[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3176.jpg (921 KB, 2177x1644)
921 KB
921 KB JPG
My Black 2 team
Progress: Gonna fight Skyla later.
>>
I spent an hour trying to get a female salandit after beating totem Marowak.
Fucking hate myself.
Estoy salado.
>>
>>55856316
>HGSS
- Juvia (f-Croconaw) Lv. 19 Adamant/Torrent
Scratch
Bite
Swords Dance (via Game Corner)
Rage
- Gryphon (m-Togepi) Lv 15 Mild/Serene Grace
Yawn
Charm
Extrasensory
Metronome
- Larxene (f-Flaaffy) Lv 17 Modest/Static
Tackle
Thunderbolt (Game Corner)
Thundershock
Thunder Wave
- Almiraj (m-Nidoran) Lv 12 Brave/Poison Point
Leer
Peck
Focus Energy
Double Kick
About to EV train Nidoran at Azalea Town. When will I get stat-reducing berries?
>>
>>55856388
cool team, weird names. fuscia city has a juggler that trades for them
>>
>>55856591
Eh, but iirc the Mother sometimes call saying she bought some items on the shops and when I get the packages, I get several berries. Did I mistake damage-reducing berries for them?
>>
>>55856729
ye. mom will only send damage reducing berries, not EV reducing berries.
>>
File: 20240508_162433.jpg (1.98 MB, 3927x1725)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
Black 2, beat DOGARS with Felix. in Castelia but only just got Schnappi and Lulu Lemon.
>Felix the Liepard (Adamant, Unburden)
Pursuit / Thief / Cut / Rock Smash
>Lulu the Scraggy (Careful, Moxie)
Rock Smash / Faint Attack / Headbutt / Work Up
>Schnappi the Sandile (Jolly, Intimidate)
Sand Tomb / Thief / Assurance / Torment
>>
>>55856764
Aw, crap.
>Juvia is a Fairy Tail character, her magic allows her to manipulate water and turn her body into water.
>Larxene is a Kingdom Hearts character whose magic allows her to control lightning.
>Almiraj is just a horned rabbit from fantasy stories and also an inspiration behind Nidorans (both genders). Also, a Dragon Quest reference.
>>
>>55856316
I like your team OP, brobat, magneto, and krooks are based
>>
File: redparty.jpg (3.88 MB, 4032x3024)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
>>55856316
My Red party is almost set for Poke Cup. Going to give Dewong my Ice Beam TM since she learns it too late to have it otherwise (Lv. 56). Should I replace Venasaur's Tackle with Mega Drain? The way the team is set up means he won't have Sleep Powder (Lv. 55) which was the final move I was going to him. Mega Drain means he can heal outside of Leech Seed, but he'll be walled by anything that resists Grass. I already gave Body Slam to Electabuzz and I'm not in the mood to farm a third Hyper Beam TM.
>Herb/Venasaur
Tackle
Razor Leaf
Toxic
Leech Seed
>Underminer/Dugtrio
Slash
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Growl (farming coins for a Substitute TM)
>Ohmas/Electabuzz
Thunderpunch
Body Slam
Hyper Beam
Counter
>Aurora/Dewgong
Surf
Aurora Beam
Blizzard
Rest
>Cyrus/Persian
Slash
Bubblebeam
Thunderbolt
Hyper Beam
>Marcel/Mr. Mime
Psychic
Thunder
Seismic Toss
Thunder Wave
>>
>>55857448
It'll be funny if you transfer them to gen 2 and some of them are the wrong gender
haha
>>
>>55857738
Thankfully, I checked their DV's before naming them to prevent that embarrassing mistake from happening.
>>
>>55856316
Finally got around to Gaia. It was so good I played it non-stop the past 3 days. It really does feel like a real game, and it's very polished.
The last update was 6(?) years ago and I'm already fiending for 4.0, peeped Spherical Ice's Twitter though and the screencaps of 4.0 look really cool. I'm glazing but def recommend it to anyone, up there with Unbound and RR for me.

Also "Mienfoo" is actually a Mandibuzz, weird glitch.
>>
Bump
>>
Playing Emerald right now, I got an Anorith, Ponyta, Wobuffet, Grumpig, Graveler(that I am about to evolve into a Golem) and Swinub. I am currently going around Surfing as I just got the TM after beating Norman, and one I'm done with that I am going to use this team to beat what's her face at Fortree.
>>
>>55856388
And today, I got Nidorino to Lv 23 by training only Speed EVs... Getting to face Heracross in Azalea Town is surely strange, on one gameplay I could battle several Heracrosses right in front of the Gym but yesterday I found ZERO with the same approach. Today I tried headbutting the tree next to Kurt's house and there, I found them. So strange...
>>
>>55859593
I just hope I can fight Whitney without reaching Lv 30, I don't want Nidorino to loaf around while Miltank Rollouts my team to no end. 'Sides, what is the earliest point for me to train Sp. Atk EVs?
>>
File: Dead easy.jpg (1.62 MB, 2657x2017)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
Gonna go fight Olivia now.
>>
>>55860440
I won against Whitney and... NANI THE FUCK
Captcha: OKYY
>>
>>55860480
Totem Lurantis fight went well let's just say.
>>
>>55860311
>level 23
>ev training
>afraid of losing to a level 19 pokemon
Bruh
>>
>>55859593
>>55860311
You know if you are going to EV train your Pokémon, why not just use items?
X items are available right before her gym.
>>
>>55860311
>level THIRTY (30) by whitney
grinding on fucking what? level 10 drowzees?
Also, pokemon with your own OT don't fuck around, only traded mons disobey based on badges
>>
File: pokemoncrystaloddeggteam2.png (2.76 MB, 1790x1194)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB PNG
>>55856316
Odd Egg shiny team, going to fight Claire next session. I really like Magmar's shiny in gen 2, it's like a really nice dragon fruit pink.
I've also been playing Silver using the Transfer Pak, will share that team sometime later if the thread is still up.

>>55856316
Very solid B2W2 team. Love to see Leavanny and Krookodile, they're both some of my gf's favorites.
>>55857448
Love to see a fellow Transfer Pak player! The vibes of playing Gen 1/2 with the N64 resolution is unmatched. Extremely based team too, love seeing some of these underrated pokemon, especially Mr. Mime. I used Persian in a Blue playthru recent and it had that exact same moveset hah.
>>55860440
You got absolutely demolished dude, hope things better from here.
>>
HGSS playthrough Kanto team. T-tar was an imported starter (along with Toxicroak, not pictured) we struggled along the way to get him up to full power.
>>
File: IMG_0868.jpg (3.96 MB, 4032x3024)
3.96 MB
3.96 MB JPG
>>55862705
Forgot pic
>>
>>55856316
Bump because I love seeing the differejt styles of play
>>
>>55862498
Things did not get better from there. Trying to evolve magby into Magmar for the bellhop sidequest means I dumped too much exp into it so I'm stuck using level 24s vs Olivia's level 27-28 pokemon.
This may take a while.
>>
>>55861428
Heracross is a wonderful pool of EXP, folks. Even at Lv. 3, it gives near 100 EXP and if you're EV training w/ Macho Brace, 4 Attack EVs. Azalea Town is actually a goldmine for those with physical sweepers on the team.
>>
>>55860766
I read a creepypasta about losing to her... if you lose, she'll order her Pokémon to rule 63 you.
>>
>>55856316
>Samurott
Based
>Leavanny
Based
>Krookodile
BASED
>Crobat
BASADO
>Lopunny
Oh no no no... it was going so well...
>>
File: pokemonsilvern64team.png (3.84 MB, 1790x1194)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB PNG
>>55856316
Same anon with the Odd Egg team, here's my Silver team so far. This is my second run playing using the Transfer Pak and it's very fun. I don't have my final team member yet so I just shared my Pokedex progress because I'm also catching as many pokemon as I can. The plan is to build a team to really use in Stadium 2.

>>55862715
Using a pseudo legendary as a start must be tough, though ig Larvitar is one of the better ones to use, especially since rock is so good in Johto.
>>55864342
Bruh you need to get some grinding in dude. Lush Jungle and the route before it are good areas since they have Trumbeaks and single stage mons that give good exp.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (2.63 MB, 1919x1079)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
>>55856316
Scarlet. Pikachu and Fuecoco level 15. I'm looking for a Wattrel at the moment
>>
>>55860774
Better save them for
>>
>>55865481
After grinding to finally evolve magmar, I hate the idea of doing to overcome challenge in this game. Just boring.
>>
File: 1938828823.jpg (321 KB, 1027x754)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
>>55856316
>>
My current Radical Red team.

-Mudkipz (Swampert)
Toxic
Ice Punch
Liquidation
Earthquake
Ability: Damp

-Lilith (Gardevoir)
Dream Eater
Hypnosis
Moonblast
Psychic Noise
Ability: Synchronize

-Akuma (Annihilape)
Drain Punch
Rage Fist
Power-Up Punch
Pursuit
Ability: Defiant

-Squitter (Galvantula)
Bug Buzz
Thunder Cage
Sticky Web
Thunder Wave
Ability: Compound Eyes

-Kiryu (Archaludon)
Flash Cannon
Iron Defense
Body Press
Dragon Claw
Ability: Bad Company

-Spamton (Porygon-Z)
Recover
Tri Attack
Discharge
Dark Pulse
Ability: Adaptability

Rematching the gym leaders before Koga, I haven't beaten any of them yet except Misty.
>>
>>55868866
Such faggy nicknames, as expected of a radical reddit player
>>
doing a shitmon playthrough of Gold, learning that lv 34 is too low for the e4 when your team is:
>togetic
>jumpluff
>ariados
>mantine
>stantler
>primeape
kinda wild how bad some of these move pools are.
think I should be able to beat the E4 without too much grinding, made it to Lance my first attempt
>>
>>55865886
Too early to really say anything about your team, any pokemon you're planning on using?
>>55866929
Most important question, who are you evolving Poliwhirl into?
>>55868866
Spamton is a surprisingly good name for Porygon-Z
>>55869517
Ultra based team, I did a Crystal shitmon nuzlocke a while ago and it was really fun. Here's the team I ended with for the Red fight, I allowed myself to use either Wigglytuff or Pikachu (no Raichu but with the Light Ball) and got incredibly lucky hatching a shiny Pichu on the second egg.
Tho from personally using it, I wouldn't count Jumpluff as a shitmon, at least in gen 2, because Sleep Powder + Leech Seed is so strong. What are the movesets for them all?
>>
>>55869429
That was kind of the point. I wanted to go for something evocative of 2000s Pokémon letsplays if that makes sense. Something that encapsulates the spirit of the Internet during that time, edgy, cringe, yet soulful at the same time. At least, that was the intention.
>>
>>55864793
>Oh no no no
That's funny, you reacting to a Lopunny, when one of Goldenrod Gym trainers say this when she loses
>>
>>55869936
yeah you're right about jumpluff, he's carrying pretty hard
still fighting the E4, moves are:
Skitter (Ariados) lv35
>Poison Sting
>Dig
>Night Shade
>Leech Life
Quito (Jumpluff) lv40
>Sleep Powder
>HP Dark
>Leech Life
>Headbutt
Noodle (Primeape) lv35
>Karate Chop
>Low Kick
>Focus Energy
>Strength
Regent (Stantler) lv36
>Hypnosis
>Earthquake
>Thief
>Headbutt
Pixis (Togetic) lv39
>Headbutt
>Fly
>Fire Blast
>Shadow Ball
Leviathan (Mantine)
>Surf
>Icy Wind
>Headbutt
>Waterfall
>>
>>55870717
Not bad but I definitely got some recommendations, biggest being to give Ariados Sludge Bomb. Assuming you haven't used it already, you can get it from the gate attendant on Route 43. It becomes available after the Rocket Hideout stuff.
Also you should give Primeape an elemental punch move. It's special attack is low but honestly not that terrible for gen 2 standards, so either Thunder Punch for electric coverage or Ice Punch as an extra means into Lance.
Also, if you're willing to grind coins for it, get Blizzard on Mantine.
>>
>>55870865
oh shit I fully forgot about sludge bomb
>>
>>55871032
I don't blame you, it's super missable. Especially in gen 3 where you have to backtrack to Dewford Town after beating Norman and talk to a specific npc in a house. Anyways good luck on the Elite Four!
>>
File: PUB After Gym 6.png (40 KB, 1474x972)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
Pokemon Unbound After Gym 6
Fuck Shadow Warriors
Alove's Klefki can suck my dick too
>>55856316
I'm sure Leafy is proud in the effort you put in her name.
>>55856795
Based starter hater
>>55866457
Because you get giant amounts of cash by the time you finish the main game?
>>55868866
Lilith would have been more suiting in Gardevoir was male.
>>
>>55872303
if Gardevoir was male*
>>
>>55872331
How so?
>>
>>55873836
Many transwomen, peace be upon them, name themselves Lilith.
>>
bump
>>
File: 20240512_100229.jpg (1.57 MB, 3525x1501)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB JPG
>>55856795
Bumping with a progress report. Beat Burgh thanks to Lulu learning Payback and was able to pick up Wilma the Timid Mandibuzz on route 4.
>>
File: 1585177405301.jpg (49 KB, 720x960)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Recently decided to play through every mainline game just for the joy of making different teams and going through the motions.
Started with Red
Venusaur
The Bulbasaur line has been my favorite since I was a kid but I'd never tried the Toxic/Seeds glitch before. Shits bonkers
Raticate
I absolutely love catching an early game chump and raising him up to eventually powerhouses. Wound up being amazing, very much a speedy glass cannon who shredded elite four mons
Gyarados
As a kid I only had a Gyarados as a kid was when I abused the item duplication missingno glitch to make infinite rare candies so this was my first time using one legit. Unsurprisingly powerful
Golem
Always liked Geodude as a kid watching the anime, Golem is surprisingly good even in gen 1. Actually has a move set worth mentioning
Flarion
Never used an eveelution before, went with Flarion because of all the memes saying he sucked and boy were they right. Actual trash mon. Cute tho
Dodrio
Needed a flyer and I'd never used him before, cool mon had fun with him
>>
File: 19.png (873 KB, 1466x1068)
873 KB
873 KB PNG
Playing some Pokemon Black, when I'm done I'm gonna play Black 2, then X, etc etc
I wanna have a full dual type team but Lilligant was too fun to use, I've just picked up Druddigon for now.
Happy for any recommendations too
>>
>>55874413
Obsessed.
>>
>>55877519
>Scolipede
>Scrafty
>Galvantula
Only dualtypes that don't share the rest of the team's types.

If you plan to replace Lilligant these are your dual type Grass replacements:
>Leavanny
>Sawsbuck
>Amoongus
>>
File: 1639787567027.png (59 KB, 650x650)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>55877103
Next up was Blue version

Blastoise
I go with my Bulba boy almost every time so it was a real treat to go with one of the other Kanto starters, and Squirtle is a damn good lad. Blastoise is the absolute rule of cool with those fucking canons

Nidoking
no Venu means I can try out a different poison type, had a friend as a kid that had a Nidoking and I always wanted one so finally getting around to using one was awesome

Fearow
filling out my favorite role of the early game weakling. I actually kinda dig Spearow's design, just a scrappy little guy

Machamp
garbage. don't bother with him in gen 1 his moveset is dogshit, Machamps such a fan favorite so it was pretty dissapoiting. I'll have to try him again in some future run in a later gen, maybe the remakes or lets go games

Hypno
picked up a Drowzee on a whim, don't think I've ever even heard of any of my buddies ever doing a run with a Hypno. Absolute MVP my god this guys fucking great. Gen 1psychic types are retardedly strong but Hypno's got just enough physical power to to be able to throw a half decent punch making him the anti-psychic psychic type. he's got enough special bulk to easily handle any attack Alakazam tries to throw at him and then he can just drop Ala with a Mega punch. wasn't expecting much and I walked away with a new favorite

Parasect
no Venu means I can try a new grass type and I always loved the looks of these guys. not great honestly, funky little guy and I enjoyed doing a run with him but other than Spore he really doesn't have much to get excieted about
>>
>>55877876
Hmm I might go Scrafty and Sawsbuck, I've never used either of em before, thanks
>>
File: teem.png (19 KB, 522x390)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
Playing Sacred Gold and just beat Jasmine (barely)
Don't know who to use as an HM slave since I need Wingull for Fly
>>
>>55877103
>>55877892
Neat teams, guessing you're working on Yellow right now. You should share all of their movesets too. Nice to see some weaker mons being used like Raticate, Flareon, and Parasect.
Flareon is so unfortunate in the earlier gens, however it's definitely at is best in gen 2 since you can get the Fire Blast tm very early if you grind for coins. Used it in a Crystal run a lil while back with Iron Tail and Shadow Ball and it did a lot of work.
>>55877519
Your team is really solid as is, but anon's suggestions are pretty good so I'd go for those.
>>
>>55878683
How's sacred gold working out for you?
>>
File: 8384873.jpg (331 KB, 917x708)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>55869936
>Most important question, who are you evolving Poliwhirl into?
Poliwrath ;)
>>
File: FFo7MwpVkAI85RU.jpg (46 KB, 498x460)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>55880153
Nice, I actually don't mind either evolution :]
How's the playthru been? What's their movesets?
>>
File: pokemoncrystaloddeggteam3.png (2.52 MB, 1790x1194)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
>>55862498
Lil update on the Odd Egg team, beat the Elite Four and have continued onto Kanto. Not much will change with their movesets, but I will give Hitmontop Curse and Toxic.
>>
>>55878983
Oh no I'm currently at Ruby just wasn't sure if I'd keep posting them or if it was just annoying people. I'll post a couple other teams when I get time, if the thread is still here ina couple hours. Hadn't even considered using Flareon again but clearly I should have cuz that sounds great
>>
>>55880614
Maybe post them every couple of hours to bump the thread, but I'd like to see em! And yeah some pokemon are just better in certain generations than others. As with Machamp, most fighting types sucked before gen 3 because they had no good moves or fighting TMs to learn.
>>
>>55879962
Enjoying it, Drayano made some good adjustments like Team Rocket being in the Safari Zone before the Olivine Gym to make the level curve better and so that you can't really cheese Johto with just your fire starter+ampharos, which is the biggest problem of the region in my opinion
>>
>>55872303
>Because you get giant amounts of cash by the time you finish the main game?
Cuz he's overleveled and if you have a pseudo, levelling up to the challenge becomes a hassle. So EV training plus Battle Items may be of help.
>>
>>55881581
Well perhaps, I mean I used the Delcatty strategy, but I can see EV training making a difference if you are playing normally.
>>
File: IMG_3742.jpg (1.03 MB, 2757x2164)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>55856316
first time playing USUM. ngl team feels kind of mid, but I'm too attached to replace anybody now so I'll ride it out
>>
File: 1712897713814694.png (1.04 MB, 1280x720)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>55877892
Yellow version, first time I've replayed this one since it released and I figured if I was gonna play it I'd embrace the whole gimmick (pikachu and the 3 starters)

Pikachu
I honestly kinda hate getting a starter that can evolve but isn't allowed to, personal gripe but whatever. Basically just electric Raticate, super fast glass canon

Venusaur
My favorite boy back at it again

Blastoise
The king is back in town

Charizard
There's a reason he's the most popular, this is what childhood dreams are made of, Anime Protagonist Dragon. Was a delight using him. (I remember charmeleoj being way more annoying as a kid, not listening to orders but it hardly ever came up)

Primape
Caught him to help with Brock and decided to take him all the way. Couple moves got reclassed as fighting attacks which made him way more reliable than Machamp

Butter free
Filling out my favorite role, beyond fragile but with psychic attacks he did a very respectful job even on such a overly powerteam
>>
>>55878983
I can look up their movesets when I get home, don't remember em off the top of me head
>>
File: Team.jpg (135 KB, 720x809)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>
>>55881946
Using the starter pack and didn’t leave Bulbasaur and Squirtle unevolved? Soulless. Seriously though solid team.
>>
>>55882605
For the truly authentic experience I should have released my Primape and Butterfree as well?
>>
File: images-1.jpg (52 KB, 575x534)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>55881946
Gold

Typhlosion
Pure nostalgia going through the game again with Cyndaquil, might be my favorite fire starter of all time or at least the one I have the most blind nostalgia for

Crobat
Gen 2 tradition, the moment I get pokeballs I go into that one cave and catch a level 2 Zubat. Absolute labor of love because I love this guy

Her across
My one friends favorite mon but my first time using him, only ok up until he got Megahorn and then he was phenomenal

Ampharos
My other friends favorite, just a little cutie and a real solid mon. I went from being neutral on the line to being very fond of the electric sheeps

Seaking
Caught purely for waterfall, had never used a Goldeen before and wasn't expecting much, wound up being a surprise MVP. Just really reliable the entire way through

Umbreon
My second ever eveelution, didn't care which one he evolved into figured I'd just let the friendship mechanic take its course. Wound up being incredibly impressed by this guys bulk, easily my favorite evee evolution now
>>
>>55856316
HG
>Feraligatr
>Slugma
>Misdreavus
>Pineco (delaying evo until Gyro Ball)
>Farfetch'd
>6th slot still open, drawing a blank on who to put
all of them are absolute dogshit, i love them
>>
File: 1645547209355.png (2.35 MB, 1080x1080)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>55877103
looks like I misremembered my Red/Blue teams or more accurately I mixed em up a little so here's the actual Red team

Venusaur
-Razor Leaf
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Mega Drain

Gyarados
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Rage
-Hydro Pump

Golem
-Dig
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Strength

Flarion
-Ember
-Sand-Attack
-Swift
-Fire Spin

Fearow
-Sky Attack
-Drill Peck
-Fly
-Agility

Hypno
-Headbutt
-Hypnosis
-Psychic
-Confusion
>>
>>55877892
and the actual Blue team

Blastoise
-Ice Beam
-Bite
-Skull Bash
-Surf

Machamp
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Strength
-Fire Blast (for some reason)

Raticate
-Super Fang
-Blizzard
-Thunderbolt
-Hyper Fang

Dodrio
-Drill Peck
-Fly
-Tri Attack
-Double-Edge

Parasect
-Slash
-Spore
-Solarbeam
-Mega Drain

Nidoking
-Horn Attack
-Surf
-Toxic
-Earth Quake
>>
>>55882660
Yes. Run through the elite 4 with Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Charizard, Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
>>
>>55883078
>Run through the elite 4
not authentic to the show, I'd have to lose to someone before the E4 and then go on to Johto
>>
>>55883008
Incredibly based team. I think that's a solid 6/6, would run myself
>>
>>55856316
Your team is too functional. Get rid of Leavanny for Maractus, Crookodile fo Gigalith, Crobat for Muk, and Magnezone for Klang.
>>
>>55883568
No
>>
>>55883603
Normie.
>>
>>55883608
K
>>
>>55856316
Is this a pokemon knockoff?
>>
>>55881655
Very solid team ngl, don't think there's anything mid about it.
>>55881946
This is pretty much the standard Yellow team, and there's nothing bad about it. Very solid, even Butterfree is pretty damn great in gen 1 as a pseudo psychic type with reliable sleeping.
>>55882441
Very cool oddball picks like Pinsir and Electrode, I'm guessing your delaying Meowth's evolution by a ton for earlier Slash?
>>55882717
Typhlosion is my go-to Johto starter too, I love his gen 2 sprites as well. Heracross is super cool too but it's just so unforunate he gets no good fighting moves and gets Megahorn so late. I've never used a Seaking before tho, I always felt like it was the most mid water type, but I plan to eventually. Maybe in gen 4 or onward where it naturally learns Poison Jab and Megahorn.
>>55882744
Always love seeing shitmons and odd pokemon being used. You could complete the grass/fire/water core with maybe Sunflora or Tangela/Tangrowth. If not, then maybe a funny normal type like Aipom/Ambipom or Lickitung/Lickilicky.
>>55882993
>>55883008
Thanks for sharing the movesets, I'm surprised to see you didn't give Flareon Fire Blast, no wonder it sucked. A little disappointed to not see Dream Eater on Hypno, but cool teams nonetheless.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (133 KB, 800x1143)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>55883835
can't think of a single reason why I didn't give Flarion Fire Blast or Dream Eater to Hyno. not a goddamn clue. but I played those files a good long while ago at this point so ...?
>>
File: 82uqoGp3tJWd.jpg (35 KB, 373x521)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>55883960
Fair enough, and hey as you keep playing you get better are making movesets. Plus the TM for Dream Eater is easily missable so I imagine you probably just forgot it.
>>
>>55882717
Silver
Sent myself some eggs from my gold file so I got to start the run with a Dratini, Houndour and Igglybuff

Feraligatr
did you know he can't learn Waterfall in the origional Gold/Silver? and you need Waterfall to get into victory road? fucking makes me mad I'll tell you what but Feraligatr's still the fucking coolest and I love him dearly

Houndoom
extreamly fucking cool mon and one of the first ones to really catch me off guard as a kid, he just felt kinda evil and I was shocked they put something like him into this kids game

Wigglytuff
I have never used a Jigglypuff outside of Smsh Bros. but I was playing a lot of Unite at the time so I wanted to give her a shot. Honestly very good

Dragonite
Dratini struggles a bit at the begining but Dragonair/Dragnite are fucking excellent, not all that surprising I guess. Wouldn't recomend going the entire game without fly because ur waiting for ur Dragonair to evolve tho

Steelix
I was a Brock fan as a kid so I'd always wanted to use an Onix and I finally did! Steelix is fucking awesome

Victoreebell
just thought it was funny to go through Bellsprout tower with a Bellsprout and he wound up being a relaible mon through and through
>>
File: 1637682027140.jpg (243 KB, 1400x1400)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
>>55883835
I'm unironically a Seaking fan now after that run
>>
>>55883835
>Very solid team ngl, don't think there's anything mid about it
yeah you're right. I was feeling like my team was squishy but it might just be because I'm not using exp share, also like 5/6 have a -def nature lol.
also ninetales and palossand only just evolved, that should help having some bulkier mons now
>>
>>55884007
Very cool idea trading eggs over to a new file, especially for Johto where so many pokemon are post game only. I need to do a playthru using Houndoom in Johto someday, such an amazing pokemon and is a crime that it isn't catchable in ANY Johto game until Kanto.
>>55884048
I never seen that dex entry but that's hilarious, even tho I never used one I can totally get the love for underrated pokemon. Personally I love Ledian despite it genuinely being one of the worst fully evolved pokemon. I'm using one rn in my Silver team that I shared here.
>>55884059
I'd say that fraility only adds to the team's personality, keep on using em if you like them. Good luck on Ultra Necrozma btw
>>
>>55884075
>such an amazing pokemon and is a crime that it isn't catchable in ANY Johto game until Kanto.
I grew up as a gen wunner and gen 2 came out at exactly the right age for me to think it was simply the great thing to ever happen, the coolest and best sequel of all time
...don't get me wrong I still have that nostalgia and I still love the gen 2 games but so many of the decisions that went into this game are utterly fucking baffling
>>
>>55884075
I noticed the Ledian earlier and I was wondering if it was perhaps better than I'd believed all these years...
But being a favorite beats out any stats
>>
>>55881655
Nothing there looks particularly bad. I know pallossand takes a while to get going tbough.
>>
File: IMG_3630.jpg (933 KB, 2530x1783)
933 KB
933 KB JPG
>>55884285
yeah I think I was underrating them, I was just lagging behind a bit without the xp share. it feels a lot better now that everyone's fully evolved.
also doesn't help that I came off a platinum run with a pretty stacked team. just took me time to adjust
>>
>>55883985
I remember why I didn't teach Flarion Fire blast, that move only has 5 pp and I felt nervous about running out of pp halfway through the E4
>>
>>55883835
Im not evolving meowth at all, persian sucks, giovanni asskissing piece of shit
>>
>>55881642
Oh boy, HOW IT DOES. This vid is my inspiration for my challenge run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNmeCY6QD-s
>>
File: MSTEAM.jpg (436 KB, 1080x711)
436 KB
436 KB JPG
>>55856316
Moon Silver. About to take on Team Rocket
>>
File: team2.jpg (363 KB, 1576x630)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
Playing Unbound on Difficult, just finished the 7th gym and about to go up Crystal Peak after trashing my rival outside. Not a set team or anything, I have a full box of niggas I keep leveled and substitute as needed. Having a lot of fun so far, never used an Azumarill before and was surprised that it basically became my ace
>>
>>55884703
>The Amulet Coin doesn't work like Light Ball when held by a Meowth
Missed opportunity
>>
>>55881946
Pikachu
-Thunder
-Mega Kick
-Thunderbolt
-Double Team

Butterfree
-Psybeam
-Swift
-Sleep Powder
-Psychic

Venusaur
-Razor Leaf
-Toxic
-Leech Seeds
-Body Slam

Primape
-Low Kick
-Strength
-Thunder
-Rock Slide

Charizard
-Ember
-Dig
-Fly
-Slash

Blastoise
-Double-Edge
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Bubblebeam
>>
File: 1637708700791.png (203 KB, 450x312)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>55882717
Typhlosion
-Headbutt
-Flame Wheel
-Flamethrower
-Iron Tail

Seaking
-Icy Wind
-Surf
-Waterfall
-Horn Drill

Crobat
-Bite
-Confuse Ray
-Fly
-Toxic

Umbreon
-Bite
-Shadow Ball
-Moonlight
-Psychic

Ampharos
-Thundershock
-Zap Cannon
-Thunder
-Flash

Heracross
-Megahorn
-Strength
-Reversal
-Fury Cutter
>>
>>55880400
Politoed suck ass! Also first time playing Sun&Moon, I don't know jackshit about it.
Vulpix/Ninetales
>Dazzling Gleam / Headbutt / Ice Beam / Aurora Beam
Poliwrath
>Scald / Water Gun / Dynamic Punch / Bubble Beam
Crobat
>Cross Poison / Wing Attack / Poison Fang / Bite
Pikachu
>Pound / Volt Tackle / Electro Ball / Spark
Dartrix
>Pluck / Leafage / Razor Leaf / Peck
Marowak
>Tackle / Headbutt / Bone Club / Boomerang
>>
>>55884007
Crystal

Meganium
Man gen 2 is not kind to pure grass types but at least the girl is bulky

Murkrow
Like with my previous file I sent over an egg, just the one this time. My little bird is very fast but not much else

Lanturn
Good fish, fine typing, lots of bulk

Donphan
Crystal let's you catch an early Phanpy so I got to raise a Donphan! Big fan of this little armored elephant

Arbok
One of those mons that had been on my bucket list forever, I'm fond of him but he was only ok

Tauros
Hell fucking yeah, the big bull is good as shit, kinda shocked how easily he crushed Red's Snorlax
>>
>all these autists actually using their starters
soulless
>>
File: 1697744562844172.jpg (12 KB, 160x144)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>Wigglytuff
>Cubone
>Golbat
>Magnemite
>Croconaw
>>
>some anti-starter autist has to let everyone know he's upset
>>
File: PUB I Win on Difficult.png (17 KB, 1474x980)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Just finished Pokemon Unbound
The wiki and NPCS said that some of the battles of the elite four were double battles, but literally none of them were.
I was kind of excited, but them being all singles made the Pokemon league unnoteworthy for romhack standards. I'm sure they do have double battles on the two higher difficulties, but I do not think my team is strong enough for the those modes.
>>55880582
You are probably the guy that keeps asking GF to give Jynx a new evolution
>>55885655
Azumarill was pretty good in gen 6
>>55884703
N-NO! PERSIAN IS BASED! PERSIAN IS BASED!
>>55887605
>>55887866
Alot of starters make for great HM slaves though.
>>
>>55884007
Feraligatr
-Surf
-Ice Punch
-Bite
-Hudro Pump

Wigglytuff
-Stregth
-Body Slam
-Double-Edge
-Flash

Dragonite
-Swift
-Safeguard
-Outrage
-Fly

Houndoom
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Faint Attack
-Crunch

Steelix
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail
-Crunch
-Sandstorm

Victreebel
-Razor Leaf
-Sludge Bomb
-Cut
-Giga Drain
>>
>>55884124
Don't get me wrong Ledian is utter butt butter, but he's def at his best in gen 2 since you get early access to elemental punches and support with dual screens. Even in later gens he does get good support moves.
>>55884371
That is a very staked team, nice to see a Honchkrow in a Platinum run. I wish they didn't cut pokemon in the third versions, I feel like the whole point of them should be being the true definitive version with no version differences, but oh well.
>>55884404
I mean you could use Ethers but maybe you had already used them all?
>>55884703
You know what I can respect that, using an unevolved pokemon is a big flex. I wanna use a Snorunt sometime cuz I love the lil guy so much but am not a big fan of Glalie. Froslass is cool tho.
>>55885723
That is such a smart idea, and that would have made G-Max Meowth better as a money farm too.
>>55885861
>>55886114
>>55887569
>>55888505
Thanks again for sharing the movesets. The only thing I can't get behind is some of your pokemon having 3 of the same type of move. But it's nothing that important at the end of the day, infact it makes me smile seeing Ampharos with 3 electric moves. Also incredibly based using Murkrow, love that smug lil guy.
>>55886640
Be nice to the toed :[ tho I use Poliwrath more anyways for the extra coverage.
>>55888035
>You are probably the guy that keeps asking GF to give Jynx a new evolution
Naw, not that much into Jynx to want that. Now Mega Mr. Mime? Now we're talkin!
>>
Beat that cheeky cunt Red with the power of money
I have not actually done the Kanto section of HGSS since my original playthrough in 2009. Best Kanto has looked in my opinion.

>>55888035
>The wiki and NPCS said that some of the battles of the elite four were double battles, but literally none of them were.
Is it possible doubles was simply restricted due to only having one pokemon in your party?
>>
>>55890141
>Is it possible doubles was simply restricted due to only having one pokemon in your party?
Well out of curiosity I tried re challenging one of the members of the Pokemon league with both 1 and 6 Pokemon on expert. And you were right, it does disable double battles if you only have one Pokemon!
Now that I know that, I might try doing the Pokemon league on expert, Insane should still realistically impossible for a single Delcatty.
>>
On mount Hakulani, before Sophocles.
The Kantonian gym was a godsend to help me catch up with with my underleveled mons. Do like how no one really knows how a gym is supposed to work so it's more of a tourist place where they give out drinks.
>>
File: black.png (1.59 MB, 1290x2796)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>55856316
I beat the league with these niggas in Black today. I leveled them up to 48. Died quite a few times to the four and Ghetsis, they're way tougher than the rest of the game. Didn't wipe a single time before the e4 and I trained up 10 or so mons without even grinding before that.
>>
>>55857448
Based as fuck
>>
>>55862498
good to see an update of this. Very nice!>>55862705
>>55862715
Rather unique
>>55865481
Now this is podracing
>>55877519
I just beat black, your team looks good. Highly based. You could pick up deino in victory road and replace liligant with leavanny, they're both dual type. Leavanny is super good in the early-mid game. Idk about late game.
>>55881655
mad respect for all gen 7 mons
>>55891262
coomer
>>55890141
the stones on this man
>>
File: 1640635343763.png (2.27 MB, 1192x1252)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>55887569
Meganium
-Razor Leaf
-Body Slam
-Solar Beam
-Sunny Day

Murkrow
-Fly
-Faint Attack
-Haze
-Theif

Tauros
-Horn Attack
-Thrash
-Take Down
-Earthquake

Lanturn
-Waterfall
-Spark
-Flash
-Surf

Arbok
-Bite
-Sludge Bomb
-Dig
-Toxic

Donphan
-Strength
-Earthquake
-Rollout
-Take Down
>>
I wiped to totem togedemaru before remembering salandit can toxic steel types.
Second try was a lot easier.
>>
>>55865481
Little update on this team, I finally got my last team member, it's a pokemon you only get access to after the final gym, but I wanna get some egg moves on it so I will show off the team sometime later.

>>55890141
Very cute team, nice shinys too.
>>55891262
Nice team girl squad, hope Cleffa doesn't take forever to evolve tho, getting it at lv 30 sounds annoying.
>>55891310
Bastardo and Nogtricity gave me a good chuckle.
>>55891336
>Now this is podracing
Yeah this is definitely one of the goofiest teams so far, but I'm loving it. And they really are putting in work! With the help of Togetic's Safeguard, Ledian was able to easily take care of all of Clair's Dragonairs and even froze her Kingdra immediately so Aipom was able to clean up.
>>
File: 1636131089305.jpg (110 KB, 869x919)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>55887569
and finally my current playthrough of Ruby, I've never actually played gen 3 before and I just got 6 guys that were neat. Tried not to fill up my team with early game mons so I could at least see some of the later ones

Swampert
I love Mudkips dumb, blank expression. most starters are like eager anime characters but he's just this head empty little mudfish. And Swampert's rad

Swellow
I remember hearing that this waswhen the early birds really started to get good but he seems kinda standard honestly, very fast and very fragile

Breloom
neat typeing but I honestly just like Shroomish, grumpy little guy and Breloom's a cool olive dinosaur, weird that all his fighting moves are punches instead of kicks tho

Aggron
fucking awesome, feels like what Rhydon was always meant to be, just this huge powerhouse dinosaur, his defense is amazing

Torkoal
why is this dude not fire/rock? still I really like the funky little turtle and white smoke is an extreamly comfy ability

Grumpig
I love Spoink, what a cute little guy with an insanely dark pokedex entry. Grumpig's just a chubby piggy and I adore her plus Psychic type is still incredible
>>
>>55892339
Oh nice, very solid team plus a neat addition of Grumpig, this feels like the exact type of team I would've had as a kid minus that Grumpig.
>I remember hearing that this waswhen the early birds really started to get good but he seems kinda standard honestly, very fast and very fragile
Did you utilize his Guts ability? That's what makes him so good, stab Guts boosted Facade is pretty damn good, and just the Guts boost is valuable in general.
>weird that all his fighting moves are punches instead of kicks tho
I was confused by that too for a long time but turns out he has stretchy arms.
>>
File: IMG_1909.jpg (221 KB, 1061x1500)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
Gonna run this team in Alpha Sapphire
>Blaziken
>Gardevoir
>Aggron
>Pikachu Libre
>Sharpedo
>Latias
Normally I don’t use legends, but latias in AS is the exception
>soaring is better than fly
>narrative implies you use latias
>I abandoned one in the dreamworld years ago and felt guilty, I was estatic to give her a chance in AS, and i’ll do it again
>>
>>55892371
I see.... it seems I've been letting his best move sit in my bag as an unused TM this entire time
>>
>>55892422
Based Cosplay Pikachu user, I used Pikachu Ph.D. recently in Omega Ruby, named her Prof. Dweeb. Such a fun and cute gimmick, shame it never returned, but those lame Cap Pikachus do.
>>55892422
Every playthru is a learning experience :]
>>
I’m thinking of starting BW3 Genesis this week. I’m starting with Tepig and will be getting Budew. Any suggestion for the other Pokemon?
>>
Gonna start Renegade Platinum, I'll use the three starters and Staraptor. Still thinking if I should get a Glaceon or Espeon for the Eevee, if I choose the Glaceon I'll take Steven's Beldum and if I take Espeon, I'll use Froslass.
>>
>>55892491
how early can you get a golurk in that game?
>>
File: 1709744603910134.jpg (1 MB, 3114x3983)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
>>55892339
Grumpig Lax/Own Tempo
-Psychic
-Psywave
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray

Breloom Brave/Effect Spore
-Mega Drain
-Sky Uppercut
-Leech Seeds
-Mach Punch

Swellow Quirky/Guts
-Aerial Ace
-Facade
-Fly
-Double Team

Aggron Quirky/Sturdy
-Metal Claw
-Headbutt
-Iron Tail
-Rock Smash

Torkoal Quiet/White Smoke
-Flamethrower
-Amnesia
-Fire Spin
-Heatwave

Swampert Hardy/Torrent
-Surf
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake
-Mud Shot

Just lost to Steven lmao
>>
>>55893293
Kys.
>>
File: 1641365372199.png (122 KB, 725x521)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>55893304
Idk y this made me laugh
You tell him!
>>
>swept by Guzma's masquerain
I'm starting to suspect I'm just not very good at this game.
>>
File: 1640187078445.jpg (913 KB, 1224x1584)
913 KB
913 KB JPG
>>55893281
once I beat Steven I'll move onto Ruby (Idk if there's any endgame worth doing before Emerald, lemme know if there's anything worth doing) and the team I'm planning on using is
Torchic
Zigzagoon
Tropius
Sableye
Anorith
Barboach (or Lotad)

mostly just posting to bumb the thread
>>
File: Pokemon Crystal Legacy.png (401 KB, 879x789)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
Finished my first run of Crystal Legacy. Pretty solid overall. I'm shocked I was able to beat Red on hard mode.
>>
>>55893415
>I'm starting to suspect I'm just not very good at this game.
Yup
>>
>>55875784
New progress report.
Finally got my 4th teammember - Andrea the Pawniard. Too bad I already have 6 badges. I've never used Mandibuzz before but it's really grown on me.
>Lulu Lemon the lv 43 Careful Scrafty (Moxie)
Brick Break / Crunch / Dig / Work Up
>Schnappi the lv 42 Jolly Krookodile (Intimidate)
Crunch / Foul Play / Bulldoze / Swagger
>Wilma the lv 43 Timid Mandibuzz (Weak Armor)
Air Slash / Pluck / Faint Attack / Nasty Plot
>Andrea the lv 42 Naughty Pawniard (Defiant)
Metal Claw / Metal Sound / Slash / Assurance

No Pic cuz I'm waiting for class
>>
>>55891310
what emulator are you playing on?
>>
>>55895305
Delta app on ios
and now I need a new game to play. so far since this has released about a month ago I've beaten crystal, emerald and black. Kinda leaning towards leaf green, platinum or alpha sapphire.
>>
>>55856388
Maaaaaaan, Girafarig is rare to find in Route 43...
>>
File: pokemoncrystaloddeggteam4.png (2.72 MB, 1790x1194)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB PNG
>>55880582
Final update for the Odd Egg shiny team, just got thru Kanto and going to beat Red. The playthru was pretty easy but still enjoyable using these pokemon I normally don't use that much. Also Triple Kick is a terrible move but it's all I have.

>>55893415
They actually buffed Masquerian in S/M so it's not that bad ig.
>>55893467
That's a very fun team, I've been meaning to use Tropius for a while, and Sableye and Armaldo are sick fellows. I recommend going with Barboach for the ground coverage.
>>55893706
Been meaning to play the Legacy games sometime, very nice team btw. Love seeing a fellow Hitmontop user as well as Octillery here.
>>55895246
No Zorua? And ig you're only using Unovan dark types.
>>
>>55897375
>Been meaning to play the Legacy games sometime, very nice team btw. Love seeing a fellow Hitmontop user as well as Octillery here.
In hindsight, I should've used Heracross because it has the harder hitting Cross Chop. Even the buffed Triple Kick isn't very reliable. I can see why it didn't catch on as a move. Octillery should've had some stat adjustments so that it could tank better to compensate for its low speed.
>>
>>55895316
I'd suggest Pokemon X/Y desu.
Bit of a slog but if you get bored you have other options and if you don't you have another crossed of on the list to play every game.
>>
>>55897770
The only games I haven’t finished are SM, USUM, SwSh and SV actually. Oh and let’s go pikachu. I’ve played at least one of every other game in the series including some spinoffs. My playthrough of Y was a wonderlocke though. I wonder traded every encounter for a route immediately. Was pretty fun, but also it was 10 years ago. Don’t remember shit about it.
I just like replaying my favorites. For Crystal and emerald I did Nuzlockes. Black I hadn’t played since release.
>>
>>55897375
Zorua can only be gotten as a set gift. Hasty nature and N's OT. I did pick it up though. Kinda ironic that it's one of the few pokemon an NPC hands out with not-your OT, and the person who did claim it also claimed that owning pokemon is slavery
>>
>>55893336
You don't know? Mass repliers need to die, this is a universal truth.
>>
File: shithead.jpg (213 KB, 1200x1200)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>55895246
You just reminded me of this cunt. I don't know what people saw in this shit but it was everywhere for like a month
>>
>>55889406
Just pick whatever pokemon you like best, who cares if they are evolved or not? The computer sucks ass at the game anyway.
>>
>>55895944
Mother, when will buy me a Moon Stone? I want to evolve Almiraj! Damage-reducing berries are the last thing I need
>>
Nvm got it on Ruins of Alph...
>>
>>55900441
>>55900290
It's a shame HGSS moved the Tohjo Falls Moon Stone to the other side, requiring Waterfall. You only needed Surf in GSC and it was a fun reward for exploration.
>>
>>55900290
I don't know if it's changed but in GSC you can get a Moon Stone from the Ruins of Alph. Just surf across the water and use Flash.
>>
>>55900475
I thought you could get a moon stone in the ruins of Alph with surf in HGSS?
>>
>>55900506
you still can but gsc gave you another option so you didn't have to.
>>
>>55900502
technically crystal is the only gen 2 game that has it because gold/silver don't have those extra rooms in the ruins of alph.
>>
Starting up White, the Pippi Longstocking school of pet names will carry me forward.
>>
>>55893467
>>55892339
so I was so pissed that I had used Swellow for the entire game but ignored the obvious Guts/Facade combo that I...might just abondon that file
I'm leaving it unbeaten at least, for now and I've started up Sapphire with
Torchic
Lotad
and Tailow again
intend to catch a sableye and get the Anorith fossil and probably finish off the team with the Torkoal I had in my last run
might start a whole new Ruby file from scratch after this run idk
>>
>>55900475
Ho-oh crap, I need to clear the game to get a Life Orb in the Ruins!
>>
File: teamcc.png (20 KB, 517x428)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
really bored with crystal clear now after beating Red
should I complete the pokedex or nah
>>
>>55902086
Nah, that's just autistic behavior
>t. Completed multiple dexes and still hollow inside
>>
>Ice Path B2F
I'm sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiding in ciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiircles!
>>
>>55901575
Didn't you say you were at the League already? How autistic do you have to be to start over at the last fucking moment over something like that?
>>
>>55902757
Very, leave me alone
But like, the whole reason I'm doing this string of playthroughs is to use a bunch of mons and I hate the idea of wasting this guys potential so hard. The entire reason I wanted to use Swellow instead of one of Hoenn's more exciting flyers was because I'd heard about how this was when the early birds starting getting really good, so I wanna see him be really good
>>
For those who want to use a Heracross in Crystal before Whitney, make sure you have a trainer ID that lets you access a special tree in route 33 or Azalea Town. It's possible to have an ID where neither area will give you a special tree.
>>
>>55904331
you can check here.
http://tshadowknight.com/Headbutt%20Grid.htm
>>
>>55892422
There's really no need to catch any mon in the wild anon. My OR final team was, iirc:
>Blaziken (curbstomped first 4 gyms consecutively)
>Togekiss (NatDex before post-game, lol)
>Wobbuffet (Wynaut egg)
>Latios (an extra, blame the game for handling a legendary for effin' free)
>HM-Slave (Linoone, at the start)
>>
I thought I'd have a hard time with Kimono Girls but damn, my Feraligatr single-handedly defeated all the Eeveelutions.
>>
File: 18288283772.jpg (461 KB, 1080x666)
461 KB
461 KB JPG
>>
File: file.png (2.3 MB, 1307x1008)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB PNG
Casual playthrough of Sun, haven't played gen 7 since like 2017
I'll have to train up Dhelmise but this thing has way better stats than I expected so it should be fine
Skarmory's been a decent bit worse than expected
>french
I know
>>55906145
mismagius is always cool to see, great mon to use as well
>>55893706
very cool picks overall, I like it
>>
>>55906145
>all 3 starters
I kneel
>>
>lose to Guzma three times before finally beating him
I'm not even sure how persian went before masquerain. Guess it was really unlucky speed ties.
>>
>>55906674
>>55906344 here, I'm glad I had skarmory's spikes and Torracat's speed because that Masquerain actually caught me off guard by OHKOing my Rampardos
that thing is a menace
>>
>>55906344
Mismagius in Renegade Platinum being Fairy is just too good, otherwise I would use Honchkrow
>>55906654
I was thinking of changing them for Camerupt, Milotic and some other one not being grass
>>
Geez, and I'm done with HGSS E4
>Feraligatr (49)
Crunch/Swords Dance/Waterfall/Ice Fang
Item: NeverMeltIce
>Ampharos (47)
Thunderbolt/Charge/Signal Beam/Discharge
Item: Choice Specs (swapped for Will and Lance)
>Togetic (48)
Extrasensory/Fly/Wish/Yawn
Item: Choice Specs (swapped for Bruno)
>Nidoking (47)
Poison Sting/Earthquake/Horn Attack/Double Kick
Item: Soft Sand (Koga), Expert Belt (Karen)
>>
File: image-w856.jpg (55 KB, 856x482)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>55857448 here for an update. I FINALLY got enough coins for that Substitute TM. Fuck, that was tedious. Still asking if I should swap out Tackle for Mega Drain on Venasaur.
>>
File: 20240518_230842.jpg (1.76 MB, 2215x1646)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB JPG
>>
File: t2.png (407 KB, 877x789)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
My second run at Crystal Legacy. I had more fun with this team overall. Red required higher levels. I tried leading with Piloswine but Red has a surfing Pikachu in this hack. Quick Claw was too unreliable.
>>
I transfered Chimchar into BW2 for a new game and released Snivy....am I scum?
>>
>>55907668
>swap out tackle for Mehadrain
yup
>>
File: 20230526_195217.jpg (778 KB, 3174x2212)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
>>55908923
Nah I've done that once or twice.
>>
>>55908923
i do that all the time between the gen 4 games
>>
File: shitteam.jpg (223 KB, 777x578)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
My team is so shit I can't beat Clay and his Sandslash
>>
>>55908991
You mean MegAbabor...
>>
File: PlatinumTeam.jpg (870 KB, 1080x803)
870 KB
870 KB JPG
>>55906145
That screenshot was just a test, now this is my actual team.
Though I'm still thinking about switching Gliscor for my Togetic or maybe a Staraptor, two ground types seems a bit weird I don't know
>>
>>55907360
>Evolve Togetic to Togekiss: CHECK
TO DO
>Get EV reducing berries
>Capture Ho-oh for the legendary Life Orb for Feraligatr
>Teach Feraligatr Ice Punch (64 BP) and Return
Garchomp, Starmie, and what's the 3rd best Pokémon for BF? I want to score as much points as possible.
>>
I was doing a run of Moon but the R button on my 3ds is broken so I am soft locked at the part where they force you to take pictures of pokemon through a crack in a wall. Moon has honestly been a terrible experience so far, insane levels of talking and cutscenes. I started with Rowlet and was happy to catch a Grubbin, but they're on ice until I can borrow a 3ds.

So I'm starting a new game on Fire Red, and I want to trade over a Pokemon or two to start the game with in addition to Bulbasaur. Any recommendations?
>>
File: pokemonsilvern64team2.png (3.94 MB, 1790x1194)
3.94 MB
3.94 MB PNG
>>55865481
>>55892321
Finally can show off the whole team, my final teammate is Hitmontop! I really did wait until after the final gym to get him, and not only that, I did a breeding chain to get Hi Jump Kick and Mach Punch on it. It took a while, but it was worth it. Having using fighting moves on Hitmontop is very nice :]

>>55901575
Probably too late but you shouldn't just give up because of that, might as well complete the run since you're already at the end. I feel a lil bad now for telling you about that now.
>>55904335
Based anon for sharing this, I remember learning about this a lil while back and it was so convenient. I used to just trial n error check trees to find Heracross.
>>55906344
That's a really cool team!! Love seeing Dhelmise especially, I really wanna use one sometime, such a cool pokemon.
>>55907360
Quaint little team, you planning to add any others in the post game?
>>55907836
Nice team, Pelipper is kinda out of place but that makes him funny. How was using Leafeon? I want to use it but it learning Leaf Blade so late stinks.
>>55908995
Another based Hitmontop user >:]
>>55909161
>Dewott
>Lucario
>Deerling
How??????
>>55909607
What version of Platinum is this? Also you should keep Gliscor since it's like a psuedo bug type and it's decently bulky.
>>55910937
Pretty sure you're able to press the button on the bottom screen to take pictures too? Either way, yeah S/M is bogged down by all the cutscenes, but I still think it's an enjoyable game once you really get going.
>>
>>55911475
>Quaint little team, you planning to add any others in the post game?
No, I'm planning to defeat Red (and rematch E4/Lance) with these four. But the item I'm looking for requires Ho-oh in my team, Qualot Berry requires 1 BP and lots of luck and Ice Punch requires 64 BP, so I'm struggling to find a Staryu, a Gible and... uh... a Spiritomb, I guess, to EV train and score as many points as possible in BF.
>>
>>55911673
But if you'd like, you can suggest me an alternate team, Staryu is rare and Gible requires too. Much. Patience.
>>
>>55911475
>What version of Platinum is this?
Renegade.
>Also you should keep Gliscor since it's like a psuedo bug type and it's decently bulky.
Yeah, I decided to keep him. I always liked it and never used it before compared to Togekiss or other flying types
>>
File: IMG_0892.jpg (3.87 MB, 4032x3024)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB JPG
>>55911475
I'm free! Thanks anon. My island adventure continues. Of the mons I have now I think Rowlet, Grubbin, and Slowpoke (into Slowking) are gonna be mainstays. Maybe grab an Alolan Marowak and/or Muk, beyond that I'm not sure. This is the first gen with ridemons and no need for HMs right? Team comp can get wild from here

Great team you have, dual punch Ledian and Aipom are a ton of fun in gen 2.
>>
I'm playing White 2 and just made it to the Pokemon League, and this is my current team:
Shellgun (Samurott) LV. 61
- Waterfall
- Surf
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam
Kaminari (Ampharos) LV. 59
- Thunderbolt
- Discharge
- Power Gem
- Signal Beam
Cobalt (Lucario) LV. 57
- Close Combat
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Strength
Fiendfyre (Arcanine) LV. 60
- Flare Blitz
- Flamethrower
- Dig
- Outrage
Patriot (Braviary) LV. 58
- Superpower
- Fly
- Sky Drop
- Crush Claw
Skynet (Metagross) LV. 60
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Slide
- Hammer Arm
>>
File: FVEj7nPWUAIlGRJ.jpg (65 KB, 735x749)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>55856316
White 2
>Tyranitar
>Aerodactyl
>Volcarona
>Hydreigon
>Heracross
Gonna get a Nidoking eventually, but trying to get a Nidoran to spawn from a Hidden Grotto is more effort than I bargained for.
>>
>>55885376
I fuck with it.
>>
>>55856336
did this recently, a long and painful process, pokemon get burned and poisoned a million times, the way I do it anyway, with an adrenaline orb and ko'ing the one that's been there longer, then on the next route I came across a female in like the first encounter
>>
File: IMG_4203.jpg (1.71 MB, 2714x1871)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
Am I ready for the E4, BWbros?
>>
>>55913786
Those bitch niggas are cooked king!
>>
fuck why does xy have so many good fire types i can't choose one
>>
>>55913824
Talonflame, my guy.
>>
>>55913892
Thinking about going with all 3 anyway. Zard as the main fire type, Talon as flying and Delphox as Psychic. I'll transfer a Bulbasaur from my Y game and use the other two or maybe a Heracross/Scizor/one of the Nidos/Ice type in favor of Pangoro
>>
I’m debating between either Red or Fire Red. Both are fairly comfy, am I crazy for missing the special stat?
>>
I’m gonna hook up my snes and see if the battery for my Pokemon silver still works.
>>
File: 1713458904884694.jpg (194 KB, 1051x751)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
Just started Sapphire after choosing to scrap my Ruby run. Currently at Slateport

Combuskin
I've never used the Torchic line before but I'm well aware of how popular Blaziken is. Torchic's just a little cutey and I like how loud and scary Combuskin's cry is, also just a total powerhouse

Taillow
I like taillow's design a bit more than Swellow I think, making sure not to forgot what his ability is this time around

Lombre
Ludicolo is one of gen 3 mons I was most looking forward to using, I just like the goofy dancing pineapple Mexican. Lotad is again just a cute little fella and Lombre is an interesting kappa design.

Sableye
I'm assuming he gets weaker eventually cuz I heard he's not great but in the early game this funky lil gremlin is real strong. Normal and fighting immunities are busted in the early game

Electrike
Just caught him like 20 mins ago. I never planned on using one before because of how fucking stupid Manectric looks but it's been years since I played a game that had one of these guys in it and in that time I've gotten over whatever it was about the design I disliked cuz now he seems fine

Gen 3 is fun and full of bangers so I kinda just want to do a bunch of playthroughs with tons and tons if different teams
>>
>>55910937
Dratini and Seal, Dratini for a head start on that dragonite grind and Seal just because he's such a late game mon that no one ever bothers to use one
>>
>>55911475
Nah don't feel bad about that, it's my own autism that led me to make that decision and it just gives me an excuse to use different mons which is my favorite thing
>>
Which game is best is I wanna catch a Lavitar early. Would love be able to use one normally on my team and just let him level up and evolve naturally through the course of the game
Same question but for Beldom
>>
>>55915165
You can get a Larvitar in USUM by the second island in Diglett Tunnel. That’s around the level 20 range
>>
File: 1716120378315240.jpg (150 KB, 850x599)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>55914234
Do me a favor play Red and use Hypno, give him a decent physical move and watch him become the anti-psychic, psychic type. Take him to Sabrina's gym and just commit a war crime
>>
>>55915174
That's awesome thanks bro. Thank you! I honestly was just expecting disappointment
>>
>>55915165
Fire Red/Leaf Green
>>
File: recent team.jpg (325 KB, 913x691)
325 KB
325 KB JPG
>>55914215
Aight, just beat the second gym and some, this is how the team looks like now
>>
>>55915165
Crystal Legacy
>>
File: IMG_3190.jpg (233 KB, 750x672)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
BW3 Genesis Team
Progress: Going through Lostlorn Forest
>>
File: God dammit.jpg (930 KB, 2861x1697)
930 KB
930 KB JPG
>talk to random npc in front of poke center
He actually switched into sap sipper sliggoo for a trop kick.
Oh and gabite has iron head. What a fun discovery.
>>
How do you guys deal with HMs? A lot of full teams here. I don't want to ruin my movesets, but having to run to the PC and box someone for a slave feels just as bad. Keeping slaves at all times limits team building and feels too arranged and unnatural. I'm really not sure how to tackle this retarded mechanic.
>>
>>55915695
>How do you guys deal with HMs?
Surf on watermon, Fly on flyingmon, everything else is on slaves.
Shit like Strength, Waterfall, Rock Smash, etc. are situational and often optional, also generally circumvented by Fly as you progress; Surf and Fly are way too useful in 99% of situations to not have them available at all times, and aren't too terrible as moves in battle.
>>
>>55911807
Let's see... I can get a Dratini at Dragon's Den, a Larvitar at Safari Zone, and if Gyarados is the 2nd recommendation, I can get a rare Magikarp at Route 43... And why does BF sell Toxic and Flame Orbs but not Life Orb?!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.