[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm going in.
>>
>>10876279
Lucky fuck. I havent had sex in months.
>>
I hope you have a reel good time
>>
>>10876279
the bin
>>
Good luck. I heard this game sucked.
>>
Good suck. I lucked this game heard.
>>
Pachislot RPG
>>
>>10876279
Good ruck, gaijin.
>>
The way this game is put together is the basis for every non-retro SaGa after it. You can tell Kawazu got more interested in abstraction as time went on.
>>
>>10876279
>bought this game back in the day because the cover looked cool
>don't remember a single thing about it
I doubt I got far before calling it quits. I want to try again to see why this game just erased itself from my memory but I keep putting it off.
>>
>>10876281
I haven't had sex in- oh wait, that's right, I'm going to die a virgin! Ha ha!
>>
Funny, it's been on my backlog for ages. Watched a letsplay and it actually seemed interesting, although I'm not sure if I want to read the War and Peace esque manual just to understand all the unorthodox gameplay elements. Good luck OP, hope you beat it.
>>
File: shenmue-tom-ryo.gif (3.64 MB, 640x476)
3.64 MB
3.64 MB GIF
>>10878580
>>
i got it for $5 in a bargin bin and felt ripped off
felt more like playing a board game slightly more advanced than snakes and ladders, dropped it in an hour
>>
>>10878525
I like new SaGa but I wish they would go back to letting your create your own characters.
>>
>>10878580
>doesn't have to put up with women shit
you have no idea how good you have it
>>
>>10876279
Idk why but my reaction was envy even though I could do the same exact thing right now
>>
>>10879040
That was the point. He wanted to distill the game to just the game and leave out a lot of the flowery aspects. The only eye candy you get are the battles. Went the opposite way that RPGs went during the 6th gen in being cinematic.
>>
I tried it once on 2020 and got filtered massively, only because I had no idea what to do or where to go
>>
>>10879903
Yeah. I had to use the manual within five or so minutes because I had no clue how to exit town. I'd get to the world map and then select other town but had no clue how to wander the maps. Then I read the manual that said you pick up adventures from an inn.
>>
I remember when I first moved out, I was living in an apartment in bumfuck nowhere with no computer, it was the middle of winter, and I could only go into town about once every two weeks. I saw this in a bargain bin at Gamestop for three bucks and thought "perfect, this'll give me something to do for hours" (I had my TV and PS2, but none of my games and the TV was too old to pick up the newfangled broadcast style).

Even with literally nothing to do, I still couldn't bring myself to play it. If the game had come with a manual or something, it might have been a different story.
>>
File: IMG_3598.jpg (66 KB, 779x1044)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>10879040
>i was going to buy Chibi Robo for pretty cheap
>put it back and bought this instead
>>
I love Saga but was unaware of this game checked it out and it looks like total shit.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.