[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What was the last good Pokemon region?
>>
File: 1714074156484.webm (2.63 MB, 610x664)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB WEBM
>>56070889
Hisui, duh
>>
>>56070889
cyrus is kinda cute ngl
>>
Oh great, another shitty genwar thread.
>>
File: fish.jpg (166 KB, 650x812)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>56070889
Good
>Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Alola

Mid
>Unova, Kalos

Bad
>Galar, Paldea
>>
>>56070889
The one I grew up with
>>
>>56070894
This unironically
>>
>>56070889
Lental
>>
>>56070889
Paldea
>>
>>56070889
The one (you) grew up with
>>
>>56070889
Paldea
>>
SINNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
>>
alola or hisui
>>
>>56071303
This but only bc after Sinnoh every region felt like a caricature of some real world place rather than an actual fantasy land.
>>
>>56070889
Sinnoh is anything but a good region. It has no identity, it is not memorable. Does anyone remember any cities or locations from Sinnoh such as Vermilion, Celadon, Cinnabar, Goldenrod, Ecruteak, Olivine, Fortree, Mauville, Mossdeep, Castelia, Nimbasa, Opelucid? No, everything is boring and forgettable.
>>
>>56071883

i dont remember half the shit you listed
where the fuck is Opelucid?
>>
>>56071883
old chateau, floaroama town, spear pillar, sunyshore, eterna city, snowpoint
i remember a lot of places from sinnoh desu
>>
We talking just map design? Probably 3/4 of Alola, which is more than I can say for something like Sinnoh and arguably Kalos. To be fair after Alola you had the exceptionally bad Galar and the subpar open world design of Paldea, so it's not really that great of an accomplishment. If we're talking last great map design instead of just good, probably Hoenn or Unova if you're being exceedingly generous (I'm not, it's just good). On the more thematic side, that's also a good question and it also probably goes to Alola because they've been skimping on a lot of that stuff in Galar and Paldea, and Kalos was mediocre and Unova was okay at best.
>>56071883
Nah, Sinnoh does have memorable areas, but they're usually themed a little differently than maps from previous games. Sunnyshore, Snowpoint, and Hearthome immediately come to mind as towns. Unfortunately they were still re-using assets a little too much during that phase, which is somewhat understandable given they had to hire more 3D people during BW's development, and even Platinum didn't improve on it much.
>>
>>56070889
they're all good
stop making genwar threads
>>
>>56071923
No shit, none of those places are attractive and memorable.

>>56071969
The same thing I said before. None of those places are memorable. You spend little time, you don't do anything relevant, the design of those places is nothing special, they have no identity. The only thing I accept is Snowpoint because it has the snowy weather that sets it apart from the bunch of boring cities. Eterna Forest is beautiful but you don't do anything in it, you beat it on the first try and forget it ever existed. Veilstone is supposed to be the largest city in the region, but it's not notable at all, looking like a copy of Goldenrod with its own pink-haired Gym Leader and the villain team operating out of some building. Compare it to Celadon, Goldenrod or Nimbasa, it's an absolute downgrade.
>>
>>56072624
>Eterna Forest is beautiful but you don't do anything in it
go back and get rotom you dumb faggot
>Veilstone is supposed to be the largest city in the region
yeah it is
>>
>>56070894
Need an Akari tradwife
>>
>>56072624
Veilstone doesn’t really feel like a downgrade to any of them, and like the other anon mentioned, you can go back to Eterna Forest with cut and do the mansion.
>>
>>56072645
I'm going to capture Rotom and I'm going to add it to my team of Infernape, Staraptor, Floatzel and Luxray.... oops I already have an electric type.

The forest is still oblivious to the Rotom thing. You're still doing nothing in the forest.
>>
>>56072932
>I'm going to capture Rotom and I'm going to add it to my team of Infernape, Staraptor, Floatzel and Luxray.... oops I already have an electric type.
you're fault for being an NPC nigger. put the secret key in your game lol
>The forest is still oblivious to the Rotom thing. You're still doing nothing in the forest.
no it's not, you're backtracking through it to get to an optional area. you can also go back there after getting the eevee in hearthome and use the moss rock for leafeon
>>
>>56070889
>What was the last good Pokemon region?
Sinnoh

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.