[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's /vr/'s opinion on Killer7?
>>
File: 20240417000225_1.jpg (41 KB, 640x480)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10864478
Currently loving it.
>>
>>10864478
More liked for its youtube clips than the gameplay.
>>
Love it. Certainly helped to be a fan of The Smiths while playing.
>>
In the name of Harman…
>>
One of the best games ever. So good that it helped elevate games to art which hurt the whole medium.
>>
>>10864478
I wish you could shoot critical spots with Mask. I wish it was just more practical to use him outside of specific instances the rest of the Smith gang feels that way. That's my only complaint. Great game. I understand if someone doesn't care for it.
>>
>>10864478
Suda's best game by far, not that he has actually made a lot of them. His VNs are too slow and boring and his other games are too wacky and over the top.
>>
it starts off pretty strong
definitely one of his top 3 games
with killer is dead
>>
i didnt finish it got maybe a third through, it was really cool though. the only thing i didnt like was some of the levels were too maze like so a lot of going in circles.
>>
Please suda I just want my console Flower Sun and Rain... what do you even do anymore...

Killer 7 was great though
>>
did not understand it, loved it anyway
>>
>best track in the game is in a hallway you spend five seconds in

https://youtu.be/AJO8uo3UMko?si=49OkeBBa7gy1pOtZ
>>
>>10864478
I enjoyed it, even the simple stop/scan/aim/shoot gameplay. Part of me wished it had lightgun support but maybe that'd fuck with the balance.
>>
it's legit garbage
>>
Style over substance, just like every single one of his games, but the style is so cool and unique that I don't care. The gameplay is tolerable. Worth a playthrough for sure.
>>
>>10864493
The gameplay comes into focus more on Killer8 where you actually have to think about and plan which Smiths you want to use. On the normal difficulty you can basically just pick your favorite and never use anyone else for combat, but on Killer8 the utility Smiths like Kevin and Mask actually become useful.
>>
Some of my favorite cutscene dialog from anything. Also the style/atmosphere is just so heavy/stylish that I'll never forget it. Definitely Suda's magnum opus.
>>
>>10864478
one of the last great mindfucks in gaming, nothing even comes close. I still wish this woulda got ported to the switch
>>
>>10864478
It's pretty killer
>>
>>10864570
There exists unused sound files of Mask doing a critical hit kill, shuriken smith talking and etc.
>>
>>10864570
He's useful on Killer8 because he's the only guy other than Harman who can survive a hit. If I remember right his fully charged shot in the last level lets you instantly kill some of those big enemy spawners that can otherwise take a while to kill, too.
>>
When the game was new I treated it kind of like a survival horror type game and didn't really enjoy it, but playing the HD version I treated it more like a fast paced, groovy type thing and had a blast.
>>
Suda’s magnum opus, hands down. The story and variety keep it fresh to this day
>>
>>10864491
don’t stretch it to 640x480 bro
>>
File: 20240418050344_1.jpg (48 KB, 640x480)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10866725
wym? PC port has a 4:3 aspect ratio mode, but I have to first go to windowed mode, move the window to my secondary 4:3 monitor, and then go back to full screen. Game looks superb on my Hitachi CM623F monitor.
>>
Just started this game, is it just me or Con is much better than the rest?
>>
>>10867037
His damage is shit and his guns aren't very accurate but he reloads fast I think. I think he's one of the two characters that get Critical Lock at level 4 instead of level 5 too, so he's kind of useful on Killer8, since the alternative is Kaede and she's horrible.
>>
>>10867037
He is. The game relies on the fact that enemies can die from a single bullet, so damage doesn't matter when you can just have more bullets. Kevin is also broken in a different way since he has perfect accuracy and no reloading. There are gimmick enemies/bosses requiring specific characters but you can steamroll 90% of the game with just those two.
>>
>>10864478
Best Russian Roulette scene in videogame history
>>
Not as good as Killer 6
>>
File: lucky.png (1.27 MB, 1386x790)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB PNG
>>10868298
how many of those are there in video games for there to be a best one anyway, seems like it should be a more common trope than it is
>>
bump
>>
I've only played Michigan Report from Hell.

And it was one of the most unbelievable things I've ever played. And that's one of the obscure ones. So this Suda guy must be something else
>>
Master
We're in a tight spot
>>
I played the silver case and thought it was a directionless mess with no player agency. Are all his games like this?
>>
>>10865187
Unless it has lightgun controls then there's no need, the definitive version is on PC
>>10873103
>with no player agency
If by that you mean there are no choices that determine the ending then TSC is an adventure game, people sadly can't differentiate between these and visual novels
>>
File: kaede_smith.jpg (115 KB, 763x957)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Master!
We're in a tight vagina!
Like, tighter than tight!
In the name of KEADE...
>>
File: Big_KAEDE.jpg (81 KB, 744x362)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>10873151
*kaede
>>
File: killer7-kaede-smith.gif (838 KB, 498x461)
838 KB
838 KB GIF
>>10873152

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.