back to the machine?
>>
>anon still hasn’t proven what the machine actually does
>instead he just makes shit up and doubles down on his autism
this is just getting embarrassing, just admit it’s because that dumb gook masuda thought it looked cool
>>
>>55854946
i think of it more as a sex machine
>>
>>55855478
Bro this is my 3rd post itt, I don't "kept bringing up" anything. Your examples this whole thread are ignoring everything else in the game (a bunch of context) except what Lysandre is wearing (very little context): if the room was just for storing one pokemon until later why would it be so big? Why connect tubes up through the ceiling instead of more closely surrounding the legendary with something stronger to try to contain this extremely powerful entity if it wakes up? Why would the room be moving energy from where the legendary is to up and outside the room if it's not going to the weapon? This facility is underground AND near the weapon, a much larger machine with infrastructure in place like the one the legendary is sitting in would be much more efficient than a little backpack with arms that you'd need to manually operate to take energy and then go dump it in the weapon. The whole game they go on about how much energy this weapon takes and releases and how many pokemon were sacrificed by firing it, and the king long ago hooked the legendary up to it directly like a battery to power it, so wouldn't the logical assumption be that the guy trying to do the same thing would use a similar method just with more modern tech?

The other anon's blender comment was clearly pointing out how irrelevant your only argument is. My comments are examples of stuff it could do with exactly as much reason to believe as yours (none) because all he says is the overall plan not how he's doing it, so we don't know what role his machine plays in him powering and firing the weapon so he can kill everything and make a more beautiful world. Clearly the plan is already in motion as the weapon received enough power to emerge from the ground and start building up a charge, and Lysandre's machine isn't shown to be doing anything so we don't know what it does or why he has it, the scene would make just as much sense (probably more sense) if it wasn't there.
>>
File: Pokemon-Evolutions-3.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>55854946
>Readhead Cyrus
>Edgelord
>Cringelord

The worst villain ever
>>
>>55856122
cyrus is worse
>>
>>55855699
The same way the Legendaries were ALREADY ATTACHED TO THE MACHINE WITH ENERGY FLOWING OUT OF THEM TAKEN BY THE TUBES!
>>55856130
How? At least he doesn't do shit that makes no sense and exists just to exist like Lysandre's gadgets.
>>
>>55856164
>The same way the Legendaries were ALREADY ATTACHED TO THE MACHINE WITH ENERGY FLOWING OUT OF THEM
Anon, how is he going to get the energy back flowing into the machine?

>At least he doesn't do shit that makes no sense
I am le logical man with no emotions
Now excuse me while I hand you a master ball and let you free the lake legendaries for literally no reason
>>
>>55856175
>how is he gonna do the thing he already did with the big machine
>Cyrus's explained choices are somehow worse than Lysandre TELLING YOU to go deeper into his secret HQ where his power source legendaries are for LITERALLY no reason
I wouldn't die on this hill if I were you.
>>
>>55856203
>how is he gonna do the thing he already did with the big machine
How do you think he got the energy into the machine in the first place, anon?

>Cyrus's explained choices are somehow worse
Explaining his retarded choices doesn’t make his choices any less retarded.
>>
File: 1709047480704082.gif (3.67 MB, 480x270)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB GIF
the team admitted they cut a shit ton of text based stuff because "localizers" couldn't translate it fast enough in all the languages because it was the first time they were launching with so many languages at once.

so we probably lost all the context and stuff.

I love Kalos and its potential, but lets not pretend it was fleshed out as well as some other gens only because they tried to be slightly more complex in their genocide where as villains before just wanted to genocide because "fuck you thats why".

But your monthly reminder, Lysandre did nothing wrong.
>>
File: woop.gif (2.07 MB, 640x484)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB GIF
>>55856294
>implying there was anything interesting to actually cut from XY
heh
>>
>>55856175
>Now excuse me while I hand you a master ball and let you free the lake legendaries for literally no reason
Anytime someone brings up Cyrus handing over the master ball as a bad thing its proof that not only are they a speed reader but they also got filtered by a childrens game. Hey retard, lemmie spoonfeed you a little something they presents pretty fucking clearly. Cyrus doesn't think he needs the master ball because he has the fucking red chain, you know the thing that gives you control over the fucking gods of time and space. He thinks won because he made something of legend a reality. Hes that far up his own ass he can only see the end goal and doesn't realize the protagonist is gonna thwart him. Again I'm sorry you got filtered by a fucking childrens game.
>>
>>55856230
>How do you think he got the energy into the machine in the first place
He didn't. We see the machine was sucking energy from their dormant forms. Do you mind actually explaining what you are trying to imply?
>Explaining his retarded choices
makes them not retarded because they have reasoning behind them. Glad you finally understand.
>>
>>55856332
But team Galactic knows how much of a meddler the player character is, why give them even the slightest advantage? And even if he is confident why not keep the Master Ball as a contingency plan? Nobody has used the Red Chains in recent history, how does he know that nothing could go wrong? In fact even if it weren’t for the Lake Trio appearing, Giratina also steps in in Platinum so having the Master Ball for it would’ve been handy. I know he’s arrogant, but this feels more like incompetence
>>
>>55856393
His incompetence came from almost reaching his goal because he was so sure he won. Pretty sure that's a villain trope that's mostly died off nowadays.
>>
>>55856386
>He didn't
But he did. How do you think he got energy into the machine in the first place, anon?

>makes them not retarded because they have reasoning behind them
If the reasoning is retarded, his choices are retarded.

>>55856332
>Cyrus doesn't think he needs the master ball because he has the fucking red chain
Wow anon! You're right! I don't need car insurance because my car is currently fine! You're definitely very smart!
>>
File: 1701180557102480.jpg (248 KB, 1200x1200)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
>>55856472
Glad you admitted it. Next time read slower.
>>
>>55854982
Everything has 0 direct explanation. This is Pokémon, retarded freak.

I will prove it with a simple question: Who is Deoxys?
Or human wise, who is N?
>>
>>55856914
>Or human wise, who is N?
Freak abandoned by his kin and adopted by a loon with plans to rule the world.
>>
>>55856914
Pokemon explains a lot, you just have to play the games and read. Which makes the stuff they don't explain pretty obvious once you pay any attention to them.
>Who is Deoxys?
A virus pokemon from space, it came to Earth on an asteroid that crashed on Birth Island waiting to be awakened by the player pushing it around a bunch, and it changes form to adapt to different situations.
>>
>>55854946
this faggot was a fucking retard easily the lamest villan in the series
>>
>>55855254
fuck no he is the lamest in the entire series he was a fucking retard he deserved his death
>>
>>55855279
>By your logic Lysandre could be dressed as a clown
he may as well be he was that retarded
>>
>>55856294
2 of the most retarded characters fused into 1
>>
>>55856294
yes he did he was the most retarded villain in the series
>>
File: IMG_7153.jpg (23 KB, 301x110)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>55856294
> but lets not pretend it was fleshed out as well as some other gens
Yeah, I loved how much the other gens were fleshed out!

Um….what did these characters do again?
>>
>>55857185
secret post game battles. play the fucking games
>>
File: challenged.jpg (43 KB, 509x612)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>55855254
The only thing sparing Lysandre the shame of being the worst villain in the franchise is Rose being an even more retarded fuckwad than him. Fuck, even Greevil and Evice are better, and they're "surprise" villains.
>>
clearly some kind of stupid sci-fi weapon to fight the dangerous legendary you just released
>inb4 "but it's not stated"
If a guy walks into a bear enclosure holding a gun, do you need him to look at the camera and say "I am going to shoot the bear with this gun" to know what it's for?
>>
For months I've been repeatedly seeing this kind of post/thread expressing the sentiment of everything needing to be directly stated and any inferences, no matter how obvious and logical, as being "headcanon", and I question if it's bait or severe mental retardation
>>
>>55857064
Wrong. Apparently you can't read.
>>
>>55856922
Wrong.
>>
File: lysandrescreenshot.jpg (794 KB, 641x662)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
>>55857146
making a super retard!!!

enjoy beardless lysandre now
>>
>>55856472
>But he did. How do you think he got energy into the machine in the first place, anon?
By sucking it from the dormant form of the legendaries like you see. What are you trying to imply? That it's just to be assumed that any machine that absorbs energy needs ANOTHER machine to give it energy? That's retarded. It IS the energy absorbing machine. Before that, the energy is within the legendary.
>If the reasoning is retarded, his choices are retarded.
Good thing you never showed how his reasoning is retarded.
>equates replacement capture device and another capture device to a car and insurance of the car.
That's different because The red chain is essentially an ultimate capture item. There is literally no point in the Master Ball at that point. Car insurance isn't another vehicle or something. This analogy doesn't even make sense.
>>55857257
>>55857274
Everyone knows what a gun does. Implying some brand new gadget has an obvious function is retarded. Why do they float like flying bugs? What's the point? Why don't we at the least see an animation of it doing the obvious thing to make up for not knowing what it does? We got neither.
>>55857381
How's that wrong?
>>
>>55857385
How is that wrong? All of those things were actually stated anon. Sorry your shitty French Hitler isn't fleshed out.
>>
Why do people bring up Cyrus in these threads
You have to pass over the contexts for both of those games. Cyrus is all about the more abstract concept of the human soul (emotions, mind, willpower). Lysandre comes from France royalty and makes direct references to actual historic events (wars breaking out).
It’s like calling Steven and Cynthia the same character because durr archeology.
>>
>>55857423
See? You miss the fundamental part of his lore and say "he's just a virus", making no sense.

>>55857431
N isn't just someone abandoned. It is 100% wrong

Also hitler loved nonwhites and put only whites inside camps. you should reconsider this assertion. i can assure you theres not a single instance in history where a white male actually wanted to genocide nonwhites or even push them away.
>>
>>55857762
>It’s like calling Steven and Cynthia the same character
They're both Lance clones
>>
>>55857193
The irony of this post is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>55854946
Lysandre's flying robot guns and Lusamine's jellyfish form were intended to be fought directly, but both times it ended up not being allowed. Either because the executives only like battles to be against pokemon, or because they didn't want a battle to be directly against a human since it might be seen as violent.
>inb4 source
Just look at them. That's obviously what happened.
>>
>>55854946
Nothing. Just like most of XY it's a half-baked idea that never got fully realized.
>>
>>55857385
>a literal orphan
>NUH UH HE WASN'T ABANDONED
Okay retard. Excuse me as I not abandon your slow ass.
>>
>>55858412
>I didn’t pay attention to the game so that means it’s half baked
>>
>>55858645
I genuinely feel sorry for you and anyone else who grew up with XY and now feels the need to defend the most mediocre, half-finished game so fervently.
>>
>>55859436
> I genuinely feel sorry for you and anyone else who grew up with XY
I’m fucking 30 years old. I “grew up” with the game when I was already in college.

Maybe that’s why I actually like it, I’m not a dumbfuck zoomer who’s jealous of Kanto existing or thinks the games are magically hard without the exp share or was tricked into thinking gen 5 has good writing.

>the most mediocre, half-finished game
Is that why no one can prove it’s mediocre and half-finished?
>>
>>55859456
That's even sadder anon.
>>
>>55859463
>no argument
See?
>>
>>55859456
NTA but mediocrity is subjective. I don't think XY is half-finished but it does feel like untapped potential in the same vein as Galar and maybe Alola. Not Paldea though, that shit is a straight up doodoo turd sandwich.
>>
>>55854989
>It's clearly a device to siphon the legend- FANFIC SCHIZO HEADCANON
evidence only from in-game dialogue or fuck off
>>
>>55859463
>>55859608
bort reply
>>
>>55857783
>ignoring literal statements in Gen 3 and 5 and pretending his shitty French Hitler was fully fleshed out anywhere near the same degree.
Everything said about N and Deoxys ITT were canonically mentioned. Your fanfic about Lysandre's sex toys is just that: your fanfic.
>>55859479
You had no argument here either>>55859456
All you did was sperg
>>55859622
Exhibit B
Yet you demand others spoon-fed your arguments for you. This whole thread you limboed around to dodge the fact that this bullshit outfit was never used. Just accept your shitty game is full of flaws. it'll liberate you.
>>
common kalosfag L, there was no reason for the thread to last this long.
>>
common kalosfag W, there was no reason for the thread to last this long.
>>
>>55860063
>n-no u!
embarassing. still waiting on that evidence btw, frog.
>>
>>55860066
The evidence has been posted. You screeching about how it doesn't count isn't an argument.
>>
>>55860067
not evidence, nigger. post ingame text explaining their purpose or kill yourself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.