[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4779.jpg (877 KB, 1677x622)
877 KB
877 KB JPG
This has been on my mind forever. Ever since I first read this it will periodically pop into my mind and I find myself wondering if this actually happened or if the journalist just made it up for a joke. The game is Klingon: Honor Guard btw.
>>
File: IMG_4780.jpg (523 KB, 1240x1789)
523 KB
523 KB JPG
>>10876453
This was in PC Zone #67, September 1998 (UK)
>>
My dad was on the dev team and he confirmed it.
>>
>>10876456
>UK mag
seems like UK editors made things up wholesale a lot more often than US editors
>>
File: Saturndoomproto.jpg (40 KB, 1080x673)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>10876453
Who knows. Probably bullshit, but stupid stuff being found in unfinished versions of games isn't unheard of.
>>
Yeah it's true.

I also was in disbelief until I played as Akuma in Resident Evil 2.
>>
>>10876496
prototypes are serious business and all content in them is 100% canon unless I say it's not
>>
>>10876467
This was a journalist preview copy so maybe the devs were feeling particularly mischevious and stuck it in there for a laugh
>>
>>10876453
I was a huge fan of the Enterprise technical manual dvd thing. It's weird that some bloke has recreated the entire ship in realtime now.
>>
i once played this really bizarre fmv game called quantum gate II: vortex where it's like an avatar (the movie) scenario, you're in VR (because of course you are, it was 1994) killing what you think are evil space bugs but which turn out to be just people who you then try to help. anyway i ran into what i think must have been an incredibly rare easter egg or something where the main lady in the game invites you over to her hut and you get a dialogue choice that's like "i want to fuck your alien brains out" and she opens up her dress and it's just a gaping black hole inside which swallows you to a game over screen. i can't find anything about this online and it's always mystified me
>>
>>10881132
what the fuck anon that's amazing, is there an ISO out there?
>>
>>10876453
As well as I know video games it's most likely true.
>>
>>10881139
>what the fuck anon that's amazing, is there an ISO out there?
seconded.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.