[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1009.jpg (973 KB, 1179x842)
973 KB
973 KB JPG
What the FUCK is this game’s problem. Why is it so fucking frustrating?
>>
>>10873776
Played it years ago on GBA. I recall loads of weird "How are you expecting me to dodge a lot of that stuff?", it felt like taking damage was inevitable in a lot of places. It was a Megaman playthrough however. I heard the game is more designed for Bass
>>
Get good
>>
>>10874125
You could've said something interesting.
Or funny.
Instead...
>>
>>10874123
I agree, there were parts which dealt cheap damage unless you already knew what was coming. For as much as I fetishised this game back in the early 2000s (pre GBA port) when it was that cool looking MM game that never came out in the US, it really does feel like a budget game, what with the recycled enemies and overall less solid stage designs when compared to MM7 a d MM8, both of which I love.
>>
>>10874271
Even if you knew what was coming. I specifically remember a lot of the sandworms thingy in that one stage being way faster than Megaman to such a level that some of them felt impossible to avoid. This then ended up making the game even harder as I had to deal with some level of damage I couldn't avoid
>>
>>10874123
The GBA version has a smaller resolution, so enemies can hit you from off-screen and you can't do anything to avoid it. As if the game wasn't hard enough already.
>>
>>10874453
tank boss was insane in this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJbS-H2AchI
>>
&Bass and X4 really cemented the idea into me that Capcom was desperately trying to get the player to move on from megaman by making his companion the clearly superior option in gameplay
>>
>>10874468
Oh this was cool to watch
>>
>>10874506
welcome. I remember quitting on the flying tank on GBA handheld. I had a GBA SP and it was too much to ask. That flashbang attack is brutal
>>
I've known for a long time that it was bass like in music but I can't stop thinking of it as bass like in the ocean. And neither do I wish to
>>
>>10874271
>it really does feel like a budget game
Because it was. Capcom made it for the holdouts who hadn't upgraded to a PS1 yet.
>>
Really had to suffer through this game to get to the end. Platforming sections feel like they're intentionally designed to be as annoying as possible, and enemy patterns/placement are similarly retarded. Bosses themselves are either trivially easy or outright cheap. MM8 has a lot of the same problems imo, except at least the difficulty is a bit more even. Can't imagine playing the GBA version.
>>
>>10873776
Skill issue
>>
>>10873776
Its 'problem' was putting out a game with balls for fans of a long running borderline-tired formula. It's a very high quality release for a game so removed from SNES's hey-day too; almost unreal it dropped in '98. Unreal came out in 1998. I like it more than MM8 anyway.
>>
File: hyato creds.jpg (617 KB, 2431x1786)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
No wonder MM&B owned.
>>
It's a solid game but has a pretty damn unforgiving difficulty level, mostly due to the removal of E-Tanks. It's in-line with Mega Man 8 on that regard, but 8 was a much easier game overall.

The upgrade system leaves a lot to be desired, you can get lots of them but are only allowed to equip one at a time. There's a ROM hack that lets you equip all of them at once and it greatly improves the game by balancing the difficulty against your capabilities.

That still can't fix things like Bass being forced to defeat his first robot master with his Bass Buster, which can only deal 1 point of damage at a time in the game with the longest invulnerability period in the series.
It makes buster only runs a nightmare.
>>
>>10873776
unironically it was made for jap poorfags who still owned a Super Famicom so they purposely made it hard because they knew only autists were playing it and wanted to give them their money's worth.
>>
Even as megaman it isnt any harder than the nes games. I guess people turned into babies after playing 8,
>>
I'm starting it tomorrow morning,
So far I loved 4 to 6, hated 7 and I was very surprised by 8.
>>
>>10873776
I don't think it's that frustrating, but I am biased, I probably have finished this game some 20 times, and a lot of them in the last few months. The level design is average to good, but the weapon selection is amazing, the upgrade shop is the best in the series and the game looks, plays and sounds very good. It's a reminder that Mega Man can be fun and challenging without limiting itself to 8 bits.
>>
>>10873776
naaahhh is easy,frustrating is the gutsman stage on the first rockman.
you reminded me someone from a video i saw yesterday,he was calling kusoge a perfectly fine and playable game just because he couldn't beat it (i alreaady beated the game 20 times unlocking almost everything).
new gens gamers are getting worse at playing games with each year,well they are the ones promoting moviegames so it was kinda obvious this was going to happen.
>>10874750
they are new gen gamers,the one that need the game to hold their hand while playing and teaching them any trick otherwise is not fun.
remember the special aid on rockman 9 &10 was made because of them.
>>
>guys check out this AWESOME hidden gem on SNES! it's AMAZING so GOOD sucks we didn't get it here it's only in Japan!
>it's fucking garbage
Every single time.
>>
>>10874468
really? why was this port made in the first place?
>>
>>10874841
Mega Man and Bass is good though
>>
>>10874254
They said the truth.
>>
>>10873776
I think the only parts that frustrated me were Burner Man's stage and King Stage 2.
>>
File: CDs.png (7 KB, 256x224)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
It's was fun except the stupid CD shit involving Megaman
>>
>>10873776
Bad design.
>>
>>10873776
I am at the last 3 stages of the game.
It took me forever to beat the primary stages. I got pissed off at the Dynamo Man stage, so I started cheesing out 9 lives, and buying everything at the store.

It's cheap, but whatever man, I just wanna finish the game
>>
>>10873776
>rockman

how are your hormones, Gamechamp?
>>
>>10874841
The Fire Emblem games are the best RPGs on the system though
>>
>>10873776
Happy Birthday Mega Man and Bass, today this game turns 26!! BTW if you genuinely hate this game and don't realize it's one of the best Mega Man games ever, you're genuinely stupid and retarded as fuck, and the reason most videogames nowdays are all designed with the idea in mind that you're a fucking retarded person who thinks that the Water Temple in Ocarina is too hard. Dark Souls is very easy by the way. Mega Man and Bass FOREVER.
>>
>>10877216
Completely fair. I'd urge you to try it again another day without cheesing though, MM&B is one of those games that gets better with replays because you've probably gotten a grasp on its bullshit and can bend it to your will. The Wily bosses will still be painful regardless, though.
>>10877220
Did he really? Lol.
>>
>>10878750
The last stage sounds virtually impossible. A boss rush with Willy at the end. I recall when I was a kid and used to play it for GBA never got past the King stage where he stares at you with his shield.
>>
File: Coldman-1676958673.png (744 KB, 937x999)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>completely ruins your first experience with the game
nothin personal, kids
>>
>>10879894
i find ground man easier with bass honestly, in theory he should be harder but he feels more predictable.
>>
>>10873776
>What the FUCK is this game’s problem. Why is it so fucking frustrating?

- Some cds(like the one of ground man or the one of quick man) are very annoying to get.

- Both astroman and tenguman were already in megaman 8(could not them create new bosses instead?).

- You cannot change of character in middle of the game(like in megaman X8). So if you get bored of your character after some levels, you must start again a new game to use the other one.

besides of that, is a good game with good music, good ambience, etc.
>>
>>10879894
He's actually not hard, at least with Bass you just spam the fire button and jump.

I have never played beyond the initial stage with Megaman as it sounds brutally unforgiving, though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.