[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: MUSHA.jpg (64 KB, 267x374)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Thoughts on this game? I don't really play SHMUPs so I can't tell if it's supposed to be good or not.
>>
>>10862451
It's good for various reasons.

The music, style, gameplay and rarity. Shumps on the genesis amd everywhere well else have become so expensive expensive. This one is definitely worth playing but I've never managed to beat it. I could probably beat it using save states.
>>
>I can't tell if it's supposed to be good or not.
Do you like it?
If yes: it's good.
If no: it's not good.
>>
>>10862451
Play the game bruddah
>>
>>10862480
So if I like Bratz: Pop 'n Lock - Turbo Twerk Edition for the Gameboy Advance, that means it's a good game?
>>
>>10862657
Only you can answer that.
>>
Hugely overrated slog of a game with more down time than any shmup should have. A textbook example of style over substance.
>>
>>10862682
But enough about Super Aleste.
>>
I like it but there's one thing that confuses me.
So at the end of the game, we got and fight this weird alien-looking thing where there's this giant ball with a face in it, and it gets its own music, and it seems to be Dire 51. Then in the next sequence, we're returning home when that recurring robot boss shows up again and we destroy it, then we learn that THAT is Dire 51.
So... what was that other guy? Is the twist just that Dire 51 was installed inside a robot the whole time?
>>
>>10862451
Compile games are just fun even going back to Zanac. Play Xenon 2 or Bomber raid on sms to see what a bad shmup is. A bad shmup is one with periods of nothing much happening but also you don't want too much so it a bit of a balance as well as having a variety in graphics and enemies.
>>
>>10863191
Euro shmups also tend to make most enemies bullet sponges for some reason
>>
>>10862657
Unironically yes.
>>
>>10862461
try it on easy mode
>>
>>10863217
Because they are all amateur garage games with a cargo cult design philosophy.
>>
>>10862827
lol this
super aleste is so fucking long that they included a short mode
>>
>>10862451
>I can't tell if it's supposed to be good or not.
If it's a shmup, it's not
>>
>>10862451
It's a console shmup so it's a snoozefest with so much low intensity padding that you'll fall asleep before ever reaching the end.
>>
>>10862827
Don't know what happenened in the 16bit era. Started off incredibly strong with MUSHA Aleste, which is one of the best in the series, but then some really disappointing games. Super and Dennin are kind of lame.
>>
>>10866249
spriggan is a pretty good "aleste" game
idk what happened to compile though, sylphia was their final 16-bit console shooter and a big disappointment
>>
File: MD_games_cover_the_screws.jpg (601 KB, 2592x1944)
601 KB
601 KB JPG
>>10862451
The game may not be for everyone, but it is one of my most favorite games on the system. I love the music, graphics, gameplay, and overall energy of the game. There's probably more personal challenges to try, but I just flow to the green lightning beam weapons.
>>
>>10862451
Best shooter on Genesis. Embarrassingly so. A must must play.
>>
>>10866482
Lmao spriggan is reskinned blazing lasers. The code is literally the same
>>
>>10866482
sylphia isn't a compile game. But this stage all the OGs had left the company
>>
>>10866482
Spriggan is good. If M2 ever puts out another Aleste collection but for 16bit this time and didn't include it, I might even pass it over, as I own and have played MUSHA many times, and have a mildly negative view of Super and Robo. I don't like them.
Is Spriggan licensed from an anime?
>>
>>10867583
it literally is. but it was published by some no name company, and compile isnt mentioned in the credits
>>
>>10862451
Apparently this one is supposed to be really good but I don't get the appeal of Musha.
>>
>>10862451
>Please somebody tell me how I"m supposed to feel about this. I have no clue how to figure things out on my own.
>>
>>10862451
It's kinography
>>10862657
Yes, dumbass

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.